• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dagan-near the apartments, Thom

Dagan was a little put off when the man who usually treated him like a brother pushed him into a corner to make him not be noticed by something.

" Sure, Thom," he said, looking over the corner a little catiously to see what he saw. Hopefully this wouldn't end poorly.

Dagan watched as Fan seemed to be talking to the man, but he wasn't sure what to make of the situation in the slightest, as there were tons of things that had happened too and he looked at the new man. He was off-putting to him. " I can see that they are conversing, but I can't hear what they are saying Thom," he said to him.

@Josh M @Akashi

Scarlett - Roxie - Caleb/Becca/Adam/Kylie

Walking had became nearly unbearable. Scarlett's legs shook with every step, her knees threatening to give out and let her fall on to the hot concrete.

'Where the hell am I?'

She squinted as she tried her hardest to focus on her surroundings, shielding her eyes with her hand to get a better view of things. Everything looked the same to her. Building after building. House after house. It all seemed lost until the sound of a gunshot rang out from what sounded like a few blocks away. Then a voice echoed in the silence that followed. "I.. I know that voice..." Her own voice was rough and raspy as she spoke for the first time in hours without having water to drink. Scarlett's pace picked up as she began to slowly job through the streets and allies to find where she had heard the shouting.

As she half jogged, Scarlett shifted the bag of weapons over so it would be in front of her torso and began to dig through, reaching in and grabbing the other sawed off that was left. Claiborne had given her two of them, three pistols, and several blades to work with along with ammo. She had lost the rifle she had back when she had been surrounded by the dead, and the other sawed off she had given to Floyd. She would make do.

Once she had gotten what she needed, Scarlett found the duffle bag back around to her back and got her sawed off at the ready as she turned a corner. To her surprise, there were four people there, but none of them were in offensive positions. She was now the only one holding up her weapon. It came at another surprise that the people that stood before her were people she knew, minus one person.

Tears formed in her eyes as she looked at Caleb and Becca, and even Adam who has an unstable liability to everyone. "Is.. A..are you.. Caleb?" She couldn't find it in her to come out with fully formed sentences or questions. She had, by now, come to the assumption that she would never be able to find Morgantown again.

@Atomyk @Ruby. @ResistingTheEnlightened

John - Roxie - Scarlett, Riley

Thung! Thung, thung!
John looked at the group behind him and back to the location of what he thinks is the shooter. "We're going to be attracting Revenants soon enough!" John turned to his back as he noticed a lone Revenant walking up to him already, planting 2 bullets into the decomposing skull before firing back at the shooter, realising he was already out of ammunition. "I am out!" He dropped the empty magazine of the Beretta before reloading, then somewhat stupidly dashing forward toward the building of the shooter.

He ran in zig zags, and fell sometimes at the counter shots being placed in front of him, John quickly getting up again as he stopped at the door, quickly looking inside before opening it quietly, then making sure it was clear before starting a quiet walk up the flight of stairs, fear and anxiety welling up in his body as he sweat excessively not from the run, but from the adrenaline in his veins.

@Atomyk @Woverbells​

Aoi/Amelia - Camp Site/On the Road - Evelyn/Libby/Tobias/Amelia

You have to treat yourself.

It had been awhile since Aoi did that. It was hard now, of course. The new world was a relentless beast. However, you had to own it. You had to find time for joy. Doing something not for survival, but for fun. So, while the group went for a hunt, Aoi relaxed, choosing to treat herself for a bit.

Taking her top off so she didn't have to worry about tan lines, she closed her eyes, soaking in the sun as she rested against the car's hood.

When she and Libby found Tobias, Amelia, and Riley, the three were surrounded by corpses. Libby was always the kinder person between the two ladies. When Libby started taking down the dead around the trio in order to help them, Aoi jumped in to help, even if she hadn't been initially sure beforehand. The two woman were a team.

However, since then, certain... developments had happened. Tobias, in Aoi's eyes, was a useful threat. The young woman knew better than to trust the admitted "professional killer", and as much as he was trying to get Libby on his side, the deaf woman knew that too. And the other two? Rose, the female, was distant, but nice. Aoi and her were just starting to get a light bond. Aoi trusted her. And Riley? When the ladies found the trio, Aoi was pretty sick, and, even not knowing her, Riley had treated her illness, treating her so well and with such care... The kindness the Scottsman had shown had endeared him to her. Plus, the man was handsome, and Aoi could tell he was lonely. Of course, things had been awkward between them and most of Aoi's attempts at bonding with him blew up in her face.

Now, here we go again.

Riley had walked in on her tanning, and as much as her reaction showed amusement at first, Aoi quickly became redder than even Riley, eventually moving to snatch her shirt off the ground. She slipped it on like a glove and hopped into the passenger's side of the vehicle, avoiding eye contact with Riley as she waited for him to get in as well. Her tone was none too proud as she said, "I'm sorry about that. I assumed you guys would radio me when you were coming back. My intention... was not for you to see me like that. Well, uh, not just you... like, anyone. You know? It's just such a nice day, and the sun was out... You have to live a little bit." Aoi paused to awkwardly rub at her arms. "Plus, in my defence, discretion kinda died when the dead didn't..."

She trailed off, wondering if Riley thought she was a total idiot. She kept her gaze away from him, waiting for him to respond, but soon only the sound of the van coming to life filled her ears. She turned to Riley to catch if he was ignoring her, and she found red still tinged his face. It was so noticeable under the red of his beard. "It's fine," he eventually managed to mutter. "Let's just go." Sensing the tone of the situation Aoi just nodded her head and kept her mouth shut.

***​

As the van was on its way, Amelia saw fit to answer Evelyn's question. "Temporarily. We have a later destination in mind," she said, her British accent likely recognizable. She made quite the pair with Riley, most people who met them noted. The worst was when people confused their accents somehow. How was that possible? "But I don't think we plan to stay. How about you? Do you live around here, or just passing through?"

Not that Amelia felt the girl would be quick to say where she lived if she did have a place, but it never hurt to ask.

Myriah - Back of Apartments > Inside the Apartments - Rob/Emma/Joe/Enrique/Cutter/Danny

Like she even had the capacity to run off after all that.

Myriah let out an exasperated sound and reached out to take Emma by the arm. The notion was clear: Myriah wanted Emma to come with her. The girl seemed to trust her for reasons Myriah couldn't fathom at the moment, and the last thing she wanted was this man digging his claws into her. Cutter didn't like her, that much was clear, though she didn't think she had given him much of a reason to feel that way. Maybe it was just because she was a woman, but Myriah didn't want to start assuming things about people like she always did. So, instead, she decided to ignore Cutter and guide Emma into the apartments, Joe and Rob presumably trailing behind them. If Cutter wanted to talk with her later, he would have to come to her.

Once they were inside and heading up the flight of stairs, Myriah began to notice that the building seemed a little quieter than usual. The apartments had filled up quickly lately and it seemed like something was always going on. Today? Things seemed more hectic than usual, which had led Myriah to the conclusion to choose now to leave in the first place. She just hoped the silence didn't have anything to do with her.

On her floor, she caught sight of Danny, who flinched at the sight of her. It was hard not to feel hurt at him avoiding her gaze. She assumed he would just continued past her down the stairs without a word, but something made him pause. Perhaps Danny was able to recognize the panic Myriah was feeling. In any case, he met them once they reached the top step, nodding his head toward the front of the building. "You guys know what's going on up front? I was just bringing some supplies from those, uh, ambassadors or whatever the fuck they're calling themselves. It's some kind of commotion..." He trailed off, looking uncomfortable. "... After my outburst earlier, I'm kind of worried about showing my face."

Myriah got the sense Danny was trying to talk more with Emma and Rob, but at least he was looking at her. She had the sudden urge to tell him what had just occurred, but she was scared at how he would react. "I... We don't know. We've been preoccupied."

Danny slowly nodded, seeming to suddenly realize then he didn't want to be there. "Okay... Okay, I guess I'll check it out myself, then. Uh, see you." And like Myriah had envisioned, Danny took his exit by awkwardly moving past them and heading down the stairs. She shook her head before gesturing down the hall.

"Now, can we go sit down for a moment?"
Caleb - Roxie - Kylie/Becca/Adam/Aiden/Jake/John/Ricky

The trio turned on the voice with expected severity, but at the immediate sight of who the source turned out to be, Caleb and Becca relaxed immediately. Adam kept his weapon trained on Scarlett for a second longer than was probably necessary, earning a sour look from Caleb. "Of all the places for you to end up," Caleb muttered, barely believing what was happening.

"Wow... just... wow!" Becca let out a laugh and stepped forward to take one of Scarlett's hands. "Scarlett! How...? You look so so tired!" While Caleb wasn't sure that was the most appropriate way to put it, it was clear Becca was beyond relieved at the development. He smiled at the sight, taking a few steps forward to stand next to the pair. He gave Scarlett a nod.

"We've been worried about you. Tyler, he..." Caleb looked down at the ground for a moment, unsure how to put it exactly. "... He missed you." Clearing his throat, Caleb then turned back to their new acquaintance, hoping she wasn't totally freaked out now about all this. "So, hey, this is a friend of ours that went, you know, missing. We're... just as surprised as you are right now, really. You see--"

"Hey there!"

Caleb flinched, turning quickly on yet another new voice. Adam, as usual, did the same, this time looking like he was out for blood. When Caleb laid eyes on the mysterious stranger, he felt his blood similarly begin to boil.

Just down the road, a blockade of armed men had situated themselves in a line. Standing in front was a tall, gaunt man with a black, pointed beard. He held a rifle in his hands, the barrel pressed against the back of John's head. John was evidently bleeding, a wound present in his shoulder. Beside him, Aiden didn't look much better, a large gash clear across the top of his head. There was no sign of Jake, so if he had escaped or was being held somewhere where Caleb could not see was not clear.

Beside Caleb, Adam growled. "I got 'im, Caleb. I'm going to take the fucking shot!"

"Don't you dare," Caleb said, his voice low. He could feel his heart pounding against his chest. He cursed the fact he'd put his own firearm on the ground moments ago. "You'll get them killed."

The man holding John hostage had a deadly serious look upon his face, but Caleb could see the faintest of smirks on his lips, even at this distance. "Listen up! If you all want to get out of this alive, you're gonna submit to us and let us go through your stuff. Then, we'll talk some more and see what to do with you. That all right?"

Caleb was at a loss for words. He licked his lips, mind reeling at the suddenness of all this. There was no real option other than to surrender, right? If they wanted John and Aiden to live, that's what needed to happen. He slowly and gently gestured for the girl they had just met to get down. "Adam, I think you need to lower your weapon." Caleb could see that his friend was shaking. He wanted to shoot so badly, Caleb could tell. "Please, Adam. Please."

Last edited:
Reactions: Akashi
Scarlett - Roxie - Caleb/Kylie/Becca/Adam/Aiden/Jake/John/Ricky

All of Scarlett's angst, exhaustion, and grief came over her all at once. She felt it hit her like a wave crashing against a cliff. Yet, even with all of the negative threatening to make her knees give in and have her fall to the ground, the pure joy and relief of finding those she knew was strong enough to keep her standing.

"I'm so glad I found you!" The tears streamed down Scarlett's face as she took Becca's hand and pulled her in for a quick hug, carefully keeping her weapon where it couldn't hurt anyone if it went off although she wouldn't have minded if it went off towards Adam.

Scarlett released Becca from her weak hold as she turned towards Caleb and smiled at him, her voice as weak as she looked.

"I am tired."

She didn't want to tell them why though. The lack of sleep that had continued on since her sister died, as well as the lack of food and water, gave Scarlett a beaten and battered look. She was sure that she had lost weight. She probably weighed near a hundred pounds now, the pants that she had worn before were loose to where she couldn't run properly without holding them up. She had mentally thanked God that she had changed clothes prior to meeting her old friends.

The happiness didn't seem to last though. Her smile quickly fell as Caleb mentioned Tyler. Guilt was the main emotion she felt, having left Tyler and Katie behind to go on her own vengeance trip. Then, after having her joy temporarily falter, it completely left when a strangers voice rang up from down the street. The woman's muscles tensed up once again and she was on the edge in a mere nanosecond. If it would have been just the strangers, Scarlett could have maybe been a bit less stressed. That wasn't the case though. The newcomers had two men held against their will, whom Scarlett knew fairly well. "John?!" She could not find it in herself to yell or shout, or speak above a whisper. She could not believe that he had made it out of the horde of walkers that had engulfed them a couple of weeks ago. For a moment, Scarlett was relieved that he had survived, but as the stranger spoke once more, Scarlett had wished that he hadn't survived. He wouldn't have had to be in this type of situation.

"I'm sorry."

No sound came out of her mouth as she looked at John. She merely mouthed the words so that John could know that she never meant to cause him any harm. Her eyes then cut back to the threat which were the men with weapons. They wanted to look through their stuff, which made Scarlett take a quick step back. In her duffle back that rested on her back, she carried several different guns with ammo that she had no intentions of giving up. She also had no intentions of being captured again, but knowing her luck, that was probably what the outcome was going to be. For once she agreed with Adam. She wanted to aim her shotgun at the men and shoot them herself, though Caleb did have a point. No one would make it out alive if there were to be a shoot out.

Reactions: Atomyk
Kylie Benson - Roxie - Caleb/Becca/Adam/Aiden/Jake/John/Ricky/Scarlett

The trio seemed a bit cautious, and one began looking around after she pointed to the pen. Not too long after, the calmer looking male moved closer, and introduced himself as 'Caleb'.
"I don't like speaking..." she offered her explanation to the pen in a whispered voice, before pulling the notepad from her back pocket and scratched down a more formal greeting, and holding it out so the one known as 'Caleb' could see.
I'm Kylie, hope you like the small little town.
It wasn't much, but greetings weren't usually a thing that happened ever since the world ended. Though she wasn't too sure he even saw what she had written, as a few seconds later another showed up, and she looked rather tired and malnourished. Unfortunately things only got worse from there, as more hostile looking people showed up. This was starting to become a rather crowded scene, and she certainly didn't want anyone rifling through her things, even if she didn't have anything valuable.
Ignoring Caleb's gesture, she scratched a new note down and held it in the air for the hostiles to see, hoping they would send someone over to get it, though it did pass through her mind to fold it into an airplane, she assumed they might not like that so much.
I've just met these people, so using their friends as leverage won't do much for you. However, I'll just tell you now that all I have are my daggers, a gun without ammunition, and a useless chicken.
@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ResistingTheEnlightened @Rithas @Wolverbells (I'm actually lost on who all is gathered...so I just copied atomyk's tags...just incase I've accidentally tagged anyone not involved xD)

Aoi/Amelia - Camp Site/On the Road - Evelyn/Libby/Tobias/Amelia

You have to treat yourself.

It had been awhile since Aoi did that. It was hard now, of course. The new world was a relentless beast. However, you had to own it. You had to find time for joy. Doing something not for survival, but for fun. So, while the group went for a hunt, Aoi relaxed, choosing to treat herself for a bit.

Taking her top off so she didn't have to worry about tan lines, she closed her eyes, soaking in the sun as she rested against the car's hood.

When she and Libby found Tobias, Amelia, and Riley, the three were surrounded by corpses. Libby was always the kinder person between the two ladies. When Libby started taking down the dead around the trio in order to help them, Aoi jumped in to help, even if she hadn't been initially sure beforehand. The two woman were a team.

However, since then, certain... developments had happened. Tobias, in Aoi's eyes, was a useful threat. The young woman knew better than to trust the admitted "professional killer", and as much as he was trying to get Libby on his side, the deaf woman knew that too. And the other two? Rose, the female, was distant, but nice. Aoi and her were just starting to get a light bond. Aoi trusted her. And Riley? When the ladies found the trio, Aoi was pretty sick, and, even not knowing her, Riley had treated her illness, treating her so well and with such care... The kindness the Scottsman had shown had endeared him to her. Plus, the man was handsome, and Aoi could tell he was lonely. Of course, things had been awkward between them and most of Aoi's attempts at bonding with him blew up in her face.

Now, here we go again.

Riley had walked in on her tanning, and as much as her reaction showed amusement at first, Aoi quickly became redder than even Riley, eventually moving to snatch her shirt off the ground. She slipped it on like a glove and hopped into the passenger's side of the vehicle, avoiding eye contact with Riley as she waited for him to get in as well. Her tone was none too proud as she said, "I'm sorry about that. I assumed you guys would radio me when you were coming back. My intention... was not for you to see me like that. Well, uh, not just you... like, anyone. You know? It's just such a nice day, and the sun was out... You have to live a little bit." Aoi paused to awkwardly rub at her arms. "Plus, in my defence, discretion kinda died when the dead didn't..."

She trailed off, wondering if Riley thought she was a total idiot. She kept her gaze away from him, waiting for him to respond, but soon only the sound of the van coming to life filled her ears. She turned to Riley to catch if he was ignoring her, and she found red still tinged his face. It was so noticeable under the red of his beard. "It's fine," he eventually managed to mutter. "Let's just go." Sensing the tone of the situation Aoi just nodded her head and kept her mouth shut.

***​

As the van was on its way, Amelia saw fit to answer Evelyn's question. "Temporarily. We have a later destination in mind," she said, her British accent likely recognizable. She made quite the pair with Riley, most people who met them noted. The worst was when people confused their accents somehow. How was that possible? "But I don't think we plan to stay. How about you? Do you live around here, or just passing through?"

Not that Amelia felt the girl would be quick to say where she lived if she did have a place, but it never hurt to ask.

Myriah - Back of Apartments > Inside the Apartments - Rob/Emma/Joe/Enrique/Cutter/Danny

Like she even had the capacity to run off after all that.

Myriah let out an exasperated sound and reached out to take Emma by the arm. The notion was clear: Myriah wanted Emma to come with her. The girl seemed to trust her for reasons Myriah couldn't fathom at the moment, and the last thing she wanted was this man digging his claws into her. Cutter didn't like her, that much was clear, though she didn't think she had given him much of a reason to feel that way. Maybe it was just because she was a woman, but Myriah didn't want to start assuming things about people like she always did. So, instead, she decided to ignore Cutter and guide Emma into the apartments, Joe and Rob presumably trailing behind them. If Cutter wanted to talk with her later, he would have to come to her.

Once they were inside and heading up the flight of stairs, Myriah began to notice that the building seemed a little quieter than usual. The apartments had filled up quickly lately and it seemed like something was always going on. Today? Things seemed more hectic than usual, which had led Myriah to the conclusion to choose now to leave in the first place. She just hoped the silence didn't have anything to do with her.

On her floor, she caught sight of Danny, who flinched at the sight of her. It was hard not to feel hurt at him avoiding her gaze. She assumed he would just continued past her down the stairs without a word, but something made him pause. Perhaps Danny was able to recognize the panic Myriah was feeling. In any case, he met them once they reached the top step, nodding his head toward the front of the building. "You guys know what's going on up front? I was just bringing some supplies from those, uh, ambassadors or whatever the fuck they're calling themselves. It's some kind of commotion..." He trailed off, looking uncomfortable. "... After my outburst earlier, I'm kind of worried about showing my face."

Myriah got the sense Danny was trying to talk more with Emma and Rob, but at least he was looking at her. She had the sudden urge to tell him what had just occurred, but she was scared at how he would react. "I... We don't know. We've been preoccupied."

Danny slowly nodded, seeming to suddenly realize then he didn't want to be there. "Okay... Okay, I guess I'll check it out myself, then. Uh, see you." And like Myriah had envisioned, Danny took his exit by awkwardly moving past them and heading down the stairs. She shook her head before gesturing down the hall.

"Now, can we go sit down for a moment?"

The trio turned on the voice with expected severity, but at the immediate sight of who the source turned out to be, Caleb and Becca relaxed immediately. Adam kept his weapon trained on Scarlett for a second longer than was probably necessary, earning a sour look from Caleb. "Of all the places for you to end up," Caleb muttered, barely believing what was happening.

"Wow... just... wow!" Becca let out a laugh and stepped forward to take one of Scarlett's hands. "Scarlett! How...? You look so so tired!" While Caleb wasn't sure that was the most appropriate way to put it, it was clear Becca was beyond relieved at the development. He smiled at the sight, taking a few steps forward to stand next to the pair. He gave Scarlett a nod.

"We've been worried about you. Tyler, he..." Caleb looked down at the ground for a moment, unsure how to put it exactly. "... He missed you." Clearing his throat, Caleb then turned back to their new acquaintance, hoping she wasn't totally freaked out now about all this. "So, hey, this is a friend of ours that went, you know, missing. We're... just as surprised as you are right now, really. You see--"

"Hey there!"

Caleb flinched, turning quickly on yet another new voice. Adam, as usual, did the same, this time looking like he was out for blood. When Caleb laid eyes on the mysterious stranger, he felt his blood similarly begin to boil.

Just down the road, a blockade of armed men had situated themselves in a line. Standing in front was a tall, gaunt man with a black, pointed beard. He held a rifle in his hands, the barrel pressed against the back of John's head. John was evidently bleeding, a wound present in his shoulder. Beside him, Aiden didn't look much better, a large gash clear across the top of his head. There was no sign of Jake, so if he had escaped or was being held somewhere where Caleb could not see was not clear.

Beside Caleb, Adam growled. "I got 'im, Caleb. I'm going to take the fucking shot!"

"Don't you dare," Caleb said, his voice low. He could feel his heart pounding against his chest. He cursed the fact he'd put his own firearm on the ground moments ago. "You'll get them killed."

The man holding John hostage had a deadly serious look upon his face, but Caleb could see the faintest of smirks on his lips, even at this distance. "Listen up! If you all want to get out of this alive, you're gonna submit to us and let us go through your stuff. Then, we'll talk some more and see what to do with you. That all right?"

Caleb was at a loss for words. He licked his lips, mind reeling at the suddenness of all this. There was no real option other than to surrender, right? If they wanted John and Aiden to live, that's what needed to happen. He slowly and gently gestured for the girl they had just met to get down. "Adam, I think you need to lower your weapon." Caleb could see that his friend was shaking. He wanted to shoot so badly, Caleb could tell. "Please, Adam. Please."

Eve shook her head in answer "No, I'm just passing through this are, I don't really have a home now." She said then shrugged. It didn't really bother her, it was just something that happened, she was just glad her family had been laid to rest before the dead started coming back to life, she hadn't had to kill family, just strangers and one-time friends which was hard enough.

The man, this group's apparent leader, seemed mildly amused by the actions of those he was trying to negotiate with. He eyed Adam with what Caleb could only interpret as a knowing look of some kind and pressed his the barrel of his weapon harder against John's skull. Caleb felt his insides churn, that look alone telling him that this wasn't going to end with no one getting hurt. For all he knew, this was all a show, and the man before them had no intention of leaving anyone alive today. That was not something Caleb would let happen, not if he had anything to do about it.

Thing was, these men not only had numbers, but had caught them with their pants down. Roxie wasn't a big town, so it baffled Caleb they hadn't caught wind of any of this beforehand. This must have been their usual stomping ground, which put Caleb and the others at an even bigger disadvantage.

Surprisingly, the leader obliged Kylie by sending two men over to grab her note. Adam practically growled at them as they neared, but it was obvious his sights were set firmly on their boss. "May not be your friends," said the leader, shrugging and tossing the note. "But you willing to risk the lives of innocent strangers? That's cold." A twitch at the corner of his mouth. More amusement. Was this a game to him? Caleb was sure this guy would kill Kylie just as quick as the rest of them. "So, name's Ricky. Got that? I'll be your warden for the evening, if you would just come along. Maybe drop your weapons right where you stand and come on over here. We won't bite, promise."

Caleb was prepared to do it. It was the only solution. He began shrugging off his backpack, giving the others around him a look, expecting them to comply as well. Becca began to follow his lead, but Adam didn't budge. Adam, Adam, Adam. In that moment, Caleb wanted to clock him. "Lower the weapon, Adam," Caleb muttered. "Drop your stuff. If they die, it's on you." Caleb knew it was harsh, but he needed to get through Adam's stubborn goddamn head. He noticed his friend waver slightly at that, but he still didn't seem to get the memo.

His voice low, Adam said, "I can take the leader out in one shot. Just one. Just one, Caleb! Stop being a fucking pussy and--"

"Shut up." Caleb took a wary glance back at Ricky, who waited patiently as if he had all the time in the world. Caleb felt his anger flare, his lingering resentment of Adam and his actions boiling over in his mind. "Why don't you ever fucking listen? Adam, for fuck's sake, I know about the drugs. You were fucking us over then and you're continuing to fuck us over now. Now, put the gun down."

Right then and there, Caleb knew that hadn't been the right approach. Adam looked at him for just a second, a flash of hurt across his face. Then, his eyes were back on Ricky, signalling the firing of the first shot. Later, Caleb lamented, perhaps he would regret this, but in the moment, all he wanted was for John and Aiden to survive. He reached out and took Adam's arm, pulling him roughly so that his shot went wide. Whether Adam was actually going to hit Ricky or not, Caleb would never know.

The shot may have not hit anyone, but it was enough to earn a reaction. The second shot of the encounter went off, one of Ricky's men firing into the back of Aiden's head. Becca cried out, and Caleb heard himself yell wordlessly as well. He felt his whole body go hot as red flashed across his vision. Aiden's blood now stained the street, but Ricky and his men demanded more. They began to fire fire their guns at the group, and Caleb could do little more than continue to pull Adam away. They danced across the pavement like two drunkards before collapsing behind the relative safety of an abandoned vehicle. Somewhere distantly, Caleb heard Becca scream, sounding as if she had run in the opposite direction.

Seconds passed, and Caleb started to come back down to Earth. He could feel all his limbs. He could feel that everything seemed okay and intact. Despite the shit storm happening around him, that fact offered him a moment of relief. Beside him, Caleb heard Adam gasping. He didn't realize he was still holding Adam by the arm, and when he turned to his friend, he could see blood staining Adam's torso. There was just so much, and Caleb could already feel it seeping into his own clothes. "You son of a bitch," he whispered, pulling Adam closer to him. His shaking hands touched at Adam's stomach, but that only earned a sharp cry from him, Caleb realizing the wounds were too numerous for any hope of holding back the blood flow.

After what could barely have been a minute, the bullets stopped, though Caleb didn't dare peek around the car to get a better look. He heard Ricky say, "didn't want to do that, but maybe now you'll understand we're not kidding around here. We got another of your friends in our van, so if you wanna avoid lowering our hostage count down to one, I suggest you do what I initially asked."

Amelia - On the Road - Evelyn/Libby/Tobias

Amelia watched the girl for a moment, getting a judge of the tone of her voice and her physical stance. It was almost casual, which was a good sign. "Well then," she said, flashing Libby and Tobias a knowing look. "Would you be interested in travelling with us for a time? We could use more people to watch our backs, at least until we get to where we're going." She figured that was what Libby wanted, after all. Why approach anyone at all if not for that? It's not like they were in a position to be looking to trade with anyone.

Last edited:
Evelyn ~ on the road ~ Libby, Tobias, Amelia

Evelyn looked from one to the other of them then nodded slowly. "Yeah, that'll be better than staying alone all the time" She said then smiled at them. "Where would we be going?" She asked curiously, coming out and easing the door shut on her car so it wouldn't thump and draw attention before she walked closer to them and stopped a short distance from the nearest so she wouldn't scare them "I like the thought of not being alone and having people to watch my back too"

Libby - On the road - Rose, Tobias- Evelyn

Reading Evelyn's lips, Libby would speak.

"My daughter's house. That's where. I'm trying to find her. "

Libby's words were blunt,. If Evelyn did realize it before. she would now know id Libby was deaf by her lisp. Tobias would nod his head, signing foras he spoke to Evelyn.

"You see, Miss Libby traveled nine months to get here. All the way from the west coast . Her daughter's house might lead to clues to where she went. It's the best place to start. Also, The area the house is around "safe zone" the government built before it fell. Chance are, it could be safe. Or, we're walking into a dead zone. Either way, with risks, comes rewards."

@Starrnico @Atomyk

Aoi - Driving - Riley

The drive was silent for some time. Aoi starred at the window for a time, watching the trees pass by. Turning back to Riley, the woman would notice he was still red. She didn't say anything at first. Noticing the man's wedding ring. Aoi's interested was peak.

"So, you were married?"

Pausing, Aoi's tone was soft as he words hung in the air.

"If you don't want to talk about, I get it. The pain never goes away, it never will. You just make room for it."

Aoi turned back to the window,, then back to main. The young ladies voice cracked before she spoke.

"I lost my partner, Lane. She was so smart, and clever so beautiful, she was like a goddess, with her long, flowing blonde hair. She wasn't perfect, though. You know, she had worst, most annoying laugh I ever heard. It was so nasally, it was like a air horn going off. Sometimes I would regretting making giggle, cuz I would suffer for it. I was with her for three year, yet not day went by where I didn't hated it so much! But now? Now, I would give just about anything to hear it one more time. It's stuff like that kills me, Riley. The little things. It's not fair that I'm here, and she's not. She was an successful lawyer, who made partner younger than anyone she knew, and what was I? I was failed actress who couldn't a gig to save her life, and an all around bullshit artist that she shined her light on. She was the better person, she was trying to save the world, all I ever wanted was to make a buck. The fact that I am here. and she's gone It's not fair."

It the point Aoi was more talking to herself than Riley, but it was clear it was both of them., Aoi would turn towards the window again.

"That's my story, if you were interested. I doubt it, though. Like I said, you make room for the pain."

@Atomyk

Last edited:
Thom-near the apartments, Dagen

Muttering under his breath, Thom watched over the situation. His mind was racing a mile a minute. Taking a deep breath, He turn to the younger man.

"I'll have to go over there soon. Look, I know you didn't get the best look at the layout. But look."

Across the street, outside the gates, sat a bar. Thom knew it was clear, even though it was outside the gate.

"Look, it's pretty far, but you think you could clear shot on the guy from there? It might be out comfor zone. But it's relatively safe for you. Do you think you could get a good shot on the guy if need from there? More importantly, could you get out fast enough if shit get gets fucked up?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

Dagan wasn't sure what to think about the situation as he didn't see a thing for the moment but noticed that Thom was staring at something in the distance.

" I imagine that you need me to do something," he said, as he doubted that this was just a social call at all.

Dagan noticed that he was pointing to a bar and he looked around to see what he might want him to do, not sure.

He gauged the distance that it was going to take to make a shot and he looked over at Thom. " I can get a shot in from here, but it might a little diffcult for me. I am going to need a good range weapon or move a little closer, but I can move fast enough if I have too," he honestly replied to him.

@Josh M

Scarlett - Roxie - Kylie/Becca/Adam/Aiden/Jake/John/Ricky/Caleb

It was just her luck to get stuck with yet another band of thugs that would probably try to kill them. Lady Luck was once again against Scarlett, trying its best to render her lifeless. The scene unfolded entirely too quickly for Scarlett to keep up with. The blonde woman was only able to focus on the fact that a shot had been fired, which caused several more shots to go off, which in return cause her to dive away from the group. The years of being a gymnast finally paid off for her as she tucked and rolled, then shot up and sprinted into the alley that was barely big enough for a dumpster to fit in it.

"Fuck.. The walkers are going to come.."

Scarlett's eyes scanned the area around her, flinching every few seconds when there would be another round fired too close to her alley. She had to dispose of the weapons quickly or else these men would have more fire power, and that wasn't something that Scarlett felt too comfortable about. That and her pride wouldn't allow it either. These were hers.

Without much thinking, she quickly shrugged off the bag and slid it under the dumpster, grabbing the foul smelling garbage bags that were on the ground and covering up the sides so that her stash wouldn't be viewable. On her persona, Scarlett just kept a machete on one hip and a pistol on the other hip. She had traded off the sawed off for something much easier to tote around.

Once the shooting subsided, the blonde made her way to the edge of the alley to listen in to what the man named Ricky told the group. She zeroed in on Adam and Caleb, who hid behind a vehicle. Caleb seemed fine but she couldn't say the same for Adam.

"I'm coming out!" Scarlett's voice for once didn't convey the same thing at her appearance did.

Adam from the very beginning had been a liability. From the moment that he had ran into her back in the little town where she met Tyler, Adam had shown nothing. It weakness rather than strength. Today he had seemed to do the exact same. Endangering the life of many just because he felt the need to prove himself, probably. These men could be willing to talk, negotiate maybe, yet Adam couldn't control his stupid and sporadic urges. With that thought in mind, Scarlett walked out without lifting her eyes off of Adam. She continued to glare at him as she took out her pistol and machete and set them on the ground in front of her. Once that was done, she finally looked away from him and over to Ricky and his men before making her way over to them.

Kylie Benson - Roxie - Caleb/Becca/Adam/Aiden/Jake/John/Ricky/Scarlett

As soon as the two men took the note, Kylie's hands moved to her daggers, pulling them from their sheaths. It was merely a precaution of course, as even if she had wanted to do anything she would likely be killed before she even closed half the gap between them and the hostiles. While she wasn't too phased by the scenario, she was effected by the words spoken after the apparent leader read the note. He had called her 'cold', which was not a word Kylie would use to describe herself. What got her the most, was that he was right, she often did things others would describe as 'cold', and just not realized it.
Had kylie not been wearing her mask, it would have been more obvious that she was scared of this man, not because of his threats, or even because of the guns, but because he had labeled her with an emotion. She hated him for it, but was scared more than anything, and almost didn't even notice when the shoot-out started, not until one of the bullets hit her leg. While most of the others moved out of the open in some way, Kylie merely allowed herself to fall to the ground where she was, covering her ears to block out the sound of the gunfire.
After what seemed like forever the sounds stopped, Kylie uncovered her ears and looked around. Her daggers were both still beside her, and she could easily have grabbed them and darted for the cover of an abandoned car, or even one of the nearby houses. Well, if not for the bullet in her leg, which she noticed upon trying to stand. Instead of trying to do anything reckless, she slid her daggers away from her, towards the assailants a ways.

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ResistingTheEnlightened @Rithas @Wolverbells

[btn=#c7a900]Damien Orwen - The Apartments - Fan, Abel, Others[/btn]
Well, for once, the woman was willing to trade. A step into the right direction. Damien liked that. His eyes, however did fall on the noise behind Fan. Yes, there seemed to be something going in the background of the complex they were all housed up in. Moving his attention back at her, he couldn't quite understand her question. "My angle?.. Well, trading of course? You help us out, and we'll help you out. And like you said, we, the living have to stick together, no?"

His aura of confidence did not wither away, not even after her little comment about the shield and the sword. Going with her joke, or whatever that was, Damien laughed in return, as his eyes moved over at the people around him. "Well yeah. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out." A sigh escaped his lips, before he continued. "But, as you know, we use what we can get in order to survive, right?"

Even if the shield and the sword was silly, especially in his mind, he couldn't help but agree to a question that popped in his mind. Yes, having a sword would definetely help against the walkers. Even a shield could help push them away or anything else. 'Block an arrow maybe..' A simple joke escaped his mind. If he got the chance he would rid the world of foolish people like that.

However, it honestly boggled his mind when Fan went out and said that he was scary. "But really? I'm scary.. Come on.." Laughed half-heartedly, he took a moment before looking at the bike close to him.

"I am just a concerned father.. You can relate to that, can't you?"

"By the way.. Is everything alright back there?" Damien nodded over Fan's shoulder, referring to the scuffle or perhaps the unwanted noise.

@SheriffLlama @Josh M

Cutter-Apartments-Enrique, Thom, Fan, Damien, Others
Cutter carried the unconscious man up through the halls, he opened the door to the apartment Enrique had been living in and walked through it. There was a thud of something against wood and Cutter looked behind himself. He saw that he'd accidentally knocked Enrique's head against the door frame. Cutter smirked and walked into the room and dropped the man on the bed, the frame creaked and sagged then sprang back. Cutter quickly exited and locked the man in his room. Cutter wanted to check on Fan, he was concerned about how the whole of the exchange at the front was going. He walked down the hall and then out of the apartment entrance, he moved onto the street and found Fan. He spotted a new guy, talking to Fan. Cutter rolled his shoulders and began walking to her side. His large frame was easily spotted over Fan's head as he approached. He got within distance to hear the conversation and then stood beside Fan. He eyeballed this new man, Cutter figured a woman of Fan's height could use some semblance of muscle. He always thought of her as a little sister, and this guy looked like trouble. Dangerous glint to his eye, not unlike Enrique. Cutter held his tongue but stood just close enough to Fan that she could know he was there. The man mentioned something about scary, Cutter smiled broadly.

"You aint too scary," Cutter said crossing his arms, "Shit... I think you're kinda cute, purty too."
Enrique-Apartment/Subconscious-Amanda
Enrique was in a black space, drifting in a seemingly endless void. He began to make out a figure, a beautiful figure. Her wavy coffee colored hair, fair complexion, hazel green eyes. She stood slightly shorter than he did, she looked just as beautiful as the first time he'd seen her in Outpost. She was far away from him, a rifle in her hand. The world around her faded into being, he was at Outpost. She was at the firing range, aiming down range, he was down range. He began to see more bodies fade in, each a fire arm in hand. He saw Fred, Myriah, Colton, Sylar, Emma, each aiming down range right at him. One man walked up, coming into view Enrique recognized the man. This man was the object of Enrique's rage, he grew angry in his sleep and tried to move towards this man but to no avail. Enrique looked down at himself and saw he was chained up, his clothes tattered, bits of his torn flesh shown through the tears. Tyler stood slightly behind the rest and raised his arm, he opened his mouth and shouted something as he brought his arm down. Enrique wanted to shout to Amanda, but all he heard was a long groan. She smirked and the crack of rifles rang as Enrique raised his arm.

The scene changed in an instant, he was with Tyler, pinned behind a car under fire. But Enrique could only watch as he saw the scene play out. Enrique broke cover and aimed the rifle he held at a woman holding a little girl, he knew who that little girl was. It was Tyler's daughter. Enrique squeezed the trigger and the woman was jerked away from the little girl by the force of the bullet. Time sped up, Enrique found himself cutting through Outpost scouts. He saw their faces slashed in half, blood battering his face. Things changed, he was kneeling over Sylar. A rock was in his hand and he was bringing it down into the mans face, this man had not deserved this. He didnt burn the cabin. But Enrique still saw himself smashing the rock mercilessly into the pool of blood and mush that was once Sylar's face.

Again the scene changed, he was standing in his cabin. He saw himself, clean shaven, his pistol in hand. On the bed, sleeping peacefully was Amanda. She was so peaceful, Enrique watched her stomach rise and fall with each breath. Smoke began to flood the room, Enrique looked towards himself. He began shouting at himself to wake up, to get up, to grab Amanda and run away with her. But nothing. Not until the room was thoroughly on fire. He saw himself cough and looked towards Amanda, she was still sleeping. He watched as the younger him simply walked towards the door leaving the love of his life behind. He grabbed himself by the shoulder and wrenched him back.

"Save her!" He shouted at himself, looking himself dead in the eyes. But in his own eyes he saw what everyone else saw the lack of compassion, lack of care, that dead look of a broken man. He punched his former self in the face, but there was no reaction.

"Save her you bastard!" He shouted grabbing himself by the throat and wrenching himself to the ground, "Dont you dare let her die! You son of a bitch! Help her!"

The cabin burned around him, he looked back at Amanda and saw the beam that pinned her to the bed fall. She woke, screaming in agony as the beam crushed her ribs and abdomen. It burned into her flesh and he watched her scream, he ran the beam and grabbed it trying to lift it but it burned his hands. He looked back at his former self and saw the man walk away, leaving his woman behind. The scene changed and Enrique was back in the empty black space, he fell to his knees sobbing into his hands. A soft touch disturbed him, he looked up from his hands and saw her. She was there. Beautiful again. Untouched by the world. She pulled on his hands and he stood. He stood there for a moment with her hands in his, just staring into her eyes.

"I put my life in your hands, Ricky, and you messed it up, I said I'd kill you if you did."

"I'm..." His voice broke, "I'm so sorry Amanda... I tried..."

She shushed him, a sweet smile on her face. Amanda put his hand on the side of her face and he smiled, he felt her there. She was real. She was smiling at him, holding his hand to her face. He trailed his thumb over her lips, they felt dry, like paper. She planted a kiss on his thumb, then pulled his hand slightly away from his face. She began kissing down his arm. When she got to his wrist she bit in. He shouted and pulled her off of him, her teeth still sunk into his flesh. She ripped skin and vein from his arm and he recoiled, stepping back. He looked at her and saw her body changing, he stomach bled, fire started there spreading upwards, her face caught fire and began to melt.

"You left me!" She screamed with tears from her eyes, "How could you just let me die! I trusted you Enrique! You were my love!"

She walked towards him, he tried to walk towards her but she was engulfed in flame. He put his arms up to shield himself from the heat. She kept walking. Screaming at him. The fire from her body spread across the entirety of the black void, soon he was surrounded in fire. Subjected to her burning fury, forced to suffer the pain she'd suffered through. He watched in terror as she convulsed, her body burning to little more than a husk. She was screaming and jerking about until finally she threw her arms out wide and exploded in a fiery nova. He was left there in the void, she was gone.​

Emma - The Apartments - Myriah / Rob / ETC
Emma was silent for the majority of what went down in the alleys. She moved to follow cutter, but Myriah grabbed her by the arm, pulling her back. She turned to the face the woman and understood what was conveyed through her serious look. She silently nodded, not even looking back at Cutter for confirmation, simply because she didn't have to. He might've thought he ran this place, but he didn't run her. After her obnoxiously teenager-esque ignorance of the man, she followed Myriah into the apartments, stopping as Danny arrived.

The young girl stepped to the hallway window as Danny mentioned the commotion at the gates. How had they not heard it from the Alley? She saw the knight guy, Thom or whatever, standing with another man. Behind Fan stood a group of five other people that Emma didn't recognize. She saw a guy with a sword, who's hair was more ginger than hers. She saw that the four others with him stood behind him, as if he were some kind of leader. From their shields and swords, she reasoned that they were knights as well.

When Danny left, she turned to Myriah as she mentioned sitting down. "Yeah... but... it's the perfect time to leave, if you want to. Everyone's distracted at the gates." She said.

@Atomyk @Rithas @Josh M

Libby - On the road - Rose, Tobias- Evelyn

Reading Evelyn's lips, Libby would speak.

"My daughter's house. That's where. I'm trying to find her. "

Libby's words were blunt,. If Evelyn did realize it before. she would now know id Libby was deaf by her lisp. Tobias would nod his head, signing foras he spoke to Evelyn.

"You see, Miss Libby traveled nine months to get here. All the way from the west coast . Her daughter's house might lead to clues to where she went. It's the best place to start. Also, The area the house is around "safe zone" the government built before it fell. Chance are, it could be safe. Or, we're walking into a dead zone. Either way, with risks, comes rewards."

@Starrnico @Atomyk

Aoi - Driving - Riley

The drive was silent for some time. Aoi starred at the window for a time, watching the trees pass by. Turning back to Riley, the woman would notice he was still red. She didn't say anything at first. Noticing the man's wedding ring. Aoi's interested was peak.

"So, you were married?"

Pausing, Aoi's tone was soft as he words hung in the air.

"If you don't want to talk about, I get it. The pain never goes away, it never will. You just make room for it."

Aoi turned back to the window,, then back to main. The young ladies voice cracked before she spoke.

"I lost my partner, Lane. She was so smart, and clever so beautiful, she was like a goddess, with her long, flowing blonde hair. She wasn't perfect, though. You know, she had worst, most annoying laugh I ever heard. It was so nasally, it was like a air horn going off. Sometimes I would regretting making giggle, cuz I would suffer for it. I was with her for three year, yet not day went by where I didn't hated it so much! But now? Now, I would give just about anything to hear it one more time. It's stuff like that kills me, Riley. The little things. It's not fair that I'm here, and she's not. She was an successful lawyer, who made partner younger than anyone she knew, and what was I? I was failed actress who couldn't a gig to save her life, and an all around bullshit artist that she shined her light on. She was the better person, she was trying to save the world, all I ever wanted was to make a buck. The fact that I am here. and she's gone It's not fair."

It the point Aoi was more talking to herself than Riley, but it was clear it was both of them., Aoi would turn towards the window again.

"That's my story, if you were interested. I doubt it, though. Like I said, you make room for the pain."

@Atomyk
Evelyn - On the road - Rose, Tobias, Libby

Eve nodded. That made sense to her in a way. "Most government places I have come across are not in the best shape" She said then shrugged "Of course I've only seen one that was even done before all this happened, the rest were not ready for anything any more than most of the nation seemed to be. If this one was ready it may yet survive" She didn't want to dash their hopes, but most places she had seen from the road were gone one way or another, usually by helicopters or other vehicles crashing into the walls and tearing them down so the dead walked freely in them. She hoped this one was better, she hoped they could find safety for once.

Fan - Apartments - Damien, Cutter, Greg

"You just told me you're a father who's looking out for his child, and you think you aren't scary? Huh? I really shouldn't be afraid? Let me tell you something, Damien, before the word fell to shit, I was a trauma surgeon. I helped different kind of people every day, so I worked on a lot of kids. I've seen what a father's love can do... can make them do. So, to me, of course I'm afraid of you! A father's love knows no bounds, right? You would do anything to protect them."

Fan's voice was slightly playful, but the serious nature still could be heard in her tone. Turning around, she gave Cutter a pointed look. Then she saw Thom coming toward her.

Thom - Near the Apartments - Dagen

Thom panned over to Dagen. It was clear what Thom was thinking. Nodding to himself, he turned to his friend.

"Never mind man, look, just cover me. If you see a sniper or something, just shoot off warning arrow. Just stay out of sight. Cool?"

Thom would start walking to Damien and Fan. His twin hook swords could be seen on his back, while, unlike most of the other "Knights", Thom's revolver was clear in view. Looking Damien over, he'd speak.

"Sorry I'm late, Fan. So, who what did I miss?"

"Damien, this is Thom."

It would be clear that neither Fan or Thom were going to help Damien figure out what Thom was here for or what his goal was.

"So, what brings you to Fan's? You lookin' for a place to stay? Or, maybe a trading partner?"

@Atomyk @HellHoundWoof @Akashi @SheriffLlama @LuckycoolHawk9

---

Joe - Apartments - Lia, Asya

Leaving the main, group, Joe looked for Lia. He found her with Asya.

"There you are, kid! Wanna go for a walk."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Akashi and Atomyk
Thom panned over to Dagen. It was clear what Thom was thinking. Nodding to himself, he turned to his friend.

"Never mind man, look, just cover me. If you see a sniper or something, just shoot off warning arrow. Just stay out of sight. Cool?"

Thom would start walking to Damien and Fan. His twin hook swords could be seen on his back, while, unlike most of the other "Knights", Thom's revolver was clear in view. Looking Damien over, he'd speak.

"Sorry I'm late, Fan. So, who what did I miss?"

"Damien, this is Thom."

It would be clear that neither Fan or Thom were going to help Damien figure out what Thom was here for or what his goal was.

"So, what brings you to Fan's? You lookin' for a place to stay? Or, maybe a trading partner?"
Dagan- Apartments-Thom

He nodded, as he could do a warning shot and he looked around for any snipers to shoot his friend. It wasn't a normal world where you needed to protect your friend from being killed by walkers or for that matter, the insane people.

Living on his own for the long time, he realized that there was two types of people left in the world, the resourceful and the insane/decietful ones.

@Atomyk @HellHoundWoof @Akashi @SheriffLlama @Josh M

Status
Not open for further replies.