• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kaide`

Original poster
x| THE SEABORNE CHRONICLES |x
"LET THE SEA SET YOU FREE"

Seaborne is currently not accepting open-signups!
Check out the interest check here, and keep an eye out for any chances for new players.
If you really, really want to join, shoot me a PM and we'll discuss.

The IC is up, and can be found here!

Nobody was ever quite sure how or why this came to be. For many, their journey starts out the same way: a bright, blinding light. A sense of weightlessness, the sound of water around their ears. It was all but serenity, until the need for many came to forefront: the need to breath.

Some panic, some simply accept the fate they've found themselves to. As consciousness begins to fade, many spot something odd above them. Large ripples in the water, humanoid figures diving down towards them. Arms wrapping around them, freeing them from their daze as they're brought to the surface to breath air once more.

You find yourself aboard a great naval craft aptly named the U.S.S Enterprise.
Still dazed and sopping wet, the people that rescued you tell you that the vessel is home to many, most of them finding their way onto the ship the same way you did. Just glancing around the deck you're on gives the impression of a busy ship. Makeshift greeneries are littered about in a sort of organized chaos, leaving just enough room for moving to and from, as well as some makeshift supply tents to hold containers of items.

oVv80yy.jpg

Amid it all, you're approached and greeted by a rather strange looking woman. She sticks out like a sore thumb to you, looking like she belonged at a circus rather than a ship. Still, her gaze is firm and serious, her striking lilac eyes peering straight at you.

"Greetings. My name is Alyssa Marigold, but you may call me Officer Alyssa. I am one of the people that helps keep this hunk of metal afloat." She pauses to look towards the nearest deck worker, shouting "We need some towels over here!" before looking back at you, continuing her little speech as if nothing happened. "I would like to formally welcome you aboard your new home, the U.S.S Enterprise."

You're quickly tended to following Officer Alyssa's orders, tentatively listening to what she has to say.

"I'd reckon you're confused, and I can assure you that many aboard this ship still are. From the looks of it, many here are not from this world. As crazy as that may seem…" She offhandedly gestures around, as if trying to emphasize a point. "It is the reality we find ourselves in."

She goes on to explain further, telling you more of the situation at hand. The vessel is not only home to hundreds, but also a beacon of hope in an otherwise bleak world. It's hard to blame them, given how Alyssa explains that most of this world is covered in water. The seas seem to shift on their own accord, constantly revealing and swallowing away new lands to explore. It's almost hard to believe, and apparently it showed in your expression. Officer Alyssa gives a stern look, continuing.

"I arrived in a similar way to you. Believe me when I say that the situation is as serious as it can be. This ship has been in active operation like this for a few years now, and many of us are damned determined to keep it this way. The little land we've come across haven't all harbored friendly life; as such, we take what we need and keep sailing."

Her expression softens for a moment and she clears her throat, shifting the dagger sheath on her belt idly. "Unfortunately, the U.S.S Enterprise is rife with infighting nowadays. That, coupled with food shortages and fuel concerns…" She cocks a brow at you, seeming to examine you up and down. "I and the other officers are unsure how many more… anomalies like you we can afford to take on."

Officer Alyssa sighs, shaking her head. "Regardless, welcome aboard. Make yourself useful, will ya? We can't afford much more dead weight." She deadpans, beginning to turn to leave. "Oh, and I do hope you like fish. You'll be having a lot of that here."

What Is Seaborne?

The Seaborne Chronicles is a roleplay that takes place in a dynamic, ever-changing setting. Characters find themselves aboard a re-purposed naval aircraft carrier named the U.S.S Enterprise. Forced to sail the seas as a nomadic community due to the rapidly changing seas, the cast will find themselves having to overcome trials of various sorts. From coming across mysterious islands harboring deadly secrets, to dealing with growing instability on the ship due to infighting and clashes of ideals, characters will have to work together to unravel the mystery of the world's mysterious seas.​

What Kind of Characters Are Allowed?

In line with the setting of "anything could happen", original characters (OCs) and characters from preexisting media (canons) are allowed. The only real requirement is that characters considered "overpowered" with their abilities (such as being able to level a building with ease, etc) will need to have their powers nerfed.

Players are also welcome to play more than one character, though the cap for characters per person is going to be three for now.​

Anything Else I Should Know?

The ship has been in active operation for roughly five or six years and has undergone many changes since it's conception as a mobile safe haven.

At the beginning, characters may be introduced one of two ways:
A) Freshly taken from their world and dumped into the sea, quickly rescued by the U.S.S Enterprise.
or
B) Having resided on the ship for no more than a year, probably finding themselves there through means of the first option.

Later on, new ways of character introduction might be brought in. This may include having characters willingly board the ship from newly discovered lands, though this is still up for debate.

Also, as a general word of warning: please be considerate to your fellow roleplayers! Give others a chance to post and make a difference. Try not to leave others out if you can!​

Character Sheet

Name:
What canon universe your character is from. If an OC, just put down Original Character.
Appearance: Written description is fine, but photo is preferred.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Self explanatory. List off any powers or abilities they may have, as well as any equipment such as weapons.
Personality Overview: Doesn't have to be much. How does your character act typically?
Short Bio: Again, doesn't have to be much. Just a brief glance into where they come from, etc. A wiki link is fine here.

Other Stuff: Anything you feel you should note for either other players or the GM!

The Cast / Accepted Characters
Player Slots: 11/12
Crow | Benjamin Tennyson
Wolgron | Dalla Al'Kai
Sumirenko | Satori Komeiji
Kaide` | Aleks Hyde
chaosheart13 | Allen Delacroix
kanoro | Flint Mathison
Traveller's Guide | Malakim Phoros
Navuso | Krimero Zaviar Tralomello the Third
Luma | Melody Kaiano
Roose Hurro | Sev Ornill
GrieveWriter | Sir Alonne

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Traveller's Guide
Name: Krimero Zaviar Tralomello the Third (Krim Zave)
Origin: Original Character
Appearance:
887558_QbGv0c1TeiDyDzJ.png

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: The Gem on his shoulders holds the power to connect to multiple other forms. In the reference image, he's accessed a pair of wings from them, but a range of things can be made from the power of the jewel. (Wings, Spikes, Hands, etc.)

Personality Overview: Somewhat short with his words, as his species relied more on their actions and more feral hints to communicate. Holds himself with an air of dignity and seems to be excitable over certain things. He loves to be helpful/useful after losing his home.

Short Bio: Krim comes from a place that he calls Grim Well. It's unclear if this is his world, continent, country, or civilization. It's just the home that he knows and apparently was very attached to. However, things fell apart and before he knew what was going on, the Elder -his father- led him down some halls and through a dark room. The next thing he knew, he found himself in a completely different world, a bit disoriented and confused.

Other Stuff: Sorry about posting in the other thread, lol. I stumbled upon the ad for the RP, so I didn't know that the OOC thread had already been made. If I had known, I'd have posted here to see if I could apply.
By the way, Krim has a Toyhou.se that I'll most likely be adding more art to at some point.

Name: Krimero Zaviar Tralomello the Third (Krim Zave)
Appearance:
887558_QbGv0c1TeiDyDzJ.png

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: The Gem on his shoulders holds the power to connect to multiple other forms. In the reference image, he's accessed a pair of wings from them, but a range of things can be made from the power of the jewel. (Wings, Spikes, Hands, etc.)

Personality Overview: Somewhat short with his words, as his species relied more on their actions and more feral hints to communicate. Holds himself with an air of dignity and seems to be excitable over certain things. He loves to be helpful/useful after losing his home.

Short Bio: Krim comes from a place that he calls Grim Well. It's unclear if this is his world, continent, country, or civilization. It's just the home that he knows and apparently was very attached to. However, things fell apart and before he knew what was going on, the Elder -his father- led him down some halls and through a dark room. The next thing he knew, he found himself in a completely different world, a bit disoriented and confused.

Other Stuff: Sorry about posting in the other thread, lol. I stumbled upon the ad for the RP, so I didn't know that the OOC thread had already been made. If I had known, I'd have posted here to see if I could apply.
By the way, Krim has a Toyhou.se that I'll most likely be adding more art to at some point.
Accepted! The group has just started boarding the U.S.S Enterprise after being dumped into the sea. They're being teleported aboard, thanks to a handy mage. You're free to say Krim is one of those being helped on, or you can say he's already been aboard for a little bit. It's your call. ^^

And don't worry, I kept forgetting to edit the link to the OOC into the interest check. :')

Mutants and aliens, hmmm... (Good thing he doesn't yet realise Satori's inhuman nature)

@Navuso @kanoro - Malakim is going to get in Krim's way, writing

@Traveller's Guide That's fine. It'll be fun to have someone else get in the way, lol. Though Krim might get a bit miffed over the whole thing~

This is definitely a very interesting mesh of characters, and I can't wait until we get into some of the more in depth situations a little further down the road~

Reactions: Sumirenko
Interesting indeed! I'm excited to see what's in store. <3

also Malakim may or may not have inadvertently protected the others from getting their minds read like a book... at least for now.

• Love
Reactions: Navuso
Interesting indeed! I'm excited to see what's in store. <3

also Malakim may or may not have inadvertently protected the others from getting their minds read like a book... at least for now.
Careful that Satori doesn't delve too deep into his cranium. Some of the stuff floating around in there can cause a brain hemorrhage, followed by expulsion of life-fluid through eyes, ears, nose and mouth, as well as general hysteria and paranoia to standard human minds. Considering her inhuman physiology coupled with experience with her powers, she would probably weather through, though it wouldn't be a pleasant experience regardless.

Careful if she probes him during the Black Rage though, at that point all bets are off.

Careful that Satori doesn't delve too deep into his cranium. Some of the stuff floating around in there can cause a brain hemorrhage, followed by expulsion of life-fluid through eyes, ears, nose and mouth, as well as general hysteria and paranoia to standard human minds. Considering her inhuman physiology coupled with experience with her powers, she would probably weather through, though it wouldn't be a pleasant experience regardless.

Careful if she probes him during the Black Rage though, at that point all bets are off.
Well you can be certain she isn't very inclined. Malakim gave her quite the scare. It'll be quite a while until Satori even glances in his direction again... Though I imagine his presence might be something of a problem if she gets too close.

...There are serious downsides to having mind-reading powers you can't turn off. It's a blessing and a curse.

So stuff happened and now it's like a week after I had planned to have a character done. Clearly I am very prompt and not prone to distractions. Anyways, I'm still here, and if there's still room for me I think I'll get to it and finish either tonight or tomorrow. Methinks the mute girl would be the more interesting one in this case.

So stuff happened and now it's like a week after I had planned to have a character done. Clearly I am very prompt and not prone to distractions. Anyways, I'm still here, and if there's still room for me I think I'll get to it and finish either tonight or tomorrow. Methinks the mute girl would be the more interesting one in this case.
There's still room. You're welcome to join in. ^^

• Love
Reactions: Navuso
The joke in all of this is that Malakim does quite squarely fall into the definition of "mutant" himself. And by some accounts, also the definition of "xeno". Not that he will ever admit that.

Name: Melody Kaiano

Origin:
Original Character. Her native world is best described as high-fantasy renaissance: massive breakthroughs, both magical and scientific, have been made in the past 100-200 years or so. Magic is available to all, but just like any skill, it takes time and patience to master the channeling of one's aura.

Appearance: Melody has shoulder-length brown hair, blue eyes, and a fairly well-kept face. Many might consider her charming in appearance, particularly her bright smile. Her one piece of jewelry is a silver, pendant necklace that appears to have previously housed a large jewel in the center.

---------------

Powers/Abilities/Equipment:
  • General Medicine: While not up to modern standards, her knowledge of sanitation, disinfection, dietary needs and similarly basic health principles are mostly accurate.
  • Healing Aura: Melody has learned basic healing magic through aura flow, which can reconstruct a broken body according to its DNA. However, this using magic expends her own life energy. While this life energy replenishes itself similar to blood, she may exhibit anything from increased appetite, to a headache from healing a severe wound like a missing arm. Several major repairs in a short time-span may even kill her.
  • Elemental Magic: Having learned the basics of aura flow, Melody is also 'theoretically' capable of conjuring basic elements, such as fire, water, lightning, etc. She does enjoy playing around with this on occasion, but is inexperienced and usually screws it up.

Personality Overview: Melody has been physically mute since birth due to a defect in her vocal folds. Despite this, she is very extroverted and enjoys most company. Many people consider her mysterious, which she actually enjoys, so she often intentionally acts suspicious, sneaks around, or writes in a self-made language to that end. Melody forgives nearly any cruel or selfish act with due haste, as long as the recipient appears remorseful. On the other hand, nothing gets her more upset than having this trust taken advantage of. Melody generally refuses to kill other sentient beings and will heal almost anyone who is hurt to the best of her ability.

Short Bio: Melody comes from a lower-class family living on the outskirts of a big city. Entering her teenage years, an outbreak of disease swept through the ghetto they called home, with no proper sanitation to stop it. As a result, Melody's mother was struck ill and nearly died. Eventually, she managed to survive, mostly by luck, though her health is still frail. When Melody came of age, she left home to train as a healer, working part-time as a maid to cover the costs.

Other Stuff: I haven't been keeping up with the IC much yet, so I'm open to suggestions for whether or not she's been on the ship already.

Name: Melody Kaiano

Origin:
Original Character. Her native world is best described as high-fantasy renaissance: massive breakthroughs, both magical and scientific, have been made in the past 100-200 years or so. Magic is available to all, but just like any skill, it takes time and patience to master the channeling of one's aura.

Appearance: Melody has shoulder-length brown hair, blue eyes, and a fairly well-kept face. Many might consider her charming in appearance, particularly her bright smile. Her one piece of jewelry is a silver, pendant necklace that appears to have previously housed a large jewel in the center.

---------------

Powers/Abilities/Equipment:
  • General Medicine: While not up to modern standards, her knowledge of sanitation, disinfection, dietary needs and similarly basic health principles are mostly accurate.
  • Healing Aura: Melody has learned basic healing magic through aura flow, which can reconstruct a broken body according to its DNA. However, this using magic expends her own life energy. While this life energy replenishes itself similar to blood, she may exhibit anything from increased appetite, to a headache from healing a severe wound like a missing arm. Several major repairs in a short time-span may even kill her.
  • Elemental Magic: Having learned the basics of aura flow, Melody is also 'theoretically' capable of conjuring basic elements, such as fire, water, lightning, etc. She does enjoy playing around with this on occasion, but is inexperienced and usually screws it up.

Personality Overview: Melody has been physically mute since birth due to a defect in her vocal folds. Despite this, she is very extroverted and enjoys most company. Many people consider her mysterious, which she actually enjoys, so she often intentionally acts suspicious, sneaks around, or writes in a self-made language to that end. Melody forgives nearly any cruel or selfish act with due haste, as long as the recipient appears remorseful. On the other hand, nothing gets her more upset than having this trust taken advantage of. Melody generally refuses to kill other sentient beings and will heal almost anyone who is hurt to the best of her ability.

Short Bio: Melody comes from a lower-class family living on the outskirts of a big city. Entering her teenage years, an outbreak of disease swept through the ghetto they called home, with no proper sanitation to stop it. As a result, Melody's mother was struck ill and nearly died. Eventually, she managed to survive, mostly by luck, though her health is still frail. When Melody came of age, she left home to train as a healer, working part-time as a maid to cover the costs.

Other Stuff: I haven't been keeping up with the IC much yet, so I'm open to suggestions for whether or not she's been on the ship already.
Accepted! Sorry I was so late getting to this.

At the moment, it might be easiest to say she's been on the ship for a little bit. Perhaps lending her skills in the medical bay?

Accepted! Sorry I was so late getting to this.

At the moment, it might be easiest to say she's been on the ship for a little bit. Perhaps lending her skills in the medical bay?
No worries. Honestly, most of the RPs I've been in have taken several months just to start, so you're already ahead :P

And yes, that'd make sense for her. Guess we'll say she's been around a week or so. Enough to be on the ship, but not enough to be super familiar with everything/everyone. I'll go and catch up on the IC then.

• Love
Reactions: Kaide`
Just finished reading through the IC....you guys write pretty darn well. I'll write my post soon-ish, though I have to wonder, are Ben and Dalla still drowning? xD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kaide`
Just finished reading through the IC....you guys write pretty darn well. I'll write my post soon-ish, though I have to wonder, are Ben and Dalla still drowning? xD
They haven't posted yet, and as such they (probably) weren't in the water with everyone else.

As the player slots fill up and if they still haven't posted, I'll contact them both and ask if they're still interested in participating.

Ya posted that towel thing in the wrong thread, @Luma xP

Regardless! You're free to say she's one of the people helping bring towels over and such.

Ah whoops, so I did. Yeah I might do that.

Whelp, I just managed to delete my entire post. No backups.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Name: Sev Ornil

Appearance: Sev stands 6'3", weighs somewhere between 215-225lbs (naked, and depending on season), and has a sleek, long-torsoed dragonoid physique, trim yet athleticly muscular... normal for his species. He has three dark orange eyes (his third eye is a bit smaller, and has no visible pupil), while his mane is silverwhite, with sharp, steel colored spines poking out. His hide is a pale golden yellow, and his striped markings (down spine from shoulders to tail's tip, and across the lower portions of his limbs) are a dark, rusty copper, with thin black highlights... those up near the back of his neck and shoulders leaving darker marks through his thick manefur. Ears are large and expressive and battish, teeth are predatory-sharp, and though he doesn't have wings, battish or otherwise, he has a secondary set of arms under his primary forelimbs... they are shorter and smaller than his primary arms, with only three non-opposed, clawed digits. Normally, these limbs are folded against his chest and hidden under his clothing. He hasn't yet earned any distictive scars, mostly due to a lack of distictive injuries, and to his species' well endowed healing abilities. Sev's legs are digitigrade, four toes and a dewclaw on the inside of each foot. Hands have five digits, though his pinky fingers are rather small, though not quite vestigal. More useful for grooming than anything else, due to a longer, more curved claw than his other digits.

Closest image for reference:

Above image is for general reference... image also gave me inspiration for female Kah'Saun being furred and having a tail-tuft. Just remove those details (and a few other obvious ones), add the Third Eye and extra arms, recolor, add more muscle, and you have Sev.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Sev is skilled with both knives and pulseguns, and he knows how to "take care" of himself. Even with just tooth and claw. He's an opportunistic fighter, when necessary, able to rapidly adapt, and use things in his local environment to his advantage. And not above fighting dirty, in order to survive. Though he prefers to avoid conflict.

Though Sev's species are techno, not magic users, their third eye has the odd ability to see the supernatural... the normally hidden spiritual plane of existance. In other words, he can see dead people, amongst other things. Has the ability to see supernatural forces. Anyhow...

... that's pretty much it. Other than having the strength, agility, speed and endurance, hawkish eyesight, sensative ears and nose, unusually rugged bones and healing factors... all the physical characteristics normal to his kind... Sev is not all that remarkable or unusual.

Personality Overview: Sev has a weakness for beautiful things... female or otherwise. He can waste valuable time staring at a sunrise or sunset, be distracted by some shiny thing that catches his eye in a shop window or on the street, and he tends to pursue such things, even if it means certain other things get neglected. Even if the thing he pursues plays "hard to get". Conversely, once he has something, he can be obsessive, to a degree... intently focused, to the exclusion of other tasks, at least for a while. You see, being dragonoid in nature, he tends to be possessive... not to extremes, but still noticeably evident. Threats to his possessions by others can turn his naturally friendly nature hostile, his greatest possessions, of course, his own life and freedom.

Short Bio: Born in the droven of Rapse'tet, Sev grew up as most Kah'Saun grew up, though his father worked as one of the few Seers present in this small, rural community, known quite famously for the quality of its Highland nuts and foodgrass seed, not to mention the quality of their livestock. Yes, even though Kah'Saun possessed advanced tech, their Homeworld still retained much of its wilderness. Drovens by nature remained small and widely scattered communities, responsible for the care and protection of their local territories, at most no more than ten thousand strong, more often five thousand individuals or less... counting male, female and offspring. The small droven of Rapse'tet had a population around two thousand strong, focused on the growing of nut-trees, feedgrass and livestock, both for their own use and to sell or trade in surrounding drovens. A pastoral place, a way of life perhaps in contrast to their technical advancements and knowledge of the universe, and their dealings with other worlds beyond their own. Sev grew up in this place, but his eyes... his mind and his imagination... tended to wander. Many times, Evry found his son's mind wandering in his studies, never focused on any one thing. A concerned father, he tried to teach Sev... to instill in him a center, based on their people's beliefs and rituals, but his son seemed to have his eyes and his heart elsewhere, from the time he was very young till his maturation. Yes, Sev worked hard and learned well, but his heart never seemed to be in it. Even Rapse'tet, the droven of his birth, didn't have hold of his heart.

Yes, in many ways, this little family situation is what drove him to wander, though being young, pubescent and male helped. Really, though, Sev just enjoyed being out in nature, even to the point he'd just strip off his clothes and run around wild. Indeed, a wild child! Perhaps call him a typical teenager also, learning to quite rapidly deal with his hormones.

Other Stuff: Physically, his greatest weakness is the cold. Kah'Saun are a warm-blooded species, but they thrive in warmer climates, with lots of sunshine, moist or dry. Being of the Highland breed, Sav is a bit more tolerant of cooler weather, but tends to remain secure and warm at home when the weather turns bad... if he must go out in the cold, he bundles up, and tends to rush about, both to be warm and to finish his business as quick as possible. Rain isn't a real problem, but snow very much is! Let's just say, for Sev, cold is very uncomfortable and irritating. Pain, he can take... cold? Brrrrrr!

Free spirited, and an incurable romantic at heart, Sev is easygoing, friendly to a fault, but not foolish... not naive. In fact, very savy. Holds no grudges, but won't allow fools to mess with his life and freedom. No, not that he isn't a risk-taker himself, just that he's a calculated risk-taker, and if he feels a venture is a fool's errand, he won't hesitate to say so. He also won't hesitate to defend himself... or to defend a lady's honor, even while he's attempting to "charm her up". Remember, incurable romantic, and not too fussy about species, either, when it comes to his natural drives. Sev is also a voyeur, of sorts. A people watcher, ever curious, no respector of privacy. A collector of experiences, if you will, always up for something new and different.

Always the optimist on the outside, but ever aware of reality on the inside, Sev remains open to possibilities, ever guards his freedom, yet is loyal to his friends, to those he has learned to trust with his life. He exudes confidence, enjoys games, is willing to try any food or drink, loves company and music and dance and hot baths and fresh air and sunshine and warm weather, isn't too wild about clouds, rain or cold, and likes to be scratched behind his ears. Respects beautiful things, loves to tinker with machinery (and is very good at it, too), loves to ride and to fly and, really, loves to be in high places... no real phobias, and very few things make him feel uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.