• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kaide`

Original poster
x| THE SEABORNE CHRONICLES |x
"LET THE SEA SET YOU FREE"

Seaborne is currently not accepting open-signups!
Check out the interest check here, and keep an eye out for any chances for new players.
If you really, really want to join, shoot me a PM and we'll discuss.

The IC is up, and can be found here!

Nobody was ever quite sure how or why this came to be. For many, their journey starts out the same way: a bright, blinding light. A sense of weightlessness, the sound of water around their ears. It was all but serenity, until the need for many came to forefront: the need to breath.

Some panic, some simply accept the fate they've found themselves to. As consciousness begins to fade, many spot something odd above them. Large ripples in the water, humanoid figures diving down towards them. Arms wrapping around them, freeing them from their daze as they're brought to the surface to breath air once more.

You find yourself aboard a great naval craft aptly named the U.S.S Enterprise.
Still dazed and sopping wet, the people that rescued you tell you that the vessel is home to many, most of them finding their way onto the ship the same way you did. Just glancing around the deck you're on gives the impression of a busy ship. Makeshift greeneries are littered about in a sort of organized chaos, leaving just enough room for moving to and from, as well as some makeshift supply tents to hold containers of items.

oVv80yy.jpg

Amid it all, you're approached and greeted by a rather strange looking woman. She sticks out like a sore thumb to you, looking like she belonged at a circus rather than a ship. Still, her gaze is firm and serious, her striking lilac eyes peering straight at you.

"Greetings. My name is Alyssa Marigold, but you may call me Officer Alyssa. I am one of the people that helps keep this hunk of metal afloat." She pauses to look towards the nearest deck worker, shouting "We need some towels over here!" before looking back at you, continuing her little speech as if nothing happened. "I would like to formally welcome you aboard your new home, the U.S.S Enterprise."

You're quickly tended to following Officer Alyssa's orders, tentatively listening to what she has to say.

"I'd reckon you're confused, and I can assure you that many aboard this ship still are. From the looks of it, many here are not from this world. As crazy as that may seem…" She offhandedly gestures around, as if trying to emphasize a point. "It is the reality we find ourselves in."

She goes on to explain further, telling you more of the situation at hand. The vessel is not only home to hundreds, but also a beacon of hope in an otherwise bleak world. It's hard to blame them, given how Alyssa explains that most of this world is covered in water. The seas seem to shift on their own accord, constantly revealing and swallowing away new lands to explore. It's almost hard to believe, and apparently it showed in your expression. Officer Alyssa gives a stern look, continuing.

"I arrived in a similar way to you. Believe me when I say that the situation is as serious as it can be. This ship has been in active operation like this for a few years now, and many of us are damned determined to keep it this way. The little land we've come across haven't all harbored friendly life; as such, we take what we need and keep sailing."

Her expression softens for a moment and she clears her throat, shifting the dagger sheath on her belt idly. "Unfortunately, the U.S.S Enterprise is rife with infighting nowadays. That, coupled with food shortages and fuel concerns…" She cocks a brow at you, seeming to examine you up and down. "I and the other officers are unsure how many more… anomalies like you we can afford to take on."

Officer Alyssa sighs, shaking her head. "Regardless, welcome aboard. Make yourself useful, will ya? We can't afford much more dead weight." She deadpans, beginning to turn to leave. "Oh, and I do hope you like fish. You'll be having a lot of that here."

What Is Seaborne?

The Seaborne Chronicles is a roleplay that takes place in a dynamic, ever-changing setting. Characters find themselves aboard a re-purposed naval aircraft carrier named the U.S.S Enterprise. Forced to sail the seas as a nomadic community due to the rapidly changing seas, the cast will find themselves having to overcome trials of various sorts. From coming across mysterious islands harboring deadly secrets, to dealing with growing instability on the ship due to infighting and clashes of ideals, characters will have to work together to unravel the mystery of the world's mysterious seas.​

What Kind of Characters Are Allowed?

In line with the setting of "anything could happen", original characters (OCs) and characters from preexisting media (canons) are allowed. The only real requirement is that characters considered "overpowered" with their abilities (such as being able to level a building with ease, etc) will need to have their powers nerfed.

Players are also welcome to play more than one character, though the cap for characters per person is going to be three for now.​

Anything Else I Should Know?

The ship has been in active operation for roughly five or six years and has undergone many changes since it's conception as a mobile safe haven.

At the beginning, characters may be introduced one of two ways:
A) Freshly taken from their world and dumped into the sea, quickly rescued by the U.S.S Enterprise.
or
B) Having resided on the ship for no more than a year, probably finding themselves there through means of the first option.

Later on, new ways of character introduction might be brought in. This may include having characters willingly board the ship from newly discovered lands, though this is still up for debate.

Also, as a general word of warning: please be considerate to your fellow roleplayers! Give others a chance to post and make a difference. Try not to leave others out if you can!​

Character Sheet

Name:
What canon universe your character is from. If an OC, just put down Original Character.
Appearance: Written description is fine, but photo is preferred.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Self explanatory. List off any powers or abilities they may have, as well as any equipment such as weapons.
Personality Overview: Doesn't have to be much. How does your character act typically?
Short Bio: Again, doesn't have to be much. Just a brief glance into where they come from, etc. A wiki link is fine here.

Other Stuff: Anything you feel you should note for either other players or the GM!

The Cast / Accepted Characters
Player Slots: 11/12
Crow | Benjamin Tennyson
Wolgron | Dalla Al'Kai
Sumirenko | Satori Komeiji
Kaide` | Aleks Hyde
chaosheart13 | Allen Delacroix
kanoro | Flint Mathison
Traveller's Guide | Malakim Phoros
Navuso | Krimero Zaviar Tralomello the Third
Luma | Melody Kaiano
Roose Hurro | Sev Ornill
GrieveWriter | Sir Alonne

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Traveller's Guide
@Kaide` - Just to get this out of the way: How inclined would you be to accept a character outfitted with additional organs and futuristic wargear that would render him by all accounts 'overpowered' for any sort of mundane combat scenario?

Name: Flint Mathison
Origin: OC (Modern)
f72aa85d98b799acc46bcb637fb880bf.jpg

Note - Eye colour is actually meant to be dark green but y'know, we work with what we got.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Quite fit for his age, however he still can't exactly spend the entire day sprinting around like he used to. Punches about as hard as you expect a veteran to. The most unique thing about him would be his pride and joy, his Desert Eagle with several notches in it. He is extremely skilled in it's use, and has a fair understanding of military tactics however.

Personality Overview: Friendly enough, though he doesn't exactly trust when people claim they are skilled or impressive unless they can prove it. If you can't back up your words then what use are you?

Short Bio: Mathison joined the military the moment he finished school, considering he barely scrapped by and honestly was what he would now call a 'punk' it's amazing how quickly he adjusted his attitudes to fit the army. Before long he was one of the boots on the ground, eventually making his way to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. He chose to end his career and retire just a few years before Seaborne, where he had just barely started to enjoy the rather boring life.

Other Stuff: Anything that needs to be changed or edited can be, just speak to me about it.​

@Kaide` - Just to get this out of the way: How inclined would you be to accept a character outfitted with additional organs and futuristic wargear that would render him by all accounts 'overpowered' for any sort of mundane combat scenario?
I'm gonna need more info on what these additional things allow him to do, tbh. A lot of characters here have advantages in mundane combat scenarios, but they aren't so powerful that they could insta-win anything per se.
Name: Flint Mathison
Origin: OC (Modern)
f72aa85d98b799acc46bcb637fb880bf.jpg

Note - Eye colour is actually meant to be dark green but y'know, we work with what we got.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Quite fit for his age, however he still can't exactly spend the entire day sprinting around like he used to. Punches about as hard as you expect a veteran to. The most unique thing about him would be his pride and joy, his Desert Eagle with several notches in it. He is extremely skilled in it's use, and has a fair understanding of military tactics however.

Personality Overview: Friendly enough, though he doesn't exactly trust when people claim they are skilled or impressive unless they can prove it. If you can't back up your words then what use are you?

Short Bio: Mathison joined the military the moment he finished school, considering he barely scrapped by and honestly was what he would now call a 'punk' it's amazing how quickly he adjusted his attitudes to fit the army. Before long he was one of the boots on the ground, eventually making his way to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. He chose to end his career and retire just a few years before Seaborne, where he had just barely started to enjoy the rather boring life.

Other Stuff: Anything that needs to be changed or edited can be, just speak to me about it.​
Looks fine. Accepted!

I'm gonna need more info on what these additional things allow him to do, tbh. A lot of characters here have advantages in mundane combat scenarios, but they aren't so powerful that they could insta-win anything per se.

Looks fine. Accepted!
@Kaide` - the character in question would hail from a futuristic setting in which a lot of stuff is quite over the top. With full wargear, the character would be able to weather through artillery and anti-tank weaponry while being able to rip all but the heaviest of materiel apart.

Without wargear (read: devoid of any technology of his home-setting beyond a mundane combat-knife) the character would still be a super-soldier with virtual immunity to modern small-arms as well as various physical enhancements such as superhuman speed and strength.

I personally find the 'With Wargear' option unviable. I ask, would the 'Without Wargear' option be acceptable? If you don't think so, I will abandon the character-idea and think of something else.

@Kaide` - the character in question would hail from a futuristic setting in which a lot of stuff is quite over the top. With full wargear, the character would be able to weather through artillery and anti-tank weaponry while being able to rip all but the heaviest of materiel apart.

Without wargear (read: devoid of any technology of his home-setting beyond a mundane combat-knife) the character would still be a super-soldier with virtual immunity to modern small-arms as well as various physical enhancements such as superhuman speed and strength.

I personally find the 'With Wargear' option unviable. I ask, would the 'Without Wargear' option be acceptable? If you don't think so, I will abandon the character-idea and think of something else.
The without wargear would be more acceptable, but would still require nerfing down. If you really wanted to play that character, you could say he gets brought to the Seaborne world without his gear, and finds that whatever made him immune to firearms and such was meddled with.

The without wargear would be more acceptable, but would still require nerfing down. If you really wanted to play that character, you could say he gets brought to the Seaborne world without his gear, and finds that whatever made him immune to firearms and such was meddled with.
The 'virtual immunity to firearms' would have been conferred by his bones, which had been enriched and grown into interlocking plates as a secondary set of armor directly beneath his skin. I can just fluff it as his Ossmodula organ having mutated early in his growth-stage and was prevented from absorbing the various metallic supplements of his diet, resulting in proper growth of the bones without the bullet-proof capacities (though still increased resilience in comparison to standard human bones simply due to sheer volume of ossein present).

Would that be acceptable?

The 'virtual immunity to firearms' would have been conferred by his bones, which had been enriched and grown into interlocking plates as a secondary set of armor directly beneath his skin. I can just fluff it as his Ossmodula organ having mutated early in his growth-stage and was prevented from absorbing the various metallic supplements of his diet, resulting in proper growth of the bones without the bullet-proof capacities (though still increased resilience in comparison to standard human bones simply due to sheer volume of ossein present).

Would that be acceptable?
Yup! That'd be fine in my book. Go ahead.

I'm currently finishing up the last bits of the IC after my bouts of procrastination. It should be up shortly-ish.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Sumirenko
I still need to post my character. >.<

I think I have an FC for her, even if the Fc isn't particularly busty (can always say she has bigger boobs in the Other section.
b77d0b2415a10889e8edcefa6d1ed57b.jpg

Name: Malakim Phoros

Origin:
Warhammer 40k

Appearance:
6d19079c656876a6d64cfa2f928fa058_zpsuumgbyru.jpg

Reaching an imposing height of eight feet and featuring nigh-grotesque amounts of muscle, Malakim is a statuesque representation of the genestock of his chapter's Primarch, the golden angel Sanguinius. While he wears a fair face with dignity, his body being littered with countless scars and interface-cuts earned from over two centuries of service speaks of his resilience.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: The physiology of a member of the Adeptus Astartes confers many advantages in combat. Superhuman strength, reflexes, endurance and speed, along with back-up organs and interlocking internal bone-plates being the chief traits common amongst all Astartes. There are also a variety of supportive abilities, such as the ability to learn of the prey by imbibing its flesh or body-fluids, to accurately hunt by scent, to sequentially turn off parts of the brain for controlled rest, to set oneself into a healing-coma and to detoxify one's circulatory system if need be.

He can also darken his skin at will in order to absorb radiation and produce acidic saliva that can eat through industrial steel, has superior vision within light and dark and has immunity to motion-sickness.

Unfortunately, with millennia passed since the God-Emperor's first designs of Astartes, various gene-seeds have suffered corruption. Malakim's Ossmodula organ in particular mutated just shortly after its implantation, disallowing his bones the absorption of ceramic additives inherent in a growing Astartes' diet, resulting in a noticeably more brittle bone-structure than those of other Astartes.

Adding to that, the passing-through to this world has bereft him of almost all his blessed armaments, leaving him with little more than a combat-knife.

Personality Overview: His usual mannerisms are reminiscent of medieval knights, courteous and dignified, though many have noted an increasingly palpable aura of grief surrounding the man.

A religious zealot, xenophobic crusader and self-proclaimed protector of the innocent, to many of his chapter Malakim represents the Lamenter's resilience and tenacity, though the high turnover rate in his chapter's idealistic pursuits has left him struggling with grief, cynicism and evermounting despair as friends and pupils die around him - by his orders, no less - only to be rewarded with increasing distrust by the Imperium they serve.

Nonetheless, he, like all of his chapter (now only with less than 300 Astartes remaining) holds fast to his quixoticism, even when continually forced to face the sheer despair surrounding them, though the effects of the Red Thirst and Black Rage continually sap his sanity and slowly edge him ever closer to the abyss.

Having spent almost his entire life doing nothing but waging war, he has little experience in any other matter and has major trouble connecting to the average civilian (having been brought up as being biologically unlike actual humans). He also views any and all technology as downright magical, as do most in the Imperium, and will readily call upon the 'machine spirits' for aid, with varying degrees of success.

Short Bio: Born as simple tribesman on an unnamed deathworld (so designated due to the hellish odds posed by environment and hostile wildlife making a steady colonisation irrational), Malakim was pressed into service of the chapter like most Astartes at the age of 10 and from there slowly indoctrinated, implanted and trained to be a son of Sanguinius, a weapon of the Imperium of Man, an Angel of Death.

Centuries spent in service of the Imperium while receiving little more than suspicion from the higher echelons and fellow chapters did little to endear Malakim to the rulership of Terra, which came to a head when his own hubris caused him to command his chapter to fight alongside Lufgt Huron and the Astral Claws chapter in the ill-fated Badab War. It ended with the Lamenters losing more than half their manpower as well as most of their remaining relics and wargear, before being sent on a century-long penance crusade during which the Lamenters were not allowed to replenish their casualties.

Just thirteen years before the end of their crusade, the Lamenters found the planet Malvolion under full-attack from the tyrannic hive-fleet Kraken and rapidly being consumed. Unwilling to let loyal imperial citizens be hounded by the xenos, the Lamenter's remaining companies landed on the planet to cover the evacuation-process, resolved to die in order to let as many civilians escape as possible.

And just as they were about to make their last stand, Malakim was dragged from his brother-soldiers to this strange new world...

Other Stuff: "For those we cherish, we die in glory."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha! First reply! Chew on that, everyone-

I call first! *shot*
...NOOOOO

Anyways, I'm sorry about the post length, everyone. I got sort of carried away with the intro. Uh... have an essay, I guess? 0-0

...NOOOOO

Anyways, I'm sorry about the post length, everyone. I got sort of carried away with the intro. Uh... have an essay, I guess? 0-0
Mwahahaha >:3c

As for your post length, it's honestly fine. I don't so much of a problem with it.

Mwahahaha >:3c

As for your post length, it's honestly fine. I don't so much of a problem with it.
I will beat you next time D:<

Also that's good. As long as it isn't too hard to swallow, lol. :P

Name: Malakim Phoros

Origin:
Warhammer 40k

Appearance:
6d19079c656876a6d64cfa2f928fa058_zpsuumgbyru.jpg

Reaching an imposing height of eight feet and featuring nigh-grotesque amounts of muscle, Malakim is a statuesque representation of the genestock of his chapter's Primarch, the golden angel Sanguinius. While he wears a fair face with dignity, his body being littered with countless scars and interface-cuts earned from over two centuries of service speaks of his resilience.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: The physiology of a member of the Adeptus Astartes confers many advantages in combat. Superhuman strength, reflexes, endurance and speed, along with back-up organs and interlocking internal bone-plates being the chief traits common amongst all Astartes. There are also a variety of supportive abilities, such as the ability to learn of the prey by imbibing its flesh or body-fluids, to accurately hunt by scent, to sequentially turn off parts of the brain for controlled rest, to set oneself into a healing-coma and to detoxify one's circulatory system if need be.

He can also darken his skin at will in order to absorb radiation and produce acidic saliva that can eat through industrial steel, has superior vision within light and dark and has immunity to motion-sickness.

Unfortunately, with millennia passed since the God-Emperor's first designs of Astartes, various gene-seeds have suffered corruption. Malakim's Ossmodula organ in particular mutated just shortly after its implantation, disallowing his bones the absorption of ceramic additives inherent in a growing Astartes' diet, resulting in a noticeably more brittle bone-structure than those of other Astartes.

Adding to that, the passing-through to this world has bereft him of almost all his blessed armaments, leaving him with little more than a combat-knife.

Personality Overview: His usual mannerisms are reminiscent of medieval knights, courteous and dignified, though many have noted an increasingly palpable aura of grief surrounding the man.

A religious zealot, xenophobic crusader and self-proclaimed protector of the innocent, to many of his chapter Malakim represents the Lamenter's resilience and tenacity, though the high turnover rate in his chapter's idealistic pursuits has left him struggling with grief, cynicism and evermounting despair as friends and pupils die around him - by his orders, no less - only to be rewarded with increasing distrust by the Imperium they serve.

Nonetheless, he, like all of his chapter (now only with less than 300 Astartes remaining) holds fast to his quixoticism, even when continually forced to face the sheer despair surrounding them, though the effects of the Red Thirst and Black Rage continually sap his sanity and slowly edge him ever closer to the abyss.

Having spent almost his entire life doing nothing but waging war, he has little experience in any other matter and has major trouble connecting to the average civilian (having been brought up as being biologically unlike actual humans). He also views any and all technology as downright magical, as do most in the Imperium, and will readily call upon the 'machine spirits' for aid, with varying degrees of success.

Short Bio: Born as simple tribesman on an unnamed deathworld (so designated due to the hellish odds posed by environment and hostile wildlife making a steady colonisation irrational), Malakim was pressed into service of the chapter like most Astartes at the age of 10 and from there slowly indoctrinated, implanted and trained to be a son of Sanguinius, a weapon of the Imperium of Man, an Angel of Death.

Centuries spent in service of the Imperium while receiving little more than suspicion from the higher echelons and fellow chapters did little to endear Malakim to the rulership of Terra, which came to a head when his own hubris caused him to command his chapter to fight alongside Lufgt Huron and the Astral Claws chapter in the ill-fated Badab War. It ended with the Lamenters losing more than half their manpower as well as most of their remaining relics and wargear, before being sent on a century-long penance crusade during which the Lamenters were not allowed to replenish their casualties.

Just thirteen years before the end of their crusade, the Lamenters found the planet Malvolion under full-attack from the tyrannic hive-fleet Kraken and rapidly being consumed. Unwilling to let loyal imperial citizens be hounded by the xenos, the Lamenter's remaining companies landed on the planet to cover the evacuation-process, resolved to die in order to let as many civilians escape as possible.

And just as they were about to make their last stand, Malakim was dragged from his brother-soldiers to this strange new world...

Other Stuff: "For those we cherish, we die in glory."
Abilities are still a bit on the iffy side, but I'll accept it for now. I trust you won't abuse it!

'tis fine xD Any post length works, as long as ya aren't expecting folks to always match it in return.

Abilities are still a bit on the iffy side, but I'll accept it for now. I trust you won't abuse it!

'tis fine xD Any post length works, as long as ya aren't expecting folks to always match it in return.
No worries, I have no intention to cause instability to the RP. If you find an ability particularly grating, I can just quietly remove it from the list while citing 'mutation of the responsible organ' as reason.

Currently a work in progress, at the moment.

Name: Clara Verdana
Origin:
Original Character.
Appearance:
b77d0b2415a10889e8edcefa6d1ed57b.jpg

Clara stands at a very tall 6'2", weighing in at 150 lbs, with a very toned and slightly muscular body, with an hourglass figure, and quite a bountiful chest (much bigger than what the picture shows). For her outfit, it can best be described as a combination of a version of the clothing in the picture, plus the parts of this car, in the style of this. Her hair is orange, and her eyes are a yellow-ish white colour. Her shoes are thigh-high boots with the car's front wheels as the heels, her skirt is black, the collar of her shirt being black, the tie coloured turquoise, and the rest of her clothing also being black. The front of the car covers her chest (along with part of the wide-arches), while the front doors attach to the sides of her arms, her gloves extending down her arm to allow this to happen, while the rear of the car from the rear doors and back (including the wide-arches and the GT-style wing and rear wheels) wrap wround her hips, waist and butt. The roof box also becomes a grey backpack with black straps.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Self explanatory. List off any powers or abilities they may have, as well as any equipment such as weapons.
Personality Overview: Doesn't have to be much. How does your character act typically?
Short Bio: Again, doesn't have to be much. Just a brief glance into where they come from, etc. A wiki link is fine here.

Other Stuff: Using the picture as a reference point for hairstyle and type of clothes. Colours and all that are different and a description has been added to account for this.

No worries, I have no intention to cause instability to the RP. If you find an ability particularly grating, I can just quietly remove it from the list while citing 'mutation of the responsible organ' as reason.
Honestly, as long as it's kept to a non-disrupting level, I think it's fine for now. I trust ya. ^^

• Thank You
Reactions: Traveller's Guide
@Kaide` I posted a WIP app for my character. So far, all I have is her appearance, but I'd like to know if you like the look of her so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.