• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kaide`

Original poster
x| THE SEABORNE CHRONICLES |x
"LET THE SEA SET YOU FREE"

Seaborne is currently not accepting open-signups!
Check out the interest check here, and keep an eye out for any chances for new players.
If you really, really want to join, shoot me a PM and we'll discuss.

The IC is up, and can be found here!

Nobody was ever quite sure how or why this came to be. For many, their journey starts out the same way: a bright, blinding light. A sense of weightlessness, the sound of water around their ears. It was all but serenity, until the need for many came to forefront: the need to breath.

Some panic, some simply accept the fate they've found themselves to. As consciousness begins to fade, many spot something odd above them. Large ripples in the water, humanoid figures diving down towards them. Arms wrapping around them, freeing them from their daze as they're brought to the surface to breath air once more.

You find yourself aboard a great naval craft aptly named the U.S.S Enterprise.
Still dazed and sopping wet, the people that rescued you tell you that the vessel is home to many, most of them finding their way onto the ship the same way you did. Just glancing around the deck you're on gives the impression of a busy ship. Makeshift greeneries are littered about in a sort of organized chaos, leaving just enough room for moving to and from, as well as some makeshift supply tents to hold containers of items.

oVv80yy.jpg

Amid it all, you're approached and greeted by a rather strange looking woman. She sticks out like a sore thumb to you, looking like she belonged at a circus rather than a ship. Still, her gaze is firm and serious, her striking lilac eyes peering straight at you.

"Greetings. My name is Alyssa Marigold, but you may call me Officer Alyssa. I am one of the people that helps keep this hunk of metal afloat." She pauses to look towards the nearest deck worker, shouting "We need some towels over here!" before looking back at you, continuing her little speech as if nothing happened. "I would like to formally welcome you aboard your new home, the U.S.S Enterprise."

You're quickly tended to following Officer Alyssa's orders, tentatively listening to what she has to say.

"I'd reckon you're confused, and I can assure you that many aboard this ship still are. From the looks of it, many here are not from this world. As crazy as that may seem…" She offhandedly gestures around, as if trying to emphasize a point. "It is the reality we find ourselves in."

She goes on to explain further, telling you more of the situation at hand. The vessel is not only home to hundreds, but also a beacon of hope in an otherwise bleak world. It's hard to blame them, given how Alyssa explains that most of this world is covered in water. The seas seem to shift on their own accord, constantly revealing and swallowing away new lands to explore. It's almost hard to believe, and apparently it showed in your expression. Officer Alyssa gives a stern look, continuing.

"I arrived in a similar way to you. Believe me when I say that the situation is as serious as it can be. This ship has been in active operation like this for a few years now, and many of us are damned determined to keep it this way. The little land we've come across haven't all harbored friendly life; as such, we take what we need and keep sailing."

Her expression softens for a moment and she clears her throat, shifting the dagger sheath on her belt idly. "Unfortunately, the U.S.S Enterprise is rife with infighting nowadays. That, coupled with food shortages and fuel concerns…" She cocks a brow at you, seeming to examine you up and down. "I and the other officers are unsure how many more… anomalies like you we can afford to take on."

Officer Alyssa sighs, shaking her head. "Regardless, welcome aboard. Make yourself useful, will ya? We can't afford much more dead weight." She deadpans, beginning to turn to leave. "Oh, and I do hope you like fish. You'll be having a lot of that here."

What Is Seaborne?

The Seaborne Chronicles is a roleplay that takes place in a dynamic, ever-changing setting. Characters find themselves aboard a re-purposed naval aircraft carrier named the U.S.S Enterprise. Forced to sail the seas as a nomadic community due to the rapidly changing seas, the cast will find themselves having to overcome trials of various sorts. From coming across mysterious islands harboring deadly secrets, to dealing with growing instability on the ship due to infighting and clashes of ideals, characters will have to work together to unravel the mystery of the world's mysterious seas.​

What Kind of Characters Are Allowed?

In line with the setting of "anything could happen", original characters (OCs) and characters from preexisting media (canons) are allowed. The only real requirement is that characters considered "overpowered" with their abilities (such as being able to level a building with ease, etc) will need to have their powers nerfed.

Players are also welcome to play more than one character, though the cap for characters per person is going to be three for now.​

Anything Else I Should Know?

The ship has been in active operation for roughly five or six years and has undergone many changes since it's conception as a mobile safe haven.

At the beginning, characters may be introduced one of two ways:
A) Freshly taken from their world and dumped into the sea, quickly rescued by the U.S.S Enterprise.
or
B) Having resided on the ship for no more than a year, probably finding themselves there through means of the first option.

Later on, new ways of character introduction might be brought in. This may include having characters willingly board the ship from newly discovered lands, though this is still up for debate.

Also, as a general word of warning: please be considerate to your fellow roleplayers! Give others a chance to post and make a difference. Try not to leave others out if you can!​

Character Sheet

Name:
What canon universe your character is from. If an OC, just put down Original Character.
Appearance: Written description is fine, but photo is preferred.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Self explanatory. List off any powers or abilities they may have, as well as any equipment such as weapons.
Personality Overview: Doesn't have to be much. How does your character act typically?
Short Bio: Again, doesn't have to be much. Just a brief glance into where they come from, etc. A wiki link is fine here.

Other Stuff: Anything you feel you should note for either other players or the GM!

The Cast / Accepted Characters
Player Slots: 11/12
Crow | Benjamin Tennyson
Wolgron | Dalla Al'Kai
Sumirenko | Satori Komeiji
Kaide` | Aleks Hyde
chaosheart13 | Allen Delacroix
kanoro | Flint Mathison
Traveller's Guide | Malakim Phoros
Navuso | Krimero Zaviar Tralomello the Third
Luma | Melody Kaiano
Roose Hurro | Sev Ornill
GrieveWriter | Sir Alonne

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Traveller's Guide
Sorry it took me a little longer to reply than usual, everyone. I recently flew back to my mother's house and a lot of things have been going on since then. Additionally, my new location doesn't have unlimited internet, so my responses have to be done by mobile... which also takes more time.

Just making sure everyone knows what's up. <3

Sorry it took me a little longer to reply than usual, everyone. I recently flew back to my mother's house and a lot of things have been going on since then. Additionally, my new location doesn't have unlimited internet, so my responses have to be done by mobile... which also takes more time.

Just making sure everyone knows what's up. <3
It's fine! Hope everything's alright for you and your mother!

• Love
Reactions: Sumirenko
@chaosheart13

So I just re-read Allen's character sheet and reminded myself he's a doctor. Sorry about Melody, I generally try to avoid multiple characters having a common trait like that, but I guess I forgot when I was designing her. Either way, I guess it could be interesting. Maybe he could teach her stuff about modern medical practices.

I was hoping to get a post out today but my muse just pooped out on me. RIP.

Hopefully one will come tomorrow! <3

I was hoping to get a post out today but my muse just pooped out on me. RIP.

Hopefully one will come tomorrow! <3

Indeed. Still waiting for my character approval, so I can see about joining in. Since everyone else (I think) is already aboard. Heh... a late-comer could help add to the goings on.

Indeed. Still waiting for my character approval, so I can see about joining in. Since everyone else (I think) is already aboard. Heh... a late-comer could help add to the goings on.
Oh dear. So sorry I missed that! Thank you for reminding me. Sev's been accepted! You're free to make his entrance however you'd like.

Name: Sir Alonne
Origin: Dark Souls
Appearance:
37B9DEC99B4281FCBA798438F109E3468A1280CB.jpg
Sir Alonne was a massive individual, but after his arrival to this new world he seemed to shrink to nine and a half feet in comparison to his already overwhelming height. His armor is very distinct, especially the iconic helmet he wears. He hardly if ever removes that helmet, often having his meals in private along with showers.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment:
Bewitched Nagamaki - A massive blade even taller than the giant himself, Sir Alonne's sword is highly damaging to light armor and cuts through flesh rather simply. Though less effective against thicker armors, the sheer force with which the swordsman can swing it still makes it formidable. As the title implies, the blade is bewitched. It can send magical ranged slashes which travels around ten yards before dissipating and if the swordsman punctures someone with this weapon, the blade drains blood from them to charge itself. It will produce a dark glowing aura, deal nearly twice as much as its regular damage, and its ranged slashes will travel faster and farther. This buff is momentary, lasting anywhere from five to twenty-five seconds depending on how much blood was drawn.

Physical Prowess - Despite how inconceivably tall Sir Alonne is, he's extremely light on his feet. He can lunge great distances towards his target, dodge with the nimbleness of those smaller than him, and swing his lengthy blade with considerable speed. Even without his signature weapon, Sir Alonne is still a warrior and boasts a physique matching his size and skill. The Swordsman is trained able to hold his own in hand-to-hand easy enough, but will often seek makeshift weapons if available.

Sir Alonne's Armor- The wanderer's armor has practical defense against blades, but doesn't do much against regular blunt force and ballistics. Its surprisingly light, allowing Sir Alonne to more easily dodge and outmaneuver his opponent. The materials and styles included in the armor set seem varied greatly, indicative of the various places and cultures the Swordsman has explored.

Personality Overview:
Sir Alonne's a generally neutral individual who seeks notoriety. He meditates frequently, often pondering tough decisions or recent events when given time to himself. He's polite enough, often maintaining a calm demeanor in most non-combative situations. He's not above small jokes and comments in relaxed scenarios, and will often not hesitate to offer his assistance if its requested. Sir Alonne seems extremely dedicated to being an honorable duelist, if challenged to a one-on-one duel he will accept if the situation allows it.
enrique-bolatre-sir-alonne.jpg

Short Bio:
A travelling swordsman who left his home country to travel the lands and make a name for himself. He eventually chose to serve a little-known noble and aided in helping him become a powerful ruler. With his extensive prowess and physical ability, Sir Alonne helped the noble obtain a mystical scepter which produced a near-limitless supply of Iron. The Noble would go on to use the power of the scepter to build himself a vast kingdom of Iron, and because of this would go on to be known as the Iron King. As the Iron King grew to become obsessed with his newfound power and started letting his pride grow unmatched, Sir Alonne found himself disillusioned with his master and planned to leave to continue his wandering of the world. He was never heard from again.

Other Stuff: The Bewitched Nagamaki is cursed to desire blood, and is said to influence any who wields it to feed it continuously. Sir Alonne is simply able to resist this influence through sheer will, and has only gotten better at resisting the more time he's spent using said blade.

tumblr_nx88rkr1K51rn9ge0o1_r1_1280.png

Oh dear. So sorry I missed that! Thank you for reminding me. Sev's been accepted! You're free to make his entrance however you'd like.

Thank you... will have to see what I can do tomorrow. Owe a post on another thread, and my next days off from work are Thursday/Friday, so time is tight. Will post something soon as I can.

• Useful
Reactions: Kaide`
Name: Sir Alonne
Origin: Dark Souls
Appearance:
View attachment 129329
Sir Alonne was a massive individual, but after his arrival to this new world he seemed to shrink to nine and a half feet in comparison to his already overwhelming height. His armor is very distinct, especially the iconic helmet he wears. He hardly if ever removes that helmet, often having his meals in private along with showers.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment:
Bewitched Nagamaki - A massive blade even taller than the giant himself, Sir Alonne's sword is highly damaging to light armor and cuts through flesh rather simply. Though less effective against thicker armors, the sheer force with which the swordsman can swing it still makes it formidable. As the title implies, the blade is bewitched. It can send magical ranged slashes which travels around ten yards before dissipating and if the swordsman punctures someone with this weapon, the blade drains blood from them to charge itself. It will produce a dark glowing aura, deal nearly twice as much as its regular damage, and its ranged slashes will travel faster and farther. This buff is momentary, lasting anywhere from five to twenty-five seconds depending on how much blood was drawn.

Physical Prowess - Despite how inconceivably tall Sir Alonne is, he's extremely light on his feet. He can lunge great distances towards his target, dodge with the nimbleness of those smaller than him, and swing his lengthy blade with considerable speed. Even without his signature weapon, Sir Alonne is still a warrior and boasts a physique matching his size and skill. The Swordsman is trained able to hold his own in hand-to-hand easy enough, but will often seek makeshift weapons if available.

Sir Alonne's Armor- The wanderer's armor has practical defense against blades, but doesn't do much against regular blunt force and ballistics. Its surprisingly light, allowing Sir Alonne to more easily dodge and outmaneuver his opponent. The materials and styles included in the armor set seem varied greatly, indicative of the various places and cultures the Swordsman has explored.

Personality Overview:
Sir Alonne's a generally neutral individual who seeks notoriety. He meditates frequently, often pondering tough decisions or recent events when given time to himself. He's polite enough, often maintaining a calm demeanor in most non-combative situations. He's not above small jokes and comments in relaxed scenarios, and will often not hesitate to offer his assistance if its requested. Sir Alonne seems extremely dedicated to being an honorable duelist, if challenged to a one-on-one duel he will accept if the situation allows it.
View attachment 129341

Short Bio:
A travelling swordsman who left his home country to travel the lands and make a name for himself. He eventually chose to serve a little-known noble and aided in helping him become a powerful ruler. With his extensive prowess and physical ability, Sir Alonne helped the noble obtain a mystical scepter which produced a near-limitless supply of Iron. The Noble would go on to use the power of the scepter to build himself a vast kingdom of Iron, and because of this would go on to be known as the Iron King. As the Iron King grew to become obsessed with his newfound power and started letting his pride grow unmatched, Sir Alonne found himself disillusioned with his master and planned to leave to continue his wandering of the world. He was never heard from again.

Other Stuff: The Bewitched Nagamaki is cursed to desire blood, and is said to influence any who wields it to feed it continuously. Sir Alonne is simply able to resist this influence through sheer will, and has only gotten better at resisting the more time he's spent using said blade.

View attachment 129330
Accepted! He's pretty powerful ability wise, but I trust you won't go overboard with that. ^^
Thank you... will have to see what I can do tomorrow. Owe a post on another thread, and my next days off from work are Thursday/Friday, so time is tight. Will post something soon as I can.
I understand. Good luck!

Suffering from sleep-deprivation, gonna need a bit before I can get my next post in. Will get writing done tomorrow at the latest.

Sorry, I was a little caught up. Any good position in the RP I can enter?
Everyone's currently getting their bearings on the deck of the ship, since they were just saved from drowning in the depths below. You're free to say Ben's an outlier that's just now being teleported up (via the help of a handy mage that does that sorta thing). Or you can also say he's been on board the ship for awhile now, and is stumbling upon the commotion.

Also-- I suddenly got a spurt of motivation and posted. Go me~

Accepted! He's pretty powerful ability wise, but I trust you won't go overboard with that. ^^

I understand. Good luck!
You have my thanks, I shan't squander that faith. I may try and make another character later on depending on how this goes seeing as multiple character interactions seem to be my strong point, but I'll save that for later and stick with him for now.

Oh I've been meaning to ask, is this a sandbox-style RP where we make our own plot, or is it going to be GM-provided?

Oh I've been meaning to ask, is this a sandbox-style RP where we make our own plot, or is it going to be GM-provided?
A mix of both, I'd say. Once things disperse a bit and the current cast get their bearings, people are free to start creating their own little subplots and get to know other characters.

Eventually here I'll start having us head towards our first "story arc".

• Useful
Reactions: Luma
@Sumirenko - what I am currently writing is basically a flood of short, not-all-to-cohesive memories from Malakim that flood Satori's mind. Would you like her to deal with that, or would you prefer I make their interaction short and just have him go on his merry way away from her?

In case of the latter, I would simply save what I wrote now and turn Malakim's attention towards the Robot - which, being an abominable intelligence that is certain to go crazy and try to kill anyone in a matter of minutes, would be certain to draw his ire.

(W40k humanity suffered a massive artificial intelligence uprising - then known as the Iron Men and rather similar to Terminator's Skynet, that basically exterminated trillions. As such, they aren't all too delighted about them.)

In case of the latter, I would simply save what I wrote now and turn Malakim's attention towards the Robot - which, being an abominable intelligence that is certain to go crazy and try to kill anyone in a matter of minutes, would be certain to draw his ire.

(W40k humanity suffered a massive artificial intelligence uprising - then known as the Iron Men and rather similar to Terminator's Skynet, that basically exterminated trillions. As such, they aren't all too delighted about them.)

Sounds like we have the makings of a great, big, "happy" family.......

@Sumirenko - what I am currently writing is basically a flood of short, not-all-to-cohesive memories from Malakim that flood Satori's mind. Would you like her to deal with that, or would you prefer I make their interaction short and just have him go on his merry way away from her?

I can honestly work off of either/or. Whatever you're most comfortable with writing! Needless to say, Satori is going to have a lot to swallow no matter what happens, so another dose of mayhem is not amiss. :')

@Kaide` , @GrieveWriter ...

Sorry... posted again in the IC, forgot to tag both of you! Thought we could help Sev and Sir Alonne get on the boat quick, despite no one else posting, yet. Heh... not that they can't post while we're doing so. :bsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.