Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kaide`

Original poster
x| THE SEABORNE CHRONICLES |x
"LET THE SEA SET YOU FREE"

Seaborne is currently not accepting open-signups!
Check out the interest check here, and keep an eye out for any chances for new players.
If you really, really want to join, shoot me a PM and we'll discuss.

The IC is up, and can be found here!

Nobody was ever quite sure how or why this came to be. For many, their journey starts out the same way: a bright, blinding light. A sense of weightlessness, the sound of water around their ears. It was all but serenity, until the need for many came to forefront: the need to breath.

Some panic, some simply accept the fate they've found themselves to. As consciousness begins to fade, many spot something odd above them. Large ripples in the water, humanoid figures diving down towards them. Arms wrapping around them, freeing them from their daze as they're brought to the surface to breath air once more.

You find yourself aboard a great naval craft aptly named the U.S.S Enterprise.
Still dazed and sopping wet, the people that rescued you tell you that the vessel is home to many, most of them finding their way onto the ship the same way you did. Just glancing around the deck you're on gives the impression of a busy ship. Makeshift greeneries are littered about in a sort of organized chaos, leaving just enough room for moving to and from, as well as some makeshift supply tents to hold containers of items.

oVv80yy.jpg

Amid it all, you're approached and greeted by a rather strange looking woman. She sticks out like a sore thumb to you, looking like she belonged at a circus rather than a ship. Still, her gaze is firm and serious, her striking lilac eyes peering straight at you.

"Greetings. My name is Alyssa Marigold, but you may call me Officer Alyssa. I am one of the people that helps keep this hunk of metal afloat." She pauses to look towards the nearest deck worker, shouting "We need some towels over here!" before looking back at you, continuing her little speech as if nothing happened. "I would like to formally welcome you aboard your new home, the U.S.S Enterprise."

You're quickly tended to following Officer Alyssa's orders, tentatively listening to what she has to say.

"I'd reckon you're confused, and I can assure you that many aboard this ship still are. From the looks of it, many here are not from this world. As crazy as that may seem…" She offhandedly gestures around, as if trying to emphasize a point. "It is the reality we find ourselves in."

She goes on to explain further, telling you more of the situation at hand. The vessel is not only home to hundreds, but also a beacon of hope in an otherwise bleak world. It's hard to blame them, given how Alyssa explains that most of this world is covered in water. The seas seem to shift on their own accord, constantly revealing and swallowing away new lands to explore. It's almost hard to believe, and apparently it showed in your expression. Officer Alyssa gives a stern look, continuing.

"I arrived in a similar way to you. Believe me when I say that the situation is as serious as it can be. This ship has been in active operation like this for a few years now, and many of us are damned determined to keep it this way. The little land we've come across haven't all harbored friendly life; as such, we take what we need and keep sailing."

Her expression softens for a moment and she clears her throat, shifting the dagger sheath on her belt idly. "Unfortunately, the U.S.S Enterprise is rife with infighting nowadays. That, coupled with food shortages and fuel concerns…" She cocks a brow at you, seeming to examine you up and down. "I and the other officers are unsure how many more… anomalies like you we can afford to take on."

Officer Alyssa sighs, shaking her head. "Regardless, welcome aboard. Make yourself useful, will ya? We can't afford much more dead weight." She deadpans, beginning to turn to leave. "Oh, and I do hope you like fish. You'll be having a lot of that here."

What Is Seaborne?

The Seaborne Chronicles is a roleplay that takes place in a dynamic, ever-changing setting. Characters find themselves aboard a re-purposed naval aircraft carrier named the U.S.S Enterprise. Forced to sail the seas as a nomadic community due to the rapidly changing seas, the cast will find themselves having to overcome trials of various sorts. From coming across mysterious islands harboring deadly secrets, to dealing with growing instability on the ship due to infighting and clashes of ideals, characters will have to work together to unravel the mystery of the world's mysterious seas.​

What Kind of Characters Are Allowed?

In line with the setting of "anything could happen", original characters (OCs) and characters from preexisting media (canons) are allowed. The only real requirement is that characters considered "overpowered" with their abilities (such as being able to level a building with ease, etc) will need to have their powers nerfed.

Players are also welcome to play more than one character, though the cap for characters per person is going to be three for now.​

Anything Else I Should Know?

The ship has been in active operation for roughly five or six years and has undergone many changes since it's conception as a mobile safe haven.

At the beginning, characters may be introduced one of two ways:
A) Freshly taken from their world and dumped into the sea, quickly rescued by the U.S.S Enterprise.
or
B) Having resided on the ship for no more than a year, probably finding themselves there through means of the first option.

Later on, new ways of character introduction might be brought in. This may include having characters willingly board the ship from newly discovered lands, though this is still up for debate.

Also, as a general word of warning: please be considerate to your fellow roleplayers! Give others a chance to post and make a difference. Try not to leave others out if you can!​

Character Sheet

Name:
What canon universe your character is from. If an OC, just put down Original Character.
Appearance: Written description is fine, but photo is preferred.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Self explanatory. List off any powers or abilities they may have, as well as any equipment such as weapons.
Personality Overview: Doesn't have to be much. How does your character act typically?
Short Bio: Again, doesn't have to be much. Just a brief glance into where they come from, etc. A wiki link is fine here.

Other Stuff: Anything you feel you should note for either other players or the GM!

The Cast / Accepted Characters
Player Slots: 11/12
Crow | Benjamin Tennyson
Wolgron | Dalla Al'Kai
Sumirenko | Satori Komeiji
Kaide` | Aleks Hyde
chaosheart13 | Allen Delacroix
kanoro | Flint Mathison
Traveller's Guide | Malakim Phoros
Navuso | Krimero Zaviar Tralomello the Third
Luma | Melody Kaiano
Roose Hurro | Sev Ornill
GrieveWriter | Sir Alonne

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Traveller's Guide
Thanks for the tag! Hm, going to have to figure out what character I'm gonna use, I got a bunch of them...

Awesome, it's up! I'll use a time-honored method to choose my Touhou character (flip a coin) then work on my sheet! I think I already have one in mind...

Just out of curiosity, Kaide, are mind-reading capabilities considered overpowered?

Question, if I play a character that can transform into a different persona, but that persona has its own personality and such, would that count as one character or two characters (In this case it will be three characters because the character I'm thinking about has to fuse with his partner to form the separate persona.)?

latest

"It's hero time!"

Name
:
Benjamin Tennyson

Origin:
Ben 10

Powers/Abilities/Equipment:
Ben Tennyson is the wielder of the Omnitrix, an alien device capable of transforming him into many, many aliens. Originally 10, this number now exceeds 60. This Omnitrix also has the evolution feature of his prior Ultimatrix, but this feature only works on a select few aliens, i.e. the Ultimate forms that have been shown in-canon.

Personality Overview:
Ben is, for the most part, laid back and relaxed, and would rather spend time on leisure than work. That is not to say he isn't responsible though, as he takes work with a mixed seriousness-fun vibe. He takes pride and priority in saving the world from countless disasters, and bears this responsibility well.

Short Bio:
[BCOLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]It started when an alien device did what it did... [/BCOLOR]

Other Stuff:
Some of these forms will include very heavy hitters like Way Big, Atomix or Alien X. I'll use them sparingly.​

latest

Name:
Satori Komeiji

Origin:
Touhou

Satori possesses the ability to read minds and hearts thanks to the third eye that rests upon her left breast. This ability cannot be turned off; it is part of who she is. Because of that, Satori can become overwhelmed in large crowds with too many voices to comprehend at once. Additionally, she has the power to "copy" signature attacks that her opponent can either use themselves or have witnessed in action before. However, even if she can imitate the attack's style and combat pattern, that doesn't necessarily mean she can match its power.

Personality Overview:
Years of being an outcast because of her threatening powers have given Satori a cynical worldview and a low opinion of people in general. Respect is earned, not gained. Satori prefers the company of animals (who all seem to love her) to sentient beings (who she rarely gets along with), but exceptions can be made for those who meet her high standards. Basically, she's a introvert who actively defends and cares for the ones she trusts.

Short Bio:
Satori was driven from the world of the sun due to the hatred of humans and other youkai along with her sister, Koishi Komeiji. They could not bear the thought of her digging into their memories and revealing their darkest secrets. Satori thought the Underworld would be more welcoming, but even the outcasts there hissed and spat at her feet. Thus forcing her into complete isolation with only her animals and her sister's husk for company.
(If you need a more in depth explanation, here: Boop.)

Other Stuff:
Satori misses her sister with all her heart. She's her biggest soft spot.

((I decided to post her now: If there's anything too powerful or any other details to work on, I'll make the proper adjustments!))

Name:
Dalla Al'Kai

Origin:
Original Character, medieval fantasy-era

Appearance:
Rather short despite the fact that she'd half elf. Standing at 5"7 with dark black hair that reaches down past her shoulder blades. She normally wears it up in a pony tail, with some hair streaking down both sides. She has piercing orange-red eyes, many thanks to her fathers poor genes.
Clothing wise, she is normally found wearing rather simple leather armor so that she may move around freely and without concern. While others may carry a multitude of weapons, she herself only carries a specially made silver sword, and a simple dagger that rests on her left hip. (Armor reference; click meee)

Click here for face reference.

Click here for tattoo(s) reference. Tattoos litter her body beneath her clothing, though some are visible on her neck and forearms. Most of her body is covered with "tribal" tattoos, all of which are different. (Just focusing on the tattoos there.)

She's quite the odd-ball, this one. She's an elf of sorts, with short pointed ears like her ancestors, though she can shapeshift into that of a wolf. Taking on the form of a white and black creature. And yet, while in her humanoid form, she is known to control the lava element. Though hardly does so, as she prefers to use her sword as aforementioned.

Personality Overview:
On a regular day, this one acts a bit like that of a rebel. Mischievous beyond belief, and always managing to weasel her way into trouble. She enjoys playing pranks and getting on peoples nerves, and always seems to be itching for a fight. She's bold and fearless, snarky and contradicting, always looking for an adventure and never one to turn up an opportunity should it arise.
That said, she can also be quite the flirt around men, even going so far as to be a bit promiscuous from time to time, depending on her mood.

Short Bio:
Dalla's history is very laid back and easy going. She was born to a loving mother and father, and graced with a twin brother to grow up with. For the first six years of her life, her father had been out of the picture. Unaware that her mother had been pregnant with them at the time, he'd gone to finish some of his own business and horrendous line of work before returning to them around their sixth year.
Since her youth, the twins had been at one anothers' side for as long as they could remember. Though upon relocation to a different country where their fathers home was, and now enlisted in a school, they began to develop their own tastes and individuality. She turning to the more rebellious and aggressive folk, always managing to get into trouble and somehow getting out of it all the same. Though nevertheless the siblings were still close as siblings could be. Their family in general had always been close-knit, due to their odd circumstances of being shifters and affinity holders.

She grew more rebellious as she aged, and her tricks began turning more dangerous as well. Setting things aflame or thieving from local shops. She began to get tattoos, signifying her defiance against her parent's wishes. There was no real reason for all this rebellion, she only sought to have fun and live life to it's fullest potential, which she does to this day.

Other Stuff:
Nerfed her down some, since being over-powered ain't all roses n daisies. Also apologies for the short bio. Didn't want to give too much away before RP.​

Question, if I play a character that can transform into a different persona, but that persona has its own personality and such, would that count as one character or two characters (In this case it will be three characters because the character I'm thinking about has to fuse with his partner to form the separate persona.)?
What do you mean by persona? Do you mean persona as in a whole person, or...?
latest

"It's hero time!"

Name
:
Benjamin Tennyson

Origin:
Ben 10

Ben Tennyson is the wielder of the Omnitrix, an alien device capable of transforming him into many, many aliens. Originally 10, this number now exceeds 60. This Omnitrix also has the evolution feature of his prior Ultimatrix, but this feature only works on a select few aliens, i.e. the Ultimate forms that have been shown in-canon.

Personality Overview:
Ben is, for the most part, laid back and relaxed, and would rather spend time on leisure than work. That is not to say he isn't responsible though, as he takes work with a mixed seriousness-fun vibe. He takes pride and priority in saving the world from countless disasters, and bears this responsibility well.

Short Bio:
[BCOLOR=#000000]It started when an alien device did what it did... [/BCOLOR]

Other Stuff:
Some of these forms will include very heavy hitters like Way Big, Atomix or Alien X. I'll use them sparingly.​
Accepted! I trust you'll keep his overtly destructive forms in check.
latest

Name:
Satori Komeiji

Origin:
Touhou

Satori possesses the ability to read minds and hearts thanks to the third eye that rests upon her left breast. This ability cannot be turned off; it is part of who she is. Because of that, Satori can become overwhelmed in large crowds with too many voices to comprehend at once. Additionally, she has the power to "copy" signature attacks that her opponent can either use themselves or have witnessed in action before. However, even if she can imitate the attack's style and combat pattern, that doesn't necessarily mean she can match its power.

Personality Overview:
Years of being an outcast because of her threatening powers have given Satori a cynical worldview and a low opinion of people in general. Respect is earned, not gained. Satori prefers the company of animals (who all seem to love her) to sentient beings (who she rarely gets along with), but exceptions can be made for those who meet her high standards. Basically, she's a introvert who actively defends and cares for the ones she trusts.

Short Bio:
Satori was driven from the world of the sun due to the hatred of humans and other youkai along with her sister, Koishi Komeiji. They could not bear the thought of her digging into their memories and revealing their darkest secrets. Satori thought the Underworld would be more welcoming, but even the outcasts there hissed and spat at her feet. Thus forcing her into complete isolation with only her animals and her sister's husk for company.
(If you need a more in depth explanation, here: Boop.)

Other Stuff:
Satori misses her sister with all her heart. She's her biggest soft spot.

((I decided to post her now: If there's anything too powerful or any other details to work on, I'll make the proper adjustments!))
Looks fine. As long as her mind-reading is kept so important, discernible information isn't meta-game'd, than she's accepted! Be sure to run it by someone OOC if you wanna read someone's mind to get those details.
Name:
Dalla Al'Kai

Origin:
Original Character, medieval fantasy-era

Appearance:
Rather short despite the fact that she'd half elf. Standing at 5"7 with dark black hair that reaches down past her shoulder blades. She normally wears it up in a pony tail, with some hair streaking down both sides. She has piercing orange-red eyes, many thanks to her fathers poor genes.
Clothing wise, she is normally found wearing rather simple leather armor so that she may move around freely and without concern. While others may carry a multitude of weapons, she herself only carries a specially made silver sword, and a simple dagger that rests on her left hip. (Armor reference; click meee)

Click here for face reference.

Click here for tattoo(s) reference. Tattoos litter her body beneath her clothing, though some are visible on her neck and forearms. Most of her body is covered with "tribal" tattoos, all of which are different. (Just focusing on the tattoos there.)

She's quite the odd-ball, this one. She's an elf of sorts, with short pointed ears like her ancestors, though she can shapeshift into that of a wolf. Taking on the form of a white and black creature. And yet, while in her humanoid form, she is known to control the lava element. Though hardly does so, as she prefers to use her sword as aforementioned.

Personality Overview:
On a regular day, this one acts a bit like that of a rebel. Mischievous beyond belief, and always managing to weasel her way into trouble. She enjoys playing pranks and getting on peoples nerves, and always seems to be itching for a fight. She's bold and fearless, snarky and contradicting, always looking for an adventure and never one to turn up an opportunity should it arise.
That said, she can also be quite the flirt around men, even going so far as to be a bit promiscuous from time to time, depending on her mood.

Short Bio:
Dalla's history is very laid back and easy going. She was born to a loving mother and father, and graced with a twin brother to grow up with. For the first six years of her life, her father had been out of the picture. Unaware that her mother had been pregnant with them at the time, he'd gone to finish some of his own business and horrendous line of work before returning to them around their sixth year.
Since her youth, the twins had been at one anothers' side for as long as they could remember. Though upon relocation to a different country where their fathers home was, and now enlisted in a school, they began to develop their own tastes and individuality. She turning to the more rebellious and aggressive folk, always managing to get into trouble and somehow getting out of it all the same. Though nevertheless the siblings were still close as siblings could be. Their family in general had always been close-knit, due to their odd circumstances of being shifters and affinity holders.

She grew more rebellious as she aged, and her tricks began turning more dangerous as well. Setting things aflame or thieving from local shops. She began to get tattoos, signifying her defiance against her parent's wishes. There was no real reason for all this rebellion, she only sought to have fun and live life to it's fullest potential, which she does to this day.

Other Stuff:
Nerfed her down some, since being over-powered ain't all roses n daisies. Also apologies for the short bio. Didn't want to give too much away before RP.​
Accepted!

Reactions: Sumirenko
What do you mean by persona? Do you mean persona as in a whole person, or...?
Like, uh. Say this character decides to transform into his other persona. He and the other persona use the same body, but have two entirely different personalities that do the talking. Basically my character needs to fuse with his partner before he can become the other persona with the second and personality. Sorry if I made this sound confusion orz

Looks fine. As long as her mind-reading is kept so important, discernible information isn't meta-game'd, than she's accepted! Be sure to run it by someone OOC if you wanna read someone's mind to get those details.
Sounds fine to me! In most cases, everything will be kept to what is suggested by the other character's post in the first place, if there are any thoughts there. Otherwise I'll drop a line. Thanks, I've been hankering to play her for a while.

Like, uh. Say this character decides to transform into his other persona. He and the other persona use the same body, but have two entirely different personalities that do the talking. Basically my character needs to fuse with his partner before he can become the other persona with the second and personality. Sorry if I made this sound confusion orz
Ahh, I understand you now. Since they're together as one, bodily entity, let's just say they all count as one character. ^^
Sounds fine to me! In most cases, everything will be kept to what is suggested by the other character's post in the first place, if there are any thoughts there. Otherwise I'll drop a line. Thanks, I've been hankering to play her for a while.
No problem!

Ahh, I understand you now. Since they're together as one, bodily entity, let's just say they all count as one character. ^^

No problem!
Ah, okay! Another question, would a trainer's Pokemon count as a separate character or no?

Ah, okay! Another question, would a trainer's Pokemon count as a separate character or no?
In the case of a Pokemon Trainer, I'll say no. However, for balance sake, I'll say that a trainer can only have a max of two of their Pokemon on them.

In the case of a Pokemon Trainer, I'll say no. However, for balance sake, I'll say that a trainer can only have a max of two of their Pokemon on them.
Alright, thanks for answering my questions! I'll get a character up by tomorrow most likely

Hey Traveller's Guide! Haven't seen you in a long time. Sorry for killing that RP the other time Wonder who you'll play in this.

Hey Traveller's Guide! Haven't seen you in a long time. Sorry for killing that RP the other time Wonder who you'll play in this.
Don't worry about the past RP, freeform rarely stays alive for long, much as it may sadden me. Passions cool, interest fades and if the GM doesn't have fun directing the game there is no sense in continuing.

I'm struggling to pick an FC for my character. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.