• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kaide`

Original poster
x| THE SEABORNE CHRONICLES |x
"LET THE SEA SET YOU FREE"

Seaborne is currently not accepting open-signups!
Check out the interest check here, and keep an eye out for any chances for new players.
If you really, really want to join, shoot me a PM and we'll discuss.

The IC is up, and can be found here!

Nobody was ever quite sure how or why this came to be. For many, their journey starts out the same way: a bright, blinding light. A sense of weightlessness, the sound of water around their ears. It was all but serenity, until the need for many came to forefront: the need to breath.

Some panic, some simply accept the fate they've found themselves to. As consciousness begins to fade, many spot something odd above them. Large ripples in the water, humanoid figures diving down towards them. Arms wrapping around them, freeing them from their daze as they're brought to the surface to breath air once more.

You find yourself aboard a great naval craft aptly named the U.S.S Enterprise.
Still dazed and sopping wet, the people that rescued you tell you that the vessel is home to many, most of them finding their way onto the ship the same way you did. Just glancing around the deck you're on gives the impression of a busy ship. Makeshift greeneries are littered about in a sort of organized chaos, leaving just enough room for moving to and from, as well as some makeshift supply tents to hold containers of items.

oVv80yy.jpg

Amid it all, you're approached and greeted by a rather strange looking woman. She sticks out like a sore thumb to you, looking like she belonged at a circus rather than a ship. Still, her gaze is firm and serious, her striking lilac eyes peering straight at you.

"Greetings. My name is Alyssa Marigold, but you may call me Officer Alyssa. I am one of the people that helps keep this hunk of metal afloat." She pauses to look towards the nearest deck worker, shouting "We need some towels over here!" before looking back at you, continuing her little speech as if nothing happened. "I would like to formally welcome you aboard your new home, the U.S.S Enterprise."

You're quickly tended to following Officer Alyssa's orders, tentatively listening to what she has to say.

"I'd reckon you're confused, and I can assure you that many aboard this ship still are. From the looks of it, many here are not from this world. As crazy as that may seem…" She offhandedly gestures around, as if trying to emphasize a point. "It is the reality we find ourselves in."

She goes on to explain further, telling you more of the situation at hand. The vessel is not only home to hundreds, but also a beacon of hope in an otherwise bleak world. It's hard to blame them, given how Alyssa explains that most of this world is covered in water. The seas seem to shift on their own accord, constantly revealing and swallowing away new lands to explore. It's almost hard to believe, and apparently it showed in your expression. Officer Alyssa gives a stern look, continuing.

"I arrived in a similar way to you. Believe me when I say that the situation is as serious as it can be. This ship has been in active operation like this for a few years now, and many of us are damned determined to keep it this way. The little land we've come across haven't all harbored friendly life; as such, we take what we need and keep sailing."

Her expression softens for a moment and she clears her throat, shifting the dagger sheath on her belt idly. "Unfortunately, the U.S.S Enterprise is rife with infighting nowadays. That, coupled with food shortages and fuel concerns…" She cocks a brow at you, seeming to examine you up and down. "I and the other officers are unsure how many more… anomalies like you we can afford to take on."

Officer Alyssa sighs, shaking her head. "Regardless, welcome aboard. Make yourself useful, will ya? We can't afford much more dead weight." She deadpans, beginning to turn to leave. "Oh, and I do hope you like fish. You'll be having a lot of that here."

What Is Seaborne?

The Seaborne Chronicles is a roleplay that takes place in a dynamic, ever-changing setting. Characters find themselves aboard a re-purposed naval aircraft carrier named the U.S.S Enterprise. Forced to sail the seas as a nomadic community due to the rapidly changing seas, the cast will find themselves having to overcome trials of various sorts. From coming across mysterious islands harboring deadly secrets, to dealing with growing instability on the ship due to infighting and clashes of ideals, characters will have to work together to unravel the mystery of the world's mysterious seas.​

What Kind of Characters Are Allowed?

In line with the setting of "anything could happen", original characters (OCs) and characters from preexisting media (canons) are allowed. The only real requirement is that characters considered "overpowered" with their abilities (such as being able to level a building with ease, etc) will need to have their powers nerfed.

Players are also welcome to play more than one character, though the cap for characters per person is going to be three for now.​

Anything Else I Should Know?

The ship has been in active operation for roughly five or six years and has undergone many changes since it's conception as a mobile safe haven.

At the beginning, characters may be introduced one of two ways:
A) Freshly taken from their world and dumped into the sea, quickly rescued by the U.S.S Enterprise.
or
B) Having resided on the ship for no more than a year, probably finding themselves there through means of the first option.

Later on, new ways of character introduction might be brought in. This may include having characters willingly board the ship from newly discovered lands, though this is still up for debate.

Also, as a general word of warning: please be considerate to your fellow roleplayers! Give others a chance to post and make a difference. Try not to leave others out if you can!​

Character Sheet

Name:
What canon universe your character is from. If an OC, just put down Original Character.
Appearance: Written description is fine, but photo is preferred.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Self explanatory. List off any powers or abilities they may have, as well as any equipment such as weapons.
Personality Overview: Doesn't have to be much. How does your character act typically?
Short Bio: Again, doesn't have to be much. Just a brief glance into where they come from, etc. A wiki link is fine here.

Other Stuff: Anything you feel you should note for either other players or the GM!

The Cast / Accepted Characters
Player Slots: 11/12
Crow | Benjamin Tennyson
Wolgron | Dalla Al'Kai
Sumirenko | Satori Komeiji
Kaide` | Aleks Hyde
chaosheart13 | Allen Delacroix
kanoro | Flint Mathison
Traveller's Guide | Malakim Phoros
Navuso | Krimero Zaviar Tralomello the Third
Luma | Melody Kaiano
Roose Hurro | Sev Ornill
GrieveWriter | Sir Alonne

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Traveller's Guide
Yeah... But, I like a picture as a way to visulaise my character.

I envision my character being very busty, but I'm not sure what FC would be good for her. >.<

I envision my character being very busty, but I'm not sure what FC would be good for her. >.<
Well, you have some time to figure it out. I'll probably start working on the first IC post tomorrow (Saturday) and see about getting it up by sometime Sunday.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Sumirenko
Name: Aleks Hyde
Origin: Original Character

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Due to her origins, Aleks possesses two states of "physical" existence. In her rawest, original form, she is nothing more than a congregation of ever-shifting darkness. The stuff you'd fear was lurking under your bed at night, she prefers to stay out of this form unless need be. It is worth noting that under the right circumstances, she may use this form to access harder to reach areas and otherwise go beyond the means of her humanly form.

Her other, more commonly used form has her take on the appearance of a young, rather tomboyish looking woman. This gives her no special capabilities on it's own, though under the right conditions she can tweak and meld the appearance of it (mainly for cosmetic means, such as changing her eye color or hair color). If injured in this state, one would find her injured body part (or herself entirely) dissipate into nothingness. If forced to dissipate entirely, it may take her awhile to reform her tangible form, depending on circumstances.

Her biggest weakness, ironically, is light. She cannot enter her raw form while in the presence of a light source such as the sun. And while her human form can survive just fine in both normal indoor and outdoor light levels, abnormally concentrated sources of light (such as powerful flashlight) may be used to disorient, cripple or even kill her if brought about in extreme levels.

Personality Overview: Aleks is a rather odd one. Having only become truly "sentient" and aware of her own state of existence recently, she is still learning about the world around her and just how to 'act human'. She plays herself off as being calm, collected and sarcastic; though this is quickly thrown away whenever she encounters situations that stump her. Which, quite frankly, is pretty often. She is always trying to learn more about her "fellow humans" as she puts it, and though she is often confused by them and their customs, Aleks seeks to do good where possible and help spark "hope" in those that she can.

Short Bio: Since I've played this character elsewhere, I'll link to the app that details her backstory.

Other Stuff: I swear she's not as edgy as she seems guys--

• Love
Question, we can bring in characters at any point in the rp, correct? Like, they are still sailing in the ocean when the next character we want to bring in drops into the ocean and is rescued? Sorry if this was stated in the rules and I missed it.

Question, we can bring in characters at any point in the rp, correct? Like, they are still sailing in the ocean when the next character we want to bring in drops into the ocean and is rescued? Sorry if this was stated in the rules and I missed it.
Yup, you can bring in a character anytime. So if you wanna play someone else later down the line, that's fine with me.

Name: Allen Delacroix

Origin:
Pokemon Original Character

Appearance: Allen is a tall but thin individual, standing at 6'0" and weighing about 147 lbs., give or take a few pounds. Though he's skinny, he has some muscle on him due to military training. He's an albino, which means he has white shaggy hair and dark blue eyes from lack of pigmentation. He's generally very pale and keeps it that way through sunscreen, if he can get his hands on it, and his clothing. If he doesn't, he gets sunburn easily and turns as red as a lobster. He has several scars on his body, the most prominent being ones being a jagged scar on his right side of his waist and another one on his right cheek.

When not outside, Allen's indoor attire consists of a white tank top that hangs off his skinny frame and dark gray sweatpants. He usually goes barefoot when inside as well. His outside attire consists of a blue jacket, a yellow military sunhat, white socks, and black combat boots. Around his neck is a white collar with several buttons on it and a serial number. On his legs, he has on heavy looking leg braces that look worn out to help him walk. He also has on a pair of glasses with a high prescription on them due to his poor eyesight.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Allen is an ordinary human being, so he doesn't have any fancy powers to show off. However, he has some military training and is physically fit, able to carry things heavier than his own weight and keep up with other people, despite his illness. He's trained in the medical arts, so he knows how to help a person heal, sewing up wounds and making sure the person isn't infected. As far as equipment goes, the only thing he has of note is his leg braces and an emergency medical kit that he carries around in his jacket. Oh, and his collar too. Normally this collar would hold his partner Pokemon and allow him to turn into an Anon, a being that is a fusion between him and his partner Pokemon, kind of like a gijinka.

Personality Overview: Allen is a sociable fellow and seems to make friends easily by being understanding and empathetic. He's generally a cheerful individual, smiling and laughing a lot while trying to make others smile and laugh with him. To contrast this personality, however, is his workaholic attitude. He has his moments where he overworks himself taking care of any patient that needs assistance, without stopping to eat or sleep. He hates seeing someone hurt and would do whatever he can to fix them up, be it physically or mentally. To be honest, he gets lonely very easily when not talking to people and though he tries to push it away, it constantly nags at him. He doesn't tell anyone about his problems, however.

Short Bio: Allen came from a world that was filled with Pokemon, but where the nations of his world fought a thousand year war between three different factions. He was born in the country of Aquinyl to two doctors. Both of his parents weren't around much during his childhood and he was considered a latchkey kid that grew to be a little lonely as the years went on.

One day, when he was twelve, he collapsed in school and was rushed to the hospital. The doctors there found that he had a rare terminal illness that they hadn't found a cure for yet and tried everything they could to keep him alive. He survived, and when he woke up he came face to face with a Dusclops. The Dusclops was chased away, but they continued to meet several times, the Dusclops shying away from contact. Eventually, once he was released from the hospital and given the collar he now wears, he went to find the Dusclops and give him a present. It turned out to be a Reaper Cloth and he evolved into a Dusknoir. But this meeting sealed their fates and the Dusknoir became his partner Pokemon.

Having gained an appreciation for the doctors that saved his life, he took to studying the art of medicine while gaining some lifelong friends along the way. After some time, he and those friends enlisted in the military at 17 and continued to study medicine, this time as a medic. Of course, there were some losses and heartbreak along the way, but he managed to serve the military for about two years until something pulled him away from his world, his partner Pokemon, and the life he's known.

Other Stuff: Allen has a pet peeve of being called "Éclair," and would usually answer with "I'm not a freaking French pastry!"
Due to his albinism and weak legs, he despises going to the beach and can't swim to save his life.
He's really bad at naming things.

Name: Allen Delacroix

Origin:
Pokemon Original Character

Appearance: Allen is a tall but thin individual, standing at 6'0" and weighing about 147 lbs., give or take a few pounds. Though he's skinny, he has some muscle on him due to military training. He's an albino, which means he has white shaggy hair and dark blue eyes from lack of pigmentation. He's generally very pale and keeps it that way through sunscreen, if he can get his hands on it, and his clothing. If he doesn't, he gets sunburn easily and turns as red as a lobster. He has several scars on his body, the most prominent being ones being a jagged scar on his right side of his waist and another one on his right cheek.

When not outside, Allen's indoor attire consists of a white tank top that hangs off his skinny frame and dark gray sweatpants. He usually goes barefoot when inside as well. His outside attire consists of a blue jacket, a yellow military sunhat, white socks, and black combat boots. Around his neck is a white collar with several buttons on it and a serial number. On his legs, he has on heavy looking leg braces that look worn out to help him walk. He also has on a pair of glasses with a high prescription on them due to his poor eyesight.

Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Allen is an ordinary human being, so he doesn't have any fancy powers to show off. However, he has some military training and is physically fit, able to carry things heavier than his own weight and keep up with other people, despite his illness. He's trained in the medical arts, so he knows how to help a person heal, sewing up wounds and making sure the person isn't infected. As far as equipment goes, the only thing he has of note is his leg braces and an emergency medical kit that he carries around in his jacket. Oh, and his collar too. Normally this collar would hold his partner Pokemon and allow him to turn into an Anon, a being that is a fusion between him and his partner Pokemon, kind of like a gijinka.

Personality Overview: Allen is a sociable fellow and seems to make friends easily by being understanding and empathetic. He's generally a cheerful individual, smiling and laughing a lot while trying to make others smile and laugh with him. To contrast this personality, however, is his workaholic attitude. He has his moments where he overworks himself taking care of any patient that needs assistance, without stopping to eat or sleep. He hates seeing someone hurt and would do whatever he can to fix them up, be it physically or mentally. To be honest, he gets lonely very easily when not talking to people and though he tries to push it away, it constantly nags at him. He doesn't tell anyone about his problems, however.

Short Bio: Allen came from a world that was filled with Pokemon, but where the nations of his world fought a thousand year war between three different factions. He was born in the country of Aquinyl to two doctors. Both of his parents weren't around much during his childhood and he was considered a latchkey kid that grew to be a little lonely as the years went on.

One day, when he was twelve, he collapsed in school and was rushed to the hospital. The doctors there found that he had a rare terminal illness that they hadn't found a cure for yet and tried everything they could to keep him alive. He survived, and when he woke up he came face to face with a Dusclops. The Dusclops was chased away, but they continued to meet several times, the Dusclops shying away from contact. Eventually, once he was released from the hospital and given the collar he now wears, he went to find the Dusclops and give him a present. It turned out to be a Reaper Cloth and he evolved into a Dusknoir. But this meeting sealed their fates and the Dusknoir became his partner Pokemon.

Having gained an appreciation for the doctors that saved his life, he took to studying the art of medicine while gaining some lifelong friends along the way. After some time, he and those friends enlisted in the military at 17 and continued to study medicine, this time as a medic. Of course, there were some losses and heartbreak along the way, but he managed to serve the military for about two years until something pulled him away from his world, his partner Pokemon, and the life he's known.

Other Stuff: Allen has a pet peeve of being called "Éclair," and would usually answer with "I'm not a freaking French pastry!"
Due to his albinism and weak legs, he despises going to the beach and can't swim to save his life.
He's really bad at naming things.
Accepted!

Oh hey, wow. Already an OOC with all these characters....you all move real fast-like. Guess I'll get to reading all the CSs.

Oh hey, wow. Already an OOC with all these characters....you all move real fast-like. Guess I'll get to reading all the CSs.
Blegh, forgot to let you know that we had already started to set up shop, haha. You still have some time, as I'm looking to get the IC up sometime Sunday.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Ugh, I want to add another character to my roster, seeing as I usually play more than one... but I'm not quite sure what. I'd pick someone other than a Touhou character, but that's what I've been feeling lately. Curse those obsessions. :/

Whatever the case, I'm probably going to wait until the roleplay begins before I decide on who would be perfect for me. Best to start out with one character and introduce the rest later on, I feel.

Ugh, I want to add another character to my roster, seeing as I usually play more than one... but I'm not quite sure what. I'd pick someone other than a Touhou character, but that's what I've been feeling lately. Curse those obsessions. :/

Whatever the case, I'm probably going to wait until the roleplay begins before I decide on who would be perfect for me. Best to start out with one character and introduce the rest later on, I feel.
I know how that feels when it comes to wanting to play a bunch of characters from one series... Time to hide my Vocaloid obsession.

Mmmm, so many possibilities, so little time...

When you should be working on typing up the IC but you keep getting distracted by video games nyeheh--

Hehehe. I feel ya, Kaide. I've been playing the Elder Scrolls ~ Morrowind off and on all day. There's something magic about that game. <3

• Love
Reactions: Kaide`
Hehehe. I feel ya, Kaide. I've been playing the Elder Scrolls ~ Morrowind off and on all day. There's something magic about that game. <3
Morrowind was the first Elder Scrolls game I played. Had no idea what I was doing, pretty sure I saw a wizard fall out of the sky at one point. Good times.

• Love
So I'm divided between playing a magi-tech pirate who's a bit of a jerk and a mute magician girl. I've been wanting to try RPing a mute girl and it'd be especially interesting with the mind reader, but there's the gender balance to consider.

Either way I don't really have the time on weekends to type out a proper CS, so do any of you have a preference for one or the other? And no mute pirate....the accent's half the fun.

So I'm divided between playing a magi-tech pirate who's a bit of a jerk and a mute magician girl. I've been wanting to try RPing a mute girl and it'd be especially interesting with the mind reader, but there's the gender balance to consider.
Well... I'm obviously biased, but the mute girl sounds like she'd be really interesting with my character! Mute+mind-reading would be a fascinating concept to explore. It could be fun.~

But you can take or leave my opinion. Pirates are always cool too, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Kaide`
Status
Not open for further replies.