The Saviors

Karma nodded in agreement, though he could tell that she wasn't being completely honest, causing him to smirk a bit.
Well I should hope so, otherwise I wouldn't be much use, hehe...

• Love
Reactions: Kitten_
Avira smiled some and glanced over a little before looking forwards again. She was silent for a few moments before her smile faltered.
"It really did upset me that you ran off like that.. but I'm not going to hold it against you. Just... don't do it again, okay?" She looked down at him.

Karma looked back up into her own eyes, with his own full of truth as he looks into them.
Alright... Thank you... And I promise I won't do it again.

Avira nodded a little and her smiled returned some. She looked up, glancing around again. She was a little more relaxed now, though still very cautious.
"We should be approaching the edge of these trees now by the end of the day, maybe.." she said calmly, thinking.

Karma nodded, stretching himself so as to not hurt himself when running.
Alright, I'm ready when you are.

Avira looked to him for a moment and nodded. She spurred Dusk on gently. He sped to a jog, easily navigating the trees as Avira kept her head down and her eyes sharp.

(I'll go ahead and take charge from here, unless you have any other ideas)

(Alrighty then, here we go!)
After a good hour or so, they came back to the mountain from a different angle and made it to the top before looking out from their hiding place.

Um... We did blow up a giant block and made a giant metal lake, right?
Karma gestured for Avira to look out.
All of the metal was gone, once again revealing the cold bare stone of the mountain underneath. The giant hollow stone was also gone, leaving nothing behind, not even the rubble. The strange factory was still there, but it had collapsed into itself and was somehow already covered in moss and choked by vines.
We only took an hour to get here, right?

Avira stared down at the stone in disbelief. She shook her head and glanced behind her before looking down again.
"Uhm... yeah it only took an hour to get here... we did blow it up..." she said quietly, her tone revealing her confusion.

As they watch, the wind begins to pick up and electricity begins to spark through the air, before a portal opens up and near twenty of the strange minions appear with wagons in tow, followed by none other than Necropolis, though strangely not Leo or Statik.
We must hurry, our time is almost up! We cannot let the master down again...
The minions move with surprising speed and dexterity, and their strength is impressive in comparison with their size as they lift blocks of stone as large as them with ease. The wagons look like they couldn't be moved by a bull, but two minions move them once they're full of stone like it was full of hay rather than rocks. Within ten minutes, most of the rubble from the factory is gone.
Well that explains it then... Should we barge in and demand some answers? I get the feeling that they're not saying long.
As if emphasizing Karma's point, about 8 of the 20 minions were already on the other side of the portal with their payload.

Avira watched closely. She sighed, then nodded. "I suppose that's our best answer.. be aware, that one is the cold one." She said as she stood, drawing her bow, but not letting it fly.
"Lead the way.."

Karma nods, and looks for an opening before smiling almost evilly. He pulls the shield off of his arm and separates pieces of it before he's left with a round circular shield roughly half the size of a normal buckler. He readies himself and takes aim before throwing his shield like a discus, watching in satisfaction as it hits one minion after another before any of them can react, leaving Necropolis as the only one standing. He catches the shield and pieces it back together almost immediately before looking back at Avira.
Good, right? They don't call me captain for nothing.
He turns back to Necropolis, who is looking at them calmly.
I had hoped that you wouldn't show up, but I knew you would... I was supposed to kill you or die trying, but I see you have questions, and there has not yet been a day where I don't have an answer... I won't keep you waiting then, ask away...
(The oblivious Captain America reference is real. XD)

Last edited:
  • Love
Avira slowly lowered her bow, we eyes flickering over to him.
"Uhm.... woah.." she could barely manage, surprise written across her face.
As Necropolis spoke up, she rose her bow again, aimed at him, but not firing.
"You're just.. gonna answer our questions? No fight?"

Necropolis laughs at Avira's last comment, causing Karma to glare.
No, heavens no... If it did come down to a fight, I'm afraid that your chances of winning would be next to none, if you even managed to survive. So yes, no fight; ask away.
Karma is watching Necropolis suspiciously as he sheathes his sword.
Alright, I'll start with a simple one... What are you?
Necropolis chuckles at that, but it is short lived.
I don't actually fit into a category like that, most dead things don't... However, your race takes to calling us lich, so we adopted the name early on. There are three categories of lich, simple, advanced, and King. You are looking at the 7th Lich King, and when I finally return to Aeos, (A-yo-s) the mantle of king will pass to another who's time has come to cease living. I would go into more details, but time is running out...

Avira watched him cautiously, not letting her bow down. She wouldn't let her guard down. She wanted to ask why he was attacking everything, but she didn't think that would get an answer.. she looked back to Karma, then to Necropolis. She felt uneasy, extremely uneasy.

Karma gave Avira one look, and knew exactly how she felt. Though he wouldn't admit it even if his life were on the line, he was too. He could also almost see the question in her eyes, and he had one similar to it... Hopefully.
Why do you three keep talking about time? What's happening that requires you to destroy everything?
At this, Necropolis doesn't laugh, or even smile.
So soon with the big questions... In truth, we are doing this to stave off something worse... In the Void, or Crossroads, or whatever you want to call it, Statik had a vision... If the old ways of life were not abolished to make way for a single kingdom with a single purpose, then all human life would come to an end, though from what is a mystery. Though we do know that it is happening soon, within a year in fact. A year sounds like a long time, but all these preparations for any possible outcome make it a nigh impossible task... So you see, we may be committing a great evil by doing what we do, but is it not better to live as one than to die alone?
Karma is absolutely speechless, still trying to grasp the fact that what these terrible people are doing is for a reason greater than themselves.

Avira gripped her bow tighter as Necropolis explained. To stave off something worse? Create one kingdom?? Why did they have to destroy everything to create one kingdom? They demolished two of the kingdoms.. why not try to unite them? She grit her teeth, many more similar words running though her head. She sighed, listening around carefully for anythig suspicious.

Necropolis sighed as more minions began pouring through the portal, raising his hand at them to stop them from attacking, and motioning for them to finish the downed minions' work.
I'm afraid it's time to go now. Remember what I've told you; unite or die... Do what the other two kingdoms refused to do... Who knows, maybe you're the missing piece of this lethal game that we play... If you still wish to stop us, go to the ruins of the temple to the South... Be warned however, once you cross over that threshold and leave this place, everything you've known so far in life will change... I should know... In the temple, there is a god who many say has gone mad. If anyone can convince them to open a portal to the crossroads, surely you would...
Before anything more can be said, Necropolis turns and walks into the now flashing portal, along with all of the minions both unconscious and awake. Within mere moments, Karma and Avira are left standing alone with only a small pile of rubble to probe that there was once a large factory here.

Avira slowly lowered her bow as they all began to leave. She looked towards Karma as she returned her arrow with the others.
"I don't... what do we do..?" She asked quietly, a little lost. Unite or die? Could they do that? Or should they just try and stop them.. maybe both? She sat down, thinking deeply.