The Saviors

"Yeah, it is much more peaceful in our time." Avira sat up and stretched. She examined the map on her phone, looking for anything that was inexpensive.
"There's a place about a block down the road if you wanna check it out..?"
She looked up at him.

Karma nodded and pushed himself to his feet, his legs protesting the movement. After a moment, Karma nods for Avira to lead the way.
That's good, cheap and a short walk...

Avira set the phone down, carefully pushing off the bench to stand. She was a little wobbly at first, but then all good. She adjusted her bag, then picked up the phone.
"Let's go." She glanced up at Karma and then started walked, though not very quick, towards this motel.

((You can describe the motel, I don't know what it'd look like to be honest.))

When they reached the location on the map, Avira looked up to a three story, dark red brick building. It looked pretty old, but well kept up.
"I guess this is the place.."
As she opened the door, it squeaked some. She glanced to the desk to see an older lady. She looked up at them through huge glasses.
The rug was a little ratty, but not holey or dirty.
Avira looked to Karma.
"Let's get a room.."
She approached the front desk and the secretary smiled.
"Well.. h-hello you two. L-looking for a roooom?" The lady said quietly.
Avira nodded. "Just a standard two person suite."
The lady grinned more and nodded, slowly standing.
"L-let me j-just get the keeeys.." she turned and shuffled towards the keys behind her.
Avira looked to Karma, yawning a little.

Karma was surprised at the secretary's age. If he understood this world correctly, she should be in retirement, or perhaps this is her retirement somehow? Karma met Avira's gaze and had to stifle his own yawn, refusing to let is escape the confines of his body. Instead, he gave a lazy smile with half-lidded eyes before looking back up to the secretary.

Avira smiled a little and rest her head on Karma's arm. She straightened up as soon as the lady turned and started back their way.
"H-here you go y-you two, have a-a good night." She smiled.
Avira happily accepted the keys. "Thank you miss."
She turned and started towards the stairs.

Karma followed closely, eager to be in their room. As they walk, Karma bumps into another man, who turns quickly.
Whoa, sorry man, didn't mean to get in your way.
Karma stares in absolute amazement at the man, though his shades and stance gave no hint of it. It was like something out of a book or a story that you hear as a child...
The man standing before them was Karma, with the exact same color of eyes, skin, hair, and scars. He was wearing more simple clothing, a white t-shirt with a black zip up jacket and black jeans, as well as a pair of black and white Nike's and a white baseball cap with a golfing logo, but it was definately still Karma. Even the way he gave off that nervous smile under Karma's gaze was like the one Karma had made under the king and queen's intense looks.
Oh... Y-you're fine sir... Just watch where you're going...
Alright, thanks man, see you later maybe! Name's Paul, or Paulie, look me up if you two ever need a tour of the city!
With that over with, Paul walks over to the counter and begins conversing with the older lady, who was apparently his grandmother. For a time, Karma stood absolutely speechless before turning to Avira.
Am I going crazy, or was that... me?

"I uh.. that... was... I.."
Avira didn't know what to say. She cleared her throat a little.
"He.. looked like... you... and uh... acted like you but... I.. I don't know." She shook her head, wondering if her tiredness was getting to her.
Avira reached out, gently taking Karma's hand before pulling him to their room. She wanted out of other people's view, as she was getting nervous.

Karma looked back occasionally in awe every so often to make sure that Paul wasn't just some figment of his imagination, but he never disappeared or faded away, even giving Karma a slight wave. He followed Avira, moving a bit more cooperatively now that this world's version of himself was out of sight.
------------------------------------------------------
After the pair left, Paul finally let his suspicious gaze emerge. He knew everyone, from the druggies and the street-rats to the stiffs and the businessmen, but never in his life had he ever seen anyone like those two. It was strange to him, seeing as how he knows everyone, and he wanted to know more... More than that, however... He found the woman he was accompanying very familiar and yet so exotic, and if they weren't already together, he had full intent to swoop in and give her a great time. After all, he had been the focus of many a woman's affections, most of which he refused with as much kindness as possible, so it shouldn't be that hard to earn her affections, should it?
(Alright, your turn! The only requirement is that she is a thief either attempting to break into our room or ransacking our room, everything else is up to you as long s she looks somewhat similar to Avira.)

Avira inserted the key and started to unlock the door before a soft sound stopped her.
"Did you hear that..?" She said as she drew her knife.
Not hesitating, she dropped her bag and shoved the door open in one smooth move, the pocket knife held out.

Inside was a slightly older looking female, though she looked awfully similar to Avira. She wore tight black jeans and a skinny tank top under a worn windbreaker. Her hair was in a pixie cut and she looked like she'd been through a lot of fights and won. She had a backpack in hand and it was obvious she was looking for valuables.

Avira stood, dumbfounded for a long moment.
"Who... what... what are you doing..?" Her voice was a bit shaky and a little confused.

"Ain't it obvious? You needa better hint?" The woman scoffed.
"Aye imma leave ya, thought it was empty. Don't worry 'bout me."
Her empty hand slid behind her, reaching for something tucked in her leather belt as she slowly walked backwards. She wore old running shoes, faded with age. Despite the situation, she looked like she could own a hotel twice this size, instead of ransacking one of these rooms.

Avira took a step forwards but before she could do a thing, the lady turned and bolted for the balcony. She drew a small pistol from her belt and as Avira backed her into the balcony, the woman pointed the pistol at the huntress.
"Back off!" She growled.
Avira dropped her knife, lost in the similarity of the angry woman's eyes.
The woman immediately leaned backwards, dropping into the dirty looking pool below. She clambered out, bolting into the distance.

Avira turned to Karma. "I uh... I can't... it's...she.. she was r-real... right?" She asked, overwhelmed. First the portal, then that Paul guy who looked eerily like Karma, and now this?
"I.. I need to lay down..."
She glanced around the room to notice there was only one large bed and a small TV. Other than a desk and a closet, there wasn't any other furniture. Avira rubbed her eye. "Cool..." she sighed.

(I hope that was oki)

Karma was just as shocked as Avira was, but he couldn't keep up once they ran to the balcony. He arrived just as the other woman dropped off and fell into the pool, and he ran over to see if she was alright, only to see her running off.
Yeah... Yeah she was real, just like the other one...
Karma turned and walked back to the room with Avira, also sizing up the room.
I'll, uh... I'll take the floor, you can have the bed...

Avira shook her head.
"It is a fairly large bed. I... I can take one side and you can take the other."
It was a king size, big enough for almost four people.
"We could also ask for another room.." she glanced to Karma. She couldn't let him sleep on the floor... no way.
She grabbed her bag and brought it in, setting it by the closet and then sitting on the foot of the bed. She yawned.

Karma looked over to the bed, realizing how big it was. He nodded, pushing one possibility after another out of his mind. He was still quite tired, so he got into the bed, pleasantly surprised at how soft it was. He sat on it for now, breathing deeply to settle his nerves before lying down.

Avira flopped on her back, kicking her shoes off and letting them rest there at the foot of the bed, on the floor. She scooted so her head was on the pillow opposite of Karma, half curled up on her side with her back to him. It wasn't long before her eyes slid closed and she started to drift off, relaxing.

Karma looked over to Avira after laying down himself, smiling at her and finding her quite comforting in this strange place, /his mind kep wandering back to Paul and Avira's lookalike. Were there lookalikes of everyone in all the different worlds? If there were, then how did the lich manage to fit in here? Did he always look so cold and strange? These and other thoughts rolled around in his head, keeping him awake despite the tiredness that has grown in him for the past couple of days.

Avira slept for about an hour before a soft whine escaped her. She was having a nightmare... she gripped the sheets, curling up tighter and gritting her teeth.
"You can't win this, you were never meant for this!" A voice screamed as blood covered the ground. Avira was knelt in front of their kingdoms that were destroyed, everyone dead. Even Karma laid in front of her, laying still. Tears streamed down her face... "n-no..."

"N... no.." she barely whispered in her sleep, whimpering.

Karma was stirred from his mental stupor by Avira's movements, and he looked over to her and rose himself up a bit, leaning over. He knew it was rude to wake people, but nightmares were another story entirely. If Avira didn't wake up from the nightmare... Then they'd have a problem. He grabbed her gently on the shoulder.
Avira... Avira, you need to wake up...

Avira jerked, her eyes snapping open and she grabbed his hand, then relaxed. She sniffled tearing up a little as she realized it was a dream. She quickly grabbed onto Karma, hugging him tightly.
"Th... that was... t-terrifying.."
The scariest part was seeing Karma lifelessly laying there.. she couldn't bear the image.

Karma held himself steady when Avira grabbed her arm, he'd been known to have a night terror or two, and held her gaze as she calmed. He was concerned, and was about to ask what happened, but stopped when she embraced him with tears in her eyes. He was surprised at first at the suddenness of the hug, but he returned it and gently pat her on the back.
Hey, hey it's okay, it was just a dream... it was just a dream...
Even with the circumstances, he quickly became uncomfortable and cleared his throat.
Alright, there there, you're okay... Now, what happened in your dream? Are you alright with talking about it?...