The Saviors

Avira looked confused. "History.. lessons... capiche..?" She tilted her head a little.
"What is a capiche?"
Why did he say he remembered his history lessons? What was that supposed to mean? She began to relax a little though because his mention of being the guardian of the portal.

Nick shakes his head in annoyance.
Do the words "2000 years ago" ring a bell? Of course you're ancient history, the kingdoms no longer exist, and nobody remembers anything. Step back through that portal, and you're stepping back in time. Make sense now?

Avira glanced back to the portal.
"Makes sense, yes..." she looked back to him, shifting. So they went to the future.. she could understand that. That would be why he said history lessons.
"Why? Why does this bring us here?"
She looked around again, though not as slow as the first time.

Nick shrugged slyly, looking back at the portal.
Dunno, the creators work in mysterious ways. Now, if that's all, I believe that it's time to begin the integration process.

Avira looked at Karma to see if he had any questions. She fidgeted, messing with the pocket knife a second before putting it away. She looked around again, biting her lip.

(I've been busy, I'm sorry)
Karma shakes his head, sure that whatever questions he has will be answered soon enough. Nick nods and rubs his hands together before placing one on each of their heads, filling them with all the information and history a functioning member of society needs to know.
Welcome to New York, New York, 2017, where half the country is arguing over whether our president should be impeached and the other half is busy paying taxes and trying to live their lives in relative peace. Over there are two suitcases with everything you'll need, from money and phones to a change of clothes and identification that was made as soon as you step through that portal. Anything else you might need to know will come to you when you need to know it.

(It's all good~ I have been too.)

Avira looked to the bags, more relaxed now that she knew more. She looked to Karma, then back to Nick.
"Thank you." She said calmly to Nick, nodding a little.

Karma blinked at his surroundings with his new knowledge, pulling out his 9mm Glock handgun and looking down the sights before flipping it to safety and putting his shades back on.
Yes, thank you very much.
Nick nods in response to their thanks and walks away, disappearing into the tide of people.

Avira looked to the suitcases. She walked over and knelt down, examining one carefully. "Alright.. what now..?" She looked to Karma as she picked her suitcase up. She looked around again, rubbing one eye.

Well... He said that there were phones in here, we should probably look up a map... Imagine how much easier life would be if we had this kind of stuff at home!

Avira shifted the bag and dug into it a little before pulling out the phone. She examined it for a short moment before turning it on and quickly opening it, going to the map. She showed it to Karma as she examined it herself.
"This would be really helpful at home.." she said in agreeance.

Karma looked at it, scratching his head before an idea went off.
The lich said the god would be in the ruins of a temple. What if... Try checking for broken down churches or ones that have been rebuilt in the last hundred years.

Avira nodded.
"That's a good idea!"
She began searching for old churches, broken down religious buildings and so on.
"This.. phone. It's very neat.." she said, the little device surprising her with its knowledge.

Karma nodded in agreement before pointing to the map.
There! A recently refurbished church that has yet to be used for anything other than confessions... We should start there.
Karma looked at the directions and was about to set off, when he realized that he hadn't even looked in his bag. He looked, and found a 12 gauge pump-action shotgun with appropriate ammo, more ammo for his pistol, and set of riot gear.
Hmm... Still no shield, but this armor is supposedly the best there is.

Avira glanced over. She hadn't bothered to see what was in her bag, at least not yet.
"Interesting." She glanced back to the end of the alley.
"Are you ready to go?" She looked back to him, obviously slightly nervous.

Karma nodded and put everything back in his suitcase before motioning for Avira to follow. They walk into the busy streets of New York to begin the newest part of their adventure.

5 HOURS LATER
Karma practically falls into his chair with a sigh. They had been walking for the entire time since they had left and with the time difference between their time and this time, he'd been walking longer than he ever had in his life. They had just stopped at a park bench and were taking a breather while they wait for the food they had ordered.
Man, I never want to walk that much again in my life... How are you holding up Avira?

Avira sat down beside Karma. Her eyes were half-shut as she slumped over, resting her head on his shoulder.
"I'm tired, but I'm okay."
As she yawned, her eyes opened back up and she turned her head up to look at him.
"We've done so much walking... I almost can't feel my toes."
She wiggled her shoes, smiling ever so faintly. She found it humorous, though she didn't know why.

Karma smiled as he looked over, seeing her yawn made him realize how much he needed sleep as well. However, there was one thing that stuck out to him.
Have you given any thought on where we're going to be staying? It should be somewhere close, the very thought of walking makes my legs shake.

"Perhaps we can find a motel nearby."
Avira adjusted the map on her phone to look for nearby sleeping arrangements.
"We should probably look for somewhere not very expensive.."
She looked up at Karma. "What do you think?"

Karma nods in agreement before looking around, though not at anything in particular.
That sounds like a good plan...
He smiles at himself before chuckling.
You know, if this is what the future is like all the time, I don't know if I'd enjoy it... Sure, there's lots of useful tools and more people, but I think I prefer the silence of our world... I hope Statik is lying...