The Saviors

Karma was just as lost as she was, not knowing what to do next.
I... I don't know... Part of me believes them, but why destroy the other two kingdoms?... It doesn't make sense...
Karma is silent for a long time as he tries to wrap his head around what he's just heard. It was as if all he'd worked up towards until this point has been for nothing. Eventually he makes up his mind, but he is afraid to say it.
I think... There's only one thing to do... Only one way to find out for sure... We need to get answers from the source, and the Void is that source...

Avira looked down, thinking.
"So.. to go to the ruins?" She looked back up at him.

Dusk walked over and nudged Avira. She pet him softly, surprised he hadn't returned home.

Karma smiles when Dusk nudged Avira, enjoying the show of affection. He let some of his sarcastic side resurface, feeling playful.
Well I don't know Avira, have you seen any other gods around except for Ms. Electric Psychopath?

Avira looked over at Karma and smirked slightly, rolling her eyes a little.
"I suppose not." She smiled a little more and looked back to him.
"I guess we should get going then.." she said as she stood, Dusk seeming happy she was back on her feet.

Karma nodded and looked to the south. They were going back the way they came, and had to deal with Avira's people again, but it would be worth it if they finally ended this. No-one had ever gone past the edge of the world, and those who had said it was a completely new world.
(I have something really cool in store!)

• Love
Reactions: Kitten_
(Fuuuun~)

Avira pet Dusk softly and stretched. She looked to Karma, a faint smile crossing her face for a brief second before looking to the way they came.
"Are you ready?" She asked softly before looking back to Karma.

Karma turned to her and smiled, feeling like a hero of old as the setting sun cast rays of golden light against their skin as they prepared for the hardest part of their adventure yet.
I'm as ready as I'll ever be... Lead the way... Partner.

Avira smiled at his smile and pulled lightly on Dusk's reigns. She started to walk to the ruins, watching carefully as she walked, eyes open to any danger as she listened. Dusk seemed at ease, looking around as he walked behind her.

They walk until they reach the edge of the continent, luckily not having to explain themselves to any Livrai patrols or fight anything. It was strange, but since before there was anything, the giant wall that was the border had stood, never touched abs never changing. They walked along the edge a bit before they found what they were looking for...
An æther portal stood shimmering in the sunlight, a strange viscous material making up the interior. It was said that the gods could create replicas of these portals, though they only lead to the crossroads, which are pretty much like being stuck in a glass box that allows you to view the outside world. These æther portals actually allow you to go to the place on the other end and take part in the other "world."
Karma gulps, beginning to have second thoughts, but one look at Avira steadies his resolve.
Are you ready?...

Avira let go of Dusk. She grabbed a few of the bags off him. "Go home buddy. I'll see you later." She said as she pet his snout. He nudged her cheek, then bowed his head a little to Karma before trotting off.
She then turned back to Karma.
"Ready." She said with a nod.

Karma took a deep breath and walked through the portal with Avira, leaving this world behind...

The air was filled with the sound of car horns and shuffling feet, along with shouting and complaining as the streets of New York city were filled to the brim with people. The air smelled of the sea and heat, but more importantly it smelled of pollution and smoke, though there was also food and distinct coffee smells, all of which assaulted the pair's senses. Karma looked down at himself and saw that he was no longer in his armor, but in a black and white suit and pants with a bulletproof vest underneath. He also had an earpiece, which was currently inactive. He had dark shades on as well, which he took off and put in a pocket on his suit. To top it off, he no longer had his swords or shield, but a tazer and a nightstick, as well as a gun on the back of his belt.
Karma is now a bodyguard.

(Welcome to New York, 2017!)

(COOOOLLL!! Quick question: who is Karma the bodyguard to?)

(You, lol. He's not really a bodyguard, he's still Karma, but he looks like a bodyguard. You're still his partner, and he's not going to call you boss or ma'am, you're still Avira to him.)

• Thank You
Reactions: Kitten_
Avira looled around slowly. When she looked to Karma, she suddenly stepped back a little.
"You look.."
She looked down at herself, surprised by the sudden change of wardrobe. She now wore a black tank top and a grey jacket that fit snug. Along with that were jeans and tennis shoes. Her mask was replaced with a baseball cap and a bandana around her neck. She took the bag off her back to now find a backpack with some sweets snacks and water.
"I look.." she looked to Karma, slowly standing. "What just happened..?"

Karma looks around in astonishment, trying but failing to take everything in.
I... I don't know... They said it would be different... But I never imagined this...
They are in an alley behind a building, with everything out of sight save for this small painting of the Æther portal behind them, and when Karma touches it, his hand easily slips through, though he pulls it back out because it unnerves him.
After a moment or two, a man in a leather jacket walks over to them.
Excuse me you two, did you just come through there?

Avira reached for her dagger, only to find it wasn't there.. it had been replaced by a small pocket knife that was hooked on her pants. She shifted a little closer to Karma, her eyes focused on the newcomer. She didn't know what to do or say, overwhelmed by everything. She fidgeted, gripping the straps of the backpack tightly and not saying anything. She couldn't tell if this man was dangerous or not..

Karma didn't know how to respond, and both their reactions caused the man to shake his head.
My name is Nick, I'm not going to mug you or anything. Alright, I'll ask you a simple one, and I'll help you if you give me a good answer... Livrai, Dreaki, Delain, or Siun?

Avira hesitated, but then answered.
"Livrai and Delain..."
she was almost ready to tell him of the fates of Dreaki and Siun, but didn't, still unsure if she could trust him. She glanced at Karma, then spoke again.
"I.. I am Avira. Huntress from Kingdom Livrai. I was sent to defend my kingdom from the unknown destruction that had come to our allies.." she shifted, watching the man with a cautious gaze.

Nick shrugs, seemingly unfazed by the shocking news.
I know, I remember my history lessons. I am the portal guardian for this area, and I must say that it's been a while since anyone's come through here. Now, I believe that my news is the more shocking of the two. This is still your world... 2000 years later, that is. The world here is ruthless, so I'm here to give you a rundown, capiche?