The Saviors

Avira calmed down slowly, taking a deep breath. She rubbed her eye.
"L-lots of.. lots of blood... and death.."
She hesitated before letting go, noticing he was uncomfortable.
"I-I'm sorry.."

Karma nodded in understanding before lying back down.
It's alright, I'm just not used to being that close... You can stay up, and I would get some water if I were you, since it helps somehow...

Avira nodded, taking a deep breath.
"I.. I think I-I'm gonna walk the hall a little.." she said quietly as she stood, stretching a little before grabbing her pocket knife she had set down after the woman had disappeared. She put it in her pocket before grabbing the room key. Hesitating, she glanced around. Should she leave though...? The hall should be safe enough... she started putting her shoes on.

Karma had finally been slipping into the world of dreams, so when Avira said she was going outside, he could do no more than mutter a response.
Be careful, we still don't know what's out there...

Avira stood after her shoes were on tight. She hesitated a long moment before nodding.
"Sleep well.." she barely whispered before walking to the door. She straightened her clothes and pulled her hair back before hiding the knife in her pocket. Slipping silently out the door, she took a deep breath and slowly started to walk down the halls, keeping her head down as she calmed herself.

Karma slipped into an easy sleep, which could be woken by the slightest disturbance of the room.
------------------------------------------------------------
Paul rounded the corner of one said hallway and ran right into Avira, and though he was a head taller than her, he fell backwards and dropped most of his things.
Oh gee, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that. Oh, it's you! What are you doing out so late at night? I thought you were... someone else...

Avira instinctively reached for her pocket, then casually rested her hand on her hip as she rubbed her eye with her other hand.
"I.. I didn't see you, I'm sorry." She said calmly. She knelt down to help him pick up a few things, though part of her felt highly uncomfortable even seeing him again.
"I could ask you the same.. creeping around so late.."
she tilted her head, sticking her hands in her pockets as she stood.

Creeping? Haha, hardly! It's my job to make sure that there's nothing going on that shouldn't be, like stealing or other crimes.
Paul began chuckling as he picked up his things, mostly papers and folders, though there were a few envelopes meant for other hotel attendees.
I'd like to say that I'm pretty good at my job, though it's not like I'm a superhero or anything...

Avira tilted her head, thinking back to the girl she saw in their room.
"If you say so."
She said before glancing around.
"I guess I'll head back to my room."
She turned, walking back towards the room. She felt uncomfortable, keeping her hands in her pockets and her head down. Not suspicious, just tired.

W-Wait!
Paul reached out to grab Avira, but stopped and lowered his hand. It would probably be wrong of him to do something like that to someone he'd just met.
Um... Would you uh... Like a tour of the city?... I'd like to get to know you better, a-as a person I mean!

Avira hesitated and glanced back to him.
"Uhm... maybe? I.. I'm not sure. We've got a lot to do.."
she looked down a minute.
"I'll think about it."
She looked up at him with a faint smile, still a little nervous. She started back to her room again, fidgety. Maybe he could help...?

Paul smiles at that, and stands, having finally picked up all of his dropped papers.
Ah, that's great! I'll see you at breakfast, the meals are free of charge, and gram cooks some great eggs. Have a good night ma'am!
Paul walks past Avira and to a room that he knocks on. There are a few moments of waiting before someone opens the door and Paul hands them a few of the letters. There is a moment where Paul nods before the door closes and Paul looks down at a few of the papers before walking farther away from Avira, into another hallway that branches off from this one.

As soon as she reached her room, she slipped silently in and locked the room. She shifted, relaxing when she saw Karma. Rubbing her eye, she went and silently sat back on her side of the bed. She leaned back on the wall and yawned, staring up at the ceiling.
"I hope this wasn't a bad idea.."

(Timeskip to morning?)

Avira had dozed off in the night. Somehow she'd managed to get herself curled up next to Karma, not quite touching him, but close. She looked content, her breaths light. Despite being asleep, she would wake up to the smallest thing, such as Karma moving as he awoke.