The Saviors

Avira looked down, blushing a little at her own quote. She rubbed her neck with her other arm.
"Alright so we've got your armor and my books.. are you ready to go? I am." She glanced around, almost positive she'd gotten everything. She nodded to Lucille, who waved goodbye before she left with the King and Queen.

Karma nods, slipping the armor on and adjusting it with relative ease before grabbing his shield, nodding as he equips it.
Ready as I'll ever be. I hadn't given it any thought before, but do you know these "Crossroads" that ice man was talking about?
(Sorry, writer's block. @~@ )

(It's all good ^~^ I can drive for a bit :) maybe >.< )

Avira thought for a moment. "It sounds... familiar... but I don't know for sure.." she started to leave the throne room, though keeping close to Karma as several guards glared. As they left the castle, people of the kingdom had gathered to see Avira. She simply waved, giving small smiles and leading Karma to the stables. "I'm not sure where to go from here... perhaps we should head back to where we saw the factory before?" She wondered what they could be going against.

Karma seemed not to notice the guards' glares, he was too busy marveling how different the people here were from in Delain, as well as how popular Avira was along them. Karma looks at her as soon as she starts to talk, nodding in agreement.
That might be a good idea. Same place as last time, or should we approach from a different direction?

"Perhaps we should approach from a different direction." She said as she approached Dusk. One of the stablehands had loaded the saddlebags with supplies. Avira pet Dusk softly. She turned to Karma. "You can pick any horse you like, except the white one." She said as she continued to pet Dusk.
The stablehands bowed slightly, to show their respect to him.

Karma nods in agreement, and smiles when he remembers how nervous Dusk had been before when he was around. He is taken aback when he is offered a horse, blushing when the stable-hands bow even though he was a prisoner mere minutes before.
Oh, I'll be fine, don't worry about me. I'm faster than I look, what with all my training.

Reactions: Kitten_
(MY HAND ITCHES SO BAD!!! Aaaa! I might not be able to write much, on account of my hand almost being better.)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitten_
(I'm glad your hand is almost better :D. )

Avira hesitated.
"Are you sure you do not want a horse?" She stepped away from Dusk, letting him walk around a little. She was still smiling a little, just glad to have Karma back. It just felt right with him there.. she didn't know how to explain it.

Karma nods, looking at the horses in the stables.
Vengeance would probably never forgive me anyways, but none of these horses have that... Spark, of bravery that she has... I wonder if she went back home too.

Avira thought about it a long moment. "Maybe we could stop and check if you'd like." She said quietly as she checked on Dusk's hooves and legs. She checked to be sure everything was tied on right.

Karma laughed at that, a true honest sounding laugh that has a much lighter tone than his voice might intend, like a birdsong.
That would be a terrible idea, seeing as how the general of our kingdom absolutely despises everything to do with you and your kingdom. No, we shouldn't go there unless there's something there that's absolutely necessary.

Avira nodded and finished checking on Dusk.
"Alright." She turned back to Karma. "Ready when you are."
Dusk snorted a little, walking forwards and nudging the side of Karma's head with his snout.
Avira giggled softly.

Karma begins to nod that he's ready until Dusk nudges him, causing him to turn his head towards him.
And to what do I owe the attention?

Dusk rest his head on Karma's shoulder a moment before he nudged his head again. He then trotted back to Avira.

Avira smiled softly, giggling again. "He's just letting you know that he's okay with you." She said as she pat Dusk's head. "Silly boy." She whispered to him, still smiling. He didn't do that often.. she looked back to Karma. "Alright. Let's go." She said as she took the horse's reigns. She started to lead the way back to the woods.

Karma stood for a moment, surprised and wondering what made him special before he started following, a light jog that didn't take much effort.

MEANWHILE (In a parallel universe)
The king sighed, holding his head as the general reported to him. Their army would be ready to attack by the morrow, and luckily they even had some weapons and armor to spare. He still didn't understand how there was so little metal that could be found, where did it all go?
"My king, are you feeling unwell?"
He shook his head and waved the question off, raising his head to sit straight.
No, no, I'm just tired of all this... Do you think Karma is doing well?... He hasn't reported back yet...
The general glares, Karma had always gotten more than him because of family ties despite his own superiority. He hoped that the boy had died in a hole somewhere, but knowing his luck, that was probably not happening.
"I'm sure he's fine sir, absolutely wonderful... Now, about what I was asking before. Are you going to lead our army? They could certainly use the morale boost."
The king nodded slowly, wondering how it all came to this.
Yes, of course... I cannot let them go into battle alone...

As they left the protection of the city, Avira became more aware, her head tilted a little as she listened. She gripped Dusk's reigns a little tighter, letting him create his own path over the forest floor, heading back towards the place where the factory had been. She kept her eyes open, watching each movement. Things were very quiet... it made her more cautious. She kept one hand low, closer to her dagger in case she needed it.

Karma followed behind, moving relatively quiet, though his armor did clink together quietly at times and his boots did make thumping noises when he stepped down from a ledge or a high spot of ground.
Is it just me or does the forest seem quieter than before?

"It is quieter." Avira responded after a moment. "It is very annoying.." she sighed, glancing around again as Dusk paused for a moment. He stepped over a root before continuing along his way, fairly calm despite his rider's tenseness. Avira looked up at the trees, scouring them for any sign of danger.

Karma followed, daring not to break the silence in case there really was something about. He couldn't hold it in any more, though, and spoke up.
So did you really mean all that stuff you said in there?... About needing me? I thought for sure that the next time I saw you, you wouldn't be very... pleased, to see me...
(I am so sorry for taking so long, I am totally irresponsible! ;-; )

(It's oki~ ^~^ no worries)

Avira avoided his gaze, blushing slightly.
"M-maybe.. but it's not that important. I mean, I can't fight well close range..."
Despite her denial, her tone clearly gave it away, as well as her very weak excuse. She had meant it, every word she'd said.. and she didn't regret saying it. She just was a little embarrassed she'd so obviously admitted it, unknowing he was beside her when she said it.