• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Which faction do you think you'll join later in the RP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Brovo, I've just noticed that in your last GM post—and later, in your collab—that you've started to refer to the western building as being eastern. (You also referred to the eastern one as eastern in your GM post.) I just thought to point it out, because it might help to alleviate any confusion you may have when interpreting other posts later, for which the directions get a little jumbled.
Fix'd. Sorry about that. :ferret:

I'm still looking for somebody to collab with. If not I'll probably send drones towards Arrowhead's last position to see if they're still alive or something. (Might end up collabing with Brovo if that's the case).

Alright everyone, just letting y'all know (since it's been quiet for a bit), I'll be posting in the IC Friday the 27th. Don't be late... :ferret:

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: Maxim and Pahn
This is the inevitable OOC post to go along with the inevitable IC post. So, a couple of things. First, every player who signed up in the OOC—all fifteen of you—have posted in the past two rounds. Nobody has bailed on this RP in its early rounds. That... Is actually a legitimate first. So, congratulations everyone, I'm proud of you all. This RP will be harder to write for than most simply because of its gray and ambiguous nature. I'll do what I can to help offer suggestions and guidelines via OOC at each stage. Still, if you feel stuck, want to do a collab, have any questions, or anything else you'd like to say, just say em' here in the OOC and I'll get to them. :ferret:

Now, a couple of things.
You can list future actions using future tense. Ex: "John Doe lined up the target in his sights. If he hit his target, he would try to line up another shot. If he missed, he would most certainly try to reposition to another piece of cover." <- Do this, and I'll be able to reasonably assume what your character will do if their immediate plan fails. You don't have to do this, but you may find it helpful at certain points in the story.

Y'all influenced the decisions of various NPC's on the ground already.
  1. Morai was convinced to abandon his post because of player involvement.
  2. Carolyn was convinced into an organized retreat against her orders because of player involvement.

This is a dynamic story, so as a result, instead of the plot unveiling threats at your defence point, or attempting to rescue squads of combat survivors, or otherwise, the plot is reactive to what you—the players—are doing. Instead of being caught unaware of the ambush being set up behind you, RedWillow, Red Velvet, and Snakey are catching it in the act, and now have a new set of decisions to make. Now in the midst of your retreat, people are going to have to decide whether or not to risk taking in the one guy who made it ahead of everyone else.

Oh, and yes, all of you can split up whenever you like. You have the freedom to do that. Just keep in mind that going alone in this world is... Ill advised. You won't live long alone.

So yeah. That's that for now. Have fun with your new batch of decisions. :ferret:

Reactions: Pahndemic
Posted!

Collab with a total of 3 players and the GM, so it's a pretty massive post.
@Red Velvet @Snakey @Brovo

EDIT

Post has been edit about 1 hour ago in accordance with Red Velvet's request, sorry about that.

Last edited:
NPC OPINIONS! (This is a thing I do in every RP I join. These are first impressions NPC's have of other characters, either because of previous assumed interactions before the story began, or from what they've seen/heard of each other.) It's purely for fun, to give y'all an idea of what these three NPC's think of y'all, since they're a broad range of views and will keep popping up in the story until they die, basically.

• Kiku: "I know Marie Black saved you from the raiders we seek to destroy, yet, I can't help but feel concern. You don't seem to have much of a mind of your own outside what Marie tells you to do." (Concern, cares.)
    Hewitt Ziegler: "Someone with credible experience and a bone to pick with the raiders. Our home is your home." (Camaraderie.)
    Phelan Kell: "A mysterious man with a mysterious past, who possesses significant marksmanship talent... Who are you, really?" (Cautious, curious.)
    Aleksa Volkov: "We'll make sure your daughter stays safe. I promise. Bunker Chicago does not turn on its own." (Sympathy, camaraderie.)
    Peter: "You're a strangely competent man, for a pawn stall owner." (Cautious, optimistic.)
    Box Copter: "Your adoptive family were good, hard working people... Whether they adopted you formally or not, I know they looked on you with pride. I'm sure you would make them proud even now." (Sympathetic, camaraderie)
    Dennis 'Throughway' Godsmen: "Good God, you need a workout routine. Desperately. It'd be a shame if that cute pig you take with you everywhere watched you die because you couldn't run to cover fast enough." (Amused, dismissive.)
    Ozymandias: "You are a rather strange apostle of yet another new world religion that I won't generally care for overly much." (Neutral, dismissive.)
    Convict: "Violent, unkempt, brutal, merciless... I pity you, and your brutal ways. If only you could soften and show others a better path away from being a raider. You don't strike me as psychotic, yet, you play the part well." (Disappointed.)
    Robert Coffey "Bob": "I can trust you and your experience to lead the way in many situations. It's also rather comforting to be around you, can't explain why... You got a natural, old world charm." (Admires, camaraderie.)
    Gabriel Desrochers: "I know what you did. My father told me... I can't blame you for making a tough decision. Don't beat yourself up over it, learn from it so you won't do it again. I won't be so forgiving and understanding if it happens again. Once is a mistake, twice is callousness." (Cautious, optimistic.)
    Florence Morgenstern: "You're deranged enough to take a gasoline covered sword into a gunfight. I think that's more than sufficient knowledge for me to know that I need nor want to know anything more about the way you see the world." (Frightened.)
    Shlan Fletcher: "From what little I know, you have gone the noble path as a mercenary. That's rare nowadays." (Admires, camaraderie.)
    Tristan Sovres: "I wouldn't trust as much to machines as you seem to do. There is only so much an AI can do without human tenacity." (Disagrees with AI Overuse.)
    Dimas Roul Pokorny: "Why did you go into a mission to fight Bosho and not even bring a gun with you? There are easier ways to commit suicide..." (Agitated, disappointed.)
    Morai Lee: "Whoever you are, I'm not buying that you act alone. There's something far more grandiose about your motives than that of a simple mercenary... And your foreigner tongue belies a great distance you have traveled simply to come here." (Curious, cautious.)
    Jenive Rousseau: "The Traitor who sold her soul to the entity slowly consuming my home with politics. I can't believe we were ever friends." (Distrust, disgust.)
  • Kiku: "Láng hái. (Wolf-cub.)" (Cautious, admires.)
    Hewitt Ziegler: "You fight for coin. Admirable enough cause, I suppose." (Neutral.)
    Phelan Kell: "Chénmèn de shíròu dòngwù réngrán shì yīgè bǔshí zhě. (A dull predator is still a predator.)" (Uncertainty, caution.)
    Aleksa Volkov: "You fight for family... I understand this motivation. Keep your daughter close, lest the wolves take her from you." (Sympathy, admiration.)
    Peter: "Nèixīn shēn chǔ de dōngxī zàiyú yuǎn bǐ gèng qiángdà de biǎomiàn shàng kějiàn yībān. (Deep within lies something far more powerful than is evident on the surface.)" (Cautious, distrusts.)
    Box Copter: "Cóng huāyuán cǎizhāi de huā. Shū gěi fēng. (The flower plucked from the garden. Lost to the wind.)" (Sympathetic: Sees through the male masquerade.)
    Dennis 'Throughway' Godsmen: "Yīgè yàng. (Two of a kind.)" (Amused.)
    Ozymandias: "Faith can see men through more trying times. I admire it, so long as it does not cloud your eyes." (Cautious, optimistic.)
    Convict: "Either a bestial fool, or a hurting woman. Either way, as deadly as any animal backed into a corner... But only one can find redemption." (Cautious, admires.)
    Robert Coffey "Bob": "Pānfùzhuó zhízé. Tā jiāng yǔ chuán xià chén. (He clings to duty. He will sink with the ship.)" (Sympathy, pity.)
    Gabriel Desrochers: "It is foolish to believe you can keep secret your atrocities. Rumours spread. One who shoots his men in the back is destined to find himself alone among the wolves when the sun sets." (Disgust.)
    Florence Morgenstern: "Mángmù dì xìnyǎng chǎnshēng sǐrén. (Blind faith creates dead men.)" (Pity.)
    Shlan Fletcher: "Where there is one mercenary, there is usually more." (Neutral.)
    Tristan Sovres: "Surrounded by machines... Such fallible toys." (Amused.)
    Dimas Roul Pokorny: "You step onto a battlefield with no weapon. You have no idea what the reality of the life outside your bunker is, do you? Wǒ kělián nǐ. (I pity you.)" (Dismissive.)
    Carolyn Antoinette: "Naive, but a desire to learn more about the unknown is admirable." (Dismissive.)
    Jenive Rousseau: "You are a tool, and you will be used as such. None will be there to pity you when all is done... Nor I." (Pity, camaraderie.)
  • Kiku: "I admire your tenacity... That determined will to survive. Your loyalty to Marie is inspiring. You're proof that anyone, no matter how damaged, can be made whole again." (Appreciates.)
    Hewitt Ziegler: "I hope you see that we would be a lot stronger together. We would survive a lot better together." (Hopeful.)
    Phelan Kell: "We could always use more marksmen like you! I'm sure you could see the benefit of a safe place to sleep at night. You could do a lot more with us than you ever could alone." (Hopeful.)
    Aleksa Volkov: "I wish I knew you better... You sound like a den mother, protecting her pup from harm. Don't worry, once this is all over, we will all be safe, and your daughter will have a world where she can study books instead of guns." (Admires.)
    Peter: "You of all people should be able to understand why we need TC." (Potential camaraderie.)
    Box Copter: "I know you have a long history with TC, yet, it's classified beyond my security level... Just what about you is so important they need to keep you secret?" (Confused, curious.)
    Dennis 'Throughway' Godsmen: "I have no idea what to feel about you. You seem too ridiculous to be real... How did you even get fat farming? My family were farmers too." (Bewildered.)
    Ozymandias: "You turn to faith instead of reason as a guiding light to your life... I'm sure you will learn the error of your ways, soon enough." (Patronizing, hopeful.)
    Convict: "You need behaviour therapy. And a shower. Someone needs to civilize you before you sick yourself on someone." (Distrust, fearful.)
    Robert Coffey "Bob": "Play it off all you want, I know about your mutations. Most of TC does. Yet, still, you seem capable and caring in equal measure. I appreciate that much, at least. I hope you aren't one of those to think of me as traitor... I hope you can see why I've done what I've done." (Admires, fears disapproval from.)
    Gabriel Desrochers: "When all of this is done, you should be a scientist. There's a lot a man like you could do for the advancement of AI in TC!... It might also be a good idea to keep you away from the trigger." (Admires, hopeful, but ultimately distrusts.)
    Florence Morgenstern: "You're the foremost reason I'm looking forward to the first behaviour therapy clinic opening in Bunker Chicago." (Patronizing.)
    Shlan Fletcher: "You've worked with others for all the time I've known you. Surely you can see the advantage of putting that sort of team work on a scale hundreds of times bigger..." (Hopeful.)
    Tristan Sovres: "Such adorable machines! They work in such great unison! I'm sure when this is all over, you'll see the advantages resources within TC could bring you instead of returning to your life picking scraps off the floors of dead men's homes." (Hopeful.)
    Dimas Roul Pokorny: "Someone needs to teach you how to survive in this world... Maybe you shouldn't have left the TC labs without a few lessons." (Concerned.)
    Morai Lee: "Oh look, the outsider who preys on the weak and the helpless, who abandons his comrades in arms if he thinks it suits his purposes... And people call me a traitor." (Disgust.)
    Carolyn Antoinette: "We were friends, once. We could be again... If only you'd see that I never betrayed you, or anybody else... Such is the way of change, I guess." (Regret.)

WHY IS NO ONE POSTING q_q it's been a week guys :c

Because life? Because love? (I should be working on a post.)

New GM post going up Saturday the 11th. Better have y'all's shit in gear by then. :ferret:

The Last Bastion now has a Discord Channel, where you can talk with other players, strangers, or the GM whenever you'd like. Link here.

• Thank You
Reactions: Pahn
IC UP.

The tutorial phase is almost over! We have a couple more posts to go, then I'll give y'all a world of options, and you'll be free to pursue the story as you choose. If you feel a little constrained here, yes, I know, it is a bit railroady. Sorry. That's how tutorials go. I hate doing it too, but it's just the most efficient way to introduce a conflict and world and allow y'all to establish the basics of your characters.

But, it's almost over, so... No fretting.

Next IC post will go up Saturday the 18th. I don't recommend forgetting to post, trust me.

As for what "electronics" accounts for in tanks and helicopters, basically it means you'll have to disable your AI that allows you to run everything at once. So tank users will either take penalties to moving and firing at the same time, or they'll need a co-operate to help them man the main gun while they focus on the rest of the vehicles operations. Helicopter also takes penalties, though not as severe, and mainly to target acquisition.

Alright... Well, with the ATS on Gabriel's helicopter, he's gonna need someone to get into his helicopter if the miniguns and the auto-cannon are to be shot (Though missiles will work normally, just without AI to help it get straight)

I've finally got caught up on all the posts, and I'm excited! If anyone is willing, I'd really like to do a collab.

@Maxim does your tank's gunner seat have a mounted machine gun (or other weapon) for the person sitting there to use? I assumed it did since Grothnor mentioned such a thing and your tank description on your CS didn't specify either way. Lemme know what's up with that so I can correct it if I assumed incorrectly.

@Maxim does your tank's gunner seat have a mounted machine gun (or other weapon) for the person sitting there to use? I assumed it did since Grothnor mentioned such a thing and your tank description on your CS didn't specify either way. Lemme know what's up with that so I can correct it if I assumed incorrectly.
Ah, when I wrote that I was under the impression that, since we have to shut down the AIs to not get screwed by EMP mines, I would have to have somebody man the main laser cannon so that Tristan could move while the gunner could fire. Thus to answer your question, the gunner would be in control of the main gun, while I think Tristan would be in control of the auxiliary machine guns/turrets and the movement.

That said if people think this is a bad idea then I can retcon something else in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, does that mean I have to edit something?
*pouts* I hate editing.

Ah, when I wrote that I was under the impression that, since we have to shut down the AIs to not get screwed by EMP mines, I would have to have somebody man the main laser cannon so that Tristan could move while the gunner could fire. Thus to answer your question, the gunner would be in control of the main gun, while I think Tristan would be in control of the auxiliary machine guns/turrets and the movement.

That said if people think this is a bad idea then I can retcon something else in.
Brovo said on Discord that this was how it works, so I'll just edit my post to make sense with the accurate info.

EDIT: And done. Bob's one point in Pilot skills will hopefully make him at least sort of competent with this weapon, haha.

As you can see, an IC post is up now. You can read it here.

This is the final round of this tutorial/intro mission. Use this to wrap-up what you're doing. After this, I'll stop holding your hands, and it will be up to you to pick sides and work with other players on an individual level.

Your every decision will decide your future, be it abruptly cut short, or altering the state of the world.

Best of luck. (Don't worry, I won't leave you completely in the dark. If you ever feel confused as to what to do, simply ask me, and I can give you ideas, but I won't guarantee that the ideas I give you are always the right or safe ideas. :ferret:)

Also, those who fail to post this round will be dropped from the RP, unless I receive a valid reason as to why someone cannot post this round.

Next GM post coming June 30th. Giving y'all a week and a half to work with. Y'all may want to brush up on your collab skills if you haven't already. You may also want to connect with me via my Discord server, which you can find a link to at the top of TLB's first OOC post.

Reactions: Pahndemic
@Brovo The post says listeners could feel and hear things. Does that mean only those who have a majority of their traits in listener things, or is there a certain threshold less than 4 points in listener, or would even Bob with his single point in listener be able to hear the whispers and feel the creeps from the rescued guy?

• Thank You
Reactions: Pahn
@Brovo The post says listeners could feel and hear things. Does that mean only those who have a majority of their traits in listener things, or is there a certain threshold less than 4 points in listener, or would even Bob with his single point in listener be able to hear the whispers and feel the creeps from the rescued guy?
Everyone who has a listener trait.

• Thank You
Reactions: Pahn and Jorick
Status
Not open for further replies.