Which faction do you think you'll join later in the RP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for my disappearance.

I was swamped at work. Then I had a conference I had to attend. I thought I would get a lot of time with it, but I didn't. The wifi was horrible at the hotel. That being said, I should have notified someone/anyone about my disappearance. Anyway, I'm getting back into town this evening. So, tomorrow I plan on having a post out. After this, I should be a lot more free.

That being said, it was a week long writing conference, so now I feel like a freaking genius on writing. I kid. But I did learn a lot. I'm about to query the hell out of some agents. haha. I have enough published short stories that I won't be a complete failure. *feels like a complete failure*

Anyway, I know it is a bit late for collab posts, but I just want to state that I am always interested in them. I know that I haven't met/befriended A LOT of members in this RP, but I just want to be open in my interest. I know that a lot of you know each other and are comfortable with each other. So, I'm going to try to slip myself in there. At least, so you guys feel open to hitting me up in future plots.

TL;DR: I'm going to post tomorrow.

• Thank You
Reactions: Brovo
SO! You may all be wondering why you all each got a PM! Here comes the fun part of this role play, where I let you off your leash and give you full control over what you do from here on out.

"B-But, Brovo-chan, I am in a room being given questions to answer by some gruff Russian-sounding asshole."

Yes. Yes you are.

"B-But, Brovo-san, what choices do I have then if you are directing everything?"

I said you have full control over what you do. I didn't say you existed in a void without consequences.

"Okay. Can I at least understand the point of this?"

CAN DO!

#1: In the first OOC post there is a list of characters. There, you can see a field beside each one called "Faction." What you do and say influences your relationships with various factions. Relationships with NPC's who represent or who are part of various factions also influences your relationships with said factions. If you become affiliated with a faction, it will be listed there.
#2: Your relationships with any faction affects every other faction's perception of you. If you're simply out for the highest bidder, none of them are likely to trust you, but so long as you don't do anything to severely harm their interests, neither will they largely act against you. If you affiliate yourself to one particular cause or group of people, they'll likely start to trust and help you, but at the detriment of everyone else.
#3: Most missions typically require you to have some sort of affiliation or relationship with a faction of some sort. It is conceivably possible to do things without a faction, but that does largely defeat the purpose of this role play.
#4: There are more factions than what was introduced in the first OOC post which you can discover. Additionally, factions can grow stronger or weaker, and even completely die off, depending on what happens in the story.

Also, this should be made clear now, once and for all: It is possible to make the wrong choice. It is possible to sabotage yourself so badly that you're no longer capable of effectively having any say in the events of the story. If that happens, your character will likely not survive much longer. Be careful what you do and say, and remember that NPC's can help you access missions and gear and information and other such things you might not otherwise get.

However, whatever you do from here on out, is up to you. I'll just feed information as it becomes appropriate.

Oh, right, and I'm hoping to have the next IC post up by Saturday the 16th. This PM session really won't take long to do, it should only be around six responses total (3 from me, 3 from you, assuming things go the way I think they will. They might not, obviously.) Don't be late now. It's bad to keep The Coalition waiting when they want to help you, so much.

"Wait! Brovo-ferret! What is with the bible quote instead of a usual player quote?"

... Oh, no reason for it. Why would you go and think such things?

EDIT

Also yes those PM's are collabs. Reply to them.​

Last edited:
OKAY! Factions. This shouldn't be too complicated, but it is probably necessary for me to explain how this storyline works so y'all can figure out what to do when your PM interrogations are over. (Thus why I have spent the last couple days not responding—figured to get this done pronto.)

This story has multiple parts (think of them as akin to TV episodes) divided into two parts—autonomous free-form hubs, and missions.

Free-Form Hubs: Depend on player autonomy to get things done. Hub areas are areas of varying degrees of safety with no particular objectives to accomplish or complete, in which a character is able to pursue their own interests and information on future missions/current factions. This is an important note about how this entire system works, so keep this in mind: Factions exist in-universe and everyone is at least aware that they are there. Thus, looking for them when getting involved with affairs that affect the entire bunker is not only natural, but easily justifiable IC. "I am looking for [faction X/Representatives/NPC's/et cetera]" is completely coherent.

If you need a set of objectives or ideas for personal objectives, keep in mind that it's generally assumed that your character wants to progress the story. As mentioned several times before in this OOC and over various IM services, attempting to go it alone is a quick way to get yourself terminated, so in order to progress the story, you will generally have to work with factions. Each faction has its own ulterior motives and ideological slant, that often makes it difficult to work with—or, in most cases—outright impossible to cooperate with the other factions. Depending on what you do for one faction, it may affect your ability to swap to other factions later.

(Ex: Working with The Coalition is an expedient way to totally eliminate your ability to work with U-ARM. Working with the Old Guard makes all the other factions suspicious of you. Searching out and working for other hidden factions may make The Coalition take notice and you'll take penalties with them in the future. Et cetera.)

Your actions, and your relationships with factions, also help to control what types of abilities and skills you can unlock later down the line as well. Working with The Coalition grants access to more advanced technologies, for instance.

A few things you likely should try to do...
  • Search out NPC's you've spoken with. Nearly all of them are part of factions. The mysterious stranger with orange eyes, Carolyn, Morai, Slavic guy who interrogated debriefed all of you, Mouse, et cetera.
  • Develop your relationships with players in other factions as well as your own. (It can strengthen ties or provide unique opportunities to resolve things in ways you might not be able to otherwise.)
  • Search for information on what the other factions are looking for next.
  • Ask factions or NPC's you've done favours for, to return said favours and help you with acquisitions of equipment, or the training of skills, or the development of mutant powers.
  • Search out for hidden factions.
  • Attempt to gain blackmail or secrets via favours with certain parties (ex: Mouse), which you may use to protect yourself later.
  • Develop your relationships with certain NPC's so if you end up on an opposite faction later, they might spare you instead of killing you.
  • Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Ultimately, to progress the story, you're looking to get into a mission. Factions usually compete over missions, then maintain a tenuous peace in Bunker Chicago. Depending on which faction you choose, your mission objectives will be altered to represent that. Sometimes factions are allied (loosely), sometimes they aren't. What you do in missions can affect those relationships as well. (So if you're a loose cannon lunatic who shoots civilians left and right, either The Coalition will take a hit to their relationship with the Old Guard, or they'll fire you, if not outright kill you.)

A faction has two objectives.
  1. Survive & Propegate.
  2. Gain or maintain whatever power they have over Bunker Chicago and the local area.

They (within their ideological constraints) will pay any price to achieve these objectives, until it is clear that one faction has obtained total, unquestionable supremacy over the local area. At which point, depending on how it was achieved, an ending to the story is triggered shortly thereafter, which includes resolving any surviving player character arcs.

The current factions are...
  • The Coalition.
  • The Old Guard.
  • U-ARM.
  • Two Hidden Factions: One related to the Orange Fog, one related to "the Foreigner." These hidden factions are whispered about at present, but none know anything specifically about them.

Bosho's faction has essentially ceased to exist with the death (confirmed or rumoured it doesn't matter) of Bosho himself.

5/6 Factions Remain.

Missions: In these sections, you have clear objectives to achieve depending on which faction you work for—both primary, and secondary. However, while attempting to achieve objectives, how you achieve them matters. Being a brutal cutthroat will likely ensure that you accomplish objectives more often, but less people will like you. Stopping to help the injured will slow you down, but more people will like you. Completing more side objectives will make the faction you work for look upon you more, but other factions might start dismissing you as a loyalist lapdog to one faction. Et cetera.

It is entirely possible to accomplish some objectives in a manner that manages to avoid pissing off other factions, or in a manner in which your own faction will consider it a failure due to resources or lives expended. Factions do not have unlimited manpower or resources. It is possible for a faction to take too high a casualty rate or lose too many resources to consider any accomplished objective a victory.

Summary
  • Step 1: You get debriefed from your last mission.
  • Step 2: You enter a hub area, and search out a faction or specific NPC's to build relationships and gain access to the next mission.
  • Step 3: You do the next mission, starting conditions determined by how well or poorly the faction is doing.
  • Step 4: How (or even if) you accomplish objectives in a mission (or how you manage damage control upon failure) determines your reputation. There are such things as "popular losers" and "unpopular winners" depending on what you do.
  • Step 5: Escape the mission zone.
  • Step 6: Repeat step 1 with all the information you learned in the previous missions.

That's about it really.

If you have any further questions, simply ask in the Discord server's #the_last_bastion channel (link to the Discord server is at the top of the first OOC post) or leave a question here in the OOC.

With this posted, I can now continue the collabs. Whether that will start later this evening or tomorrow morning is up in the air—I still have a lot of studying to do on my end for IRL shit.

Thanks for your patience everyone. This is a complex narrative to write, and as such, it benefits from patience and thoughtfulness. Both on my part, and yours.

Just don't forget about the Children of Sodom. That will come up a lot more later.

• Love
Reactions: Rain of the Night
I just want to say I'm really loving the debriefing posts. It allows us to view the characters for who they really are :D +1

My condolences to Brovo's inbox doe.

I will be putting mine up any time soon (It's ready, just need to reformat and shit into a post)

"so wat is this GM IC post and how do I do??"

A'ight. So. In the GM IC post, you'll see an italicized title, followed with the description of an area. These are scenes. Each scene is an area of interest you can enter to interact with various characters, and through them, their related factions. All you have to do to start pursuing relations with a faction in a scene is...​
  • A. Send your characters there with a simple, short post in the IC, and I'll send you a PM of a character reacting to your presence, thus getting the ball rolling on a collaborative post where you can start to talk of joining a faction.
  • B. Send me a PM of your character walking into the scene of choice, and I'll reply.
Q. Can I choose a different scene than the ones listed? (Ex: Talking to Mouse, talking to Ryan Dufont, et cetera.)
A. Yes, of course. Just send a PM.

Q. There's a lot of collaborative posts in hub areas.
A. This is normal for hub areas. It allows for rapid, personal conversations, without spamming an IC with several pages of one-dialogue line responses. It can also allow deals in secret, which don't end up making it to the IC. That may be important for some characters/players. This contrasts to missions, however, in which (with a few exceptions), solo posts are the norm and should be used to preserve an overall sense of pacing.

Q. I don't know what to do. I don't have all the information on each of my choices—how do I know that I'm making the right choice?
A. You don't. You'll have to get into the head of your character and role play. :ferret:

Q. What happens if my character learns about a faction and decides not to join them?
A. Best case scenario is you have enough time to send another PM in a different scene. If that's not possible due to time constraints, you'll have to deal with defaulting to The Old Guard or The Coalition, as they would be the only two factions willing to take in people at the last minute.

Q. Hey wait, where's my phat lewt and ep0c levels??
A. Tutorial mission doesn't give you any. Your interactions and friendships with factions will. Think carefully about how you want to develop them: Some factions will be better suited for some things than others. On that, I'll leave you to figure it out.

Q. I haven't posted my interrogation yet.
A. That's alright, that likely means I fell behind on you. Check your PM box, I've likely sent you a response already. If I haven't, send me a PM reminding me to reply. You still have time to get your interrogation done. Once it's done, you can start pursuing scenes.

Q. Can there be multiple people in one particular scene?
A. Yes. In fact, you may want to consider safety in numbers. Remember that the only people you can talk to and absolutely trust the intentions of are other PC's. Every NPC has an agenda.

Q. When is the mission starting?
A. Depends on how quickly everyone gets their PM's done. I'll cut it off at a month however. So the 14th​ next month is the longest I'm willing to wait to post. I will warn ahead of time if the cutoff date becomes sooner as opposed to later.

Q. Is a month the normal amount of time for these hub sections?
A. Yes. Gives people time to change their minds, interact with each other, et cetera. Since it's a variable time frame as well, if most people are done, say, in a week, I can cut the hub time in half. If people want to spend their time fluffing out and developing character relationships instead, they get time to do that without the immediate threat of death hanging over their heads.

Q. Could it go on longer for a month?
A. Potentially yes, but I don't see how this hub section will. This hub section is mostly just introductions and picking sides--I can't imagine it being complex enough to need more than two weeks, leave alone a month. However, I'm being generous with time in case people want to develop relationships that I can't see, or in case life comes and kicks me in the ass again. :ferret:

Reminder: It's been over a week, and the following players have yet to sent a collaborative post specifying which faction they would like to interact with from the GM IC post.

@Tyrannosaurus Rekt
@RedWillow
@HerziQuerzi
@Maxim
@WhisperingWillows

Just wanted to inquire as to why, or give a quick reminder to do so. After this is all done, we'll be moving onto the next mission, and which faction you choose to join will help influence your starting conditions. :ferret:

Reactions: Pahndemic
Oh, didn't realize we were supposed to do that.

Still trying to decide between the Coalition and the Old Guard though, tough choice. :/

I quite frankly don't know, brain aneurysm? I will admit to being a bit preoccupied this past week, but I wasn't doing anything important. Binge watched Stranger Things. Lost my dog. Found my dog. Gave my dog a bath. Did a bunch of meal prep. Cardio. Cleaned some short stories up to submit to a few anthologies. One time I took a nap on the couch, woke up, forgot where I was and panicked. I don't take naps, usually. Got in some poison ivy and have been hating the skin on my legs. Yep. That's my life. Also. My Grammerly just wanted to change "hating" to "eating." Somewhere, somehow it thought I was an auto-cannibal.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I'll get on it pronto, and I'll get that collab up. I don't know why I have a mental blind spot to PMs, but I do.

Biographical

Name: Catheryn
Sex: Female
Family & Friends: Carolyn (she hopes) and random TC scientists that helped raise her.
Appearance:
a72424f7dada2f9e00e6ee3d5ad08841.jpg

Credit to Dawid Ancora

Biography:All Ryn remembers from her childhood are white lab coats and the same green glow she has today. She grew up in The Coalition labs and still attempts to help them now. They kept her safe from the Great Unknown Beyond the Wall, and she was grateful for it. Occasionally she would be sent to be a sentry and fight off any raiders, but typically she was kept in the labs to aid her particular lab in the quest to improve the senses and abilities of the average person. It didn't normally go to well, but she lived to tell her tale and was fed well enough so she didn't complain.

She has received self defense training as well as many, many lessons in weaponry. It was always to see how her mutations would aid her in these areas. Close quarters combat was soon abandoned as the impact from another person would overwhelm her tactile senses and the body odor of her assailant was sometimes more effective than their punches or kicks. It was soon learned that sniper work was her best use as she could pinpoint targets with her advanced hearing and the facilities of her visor.

As she grew older she began to help the scientists in the lab in small ways, but never pursued a study of her own. When asked she brushes it off as too much reading and writing, two things she is weak at. This isn't to say she can't read or write, she will be offended if such a thing is insinuated. Fiddling with the focus of both her mind and her visor is often not worth the trouble in her opinion. She speaks beyond her literacy rate which sometimes sets her apart from those outside of TC Labs. Groups of unfamiliar people overwhelm her with their new smells and voices, especially when they forget their inside voices. She's amicable beyond this, and is happy to chitchat with one or two individuals at a go if they respect her needs.

Mutagens in DNA?: Yes
Mutagens Active?:Yes

Technical

(You get a total of 12 points to spend. Keep in mind that, whatever you choose to invest your points in, can be manipulated and countered. You can also invest multiple points into a single ability or item to make it have greater value. If you spend no points in Grunt, delete Grunt Equipment and Instinct. If you spend no points in Listener, delete Random Mutations and Stages of Awakening. If you spend two or less points in Pilot, delete the Vehicle.)

Grunt: 7
  • I've got you in my sights: (2) Her equipped visor helps guide her mutations in finding her target and properly executing her missions. It can provide basic geographic information (such as elevation, speed, and Cardinal direction) while also giving her a better (blue tinted) view of the world around her. It doesn't give her full sight, but it gives her enough to be able to aim and shoot.
  • Echo chamber: (3) The aforementioned visor acts as her spotter. There is an AI programmed into the visor and attached headphones which assists Ryn in aiming and timing her shots. It's also pretty good company now that she outside the lab.
  • Bad News travels fast: (2) TC has given Ryn a sniper rifle that fires at the same rate of sound, if not faster. She's well versed in its nuances and is capable of repairing it (given enough time and materials).

Grunt Equipment
  • Primary Weapon: Bad News - Sniper rifle
  • Secondary Weapon: Standard TC sidearm
  • Personal Armour: Light layers that help keep her body temperature steady and a bullet proof vest.
  • Additional Gear: Visor

Instinct

Listener: 5
  • Did you say that?: Can pick up on fainter noises than most. Ryn can not only pick up these noises, but almost instantly memorizes what made the sound. This also means she is near a virtuoso in musical instruments, not that it helps her survive.
  • Or did I?: She has gone from hearing and pinpointing these sounds to being able to almost perfectly imitate them, even if the sound originated from a machine or animal.
  • Echo, echo, echolocation: To a rough extent Ryn can move through her world by utilizing the same echolocation used by the descendants of bats. It's not perfect, but it's enough to help her through the world.
  • Rough as silk: In addition to being able to hear things beyond that of the average human, Ryn can mark minute details in objects. She can tell who someone is by the texture of their hair or their hands. Callouses are maps to her and haircuts freak her out. She knows her rifle from any other rifle.
  • You forgot to shower this morning: Not only can Ryn tell people from their voice or hands, she can often sniff people and monsters out. She's basically a bloodhound when she activates this mutation.

Random Mutations
  • I can't see without my glasses: If Cathryn doesn't have her visor on everything is reduced to faint glowing spheres. The color never changes and remains a dusty green no matter where she is. Her echolocation helps combat this, but a sock in her mouth nullifies her only hope.

Stages of Awakening

Pilot: 0

Faction

Faction Affiliations
  • The Old Guard:
  • The Coalition:
  • U-ARM:
  • Red Star:
  • Children of Eve:

Requisitions

Signature:
Seba

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Pahn
Approved @Seba now go pick a faction from the latest GM post and start a collab and what not. :ferret:

Biographical

Name: Carter

Sex: Male

Family & Friends: His brother "Mark" is his only living family.

Appearance:
[BCOLOR=transparent]
4ea39497e89bb504d8851f1b1702600a.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Standing at 5' 10 and weighing 150 pounds, Carter is of fairly average build. He has pale blue eyes, and his roughly cut blonde hair shows his prioritization of functionality over aesthetics. He shaves when convenient, which is usually every couple days. His body bears signs of many fights. He has scars left by everything from being shot, to being slashed across the back with a machete.[/BCOLOR]

Biography: Born in the harsh city of Chicago, Carter is not much different than the rest of the population. He has lived a hard and strenuous life where seeing the next sunrise is never a certainty and everyone must take steps to secure their future. Fortunately for Carter, he was born to those who knew how to survive. A local gang of bandits known for quick and severe acts of violence and a zero tolerance for weakness policy. In this new world was no room for those who couldn't survive on their own. This was the philosophy he was raised on. Survival at all costs. No one else's life is worth as much as your own, and to take a life is to prolong your own. He took to these lessons well, inheriting his groups ideals as well as their violent nature. When he turned 25, he decided to leave the group. He had always preferred to be alone and saw it to be in his best interest. He still occasionally works with them.

Mutagens in DNA?: Yes
Mutagens Active?: No

Technical

Grunt: (9)
  • Patience is A Virtue: [BCOLOR=transparent]Having spent many hours sitting and waiting in a blown out building overlooking the world, Carter is incredibly patient. He can go hours without moving an inch. (1)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Nobody Hides Like Carter: Carter has become incredibly adept at concealing himself without the use of advanced technology. With a combination of time and a handful of camouflaging aides, Carter can become exceptionally difficult to detect. (This mostly applies to when he is bunkered down and hiding in a position) (1)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Precise Projectile Placement Prevents Phailure: Carter is an excellent marksman capable of using his rifle to the full extent that it is capable. With proper aim placement and firing discipline he can hit what he's aiming at. (3)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Always Vigilant: Carter is always exceptionally aware of any sound, movement, or smell he, or those around him make. He has a knack for spotting far off targets and threats where others [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]may not. (1)[/BCOLOR]
  • Super Secret Sneaky Suit: Carter has a special suit of armour that while providing limited protection, allows him to regulate his body heat and pulse as it appears to the world around him. It also can easily change colors and patterns to fit his surroundings.
  • Claymore mines: Directional anti-personel mines that can either be set to trigger on a laser tripwire, or via remote detonator.

Grunt Equipment
  • Primary Weapon: Gallows Humor. A .50 caliber anti-material rifle. Carter's weapon of choice. Highly accurate and capable of retaining killing power at extreme ranges, its greatly complimentary to Carter's capabilities with a rifle.
  • Secondary Weapon: MP9 SMG. Compact SMG with a high rate of fire and folding stock.
  • Personal Armour: [BCOLOR=transparent]Super Secret Sneaky Suit. (Light armour)[/BCOLOR]
  • Additional Gear: Armour Piercing Ammo, [BCOLOR=transparent]lighter, canteen, backpack, gas mask with filters, Emergency rations, camouflage aids, ammo for his guns, cold weather clothing, basic first aid kit, binoculars, knife.[/BCOLOR]
Instinct

Instinct - Too Quiet: You've survived for ages on the run, sometimes alone. No equipment to help you in this cold, terrible world. So it's all about listening for trouble, or, sometimes, the lackthereof... (Character has a small chance of automatically detecting a character in stealth near them, even if they produce no sight or sound to alert the character. This applies to both hostile and friendly targets.)

Instinct - Small Fish, Large Teeth: You are constantly looked down on. Just another Grunt, how could you handle fighting enemies two times your size, or who drive around in massive vehicles? You are constantly underestimated, and that's their folly now, isn't it? (If enemies haven't seen your character do anything hostile, your character gets a surprise advantage against them. They may also ignore your character to go after more important targets, depending on how threatening your character is.)

Listener: (0)

Pilot: (3)
  • Eyes in the Sky: A pair of small, flying, recon drones about the size of a football. They are controlled via a forearm mounted computer. They give a live feed to Carter, but also feed information to a modified gas mask creating an Augmented Realty Interface that appears to Carter as targets highlighted through walls and other obstructions. Confirmed friendlies appear in green, hostiles in red, and unconfirmed entities in yellow. (3)

Faction

Faction Affiliations
  • The Old Guard: Distrusts. ("A violent, heartless fool, who will find himself with few friends and many enemies.") (This will never change.)
  • The Coalition: Allied. ("A tool of the State is more than useful.")
  • U-ARM: Hostile. ("You're a weapon, without a mind of its own; only useful as a lesson to others why you do not mess with the righteous.")
  • Red Star: Hostile. ("You killed one of our own. The Red Dragon will be waiting for the moment you close your eyes to sleep.")
  • Children of Eve: Neutral. ("There is something inside you that could be made to much greater things...")

Requisitions

Adrik Ivanov (The Coalition): There is great potential yet for this one, if there's more to them than a desire for slaughter and power.

Signature: Potatocat

Last edited:
Oh, thank you so much I was looking for a way for all p's, but I was tired.

Now time to finish the cs for your rp.....

• Kiku: "You drive me craaa-zy. Yooou drive me craaaa~aaaazy" (Denial, Seeks to distract any way possible.)

Hewitt Zeigler: "I don't much know you. You didn't make waves in the last mission, but that's not a bad thing either, handsome. " (Neutral)

Aleska Volkov: "You got a kid at home, huh? And a Listener too? Guess that means I gotta watch your back, momma-bear." (Positive)

Peter: "A bit of a chicken shit, aintcha? Dunno why you're sticking around, after that first showing; but maybe you've got a backbone hidden up there somewhere. It'd be a shame to waste that handsome face on a chicken shit." (Distrusting, Curious)

Box Copter: "You're kinda pretty for a fella, but ain't nothing wrong with that. There is something wrong with you and those other goons going AWOL though. Leave the disappearing act to me." (Neutral-to-distrusting, curious)

Ozymandius: "O...Ozzi...Ozo...I'm going to stick with Oz." (Neutral)

Robert 'Bob' Coffery: "A bit old for my tastes, but you're a pretty cool guy; y'know? I might stick with you for a while; see what tricks I can pick up from another old dog." (Friendly, Interested)

Gabriel Desrochers: "Hell-ooooo, handsome. Don't suppose you have any other toys knockin' about, do ya?" (Neutral)

Florence Morgenstern: "Y'know, you kinda got them crazy eyes. I'd normally say it's cus you're one of them religious types... but... I mean, Marie's not bad for one of those religious types; and you do have a flaming sword..." (Neutral, Curious- although mostly in the flaming sword)

Shlan Fletcher: "Hey, you're not half-bad lookin' under all that armour. I'm more of a 'Shoot-once' kinda gal personally, but I wouldn't mind...watching you work sometimes." (Neutral, Curious)

Tristan Sovres: "You're the Tank-guy, right? Neat-o. Can I drive?" (Neutral)

Dimas Roul Pokorny: "You kinda spend a lot of time mopin', you know that?" (Neutral)

Catheryn 'Ryn': "Oooh, another Pretty Listener; me likey." (Neutral, Curious)

• Carolyn Antoinette: "You might be my boss at the moment, but you ain't all stuffy like other leader-types. I'm down with that." (Likes, Attracted to)

Devin Antoinette: "Please don't shoot me if I sleep with your daughter." (Neutral, Scared of)

Marie Black: "You realise I'm basically working with the Old Guard because of you, right? Would working with TC be so bad?" (Extremely Loyal to, treats as a pseudo-maternal figure)

Ryan Dufont: "I reaaaaally don't do well with you big-shot types. Can we just go back to...anywhere else?" (Neutral, Scared of, Distrusting, has not met yet [Opinion is formed second hand from overhearing conversations between Marie and Devin.])

Jenive Rousseau: "I know some of the Old Guard see you as a bad guy, but I can't blame you for following your gut; and you want to help people, which is pretty cool. Also, you have a jet-pack, and I wanna see you naked; so..." (Likes, Attracted to)

Adrik Ivankov: "I mean, you were straight with me; and I respect that. Not really my type though, and you look like the strict, bossy type." (Neutral)

Bosho: "If I could have just got my hands on you, I'd have made you scream every second you stole from me and my mom. If you are dead, consider yourself lucky I never found you. If you're alive, then I'm going to make you regret that." (Pure and unadulterated hatred)

Morai Lee: "It's hard to trust a man who ran away at the first sign of danger, but you were just protecting your own skin. Dunno if that makes you smart, or a coward; but I'll be keepin' an eye on you." (Neutral-to-Distrust)

Evelynn Tenebris: "???" (Neutral. Has not met yet)

Mouse: "It's kinda sad, that you don't really get to run about or anything. If you wanna go on a stroll sometime, just gimme a call." (Neutral, pities)

Because one of these normally sparks more, and because I like these things anyway...

For the lazy among us; a gift.

[tabs]
[tab=Player Characters]

Kiku:

Hewitt Zeigler:

Aleska Volkov:

Peter:

Box Copter:

Ozymandius:

Robert 'Bob' Coffery:

Gabriel Desrochers:

Florence Morgenstern:

Shlan Fletcher:

Tristan Sovres:

Dimas Roul Pokorny:

Catheryn 'Ryn':

[/tab]
[tab=Non Player Characters]
Carolyn Antoinette:

Devin Antoinette:

Marie Black:

Ryan Dufont:

Jenive Rousseau:

Adrik Ivankov:

Bosho:

Morai Lee:

Evelynn Tenebris:

Mouse:

[/tab]
[/tabs]

• Love
Reactions: Pahn
Name: Russell Johnson
Appearance: Tall, pale, gaunt and bald. Russell looks much older than he actually is, and almost always seems sick. He constantly wears a respirator that filters out bacteria, and always has immune boosters at hand, which he needs to take with every meal. His grey eyes, in contrast, are filled with a constant determination, despite being near constantly ringed with tired bags.
Mutagens in DNA?: None
Mutagens Active?: None

Vehicle?: No

• "Before humanity can be free, it must first be safe."
    Russell Johnson is somewhat of a tragic figure to most that know him. A determined yet fragile man who wouldn't let his own weaknesses hold him back from improving the state of humanity as a whole. When he was young, Russell had been exposed to high levels of radiation, albeit for a short while. This led to him having Acute Radiation Sickness, which ravaged his immune system and gave him various other horrible problems that would lead to most others to wish for death. Despite the constant pain and fear for his life, Russell grew from the experience, having learned that freedom is nowhere near as important as safety. This experience made him look up to the members of the Coalition as the only sane and logical individuals in the wastes.
    He spent the next years of his life learning how to become a functioning member of society, despite his constant illness. He learned how to incorporate cybernetics into SST's to not only help him combat his weak immune system, but also to help him pursue a career as a Grunt. He learned how to use various weapons, and how to maintain and repair weapons and armour, which he used in various tech shops in Bunker Chicago to help him earn enough to purchase the tech he needs to work as a scavenger and scout.

• Faction:
    The Old Guard: Distrusted. ("Do you even question what they tell you?...")
    The Coalition: Allied. ("What few times you break orders are fully understandable. There is no doubt you serve in the greater interests of The Coalition.")
    U-ARM: Distrusted. ("A broken man who uses the technology of his masters to murder and maim in the name of totalitarian slavery.")
    Red Star: Neutral. ("We have no reason to care strongly about you, or your foolish life choices.")
    Children of Eve: Distrusted. ("A Child of Sodom will never understand our struggles, and our suffering, underneath the boots of his masters...") (This will never improve.)

Interpersonal:

Jenive Rousseau

• Strengths (Grunt):

Rifleman (1):
    Rank One - Russell is trained in the use of most mundane firearms, such as rifles and pistols.
    Heavy Gunner (2):
    Rank One - Russell is trained in the use of heavy man-portable weapons and turret mounted weapons, such as heavy machine guns, rocket launchers, and flamethrowers.
    Rank Two - Russell has gained some specialization in heavy weapons, increasing his accuracy, reload time, and ability to carry them with one hand when not using them, freeing up a hand to do other tasks.
    Field Mechanic (1):
    Rank One - Russell has the ability to do basic field repairs to mechanical equipment. When not in the field, and given enough time and resources, he can perform adequate repairs to equipment that he has knowledge of.
    Human Tank (3):
    Rank One - Russell's main lifeline is his customized SST. A set of heavy armour modified with servos and medical care systems, such as antibiotics injectors in case of injury.
    Rank Two - Russell has further upgraded his armour, increasing the strength of his servos to allow the ability to carry and use heavy weapons on foot, and extra plating on the armour.
    Rank Three - The armour has recieved even more upgrades, optimizing the servo response time, as well as adding a minor HUD to the helmet's visor which displays his vital signs, a rudimentary ammunition tracker for his primary weapon, and a motion tracker.
    Heavy Metal (3):
    Rank One - Russell's primary weapon is a Light Machine Gun, more specifically a SAW. This allows him to put down heavy suppressive fire on targets for extended periods of time.
    Rank Two - Russell's primary weapon is upgraded to a six-barreled, gatling-styled rotary machine gun, or more accurately a minigun. This has a massively increased rate of fire and a larger ammunition capacity, but the reload time is increased signifigantly.
    Rank Three - The magazine capacity for the minigun is doubled, increasing the intervals between reload times. The weapon is also modified to be able to take box magazines. These are much smaller than the standard belt drums the system usually uses, which cuts down on load times, but also has a greatly decreased ammo capacity compared to the belt drums.
    Specialized Ammunition (2):
    Rank One - Russell gains access to special ammo types, of which he carries one extra magazine per ammo type. The first rank includes Incendiary ammunition
    Rank Two - Russell's ammunition types increase to include Armor-Piercing ammunition.

Strengths (Listener): None

Strengths (Pilot): None

Instinct - Too Quiet: You've survived for ages on the run, sometimes alone.No equipment to help you in this cold, terrible world. So it's all about listening for trouble, or, sometimes, the lackthereof... (Character has a small chance of automatically detecting a character in stealth near them, even if they produce no sight or sound to alert the character. This applies to both hostile and friendly targets.)

Instinct - Small Fish, Large Teeth: You are constantly looked down on. Just another Grunt, how could you handle fighting enemies two times your size, or who drive around in massive vehicles? You are constantly underestimated, and that's their folly now, isn't it? (If enemies haven't seen your character do anything hostile, your character gets a surprise advantage against them. They may also ignore your character to go after more important targets, depending on how threatening your character is.)

Instinct - Too Stubborn To Die: You've an uncanny knack for survival even in the darkest of hours. (Once a mission, a lethal hit instead becomes a regular wound. It could be anywhere between moderate to crippling. It also takes longer for your character to bleed out.)

Requisitions
    Jenive Rousseau (The Coalition): He risked his life for her, and she's risked her life for him. There is no second thought in her mind about whether or not she can trust her back to him, and she will care for him as she does any other member of her squad.

• Primary Weapon
    5.56 200-round capable minigun

Secondary Weapon
    9mm semi-automatic pistol

Armour
    Heavy Armour SST

Ammunition
    Two 200-round belts
    Two 100-round belts
    Four 50-round box magazines
    One 100-round belt containing incendiary rounds
    One 100-round belt containing armour-piercing rounds
    One large metal ammo backpack

Various Equipment
    Breath filter
    Backpack
    Field Repair Kit
    Rations
    Medkits
    Immuno Boosters

Other: When not on a mission, Russell still wears his rebreather. If it becomes damaged, he has ways to temporarily repair it on the field.

Signature: DeadAxl

I will format it properly later, cant do it well on mobile, apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.