Which faction do you think you'll join later in the RP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Brovo Will the long distance penalty have a large impact on her ability to lay down covering fire as well, or mostly just affect her attempts to specifically hit an enemy?

Posted this in the wrong thread god
Specifically hit an enemy. Covering fire isn't really meant to be accurate, it's just meant to be a punishing spray of fire that's both parts intimidating and dangerous.

@Brovo BUT I NEED TO FLICK THAT SWITCH! I mean, come on... We all knew I had the right answer :ferret:

Hehehe thanks. If the scrolling can be too much for you guys, I can change it to where the background is static. I am also going to use this box for the IC so, if you have objections to it now, let me know~
On both my PC and my tablet, the div box extends off the side of the screen without the option to scroll, meaning I lose a word or two every line. The easiest way to fix this, I think, would be to replace the 800px in your coding with 100%, so that it will scale with any width of screen, just as the website itself does.

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
(Post 2/2)

Loading. . .

Loading. . .

Data packets delivered. Orders received.

• To: Any and all members of the mission.

We have over six hundred people running this operation. As such, to maintain a rational order within the three organized units, each one is being broken up further into squads. Arrowhead will be comprised of fifty soldiers, the body will be comprised of three hundred, and artillery comprised of two hundred and fifty.

Everyone within the same squad will be given wrist communicators connected to ear pieces. They can communicate verbally, or if sound would be an issue, through text in the wrist communicators. They do have an optimal broadcast range of thirty miles. This means you will be able to receive communications from Bunker Chicago, but won't be able to send any back while within city limits.

Additionally, due to unforeseen weather complications, everyone will be issued gas masks. Put them on before you enter the fog. Visual conditions imply that effective sight has been cut to under twenty feet. This will be an advantage against their defensive turrets, but a disadvantage in knowing your position. It's a ripe time for an ambush, and U-ARM for all its patriotic bluster loves to prey on circumstances like these.

From: Marie Black, head of TOG security and military operations.

-------------------------------------

To: Kiku, Robert, Morai, Shlan, Peter, Carolyn, Jenive, Hewitt, Gabriel, Dennis, Phelan, Ozymandias, Aleksa, Convict, Dimas, Mouse, Box.

You are all part of Squad 2, assigned to the Body group. There are ten squads in total, each with their own orders to carry out. Here is your manifest. For those unfamiliar with our codes, Primary objectives must be completed for an operation to be considered successful. Secondary objectives are important and should be accomplished at any cost save for Primary objectives, but their loss can be managed. Tertiary objectives are "bonuses" of a sort, which, if you accomplish it, will be highly appreciated and rewarded, but which are not required of you.
    1. Primary: Follow Arrowhead into Bosho's fortress, but wait until they give the go ahead to do so.
    2. Primary: Penetrate Bosho's Fortress and secure the compound for later analysis.
    3. Primary: Kill Bosho. If he dies, his raiders will scatter, and not trouble us in any serious way again.
    4. Secondary: Protect Carolyn Antoinette. She's the inheritor to the Antoinette Family's power base. Her loss would destabilize politics in Bunker Chicago, to the detriment of everyone involved. She is also your squad leader.
    5. Tertiary: Ensure Carolyn Antoinette tank survives. It is carrying devices specifically to analyze information about the fog, and will be recording data of many types throughout the duration of the mission. If the tank is lost, at least recover its Black Box—some of the data will be there, though not all of it.
    6. Tertiary: Ensure none of your squad's vehicles are lost. We can recover them and repair them, or replace them entirely—modifications and all—but it's expensive, and would not be an appreciated cost on the part of TC.
    7. Tertiary: Whoever brings Bosho's head to Marie Black will get a great reward in wealth, property, and liquor. There's pre-apocalypse liquor in her stores, some of the last that remains anywhere on the continent.

As always, orders may change as the situation requires. Carolyn Antoinette will be your squad leader, she will issue new orders if the situation changes.

Mouse has compiled a list of personnel records for some of your squad mates for all of you to review at your own discretion. As you know, The Coalition keeps public records on all who live within the Bunker as part of their yearly census, to ensure every bunker gets its "fair share." If you don't know who Mouse is, you will come to know him in time, he runs many of the electronics of Bunker Chicago at a civilian level. He cannot issue you any orders, he is not part of the chain of command.

Happy hunting, Squad 2.

From: Marie Black, head of TOG security and military operations.

PS: Mouse will doubtlessly tamper with the records. He's... Eccentric GENIUS!
  • Name: Richard Zachery Bloust. "Mouse."
    Sex: Male.
    Appearance:
    • Height: 5'7"
    • Weight: 105 LBS.
    • Hair colour: Brown.
    • Hair style: Short.
    • Eye colour: Brown.
    • Ethnicity: Caucasian.
    • Non-Combat Dress: Will generally be found in jeans of various states of repair and sleeveless tank tops. He wears a pair of goggles on his head at all times, ones gifted to him by [REDACTED].
    • Combat Gear: Mouse? Combat? Ha! Fat chance. I am a non-combatant through and through and if handed any firearm, I'm more likely to hurt myself with it than others... I swear.
    Strengths
    • Information Broker: Mouse has, what can only be assumed to be, a large network of informants within every organization that operates inside the Bunker. He can find nearly any secret for nearly any price, and his catalogue updates on a regular basis. Chances are, whatever secrets you have, he knows them—he just hasn't sold them, or found it too distasteful to sell them.
    • Master of Electronics: There is no contraption with circuitry and wires that Mouse cannot operate and hack. Even The Coalition keeps tabs on him, as all but their most secretive communications can and sometimes do end up hacked by Mouse.
    • Kill Me and it all goes Live!: A benefit to being a master of secrets, Mouse has made it known that he has dirty laundry on pretty much everyone and anyone of any sort of importance or lethal capacity in the Bunker. Even if someone wanted to kill him, it would be against their interest—and the interests of many others—to allow such a death to occur... So don't even think about it!
    • Favours: Mouse has a lot of favours he can call upon to help people who ask for it. These include a few favours with The Old Guard's military resources.
    • Part Machine: One of the few who possesses cybernetic implants, though he uses them simply to interface with machines. Machines of all kinds. Most simply use a laptop of some type to hack machines. Mouse can use his mind to hack machines.
    Weaknesses
    • Odd: Mouse is... Odd. He grew up closer to machines than most people. He suffers from a desperate loneliness that often has him making random calls to random people just so he can hear their voices.
    • Sickly: The Coalition discovered and quickly made public that Mouse is suffering from a degenerative disease, as a result of mutagens that have taken their course. The effect has been stopped, but the deterioration continues. Mouse only has, at the most, five years to live, and he is bound to a wheelchair.
    • Carolyn...: [REDACTED]
    • Cowardly Smart: The few times Mouse's life has been put in vital harm, he has locked up and panicked. If Mouse ever feels that he's in trouble and that his hideout and secrets won't keep him safe, he will panic until the situation can be resolved.
  • Name: Carolyn Antoinette.
    Sex: Female.
    Appearance:
    • Height: 5'8"
    • Weight: 145 LBS.
    • Hair colour: Golden blonde.
    • Hair style: Runs to her shoulders.
    • Eye colour: Blue.
    • Ethnicity: Caucasian.
    • Non-Combat Dress: She wears a variety of clothes, though most would find her in a variety of pilot's jump suits when she tests combat gear, and engineer's overalls when she's in her machine shop, which is most days. And sometimes nights. Once in a while, she goes about town in various dresses, though rarely to the more worrisome parts if she's in a dress.
    • Combat Gear: Usually just her pilot's jump suit, but lately she seems to be working with an SST of her own design. Specifications are largely unknown, though it appears to have a built-in welding torch. She does put on a ballistics helmet, if nothing else.
    Strengths
    • Political Heiress: Nothing to scoff at, really. If she wanted to, she could stir a whole lot of people up in Bunker Chicago and get them fighting. Her family is well respected... She is well respected. It likely has a lot to do with the fact that she's one of the only machine shop owners not to charge anything for use of facilities owned and operated under her name. They run off donations.
    • Battle Hardened: She's already fought against raiders before, and won. She even fought U-ARM once, but she doesn't talk about it much. Regardless, she's cool under pressure, usually.
    • Lifelong Engineer: She was born to work on vehicles, and gadgets, and technology in general. Given enough time with most stuff, she can work out its function and make it better, or worse... Not as good as Mouse, obviously! But, well, she's good.
    • HT-DAWN: Her vehicle. Her vehicle. She's made dozens before, but this one is expressly her own. She has an autoloading, 120mm heavy cannon that can fire armour piercing or high explosive rounds. She can also switch it to charge and fire a laser weapon instead, in case she needs to punch a hole in some heavy armour first. It's also capable of projecting an electrical field around itself, to knock out or sometimes even kill anyone attempting to climb on it, though this apparently screws with her electronics and renders her without her gun for a few seconds. All in all, it's a nice tank.
    • SST-??: Her own SST suit. Its capabilities are largely unknown, save for the built in fusion torch. At present, the physical configuration appears quite minimalist, only wrapping around her limbs and leaving her torso exposed. Maybe she's not finished with it yet?
    Weaknesses
    • Permanently Watched: ... Uh, no, not by me, that would be creepy. Obviously. By others... It's hard to have a private conversation with her, is what I'm saying. Don't trust anything to radio communications that you wouldn't mind everyone hearing.
    • No Real Infantry Training: Carolyn has no infantry training. If she doesn't have her tank, she's in serious trouble, and her tank makes her a larger threat in general by the standards of most enemies.
    • No Mutagens Whatsoever: Not even a little. She's completely vulnerable to those with Listener talents, and can't develop any of her own.
    • Loyal to a Fault: To those who earn her trust and to her father, she's loyal to the fault that she will get into trouble for them. Even if it's way over her head.
  • Name: Jenive Rousseau.
    Sex: Female.
    Appearance:
    • Height: 5'6"
    • Weight: 155.
    • Hair colour: Brown.
    • Hair style: Moderate length, down to the mid-point of her neck, often kept in a short pony tail.
    • Eye colour: Green.
    • Ethnicity: Hispanic.
    • Non-Combat Dress: Seem especially fond of dresses, and putting ribbons in her hair. Probably one of the most feminine women in Bunker Chicago.
    • Combat Gear: Full SST plated body armour, which covers her body and protects her from harm. It comes equipped with a jet pack, and she wields laser rifles for pinpoint accuracy. Her rifle is also equipped with advanced optics, that can track targets in multiple visual modes... All gear provided to her by The Coalition.
    Strengths
    • SST-SS_JR: Her own SST suit, provided to her by The Coalition. It's a scout-sniper hybrid build, made to allow her maximum mobility for three dimensional combat in cityscapes. It comes equipped with a jet pack, grappling cables, and a light layer of plated armour to stop a few rounds from most ballistics weapons. It will not stop a full barrage from a high calibre machine gun at close range, though.
    • SLSR_JR: Her own laser sniper rifle, provided to her by The Coalition. It uses some sort of refracting crystal technology to intensify the laser before it leaves the barrel, giving it superior range before it dissipates. Its maximum potential range is classified [4000 METERS]. Its optimum range is also classified [2000 METERS]. It comes armed with a scope that allows her to view in infrared and nightvision, and will track movement in front of itself at short distances [500 METERS OR LESS].
    • Early Adopter: Jenive was one of the first in Bunker Chicago to not only accept, but openly welcome and affiliate herself to The Coalition's rule. She's an avid supporter of their cause, though not blind to their faults. She has a few favours within the organization she can call upon, even with Ryan Dufont (the council member) himself.
    • Eternal Optimist: She believes in the better nature of people and mankind. Fervently. She's not likely to leave anyone in her squad behind, leave alone friends.
    Weaknesses
    • On a Leash: She has to do whatever The Coalition tells her to do, even if it's against her better judgement. This may include turning on her squad mates if necessary, though nobody knows if she would turn on friends too.
    • Vengeance!: Something took her husband away from her five years ago. She doesn't say what it was that took it, but there is no quicker way to drain the humanity from her than mentioning it... And people do strange things in the name of anger.
    • Technology Dependent: Her skills as a Grunt leave something to be desired when deprived of her equipment. She understands the basics of CQC, but it's nothing to write home about.
    • Disgraced: Her adoption of The Coalition so rapidly upon their arrival make some look upon her as a bootlicker among The Old Guard and U-ARM. Outside of TC, don't expect her to have really any influence with anyone else.
  • Name: Morai Lee.
    Sex: Male.
    Appearance:
    • Height: 5'8"
    • Weight: 170 LBS.
    • Hair colour: Black.
    • Hair style: Keeps it tied back into a pony tail which reaches down to his upper back.
    • Eye colour: Green.
    • Ethnicity: Asian. (Foreigner—he was not born on this continent.)
    • Non-Combat Dress: Cargo pants with lots of pockets and long sleeved, plain black shirts. He often wears a belt around his waist, as some of his pants look inherited from... Larger persons.
    • Combat Gear: A black beret, and light polyester-cotton mixed clothes that blend him in with the terrain. He carries a heavily modified shotgun and an assault rifle on his person at all times, and is fond of having a belt of explosives.
    Strengths
    • Mai: His shotgun. It fires rounds which explode a fraction of a second after making impact with a target, making it an extremely lethal close quarters weapon. It also has an electrified bayonet on the end, though the battery pack on it is haphazard and gives him enough charge only to use it once per battery.
    • Special Operations Training: Though he won't say from where or from who he received his training, he is an extremely deadly soldier. He once cleared an entire compound of raiders without them even knowing he was there... In short, he's likely the most qualified out of anyone in Squad 2 where it concerns tactical evaluations and stealth.
    • Explosives Expert: He seems to know exactly when, where, and how to deploy explosives in the most efficient manner possible. He's skilled enough that he could likely throw a piece of C4 onto a motorcycle as it passes by and detonate it before the rider could dismount. It's arguable if the rider would even notice it.
    • Combat Drugs: He takes combat drugs to enhance his senses and reaction times. For short periods of time, he can possess senses those rivaling that of even mutants.
    Weaknesses
    • Unknown Affiliations: Nobody knows who he works for (I do), ultimately. At the very least, it's highly classified. All that's known is those who ask too many questions, either disappear, or become one of his associates... Associates who are also prone to disappearing if they talk too much.
    • Druggie Druggie: He has used Combat Drugs for a long time, and it affects his ability to think clearly in some situations... Especially if he uses it more than once over the course of a few hours. It's unknown if he's addicted to them.
    • Limited Firepower: In spite of his explosives, some of the more heavily armoured tanks will take more than one explosive to destroy, and all of his explosives are either thrown or planted. In other words, his only ability to fight tanks and other heavy equipment of that nature puts him dangerously close to them in the first place.

First IC post goes up Tuesday. I'll do another wave of CS reviews Monday. I will still be accepting character sheets until the second GM post in the IC. Good luck, everyone. :ferret:

Last edited:
@Holmishire I changed it a bit, can you let me know if you can see everything now?
I will be editing my sheet tonight.

• Thank You
Reactions: Holmishire
  • Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
@Brovo
Gonna have the sheet up later today, once I finish up the bio and change a few strengths and weaknesses. Would've had it up a few days ago, but personal issues got in the way.
EDIT:
Sheet is now finished and awaiting perusal here.

Last edited by a moderator:
CS is done

Is this going to be the first time my character gets accepted on the first round of creation of a Brovo RP?

Finished my sheet.

Also, @Brovo, I was vague on the details of his actual military status despite him being part of it for a long time. I leave it fully up to your discretion as GM to decide what sort of rank and such he has, since it's vague enough for him to be anywhere from just high enough to be trusted to lead some dudes occasionally to somewhere just below the top command positions. Whatever makes the most sense to you is fine by me, and I can always edit specifics into the sheet after you make the call for clarity sake.

I've edited the bio for my character to make it more consistent with the direction of the plot.

The artist is Timur Mutsaev. I was unable to find the source image, but the axe-like signature in the bottom-right of the image is definitely his.
So it is. Nice find.

And I was able to find the source by using the name you provided. Teamwork makes the dream work.

Last edited:
I'm going to go ahead and bow out--this RP has a very healthy list of players, and my bio just isn't hitting the right notes. Have fun everyone!

@Jorick CS is passed. Also, what is up with the signature field there? Do you happen to sell Propane too?

@Maxim "Electronic Warfare Package" doesn't work. Most communications use radios. You could potentially encrypt your own signal, but it would only be coherent to others who have the proper decryption tools. You can't suddenly encrypt everyone's messages on the same frequency without manually tweaking everyone's radios. And, anyone can still intercept and record the signal and crack it later. So you might want to remove this and replace it. The other half of the ability can be replicated perfectly by simply having a frequency scanner that attempts to pick up on radio waves. You could have this as an ability instead.

@Rain of the Night CS is passed.

@Sai Zhang CS is passed. It's nice to see you try again.

EVERYONE: Those who are approved (you can find your character in the first post if they're approved) can start posting in the IC, which you can find here. (READ THE TIPS FIRST.) Those of you who are not yet approved have about one week left to finish your CS. There are two slots left in the RP. (Total character limit is 14, we have 12 approved.)

TIPS! (No seriously fuckin' read this. It'll save your bacon, because this RP will be pretty merciless otherwise.)
  • This RP progresses via scene transitions. You won't actually be expected to detail everything your character does whenever they're travelling between points of interest: It will simply be assumed that they traveled from A to B, and anything you add on that is entirely optional.
  • Because this is a military organization and your characters received multiple sets of instructions (which you can view throughout the OOC thread) it can be assumed that they know the most basic details about each other. That is: They already know each other's names, ages, that sort of very basic information, I wouldn't go much beyond that. Meaning you don't have to introduce your names or track how many names your character has learned, you can just assume your character knows already. This will save you and everyone else a ton of busy body time that is wasted just saying "my name is exactly the same as was on the fucking character sheet."
  • This is the introduction post. The purpose of this post is for you to introduce your character into the scene, and give them the option of interacting with others around them (NPC's or PC's), and/or having a reaction at the unnatural fog that is obscuring the city ruins of Chicago. There will be one post in this scene, and then the next GM post will show what transitions do.
  • You only need to post one paragraph or more per post. If you can't think of some supremely complicated fancy post, thing, that's fine. You only need one. Some scenes, in fact, will punish you if you try to do too much, too quickly, so combat scenes in particular might restrict you.
  • Most importantly, work together. The only people who you can know the true intentions of will be the other players around you. Most of the NPC's will have their own agendas, objectives, and values, and those may not always reflect preferably on you. Keep in mind, though, that you will have to work with NPC's, even if you don't trust them. Otherwise, your character will become a paranoid, antisocial psychotic who will be equally trusted by nobody else. NPC's are like, 99% of the world's population. Remember that. Also, even if they have their own agendas, they're not all supremely evil assholes. :ferret:
  • The NPC's do not play by the same set of rules that your characters do. They can have as many strengths or weaknesses as is necessary for the nature of the plot, and some NPC's can even defy reality itself to have powers beyond those which can be considered reasonably human. As such, if you piss off something stronger than you, it will probably just kill you. Retreat is sometimes not only the best option, but the only option.
  • If you need to contact me via instant messenger, this is my steam account. If you prefer Skype, simply search "brovo196" and add the Canadian.
  • Collaborative posts are a thing, but, for the introduction sequence, you may not quite have time. (After all, next post is coming in just a week.) So if you want to hammer one out, use IM's, so the responses can be instant. PM's will probably be too slow. If you don't know what collabs are, simply ask, I have a lot of my regular players here, any of them will be happy to explain.

Reactions: Pahndemic
Edited my CS to include the following items:
  • Butchering Knife
  • Bible
  • Compass
  • MRE
  • Flashlight
  • Backpack
The descriptions can be found on the CS.

@Brovo I updated my sheet~

@Limeypanda , and everyone else too.

I am going to assume the one Helicopter that is within the Unit belongs to Gabriel. If so, then it is an Attack Helicopter that wasn't meant to transport people (Meaning it has 2 seats: Pilot and Gunner(Optional))

Sorry it was not specified before.

Status
Not open for further replies.