Which faction do you think you'll join later in the RP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Issues: Well... No to the rocket launcher attachment on the dual-barreled mini guns, because it just wouldn't be feasible given the technology. (Not unless you had some kind of powered suit, but that would pretty expensive on strength points to start with because that would be cutting edge technology right there.) Aside from that? It's... Alright. Remove the rocket launcher attachment. Then we'll talk about business. :ferret:
I removed the under-slung rocket launcher attachment from The Groundhog, I can understand the trepidation with that one, I left the bracket upon the gun until a more suitable attachment can be found (and of course the appropriate ranks are put into it). With a tank on our side I stepped away from the anti-tank weaponry to avoid misunderstandings replacing it with an surface-to-air missile, the name of the two has not been changed. This is separate from The Groundhog and requires it to be drawn and prepared to use.

@Brovo Will the long distance penalty have a large impact on her ability to lay down covering fire as well, or mostly just affect her attempts to specifically hit an enemy?

Posted this in the wrong thread god

Alright. Giving these sheets a quick look over, and hopefully approving a couple early. As well as other news. :ferret:

SHEET REVIEWS

@RedWillow Box.
Issues: Sheet is unfinished. All of your weaknesses are mental traits you can choose to ignore at any time--you might want to tweak one to relate to a more physical weakness.

RP INFO
i plan on putting up THE ic on mondaY or tuesdAy, assuming nothing goes wRong on my End. keep in mind that all of you Will be stArTing with little information about your target or the destination. Concealment is a core part of How to keep yourself in the land of the livING. YOU should also remember that not all is at it seems, and everyone has a hidden agenda. Be caREful of whAT you say, and How you say it. After all, the last thiNg you want to Do is upset poTential allies, or make enemies stronger tHan you rEmember who You are. you are not invincible. in fact, WhAtever you do, you woN'T want to go anYwhere alOne. team Up together. find Reasons to trust each other. none of the npc's will really be your friends. trust Me. If you doN't, at least trust your instinct, and be paranoiD about everything. the world is not as it should be. BEST OF LUCK -C.A.

Further information will be distributed in 24 hours, including the character limit. Hopefully the typos will be cleared up by then.
@Brovo It's updated!

I've noted the changes at the bottom of my post:

Last update:
- Added bio
- Changed a weakness
- Updated equipment
- Changed age
- Removed Pilot points, added 1 Grunt and 2 Listener

I might have been a little adventurous concerning TC technology, let me know if it's too much.

[Fieldbox= Convict, Red, Solid]

Name: Convict
Appearance:
Note: Her general Wardrobe is Jeans, a tank top and a jacket. Convict had the body of a skeleton tattooed onto her face, hands & feet.

Biography: Not always a bad girl Convict began living with her mother and father, was happy for a good few years until her best friend and mother died from the harsh consequences of radiation when she was twelve. Livid that fate would take her mother away from her, she became rebellious; thieving, wanting drugs and after two years of having to play good girl under the relentless cold hearted sneer of father's choice of new women decided that she'd had enough of her step mother's bullshit antics.

Taking to the streets, she stayed on her own for a little while and developed a knack for crime. The first few years were rough, fighting of wild off small creatures, rapists and pillaging to get her next meal. Ready to do anything to save herself, even against the elite became a natural born killer. Picked off by Bosho in her early teens she quickly made a name among his rank of goons thanks to her strength and lack of taking bullshit. Despite her respect Bosh and his gang, she took very few orders if any from anyone but him. A wild card, a murderer and a force of nature; she always got put on the dirty jobs. Bosh used the medical leverage of pills to keep her on his side, they kept her sane. Made sure she would not to turn into a psycho killer. Without her meds she didn't know if it was her friend she was killing or some random ass punk walking down the street, she prefers to be in her own head when she wants to kill someone.

Mutagens in DNA?: Yes
Mutagens Active?:Yes
Vehicle?: No

Strengths (Grunt):

• Force of Nature: Having built strength and cunning over the years Convict has hardened herself against the wounds that she takes. Thanks to her sheer ferocity when some cunt fuck-wit is trying to kill she will still bleed she is able to take serious wounds and get back up to live or take her enemy down with her.
    • Force of Iron: Is able to take extreme wounds and still get back up.
    • Murderous Force of Nature: Convicts learnt creative and effective ways to kill a man, as long as she's got a good reason to kill someone her instincts become sharper allowing her to deduce confusing and complex events.
  • Strength: Has above average strength.
    • Strength: Is able to lift extraordinarily heavy objects, pull, bend and push hard substances.
  • Fighting: Trained to fight dirty and improvise with weaponry, although she prefers to fight up close and personal, thanks to Bosh she gets the idea; stick a bullet in a man's chest so many times he'll keel over.
Strengths (Listener)
  • Awareness: Hard to sneak up on and hard to surprise, Convict had developed heightened and primal sense of danger.
Weaknesses: (Your character's weaknesses. Refer to Section 4 for more information. Unlike strengths, these are not related to a class. You must have one weakness for every two strengths.)
  • Illness: Without medication Convict gets confused and hallucinates which turns her into a psycho killer.
  • Frightening: Convict due to her appearance finds it difficult to get along with people. It gets her into a lot of unnecessary conflict.
  • Women: Although strong she has trouble fighting women and will try to avoid killing them.
Equipment: Pistol, Knuckledusters, Smoke Grenade, Pills, Cigarettes, Leather Jacket, Clothing (Jeans, belt, tank top) Flask of Whiskey, Lighter, Bandages, Beef Jerky, Wallet.

Other: Although she does originally have a name, cast it away when joining Bosh. Convict's face is covered in scars.
Signature: Red Velvet
[/Fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Deliver data packages...

Failed to connect! Retrying (1)...

Failed to connect! Retrying (2)...

TAWYBATWYMBOLCA--Connected! Displaying information about next operation.

• To: Any and all members of the mission.

We will be heading out at 1100 to the operating zone. It will take us no more than two hours to reach the AO from our current location. We expect minimal resistance from the city's exterior. We will be heading near the old downtown area, in what was once considered to be "upper class" neighbourhoods: Large residential housing, and small commercial. Homes average between two to five floors in height, and spread across large sums of land. The design is inefficient, but Bosho has fortified it. One particular building he has is called "Bosho's Fortress." He will go there, as it has been fortified throughout the years into a steel walled temple by which only those he deems worthy may enter.

We're going to be worthy in our own way.

We will split our convoy into three detachments: Arrowhead, Body, and Artillery. The Arrowhead will penetrate through the outer defenses and sabotage the heavy turret emplacements, allowing the Body easy access through what is estimated to be five city blocks of heavy resistance. Artillery will set up and fire at the fortress until it blows a hole inside, allowing the Arrowhead and Body groups to rejoin and flood the compound. We outnumber them, we outgun them, and we have the superior training, we should take advantage of it to make one, quick, decisive strike that will tell all future raiders not to come here again!

Whoever brings Marie Black Bosho's head will be paid sufficiently that they should never need to live without a bed full of whores, stomach full of liquor, and house surrounded by guards ever again.

Good luck, everyone.

From: Marie Black, head of TOG security and military operations.
  • To: TC & TOG Higher Ups.
    CC: Morai, Kiku, Shlan, Peter, Box, Hewitt, Tristan, Dennis, Phelan, Ozymandias, Aleksa, Ezekiel, Convict, Jenive, Mouse.

--MB: There is a thick fog settling in the combat area. It's unusual.
    --RD: Unusual? I may not have lived here as long as you, but fog in the Chicago area is as normal as can be.
    --MB: It's been there for two days.
    --RD: Ah. Now I see your point.
    --MB: It has strangely refused to move either. Wind currents do not appear to affect it. We may need to delay the operation.
    --RD: Nonsense! If we show weakness now, U-ARM may take this as their opportunity to strike.
    --MB: U-ARM aren't exactly our enemies, you know. If they are suicidal enough to do an operation blindly, why not let them?
    --RD: Because we might lose public favour here, and U-ARM would not hesitate to start open revolt if they thought it might win. That could result in a slaughter you have nightmarish fits about.
    --MB: If you say so... But I'm not stupid enough to think that TC is here out of the kindness of their hearts either.
    --RD: Take advantage of the fact that they're going to be just as blind as we are in this fog. It will allow the Arrowhead team to close the gap with relative safety and get a first strike opportunity they didn't have before. As for our... Kindness, that's irrelevant and you know it. We can bicker more later, there's something else you should know about the operation... Except... Something is tapping the line? Hang on, let me intercept this.

This was all I could get. Don't go into the Arrowhead... As for why I'm passing this information along, it's because we're likely all going to be part of the same squad. At least, that's what my father told me. You'll all know who I am soon enough. BEST OF LUCK --C.A.

The second wave of CS reviews will come later. :ferret:

How many characters are we allowed to have? :o

One to start with. Depending on how the RP progresses, two or more. (It will largely depend on player interest.)

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
Alright, will be working on sheet tonight. It should be complete tomorrow~

Reactions: Brovo

zSuAJPP.png

Name:
Dimas Roul Pokorny

Appearance:
When one first looks upon Dimas, they might assume he is a meek, and fragile person. His face has softer features than most men, and his gentle dark brown hues can come off as weak. Dimas stands at a lanky 6'0 and he weighs around 156 LBS, he isn't very muscular and is more skin and bones than anything. He tends to keep his hair in two fashions; tied up into a seemingly short hairstyle, or loose and in waves just above his shoulders. The color of his hair is a dark black, with light brown streaks running through it. He has very few noticeable blemishes, and generally wears leathers and other protective clothing that will help in the rough wasteland. There are occasional times when Dimas will have found a peculiar junk item that he has fashioned into an accessory of sorts, as well. His skin tone is a pale pink color, he blends in excellently with fogs that roll in now and again.

Biography:

Dimas Pokorny was born to Alemida & Provur Pokorny. His parents had settled into Bunker Chicago around 150 AF, they were quite good at finding valuables across the wasteland and after selling quite a bit of their massed goods they were able to buy enough supplies to have a child. Dimas was seemingly normal in his child years. Nothing was unusual until the time he hit puberty. That is when his skin started changing to a plant like material. It seemed as though when this change happened, the rays of sunlight allowed Dimas to perform more activities during that day. Although, when it ended and his human instincts made him hungry, he would almost always vomit the human food back up. This prompted his parents to ask TC laboratories for help. They had realized from their vast travels in the post-apocalyptic world that their son held mutagens in his DNA. They had hoped, that TC laboratories would guide the mutations in a way that would protect their child from the dangers of the world. Dimas was alone most of the time. He preferred to read the old world books that his parents had found in their travels, instead of talking to the other inhabitants of the Bunker. Although when he felt his skin change, he knew that him going outside would be fun, and decided to enter the world of others. Dimas yearned to go beyond the bunker walls, to have a look at what could be out there. But his parents told him that it would be years before he could learn enough to go outside of the Bunker.

At the age of sixteen, Dimas suddenly grew thorns all over his body. They were breaking the skin at every pore and they were razor sharp to the touch. They seemed to last for ten minutes before retreating underneath the surface of Dimas' skin. Whenever this mutation happened, the gouges left by the thorns would take fifteen-twenty minutes to heal. After they did, the skin would be unblemished and seemingly normal. As he grew older, Dimas was allowed outside of the Bunker's walls as his parents traveled the wasteland searching for relics. From there they traveled and one day, Dimas and his father were not too far from the old city ruins when they were attacked by raiders. Dimas was helpless against them and only survived because of his thorns. His father had not survived, however, and Dimas had changed. He would protect his mother from any threat. With the help of TC laboratories, Dimas was able to refine these sharp thorns into a thicker plate of armor that could protect him from bullets. After that they decided to refine his mutation further by allowing Dimas to protrude 2in thorn spears from his body. This would allow some kind of offensive combat system for when Dimas and his mother went to salvage materials.

As Dimas turned twenty, he yearned for more importance in TC's perspective, and decided to work with them constantly to refine his mutations. With this his skin was able to produce a digestive enzyme that corroded anything it touched. These secretions would leave Dimas with an uncontrollable itch afterward and he wasn't sure how well the mutation would work in protecting his mother. But it deemed worthy when a mutant hound attacked him out in the wasteland and he burned it with the acid from his skin.

At night, Dimas dreams of whispers coming from the old city. What will be awaiting him there...?

With the help of
Mutagens in DNA?:
Yes

Mutagens Active?:
Yes

Vehicle?:
No

Strengths (Grunt): 0 Points

1. No Strengths in Grunt
Strengths (Listener): 7 Points
  1. Photosynthesis - With this mutation, Dimas can transform small amounts of light energy into chemical energy to help him wake up in the morning. At this stage, Dimas has refined his ability to transform light energy into chemical energy, to where he can use this ability to power him through the day, instead of nutrients from food.
  2. Thornage - With this mutation, Dimas grows 1IN long razor sharp thorns that protrude out of every surface of his body. These can be used for armor or even combat.
    - Thornage Lvl2 - With this mutation, the thorns can also grow clustered together and thicker, easier to cover the whole skin with to protect it from bullets or other weapons.
    - Thornage Lvl 3 - With this mutation, the thorns protrude 2In from his body like long spears. Anything soft that touches them will definitely get punctured.
    -Thornage Lvl 4 - With this mutation, Dimas can now shoot 1in thorns from his pores in a 10ft radius around his body.
  3. Acid Skin - With this mutation, Dimas secretes an acidic-like digestive enzyme that can be used to break down materials, essentially chemically burning them until they are no more.
    - Acid Skin Lvl 2 - Dimas has refined this mutation to have a small projectile range of 1 ft. It will spray from all pores towards the selected target. However, the energy used to project the acid has reduced the acidity to merely 3rd degree burns.
Strengths (Pilot): 0 points
  1. No strengths
Weaknesses:
  1. Human Food Poisoning - Every time Dimas relies on photosynthesis to create his energy, any type of human food that enters his body afterwards will cause him to become violently ill. It can even cause allergic reactions that weren't otherwise there.
  2. Gash Leftovers - After the thorns have disappeared back into Dimas' skin, there will be gouges in his flesh that take fifteen-twenty minutes to heal, and re-open anytime he uses the thorns.
  3. Uncontrollable Itch - Every time Dimas uses the Acid Skin, he will gain an uncontrollable itch on his skin for 30 minutes.
Equipment:
Acid Neutralizer Spray - Something the TC gave Dimas to help with his acid skin, so that any clothes or items he wishes to keep safe will not dissolve in his acid secretions.
Junket - A locket made out of random wasteland junk.

Other:
Dimas yearns to protect his mother from any raider harm.
Signature:
WhisperingWillows~

3l5Z1mK.png

Let me know if I need to edit anything~

Last edited:
Hehehe thanks. If the scrolling can be too much for you guys, I can change it to where the background is static. I am also going to use this box for the IC so, if you have objections to it now, let me know~

This looks really interesting. I'll have my CS up soon, I hope there's still room for me. :0

@Brovo Question, do cybernetic eyes exist, and how difficult are they to acquire and/or patch up?

(Post 1/2)

Second wave of character sheet reviews/OOC post responses! I'll be putting up a second OOC post today doing more for the world.

@HerziQuerzi CS still isn't finished. You have one more point you can spend on strengths. :ferret:

@Snakey Peter is approved. Welcome aboard, old friend.

@RedWillow Box is approved. Welcome aboard, sunshine.

@Maxim Tristan is still unfinished.

@Rain of the Night All of your abilities work, now just finish the bio. Also, don't flick any switches in underground dungeons. :ferret:

@Sai Zhang Still waiting on a CS, mate.

@Thymine May the pig bring great fortune. Approved.

@Grothnor Just put the one point for your special equipment as a Grunt strength. Then we're good. For all practical purposes though, your character is approved. :ferret: (There's a reason why defensive tech is more expensive than offensive tech, and you'll see why soon enough.)

@Tank2Crate Thank you for your interest in this role play, however, I do believe you may find yourself at a disposition to participate in this particular story... Because your language skills appear to be a bit underwhelming. You may wish to find another role play, mine will probably be too elitist for you. :ferret:

@Red Velvet Welcome to the Last Bastion, daddy issues. (Skype call joke.)

@WhisperingWillows Something to consider for your character is the fact that The Coalition runs laboratories where your character could get help with their mutations. You may wish to rewrite your character's history, because being forever alone is probably the #1 ticket to getting horribly and violently killed. Also, you don't need two powers for your photosynthesis thing. It would work as one. Also, the weakness for your thorns would probably get your character's wounds infected and get him killed. Overall it could be stronger.

Basically, your character should probably have basic control over their powers or people around him would consider him a severe threat to life and would likely end him.

And, no, you can't get powers from eating fruits and vegetables. Mutagens exist as a part of one's DNA at birth. Either you have them, or you don't. Keep in mind that a child can be born with mutagens, who had parents that did not have mutagens, because of the nature of this world, which will get further explained later as a plot point.
@Brovo Question, do cybernetic eyes exist, and how difficult are they to acquire and/or patch up?
They exist, but, there is a slight delay in all cybernetic equipment, and for a pair of eyes, that's probably a bad thing. :ferret:

Help him how, exactly? Can you give me specifics, please? As well, do the weaknesses have to be physical? Can you give me an example of what would be a second point in a skill like that? I'm a little unsure how to go about adding those points now since it's combined. :)

What if I changed the time period of when the gauges would last? Would that make it less harmful?
Okay, thanks for letting me know, I will definitely rewrite his history now~

Help him how, exactly? Can you give me specifics, please? As well, do the weaknesses have to be physical? Can you give me an example of what would be a second point in a skill like that? I'm a little unsure how to go about adding those points now since it's combined. :)

What if I changed the time period of when the gauges would last? Would that make it less harmful?
Okay, thanks for letting me know, I will definitely rewrite his history now~
though some have no choice, as mutations are often involuntary in nature. When one is a mutant, their mutations grow with or without their direction and desire, and the only choice a person gets in the matter is in seeing if The Coalition's laboratories will help guide their mutations in more productive directions.
The Coalition's laboratories can guide the nature of mutations, thus preventing them from running out of control. Basically, it can ensure that your character has some measure of control, to prevent them from becoming an instant pariah. (Pariahs don't generally survive in this universe. People need each other, the post apocalypse is too harsh for anyone to go it alone for long.)

Weaknesses can be mental. I just need one physical weakness to offset things, to prevent them all from being mental.

You might not need a second point in photosynthesis. You could make another plant-themed skill altogether. Bark? Vines? Seedlings? Pollen? Area of effect or single target? Helpful or harmful? :ferret:

You could make them last a few minutes and then it'd be alright. Hours would be too extreme, he would probably bleed out. Minutes can give him a short need for respite to "turn back to normal" sort to speak without making him impossibly injured. :ferret:

Keep working on it. I look forward to reading it, grasshopper.

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
@Brovo Will the long distance penalty have a large impact on her ability to lay down covering fire as well, or mostly just affect her attempts to specifically hit an enemy?

Posted this in the wrong thread god

Also I'll have my CS done tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.