Status
Not open for further replies.
"What the hell are you doi--" began Rei, before suddenly he just vanished. No flashy fanfare, no confetti. Just one moment he was there, and in less than a blink of an eye he was gone.

"I like you Tian-Gui, I really do... but!" Suddenly a hand seems to materialize from nothing, pressed right against Tian-Gui's chest. To compare it to cannon fire would be an understatement. To Tian it would feel as if his entire chest was being eradicated from the force as suddenly he is blasted backwards, the table fading out of existence long enough to allow Tian to go right through where it was and into the invisible barrier that was the edge of the station platform. It felt as if his very heart had been blasted right out of his chest.

No time to react. Just one moment Rei is there, the next Rei is gone and Tian is against a wall with only a single point of HP remaining.

"But if there is one thing I do not like, its that word. 'Free'. Its just so... so crude!" The jester shakes his head as he appears.

"Still, I do admit that I am tired of all of you sitting on the sidelines. Its just so... boring. But at the same time, I dislike anyone asking me for 'free' things. So I have made a compromise and a punishment." The Jester now gestures to where Rei once stood.

"I have sent Rei Amagi to where the Peacocks are. He can help them out, they won't get much EXP, and thus this will help you Gamers play catch up while you go with those two other Peacocks to fight Team Snake. I think that's fair in terms of a 'free favor' right?" A smirk appears on Arcadia's face. It seems the Jester has other intentions, but whatever they are he doesn't seem to mind hiding them.

Who knows what he's planning.

Its either that, or he's just pissed off.

"Seriously though. If you want me to give you free favors, then go prove yourselves. I only give freebies out to either the underdogs to help them out, or to those who deserve it. And right now, none of you deserve it. So" his smirk now becomes a more pleasant smile.

"I am giving you all a chance to go show these Games what you got, since now that Rei Amagi is out of the momentary picture, you don't have to be subjected to being Bench-warmers."

With a wave and a bow, the Jester vanishes in a poof of confetti as he bids the Gamers

"Adieu"​

"Wow, this is getting utterly ridiculous," Shouko muttered when Arcadia made another appearance to announce the changes to the game. "Utterly, completely ridiculous." She had already given up the last time some mysterious being came and changed the rules of the game. Shouko was set on gaining as much loot as possible and quitting the Games as soon a chance presented itself. Fuck Arcadia. Fuck everything, seriously.

When she was notified of Bladesong's leaving, Shouko's heart skipped a beat before she remembered he was not a Gamer. If Ddi-rym was to be believed, none of these people would actually die. She glanced at the equally clueless faces of her fellow party members.

...​

Shouko's expression was completely neutral when Blade rejoined the party later as 'Colten Daich' in a flash of light. If this was a story, the author must have accidentally spilt the plot juice onto the manuscript. Way too much for her brain to process. After Tian-Gui's brief introduction, Shouko walked over with a strained smile.

"What he said. Nice to meet you, Colten. Welcome to our crazy world, nothing makes sense, the plan is to attack Team Snake, and don't die. You good?"

Blade, or Colten, was the best proof that the other players weren't at risk of death when defeated in battle. Shouko made a quick check on her inventory of explosives and arrows. It was time to unleash them. I'm getting used to violence, huh?

Tian-Gui proceeded to call upon Arcadia for a free favour. The aftermath was a missing Rei and a near-dead Tian-Gui. Shouko smacked her forehead before she went over to see whether the party's hot blooded brawler was still alive. He was.

"Damn it, Tian-Gui. That was really unnecessary. Might I remind you that we can die in this game?" Shouko nagged as she offered a hand to him. She had never known a person so eager to prove himself in battle. Tian-Gui would have thrived in the warring kingdoms period, not in the 21st century. His antics were baffling, but Shouko supposed it also made him interesting.

"Heal up and let's go."

As Colten shook in hit boots he felt something else kick in that seemed to calm his mind and then some words from Alexander, Tian and Shouko truly helped shine at least some quick light of clarity or at least some clear direction that he really wanted right now.

Alexander starting off with "So first of all, you are back in the game. Sort of. But the stakes are a bit higher."

Then Tian slamming both of his hands down on the past Berserker's shaking shoulders. He locked eyes with him, before saying, "Welcome back. I'll make things simple. This is the reality that everyone in Team JUSTICE is faced with. We are all using our real bodies here. We will all die if we hit zero HP here. This is partially why most of us are super cautious. Rei can explain the basics, but what's important is that you don't tell Kamui about this at all."

Finally with Shouko; "What he said. Nice to meet you, Colten. Welcome to our crazy world, nothing makes sense, the plan is to attack Team Snake, and don't die. You good?"

The young man started putting things together in his thoughts on account of what he has been told, giving the three of them a quick nod, looking at Shouko. "Yeah, I'm al..." Before he could finish Arcadia's actions took place with Rei vanishing and Tian being flung by by the jester right in front of Colt.. On instinct alone Colt would have reached out to try and grab Tian's wrist but his hand would only catch air as Tian smashed into the wall. After Arcadia finished his displeased banter and left Colt quickly makes his way over to the large but greatly wounded party member and takes a knee next to him with a concerned look as Shouko seemed to scold him for causing this; afterwards seeming to want to get things underway.

"Um...if its alright I'm gonna go get suited up with whatever I find in the chest that you guys aren't using. Please, if there is anything I pick up that's questionable or whatever let me know."

With that the newest Gamer rises from his knees though not before giving Tian and Shouko a weak smile and runs over to the chest and dives half of his body inside as he sorts though the storage. First pulling out and equipping the small but plentiful stuff which consisted of a Minor Protection Ring, Minor Force Ring and Life Pendant. These were in plenty so there wouldn't be much issue in that regards. Something a little questionable were the two Strength Bangles. However most of the worries on those drifted away as it didn't seem like many of the party members used much strength at least to Colt's knowledge and it wasn't like they were bound items so if anyone had an issue it'd be fine; Colt slapping on one of the Strength Bangles feeling that small rush of strength as he does so.

Next on the list was armor and what was in the chest didn't exactly excite the Gamer as the only thing he could make use of seemed to be some Armored Robes. After letting out a long sigh he put them on as having something was always better than nothing. Now onto weapons; the aspiring user of blades picks up two Orcish Shortswords and gives them both a few swings in both arms as he was confident in the pure strength that flowed through him at this point, swinging the crude orcish blades about in his robed attire which admitted felt really weird. Then the memories of how he died by gremlin bows and arrows his eyes shifted to one of the Orcish Shortbows. By no means confident with a bow he reaches in and plucks up one of the heavy draw bows and pulls it back, again confident in his strength and is now just going full in with the orcish weaponry. "Oh well, I really am scrapping what I can from the leftovers at the bottom of the barrel." He notes to himself with a joking tone but a weapon is a weapon after all. He was also well aware there were no arrows present to use but again he felt like a few would...find there way to him sooner or later.

After looking around a little more Colten spied the Instant ramen, thinking for a moment before reaching in and filling his arms with them as he holds one for everyone present as well as one more for when they meet up with Kamui so a total of six being cradled in his arms; closing the chest with his foot before making his way over to everyone as he balanced the food stuffs in his arms almost falling over.

He tilts his head to the side past the packets of ramen with a big tooth smile and closed eyes. "If these are our real bodies then we gotta keep em fed right? I'm also ready to go when you guys are. I promise to help out however I can so don't hesitate to ask." He says followed by a giggle. He wanted to help contribute to everything that was going on however he could even if all that could be was making light of the situation and walking forwards with a smile. His expression returning to a more neutral but confident one. "If we are all stuck in this together then I don't wanna be a stranger to you guys. I'm sorry for anything I've said from before to any of you...if I had known what you guys were dealing with I wouldn't have been like that."

Silently however, Colten knew one of the best ways he could contribute to the group was to be some kind of healer; something that would be greatly useful but he had no idea on how to go about doing that in this game as he has been mister hack n slash. When time would come he'd see what he could do in that regards.

For GMs convenience
Equipping to Colt

Armored Robes (Rank 10, Magic Garb) (x1)
Armored Mage Robes enchanted to protect you. Give +5 Barrier Rating.

Strength Bangle (Rank 10, Magic Accessory) (x1)
This mystical bangle raises a person's strength.
+1 STR, +2 Resilience

Life Pendant (Rank 10, Mystic Pendant) (x1)
A pendant with a Life Gem imbued into it. Just carrying these fills you with energy.
+15 Health

Minor Protection Ring (Rank 10, Ring) (x1)
This Ring provides a small bit of mystical protection to the wearer in form of a very weak magical shield. Gives the wearer a Barrier Rating of 5.

Minor Force Ring (Rank 10, Ring) (x1)
This Ring provides a small, magical boost to the force of all melee attacks. Increases the Damage Mod of all Melee Attacks by 5.

Orcish Shortswords (Rank 9, Sword) (x2)
These large, yet light, swords belonged to Orcs and thus are a bit larger than ordinary short-swords. A strong enough arm could wield these as a regular Shortsword.

Orcish Shortbow (Rank 9, Bow) (x1)
A bow with a rather crude design, but a very powerful draw back. It may not shoot far, but it can shoot hard. It requires a good strong arm to use though since it is meant to be used by Orcs. A stronger arm can use this Bow a bit more effectively due to its Orcish make.

Additional removal from Storage

Abyssal Instant Ramen (Rank 8, Food) (x6)
A brand of instant Ramen made in by the Abyss Auction. Uses special spices that fill the user with energy. Heals 50 HP and MP. Then boosts Recovery and Regeneration by 10 for 30 Minutes.

Last edited:
Before he could react, Tian-Gui found himself partially embedded into the wall behind him, his vision blackening as pain that he couldn't even comprehend assaulted every part of his body. It was as if his heart had been torn out by a monstrous strength, and he fell to his knees soon after. Dimly, he was aware that Arcadia was saying something, and dimly, he was aware that the clown probably didn't like freebies, but that wasn't what he was consciously aware about.

He had taken a hit from a level 60 monster that could definitely have one-shotted him, but instead, just left him a single HP away from death. He looked at his HP bar in the corner of his eye, and, despite the pain, he managed to smile.

So it WAS possible to control the damage of your attacks so that you didn't kill!

Shakily, he rose up once more, taking Shouko's hand as his eyes locked onto Arcadia's. "It's almost like you read my mind," Tian-Gui smirked, "Didn't want everyone else to get involved in my selfishness, but hey, this works too."

With that, both Rei and Arcadia disappeared once more, leaving the New Gamers to their lonesome. Tian-Gui sighed, scratched the back of his head, and finally nodded. "Yeah, I'm totally aware of that. Just that we can also die in Pseudospaces and anything else," the grappler replied, "But sorry about that. Probably should have asked for all your opinions about it before calling in such a favour, but we have no Gold Coins, so Rei would probably be too late to help anyways."

Colten seemed to be adjusting well, if nothing else, and, taking a look at his boosted Regeneration score, Tian-Gui said, "Should be a few minutes before we set off. Let's all start stocking up on rings and such then, eh?"

It didn't take him long at all to get all the accessories he needed. A Life Pendant went over his neck, the remaining Strength Bangle went around his right wrist, and both the Minor Protection Ring and the Minor Force Ring were placed on his fingers. From there, he flexed his fingers a couple of times, before heading off to work on that last project of his.

Closing his eyes, he began to manifest his Mana Sphere once more. A sun did not spin, but this wasn't the 'sun' spinning. This was what the world saw as it spun around the world. It took time, and focus, but by the time his HP had filled up completely once more, his MP had dropped to zero and a new notification window popped up.

Yet another skill modification in the bag.

Everyone else looked ready at this point too, and Tian-Gui nodded.

"Alright, guys, one more thing before we leave."

It was something that should have happened sometime ago, really. Peacock had their elegant dress and Sparrow had their super-fantasy apparel. So, naturally, Team Justice should also have something that made them standout compared to others, right?

A quick search brought up leather cloaks. A quick purchase summoned the UFO almost instantly. And a quick unboxing revealed five sets of cloaks, for all the Gamers.

"Here yah go," Tian-Gui said, draping a scarlet cloak of red-hot passion over his shoulders, "Every little bit helps, right?"

Black for Xenon. Green for Colten. Gold for Shouko. And the fifth one was stored in his inventory.

"Now, shall we go for a run?"

"Sorry, got caught in a skirmish," Xenon replied to Shouko. After she had explained what negotiations were simmering, he pondered for a moment. "I might be able to take out one or two people if I needed to," he shrugged in response to her question. I did kinda attack someone earlier almost without thinking, after all... That aside though, now that they knew they couldn't actually kill people, Shouko's more offensive side seemed to be showing. Females are pretty scary when it comes down to it, huh?

The conversation continued to go back and forth between a sneak attack and an announced attack until Arcadia popped in to give the entire games a little update. Of course, Xenon thought. The jester had been lying low by his finicky standards. More talk ensued. And then, the notification of Blade's death came along, leaving Tian Gui to seal the plan making, solid.

Xenon didn't feel any pain or sadness from the notice, after all, he didn't really know Blade for all that long. But he did feel a small tug of guilt. Maybe I should have stayed with him.

---

The tug let go soon enough though.

No sooner than when all the Peacocks had left for the eastern station, did Blade reappear, this time as Colten Daichi. The Gamer. Even Rei seemed to be at a loss for words.

The shock then quickly dissolved into yet more shock when Tian Gui summoned a certain jester once more to get a favor of his own - of which ended with a missing teacher and a nearly downed Chinese youth. It certainly reaffirmed that Arcadia was not one to be trusted. Xenon sighed, running a hand through his red locks as Shouko went over to help Tian Gui.

One moment he's proclaiming revenge for a lost teammate, then he tries to desert us the next for a strike at glory? Xenon was slightly frustrated at the yet again mishmashed situation. But beyond that, he was just baffled at Tian Gui's actions. The red haired teen genuinely couldn't understand how the older gamer's mind worked sometimes.

Xenon looked over to Blade again when he reappeared from the chest. "Hey Blade, er, or not," he smiled back to the new gamer. "Sorry, I'm still a little surprised that you're in the same boat as us now," the red haired teen confessed. "You seem to be taking all this surprisingly well though."

---

Xenon held up his own cape cloak with a wry smile. This... reminds me way too much of my first show, he thought. Oh the days I thought wearing a ten foot long cape were cool... It's a miracle I never broke my neck from tripping on it... He gingerly draped the fabric over his shoulders and internally smiled. It was light as a feather.

"I'm ready over here," he piped.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia's Epic Adventure (Featuring Team Snake Members)~[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Venom is a Level 17 Cleric, Karasu a Level 16 Ranger, and Kagamine a Level 16 Swordsman. This gave their party a decent balance with Artisia being a Brawler. Even if she is Level 14 and thus is a few levels below them, she has a benefit of being able to level up from more than just fighting Monsters. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Unfortunately being around people all of the time is giving her very little time to practice her Skills, since it doesn't seem to be something that these people do, doing so would be odd, especially since she had been asked why she was doing that one time before it was made clear that these 'Arcadians' had found no need or benefit in training their Skills like she did. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We have Venom, so if any of us get hurt we can have him heal us. Thankfully at least our MP regenerates outside of Camps, so we can just wait around to get healed if need be. So lets go explore and try to have Artsia hit Level 15 as soon as we can." Karasu speaks up now, being the leader of this impromptu unit, although 'leader' is a word used very loosely here. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There are several Clerics in Team Snake. At least seven of them. Clerics seemed rather important when it comes to outside of Camp exploration since they could heal using MP and thus simply had to wait for that to recover. Of course the Healing Prayers could fail if not executed correctly, but regardless they made for great conservers of precious Health Potions. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So as they explored they encountered some Level 15 Gremlin Archers and even a couple of Level 17 Gremlin Rangers. A new form of monster that was starting to appear due to people being Level 16 and above. They all gave decent EXP. But not too special due to there being four of them. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Soon enough though, Karasu stops them as they crouch behind a house. They have come to the more entertainment oriented area of the Port Island District, which is this way due to its proximity to Gekkoukan. In particular, a small 'strip mall' type area, and in the plaza of this area fit with a movie theatre, arcade, couple of restaurants, and a few other things is a Camp. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In the center of this Camp are two Orc Axman and three Gremlin Rangers. It seems that this Camp... is a little different than the others. Perhaps this is one of those 'encounters' that Arcadia talked about. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If so... a proper plan of attack would be needed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Going into that Camp is going to be dangerous. So we need to lure them out." Venom speaks up now, as the group crouches a distance away in an alleyway. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"And we can do that with my Arrows. If we go in there, the Flagpole will start firing, and that will leave us vulnerable. It'll be a bit of a ranged battle, but still... we need to get them outside." Karasu speaks up. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Me and Artisia can start taking whacks at them once they get outside." Kagamine grins now, having drawn her broadsword. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What do you think Artsia? Shall we give these two guys a run for their money?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]--------[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia ventured with the group and quickly became aware of their battle tactics. The sword wielder, Kagamine, uses her broadsword in order to render enemies pretty beat up in just a few hits. He hit quick and hard, but he did leave some openings for Artisia to get some hits in, if she decided to team up with him. The ranger, Karasu, used his bow in order to keep to long-range combat, but wasn't afraid to use a longsword if an enemy got too close. Then Venom mostly focused on healing, but was able to get hits in with his mace, which seemed to strike true every time he swung.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia continued along with the group until they came upon one of the new encounters that Arcadia set up for the players. Artisia clenched her fists, ready to rush in, but waited for a plan of attack to get made. After the 'lesson' from Rei, she was sure never to rush into battle without some sort of attack plan in mind. Especially when going up against so many enemies that seemed formidable.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I agree with everything that's been said, but that being said, we need somewhere that will let us deal with each enemy individually. If we take them on altogether, I think that's it for us. The two axemen seem like they're pretty formidable, especially in comparison to me, who is even two levels below all of you. If the enemy can only get dealt with one at a time, then they won't be able to team up on us, but we could definitely team up on them. Uh… There was this battle strategy I heard that could possibly work. I think it was called a pincher? Hmm… I don't know. Anyway, let's just find some place for this to work before we go."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]---[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In the end, its Kagamine who finds a good alleyway close by to the entrance of the plaza, using her knowledge of these streets to guide them through some back alleys so that they don't get caught by the monsters. They found a good alleyway. Had a turn after ten yards in. Plus given the fifteen foot high buildings, due to being just some basic fair, climbing up top would be easy for the Ranger, who does so quietly before getting into position with his bow. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ok. So the Ranger will start pelting the Orcs, and hopefully that will draw them towards us, who will lead them to the alleyway." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A legitimate plan. The alleyway was narrow. Unfortunately it is only narrow enough for really one person to fight properly with one of those big, broad shouldered Orcs. So perhaps a bit more planning would be needed, to decide who would start off fighting the Orcs and how they would properly utilize the alleyway. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia follows Kagamine around to make sure they aren't detected and have to fight early on. As they move around, Artisia starts to get a feel for some of the landscaping and the different structures around the area. If she had to, she could flee and make an escape route where they came from.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia listened to whoever made the comment about their plan, but Artisia felt something was off. Their plan had a flaw. It didn't bring all of them together. This plan focused on separating the enemy, but it also separated them. Artisia looked at the alleyway and then toward the top of the building. "That corner definitely serves an advantage, but only for Karasu. Since only one of us can fight, we have to decide who'll take the Ogre on head-first. I think that'd be best for Kagamine, but leaving her alone isn't a good idea." Artisia hit herself on the head. "This could work. I know it. Does anybody else have any ideas about what we could do to increase our chances of killing one ogre and then moving on to the next?" Artisia looked up at the roof of one of the buildings. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]I'm missing something. What's missing?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well ill be up here. If anyone comes into the alleyway, I can shoot them directly from above." That was Karasu's idea. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We could try and pincer them in. When one of them enters the alleyway, another comes from behind and ganks on them." Kagamine speaks up now, and Venom nods in agreement. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"And while I specialize in healing, I have my shield and armor, so I can also act as a wall in case the other one tries to come in. Hopefully though they won't both try to come out of here." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Overall... the odds aren't too much in their favor, but things could work out. "We can always run away if need be as well, and hopefully they won't respawn if we do." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They get into position now, with Karasu on top of the building, Kagamine and Artisia outside of the alleyway, and Venom waiting inside of the alleyway. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"And if need be, lets get atop of the buildings to get a drop on the enemies. So... is everyone ready?" Asks Venom. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]-----[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia looks around with a look of worry on her face. This plan… It seemed flawed, but Artisia would trust that her teammates would help her make it work. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Kagamine, if you could throw me up into the air using your sword at some point, that would be great. It'd serve as a distraction for you to get a hit on their legs. I might also be able to get a hit on their head or something as well. If not, that's fine. Anyway, let's do this."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Everyone was in place. Artisia and Kagamine were near one Alleyway Entrance while Venom was near another. Ouroboros was on the roof, an arrow knotched on his bow and drawn back. His first target was going to the Orcs. After all, he wanted to drain them of as much HP as possible since in the end those two are going to be the much harder opponents to contend with. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He figures that in the time it takes for the Orcs to get to the alleyways where the group is positioned, he'll have time to get off three to six well placed shots in addition to this surprise shot he is about to get off. During their quick planning he gauged that with their speed the Orcs would be on them in about 10 - 15 seconds after he fires his second shot. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And thankfully the enemies don't even seem to have a clue, as they have kept themselves very quiet the entire time. It seems these guys are just guarding this camp rather than patrolling. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Now with a bit of focusing, the arrow he notches begins to glow, before he fires it right towards an Orc. Thankfully, since its unawares, the shot hits despite it not being the best shot in the world. Not horrible, but it could have been better. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Thanks to his speed, he manages to notch yet another glowing arrow and fire it before the enemies can get fully on guard, focusing silently again since he doesn't want to give the Orcs any heads up as of yet. The 'Silent Activation' Skill did use up some HP and Mana, but for an ambush like this it is all worth it. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Another full on hit this time into the same Orc, it letting out another bellow of pain. Artisia can't see how much Damage it's done, due to her still being in the alleyway, but it sounds like it hurt judging by that bellow. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It seems that the creatures are alert now and definitely starting to mobilize as the three Gremlin Rangers draw their bows and aim arrows towards the Ranger on the roof while the Orcs start to make their move towards the alleyways, but not before Ouroboros gets another two shots off at the same Orc. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Charge Mana Arrow!" He shouts with the first shot. Since the Orc is already filled with Arrows, and thus has a somewhat hard time moving properly, this allows the first arrow to hit. Another dead on shot in the creature's torso, this being followed by one more shot with the same Skill being used. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]This next arrow definitely stuck into its side, but not as deep as the first one did, but it still dealt some damage thanks to its barbed head and the Mana that was wreathing the arrow as it flew. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Orcs are starting to make their way forward, sprinting with all of their might towards the closest alleyway as predicted. They get about halfway there as they sprint even faster than what the Snake Ranger anticipated they could. This meant he really would only have time for two more shots. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]That is, if things don't go bad for him as three arrows fly his way from the Gremlins in the camp. The first misses as he quickly stands up from his position on one knee to dodge it. However; as if the two others were anticipating this, two arrows find purchase right in his sides, making the Snake Ranger let out cries of pain as they sink in. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He decides to just fight through it. Still aiming for the unwounded Orc now despite the arrows in him. Unfortunately, while the arrows do hit, the shot wasn't well executed, so the arrows do get off the explosion of Mana into the Orc's side, but the arrows themselves do not stick, only bouncing harmlessly off of the Orc's tough hide due to the poor execution of both shots. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So damage was done, but not nearly enough. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Orcs have neared the alleyway, but rather than both jumping in the second one goes towards the alleyway on the opposite side. It takes cover, taking this chance to pull the arrows out of its hide in two swift motions, gnashing its teeth as it takes more damage in the process. While this definitely would lower its health, it now freed it from the 'Stuck' Status. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The second Orc, being much less wounded, heads straight for that alleyway, making a poor error in judgement as right when it gets close, Kagamine rises right from her position crouched against the wall, slashing at the beast with her broadsword. Her next slash hits dead on as well, but unfortunately her third two-handed strike is parried aside by the Orc's dual axes. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia, in the meantime, activates her in the time it takes for the Orc to get close, activating both Power Hand and Energize Legs, her hand and legs glowing with greenish-bluish energy. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Still, so far this battle is going quite nicely. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]At least for the fighters on the ground anyway, who unlike the Ranger aren't getting another three arrows fired at him, these glowing blue just like the one's he's been firing. All three of them are quite precise, glowing slightly green as they also pulsate with blue, mystical static and energy. The energy, as each arrow hits, seems to strike him first, followed by an arrow. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia can tell that the Ranger's health is not in good shape, as he has a mere 14 HP remaining after all of the damage that has been done to him. Also there is a small, black icon by his name that shows an arm with an arrow stuck through it, this having a small little 5 next to it, most likely indicating that he has five arrows stuck in him. Definitely not a good sign. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Orc also now attacks, swinging its dual axes at Kagamine with all of its might and rage. The first of its dual slashes hits right on, and Artisia who is behind Kagamine can see a nasty 55 points of damage dealt as the blade slashes right across her torso, definitely drawing 'blood'. She isn't able to parry at all as the next draws the same amount of damage. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The other Orc who had pulled out its Arrows begins to move now, moving towards the building for now, but not to the other alleyway entrance, but instead getting closer to its counterpart. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Fortunately though she is barely able to parry the last of the dual slashes from the Orc she is fighting, thanks to its technique not being too great and its swing being spontaneous, and thus a bit sloppy. Still, Kagamine herself isn't doing too great. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And neither is the Archer, as that small icon next to his name shakes, another -25 appearing as he takes more damage from the arrows being in him, this dropping his HP to -11. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Fortunately, despite the immense pain from the arrows, he is able to stay standing. He grits his teeth now, laying down to make himself a harder target for arrows and chugging down a potion for now to get his health back above 0, chugging down a second one as well to restore both Health and Mana. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Their Ranger will need time to recover before he can provide more support. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kagamine strikes now as well once again. Two dead on slashes, the Orc gnashing its teeth. Artisia could perhaps rush in and attack as well right next to Kagamine, or she could choose to stand here for now and let Kagamine deal some more damage and absorb some more blows for her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Deciding to move himself now, Venom goes from the alleyways' other entrance in order to provide support for Kagamine by getting at this Orc's back. He figures that the other Orc will just charge at all of them the moment it gets up from its position, so better to all be together and take out this first Orc as quickly as possible. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"All Out Strike!" He shouts, his Mace glowing as he charges forward. Thanks to Kagamine already being on the Orc, the Cleric is able to flank the Orc, his glowing Mace smashing right into the Orc's back, a loud sound of metal on flesh being heard, as well as cracking bone, as the strike definitely deals a very good blow. An entire 80 Damage in fact. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Unfortunately invoking both Dash and All Out Strike are all he can do in this moment, since utilizing Skills took time, and it seems like the Orc is about to move again. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Finish it off Artsia!" shouts Venom. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia watched as the entire situation played out. Unfortunately, their archer took an immense amount of damage. However, he did help almost take down an orc. The archers seemed to pose a huge threat to their plan, but it seemed that they were doing fine despite that fact. Artisia would have to focus on those archers later, since they seemed to be much more dangerous than they originally anticipated.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia watched as Kagamine took some damage, but she could soon hear the shout of Venom. He was telling her to make the finishing blow. Since she already had her powers activated, it would be easy to move toward the orc and strike. She thought it would be useful to attack toward the center of the orc. It might not anticipate her speed, so it would be hard for the orc to parry her attack. At least, that was Artisia's mentality.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She rushed toward the orc, moving beside Kagamine, then readying her punch right toward the chest of the orc.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] Her first punch hits its chest dead on, dealing 22 Damage. Not... a lot, but this Orc seems to be in a lot of pain. So perhaps the next blow would finish it off. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This second blow only deals 19 Damage, but it still makes the Orc bellow out once again, blackish-reddish smoke coming out of its mouth and from the wounds all over its being. The creature, unable to keep standing, falls backwards now from the force of Artisia's punch, disappearing into a plume of smoke. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]One Orc down. Three Gremlin Rangers and another wounded Orc to go. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As for that other wounded Orc, it had taken the time it's comrade was fighting to move closer to the small store they are hiding in the alleyway of and that the Ranger is hiding atop of, stopping five yards away as its body begins to glow. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In a move that surprises both Swordsman and Cleric, the creature suddenly runs forward a couple yards and jumps. It puts power in its legs as it moves forward, its incredibly strong physique carrying it upwards, enough to grip the top of the small family run store and pull itself up with just a few motions. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This Orc definitely seems different now that its comrade was defeated. It seems faster now, as right after jumping and pulling its incredibly strong body atop the store, it moves towards the Ranger, who is quickly moving to get up in a panic at the Orc just suddenly pulling itself atop the building. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Whether or not any of them could get up there in time to help is a completely different story. They would have probably mere seconds to try and climb up there if they want to help. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia, Kagamine, and Venom all have poor luck in climbing up there, not managing to get good footholds at all to pull themselves up. So for now, all they can hope is that the Ranger can dodge the Orc's swings and dive for rolling off the building. He'd probably take fall damage, but at least it's better than dying. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]One slash is all it takes though, and the Ranger goes to collapse, not getting back up. But not before the Orc gets off one more bloody slash. A head is cleaved from its shoulders, falling to the ground below, making the expressions of both Venom and Kagamine pale. If this wasn't VR, there'd be no doubt that the two would probably pass out, vomit, or both. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But since it is, they are able to steel themselves, especially since the head and body of Ouroboros disappear soon after. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It is clear though that the two are unnerved. In fact, next to their names Artisia can see an icon has popped up. It shows a small human shape shivering and slightly hunched, as if afraid. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"W-We should get out of here. There's no way we can win now without our Ranger" Kagamine is taking steps back into the alleyway now away from the building so that they can start to make a quick retreat. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yea, cmon Artsia. Lets get the hell out of here. This entire thing was a bust!" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Venom is starting to retreat as well. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Will Artisia convince them to stay, or will she follow. After all, there is no way she can beat all of these enemies by herself. If only she was with Team JUSTICE. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia tried her best to climb up the building and help her teammate, but it was to no avail. She hadn't climbed in a while and it was impossible for her to even imagine footholds on the building. She grit her teeth and waited a moment to see what would happen to the archer.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Soon enough, a head came flying down, and she was sure that she would've looked away if it weren't for her unusually calming power. It seemed the other two players were unable to keep their composure, and they began to retreat. Artisia thought otherwise.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"YOU TWO. STOP. COME BACK HERE. NOW." Artisia looked toward the top of the building and clenched a fist. If this orc decided to chop off a player's head, she wouldn't be surprised if it would run after a few players who were trying to get away. They needed to find a way to beat the orc before they could escape. The archers didn't pose a threat for the time being, especially since they were still at the camp from what her mini-map said. The orc was on top of the building and it could probably jump after those two right as they decide to run. "IF YOU DON'T WANNA DIE, COME HERE."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They both pause right as Artisia shouts at them. Well... its just a game after all. Plus, they had this Orc wounded. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"She's right... lets just beat this damn thing!" Kagamine slaps Venom's back, which shakes off his lack of composure and he swallows, giving a nod as he picks back up his Mace and Shield. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"But if things look grim, then we need to get out of here as soon as we can. For now, lets kill the Orc at least." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Upon this happening, a window appears before Artisia. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A Skill has been created through a special action. By successfully altering one's state of mind with a command the ability to better do so, Commanding Voice, has been created. [/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Commanding Voice (Rank 10, Special) (Level 1, 0/3)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]You give a commanding shout or remark of some sort to get something through to somebody else. The strength of your Command is based on 20% WIS (13) = 2. Note though that this won't work all of the time or against every target. Its best use is for inspiring or coercing others. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]During this time though that Artisia spent calming her friends down, the Orc has already jumped off of the roof, taking its time to avoid damaging itself upon its fall, and is now standing a few yards outside of the alleyway entrance, Axes brandished. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Even one of the Rangers has started moving up now to provide the Orc support. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Things seem to be on a turn for the worse at the current moment. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Lets just do this!" shouts the swordsman as she charges forward now, sword brandished as she goes to slash at the Orc with the hefty blade. The first of the two slashes hits, dealing another sixty damage, as she then goes for a quick second slash. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Unfortunately the slash is very poorly executed, not only allowing the Orc to easily parry her blow, but even use its mighty axe to disarm her in the process, her sword getting flung five yards to the east, leaving her without a weapon. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Venom curses and quickly executes the same attack pattern he used last time. Charging plus All Out Strike. It used a lot of Health, but it did a lot of damage. So as long as he didn't miss, it is quite the worthwhile Skill. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He manages to charge forward right as Kagamine gets disarmed, his mace smashing once again right into the creature's stomach, making it cough out a huge amount of the same black smoke as before, having dealt 80 damage once again. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Now its just a repeat of before, with Artisia now having an opportunity to come in and finish it off, or perhaps try for something else. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia was about to tell Kagamine to do something for her, but Kagamine charged right toward the Orc. She almost yelled after her, but since she was already headed toward the Orc, it wouldn't have been worth the effort. Venom charged right after Kagamine and did some serious damage.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Honestly, she was weak in comparison to these two. She wondered why she was even allowed to be on a team with them. But, right now, that thought wasn't important. With the Gremlin archer approaching fast, Artisia needed to just head toward the Orc and hit it with all she had. Her ability would use up a bit too much health for her liking, so she just sprinted and readied a punch that would help them get away from this horrid situation.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A 26 Critical! Appears right above the Orc's head, and it grits its teeth at the strong, for Artisia, hit, still standing despite the incredibly well executed strike. However, it is the next strike, which wasn't the best, but still enough that dealt 7 damage that did the creature in. It must have been on its last leg for a mere 33 Damage to do it in, the Orc's eyes widening before it falls back now, vanishing in a plume of smoke as well. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A Skill has been created through a special action. By striking an opponent's weak point with both luck and Skill the ability to better do so, Critical Strike, has been created. [/BCOLOR]​
[BCOLOR=transparent]Critical Strike[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] (Rank 10, Special) (Level 30, 0/3 SP)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Your ability to attempt to seek out and strike at an opponent's weaknesses. It only activates whenever you deal a Critical Strike with any attack. This special Critical Strike deals 25% more Damage than a regular strike. Furthermore, it ignores 20% of the opponent's Defenses. This Skill can be trained outside of combat. You get two SP for performing the Critical Strike, and then another SP if it defeats the enemy. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]No Items are dropped once again. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Still, for now the two main threats are taken care of. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Now for the Rangers. There seems to be two now that are both about twenty yards away, and each of them fires a glowing arrow right towards Kagamine. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Both arrows stick in deep, with the second one sticking right into her shoulder, much deeper than the other arrow, being a Critical Strike that did a nasty bit of damage, both Arrows having reduced her 140 Health to 68 in just a mere moment. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Venom curses, and he pushes Kagamine towards an alleyway, and she obliges. Here he begins to prepare his Healing Miracles while she carefully pulls the arrows out. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We need to come up with a plan for getting closer to them quickly, but unfortunately there is no other way than the road itself, which they have those bows trained upon. His hand glows as the Prayer is complete, and Kagamine is washed in a soothing light that heals her for 50 HP. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It'll just be Holy Touch and Potions for now. I can only use Prayer once a minute." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]For now, another strategy meeting would be needed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia ducks into the alleyway with the rest of the party and she curses. "Damn. I thought we would've had time before they could get a clear shot at us. Looks like I was wrong." Artisia looks around and tries to find the best way for them to survive this encounter. Without an archer, it's impossible to fight them with fair odds.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia decides it would be best to scale the building and try her best to fend off the enemies from a higher vantage point. That way, she could also potentially lead the archers away from Kagamine and buy them a little extra time. "Wait here. I'm going to go up to the top of the building to see if there's anything for us to defeat them with."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia scaled the wall carefully and she took a good fifteen seconds getting up to the top. She was careful to keep very low while she was up on top of this building. Especially considering that their former archer was made into a pincushion while he was up there.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She army crawled toward a pile of things that were on top of the building. It seems that the former player had left some of his gear behind. Seems he was still of some use, even if he was dead now. She grabbed the bow, his belt pouch, and the arrows that were there as well. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Alright. What do I do now? I have a bow to fight them from a distance with now. But I haven't the slightest idea how to use it. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]But suddenly, an idea popped into Artisia's head. She needed to get back down to the ground before she tried anything else.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She was able to make it down the building safely with the bow and she faced the others with it in hand. "Does either of you have Strength and Dexterity of 15? I'd like one of us to try and shoot at one of the Gremlins to provoke them closer."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We both have it, but the problem is that none of us can actually use a Bow. The Bow requires a Bow Skill. So neither of us will be able to use it." Kagamine just motions to her sword. "I picked a Sword for my Weapon, and Venom has his Shield and Mace." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Venom nods. "They are twenty yards away. With my Charge Skill, I can get right in front of them. I won't attack, but instead raise my shield to just disrupt them, especially since Bows are at a disadvantage right close up. During this, you guys run up behind me. I have thick armor and a lot of health. I'll probably take some hits, but I'm a tank. It's what I do." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kagamine nods. "I like this plan, especially since none of us can use a Bow." She looks to Artisia. "So when I attack my Gremlin, you'll follow up and finish it off as we've been doing, since you still can't deal a lot of damage yet. Once you get your Class Change though that'll assuredly change. Thankfully though these guys don't have as much Damage Reduction as the Orcs do." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It seems a plan has been developed now. Whether or not Artisia would go along with it though is another thing entirely. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia looks to the group and mentally slaps herself. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Right. They're right.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] She listens to the plan that they present her and she wonders whether it would work or not. For the most part, it seems like it would be successful, but Artisia needed to make some adjustments. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"The plan seems good. Venom, I just need you to do something. Can you run a little hunched over? It'll help protect your legs. I highly doubt the archers would shoot right at your shield, so the things they could aim for mostly consist of your legs. Even if they do move around a lot, we'll be charging right at them, so it would give them a good chance to hit them. It might sound stupid, but if we're going to make this plan work, we have to make sure it works. If anything unexpected happens, then we might not be able to adapt." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And I might die, but they don't need to know that.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Also, my concern lies with one of the Gremlins that is staying in the camp. That Gremlin will be able to take shots at Kagamine and I while we're fighting the other Gremlins. If we're going to be successful, we also need to find a way to lure that Gremlin out. I know we need to run away, but if we're going to take out the other two Gremlins, we might as well take out the last one and clear this. Anyone have any ideas on how to do that?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Unfortunately no. Fortunately these guys, from what i've heard, don't have a lot of HP. So as long as we can blitz them, we can finish them off in about two or three strikes." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kagamine nods in agreement at Venom's assessment. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He then readies his shield. "Ok, ill run out there. Wait until I am about five yards ahead before you two start running as well. I need you two to be behind me enough to get in strikes while I keep them occupied." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He runs out of the alleyway to prepare his charge, only to have two static covered arrows fly right at him. And both unfortunately hit dead on. However due to the thickness of his armor and his own defense, they don't do much at all. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So he just yanks the arrows out quickly, before charging forward now, moving very swift thanks to the Skill that drains some of his Health, but allows him to barrel straight ahead. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kagamine follows shortly after Venom goes, trailing behind him, but not nearly as fast as him. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia could do the same, being about a small bit faster than Kagamine at full speed. And she does the same. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Right as Venom arrives, he just holds his shield up right in front of the two, in a low, defensive stance. The Gremlins seem to note his Guarded stance though, and decided to quickly aim towards Kagamine, despite the Mace that he swings at one of them. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And fumbles completely, his swing not only going completely off the mark, but he throws it to the side as well, cursing audibly. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This allows for the two of them to take their shots towards Kagamine. The arrows aren't glowing at least, but still sail normally towards Kagamine. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]One arrow hits, stabbing right into her side, but the second arrow seems to harmlessly dink her armor and bounce off. Perhaps without whatever they were doing to their arrows, their arrows weren't as potent?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Regardless, this allows the two of them to get closer now, closing the distance while Durin shoves his shield at them as they both try to take more shots at Kagamine. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He doesn't do damage, but he does manage to shove one of the Gremlins back, thus throwing off its shot and wasting the arrow. The second Gremlin still fires its Arrow right at Kagamine, who is nearly atop of the Gremlin, right as she arrives. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And once again it hits full on, stabbing right into the center of her torso, making her cough up a bit of blood, but she maintains her composure. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The third Gremlin fires from fifteen yards away back in the safety of the camp, also aiming for Kagamine as well. Its arrow glowing with static. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This leaves a third arrow stuck in her now as it impacts for 33 total damage, 11 of that being mystical. Still, now the two are atop of the Gremlins. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So right now Durin continues to bash the first one with its shield to throw it off. And he succeeds, preventing it from doing anything as he pushes against it with his shield. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kagamine now goes for a flurry of two blows against the second Gremlin. Despite the pain of the arrows draining her health, she manages to get in a very strong hit, dealing seventy damage. She then goes for a second hit. And just like the first, its very well executed, slashing right across the Gremlin's torso once again, smoting its essence from its body. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Finish it!" she shouts. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Now it is up to Artisia to once again deliver the finishing blow. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia decides against using her ability once again as she runs toward the Gremlin that Kagamine was attacking. In hopes of giving it a good punch, she rushes toward the Gremlin, then stops and puts all her willpower into the punch she delivers.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The strategy seems to work. Stop at the last moment just like Kagamine did to prepare a more proper attack rather than just charge in foolishly to allow the Gremlin to escape in the event that either of them missed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This allows Artisia to deliver a punch that knocks the Gremlin over, dealing 25 Damage as she sends it sprawling, the creature vanishing right as it hits the ground. That is one down, two to go. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And Durin seeks to quickly continue to bash at the Gremlin to make sure it can't fire again, so that the other two can run up and finish it. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And it still can't escape as Venom pushes it to the left now, pushing it so that it won't get pushed into the Camp Domain. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The third Gremlin fires another glowing arrow though right at Kagamine. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It still sticks in her, but not as deeply as the other three arrows since it wasn't the best shot in the world. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Still, despite being riddled with arrows, Kagamine endures the health draining pain and in a blaze pushes forward, slashing with all of her might at the Grmelin that Venom is in a confrontation with. Unfortunately her first attack misses completely. In fact... [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She unfortunately slashes Venom right in the side with her sloppy swing. Fortunately Venom endures the hit and keeps the creature pushed against his shield to allow Kagamine a second strike. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She manages to deal 37 Damage to the creature at least, but in reality she should have stayed back, but in her impatience and fury just rushed in so she could finish it as soon as possible. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hopefully though Artisia can mend the situation and finish the pinned Gremlin off. But it doesn't seem nearly as wounded as the previous enemies she has had to finish off have due to lack of distinct gashes. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia puts one of the gremlins out of commission by punching it right in the chest. It gets knocked down and then disappears. But the fight wasn't over yet. The other Gremlin being pinned by Venom still needed to be finished off. Artisia moved to the Gremlin while Kagamine was doing her few slashes at it. Artisia tried to move to a position where, if the Gremlin would run, it would run right into her. Once she did that, she delivered her punch.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her first two hits were good and well, the first dealing 7 and the second dealing 25. Unfortunately the third wasn't done well at all, and she accidentally punches Venom with her full force. Fortunately all she really does is put a small dent in the chain of his armor, and thus it doesn't do much except be a waste of an attack and put more damage on Venom's armor. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Stop hitting me!" he shouts jokingly. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They are doing good, so he feels like he should crack a joke in here to lighten things up. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He would live through that, and he continues to push his shield against the Gremlin to try and keep it from doing anything. Unfortunately it manages to escape, scrambling backwards into the Camp Ring now, Venom cursing. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]At least they kept it from acting. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The other Gremlin though fires another Arrow towards Kagamine. And hits for another full on shot, five arrows being stuck inside of her now. Unfortunately this is when the Arrow Damage hits, draining 25 points of health now, and she begins to drop due to being now at -16 Health. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She isn't able to remain standing, falling down to the ground. She's still alive it seems, but bleeding out, so they would need to heal her as soon as possible. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Durin prepares his Holy Touch as he rushes over to her. As long as he could heal her once, he could at least prevent her from bleeding out so he could start pulling out the arrows. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Get a potion ready!" He shouts. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Holy Touch!" He encants as he kneels down, shield raised to protect him from the side as he touches her with a glowing hand. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She's back at -1 for now. So not in danger unless one of the Gremlins comes and tries to finish her off. Well that, and they would need to pull the arrows from her so she wouldn't keep bleeding from those wounds. Those need to be removed carefully lest the damage would kill her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So Artisia could either chug a potion in her mouth, or crouch low and start pulling out arrows two at a time slowly. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Or do something else. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia watches as Venom heals Kagamine to -1 health. It seems like she's going to be okay, but she has five arrows in her. Venom seemed to want her to make her chug a potion, but Artisia didn't think that was the right choice. The arrows bleeding damage would cause the potion to go to waste in just a few seconds, so she needed to take the arrows out before she could go and make Kagamine drink a potion.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"PROTECT ME WHILE I PULL THESE ARROWS OUT OF HER!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia leaned over Kagamine and then realized something. Soon, these people were going to be her enemies. Artisia looked over Kagamine's weak body and she realized how easy it would be to make her disappear. She could pull out some of the arrows and she could say that she had just accidentally yanked them out because she didn't know what else to do. She could just slap Venom if it came to him pointing a finger at her too. That would make him come to his senses about the whole situation.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia looked over Kagamine and frowned a little. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]I'm sorry. I admire how strong you are, but you're too strong. I can't have you be my enemy in the future, so I have to make you disappear. At least, you won't actually be dying.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He just nods, getting on one knee, his back to Artisia and Kagamine as he is in front of them, shield raised. "Alright, just be careful, but make it quick." After all, he realizes that if the arrows remain inside of her, their very few remaining potions will be a waste. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Of course, both Gremlins are firing arrows at Venom now. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Due to his Shield Block Skill, it seems like he takes less Damage from the Arrow that is now stuck in his side as it got by his defenses, but his toughened body seemed to block most of the damage, only taking a total of 13 Damage from the arrows stuck in him. Still, at least Shield Block also seemed to use HP as well. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia would 'carefully' manage to pull two arrows out, doing so in a manner that still dealt more damage, but made it seem like she's being careful. Just because Venom has his back to her, doesn't mean she can't be cautious. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kagamine goes down to -21 Health now, and the remaining three arrows in her put her down to -36 Health, but she is still alive since she hasn't disappeared yet. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Shield Block" Venom uses the Skill once again, to keep protecting his teammates. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"How's it going back there?" He asks as two more arrows are fired at him. The first one merely bounces off of his armor, but the second one, since it was fired from a mere five yards away, gets right past his defenses. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]All it would take is probably two more arrows now and the bleeding damage would take care of the rest. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia pulls the two arrows out of Kagamine, trying her best to make her death swift, but the way she's going about doing it isn't working. She needs to make it go faster, and the only other way she could think of it would be to pull out the arrows slowly, but turn them as she pulled them out.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia hears Venom ask how she's doing on the pulling out of the arrows and she responds with, "It's going pretty smoothly. I think we'll be in the clear soon." She felt a little bad for having to lie, but to her, it wasn't really a lie. Her plan was going smoothly. And once Kagamine dies, they'll be able to handle the rest of the enemies by themselves. Half of their team is wiped out, of course, but they can at least share the loot and such when they're done. They also get to say they survived a special encounter.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia pulls another two arrows from Kagamine, but turns them as she pulls them out. She desperately hopes that Venom doesn't notice what she's actually doing, but she doubts that he'll see because he seems to trust her. Seems that was a big mistake on his part.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Twisting the arrows seem to work, and as she twists that second one her body finally vanishes, Kagamine being defeated by Artisia's hand even if she didn't put her on the ground. She put her in it. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"NO!" Venom turns his head. "Dammit... I thought you were being careful!" He yells at her, but keeps his stance as two more arrows fly. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The first one is harmless, but the second one hits full on once again. He's only at 75 Health now, but he quickly reaches and grabs Kagamine's discarded Health Potion, chugging it down. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Che, doesn't matter, those arrows inflict a lot of Bleed Damage after all, but this will still be reported. We need to finish these guys now!" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He's mostly speaking out of anger, probably just pinning the blame on her out of momentary spite and anger. He doesn't seem to have actually noticed anything otherwise he would have moved away from her instead of keeping his back exposed to her as he drank down a Health Potion and pulled two close by arrows out, cringing at the 20 Damage dealt. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Go get me my mace!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia felt relieved when Kagamine finally vanished, but she tried to hold the expression of fear on her face. Shock was the only thing that she should display, especially if she was watching someone die who she was trying to save.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But, unfortunately, Artisia's no actress. She couldn't help looking calm as a cucumber, but she did listen to everything Venom said and went to retrieve his mace for him, moving as quickly as she could. She would hand it to him, rather than throw it, since she wasn't the smoothest. Especially not in this situation.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He doesn't really notice her... too calm expression, or perhaps he does, but given that they are still under attack he doesn't take it into consideration. Maybe afterwards he might, but not right now. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Two more arrows are notched, and he quickly moves in front of Artisia, Shield Blocking again. He can't really dodge or block the arrows in time, since he used the Skill last minute, but at least the extra resilience helps to make the arrows less harmful. The first one is a full hit, but the second just bounces harmlessly off of his shield this time. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He quickly chugs down a potion from his pouch, restoring MP and HP, and then grabs his Mace. He moves forward into the Camp domain slowly, readying to step back at the last moment since he knows where the Pole is going to fire. As long as he's fast enough, then he can avoid it right when it fires.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ill bait the pole to fire. After that, we'll go in and attack together."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He steps right into the domain, and a spiraling Magical Arrow swirls right at him. Thankfully his Shield is better, and he manages to block the magical attack with his shield as he steps back, him having readied himself. At the same time, another two arrows are fired. The first once again bounces off of his shield since he is using Shield Block, which drains health, but the second one hits full on. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Now!" he shouts, still having two arrows stuck in him, pulling both out now with his shield hand, just yanking them out, suffering another 20 Damage, but he just ignores it as he rushes forward the five yard distance and swings his mace at the more wounded Gremlin.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Smite!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]His Mace glows with holy power as it strikes the Gremlin. Unfortunately the holy power fails, but his strike is true at least, seventy damage being dealt to the creature. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Finish it!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia's fist rings true, 25 Damage knocking it onto its back and from this world as it vanishes in a plume of smoke. Five more EXP is gained, and with that Artisia finally reaches Level 15. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The other one is still ten yards away though. So Durin activates 'Charge!' as his legs glow, and he rushes forward, before delivering a powerful blow towards the Gremlin. Unfortunately it misses, leaving Venom wide open. The Gremlin takes the opportunity to just dodge backwards instead and notch another arrow, readying itself for Venom. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Unfortunately Artisia is too far away as well to get in an accurate attack, but she could still sprint in and try and see what happens. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]That is, until the tower fires a magical arrow right at her. She barely dodges right out of the way. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia hits the Gremlin with as much strength as she can give and ends up killing the thing, which puts her up to level 15. One step closer to becoming a stronger member for Team JUSTICE.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As soon as she finished that Gremlin off though, Venom charges toward the other. Artisia almost runs toward him when she sees an arrow flying right at her. She dodges it by shifting her torso just enough for the arrow to miss. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Jeez. That was close.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Artisia runs toward the last Gremlin and swings two punches at it. The first is a critical, indicated by the text above the enemy's head, and the second is a bit weaker in comparison to the first. She steels herself to get in another few hits so that she can finally get out of this situation.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Venom runs forward now, moving in close to the Gremlin. Wanting to finish this so that they can quickly capture the Flag before it fires again, so he quickly moves forward, getting into tandem with Artisia as he swings. Unfortunately the swing misses, and thanks to how poor it is the creature is able to step back. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He was hoping for a one two finish, but that didn't seem to work. So instead he calls out "All Out Strike!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It may cost a lot of health, but it'll get the job done. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He rushes forward, his mace glowing brightly with energy, before it then slams right into the creature's face. 94 Damage was dealt at the cost of 50 Health and 10 MP being taken away from his bars, the creature flying back about five yards from the impact before it finally stops moving and just vanishes. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Quickly, capture the Flag before it fires again!" shouts Venom. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And all she had to do is just put her hand on it and shout "Capture!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia watches as Venom's first attack misses, but then he uses his power to finish the creature off. He tells her what to do, so she does exactly what she was told. She runs toward the pole, touches it with her hand, and shouts, "Capture!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Flag glows, and Team Snake's flag appears. The Purchase Chest also glows, and a window indicating for them to check the Chest and that they gained 8 EXP from this Encounter both appear. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Wanting to begin healing though, Venom sheaths his weapons and starts to mumble, starting to incant his Prayer so that he could get some of his HP back. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Venom seems to mumble something, which alerts Artisia. She needed to get rid of Venom too. He was a hard-hitter and the fact he could heal was invaluable to Team Snake. "Hey wait! Venom, maybe you should-" Before she finishes, she decides to punch him in the back twice. She needed him dead. This was the most efficient way to do it. No one could know what happened here, especially since Venom might have known that she killed Kagamine. It would ruin her chance to help Team JUSTICE and she couldn't have that.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He hears her voice. It doesn't throw off his concentration, but suddenly getting punched in the back does. His Prayer is disrupted, and he lets out a loud gasp of pain as he quickly moves forward, spins around, and takes out his weapons. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What the hell are you doing?! A-Aren't we on the same side?!" He seems rather confused, but is quickly taking a stance so that he can fight back, but is still right in front of her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her first punch that she throws bounces harmlessly off of his armor and skin as the brunt of the blow is redirected by his shield, but she quickly throws a second with her other hand. This catches him off guard, smacking him right in the face for a total of 13 Damage, plunging him into -9 Health. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He remains standing though, and hits her once with his Mace. The heavy, one-handed weapon deals 26 Damage on the first hit, due to not being full contact, but the next one deals a very heavy 46 Damage. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If Artisia takes two more hits like that its over, so she'll need to finish this next blow, lest everything be for naught and she be killed, since the Cleric probably isn't going to listen to any reason anymore. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The first hit strikes true, but even through that his determination does not waver, his eyes glaring at her as he struggles to stay standing. The second hit, however; is what finally sends him spiraling to the floor, his consciousness gone as he collapses. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He is only unconscious though, not dead. Artisia would need to hit him a few more times to finish the job, lest he wake up. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia looks down at Venom before she decides to punch him two more times in order to finish him off. She really couldn't have him telling anyone about this now. She can see that his armor has worn down to nothing and he's battered and beaten. She felt kind of bad for beating someone while they were down, but she needed him to stay quiet. The only way to ensure that was to kill him. Not literally, but just kick him from the game through death. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Surely, her Team would embrace her even further if she was able to tell them a story about how her team all died one-by-one as they fought the different guardians at the camp. One axemen killed the Ranger, the other axemen did in their swordswoman, and the Gremlins did in the Cleric. She was barely able to reach the pole to capture the camp, but she did it. That was the story that everyone was going to buy. With that, she sent her fists down on Venom's body. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm sorry. I really am."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After his body disappeared, she picked up his weapon and his shield and put them in her inventory. She also walked over to Kagamine's sword and picked that up as well. She now had equipment from each team member, which people from Team JUSTICE could probably use.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After she finished picking up these pieces of equipment, she opened her Stat page and noticed she had 10 AP to spend. Right now, with the armor penalty, she wasn't able to make as many attacks as she thought she was capable of. If she put Agility up to 20, she could make more attacks one round, as stated by the title "Swift". She decided it would also be wise for her to put her remaining AP into a point of Strength. She needed the damage she could do to go up even more than before. If she was going to be useful, she needed to hit harder. Artisia looked over her HP and MP. Both of those stats were relatively low. Especially when she would use abilities. If she ever wished to survive more battles by herself, she needed more HP and MP. That would have to come later though.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Artisia then walked over to the Purchase Chest to see what she, by herself, had won from the encounter.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Chest had a good number of things in it. There were five Rejuvenation Potions, definitely useful for Artisia since she uses both her Mana and HP for her Skills. Present in the chest was also 35 Gold Coins and 150,000 Yen. The Monsters here have been dropping yen for her, whenever she dealt the final blow anyway. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Of course, that wasn't all that was in the chest. There was also a [+5 Fighter's Belt], a [+5 Amulet of Natural Defense], and something called an [Ability Rune: Mana Point]. What the last one did, however; is something that wasn't appearing. All that appeared for the last one is the Item's name. Still, at least the first two Items had good Stats, which she could see when she puts them on. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]All that would be left now is getting back to Team Snake and reporting the 'tragic news'. That is, if the main force has already come back from the Station Boss Raid. [/BCOLOR]​

embed.php

Artisia opened the chest and found four different types of items waiting for her. Of all the items, Artisia was the most excited by the +5 Fighter's Belt. It gave her points in Strength, which she thought she needed desperately. She was also grateful she received the rejuvenation potions, especially because her abilities use both HP and MP. The Amulet of Protection was very good for her, since she was a bit squishy in comparison to some of the other players on her team. The ability rune was the only thing she was very confused by. What was an ability rune? And what purpose did it serve? The hell? Mana point? What the hell does that even do for you? As it looks now, I don't see anything that it does. I'll have to ask Rei what it's for. I'll send him a message in a second about what it does. Hopefully it's useful.

Artisia closed the chest and then looked around for a moment, trying to figure out what she should do for the time being. The main group from the camp has probably gone off for now, so making her report probably would be for naught. If Team Snake didn't get obliterated though, she needed something to help Team JUSTICE out. Being just a spy wasn't going to be enough if they suffered a loss against Team Snake. She needed something that could directly help Team JUSTICE when her reports wouldn't be enough to help them. She needed to be a member of Team JUSTICE and Team Snake. Although she'd don the colors of Team Snake. Artisia wondered if she had the coins to try and convince Arcadia to give her the dual team member status, but she'd never know until she tried.

Before she did that though, she remembered she needed to send Rei a message about the Ability Rune to see if he knew anything about it. "Private Messaging." She questioned whether he knew about them or not, and if he did, why she hadn't heard of them before. She also asked whether he knew what they did and what the specific Ability Rune she got does.

As soon as she finished with her message and sent it to Rei, she decided to see if Arcadia would bend the rules a little for her. "ARCADIAAAA! I'VE GOT SOME COINS FOR YOU! I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU CAN DO SOMETHING FOR ME!" Artisia waited to see if she'd get a response. If she did, she'd pose her little query to the man. If not, she'd wait a moment and consider what might get his attention.

While Tian worked on experimenting with something else he could do with his Mana Sphere, which to be more properly utilized meant he would have to invest a bit into learning how to properly use Mana, Alexander decided to reach out to the Elemental Plane of Flame once again to make contact with the Metaphysical Element.

Contact the Flame
41 - 8 Flame Magic = 33

Soon enough he finds himself in that space once again, only this time he now finds himself face to face with a humanoid shape (or at least half of one anyway). There are bits and pieces of flame like static coming from its body.

"Thou hast made a more successful contact this time. Thy growth is quick, and thine power impressive. As such, whenever thou art in need of aid, feel free to call upon a Servant of Flame with this Spell."

Suddenly the wispy humanoid shape would move towards Alexander, before starting to swirl around him. The being becomes a ring of fire, which begins to immolate Alexander's entire being. His body and mind are all burning, and the pain seems overwhelming, but right before he hits the end, Alexander finds himself back in reality (where he had still been the entire time, eyes closed, probably with a bit of sweat on him now) with some new windows greeting his now opening eyes.

Your successful contact with the Elemental Plane of Flame has granted you a new Spell.

Summoning
A Spell used by Mages to summon different magical beings from other realms. The Rank, MP Cost, Chant, and Casting Time of this Spell all vary upon what sort of being you are summoning. Each creature you can summon counts as a different Spell you are contracting unless stated otherwise.

'Minor Flame Elemental' (Rank 10)
MP Cost: 10% to 50% Max MP
Casting Time: 2.5 Seconds
Chant: 'Come to mine aid, O Servant of Flame!'
Spell DL (Novice): 75
Duration: 15 + 5 Seconds / 24 MP Used
Summons a Minor Flame Elemental within five yards of the caster, and will do as the Caster commands within reason. Its HP is boosted directly by 2x Flame Affinity. Furthermore, its attacks all get an additional boost to their Damage Mod equal to 10% SR.

This Spell would be good for the upcoming battle ahead, since Metaphysical creatures like Elementals, Spirits, and other such things in nature should be harder for Fighters to deal with. While a Flame Elemental seems like a type of damage causing creature, it also seems like it can definitely disrupt an enemy in other numerous ways as well.

With a new Spell, a new Skill Function, and a new Gamer; Team JUSTICE is ready to go and meet Team Peacock. And it seems like just in time as well, as Kamui makes his return now. Here the Wind Mage would see... Blade? He certainly looks like Blade, a little different though. It must be his new, and ridiculous, getup. Although they were called Orcish Shortswords, in reality the blades' size and weight made them more feel like Long-swords than anything.

So while Colten could potentially Duel Wield them, perhaps just wielding one two handed as he did before could also suffice. Regardless, these blades definitely felt heavier, and possibly stronger, than his previous sword did, the likes of that blade now being held by a Gremlin somewhere. Perhaps he could return for revenge later.

Regardless, right as the Gamers - Rei + Kamui are all about to set off, their Camp's Flagpole suddenly glows, a window appearing before the group just before they are about to leave their Camp.

The 'Festival Hill' Camp is Under Attack.

Will you go defend it?

[Yes (Teleport)] [No (Dismiss Notification)]

Instead of going to defend the Festival Hill, the general consensus among Team JUSTICE! was to go and just attack the Team Snake Camp. After all, none of them had any confirmation as to whether or not Team Snake was indeed attacking their Camp, as it could be anyone, and if Team Snake was attacking their Camp it would leave the five Camps around Gekkoukan practically defenseless given how ten of them are soon to be engaging in battle with Team Peacock.

The Gamers would see a couple of new Windows upon coming with this consensus.

Quest 'Attack Snake Gekkoukan' Accepted!

Attack Snake Gekkoukan!

Time Limit
54 Minutes

Recommended Level

Objectives
Defeat the Team Snake Members at Gekkoukan.
Take the five Gekkoukan Camps (Optional).

Failure Penalty
Unknown

Rewards
15 EXP
2 AP

It would definitely take the attackers thirty minutes to get to the Station Camp from the Festival Hill, maybe more given the increased encounter rate, so that would be enough time for the Teleportation to and from the Station Camp to cooldown. It would also give Team JUSTICE more than enough time to not only meet up with the two Peacocks via teleporting to Colten and Kamui's former camp and running to the meeting place from there, but to also take at least one Team Snake Camp to allow them teleportation back to the Station Camp if need be.

So with that in mind, the Festival Hill Camp would have to be sacrificed for the sake of this plan, since going to take it now would be a huge waste of time.

So Team JUSTICE would first teleport from the Station Camp to the former Wolf Camp, then they would begin an about ten minute run from this Camp to the proposed meeting location.

Along the way, they would meet a squad of Gremlin Archers. Six of them in fact. Despite the Gamers out-leveling these Archers, they definitely give the Gamers a run for their money. Especially near the end of the fight, with the last two fighting hard enough for all six of them.

Armor is definitely damaged, and there is a small bit of fatigue from the encounter of this squad of highly tactical Gremlins. Still, their death does spawn a small chest of Items. Its nothing major. Aside from the twelve gold the Gremlins left behind, plus more of the nasty Barbed Iron Arrows that have been proven time and time again to pack a real punch, the spoils they received from this chest also included 15 Gold, five Rejuvenation Potions, two Instant Armor Repair Kits (repair 10 Points of AR on use, takes one minute to activate), and a Ferry Stone.

Overall some good EXP and SP (which is new for Colten) came from this encounter. With how exhausting it was though, it meant that when Team JUSTICE does arrive at the Peacock's recon Camp, they would need to rest for a few minutes to recover, which they would be doing anyway since that is also where they would be coming up with their initial attack strategy.

Luckily no more obstructions block them, and the camp comes into view, with Gekkoukan now only being about five or so minutes away now. And of course, Miyuki and Kensuke are waiting at this camp as originally intended.

"Well well, glad you guys could make it. We were worried that Gremlins might have done you in. They are getting much smarter after all. Its almost like they're JDF soldiers." Kensuke just laughs a little.​

With the help of Tian, Shouko, and likely that lovely Gamer Passive, Alex watched as Colten slipped into the casual calm that the gamers had, and adjusted to everything fairly well. I wonder if that's how we would have acted had we not simply woken up as Gamers? Shrugging it off, Alex got ready for the plan they had laid out, till a curve ball was thrown at them. Someone wanted to be a hero, someone just poofed away their strongest ally.

After Tian got smashed by Arcadia, Alex just stood there and stared, And they tell me I shouldn't talk? That idiot... Alex decided it was best to focus on what he could do, instead of the others on his team for the time being.

Attempting once more to contact the plane of flame, Alex found it a very painful experience, though the reward was plenty worth it. Seems like whatever is in charge of the Plane of Flame is starting to recognise my greatness. Alex clenched his fist, This is going to come in handy.

~~

Upon seeing the notification about their old base, Alex closed the window without second thought, No point in fighting an unknown enemy, when I am still not ready to fight on my own.

~~

After finishing off their goblin foes, and a bit of a walk, they finally made it to the rendezvous point, the Peacocks having arrived prior to team justice.

"Now now, when we work as a TEAM, there is no reason to worry about any of us dying." Alex was sure to make that word stick out, hopefully some people would have it driven into their minds. "We may need a bit of a breather, so lets go over the battle plan and formation shall we?" Alex wanted to take the lead on this one, as when Tian has voiced lately, it has lead to disaster, "We have three Mages, each with different elements, an archer and three front liners. I can summon an elemental to be on the front with you guys as well." crouching to draw in the dirt with his wand, "I would suggest we either split into two groups and flank the camp, and disable some of its defences quickly, or we try to trick them and pull some of them out of the safety of their camp." Drawing the two plans in the dirt Alex stood up straight, "If I am going to play, I am going to win. There is no point in an epic victory if only a handful of your friends survive to enjoy it."

"At least they aren't packing guns and grenades, eh?" Tian-Gui replied with a laugh.

The archers WERE a much bigger threat than before though. An ambush from the rooftops made it difficult to deal with them, and the two that remained had continuously adopted hit-and-run tactics instead, evading his attempts to lock them down for the others to deal with. A strangely difficult fight, all things considered, but it did bring up two important items: the Instant Armor Repair Kits. His own armor had taken much of the beating during the fight, as Tian-Gui had spent more time shielding his long-range allies from arrow shots than going on the offensive, so having something like that was simply amazing for him.

Sitting crosslegged on the ground as Alex detailed his own plans, the tank scratched his chin and mulled over it for a while.

"There are only two defenses a camp has. A Flag Pole and a Guardian. We can attack the Flag Pole at a distance and force them out that way. Same with the Guardian, really, if it's an Orc Axman. We don't, however, split up for this. Focus fire and break down whatever they have. The faster we destroy the defensive threats, the faster we can enter their own base without worrying about all those things."

He turned to Alex then.

"Tricking them and pulling them out of their camp is unlikely. Even if EXP bonuses don't persist anymore, there are still a whole lot of other bonuses. Only way to draw them out is through long-range attacks on their infrastructure, or they can just hole up in their camps and deal with threats from there, right? Unless you have another gambit you want to try?"

Wiping out their camp defenses before a fight was fine with Tian-Gui, after all. A fair fight should be between players only. No siege bullshit.

Despite everything Colt was happy to reunite with Kamui, having greeted him casually before letting Kamui know that he honestly doesn't know why the game has given him a second chance but he certainly isn't gonna complain about the stroke of luck. He wasn't a good liar so he stayed as honest as possible which was pretty close to the truth.

-----
Regardless his word has been kept as he was asked to not tell Kamui about the "Gamers" or any of that bit. Getting some good payback against some gremlins on the way however felt real great despite them not being the same group that originally did him in. The SP gain struck Colt with a confusing surprise but in good judgment decides to keep questions about the new "game mechanic" for later. The fighter agreeing with the majority about pressing on and closing out the teleport screen to the under attack camp.

-----
Upon reaching the meetup point along with Team JUSTICE and the two members of Team Peacock Colt doesn't pay them much mind, giving them a glance here and there. Instead the hot-blooded red head was more keen on listening in on the battle plan in discussion; casually holding his arms behind his head with a casual expression. Both Alex and Tian-Gui seemed to have a good handle on what would work in terms of dealing with the camp home field advantage. Even smiling at Alex's comment about playing to win and win utterly rather than just scrapping by.

Once the two spoke Colt would chime in as well, standing off to one side of the two. "I'll have to agree with Tian-Gui about it being unlikely that they'll come out of the camp...even if the flag pole and guardian are destroyed. But not just because of any additional in camp bonuses they may or may not have." The berserker pauses for a moment before retrieving his two orcish blades and impaling them into the ground just in front of him. "Any fortification acts like a rallying point to it's defenders. It helps stabilize moral and we know in this game also serves as a teleportation spot for reinforcements. As has been said besieging won't end well for us and will favor them. But we can't pull them out cause they know that favors us in more ways than one and remember just because we can shoot them doesn't mean they can't shoot us. In a skirmish if the defender has ranged options they have the advantage." He pauses once more as he retrieves his two blades from the dirt and things each over one of his shoulders casually with a big toothed grin. "When time isn't on the side of the attacker, hitting hard and fast is what is left and we still hold the element of surprise. Also, all plans go out the window in a battle once the stage has been set. I know it sounds simple but I propose the front-liners charge ahead and storm the camp with the ranged in tow. The ranged in tow focus down primary targets as they appear and mop up while the front lines cause havoc and keep enemy melee from reaching our ranged. We eradicate the enemy forces quickly and capture as soon as possible. I'd suggest the ranged to all together focus fire on individual targets until they are eliminated before moving on to the next target."

The young man then laughing to himself for a moment. "Either something like that or just put the whole camp to the torch with fire magic and fire arrows to basically force them out and damage moral but I'm not entirely sure if we are capable of that. The whole fire thing being a good tactic back in the day of course."

Miyuki and Kensuke both listen to the plans being given to them. Once three speeches had been given, Kensuke speaks up now. "I honestly have to agree with Giu-Tan's plan." He looks at the plans that Alex drew up, and then back up at the others. "The Guardian is just an Axman, since Team Snake spends all of their gold on not only keeping their vast numbers equipped, but also upgrading their camps' facilities rather than the actual defenses."

Then Miyuki speaks up. "They have three Orc Shamans, but not at this Camp. So we need to simply take out the Guardian and let them come to us. After all, one of their members is your Spy, and their ten strongest are all heading towards the East Station and right into our ambush. So at the least, we'll have to deal with six. At the most, ten, and with the new rules in place they can only teleport five to us at a time."

"So lets go and, if there's no one there, we take out the Guardian as fast as we can. Lure it out with Ranged Attacks, and once its defeated we capture the Camp. Our priority has to be the Guardian though, as it is the primary threat. So even if others show up, the Guardian has to be eliminated as soon as possible. Thankfully with at least five of us having Ranged Attacks, dealing some heavy damage to the Guardian in one swift shot will make taking it out much, much quicker, and by filling it with arrows we can definitely slow it down and give it Bleed Damage."

With that, a plan had been set into motion. Take out the Guardian first. And from there, they would just go with the flow. It seems though that for now the Guardian is the highest priority, which is true since these Orcs are all especially strong. Plus the Monsters here all seem to be growing smarter, so it suffices to say that the Guardians may also be growing more intelligent as well. Needless to say, if The New Gamers + Kamui want to win without casualties, they would need to take out the Guardian first.

It seems that perhaps luck may be on their side for now. After five minutes, it now having been ten minutes since they got to the Peacock's Camp, they arrive at their destination with thankfully no enemies appearing, Team JUSTICE + Miyuki & Kensuke come upon the Camp, currently stopped about fifty yards away. There is no one there at this Camp about fifty yards west of the western wall surrounding the Campus except for a familiar burly looking Orc Axman.

Miyuki takes out her staff and Kensuke prepares a barbed arrow. "Ok. So we Ranged attackers will go in first. The Camp has a Domain Range of thirty yards, and with the Orc at the center that'll be about a twenty yard shot once we get close enough. We don't need to go to the edge of the ring, because one of the tactics these guys have developed is pulling an opponent into the ring so that they'll get shot by a Flag Pole."

So in a sense, the Guardians really are growing more intelligent as well.

"Once its out, we need to be on it with swords and fists as soon as possible. Don't worry about it retreating back, we can just shoot it again if that happens."

With that, a plan had been set. "We don't know how long it will take for people to show up. The moment we attack the Guardian, if the Snakes are at any of their Camps, they'll be alerted. So lets strike it hard and fast. Anyone who is sticking with Melee needs to stick right behind us Ranged Attackers, so that way we can back up to get behind you the moment the Orc is out of the Ring. After all, we don't want the Orc to pull any of us into the Ring."

With that, Kensuke and Miyuki would begin to advance quickly now. The plan is to stop five yards away and the moment they did, fire their most powerful shots. Unfortunately with the way the camp is positioned, there is no particular terrain to take advantage of, meaning everyone would be on a flat playing field with this one for now.

Still, the moment everyone is in position and the shots are being fired, that is when the battle will begin.

This is the New Gamer's chance to shine. Their chance to show Rei what they are capable of.

To Stand Up and Be Strong

Shouko nodded as the plans were formulated and took her position with the rest of the ranged attackers. She equipped her bow and quiver, filling it with both her barbed arrows and the new arrows Rei had sold her. For the first shot, she selected the new toys- Zombie Arrows, capable of inflicting Lifeless status upon its targets, preventing health recovery. It would eliminate the possibility of a healer on the enemy team negating their damage.

She nocked the insidious projectile and aimed at the Orc Guardian. Shouko shuddered at the thought of its strength, having seen their own version slay enemies with ease. Hopefully it would be nearly dead from the barrage of projectiles.

"New arrows?" Tian-Gui noted, as he took his own position behind Shouko, "Pretty evil-looking stuff."

With that, the titan stretched his muscles, limbered up a bit, before letting out a deep breath. His Mana Sphere wasn't going to do enough damage here to even scratch the Orc Guardian, so instead, he will prepare himself. His muscles tensed, just enough that he can feel his physical strength ready to burst. His inner energies swirled, Ki and Mana both prepared to release and crush. His instincts sharpened, reminding himself that this was his first time against a Guardian of a camp.

The moment an attack came, Tian-Gui will be ready to intercept and protect.

Colten nods in agreement with pretty much everyone else as he took his own position behind the ranged line as instructed; though he specifically stood behind Kamui as it seemed very customary for the circumstance. If he could help it he would protect Kamui from any threats during the start of this approaching battle. Fearing that his fellow teammate may in turn be forced to become a Gamer after death just as Colten did himself.

Then as more thoughts of the battle to be began to seep into his mind a tension filled excitement would bubble up inside his chest. Reasonably if this was a default orc axe men and flagpole he didn't feel much worry with so many bodies and ranged attack ready to focus it down as Colt and Kamui alone were able to fell one; granted it was an extremely close call. What was exciting him was the scale of which this fight may have. Two decently large groups of combatants going at it in addition to the fact that the stakes were higher now as what was explained to him. This was now truly as real as real could be and the berserker power was swelling within him probably in response to a trickling feeling of suspense which began overflowing like a waterfall. The crimson-haired fighter takes up his two heavy crude blades, holding them out at his sides as he crouches slightly with a big grin just waiting for the hammer to drop.

Alex begrudgingly accepted the plan, There are always methods which can be abused to our advantage. Straight laced fights are not my style and make unnecessary risks

Lining up with the ranged fighters, Alex got into a battle stance, completely for show, as it wouldn't change how he cast his spell. Lets hope they don't have a bunch of healers or ranged at this camp. With his thoughts focusing on all the potential things that could go wrong, Alex almost lost control of his mana again. I really should find a way to have better control, maybe after all of this. Eyeing his target up, he chanted, "Flames, Gather and Strike, Flame Bolt!" He thrust his wand forward, the flames gathering before being launched out as flame bolt+.

Kamui followed the others and listened to the planning. He didn't interject because either way would be fun really, he just sat back and looked at Blade. How did Blade somehow move around him without Kamui noticing him. I mean he's not really a subtle guy in any sense of the word, but somehow sneaked around and made it back to camp before kamui did. He shrugged and decided he'd ask about it later as they were all leaving to attack the snakes base with the single guardian.

kamui simply rocks back and forth listening to the others say what to do and moves into a spot with the other ranged combatants and pulls his mana rod out with one hand, and his wind wand in the other. He points the rod at the guardian, a sideways smirk on his face and says "Mana Whirl." He didn't feel like using wind magic this time cause of the failure before.

Shouko Arrow Fire
72 - 8 Accuracy - 10 Distance Bonus = 54

The grim, dark looking arrow flies forth from her bow, being the first thing to strike the Orc who only notices the ambush all too late. The arrow strikes the Orc, sticking into the creature as it lets out a roar, the cold, grey magic of the arrow seeping into the wound before vanishing, a grey 22 appearing above the creature's head. The creature gasps and chokes for a few moments, before its skin seems to take a grey tint to it. Whatever sort of Magic that the arrow has seems to have taken its mark as the creature failed to resist the deathly power of the Arrow.

This meant that the Orc wouldn't be able to recover any HP whatsoever, and if it tried it would instead take Damage. Of course, only Shouko who knew about the Lifeless Ailment would know this. Everyone else would just know that the arrow did something to the Orc. What it did though is a question to ask Shouko.

Flame Bolt +
47 - 9 Flame Magic = 38

2 + 10 Accuracy Penalty - 12 DEX = 0

Alexander would intone the magical words, raising the magical rod in his hand towards the Orc. Orange static moved around the rod before forming at the tip, materializing as a ball of flame that then shot straight towards the Orc with deadly precision. Due to both the Orc's decent Resistance Score and Alexander's Flame Magic not being too developed yet the deadly ball of Flame Magic only did 13 Damage to the Orc. Still, some Damage is definitely better than none.

Mana Whirl
10 - 10 Distance - 11 Focus = -11

Next came a Mana Whirl from Kamui. This, like Alexander's Flame Bolt +, was shot with incredible precision as well. He would spin his rod a bit in the air, whirling the Mana, before launching the whirling projectile. It would make a solid, strong impact right against the Orc's body, a blue 33 appearing above its head in the process.

Volatile Bolt
22 - 10 Distance Bonus - 12 DEX = 0

Xenon fired his own Volatile Bolt with deadly precision. It strikes dead on, dealing right off the bat 25 points of Damage. The bolt then explodes, pushing the Orc back about a yard as it deals 9 more points of Damage right after that, a multi-hit Skill that seems truly useful indeed, even if its Damage Output didn't seem all too high at the current moment.

As everyone fired their projectiles, Kensuke himself would notch two arrows on his bow, calling out "Multi-Shot!" as he fires both of them. The first one hits right in the Orc's shoulder blades with critical precision as a 51 Critical! appears over the Orc's Head, only the Gamers able to see it though. The second arrow hits as well, although since the Skill seemed to make it harder to aim it merely grazed the Orc for just three points of Damage.

By the time the main Rangers finished firing their Projectiles, Miyuki finished the Incantation for her own Spell.

"Gather to me, power of Aqua, and pierce the foe before me. Aqua Arrows!"

In a flash of blue static, three watery arrows appear around Miyuki's own Aqua Rod, which she then waves to fire both Arrows at the Orc. All three Arrows hit the Orc dead on for 25 Damage each. The Orc has taken a very large chunk of Damage, and is growling angrily. It begins to rush forward now, sprinting with all of its speed, but stops just short of the Ring. Instead it holds its Axe outward, before suddenly slashing it sideways.

Right before it could slash though, Tian-Gui would spot the opportunity and rush in, tackling the beast. Right as it seemed to be about able to stay its ground and finish its attack, an extra surge of strength would allow Tian to push the Orc slightly to the right. The Orc swings its axe, a large crescent of Arcane power and static erupting from the blade as the swing arcs, the crescent shaped projectile shooting right for Alexander, Kamui, Miyuki, and Kensuke.

Alexander, who was right on the edge of it, easily moved his body to dodge right out of the way just in time, while a large, bloody gash would appear right on the chests of Kamui, Miyuki, and Kensuke as each of them took 50 Damage even right from the strange, arcane attack.

Your agile movements have allowed you to acquire a new Skill. The Agile Step Talent Skill can be unlocked.

Agile Step (Rank 10, Cost: 8 AP)

The two Peacocks who were hit let out a loud cry of pain as they were hit with the attack. Whatever that attack was, it seemed to ignore all of their Armor and everything. Still, despite the Orc getting off that one strong attack, it has still taken a ton of Damage, and now it has to contend with not only Tian grappling it, but the fact that it is in much more optimal range for not only the Ranged Attackers, but for the Melee Fighters like Colten.

Just one more round and hopefully they will manage to topple this beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.