Status
Not open for further replies.
The berserker was listening to the scout's words and was pleased to hear his apology was not in vain. Of course to no surprise the only thing that the fighter red head didn't like hearing was when he was picked at for his faults which has seemed to be the common place now as his tempter was mentioned to be controlled better. This causing Blade to noticeably give a heavy sigh before focusing back on the player who was challenging him. Blade watched as the girl clearly became angry and seemed ready to let loose. He grit his own teeth within his mouth and did not look away, awaiting what he expected to be a blow however to his surprise the attack did not come. Instead he witnessed the girl and Xenon expressing pleasantries as if they've known each other. The fighter would give a confused expression for a quick moment before it abruptly changed to one of questioning and and trying to get words out with little success. He stood there next to with a single index finger raised while he mumbled some incoherent "Uhs" and "Ums" as he watched a hug be exchanged between the two.

As the walked past Blade and spoke her words about him going to hell himself so that she wouldn't have to do it herself Blade erupted in a comical display of frustration and anger as he clenched a fist, holding it in front of him towards her back as she walked away from them. "Oi!!! Oi!!! What the hell was that for!? The fighter stomping his feet a little into the dirt, kicking up some dust before outstretching his right arm and finger towards the nearly out of sight Artsia and scout in a goofy manner. "Gahhhhhhh!!! Fine! Next time we see each other I'll kick your ass fair and square then!" Standing there with his legs slightly bent and back hunched Blade took a few more heavy frustrated breaths before running back to his sheath and sword he had dropped to the ground with great vigor before reequipping it before he began to dash off into the woods kicking up a dust cloud. "Do what you guys want, I'm gonna go get stronger! I ain't leaving this god damn game till I beat everyone and everything that moves!" This last bit not retaining any frustration or anger though as it retains more of an excited feeling as the fighter was sporting a big smile as he dashed off to quickly find some monsters to grind. A strong need for progression has now washed over him. Leveling, skills, equipment; it didn't matter as he wanted to advance in anyway he could. Short of the faults or quirks in his personality of course.

Kamui was standing there, his arms crossed as Artisia and Blade stood in front of him and smirked at them, chest pounders... he let's out a chuckle as the red-mained fighter girl yelled at his red-mained fighter guy and he started cackling and laughing uncontrollably as Blade grabs his sword and runs off to train. bent over he looks to Xenon and nods his head towards Artisia "So old flame...seems like we've got ourselves some fun times ahead." He shakes his head, wiping a fake tear from his face

"As much as I want to find out what the hell is going on with those guys I think Blade needs a party to get stronger...cause soloing isn't in his best interest...although I think i SHOULD reaheeheally buy the wind magic skill cause I've never missed with magic...kinda pissed actually haha." Kamui starts walking back to camp to get his skill.

Xenon barely hand the time to raise his hand and briefly rest it on Artisia's upper back when she came in for a quick hug. There were a number of questions spinning in his head: Where have you been? Why are you with that scout? How much do you know about the gamer? And most importantly - Are you okay? The red haired teen didn't get the opportunity to answer any of these questions though, as Artisia quickly gave him a run down of her actions.

It was a crafty, but also potentially dangerous plan, seeing as she was (and had been) in the middle of enemy territory for the while. But Xenon trusted her. Trusted that she could take care of herself, and trusted she would be back. Though, that didn't stop his eyes from momentarily lingering on her departing figure before turning back to the ex-wolves.

"I know her in real life," Xenon supplied to Kamui. The red haired teen then gave a bemused chuckle to Blade's reinvigorated motivation. Somehow, I don't think fighting her is going to be a good idea, seeing as she's going to be your future teammate, he thought discreetly. That said, I really should update the others.

"I'm going to go ahead and go back to camp with Kamui too," Xenon called out to Blade. Then, he turned and high tailed his way back to the camp.

Upon arriving, it was easy to see that there were some extra faces in the camp. Seeing that the correspondence with the peacocks was underway, Xenon skirted the edge of the bubble and gently tapped Shouko on the shoulder. "Sorry, I just got here," he whispered over, "What's going on?"

Shouko had kept silent throughout the meeting so far. As usual, Tian-Gui acted as the leader, before the other members gave their input. It was a configuration that was becoming the norm in their party. Shouko was fine with it. She was still confused by all this talk about combat and ambushes.

The negotiations had come down to a vote, and Shouko had no choice but to respond. The Peacock girl's analysis of the plans struck a chord with her own thinking. Tian-Gui, as usual, was planning something reckless. Couldn't a balance be struck?

"Announcing our attack? I don't think you could have come up with a more Tian-Gui themed plan," she said with a chuckle. "Why can't we do both? We'll just launch a surprise attack on their main base. Take out as many as we can, in the shortest amount of time. Even if they do launch a counterattack, they would have lost their best camp and a good number of members. We'll be able to mop up the rest later."

A tap on her shoulder made her turn around. It was Xenon, finally back from his trip.

"Where were you guys?" She whispered back, before bringing him up to speed with a summary. "What do you think? Could you sneak into their camp and take someone out? We don't have to hold back anymore, after all. In fact, you could drop my bombs in their base and cause some serious damage."

Kamui folded his arms and glared at the peacocks while he half listened to Shouko's explanation of the plan. He shook his head and looked at Xenon, then at Rei and finally Tian-Gui, and Shouko. "Sneak attack while their preoccupied, think they might be on to something like that from the likes of low life's like team peacock...seeing as how that's what you did to Team Wolf a while back." Kamui was actually angry, not enough to do something but these guys made the hairs on his neck bristle.

"If we're not careful they'll do to us what they did to my former team...or at least try to. Trust no one in this game but those with the same team name over their heads. Otherwise one of those fancy little swords will be sticking out from your back. Only way they could beat anyone really." Kamui scoffs towards the peacocks and went to see if he could use some of the gold coins to pick up the wind magic skill.

"Rei I'm using some gold to actually be of some use to you and this team. I need to pick up a skill, as with something that happened earlier showed me that I need it."

After listening to different plans, and receiving vital messages concerning a player of theirs in the ranks of the snake, Alex found himself not liking either one. Shouko was the first to speak actual reason into the subject at hand, Though the bitter ex wolf did have a point as well.

"I'm more with Shouko on this one. Announcing a grand attack and summoning everyone is a foolish idea, and lacks flare fitting of the first round, not to mention, if people are actually going to play competitively, the chaos, along with how the teams have played so far, should take it as a moment to team up on either Rei or you guys." Alex shrugged then looked at Rie, his plan made sense, and if people actually wanted to win this, it should of been the plan that got jumped on. "Why not make two main strike forces and hit two camps at once? We can have a game within the game, first side to take out their side wins and gets first choice in the loot from both sides, and we get more damage done. Then we rotate and hit the remaining two camps of theirs?" We will know which to hit as well, or which to strike first thanks to some help.

While the Peacocks and Team JUSTICE are having their meeting back at Camp, Blade had set off into the streets of the southern part of the Market District about ten minutes or so away from the station. As such, he was alone.

A fact that a few monsters were seeking to take advantage of.

Thankfully Blade's senses weren't too bad despite his low Intelligence. Able to discern some sounds nearby, it'd be more than possible for the light footed Berserker to move out of the way as five arrows shot from five different angles. Two from the ground, fifteen yards away, tucked between buildings, one from the northwest and another from the northeast. Two others came from above those two, perched on top of the buildings above the two on the ground.

The fifth came from the southeast. A small squadron of five enemies, all tactfully positioned for optimal usage of their bows. Furthermore these Gremlins seemed to be utilizing the urban terrain to their advantage by perching themselves on top of buildings and in alleyways. Definitely a smarter move than the previous batch that Kamui and Blade faced when they had been separated from their team.

Gremlins that he and Kamui had trouble with last time.

And now he was alone. Facing more intelligent opponents who seemed less concerned with just ripping Blade apart and more concerned with fighting and tactics.

Thankfully Blade is much stronger than he was before.

Whether or not that would let him triumph against these enemies in this encounter that, thanks to Blade's senses, was not a complete surprise attack.​

"I personally liked Giu-Tan's first plan better."

A voice utilizing Tian-Gui's fake, cutesy like handle speaks from above them, causing several heads to turn their gaze upwards.

Floating five feet above the table in a position reminiscent of lounging in a lawn chair is their mysterious, charismatic game's host,
Arcadia.

"Announce it to the world. Make it an event. This... was such a wonderful plan." Arcadia sits up now in mid-air, his tone full of grandeur and a smile upon his face.

That smile does a 180 though as he shakes his head.

"But then you had to mess it all up. With boring plans like utilizing subterfuge or just running up without any warning. Plans like those are just no good, just like all of you have become no good." Now he lands on the table, before hopping off, choosing for once in all of the times they have seen him to actually walk with his feet upon the ground.

"You all were fun in the beginning. Exploring, fighting each other. It was the PVP challenge of the century!" his tone rises, but pauses a bit, and then goes downward, "for about the first hour. Then you all settled into your little areas."

"So I brought in these players from Dungeons of Masmorra with the promise of rewards for their characters to shake things up. And it worked." A grin overtakes his features. "Everyone was grinding and preparing to go take on a PVP Challenge that would have been equal to a Boss Raid. Tensions rose, plans were made. The bodies and minds of every player were moving fervently. It was... how to say... Tres Magnifique!" He throws his hands in the air, confetti erupting forth at the motion of the gesture.

"But..." the confetti vanishes, "you all have once again grown too complacent and the games too stale. And the ones to blame are both myself and Ama_Rei." He just sighs heavily. "Rei is too strong. So everyone either wants to buddy up with him" he looks at the Peacocks as he just walks around the table, "or hide in their camps and just build up strength until the end." To this he just gestures towards everybody here.

"There are treasure chests and special encounters waiting to be found in PVE, to give more excitement as you seek out your next foe for PVP. But... thanks to my error in making the camps too beneficial, no one goes after these things." A small 'hmph' escapes as he vanishes, appearing back on the table. "The Camps were supposed to be fortresses that people would want to storm and conquer, to clash offense against defense. But obviously that failed..."

"SO! I have decided to end the Easy Mode!" He raises his finger upward, and now bits of static appear above it. "It was fine for the beginning of the game while everyone built up their strength and got into their own unique styles, but since this is still an Alpha Build of this game, I plan on making some changes for the latter part of this Round."

Suzaku tries to interject by clearing his throat, but it seems like Arcadia is content on annoying all interjections for the moment. He seems a little angry.

He snaps his fingers, and the entire space is enveloped in a flash of static and light, visibility returning a few seconds later and a window appearing right after visibility has been returned.

Update Announcements!
Arcadia Quest v0.121

Camps no longer have EXP Bonuses.
Regeneration and Recovery Bonuses at Camps are doubled.
The already doubled Regeneration and Recovery Bonuses of Camps are Doubled again if resting inside of a Tent.

Baits can no longer be purchased (Bait Items still in people's possession can be used though).
Players can instead ask Arcadia to create a Bait Affect: Minor (4 Coins), Small (8 Coins), Medium (12 Coins), or Large (18 Coins) no matter where they are.
Purchase Chest Discounts still apply to these costs, and are even decreased further by 50% if used when Away from Camp.

New Status Affect, 'Away from Camp' shall affect every player when more than 100 Yards away from their own Camps. The affects are as follows:
The EXP Bonuses previously given by a Camp will now be applied when under this affect.
20% Chance to have increased Gold Gain from defeated enemies.
Critical Chances raised by 1.
Defeating Enemy Players gives 20% more EXP and 5 + 50% (Player Level) Gold.

There are more Special Encounters now.
Special Encounters, if cleared, will spawn an Item Chest.
65% for Common Item Chest, 25% for Uncommon Item Chest, 9% for Rare Item Chest, 1% for Super Rare Item Chest

Taking Camps will also have a 75% Chance of Spawning these Chests and adding the Items that would be in them to that Camp's Purchase Chest. The Guardians are also a bit tougher now and will thus give more EXP and Gold when defeated.

Teleportation between Camps has been changed. Now only up to 5 people can teleport at once, and there will be a fifteen minute cooldown before anyone can teleport to or from that Camp again.

Ferry Stones, which could only be previously requested personally from Arcadia, can now be freely purchased for 15 Gold Coins and only teleport you back to your Base Camp when used rather than any of your Camps.
Furthermore, upon death or logging out, Ferry Stones carried on your person will vanish.

Rei reads through the updates, before raising an eyebrow and gazing up at Arcadia.

"I assume you didn't just come to us to rant about your boredom and show us your updates?"

Arcadia just shakes a finger. "Non Non Ama_Rei. For I mainly came to say I like dear Giu-Tan's first idea, and I plan on using that to create a true clash of wills."

Arcadia's bad french accent aside, Rei's eyes widen a bit when Arcadia mentions how he's just going to announce the idea of a brawl to everyone.

"Now now. I know that its your idea, and you had other plans... plans that probably would work. But would be absolutely boring in the process." A small, mischevious smile appears on his face. "And being the... merciful host that I am, I won't announce this event for an entire hour, the event taking place three in game hours after that. So, you all will get four whole hours to prepare, with one of those being advanced knowledge."

He just laughs. "See, I can be pretty merciful, right?"

Rei and Kuro_Kage have both clenched their fists at this point. Suzaku clearly admires how Arcadia acts, and most of the others have rather mixed expressions, with Kijin's being rather neutral.

"Anyway. You have one hour before everyone hears of the upcoming Super Brawl and starts to prepare even more fervently than before! So with that.. I bid you all, aideu~"

"Well..." Kijin speaks now, breaking the silence that appeared the moment Arcadia left. "This certainly changes things."

"Indeed... and it now makes more than the Snakes our largest threat." Kuro_Kage scratches his chin now, looking a bit concerned.

"What do you mean?" Rei shifts his own gaze towards the Assassin, only to have Momotaro's words take that gaze.

"The Lions and Tigers. They are rather tense with each other, but wouldn't mind allying with one another to take out the competition if the chance arose. And given the numbers and charisma of Team Snake..."

"If they all participate, they'd temporarily ally with each other and have 34 people with which they'll use to crush us. Is that what you're saying?"

To Rei's words, the Assassin, Monk, and Samurai all give a nod.

"Then we merely need to strike them first. A duel between us and them. If we can reduce their numbers, then the upcoming... 'Super Brawl'" Suzaku has a hint of disgust at the name Arcadia gave for it, "will become much easier."

"So we'll form three teams then. If those two teams are willing to ally themselves temporarily, we will need to strike both of them at once. Plus we also need to try and get at the Snakes somehow... so we'll need to try and figure out if they'll have any plans for conquest or attacking any time soon."

Rei doesn't want to type out a PM here with everyone watching, but he knows that he needs to contact Artisia. Ask for more information on the Snakes' plans and then get her back here as soon as possible.

So now the questions remain. Who will be on what Team, what each Team will be responsible for, and just what Team Snake is up to. Thanks to Artisia though, Xenon and Kamui both know that the Snakes are planning on making movements to go to the East Station to take it.

Whether or not this new Update will change those plans though... would be up to Artisia to find out.

embed.php

Artisia walked with the scout before they both teleported to one of the South Camps. He ended up being able to walk himself to one of the recovery tents that they had and told her to head over to the North Camp to submit their report. After waiting for the scout to disappear into the actual tent, she wondered why no one had sent her back a PM regarding her return, but right now, that wasn't her focus. I need to make sure I come up with a convincing lie. Rei is, by far, the strongest and smartest of everyone in that team. He's the mastermind, but I can't let them know that. I need to let them know that they all work as a team, but they keep their strongest player for when they get in a pinch. No no. That won't work. I heard Rei practically obliterated two teams, so they already know about the fact that he isn't afraid to step in and destroy everyone he can. I can't make up a lie about Rei then. I'll just have to tell them what I saw about him, which is practically nothing. The other scout can vouch for me on that too. For the rest of the team, I could let them know that I only saw two or three of the teammates and I saw that they wielded the weapons that they did. I could say that we got into a little skirmish with one of them and that I disregarded some of the information I gathered because I was more focused on trying to get the other scout out alive. Okay. That should probably work.

Toward the end of her train of thought, she teleported into the North Camp. Artisia needed to just be natural. This kind of lie was different than other ones she had told. If she couldn't make it convincing, her friends' lives could be at stake. She simply couldn't live with the fact that someone would die because of the fact that she couldn't lie efficiently. That would be the stupidest mistake she's ever made in her whole life. Leave out as many details as you can to make the lie more convincing, I feel like I heard Alexander say something like that once. Or maybe it was my father. Either way, it's still useful. Slip honesty in with a lie and they'll never know you're lying. Alright. Let's do this!

Artisia approached the Meeting Table, where a few people seemed to be standing. "Hello Commander. Artsia, here with a report from the Team Justice Camp." She took a breath before she continued. "When we first began observing the camp, we counted a total of seven members, which none of them seemed to be grinding. If they were, I could not tell. Three members were broken away from the group, who the other scout approached because they seemed to know one of the members. It was a mistake, especially considering we were supposed to stay in hiding and slip in and out undetected. One of the members with a sword attacked and I had to provide support for the other scout. He sustained injuries that I didn't believe were fatal, but if there were more strikes to be made, I believed it would've been in our best interest to have me fight back. The attacker, fortunately, backed away from the fight before it became too serious. By that time, we decided it was in our best interest to retreat and gather more information at a later time. I did not see much other than that. The other two members were wielding a staff and a pair of daggers, I believe. At least, I believe they were daggers. Anyway, that is the end of my report. I'm sorry we couldn't gather more information on the targets."

Artisia hoped and prayed that the report she gave would be satisfactory enough to keep the suspicions of her commander cast off of her. She also hoped that the commanders would keep her near the meeting table in order to keep her in the loop about their plans.

But suddenly, a window popped in front of her face, which stated an update regarding the game. Artisia's face contorted into a look of shock and a little bit of anger. Wh-What?! Right now, of all times?! I'm about ready to punch Arcadia right in the face. Artisia clenched her hands into fists, but then realized something. Wait. This could be good. The commanders might switch up the battle plan, and now that I'm here, I should be able to hear what they would like to plan. I need to find a reason for me to stay. I'll wait until they've asked me to leave before I attempt to make a reason that I should stay.

The Leader of Team Snake, a Level 20 Ranger named Ouroboros, listens to Artsia's report, giving a nod. "Alright, good work." This is all he says to her, before giving a small chuckle. "You don't need to be so formal. Sure we may be an organization, but we're all friends here. You're acting like an officer in the military." He stands up now. "Still, Icarus told me that the Ex-Wolf seemed rather apologetic for what it did. Its a shame... I was hoping we could get a few more comrades, but we will need to regard Team... 'Justice'" he makes air quotes here, "as a hostile force to watch out for and not trust."

It is at this point when they all see the update and Ouroboros reads through it. A smirk appears on his face, and he lets out a loud laugh. "Ah, finally. The game is going to become more PVE based. Its about time. Sick of all of this 100% PVP bullshit." He picks up his Bow, putting it on his back.

"Alright Artisia. We need to get you and some of the others leveled up. So I'm sending you, Kurasu, Venom, and Kagamine to go to the northeast to explore and find some of these 'encounters' and get more EXP." A Level 19 Monk named 'Speed_Of_Fist' is also sitting at the Meeting Table. A couple of others come into the tent now as well.

"Alright. You're good to go Artisia. You go ahead and use 25 Gold to get yourself some better Skills and Gear, since you've definitely earned it since you had to deal with punks like Team Justice. It'll be more dangerous out there than before, so you and your team need to be careful." Ouroboros seems to be dismissing her for now, to go get ready for exploration.

"Now then. We don't know what sort of Guardian will be at the Station Camp... so we'll need to prepare to the best of our abilities, and bring along with us our own Ferry Stones in case things go south."

Ouroboros is starting a strategy meeting now between the now ten people that are sitting around the Meeting Table in the very 'Operations Tent', which grants greater bonuses to things like Intelligence and is thus good for Crafting, since this is where a couple of their Crafting Benches are located, in this very large Operations Tent. An upgrade granted to them personally by Arcadia as a favor.

Artisia could choose to try and stay in the tent to better listen, leave the tent and go outside to listen, or just leave and go get ready for exploration as she was told to do.

embed.php

Artisia observed the leader, Ouroboros, who seemed to be much friendlier than she had heard from some other people. He was a good leader, she heard, but he was... Much different from the descriptions some of her comrades gave. Maybe he had a drink or two and loosened up? That wasn't really important right now though. She had been excused by him and she smiled a little when he finished. He seemed to go on about his business after he finished speaking to her. Well it seems like they're still going to head to the East Station, so I'll let Rei know. If they can at least take out some of the big wigs in this Team, then it'd be impossible for this Team to stay organized. Most people here are inexperienced and unable to seek value in strategy. Most people do know how to use their skills efficiently, they just need to learn how to use them in tandem with others... Artisia almost smacked herself in the head at this point. Damn Rei, putting all this bullshit in my head. He basically trained me to be some sort of combat robot. I guess I wouldn't really be doing anything if I didn't have him though. Artisia then walks over to an area where no players seem to be.

"Private Messaging." Artisia looks around once more, just to make sure no one is watching and listening to her. Artisia types out,"Rei, Xenon, Tian-Gui, Shouko, Alexander. The plan for Team Snake is the same. They're heading for the East Station. At least, that's where some of the strongest players are headed. Most of the weaker players are staying in the vicinity of the camps from what I can tell. They seem to be sending out players to try and find some of the Special Events, myself included. For now, I'm going to play my part and figure out what the Special Events are like. If you want me to do something different or need more information, let me know. I'll send you a message if I find out anything new." Artisia looks around one last time, then says, "Send."

Artisia walks over to the Camp Chest and now had 25 Gold Coins to spend on armor, weapons, and accessories. Of course, she couldn't get any new skills. She wasn't an actual player like everyone else here. Sometimes it was hard for Artisia to remember that, especially since it was hard to tell the difference between reality and fiction in this world. But, this really was their reality for the time being. It was for the Gamers, at least. They were all sucked here to do something. Artisia simply couldn't figure out what, and it seemed that Rei couldn't either since he only went around and destroyed other teams. But wait. What if destroying all of the teams is his plan? Maybe he can get to the root of the problem if he destroys everyone else. Artisia laughs at herself. Pshh. No way. He can't have come up with that plan, it'd be pretty primitive and simple. And Rei isn't plain and simple.

Artisia opened the Camp Chest and thought about what weapon she'd want. There were limited options for her, especially since she could only fight with weapons that required the direct use of her fists. However, there was a weapon that Artisia was reminded of. When she played a pretty old Street Fighter game, there was someone named Balrog. They had some sort of weapon that started with a C. C... Caesar? No... Celesti- No... Ces... Ces-something. Artisia rubbed her forehead and hit it once. What is that damn weapon called?! Artisia was about to hit herself once more when she suddenly remembered it. "Cestus! The best one you've got with some spikes on it!" She grabbed the weapon, made of Feather-Steel, and she stared at them for a little while. They were beautiful.

Next, she needed some armor. It was pretty obvious which one she was going to get. She wanted one that wouldn't kill her speed, which she worked hard to get up so high. She decided on the Light Metal Chain Shirt. It had a low armor cost for the armor rating it had. Armor Rating of 20 was better than no armor rating at all, and being a little slower wouldn't kill her.

Finally, she needed some accessories. Of course, there was one item that stuck out to her. The Minor Force Ring was something that she needed. Then she decided that the Minor Protection Ring would be a good choice, since she did need to have some protection against magic. She had a better understanding of each item's use and more of the terms used by gamers, especially being around these complete gaming nerds for a short period of time. They were always talking about "DPS" and "Synergy" and "Armor Rating". Eventually, Artisia finally understood the things that they were talking about. Everything began to be pieced together. Of course, there were a lot of terms that still didn't make sense to her, but she was learning.

After she finished with the chest, which drained her of 22 of the 25 coins that she had, she equipped the armor, the weapon, and the accessories that she got from the chest. They seemed to make her much stronger and she was ready to go exploring with the rest of the group she was supposed to meet up with. She wasn't sure where, but she kinda just wandered around until she found Kurasu, Venom, and Kagamine. "Alright. You guys ready to go? If we're gonna do this, we might as well do it as fast as we can."

Kamui leaned back and let his arms fall to his sides "Well then let's just get started with this then. I mean between these pains, that pain that loves popping in and out when he pleases, and now the pain in the ass that is my friend we've got a whole lotta pain... and nothing to do here in camp now. I think I'm going to grab my wind magic skill then go find Blade."

With that Kamui heads to the chest purchases the skill and walks out of the camp. If I remember correctly...this a way. His trademark snarky grin returning as he strolls down the area that he believes Blade had gone down.

[BCOLOR=transparent]As Blade made his way through the market district he was glad he kept his ears open as he walked into the ambush, managing to barely dodge the arrows as they flung through the air all around him. In that moment he quickly thought about the situation at hand and what to do all the while he grew a big smile and drew his longsword with joy. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] "Five against one? My kinda odds." With that Blade quickly makes his move to the gremlin on the ground to the northwest with the idea that getting close with the ones on the ground one at a time that are tucked between the buildings will hamper the aim of the rest to get clear beads on him. Planning on becoming a "ghost" on the battlefield in a way if that ghost was a raging red haired berserker. Upon making it over to his first target Blade would take his opening swing with his longsword with both hands gripped tightly in excitement.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]-----------[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They lost the element of surprise, but they still had the advantages of numbers and distance. Plus they seemed rather intelligent. So Blade not only needs to fight with all his might... but all of his brains as well. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Thankfully he wasn't too dumb to just rush in blindly. Fifteen yards is a good bit of distance to cover, and he chose to do that in increments. So he gets as close as he can, moving ten yards closer, only to be shot at by five more arrows. This puts him twenty five yards away from the one behind him, but the other four have a slightly better distance from which to shoot their target. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Five arrows came flying. Three of them hit full on, while two missed the mark. Now Blade has three arrows sticking out of his torso, which would make it harder to move. Plus his HP has plummeted, now being only at 129 points, nearly half of his HP gone in one moment. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Regardless, Blade still keeps going. Moving forward now and striking at the opponent. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]60 + 25 Movement Penalty + 10 Stuck Penalty - 12 Accuracy = 83[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The first strike misses by a longshot, but Blade still has another attack in him. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]26 + 10 Stuck Penalty + 20 Second Attack - 12 Accuracy = 44[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Not a completely full on attack, but the blade does indeed dig in deep as Blade gets in his powerful strike, the Gremlin crying out in pain as the blade cuts deep. Of course, this makes the other Gremlins just keep up their strike. One can no longer fire because it has lost its target, but otherwise the other three still can. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Given its great vantage point high up, and the other one being directly across, two more arrows fly and quickly hit their marks. Another 30 and 31 Damage dealt as each arrow that gets stuck in Blade damages his Armor and drains more of his health. He's only at 68 HP now. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Gremlin that's right in front of him backs up with a full leap backwards, quickly switching out its Bow for its Sword, being about two or so yards in front of Blade now. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Things are not looking good. The Gremlin he slashed seems like it's in pretty bad shape, but at the same time so is he. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]---[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Blade's smile instantly changes to a galking expression of pain and surprise as he is pelted so accurately like a pincushion. He could feel his HP drain away faster than ever before as the sudden high amount of searing barbed pain swept through him. So much so that he wasn't even yelling out in a battle cry like his name would entail. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The berserker fighting the urge to keep swinging as he instead takes the action to try and dash past the gremlin in front of him to continue down the alley as much as possible and make any turns that he could to get out of their sights. He knew shit became far more grave than he was willing to bare so quickly. Downing one of his health potions after turning his first corner.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]---[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]As he runs straight past the Gremlin, thankfully the alleyway not being too narrow, the creature would take a swing at him that would be a bit harder for it to miss due to the closeness of the alleyway, the creature using the surroundings to its advantages. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A blade slashes right across his torso, dealing 22 more points of damage. The five arrows sticking out of him did not make it easy to move. Furthermore the Gremlin is trying to block his path. If he can't barrel past it, then it's game over.[/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Thankfully his speed pulls through, and he just moves right through the slash. Thankfully there is a turn, and he gets right around the corner with his full speed. Some of his wounds heal, the bleeding being staunched a bit thanks to the fifty points of health healed, putting him back at 72. Unfortunately the arrows sticking out of him deal yet another 25 points, dropping him back down to 47. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Arrows seem rather powerful. Especially when used in groups like this. Thankfully though two more Gremlins lost sight of him, but the one on top of the building and the fast one chasing after him with its sword have not. So now an arrow and a sword swung from around a corner are coming right at Blade. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The blade slashes right down the middle, sundering the last of his armor and cutting right across his torso. Another 23 points of damage. This brings him down to a dangerous 24. The arrow shoots next, getting a sixth one stuck in the torso.[/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]If this was real life, he would have been dead a while ago, but with this sixth arrow in him it sends his HP plunging down to a black -15. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Only a miracle could keep him alive now. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]68 - 17 VIT = 51[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Unfortunately that miracle isn't present. His body would grow heavy. His vision dark. And he would crumple to the ground. The arrows in him would snap as he falls. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]At least he wouldn't feel the final blow in the darkness that washes over him. Instead he would feel... darkness. Death. Gnawing at him. When that final blow does come, a stab into his heart... [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It feels as if he really has died. Pain shoots through his body, as his being is shattering. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Right before it fully shatters though, he would be awake in his bed. Its around 6:15 PM. Two hours and forty-five minutes have passed since he started to play Arcadia Quest today, despite how much longer it felt. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]His character had been defeated. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And for the Gamers on Team JUSTICE they would see a notification appear before them. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]XxBladeSongxX has left the party. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]At this moment of desperation of trying his best to flee from this carnage Blade wanted nothing more than to get away at this point. The hard truth that there was no way he was gonna beat these creatures as he fully believed the game just wanted him stone cold dead at this point from the relentless assault.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Then even after drinking the potion the feeling of his life draining from the bleeding and strikes that came afterwards, Blade felt his end. Before collapsing to the ground he gathered what was left of the breath in his lungs and roared loudly despite the sadness he felt for letting Kamui down in this way. The roar fading off as he fell to the ground, fully stopping along with the rest of his feelings upon contact and the final blow and slipped into the darkness.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As he awoke he would abruptly sit up in his bed with a hand to his chest and breathing heavily. After a few seconds he calmed down and clenched his fists a little bit, hunching forwards and looking down a little. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"The game's got really good emersion I'll give it that; but...dammit. I just imagine what those assholes are gonna say. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Oh look the brain dead fighter kicked the bucket already? We can't use him as a meat shield pawn anymore." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Colt scoffing at the thought as he gets up and outta bed. "Tch...what a load of…" Before he could continue Colt could hear his mother yelling from downstairs telling him to go get some groceries from the usual place cause they had a sale. Of course responding back loudly saything that he would get right on that.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As he and his family lived in the residential district for some time now, they've come to know that the port island market has the best groceries and being Golden Week there were some good sales going on. Swiftly putting on his shoes and red jacket the teen quickly made his way down the stairs and gave his mother a kiss on the cheek as she was washing some dishes in the kitchen. "I'll be right back." He says with a big smile, retrieving the shopping list from his mother's hand and making his way out the door.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Glad to be running about outside in the cool evening air Colt made his way to the Southern Station so that he could to the train to the Port Island District to get the groceries his mother needed to finish up preparing dinner.[/BCOLOR]​

It was going fine, really. Tian-Gui didn't mind people thinking that his plan was strange or pointless, though he did have to wonder as to what exactly Alexander's definition of 'flair' was. Was it flashy for kids these days, splitting up armies to launch surprise attacks on camps? Regardless, more discussion, more sharing of ideas was had, and all that was great in his eyes.

Seeing people work together to figure out a strategy, a game plan, was awesome! Really built up everyone's team-working skills!

But before they could get to a decisive idea, however, Arcadia popped up once more, throwing everything in disarray with new updates on everything. No more bonus EXP. Special rewards for taking over Camps. And, most importantly, the new Status Effect.

Tian-Gui smiled.

Arcadia was changing up the game and making the whole 'stay at camp to do nothing' way less profitable. That was great. He could get behind that. And though everyone else seemed to be less-than-enthused about all this, Tian-Gui loved these changes. Yeah, he'd love to explore more! He'd love to get new fancy shit! He'd love to challenge himself! He'd l-

XxBladeSongxX has left the party.

Tian-Gui's blue eyes flickered from Xenon to Kamui, both who were with the swordsman of Team JUSTICE and who apparently left him. He looked at the two, and then frowned. Details were pouring in once more. Blade's attack on a Snake scout. The retreat afterwards. And then, his isolation.

Even if the game got harder, the champion of justice didn't think that the berserker would be taken down by mere mobs. Which meant…

"Stop. No splitting."

Tian-Gui closed his eyes, before letting out a sigh.

"We have four hours before the announcement of the brawl. These changes will probably make people much more interested in breaking into other camps. But it also makes everyone much more interested in killing other players who are doing so."

"A member of Team JUSTICE was just slain in this moment, no doubt by one of Team Snake's Scouts. We have reliable sources that say that Team Snake's strongest members are intent on taking over the East Station Camp, and so, this is my suggestion."

His blue eyes glimmered passionately.

"They are unable to teleport to camps that are not theirs. We should set off immediately to the East Station and CRUSH these villains who dare ambush our allies! This is the strongest members of Team Snake! Taking them down, right as taking over camps has become more profitable, would definitely hinder Snake's future development!"

"Every minute we waste talking now works against us! Decide! Do we attack potential threats that have made no allegiances at all? Or do we destroy the core of the enemy while they are out of the safety of their camp?"

Artisia is being sent out with a couple of others. The main part of Team Snake is going to go attack a Station Camp. The heads of the Peacocks all nodded in affirmation at Tian's argument. Suzaku just nods, grinning towards Tian.

"You are right my dear friend. We are wasting our time. We can focus on the Lions and Tigers later. For now, we need to go ahead and attack Team Snake while they are split up!"

Kijin nods in agreement. "The max number of people you can have attack any Camp is 10... so most likely they'll only be going with 10 members."

"We have enough gold to use the Bus Stop to send seven people over to the East Station Camp. It'll be very expensive, but with the gold we will get from taking as many of them out as we can, plus being able to make this strike at Team Snake... it'll all be worth it." Kuro_Kage seems to be in agreement as well. "We can teleport there and set up an ambush. They'll probably have fought or had to run from Monsters along the way given the increased encounter rates... so they'll be weakened a little while we'll be fresh."

"And while the seven of you are attacking them, we can go attack whoever remains at their Camps. Our own source" who Rei wishes Tian didn't reveal, but figures that good has come out of it so he'll let it slide, "has revealed that some of the remaining players are being sent to scout for special encounters and gain EXP. Meaning there may only be around five to eight people remaining at their Camps."

All of the Peacocks nod in agreement now.

"So you take Miyuki and Kensuke with you. While it may be a bit overkill, we'll need to strike at them with all the power we can muster if we want to crush them in this battle. If we can take out Team Snake almost entirely in this move, then the 'Super Brawl'" it seems that no one likes that horrible name, "will be much easier for us."

Kijin stands up now from the table, as do the others. "We don't have much time. So we will go ahead and head to the East Station via the Bus Stop outside of this Station. So let's go ahead and get moving." He then looks to Miyuki.

"You go out there and get Kensuke up to speed on our plan and use the Bus Stop to return to our Station Camp so that you can teleport to Gekkoukan. The rest of us will be off."

To this, the girl nods, and with that all of the Peacocks leave.

"We will be waiting near the western side of Gekkoukan for all of you. We have a small, hidden Camp there that's about ten minutes off. So we will depart first." The Kimono wearing Water Mage gives the Gamers a bow before heading off, all of the Peacocks disappearing after interacting with a sign right outside of the Station.

It seems the plans are now set in motion. The Gamers will head to Gekkoukan to stamp out the remaining Snake forces.

It seems like things are finally falling into place, but it seems like Rei is about to say something to the other Gamers, with Kamui not being there due to him having just bought his Skill and then walked off to go find Blade. "Ill go my--"

A bright flash of light cuts him off. From this light, a shadow descends. The face is... slightly familiar. VR Games nowadays usually borrow mostly from the appearance of the player.

The text above the face, however; is distinctly familiar. Well... at least two words of it are.

Berserker
The Gamer
Colten Daichi Lv 15

Another Gamer has appeared. And he looks somewhat like their fallen Berserker.

And even Rei is at a loss for words.

---

As those train doors opened for Colten, it showed him the Southern Port Island Station. Colten would see that the familiar hustle and bustle of the station is very low today, most likely due to it being Golden Week. There are people getting on and off the train, but not many are around.

The moment he steps onto that platform though the world would begin to spin and a surge of power and energy seems to flow into him, nearly overwhelming him with its strength. It feels painful and overwhelming indeed... but it is also a very familiar power, as if he's known it for a little while. Like an acquaintance he has just been getting to know better.

The space around him seems to visibly shift and change in a whirl of static and light. The train disappears, and he would fall now to the ground in a very familiar area.

And would see five familiar faces, and one face that is absent. Kamui is not there.

Above the familiar faces of the Team JUSTICE members is text. Text that reads as following.

Skilled Novice
The Gamer
Xenon Xiatong Zhu Lv 15

Rookie Magician
The Gamer
Alexander Knordic Lv 15

Rookie Craftsman
The Gamer
Shouko Koizumi Lv 15

White Belt
The Gamer
Tian-Gui Jian Lv 15

Intermediate Spiritualist
The Gamer
Rei Amagi Lv 27

It doesn't seem possible, but Blade seems to have come right back into the Arcadia Games, as this is definitely the camp complete with table, purchase chest, flag, Guardian, and everything else. Only it feels a bit more real here. Even though Virtual Reality is able to stimulate the senses down to the most specific details, it just feels more real here. The station's brick he fell down upon, the faces of these people, the silent air and space...

It all feels very real.

As if he just left the game only to step right back into it.

In his real body, now flowing with a familiar power. A power he had wielded not too long ago.

Last edited:
Needless to say Colten quickly became ill as the world spun and warped around, holding his stomach and leaning forwards. He felt the power and energy flow through him though the familiarity that came with it did little to settle his bowels or still his mind. He then felt himself falling as his surroundings changed to a blinding sea of flashing white light. He aimlessly throws his arms upwards, trying to grasp anything out of panic as he falls and yells in fear of what was happening to him.

Then with a loud thud the young man impacts the station's floor, ending his flailing arms and quickly changing his fearful yelling into words of pain as he lays squirming upon the floor. "Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch...!" Scratching the side of his accompanied by a low grumble, he stood up and opened his eyes which quickly became wide eyed at what he now saw. The sight being that of the members of Team JUSTICE from Arcadia quest along with the HQ camp and all but he knew full well he hadn't logged in to play nor did he even bring the game with him as he went to get groceries.

Standing in dead silence for a few moments more before erupting in an outburst with a panicked expression as he frantically points a figure to and from everyone present in the room. "WHO THE....WHAT THE..." Then as he looked down at himself to see his regular cloths, grasping the edges of his red jacket. "HOW!!!!!!!!!" Whether they were actually questions or just the only thoughts that were processed could be anyone's guess including the young man himself. But he could feel how real everything felt. He had played enough VR games to be able to notice the slight differences as minor as they may be. What frightened him the most however was that he couldn't notice those differences. With every second his expression grew more confused and scared, gripping the edges of his jacket tighter and tighter as he backed up against the wall behind him now even beginning to shake.

Waiting for someone to comment on his suggestion, Alex was a bit surprised, and rather not impressed that the one to talk was their good friend Arcadia. Even less impressive was that he seemed more interested on the foolish idea of the big battle, and continues to rant on about how the games should be, and what he wanted them to be like. Well this is unexpectedt. With the update Alex stroked his chin, truly it didn't play much against him, as it would make skill grinding for him easier in the base, and if he took a shift of "guarding" the base, he would even be able to make advancements with their two non-gamers with them.

But, as things do, a second change to the plans hit. Blade died? Alex had a moment of shock his face contorted. He didn't like the guy, but that doesn't mean he wanted him to die, not yet at least. Well, its a good thing it is just a game for him, he can just go about his life.

Tian chimed in, disliking the idea of splitting, likely due to the defeat of Blade, and spoke with great passion, An admirable man, though not much for thinking before he opens his mouth. Alex couldn't help but smile at Tian, "I'm fine with that course of action." Nodding to further show his agreement.

With the plan details starting to worked over, Rei was about to say something to the Gamers, likely about going on a solo mission as he always does, but it was cut short.

Alex's brow raised at the appearance of what appeared to be the player of Blade, reemerging in the world as a 'Gamer'.

"Well that's a twist." Alex looked over Colten. "Arcadia's doing? Or is it because he was in our group?" Musing as he watches Colten's adjusting, "Well, I suppose we need to have a sit down, and explain a few things." Looking at the others with an expression of 'help', Alex started "So first of all, you are back in the game. Sort of. But the stakes are a bit higher."

Kamui continues his ambling as he looks for his missing partner in crime Maybe I should start calling him something else other than Blade...seems to like running off by himself, maybe wandersong....nah too stupid and boring hmmm maybe nah nah too blegh...I've got nothing for once, nicknames for peeps came easy to me...well stupid ones anyway that worked with easy to see stuff, or with their personalities. Ah well, man it sure is boring solo. Kamui stops, seeing a gremlin wielding a longsword in two hands, must go to the Guts school of swordsmanship, anyway...ah more of em...well they look to be far enough away so I'm just going to do this. Kamui activates mana shield and turns around and starts running away. Yeah this might not be glamorous or whatever but at least I'm not gonna die. The magician hoped at least, he was hoping they didn't have some sort of dash attack or some kind of longshot ability, he sighed would be his luck though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rei should have gone with them. That was what Tian-Gui thought as the Peacocks departed once more, seven of them ready to go against the top ten of Team Snake. If they were outnumbered and relatively on the same level, then it was clear that the Snakes would be at an advantage, wouldn't it? While it was good that they were confident…he still wished that Ama-Rei fought alongside them.

They were allies, after all. Didn't it make sense for them to be fighting together, instead of going out by themselves? Yeah, with Rei on their side…what even was the point of the other Gamers being here, outside of soaking up EXP? Team Snake was strong, yes, but Rei would trivialize them, and the remaining two members of Team Peacock that would come with them would pick up whatever scraps remained.

That blue-haired girl was right, and though he appreciated Rei taking care of him…perhaps Tian-Gui was selfish after all. He didn't want to be protected. He wanted to protect, to grow stronger, to pull the trigger and explode.

His Gamer's Mind rebelled against his own emotions, rationality biting down on his ego. Should he really do this? It was ultimately a waste either way, wasn't it? There wasn't much he could contribute either way, so…

A flash. A shadow. And then…a familiar face.

That was all the impetus Tian-Gui needed to make his decision. Colten had been resurrected as a Gamer, and though the hero-in-making didn't understand the specifics of it, he knew that it helped out a lot in one single way.

Now, if he left Team Justice to help out Team Peacock, neither side would lose out on it. Rational thoughts and irrational emotions compromised, and he took five steps towards Colten, both hands slamming down on the Berserker's shaking shoulders. He locked eyes with him, before saying, "Welcome back. I'll make things simple. This is the reality that everyone in Team JUSTICE is faced with. We are all using our real bodies here. We will all die if we hit zero HP here. This is partially why most of us are super cautious. Rei can explain the basics, but what's important is that you don't tell Kamui about this at all."

"Which reminds me, Rei," Tian-Gui turned, determination blazing in his blue eyes, "We now have eight. So…"

"ARCADIA!"

A powerful voice rang out through the Station, the titan using nothing but willpower to summon forth the otherworldly jester.

"Grant me a free favour! Bring me to the East Station alongside Team Peacocks and I'll show you the flashiest, most badass shit ever!"

Those words echoed throughout the Station as he turned back to pale-haired spiritualist. "Sorry, but I just wanted advice and knowledge. Not to be in your shadow all the time."

Status
Not open for further replies.