Status
Not open for further replies.
Kamui moved inbetween Colt and the "diplomats" from team justice raising his arms up between the two. "No, we have no need of shows of force, such things are beyond tiring for one, and two it just feels like it's from some bad anime at that point."

The dabbler of team Wolf smiled at the newcomers as well as towards his friend. "Listen it's not that we don't trust you but moving out of our domain range is a pretty poor move on our part, we've just been attacked here already by bloodhound, plus while we scouted with our other members from team wolf...what felt like ages ago, we caught the business end of peacock beaks. Let's say getting pecked from behind isn't exactly fun, and knowing them they might have tried something underhanded like follow you guys here to finish us off anyway. Look we can reason with you guys hell, we could even sit around and chat, you guys out of the range of the domain and us comfortably inside it until we know if we should trust you guys. And really, don't let the big mouth bass say anymore it was really irritating to hear a fish outta water...public speaking not your forte by the way, it shows what with the flopping of your mouth."

Kamui's grin was still even as he leaned against his staff looking at the members of team justice, he whispers behind him to Blade "You kidding, I'll stick by you no matter what, but we gotta start thinking rationally too, they got numbers, and everything else we need....granted that guys voice grated on me too, but sometimes thems the breaks. If you want to take them up on the offer of battle I'm with you. We've handled a lot since getting here. Would I have liked some more grinding before battling them hell yeah but ya know, if it's time to fight it's time to fight."

He looks back and winks at his compatriot and kicks the bottom of his staff and props it on his right shoulder, turning around and walking behind his teammate "Ultimately we decide what we do together, so get ready, it looks like two on two might be what we do...and don't expect any punches to be pulled you guys, I may be a slacker but when it comes to helping my buddy over here I'm going to go all out."

Well that went sour fast. Alex listened to the freshly angered man go on, I guess I hit a nerve. What I said wasn't offensive, or in a tone that could be interpreted as such even.

Opening his mouth to talk, but before another word could escape his lips, he found a fist landing on his head from his own teammate. Great now am I part of a comedy act? He rubbed his head as stared at Tain and listened to him talk. When the hell did I call them strays? Are these people all idiots who read what is not there?

After Tian's attempt at negotiation, and his challenge to combat, the other remaining member of Team Wolf stepped forward. With his words came the clarity which Alex's mind was seeking. Oh! Team Peacock did them in! And I certainly got along with them. It makes sense that my mannerisms would rub them the wrong way! The mentioning of them probably was salt to the wound as well! Alex pondered for a time. Well, I doubt they will listen to reason, or me backpedalling my way out of this ... I could always make the matter worse and fuel the fire higher? I doubt they have anything like the Gamers mind. A few choice words and odds are the fighter would lash out. I could show them just how great I am with my words. A simple taunt to a disturbed mind to lure him out. Easy prey. Rubbing his chin, he had to make the choice. Would he make things worse, helping to rig a fight and either have them sent home? Or would he just ask a few more questions, potentially making matters worse, without the benefit, but gain some intell which they didn't have about these 'games'?

Tools are meant to be used. I'll take the option that earns the least animosity from my team. Clearing his throat, Alex spoke once more. "Well what you said makes things come to light, and I guess it means I don't have to beat around the bush" Pointing to Kamui, "And I'll be silent if you can answer my three questions and repeat the questions back afterwards." Pausing for a moment, Alex wanted to make sure his message was getting across and not stopped by anything. Holding up his first finger, "One! How did you get here? to this 'game'." Holding up a second finger, "Two! Do you really think this is just a high quality VRMMO?" Lastly his third finger shot up, "Sorry if this causes more glitches." He mutters, "Three! If you die in here do you die in real life?" Alex's tone was serious, his face was sharp, The answer to these questions, and finding out if they can even hear me will be worth the trip alone, but if they wont comply, I'll go with the other plan. I'll play the villain.

As Alex proceeded to ask his questions... the Gamers could hear him, standing outside of the Domain. But the members of Team Wolf wouldn't hear anything. In fact, to the Wolves, it looks like after he holds up his first finger he is simply sitting there, thinking of what questions to ask for a second.

The Gamers outside of the domain, however; would see the Domain Ring glowing slightly, glitchy bits of static flowing around it. Trying to approach the ring, if any of them were to choose to do so, would cause them to be pushed back, not that the Wolves could see this. They would see him with his finger held up, about to ask that question. Perhaps its the tension, but things seem to go much more slowly in times like this, when battle is eminent.

As Alex asks his third question, the Flag Pole's top in the Domain, where they would see the Wolves standing there as they were when Alex began to ask his questions, would suddenly be surrounded by a large amount of static. In a flash of light, the static forms, and a mystical arrow shaped projectile would shoot forth, as if a beam of continuous light with how fast it is, right into Alex's stomach.

In one moment the projectile appeared, and the next it found itself imbued in Alex's side. It felt like it should have hurt. In fact, there is a large arrow made of magical energy sticking out of Alex's side. But it does not. Instead on the end of the arrow is the bag of gold coins that Alex was given by the Peacocks. It seems whatever this glitch is... is rather insistent...

And very, very aggressive.

But also... persistent. The message appearing before Tian-Gui, Alexander, and Xenon now. More garbled than before... yet not near the end. The window itself is blinking with static in various places, as if the window itself is struggling to stay in existence. For a moment, black static mixes with the glitchy blue static.
hE WI..21..fNS If..s.a2214 if - if- if--- Uuu ME--r1241 Nt2214...adf--- ion

i
53vsds--!!!~~..(dav ) vvd
T
AGAIN
////214//t2dc5554433///88///1111
hE SNIW

he is... here

A blast of confetti disrupts the scene, as the bag of gold and the arrow vanish, and as if nothing happened in what all seemed like the blink of an eye, there is Arcadia, and the glitchy static is gone.

Everything seems normal, as if nothing happened. The moments connect as if in one moment Alex was beginning to ask his questions, and in the next Arcadia appears. At least that's how it is to the wolves.

"My my. Such a heated discussion you're all having. I just couldn't help but come and watch in person". Arcadia lets out a laugh now, before floating to be near the group, in a lounging position in mid-air. He seems to be enjoying this immensely as he sits there in mid-air five feet off the ground as if he is on a beach chair.

"So do not mind me. Continue as you were. I really want to see how this will conclude~. After all, this is much more interesting than watching what's happening with all of those other boring contestants."

---

Back at the Festival Hill, where Shouko was left behind to guard the Camp along with the Orc Shaman, the flag pole's top would suddenly flash with the same sort of glitchy static as a glowing light envelopes it for just a moment, the light having come from afar and having slammed into the top of the pole.

Next thing Shouko knows, the Purchase Chest opens, as if encouraging her to come to it. She can choose to ignore it, ignore it and close the chest, or perhaps investigate whatever is going on.

Last edited:
Shouko watched the backs of her teammates disappear around the corner of a building. Wanting no part in a raiding party, she had volunteered to protect the camp instead. She was surprised that Alex had gone along, given his earlier speech against killing other people. Maybe he's trying to make sure they're recruited.

Now alone, she suddenly felt very vulnerable in the empty camp.

"Hey there, big guy. Please protect me well, okay?" she said to the Guardian, but the green-skinned creature did not respond. The flag pole could shoot as well, but only within the boundary of the domain. As the Bloodhound archer had demonstrated, bows could easily clear the distance. Shouko was sure she could, too.

There wasn't much she could do about that. Instead, she took out eight of her homemade bombs and sowed the perimeter of the domain boundary with them, burying them under a thin layer of soil. Shouko made sure to remember their positions, each spaced evenly apart. Any enemies that tried to approach the camp would have a good chance of walking past one, and she could try to trigger it with her molotov cocktails.

A flash of light caught her attention just as she finished preparing the last land mine. It came from the flag pole, but the source was already fading. Instead, the Purchase Chest swung open by itself. Shouko's brows furrowed in annoyance.

"Wow, what's up with this thing? Is it broken?" she muttered while stomping towards it.

As Shouko approached the chest, a blue window would appear. Its edges constantly glitched, the azure, ethereal pane having static float around it. The window, like all of the other glitches, had garbled text upon it that read as such.
A g-g-... gift ha00112sssnnnr21

B12124adkfnqr3EEN PurPUR0--1111 Purchased

1122[Accept?!!!24211]]1233gad​

For whatever reason, Shouko decides to press it. Upon doing so, the entire world seems to go grey, as an affect similar to a Pseudospace appears. There is nothing else around Shouko, except for the hill, the flag pole, the chest, and the Guardian, who's eyes are a brilliant shade of black, like two onyx's. Beyond the boundaries of the hill, nothing but shadowy grey can be seen

A voice begins to emanate from the Guardian, who's body and mouth do not move at all.

"There isn't much time, so I shall make this brief. More time to explain will come later." The voice speaks out, weak and low.

"Telling these Players they are in real danger... is what Arcadia wants. The players' real bodies and lives aren't in danger, but their very Spirits are. The more anomalies they see in their "Game", the greater the peril their Spirits will face when they perish in this inescapable 'Game'." The voice goes silent for a few moments. The blackness in the Orc's eyes flickers, as if struggling to stay dark.

It then returns.

"For now... speak not of the Real World. Speak not of Death. Lest you let Arcadia's plans come closer to fruition."

The world around them seems to flicker now. Blips of static, glitches in the space. The Orc's body begins to move towards Shouko now.

"Time is running short. Summon me again when the three return, but for now warn them not to speak of reality. Arcadia is present, and I cannot hide their voices anymore."

The Orc grabs Shouko's hand now, clenching it for just a moment, before it pulls its hand away. There is now a shadowy sigil on her hand, and it seems to emanate a faint feeling of something incredibly powerful, before vanishing.

A word appears in her mind. The language is foreign, but it feels as if she could speak this one word now.

'Ddi-rym'

These are the last words that appear in Shouko's mind before the world shatters, but not in some ceremonious matter. Rather there is a crack, and then a blink. As if it was a dream, it feels as if nothing has happened.

Except for that same weak voice she hears appear in her mind.

'Summon me, when the other three return'
You have acquired a new Spell through a Contract.​

A spell used by Mages to summon mystical beings they have made contracts with. MP Cost, Casting Time, and all other factors of the Spell will vary per creature summoned.

'Ddi-rym'
MP Cost: All Remaining (Minimum 50%)
Casting Time: Instant (1 Action)
Spell DL: 95
Chant: 'Ddi-rym'
Summons a mysterious being known as 'Ddi-rym' to your location.

Now Shouko could choose to ignore the warning, but it did give her a new Spell. The exact purpose of said Spell or what this 'Ddi-rym' even is is still unclear. Regardless... something is going on, and its clear that this strange being doesn't like Arcadia one bit, as it knows that Arcadia is up to something.

At least for now it has answered one thing.

The 'Players' in this 'Game' cannot really die. But something will still happen to them if they perish in the Game. At least their lives aren't in danger though.

Colt immediately let out a short chuckle as he watched the larger man interacted and spoke about the big mouth and felt more understanding from the much larger individual of TEAM JUSTICE as well. While he was speaking the young fighter of Team Wolf's glare like expression softened up into an excited smile upon hearing the show of force with an honorable match-up along with the terms for the winners and losers. Returning the brightly burning gaze he was receiving in kind as he gripped the handle of his weapon tightly. I already like this guy a lot more than the first who opened his mouth. He frickn gets how things should be.

He loved every word of it though his excitement would be cut short for the moment just as he was about to step forward as Kamui stepped in and began to speak. As much as Colt didn't wanna hear it everything Kamui began to state was true. After all, what was the point of having a camp if you just took your fights outside it whenever a bout came ones way. The sudden joke that was made by his teammate would cause the fighter to burst out with some sudden laughter as he held his sides before recovering himself as his teammate spoke to him directly and then back to the other party after walking behind him. It was after this that Colt spoke quietly to his teammate in a more calm though slightly begrudgingly manner without looking away from the opposing party. "No, your right. We already been really risky so far and a lot of things are not in our favor with this wager. As much as I bet we could take em and you know I'd like to." The fighter now loosely resting his longsword upon his right shoulder in a similar manner as to how Kamui was doing so with his staff; letting out a short sigh before his ears heard the voice of the big mouth begin to start up again despite his teammates request that he be quiet.

Right before the big mouth seemed like he was gonna ask his questions Colt would spout out loudly in an annoyed manner while pointing a finger at the big mouth in an almost comedic manner. "Gahhhhh!! Can you not hear shit either dude!? No one here wants to hear you flap your gums huh!!! Though to Colt's pleasing surprise the guy actually seems like he had shut the hell up. "God damn finally." The red head comments with a smile before a familiar jester emerging from a burst of confetti appears. After acknowledging Arcadia's presence with a glance Colt's eyes would be fixed on the opposing party again as he spoke to his teammate though he purposely talked loud enough so that everyone could hear him. "You can keep talking to them and get a better feel for everything Kamui. Your better at that than I am. For now...if they wanna fight us they gotta come get us in here. However..." As Colt says this his eyes look directly into primarily Alex's sockets though still referring to the entire party from the distance with a burning glare though this was different from his usual intense stare. It would be filled with a piercing feeling of malice and conflict. A near unnatural concentration of thought as to the pure adrenaline that he could feel swelling up inside him just waiting to burst out to challenge those that stood before him. "I'll have no qualms about cutting down anyone who decides to get smart and shoot something at us...in one fell swoop." This wasn't some bluff he was declaring as he had full confidence in himself and his teammate that they could come out on top no matter the tight spot and such a level of unhealthy certainty could be seen as a fool's most hurtful con or a fool's most terrifying weapon.

Arcadia... wants us to tell the other players about the real world?

That meant all the strangeness that had been occurring was this mysterious being's actions. It was trying to prevent them from doing exactly that.

What in the world is going on?

Shouko typed up a message and immediately sent to the rest of the group.

Something strange made contact with me. Told me the other players won't die when they are killed, but we must avoid mentioning the real world to them at all costs. Arcadia is plotting something. Come back here as soon as possible, it wants to talk with everyone.

Diplomacy was a bit of a terse word to use for the exchange, of which had offers, adamant refusals, and a challenge to battle to boot (Xenon internally smiled at Tian Gui's wording). The remaining members of the team were much more aggressive than any other encounter prior. Even Durin was willing to talk a bit before getting hostile... Kamui shed some light on the topic - turned out that the Peacocks weren't lacking in bite at all. Still, to be able to take out an entire team... Just how strong are the Peacocks?

Then Alexander, despite being not-so-politely told to shut up, pressed for questions similar to that they had asked the Peacocks earlier. This time around though, there was more glitchy interference came about. Before Xenon could address his teammates about this, however, a chain reaction of glitches quickly followed. In one instant, Alexander was shot by a mystical arrow, the peacock's bag of gold suspended at the arrowhead, and yet another undecipherable message appeared.

The red haired teen recognized four words before the message was gone: Again... He is here... As if fulfilling the message's last line, Arcadia appeared right in front of them in his usually fanfare of confetti. Xenon turned to Alex. According to the gamer power, Alexander's health hadn't been touched at all, but the mystical arrow still warranted some concern. "Are you alright?" he asked in a whisper.

Somehow the members of team wolf didn't seem to notice what had just transpired.

With near perfect timing, another message appeared, this time from Shouko. Something strange? So it's a third party that's behind all this glitching, huh. It's reassuring to hear that we can't kill people, but how can we be sure? Either way… Xenon briefly looked up from the message to the hovering jester. I don't think Arcadia can be trusted.

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=inherit]Even with the new development, however, there was a more tangible matter at hand to come first. The conversation seemed to be at a bit of a stalemate with Bladesong's open aside to Kamui to keep observing the gamers. Regardless of what course they were going to take, though, it was apparent that some transparency was needed. Xenon called open his inventory, pulled out his katars, and lightly tossed them on the ground in front of him. [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR] [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=inherit]"We can talk," he began. "But before we jump any guns, I think we should set some rules to keep the peace." Xenon spoke deliberately, cautiously choosing his words. "As mentioned earlier, my name is Xenon. I think it's fine if we keep talking where we are. We don't want to provoke your defenses and frankly we can't force you out even if we wanted to. That said, can we agree to put our weapons down while we're talking? If we choose to organize a fair match then that's that, but I don't feel like we should need to hold arms if we're just conversing."[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]​

Kamui didn't know what to make of Alexander's motioning, it was funny, he wanted to ask three questions and then bam just started motioning out... "If you're asking me if I've gone to mime school in mime the answer is totally hell yeah." He chuckled and then there was that pop and confetti and uh Fuckface Von Clownstick appeared...joy. He chuckled again as his new nickname for Arcadia popped into his head and smiled at the boss of it all "Well I mean if you would just drop the other teams then...seeing as how they're being such boring and poor sports that would be amazing your clownliness." The jokester smiled a big smile to the clown before looking to Xenon, his fake smile falling off as he listened to the, apparently only intelligent one, of Team Justice so far. "I think I can get behind that...I mean afterall it's not like we've been taken out by a sneak attack before....wait we have...but I like your face, it's a trustworthy face. And well it get's kinda boring just the two of us around here really."

Kamui sits down and set's his staff to his side, motioning for Xenon and the others from Team Justice to sit across from him, just out of reach of the domain. He keeps his welcoming smile on and nods at each of them "So, you want us to join forces with you...that's cool, we could certainly use not only the company but the extra firepower and help...I'm guessing peacocky didn't tell you guys this for free though...so my proposal for us joining may sour your moods. We're going to destroy team peacock...that's a given, they deserve to pay for wiping out our team. But if you guys aren't okay with that I'd rather not get you involved in it, so yeah that's one of my proposals....maybe my only one....oh another is don't disrespect our name again, that was so uncool dude like seriously." Kamui puts his arms out in a what the fuck kind of manner then rests them on his legs again. "So them's the breaks, we join up and we take out team peacock with you guys or we don't and keep going how me and Blade have been going...by ourselves and getting stronger to take out the featherheads." Kamui was patient, he knew deliberations would need to be made between these three...preferably not bassy though, but maybe Red or punchy McPuncherson would speak up first.

It was only when time seemed to stop and Arcadia himself came over to observe the continuation of negotiations that Tian-Gui connected the dots. To the rest of them, they were all merely playing a VR game, perhaps an illegal one. If they were to learn that actual death was involved within the game, there was no way that most of them would agree to continue on with the fight. Thus, for that reason, though Arcadia was fine with telling the Gamers about the situation, seeing how Tian-Gui and the others were already aware of the true nature of this world, there was definitely a magic involved that silenced any attempts to notify others of this truth.

After all, if everyone stopped 'competing', the Arcadia Games would become even more boring, wouldn't it?

Before he could press onwards with that hypothesis, however, time restarted and a new window popped up, this time a private message from Shouko. The giant narrowed his eyes. Plots within plots? Irritating…but whatever. "Glad you could join us," he said, waving at the jester, "Doesn't seem like there's going to be a fight after all though. Turns out safety trumps the possibilities of a duel, in the end."

With that, he shrugged, turning back to the members of Team Wolf. Things were beginning to become clear, if nothing else, about the personalities of the two. The fact that they alone survived the attack made them close. Kamui called the shots while Bladesong was essentially the muscle. Their ability to ward off previous attacks made them overconfident, perhaps arrogant. They cling onto their vengeance against Team Peacock, making THAT their goal.

If their goals were noble, that foolhardiness would be wonderful. It would be Tian-Gui-approved.

But as it stood…

"That's fine. Your conditions are acceptable. We've teamed up with Team Peacock in order to fight them in the finals regardless, so that works out fine. So, Arcadia, tutorial, please? How do we merge teams together?"

Arcadia watches them converse, staying silent even as Kamui mentions that he should drop the other Teams. Instead he just chooses to watch the conversation, until Tian directs attention towards him by asking Arcadia how to merge Teams. The Jester vanishes, reappearing next to Tian-Gui. "Merging Teams is impossible my dear boy. Only joining others' Teams is possible, and once the Wolves join your Team, then Team Wolf will be no more, which means the Event Rewards that Team Wolf would receive will be lessened." Arcadia wags a finger, before moving and point in the direction of the Event Field where Team Justice's first Camp is.

"You must bring the Wolves back to your Camp. There, you must get them to touch your Flag Pole and say they are joining your Team." Arcadia then rubs his pointer finger and thumb together. "Or I can do it right here and now, have the Wolves join Justice, for a price of 15 Coins, and ill even throw in upgrading the bait you Wolves used as a bonus so that a few more monsters show up for all five of you to fight. Saves you a good bit of time for more grinding, since you would need to spend ten minutes getting to your Camp."

Arcadia now goes silent, waiting to see which option would be chosen.​

Colt silently listened to the diplomacy being made between the two teams. Occasionally keeping his seemingly excessive scowling until it appears that a deal was struck. Shortly after this as well as while Arcadia spoke the expression of Team Wolf's fighter completely shifted into a care free smile as he begins walking towards TEAM JUSTICE (plus Arcadia) with his arms resting behind his head as he walked after sending his longsword to his inventory before exiting the domain and stopping just in front of them before speaking casually. "Guess I should apologize for earlier then huh? You gotta look scary sometimes so people don't just walk over ya." The young man chuckles to himself as he takes a closer look at the three, especially Tian-Gui as Colt looks to one side at him before speaking. "I honestly would've enjoyed a shot at dueling you but I guess we'll all be fighting together instead huh."

"To be honest I never really cared much about rewards at the ends of games anyways. I prefer to just enjoy the game ya know. So I'm fine with this cause it means I'll get to keep playing for longer without the threat of just getting swamped." Though Colt liked the idea of fighting the peacocks at the end of this round or whatever it was as a finale of sorts. "Also, that's gonna be your guys'z decision whether you wanna take Arcadia's offer cause well...Kamui and I have been kinda spending our gold a lot to try and keep up with the other teams so...yeah." As he scratches the back of his head acting slightly embarrassed not wanting to say that Team Wolf was practically flat broke at the moment as they had interrupted their schedule of rest and grinding.

As Alex was starting to speak, the angry man started acting even more childish. The other one acted like he would listen, or so it seemed. The interference happened again, though this time it seemed to practically freeze time for the two non-gamers.
Before he could act, Alex noticed a rather shocking thing. A magic bolt sticking in him. Oh Shi- Thinking he could be in shock, Alex was expecting a massive surge of pain. Instead, he noticed the bag of gold in what appeared to be a hand at the tip of the bolt. -T? His bag of gold had just been stolen by a magic bolt. Not that he was ungrateful that it didn't simply kill him, but losing his 20 gold coins like that was a bit annoying.
Time seemed to slip back to normal. He was fine though, his words didn't make it across, and he appeared to be a mime imitator to the other team. Alex let out a sigh. Xenon asking him if he was alright was nice gesture, and although no physical pain had occurred. The wounds to his pride had been made. He simply nodded. Maybe I should just not talk to these two unless it is 100% about training.
With the Message from Shouko and the appearance of everyone's favourite Jester. Alex remained silent till it seemed they came to a good agreement finally. Thanks to the negotiation skills of Xenon, and the personality of Tian.
When the options for how to get Team wolf to join team JUSTICE came, Alex spoke again."Well, seeing as a magic hand just snatched my bag of gold, which I assume you are behind, along with the fact that we are about to make this game of yours a much much more interesting thing. I think you should sweeten the deal a bit more than that Arcadia." Alex started trying to negotiate with the clown, "I mean we are your best source of entertainment aren't we? And we have been playing along in more than one way that you desire, haven't we?" With the information from Shouko, Alex was trying to play the angle of knowing that Arcadia wanted them to continue talking to non gamers about the real world.
~~~

Arcadia thinks for a few moments, before just laughing out loud, literally rolling in the air shortly. It takes him a few moments to calm down, and as he wipes a tear from his eye he just gives a nod, finally having stopped laughing at what Alex had said.

Whether he was laughing at Alex, or thought something was funny, is hard to tell.

"I have no idea what you mean by your gold getting stolen... but as for you all being the entertaining ones well... that's not really true. After all, its that Ama_Rei that has been in the spotlight while you all have been shoved to the sidelines." He just shrugs, before thinking and giving a nod.

"And perhaps I could sweeten the deal to help fix that. After all" a mischievous grin comes to his face, "I do like the way you think. And I do want you all to become more entertaining."

So now he straightens his floating posture and clears his throat, before holding up all ten of his fingers.

"Twelve Gold. And i'll buff the Monsters up as well as make a Spirit or two appear with every wave. You'll get more EXP and battle time that way so that your Skills get even stronger. Ill even move the Bait's location to your Festival Hill Camp, so that way dear Shouko can participate as well."

Arcadia now awaits the group's response on this new, and seemingly better than before, deal.

---

Still smiling Alex responded, "Yeah, you are right, our dear Rei does have more of the spotlight then the rest of us, even though we have the same potential, if not more. What with our greater degree of ambition and all. I think that maybe giving us a bit more of a push would be great. Can you increase drop rates as well? Or the quality of the drops?"

~~

"An increase in EXP gain would be fine too," Tian-Gui commented, "After all, we're gonna need to get that the most if we want to catch up with Rei."

~

"Well the only things they drop are the Arrows, Bows, and Potions thanks to your unfair 'Special Skill' exclusive to all of you" although so far the only thing the Wolves have seen are the few Potions that have appeared from the Gremlins and Arcadia seems to know this as he gives a shrug and a tilt of his head, "and I can't really do anything about that. But I can up the EXP increase at the Camp to 20% for the duration of the Bait, and refresh the bait's duration as well."

Of course, this immediately is followed by a

"But."

He raises up five fingers once again. "This will cost you 16 Gold, rather than 15. And that's as low as I can go."

---

""Welllll," Alex racked his mind, thinking if there was the possibility to milk anything else out of this deal prior to handing the gold over, "For an addition gold coin can you teach me the confetti thing?" Alex chuckled, "Yes or no to that one is fine, We will take the deal the deal though." Offering out his hand to shake in a business fashion, he extended it towards Arcadia.
~~~
Arcadia chuckles. "Unfortunately you do not possess the magical aptitude for such a thing. Maybe once you're more magically astute, I can take you on as my pupil and teach you Illusion Magic."

Arcadia shakes Alex's hand now, and sixteen gold is taken from the purchase chest at the Festival Hill Camp. After that, Arcadia points towards the Flagpole and snaps, a dark glow appearing around the pole.

"Simply go touch the Pole and say 'Capture!' and all that we have bargained for will be enacted upon. Give yourselves a moment to prepare and whatnot." With that, Arcadia rescinds his hand from Alex's, gives a bow, and vanishes in another burst of confetti, which all rains down upon Alex's head.

"Show me how entertaining you all can be" is what the last thing his voice says before all traces of him, including the confetti, are gone.

---

Once the transaction was over with, Tian-Gui nodded at the members of Team Wolf before walking into their Domain. Placing his hands against the Flag Pole, he said, "Capture."

It took ten seconds before the Camp's ownership rights were transferred, and from there on, he gestured towards the new members of Team Justice. Team Wotice? Team Jusolf?

"Well, now we just need to TP to our base on the hill, acquaint you to our lovely Shouko, and get some grinding done, eh?"

There was still the matter of that message of hers, but he had no plans on discussing that with strangers. They could do it during a break, perhaps. Just not in the presence of these Arcadians.

~

And the moment Tian stated 'Capture!' the flag pole would change, now having the iconic 'Team JUSTICE' Flag rather than the Flag of Team Wolf.

Furthermore, the text above the heads of the wolves would now indicate that they are of Team JUSTICE rather than Team Wolf, being Team JUSTICE Dabbler and Team JUSTICE Fighter. Of course, a window appeared before each of the two, indicating their new Team.

You have now joined Team JUSTICE!

Next, a flash of light would envelope all of them, and next thing all five of them know they are atop a hill, where an Orc Shaman instead of an Orc Axman awaits. Furthermore, all of the Items in that Storage Chest are transported to the Chest at the Festival Hill, which was the three Spirit Shards that Team Wolf had.

And now all five of them have returned, reuniting the three Gamers with Shouko. Of course, it would probably be best to save the discussion of the mysterious entity for later, or hope that the strange entity can stop time as it seems to be able to do.

Of course, it wouldn't be too much longer before more Monsters show up. So there is that. Perhaps a bit of time for rest and introductions before more Monsters show up.

Regardless... Team JUSTICE has expanded.

While Team Wolf has ended.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kamui waved and smiled to Shouko and introduced himself "Hey I'm Kamui, nice to meetcha." He says, doing the same with the others they really hadn't introduced themselves earlier. "So now that that's taken care of what shall we be doing? Grinding, chatting, sitting around a campfire singing kumbaya or something?" He wasn't quite sure what to do at the moment as they just got back but something did come to mind "Oh both of our armor's are damaged anybody able to repair them?"

Shouko paced nervously after the visit from the being. Arcadia had never seemed trustworthy, but they had come to think of the rules of the game as fair. If he really was plotting something nefarious, they had to proceed even more carefully from now on. The camp, the guardian; who's to say that Arcadia couldn't turn them upon them?

Since there was time, she focused on practising her new ability, Stone Guard, as many times as her mana allowed. It wasn't long before the rest of the group abruptly appeared within the camp. Magic? Shouko was amazed.

"Finally!" she said in relief. There were two new faces, presumably the Team Wolf members they had left to recruit. She glanced at her teammates when Kamui introduced himself. Their lack of concern told her that he was now part of the team.

"H-hi," Shouko replied apprehensively. Inside, she was weirded out by the question about their existence. Were they... real? "Nice to meet you too. I'm Shouko. We generally just use monster bait to farm. With you two we might be able to try the Small Bait instead."

"And guys, we need to talk to the-" Shouko realised her mistake and shut herself up mid-sentence. If they couldn't hear about reality, they certainly shouldn't learn about the being. "-to Rei soon," she completed her words, not wanting to seem suspicious to Kamui and the other Team Wolf player. She instead typed up another private message.

I have a spell to call the being. Will do it once Rei comes back, it sounds urgent.

To Rei, she also asked him to hurry up.

Blade aimlessly looked about at the new surroundings after the teleportation completed; feeling just a little odd after the process. However, his attention would be grabbed as he heard a new...soft voice. He turned to his right to look directly at Shouko and would do so in silence with a blank expression for a good moment before a smile appears across his face with closed eyes. Of course not having much of a filter he simply spoke his mind out loud. "Not only do we get to keep playing but there is a cutie like this on our new team too." Blade lets out a light chuckle. "This deal has already gotten better." The fighter opens his eyes as he remembers some manners once again. "Oh, the names Blade by the way. Well unless you'd like to know my actual name instead of my gamer-tag. I wouldn't mind." The crimson haired fighter laughs to himself once more, scratching the back of his head nervously as well.

Given that there are more of the enemies now, the battles are quite tough. In fact, its at a point where the New Gamers can't really grind their Skills between the fights for two reasons. The first is the presence of the Ex-Wolves, who do not do the same at all. Perhaps they do not need to grind their Skills? They don't seem to be doing it. They just seem to be going all out when fighting and then spend the time between fights resting. So in order to avoid arousing suspicion, perhaps grinding too much or doing behavior strange to the Wolves is not such a good idea.

There is that... and the more obvious reason. These enemies are tough. They make the previous Gremlins and Spirits seem weak and stupid in comparison. They seem to hit harder, have more health, and are just generally all around more challenging. All in all, there is no time to grind between fights since the entire Team has to spend time recovering between the very intense fights. Potions even need to be consumed during the fights though due to how intense things become.

Thankfully its all worth it. With the inclusion of the Shard, alot of EXP and SP for Skills is gained. Overall, its a very productive session of grinding that ascends the New Gamers all to Level 15. These Arcadia Games, as bad as they may seem, have helped the New Gamers become much stronger at a very rapid pace.

The Ex-Wolves also transcend to Level 15. This raised their Stats, Health, MP, and of course now made Class Change available to them. Such a thing would need to be done at the Purchase Chest though, and would allow them to expand their strengths now to become stronger.

In terms of rewards. 37 Gold Coins are gained from all of the Gremlins. There are Bows, Arrows, and Swords that are also dropped, but the Wolves do not see these. A familiar bit of glitching static makes these vanish, the Wolves never getting to see them, as they are transported to the Purchase Chest. The same goes for the second type of Shard that is dropped by the Spirits. Overall, nine more of each Shard being dropped, putting the number of Spirit Shards at 17 and the number of Soul Energy Shards at 14.

Overall, after the hour is over, thirty minutes remain in the Bounty Hunt. Everyone, even Tian with his seemingly endless energy, is tired though, and possibly dehydrated as well. Maybe even hungry. Thankfully Water and Rations are both pretty cheap. Even the Wolves would feel this setting on, since VR Games did often enough simulate these feelings of hunger and thirst. Everyone would need to eat at some point, and what better time than now to take a short break now that both of the extra EXP increases are gone.

A break could be in order perhaps. To relieve everyone's exhaustion, to eat, and to perhaps try and make plans for the future. Including the purchasing of any new Skills for the Wolves after all of the Grinding has been said and done.

Not that The Gamers know that the Wolves must purchase their Skills.

Still. Alot of progress has been made for now. And with the end of the bounty hunt coming soon, which means both Rei and the Peacocks would return, anything could lie ahead at this point.

Last edited:
"Oho, five seconds in and you're already trying to make ground with our beloved Shouko?" Tian-Gui teased, slapping Bladesong in the back, "So bold, kid!"

With introductions in place and some more mental preparation, all that was left to do was to fight. And the fight certainly was brutal, with Arcadia definitely holding up his side of the bargain. Even with two new members, Tian-Gui still found himself almost dying multiple times, his Second Wind being his saving grace. The fact that Bladesong's Feathersteel Armor was rendered unusable after a couple of bouts was also terrible. The swordsman wasn't nearly as accustomed to fighting with 'real' armor as Tian-Gui was, and many times the fighting became desperate, Shouko having to take to the front lines to give the melee fighters time to recover.

Ultimately though, for the first time ever, Team Justice was able to completely clear a whole hour's worth of monsters through their own efforts, and Tian-Gui was able to experiment with new techniques during all that as well. Even some running was possible while he recovered, though as time ticked on, it became harder and harder to muster up the energy to do so.

By the time the effects had ended, everyone was completely exhausted, and even Tian-Gui himself had found himself sprawled out on the top of the hill, breathing heavily. His stomach growled and his throat was parched. They seriously deserved a reward for this. Completely seriously needed a reward for going through all this madness and badness. Crawling over to the laptop, Tian0Gui was pleasantly surprised to find that the Abyss Auction actually delivered food as well, and immediately began to shop for a better dinner than just instant noodles and water bottles. After all that hard work, they absolutely deserved to splurge, didn't they?

One meal in particular caught his eyes: <Heroes' Feast>. A medieval style meal complete with a roast pig that had an apple stuck in its mouth? As well as a whole bunch of other hearty, meaty foodstuffs? Though it may be a bit troubling for Shouko to have all those high-calorie food choices put together…well, there were five other males that just got out of a warzone filled with gremlins and ghosts.

"And…purchased!"

Pulling off a Rei, Tian-Gui dumped fifty thousand yen into a meal that would feed twelve people, when they only had seven. Smart decision? Considering how Team Peacock were going to come soon, totally!

With that, he stretched out, ignored any looks he got from his fellow Gamers and said, "Yo ho, don't worry about food and drinks, guys! Just cashed in some of our money, and we're gonna get a super big meal soon! Thirty minutes to prepare, so hey, hand over your armor and I'll get right to fixing it up!"

Thirty minutes afterwards, Tian-Gui realized that perhaps it wasn't a good idea to bring himself to the brink of passing out before working on Shouko's Leather Armor. Apparently, he wasn't supposed to cut open that strap. Apparently, he damaged it. Apparently, he didn't even make any progress in fixing it up.

"…welp…two out of three's good," Tian-Gui said, scratching the back of his head, "Don't worry, Shouko, I'll work on it later. Food should be coming real soon, so hey, let's just celebrate Rei not getting shanked to pieces in this bounty round, eh?"

And then, another message popped up. A Station Camp was captured, and their Abyss Auction Laptop quickly vanished alongside it.

"…goddammit."

What, did Rei get a notification from his account that a large purchase was made, so he decided to cancel the order and freeze his bank account?

The Two Snow-Heads

Northeast of Port Island's Southern Station, was it?

Steel-clad hands swinging back and forth, a blue-haired girl balanced on top of a wall as she followed the decisions of her leader. It had been twenty minutes since she had taken off on this particular solo mission, but she wasn't bored yet. The silence and tranquility of Arcadia's battlefield was a wonderful thing. Without the sounds of cars, birds, or anything else, it was so much easier to pick up stray noises that indicated life.

Kurokage really did understand how she liked to work, huh?

In the back of her mind, a childish melody sounded and her steps became a tad more lackadaisical, swinging in wide arcs before placing themselves on solid ground once more. There was no need to rush. Her enemies were level 16s, after all. No need to worry at all if it came to Team Preying Mantis.

So she continued on, leisurely taking her time.

The mission was to kill the remaining members of Team Preying Mantis.

Failing that, to capture their camp.

"Not too hard at all."
~

Indeed. Teams Wolf, Bloodhound, and Preying Mantis had been the weakest in the Game up to this point. So this wouldn't really be all that hard of a mission. It was also a bit of a mission of vengence, since their Wind Mage Kamikaze had been eliminated just about an hour and a half ago when the members of Preying Mantises had ambushed Kamikaze, Kuro_Kage, and Kijin.

They managed to get all but four of the seven that showed up, but in turn Kamikaze had been eliminated. The remaining three had retreated. Badly wounded with their armor broken.

There were two hours until this bounty event are over, although that would leave a good sixteen hours left in the Arcadia Games. With everyone most likely needing to sleep and eat, that meant in reality there would be about 7 - 10 hours left of true competition before the Finale of Round 1 begins.

The plan of Kurokage and Kijin, the leader of Team Peacock, is to have Team Justice be the other remaining Team. It would be much more interesting that way to them, and to them and the rest of the team, Ama_Rei is too risky of an opponent to go up against right now considering that no one actually knows what their abilities are.

After all, no one has even seen a Spirit Fighter class in the actual Game.

As Yozakura makes her way through the Market Street, going a bit off ways to get to this camp, it would be interesting how everything is just quiet. It's as though someone took a photo of the Market Street and stripped it of all cars, animals, people, and everything else that could move from the photo, and then let them walk into it.

Other than the occasional Gremlin Archer or Orc Scout, one of the Level 16 Monsters, that she passed, there wasn't really any actual life here.

And even then their numbers were few. They did give her some Coins and Experience though, meaning that by the time Yozakura made it closer to her destination, she would have amassed 10 Gold Coins into her own pockets for the Team's Coffers once she is able to make her return back to the Camp.

As Yozakura makes her way, she would suddenly hear loud voices coming up the road ahead. More accurately from the parking lot of the empty Convenience Store up ahead. If she were to sneak closer, she would see not one, not three, but seven people.

Three are definitely the Mantises she is here to eliminate, but three of the others are wearing the colors of Team Bloodhound given their tabards that had the image of a red bloodhound upon them. One appears to be a Berserker most likely judging by the large sword on his back and the horned helmet upon his head.

The second is definitely a monk. He is wearing hand wraps rather than a tabard, his Gi is black with red trim and has a bloodhound patch on the front. The third seems to either be a Rogue or a Duelist, its hard to tell which, but he has two short-swords, both being held.

The Mantis Ranger has his Bow drawn, the Rogue is ready with a Rapier in one hand and a throwing knife in the other, and the Pyro Mage is Holding a Spell, their Rod glowing as they hold their hand over the stone in it. It is a handy mage technique to chant a Spell and, as long as one held their hand over the stone in their Rod, they could unleash the Spell at any time.

Both Miyuki and Ryuujin use this strategy, as did Kamikaze before he was eliminated.

Rather than facing off against one another though they seem to all be in the Domain of the Preying Mantis Camp, facing someone about twenty yards from their Camp Domain.

Hair as white as snow sits atop their head, and upon their body appears to be just a hoodie and jeans. Not the typical fantasy fare like all of the other contestants wore. They don't seem to have any Weapons on hand at all. They were unarmed, yet they weren't even wearing any Gauntlets.

From this distance the voices of the Hounds and Mantises can be heard, but not really the exact words. Judging by the tone of things, it seems like a fight is about to break out.

Yozakura could either run in for interference, or perhaps just wait and see how things play out. Or she could even disobey the plan and sneak up to attack the player who is most likely Ama_Rei. Going around for a Sneak Attack on the Mantises and Hounds is, unfortunately, impossible since the Flag Pole would detect her immediately in the Domain, as would the Guardian.

Either way, if Yozakura wants to act, she would need to act fast since it seems like the fighting is just about to start.

~

Well, that was certainly interesting. The Praying Mantises and the Bloodhounds had formed an alliance, with all six of them preparing to face off against the mysterious Spirit Fighter Ama-Rei. A small, secret smile formed on Yozakura's lips, as one hand reached into her belt pouch, feeling the Small Monster Bait that laid there. Though Ama-Rei was the highest level player in the game, it was still a scenario in which he was going up eight vs one. This would be a good opportunity then, to observe and reflect.

If he did her job for her, good. She didn't really care either way if the Praying Mantises were slain by her hand or Ama-Rei's hand. She didn't even really care if the allied teams defeated Ama-Rei here, because they would most definitely be weakened by that onslaught. And, without Ama-Rei, those weirdos from Team Justice can just be targeted afterwards.

So, for the time being, she stayed in the shadows and watched.

Either way, this fight only benefited Team Peacock.
~

Six players? Well... three are Level 16. Not much of a problem there. Three or four hits could take care of them. The Ranger is a bit concerning with those Swords, but otherwise not too much of a problem.

Of course Rei knows more than well that charging into the Domain would be stupid. No. He needed to lure them out of their Domain, away from their Flag Pole. Their Guardian here is also a Shaman, so Rei knows that he needs to get as far away as he can from that.

Should I just run? I could get away. If I fight... I won't be able to hold back. The Mantises are easy... its those Bloodhounds I need to worry about. Sure they are two Level 16's and an 18, but Monk and Berserker are concerning as they seem like both rather powerful Melee classes. As does Duelist.

It'd be using up more resources, but at this point there's not much of a choice.

Rei quickly takes a stance as he starts to move backwards and as he does both an arrow and three bolts of flame are let loose towards him.

What may have been four consecutive hits were three narrow misses and a bit of a grazing blow from the arrow. Rei, in their stance, simply uses fewer, but more precise, movements to spin and duck past each of the projectiles, now being twenty five yards back as he utilizes his movements to move backwards.

The arrow grazes his shoulder, but against the armor he wears, it merely bounces away. Rei knew exactly what he was doing. If they wanted to attack, they would need to come out of their Domain.

As from this Range, they are no match for Rei's superior speed and technique. In fact, even their stance seems to be helping. It looks a bit like Yozakura's Dodge Stance but it seems... all around better.

Rei now acts, right after a bolt of lighting streams right past him, having come from the Shaman's staff, Rei's eyes widening a bit. "And this is exactly why I want to keep my distance. That Shaman is the real threat here".

Rei had no intention of getting blasted by lightning again. It hurt. A lot. Not just pain wise, but Health wise as well. And that Stun effect is absolutely horrible.

Of course, Rei had to attack, and he knew just how. Get Monsters to fight for me.

"Set 2!"

Light envelops his body for a moment, as a pair of gauntlets fitted with crystalline orbs in the back appear on his hands.

"Summon Lesser Jiang Shi!"

Suddenly, ten yards in front of the Hounds and Mantises, a flash of blue static would erupt over the ground, and in a flash from the ground what appears to be taken straight from the pages of Chinese horror films appears right there, a Jiang Shi.

And as it appears, it suddenly opens its mouth, a comet like blast of dark grey mist shooting from its mouth towards the Ranger.

Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have any resembling Rei's, or even Yozakura's, dodging techniques. Well they aren't called one of the weakest teams for nothing. The blast hits the man, and instantly he lets out a cry of pain as the smoke he breathes in makes him cough out blood right away.

Only 19 Death Damage huh? Not bad.

Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, that's all it does as he toughs out the rest. His forehead is sweating, and the group is definitely unnerved by the sudden appearance of this creature.

"Be careful, that smoke does some sort of internal damage... but I think that's all it does".

"Ill take care of it!" shouts the Berserker. "The rest of you take care of Ama!" He now draws his mighty Greatsword from his back. His feet glow green for a moment before he shouts "Berserker Rush!" Now he rushes forward with a burst of speed, his sword shining for a moment before he lets loose the powerful blade right at the Jiang Shi.

Unfortunately, while Jiang Shi are known for their hopping movements that could allow some minute dodging ability, this particular one isn't very fast. The powerful blade cleaves the creature right down the torso. It definitely did a lot of damage, but all it does is make the creature let out a groan as it is slashed. Thanks to being dead, pain isn't much of a thing.

The Monk and the Duelist decide to quickly help their friend as well, all ganging up on the Jiang Shi. A Ki filled Punch and a stab from the Duelist's blade, followed by a second of each. Four glowing attacks in total. All of the attacks connect, but none of them are able to put down this beast, who just groans out with every hit.

Deciding that they have no choice, the Archer and the Mage both step forward, firing an arrow first. The arrow, just like the previous one since the Archer only stepped forward five yards, is but a grazing blow. The Mage on the other hand, as they finish casting their Spell, launches a bigger blast of fire towards Rei, one that moves a bit further.

This attack is slightly more than grazing, and Rei curses a slight bit at the heat. Unfortunately, while it looks like it got through Armor, it didn't seem to do much else. This time the Bolt of Lightning was very close to hitting Rei, Rei dodging it by the tip of his teeth, and just grits those very teeth.

They get closer and closer every time!

Of course, the Shaman only has a limited amount of Mana. Then it would have to start using its Health.

Twenty yards away. Rei doesn't want to charge forward yet. Force them to get closer, then strike.

Rei thrusts his palms towards the Ranger as he steps forward five yards. "Essence Arrow!" Both of his hands glow, before two glowing, blue arrows shoot right for the Ranger. Unfortunately the first is completely off target. The second one, however; hits right on target. The Ranger lets out a loud cry of pain as the arrow hits deep, looking as if it dealt a large amount of damage.

Rei chants the same words again, two more arrows firing. While it's not a full on blow, it still hurts a good bit as the first arrow blasts him in the shoulder. These are the same preying mantises that were forced to retreat with broken armor, so they hadn't gotten a chance to fully repair said Armor yet. So these attacks hurt. A lot.

The third arrow that hits him, unfortunately, is quite full on. It bears right into his chest, making him let out a loud cry of pain once again before he falls backwards, wounds present on his body and a bit of blood leaking from his mouth due to the impacts of the strong magical attacks.

The Jiang Shi seems to move now, and suddenly its body seems to glow, and the three opponents who are surrounding it have the grey mist that comes from its body hit them, and it seems like it's drawing green, glowing energy from them. The Berserker and Duelist seem to resist, but the Monk isn't so lucky, a green mist drawing from his body to the Jiang Shi's.

A life draining technique most likely.

"Go after Ama-Rei!" Shouts the Berserker as he raises his sword down, the blade glowing, as he attempts to smash it down on the creature while the Monk splits off to go towards Rei. Another powerful, full on attack. Unfortunately it does not put down the creature either, but certainly cuts in deep and makes a large portion of its essence blast from its body as it lets out a deep, loud groan.

The Duelist as well takes a stab at the Jiang Shi. And hits. The creature lets out a loud groan before vanishing into a plume of black smoke. It definitely ate some hits, and dealt some damage out. And that is just what Rei wanted.

The monk gets to Rei and, right before he does, performs a leaping kick right for Rei's head. Rei is able to duck away, barely, from the running attack, not able to counter though as he has to move away from the Monk in order to completely dodge the attack.

All the while the Pyro Mage decides to quickly replenish her Mana while she has the chance, taking out her Mana Potion before she bends down now, to most likely begin searching through the Ranger's Pouch for a Health Potion to try and Heal him.

The Rogue also moves, choosing to now dash close to the mage, before letting loose two throwing knives once again at Rei. Unfortunately they miss.

The Shaman, instead of firing another Lightning Bolt, decides to spend its time getting closer, sprinting forward 20 yards with its long strides and barrel forward charge, making it now 25 Yards away from Rei instead of 50.
~
The ability to summon monsters and the ability to fire off powerful magical projectiles? As well as high-end dodging ability? Was a Spirit Fighter just a jack-of-all-trades? The fight seemed to be clearly in the favour of the white-haired Spirit Fighter, if nothing else. Most strikes from the other players missed, and in just ten seconds, half of their backline was decimated.

Even though the Rogue was now reinforcing the backline as they attempted to help out their fallen Range, it didn't matter. Thrown weapons were less effective than long-ranged ones, and it was obvious that Ama-Rei was drawing them out of their Domain.

Well, if nothing else, it helped out Yozakura. She had confirmation that Ama-Rei possessed long-range combat abilities. So next, she just had to get rid of these nuisances so the Spirit Fighter could relax and show off his melee abilities.

It was going to be annoying, too, if they just picked up their friend.

With a burst of movement, Yozakura broke out of the shadows, ignoring the presence of the Rogue and the Mage. First priority was preventing the resuscitation of the Ranger. As the Rogue stepped in with a swing of his sword, Yozakura dipped down even lower, steel claws sparking against the pavement. A singular strike tore into the fallen Ranger's chest, and with a sticky ripping sound, she tore into his lungs, ending his life.

"One."

Wheeling around next, her amber eyes turned to the the Pyro Mage. A spark of excitement flickered into her expression, as she lunged in at point blank range. Flashing steel tore a gash to the side, scarlet droplets splattering onto Yozakura's face. A cry of pain soon followed, as her lips curled upwards in satisfaction.

This wasn't revenge. But this was fun.
~
The swift jab easily hits full on, the girl crying out in pain as the claws dig right into her side with this straight thrust attack, blood coating both sets of claws now.

Rei knew she was coming, but the real question had been when she would jump in. Well... Rei sensed her when she was twenty yards away at least, that being when she appeared on the Minimap.

Need to work harder on my Essence Honing...

Rei of course, is not happy that this girl suddenly jumps in. Rei did not like to rely on others, and having this person come in and help her for no apparent reason is quite the annoyance.

Still, she decides to just accept the annoyance for now. After all, this is a fight Rei just wanted to be over with. And having someone help just made that quicker to the point where it isn't even fair.

"Limb Empowerment!"

In a flash of light, glowing white and blue energies form over Rei's arms and legs while they seem to just carry more power to them physically now. Now Rei charges right for the Monk, able to be upon the Monk a mere five yards away quite quickly, the monk having mere moments to try and parry Rei's oncoming attack that, right as its raised and the punch is thrown, seems to explode with more force as Rei sends the punch forward.

The first attack hits dead on, and the man is lost for breath at the impact of the glowing punch, gasping out heavily as blood immediately pours from his mouth at its impact of the fist right into his stomach. Rei doesn't stop there though, quickly using his other fist to wind up for one more strike. This attack is parried to an extent, but the remaining force of the attack still impacts him right in the side of the ribs, dealing a powerful blow as already the strong looking monk looks pretty heavily rattled from just two strikes.

"Ill take care of our new nuisance, go after Ama-Rei!"

The berserker shouts this as he comes up from behind the Rogue, aiming to bring down that powerful Greatsword right down atop the Claw User, the powerful sword slashing right heavily into her side, dealing a very nasty blow and 47 points of damage.

The very badly wounded Monk moves away quickly, and then pulls out a Health Potion, choosing to chug it down to heal some of his wounds while the Duelist moves in an attempt to attack Rei. The attack misses, and Rei uses his own training to attempt to counter the missed sword as he parries it aside with ease using his glowing, gauntleted hands.

Unfortunately it misses, and the man goes for his second slash. The attack gets through Armor and magical barrier from his ring, but is stopped by his own naturally built up toughness after that thanks to his Armor and RIng absorbing the heaviest brunt of the blow.

The Pyromancer quickly grabs one of the Health Potions that appeared on the ground before retreating backwards, chugging it as she moves, a good bit of the wound in her side healing now.

Or so was the plan. As soon as she managed to grab the bottle, a sudden claw lashing out stabs her right in the side, making her scream out, the sudden pain making her drop the bottle to the ground as she backs away, the Health Potion now useless and the Mage still heavily wounded.

The Orc, unfortunately, finishes charging its Spell though as it quickly fires a bolt of lighting right towards the Claw Rogue. The bolt hits dead on, lightning coursing over her entire body in a streak of white hot, nerve shattering pain, a nice burn mark appearing on her side where the blast strikes her.

Fortunately she manages to stay conscious, her armor having kept her at exactly 0 HP, and with a burst of bodily hardiness, she manages to avoid getting stunned as well.

The main, real threat here is that Shaman and the Berserker. Unless Yozakura can find a way to deal with them, this fight could be her death knell.

---

As Ama-Rei brought out yet another skill that Yozakura never witnessed before, the Rogue let out a low whistle at his fancy feet. So he could throw Ki punches like a monk, as well? Made her wonder if he advanced his classes so that every spectrum was carried. Perhaps a build like...Brawler into Monk into...Spirit Fighter?

"Mmm," Yozakura mused, "an anomaly."

A commanding shout from the Berserker brought her to reality once more, the greatsword-wielding man rushing in. Catching her off guard, his sword cleaved into her side, before he wrenched it out. A burning brand of pain lanced up her heart. A good, clean hit. She'd almost applaud him, if it wasn't for the fact that there was no way merely two fighters were enough to deal with Ama-Rei.

A boring coward then.

She turned away from the Berserker without another glance and lashed out at the Pyro Mage once more, two clawed fingers digging into the same wound. Another cry, another smile, and this time, the HP pot struck the ground as well, its restorative contents splashing onto the pavement.

Was it fear? Despair? Or…

*CRACK*

Lightning, too fast to even comprehend before it struck, burst from the staff of the Orc Shaman. The world was filled with white, and an awful ringing sound pierced the center of her brain. For a moment, she swayed, almost as if she was going to fall.

And then, that flicker of violent energy found itself in her eyes once more.

Weaving from side to side, like a petal caught in the wind, she dodged both blows from the men behind her, a claw snagging the dead Ranger's fallen potion. In one quick movement, she chugged it down, her wounds closing and her hearing restored.

"Hi there," she said, pale skin seared brown by lightning, "I'm Yozakura."

With that, she tossed that empty glass potion into the air.

Three lightning fast steps closed the distance. As the Pyro Mage's lips parted, prepared to cast some sort of spell to bail herself out of the situation, Yozakura spun around, the Steel Claw becoming a deadly hammer.

It struck the mage right at her chin, and her head rotated twice with a sickly 'crackle' before the body disappeared.

Yozakura turned, and raised two fingers up towards the Berserker, curling them.

"Two."

The glass bottle hit the pavement, and shattered.
~

Rei had to admit. This girl had both claws and style. Of course, he had other things on his mind, like a Duelist trying to stab him. So it may have used up HP, but Fa Jin is the best way to wrack up the extra Physical Damage.

Rei lets loose another punch, letting his internal energy burst right at the punch's unleashing to force more power into it. The punch hits dead on, and just like the monk the punch hits like a cannon shot, knocking the breath right out of the man as Rei goes for one more regular punch this time to try and finish off the low health Duelist.

The Duelist didn't have much technique for dodging, and even though he dodged a bit of the heavy blow, Rei saw this and curved his movements right at the last second to still catch the man dead on in the side of the stomach once again. Ribs crack under the weight of the metallic, energy infused fists as he coughs up a large amount of blood now, eyes rolling back as the man falls down and passes out, vanishing now leaving his stuff behind.

Not even able to revel in how he killed someone, Rei moves towards the Monk in a couple of very quick steps, delivering one more punch to the Monk. Dead on, fist connecting with the Monk's armorless chest, only a thin magic barrier abating a small portion of the blow.

One more.

Rei throws it. Metal and energy meet bone and flesh, bones cracking and splintering beneath the weight of the mystically charged punch as with a loud cry he throws all of his weight into it, throwing the man backwards with the powerful blow, the Monk stopping on the ground, eyes rolled back, blood pouring from his mouth due to the wounds to his heart and lungs.

He vanishes as well, leaving nothing but his articles behind.

The Berserker has to make a choice now. Go after Ama_Rei, go after Yokazura, or flee.

"WHO THE FUCK CARES!" His voice is let out like a roar.

"BERSERKER RAGE!" His muscles swell as his eyes go blank, his entire body glowing red with energy as he lets out a breath, the energy escaping from his mouth, his muscles swelling with power. It seems like the Berserker is planning on going all out.

The Rogue, not wanting to deal with this madness as he just watched Ama_Rei decimate his teammates within less than six blows, raises his hand up. This isn't why he played VR Games.

VR Games are supposed to have censors... so someone get me out of this crazy nightmare!

"L-L-Logout!!"

He vanishes now, leaving behind a small bag of Gold Coins and a Health and Mana Potion.

And now its just Rei, the Shaman, the Berserker, and the Claw Wielder.

As for the Shaman, who still had one Lightning Bolt left, it launches said Lightning Bolt at Yokazura, the closest target.
~

Yup, Arcadia certainly made a broken class. She nodded in approval as Ama-Rei promptly dismantled the remaining two fighters going up against him, before turning her gaze towards the Berserker.

"Tsk tsk," she chided, wagging her finger from side to side.

Even as the Berserker swelled up in size, empowered by his own anger, even as yet another Lightning Bolt left its mark on her, dropping her down to a critical state, Yozakura simply nodded. Perhaps the pain had left her numb. Perhaps the numbness just spawned from her apathy. Perhaps perhaps perhaps.

But ultimately, she just winked at the frothing man, waved at the towering Orc Shaman, and ran off, taking a potion this time from her Belt Pouch and drinking it. More of that fuzzy, warm, recovery feeling traced through her veins, as she turned around a second time, keeping one eye on the Orc Shaman. At this distance, what was worrying was the Lightning Bolt, not a brain dead sword-swinger.

A shame too.

If Kijin wasn't so obsessed with elegance, Yozakura might have offered to give him a place in Team Peacock. He certainly hit hard enough.
~

Rei had to act fast. Rei first once again aimed his palms towards the Berserker. "Essence Arrow!"

The first of the two arrows hits him. Not fully, but it hits him, and he just growls loudly. The second one is a bit more devastating of a hit, The third one that Rei conjures with another "Essence Arrow!" hits the man dead on right below the neck, the magical arrow piercing and smashing right into the man's neck, dealing him a very powerful blow to the already weakened, because Berserker Rage uses HP, fighter.

He too falls over, blood on his neck and coming out of his mouth from Rei's arrow, this leaving just the Shaman now, who proceeds to throw a Thunderbolt Rei just as Rei steps back and the fourth launched Arrow hits the ground and dissipates into nothin, the bolt blasting into Rei, making him grit his teeth.

He deals with it though, and decides to spend some time chugging some potions as he moves forward, staying in his own Stance as he does so.

By this point the glowing energy has worn off, having lasted for about twenty five seconds or so as the Orc proceeds to fire one more bolt of Lightning, using its Health at this point to power the Spell. It hits, but Rei takes it, and chugs two more potions.

Rei is but ten yards away, staying in that Stance, the Orc firing yet another bolt of lighting. Another dead on hit, Rei gritting his teeth. Finally Rei chugs two more potions before moving forward, now right near the Orc so that if it tried charging that Spell again, Rei would disrupt it, Rei in a slightly different looking Stance now.

The Orc instead draws its sword and brings it down to slash upon Rei. The first one hit, but was somewhat deflected. This allowed for what of the brunt that wasn't deflected to be mostly absorbed by Rei's armor, barrier, and defenses. The second attack is easily parried, and thus Rei quickly goes for a counter by batting the attack aside with a precise, swift movement of his arm.

Unfortunately the Orc also parries the blow to the side with the side of its blade.

Of the two arrows that fired... the first one barely missed, due to Rei's stance and it being on the edge of its range. The second one happened when Rei was a small bit closer, but otherwise Rei easily dodged with a skillful weaving past the magical projectile.

Rei now decides to do something different, clenching his arms as suddenly a pair of dark green blades cover the glass orbs, coming out from beneath his sleeves, Rei quickly slashing at the Orc now with these new swords. The first slash hits, although not fully, the Orc still getting cut deep and then hit with a blast of dark green flame as the blade's afteraffect.

One more slash. Rei goes again, using his offhand. Parried. But not out, as Rei quickly spins around, using momentum as he slashes towards the Orc once again. One more. A much less substantial hit, but it still does damage. Just two more slashes.

A much more substantial slash. Right below its neck, making the creature roar out in pain. And one quick, final thrust right into the creature's heart, the beast roaring out in a frenzy before vanishing. Rei quickly picks up all of the dropped Items, stuffing them into his Inventory, before heading straight for the Flag Pole as he gets hit by one more magical arrow, fortunately being barely affected by it.

"CAPTURE!" Shouts Rei as he touches the pole, it starting to glow. Unless Yozakura wants to interfere, then this Camp would soon belong to Team JUSTICE!

---

Lots of pot drinking and lots of damages, huh? She had to confess, she'd never seen someone take down a Guardian by themselves before, but then again, perhaps this was normal for someone who held the distinction of being the strongest player in the Arcadia Games. Picking up whatever was the most valuable from her own kills, Yozakura uncorked yet another Health potion and drank it, watching Ama-Rei capture the camp from a distance. Bit of a shame she never got to use her plan, but eh, knowledge was nice.

Perhaps if she was greedier, she may have tried to interfere, but...a shrug.

"Doesn't matter either way."

With that, she waited for the Spirit Fighter to finish, tossing that empty bottle up and down.

~

As much as Rei would rather have gotten first pick of the Items, it really didn't matter. He had their Purchase Chest after all, which held their stockpiled Gold. Another 30 Gold to send back to the Base Camp. In addition to the rest of the Items. Even if it is broken, with Rei knows that he can use it.

Need to grind my Crafting ability after all.

So Rei would grab the broken pieces of armor, the Berserker Chest Piece, the Monk's Gi, the Duelist's Leather-Coat, and throw all of those into the Chest as well. The Arrows, the bow, the Greatsword are also grabbed. He even puts the Berserker's Strength Bangle in the chest, figuring the other Gamers could use it more than he. The only thing, aside from any Potions, that he doesn't put in the chest is the Monk's Gi. Which looked like a better set of Clothing to have for Set 1 then just his regular Clothes. So he stuffs that into his Inventory for now.

Overall there isn't too much since the Armor from the Mantises is broken.

But still enough to make good materia.

Now Rei turns back towards Yozakura. "So... is there a reason why you decided to interfere? Or did you just want in on the EXP".

---
"Impatience, perhaps," Yozakura mused, stepping up to just one inch before the Domain. More strange abilities were being displayed by this particular player, and now it was fairly clear that Ama-Rei definitely was different from everyone else.

A character from a different game? Or some prank by Arcadia?

"You're not from this Game, are you? No bleeding, no real classification, and some hammerspace ability. I was here to kill the remnants of Team Praying Mantis, but, well, you appeared." Another indifferent shrug, as she allowed that potion to drop to the ground.

"So this is the other mission I've been tasked with. I'm Yozakura of Team Peacock. The rest of my team should have already reached your 'base camp', where your low-leveled...students are. In the words of Kijin…'let's form an alliance, kill the other teams, and have an exceedingly elegant finals match.'"

"Don't really care whether or not you accept it though."
~

Not from this game? This almost makes Rei raise an eyebrow, but he stops himself before any inquisitive expressions can appear on his own pale face.

Is this... really a game then? It would explain a few things, like how they are all so eager to get into fights. I wouldn't go eagerly fighting if I knew the consequence was death.

Then another realization hits Rei. For a while now, something more than just Arcadia's personality had been bugging Rei. Something about the name Arcadia really. He knows that it's a somewhat common name for places or other such things in Fantasy games... but the feeling Rei has been getting is a different form of familiarity.

As if I've heard that name before somewhere not too long ago.

Damn! I thought I almost had it. Rei curses internally. His INT is 26. Remembering such a thing should be easy.

Of course, by here Yozakura is talking about going around taking out other Teams and a thing about alliances. Rei searches through their memory once again.

Then it hits him. He had completely forgotten about it, mainly because he hadn't been playing nearly as many VR Games since he had gotten the Gamer Power. A Closed Beta for what was going to be a Cross Platform VR and Mobile Game that also had not confirmed rumors of being able to have a character sent from the other Game set in this universe to this one, Dungeons of Masmorra being the not too widely known Single/Online Player game.

Arcadia Quest... and Dungeons of Masmorra. If this is some sort of VR Game... then how the heck are we here?

Well there is only one way to find out. If this really is a Game or not.

"Well you're not supposed to be able to bleed in VR Games, as that breaks the VR Protection Law. As for my character, I was able to bring mine from their other older game, Dungeons of Masmorra, and I guess there was a bug or something so that's why we have that game's Inventory System and don't bleed".

It is the Alpha Build after all. Many VR Games, especially the MMOs, always have three different testing phases. An Alpha, a Beta, and an Omega, with the Omega being much closer to the final product. VR Game development is a lot different than development of standard video games.

Rei hoped that he was right here with this. His words are based on actual things about both games, and given how not many people know about Masmorra it is quite believable.

"As for your alliance request. Why should I trust you? The moment we are in battle, what's to stop you all from stabbing us in the back".

Rei is looking over this claw wielder.

Not a lot of health remaining... it would be quite simple to take her out here and now... but if they know where the camp is, taking her out here could prompt them to attack in full force.

Now Rei awaits a response.

---

Ama-Rei's explanation almost made sense. Almost. So he was strong because he was basically New Game+? It was almost reasonable...but that logic didn't follow. Porting a character from another game is just porting personal data, not the entirety of the game itself. Stats, appearance, skills, equipment. That's what was translated, not something like graphics. Regardless of his explanation, what stood true was the fact that he was an odd one out.

If everyone else, under the rules of this system, bled blood, and he was the only one that didn't, there was simply no logic to that.

It wasn't her place to bother with interrogating Ama-Rei, and with his counter-argument, Yozakura shrugged once more, wiping the blood off her claws with the edge of her dress. "As I said, don't really care either way. Kijin wants an elegant finale against you. Everyone else is all about honor and refinement and all that. If you don't want to trust those words, I'm fine."

"But this arrangement benefits your team the most, you know? Not you, of course, but all those low-leveled players you shepherd around."
~

It may not have been logical, but when are game bugs ever logical. All in all, it's the best form of explanation Rei can come up with that doesn't involve revealing the truth of The Gamer.

Rei goes through his Inventory, replacing the regular clothing of Set 2 with the Monk Gi. Instead of being a red and black Gi like it had been before when he puts it on, the colors had changed and the patch with the Bloodhound had vanished. Now the Gi matched his heterochromatic eyes, the main body of it being that light purple, while the trim itself was sky blue.

That was... unnecessary.

And as much as Rei doesn't want to admit it, this girl had a point. Sure Rei could take on any of the members of Team Peacock. But if they are all at the level of, or stronger than, Yozakura then that would be troublesome. One or two Rei could handle. If all of them were to attack, then that would be quite problematic, especially since they knew more about the mechanics of Arcadia Quest than Rei did.

After all, Rei was supposed to be part of the Closed Beta, since he did apply, but he completely forgot about it until now since The Gamer power has kept him out of the VR Game world and busy with grinding and growing stronger. The only real gaming he has done since getting this power is playing on his PFP in his spare time whenever he is taking a break.

Still, if this really is a Game, then that means these players can't really die. I don't know how or why we are here or why Arcadia is doing all of this, but this would break the Interference Law if these people all really died. Arcadia is nothing compared to The Messengers of Gaia.

So then... what does Arcadia have to gain from all of this?

Sure Rei has heard of anime or games where people are trapped in a virtual world, but bringing virtual characters into a metaphysical copy of the world, and then allowing real people to enter that world to intermingle with them?

This is all sorts of confusing.

"Tell your Leader to meet me at my Base Camp after the Bounty Hunt is over. Ill decide whether or not to accept his invitation for an allegiance then. For now... since there is still about 75 minutes left in the event, I will be a little busy warding off players that are probably going to come out of the Woodwork to target me as I head further southward".

Plus, Rei wanted to make it to the South Station. Just to see what was there.

Where Yozakura would know a powerful Boss Guardian rests. At each of the Four Stations. The Level 21 Orc Captain was at the North Station, which the Peacock's own and captured not but an hour ago after what was a very, very hard fought battle.

She could tell Rei about the powerful enemy that rests there. Or she could let him walk in blind. Or perhaps she could even go with him. After all, a Bus Stop shouldn't be too much further ahead, and Yozakura did have enough coins to pay its fee.

Bus Stops, or Transport Points, are another mechanic that fewer people know about since in the actual game, they were a bit pointless. Here, they have much more of a point.

Pay Gold Coins to return to any Bus Stop near any Camp you own. And it just so happens that there is indeed one at each station. It is how Yozakura is supposed to return if she failed to capture the Praying Mantis Camp.

So going with Rei towards the station about another fifteen or so minutes away is always a viable option. Especially since she could get EXP from any players that appear to try and attack him.

---

75 minutes left until talks can be had?

And the teams that remained were...Justice, which only has Ama-Rei as an ace, Sparrow, which was essentially equal to Peacock, Lion and Tiger, which were perpetually second place, and Snake, which basically just absorbed a whole bunch of other teams.

"Yeah, Snake will probably try something now. And South Station is where the big boss is. If you need to chug pots against the Shaman, then you should just give it up."

~

Team Snake? Unfortunately the Info Board that The Gamers had only updates whenever they meet people from that Team or learn information about other teams. Not that Rei knew this. But if one were to see their info board, they would know that it is incomplete.

"And what Level is this Big Boss? And does it have any Attacks like that Shaman's Lightning Bolt?"

Rei figured he'd ask her a bit of info on it.

If it is an Orc Captain, she knows that it wields two longswords and has a banner on its back. The banner provides the Orc various buffs, and can shoot out a magical arrow like the Flag Pole every 10 seconds or so automatically, or on will if the Orc calls upon it.

Its swords hit rather hard as well. Probably about the same level as that Berserker. The difference between the Orc and that Berserker though being that the Orc Captain is not just fast, but good with its swords as well. So while it may deal about the same amount of damage, unlike the Berserker it has a much higher chance of hitting.

---

"Well," Yozakura turned, tilting her head to the side, "Are we allies, or do we just have a temporary truce?"

~

Rei just sighs. Allies huh?

Rei clenches his fists. The last time he had 'allies'...

He just shakes his head.

This is different. This time, i'm stronger. Ill play their Game for now. I need all of the information I can get, and the Peacocks know more about this Game than I do. So perhaps they know strategies or have ways to get better Items or more Experience.

"Fine. I'll accept. But on the condition that you tell me anything about this Game that I want to know. Only then, will I lend you my strength, since that is what your boss is after, right?"

Rei clenches his fist and puts it outward. It may be small... but Yozakura just witnessed Rei's fists punching several men to death. So naturally there is a bit of an aura of strength, or perhaps intimidation, to it. A legitimate aura supported by actual events.
"
My strength."

---

Lazy.

Could have just found out himself with some scouting, but perhaps this Rei was just...lazy. Not interested in surprises. Not confident enough to challenge something unknown? Well, Kijin would be happy with this, at least.

"Sure, I'll answer what I can then. The one we faced in the North Station was a level 21 Orc Captain. Think Axeman, but with swords. The camp has two flags, essentially. One is on its back, another is the normal Flag Pole. Gives it buffs and serves as a secondary turret."

"But there's only four stations. Wouldn't be surprised if each had a unique boss."

~

Dual Wielding... probably hits hard. Magical arrow attacks, and buffs. The Magic Arrow attacks, in Rei's mind, are nothing too much to worry about.

"Well, even if it's something different, knowing the strengths of one boss will give me an idea of how strong the others can be".

Rei stretches now, going over towards the Camp Chest and examining the upgrades.

Rank 8 Chest. Further Domain Range... not much different than our Camp other than that, but ill take it anyway".

Rei clicks a few options on the chest, teleporting the upgrades back to the Base Camp, the Orc Shaman remaining here though. With that done, Rei starts to walk towards the South Station.

"That will be all. Go tell your Boss that i'll negotiate terms with him later. I am accepting for now, but nothing is official yet".

And with that, unless Yozakura decides to follow Rei either due to convenience of destination, this would be where they would part ways. Although Yozakura would need to go that way if she wants to get to the bus stop. Perhaps this is an opportunity to see more of what Rei's capable of?

Or to just kill any weaklings that come this way.

---

"Yup."

And with that, Yozakura trailed behind him, following Rei down the path to the South Station.

~

The next group to show up is Team Eagle. More accurately they suddenly appeared in a flash of light, all five of them, in front of the group. Three were Level 18, and the two others were Level 17.

With Rei, a Jiang Shi, and Yozakura the group is made quick work of. Sure it felt strange to make people bleed, but they aren't truly dying.

Overall, Yozakura got to finish one of them off. Unlike the last group, these guys were more prone to melee, having a Sniper on their Team, which is a pure range Archer. This is the opponent that Yozakura manages to finish off.

They didn't have much for loot either. All of the Gold Coins are most likely back at their camp, which since they used a very expensive Teleport Gem probably isn't much.

"Stupid," Yozakura chided, after they finished those ambushers off.

Rei sighs heavily. The station is in their sights now. One would normally need to climb up the long stairs and swipe their card at the gate of this brick station, the platform unable to be seen from here.

Let's recover first.

The first two times Rei tried to cast a Spell called 'Mentality of Essence Recycling' the Spell seemed to fizzle out, the glowing light that shone over his body disappearing after the ten second casting time.

A bit irritated, Rei heightens his focus and tries again, chanting the Spell's... not great name... for the third time.

This time is much more successful, a glowing green and blue energy moving over his body now.

Taking a couple minutes to rest and practice various moves, punches, kicks, and other techniques of what is obviously a martial art of some kind, probably Tai-Chi or the like, Rei seemed to just be practicing his moves and Spells for a bit.

Rei thinks for a moment, checking the time on the HUD. Four hours had passed. Only one hour remained. He waits for his HP and MP to fully recover, which does not take more than a couple of minutes.

The Spirit Fighter then pulls a Small Monster Bait from his Inventory. "Do you have any Small Monster Baits on you? Might as well grind here and get ambushed, instead of getting ambushed during or after the Boss Fight".

---

"Was planning on using it for something else, but sure," Yozakura said, taking it out of her pockets, "Catch."

With that, she tossed it over to Ama-Rei, before going over her resources once more. Everything looked to be fine, and really, the only oddity was the fact that Ama-Rei did so much. "What's the point of spamming your skills anyways? Not like they're going to get stronger through repetition."

~

So... Arcadians didn't level up their Skills through grinding huh? Then how did they level up their Skills? Fighting perhaps? That is a thing some Games do. Gain Skill Points or whatever through fighting battles and whatnot.

"I just feel better when I use them. Plus... they may not get stronger, but I get a better feel for the technique through practice. VR RPG Games are more than just numbers you know. If you don't how to properly use your Skills, then you won't survive. Simple as that". As is real life, but Rei decides not to go into that angle.

For now he shatters both baits, and by doing so three Orc Scouts, a Gremlin Mage, two Gremlin Rangers, and one of those Spirits first appear.

With Rei's Jiang Shi Summon, own incredible abilities, and assistance from Yozakura if she chose to help, all of the monsters are soon eliminated. Unfortunately without a Camp, Yozakura wouldn't really be able to recover HP, and she did take a few blows in both this fight and the prior fight, needing to use one potion in that fight. Plus her armor was going to need repairs soon.

Rei notices the wounds on Yozakura, wondering how they would heal. Her HP didn't heal after that fight either. Do... Arcadians not have Regeneration.

She could take the Bus Stop back to the other Station for 15 Gold, which she had enough thanks to the 10 she got earlier and the five she picked up from that Rogue. Peacock had one Camp down here, but it was back near the University.

She would need to either return to her own Camp to heal, or drink potions. Which she did acquire two more from all of the fighting. That and some not terrible EXP and Skill strengthening.

Returning to her own camp, while it would spare resources of precious potions, would force her to have to leave Rei though, who seems to be using that 'Mentality of Essence Recycling' Spell again right after the fight.

---

A recovery ability, huh? This Spirit Fighter class really did have everything then. No wonder he was confident in going around on the offensive, capturing camps even while he was hunted down by every other team. A literal one-man team, all things considered.

A cleric, a mage, a monk. A rogue as well, judging from those blades he used.

She drank her potion, decided to take a more passive role in the upcoming fights, and waited for the next wave to come.

Is there more, perhaps? Well, regardless, it was easy EXP.

~

Potions huh?

Perhaps they could only naturally heal at their Camps? That made sense. And is definitely good to know for the future when taking on more players.

For now, the fights continued. And Rei continued to practice his Skills between them. Ultimately no more Teams showed up. The monsters did though, continuing to show up in varied ranks of the monsters from the first fight once every ten minutes instead of 15. And of course, they made their priority target Rei and his Jiang Shi that he would summon.

Of course, with the help in finishing blows that Yozakura provided, these fights went a small bit easier. But overall, Rei is the one who ends up taking almost all of the loot, letting Yozakura have eight coins and two of the six health potions that show up as a sign of thanks, since Rei isn't without gaming etiquette.

Overall Yozakura would get 8 EXP from the entire affair. She would get hit two more times throughout. Her Armor now being at 0 AR, since it was already weakened from everything else. Naturally another potion would be needed if Yozakura wants to stay here with Rei. Fortunately with Gold Coins and the Workbench bought from the Rank 8 Chest, her Armor could be repaired via Gold Coins or with other pieces of Feather-Mail or, since the Feather Longswords are made of Feather-Steel, the Feather Longswords could also be used.

Still, this gave her 6 Health Potions, 3 Rejuvenation Potions, 28 Gold Coins, the Minor Accuracy Ring, and the two Feather Longswords that she had in her pouch.

There were also other Items that these enemies dropped, for some reason. The Scouts had dropped a few of their swords and a couple pieces of their armor, along with their Bows and Arrows (The Arrows being a known Drop, but the Bows weren't). The Gremlin Mages that appeared dropped a couple of rings and three sets of their robes. While the Spirits did drop the Shards that Kozakura knew about, they also had a different shard that they dropped.

And naturally, Rei picked up all of these Items. Items that normally didn't appear. Another unique thing to his Character? Or something else?

Who knows.

But the Bounty Event ends soon enough after the fifth hour.

And of course, Arcadia makes his announcement.

"The Bounty Hunt is over! Sad to say, the Bounty managed to escape, and with a nice sum too. Ama_Rei will receive 35 Gold Coins! Since with how many of you tried to take him on, the total rose up a good 33 Coins! Well then, stay tuned for the next event announcement in one hour everybody!"

With that, a bag of gold drops from the sky and lands right in Rei's hands, who just sighs heavily.

Glad that's over.

Stuffing it into his Inventory, Rei looks towards the Station gate, breathing in, and then out, as he activates that same Spell again. About ten or so more minutes of rest, and practice of just physical moves, and Rei is ready to go.

"So... do you plan on actually doing anything during the Boss Fight? Or are you just going to keep watching everything I do?"

Which honestly... I don't like. Aside from my Materia Magic and Crafting... this Yozakura has seen most of my Skills, even if she doesn't know their specifics.

Honestly Rei is half tempted to just take this girl out... but she has helped him go through these fights a bit more easily. And he has to admit that in the fight against those Hounds and Mantises, she did play an integral part in absorbing damage and taking out those annoying ranged fighters.

At this point, considering her more like his Jiang Shi summon puts him more at peace of mind than anything. Just a random follower that helps him out a small bit.

Not something he needs. But something that helps.
---

"If it looks like you'll win, I'll help you out. If it looks like you'll lose, I'll help you out," Yozakura explained, "But it doesn't matter either way if you get the camp or not. Not like it's going to directly benefit my team, unless we're sharing Gold as well."

The bounty hunt had concluded, and now they should just head back to the Base Camp or whatever, but...this was more interesting. Kijin can wait, after all.

"I'm really just here to see something special."
~

This girl is definitely an interesting one. Well it's not like people probably don't think the same about me being "interesting".

Rei opens his Inventory and other such windows, doing checks on everything. After all, Rei has no idea at all what this boss is going to be like. Hopefully it is that Orc Captain, as he sounds like a pretty easy enemy.

"If the Boss has any Minions, go after those. Otherwise, go after the Flag Pole. That's if you plan on helping me of course". Rei has no idea what Yozakura is planning on doing during the fight.

"As for the benefits of an alliance... maybe we can ask Arcadia to do something about that. Who knows. For now, let's just focus on the Boss."

With that, Rei begins to head up the stairs, readying himself for two things. Summoning a Jiang Shi, as he made sure his Materia Spheres for doing so are fully recharged since summoning several may be necessary for this fight, and casting his go-to 'Limb Empowerment'.

Yozakura herself is only at 100 HP, so if she wants to go in full, or at least mostly full, then healing herself with one more HP Potion would be necessary.

That, and there is still a little time to ask anymore questions or do any last minute preparations before the battle begins.

---

As Ama-Rei did whatever preparations he needed to do, Yozakura simply trailed behind, not bothering with anything in particular. At her current HP levels, and considering her completely useless armor, there was simply no point in drinking another HP pot. She had seen how much damage the Station Bosses could deal, and she was confident that the difference of 40 or so HP simply didn't matter.

If she was hit twice, she was going to be down either way. But if she was hit only once, she would be able to survive long enough to take a potion and back off.

Simple, really.

~

As they progressed through the station gate, which had a lack of turnstiles and ticket stalls, they would come upon the station platform. A long, one-sided, rectangular platform. The Domain Range itself is most likely the entire Platform, as that is how the Station Camps work, although the Flag Pole itself still had a range, which would be extended via Domain Range upgrades.

Over the track though there are three platforms, most likely additions made by Arcadia, and the station platform seems a bit larger than normal. On the center of the three bridges over the track is the flag pole, and each bridge is about fifteen yards wide and twenty yards long.

Just like the Northern Station Camp, the entire platform itself is about fifty yards long and, with the inclusion of the bridges jutting over the tracks, fifty yards long. Each of the three bridges is about fifteen yards apart. Jumping between them would be impossible, and climbing on the Shinkansen track below doesn't seem like much of a good idea in a fight.

And speaking of fight. Right as the two climb up the station gates, a shimmering wall appears right behind them, effectively trapping the two within.

And just as Yozakura predicted, a monster different than the Orc Captain appears five yards in front of the Flag Pole. This makes it located twenty yards away from the two heroes.

Its short, about four feet tall. The size of a Gremlin. While the middle of its chest is exposed, the rest of its body is covered in thick, metal armor, with spiked guards on its forearms most likely meant for blocking attacks. Dried out, wavy white hair covers the creature's head. Hanging from its belt is a pouch and a key.

The Key, most likely, is the Camp Erasure Key like the other Station Boss had. They look the same. By putting the Key into a Purchase Chest, that Camp is permanently erased, but an item of that Rank of the Purchase Chest is received. Team Peacock is still hanging onto it, waiting until they can upgrade another Camp to a higher Rank to get a more powerful Item to benefit the whole Team.

In its hand is a flask that is letting out a plume of eldritch smoke, the blue liquid in it bubbling. It holds no other weapons except for those claws on its fingers.

Reference

Level 20, Gremlin Battle Brewer, huh. Rei is already preparing though, quickly casting his own Spells after stepping forward seven yards quickly, a Jiang Shi appearing not but four yards in front of the Gremlin.

And of course, Rei quickly casts Limb Empowerment as well. A bit of blue static can be seen around one of Rei's gauntleted fingers, before in a bright flash of energy, blue and white energy forms around Rei's limbs.

The Jiang Shi that appeared in front of the creature opens its mouth now as it appears, sending that blast of smoke right towards the creature. The smoke impacts, making the Gremlin cough out.

Right as the Flag Pole launches what appears to be a spinning javeline of magic at the Jiang Shi. Which seems to miss horribly, nearly hitting the Gremlin in the process.

Unfortunately that is all that happens, and the Gremlin just smirks now, letting out a laugh as first it chugs the contents of the flask in its hands. Suddenly the creature's body creaks, snaps, and begins to swell. In a loud cry, it grows an entire foot taller, its muscles seeming to swell with power now as a blue energy forms around its fists.

It then chants in some dark, guttural tone before a blast of flame shoots from its hand and towards the Jiang Shi. And somehow the creature is able to hop right out of the way of the blast and right towards the Gremlin in a sudden burst of strength, arms going for its shoulders as its mouth opens wide.

It clamps onto the creature, before chomping down its teeth right into its shoulder. The Gremlin lets out a shriek as the teeth bite in, the flame like grey smoke coming from its mouth flowing into the wound. Unfortunately nothing comes of that, this creature having some incredible vitality, but for now because of the Jiang Shi's surprising display of Agility, the creature is trapped momentarily.

This is the most effective Jiang Shi i've summoned.

Will Yozakura do anything, or simply leave this to Rei. Right now though... this battle seems almost... too easy.

---

The battle was now starting in earnest, Rei preparing while his Jiang Shi rushed up and took a Station Boss head on. Sure, the Gremlin wasn't as physically impressive as the Orc Captain, but it was still an impressive feat in its own right. Nodding to herself, Yozakura simply sprinted forwards, bringing herself closer to the Gremlin. She wasn't close enough to really do anything, and that was fine.

A strong opener meant nothing against a boss.
~

"Stay back just in case, or things will get too crowded". Rei calls this forward to Yozakura as she sprints forward. Rei suddenly lunges forward, explosive power moving through their legs. Needless to say, Rei makes the fifteen yards very quickly as he moves right past the Rogue with very impressive speed, covering that fifteen yards between him and the Gremlin very quickly.

And once it is covered, he lets off a powerful punch right towards its side. Needless to say, the magically charged punch easily slams right into the creature's side as it is momentarily pinned by the strong arms of the Jiang-Shi that is biting into its shoulder.

A powerful bang can be heard as metal and energy make contact with flesh. A loud, angered shriek comes from the Gremlin as the fist connects. Rei doesn't stop there though. But does something a little different instead of continuing to wail on the creature.

"Essence Arrow!" Is what he chants as he quickly winds backwards for another strike. His finger glows again with that bit of blue static, and suddenly the energy surrounding his fists has expanded, becoming more like swirling points as Rei lets his first charged punch towards the creature.

Rei immediately follows up that first charged punch with a quick, strike from his other fist. This strike doesn't sound as powerful as the other one, but the Gremlin definitely appears in heavy amounts of pain from all of these loud, powerful strikes. It is clear that Rei is pulling out all of the stops right from the get-go.

If any of those punches were to hit Yozakura... she would definitely be down after maybe two of them. It is a good thing Rei is currently on her side... somewhat. As he appears to be making quick work of what is supposed to be a powerful station boss.

Well... the fight's not over yet. But still.

In fact, the Gremlin attempts to break free from the Jiang Shi's grasp. Unfortunately its first attempt is unsuccessful, but with its second attempt it not only manages to break free, but move backwards with its speed, moving back five more yards to put it right behind the flagpole, which it grasps.

Mana moves from the creature and into the pole, a green light forming around the creature. Most likely it having just healed its own wounds now.

---

Yozakura would once again move forward another ten yards, getting herself five yards away from the Gremlin Battle Brewer. An interesting enemy in Rei's opinion.

But Rei isn't going to give it a chance to attack. But I can't be super reckless either.

He may have been doling out the hurt, but part of the hurt he has been doling out as cost him some Health. So he decides to employ the one other Skill he hasn't shown Yozakura yet, mainly because he had no reason to use it.

"Essence Healing 100!" A blue light washes over Rei's body as he chants this Spell, before going inward as a green light now washes over Rei. With that done, Rei quickly charges forward once again, moving with great speed towards the enemy a mere five yards away, which is a few swift steps for Rei.

Another punch gets the creature right in the stomach. But Rei doesn't stop there. Now that he is right atop of the Gremlin once again, he puts more power into the next strike via Fa Jin. A solid blow right to the sternum makes the creature reel back, cursing and gnashing its teeth, but before it can act the Jian-Shi hops forward, attempting to grab the creature and bite once again.

And it does so, perhaps because the creature is still reeling from Rei's powerful attack. It grabs right on and bites right into a vital area of the neck, smoke pouring into the wound as the Gremlin screams out in pain. While the bite itself doesn't do too much damage, it is the deathly, demonic powers of the beast that seem the most effective.

Unfortunately this creature's prime vitality still shows, but enough of that smoke is poured in there on the deeper than usual bite to still make the creature cough out black smoke in pain. Furthermore it is now grabbed again.

In reality... it doesn't seem like there is much place for Yozakura in this fight.

Well... maybe.

The creature does attempt to break free once again. And succeeds with relative ease, pushing away as it chants guttural words. Suddenly flames ignite around its fists in a flash of blue static, and while they seem weak, with the glowing of the Flag Pole suddenly the flames spark to full flare in a huge oscillation of static.

The creature then lunges forward now, slamming its fists right towards the Jian-Shi first.

The fiery punch has a devastating effect on the Zombie, especially with the flame magic surrounding it, as a large amount of essence is ousted from the living corpse with that one attack. The second one, now that the Gremlin is atop of the Jiang-Shi, is even more devastating, and a huge amount of grey, lifeless energy is ousted.

The creature's body is glowing green during this flurry though, probably needing to put in a lot of energy to execute this full, flurry of attacks. While this third attack isn't as accurate, it doesn't change the fact that the fist is covered in flame. This, and the heavy, grazing blow is enough to throw the Jiang-Shi back, the creature letting out a loud groan before being ousted from this world entirely, vanishing in a cold, grey, flame like mist.

They were down a Zombie now. Yozakura could choose to move in, or she could stay back. Those fiery fists seem like serious business as they took down the Jiang-Shi in just one three hit combo, the boss seeming to finally get in some pain dealing now.

15 Seconds since the battle's beginning. 10 Seconds since both combatants activated their special abilities.

---

So a passive healing spell and then an active one? Made sense.

As the Jiang Shi was blown away by a sudden transformation and torrent of arcane blows, Yozakura moved in. Appearing from the shadow of the splattered zombie, the blue-haired girl dashed in, tired of waiting around and doing nothing. She had seen enough, and, all things considered, was just terribly...bored. Rei may have been doing fine, but it was beginning to become clear that she had seen most of what he had to offer.

The Gremlin Battle Brewer had transformed. The flagpole had already acted, using its magical abilities to heal it instead. Rei was already in melee range, no doubt doing tons of damage and drawing tons of aggro.

So now, she could act.

An arcane fist sparked past her as she slipped past its defenses, turning around to its exposed back before unleashing a flurry of claw strikes. Four of them bit in viciously, each dragging into the thick skin of the beast, but the fifth and final blow was evaded.

She had 50 HP left.

"Hey there, big guy. Spend time attacking me and you'll regret exposing your back, you know?"
~

"Like its going to get a chance though~" speaks Rei with a smirk as he thrusts a fist for the central core of the beast. A powerful strike hits, and Rei quickly follows up with a second one.

It lets out a loud cry as a snap can be heard as fist contacts the flesh of the creature's face. The energy surrounding Rei's hand adds extra force as he plants one foot, before pushing forward fully, fire blazing in those purple and azure eyes of his, that flame showing on his fists.

"DIE!"

The punch goes through, knocking the creature face first into the ground as Rei finishes the full forward thrust of his fist.

In a large plume of black smoke the beast vanishes, a treasure chest appearing in its place, which Rei swiftly picks up with a low dip. He would divide the loot in a moment, but for now he places his hand on the pole and shouts "CAPTURE!"

And unless Yozakura wants to contest this...

It would be their victory and the South Station would belong to Team JUSTICE!

---

"Congratulations," she said, clapping with her two steel claws, "Good work, Rei."

What a fucking disgusting monster. She wasn't sure what level he was at now, but just a difference in level shouldn't be able to explain all the damage he continuously pumped out. Kill a Station Boss by himself in less than half a minute? When these things were supposed to be akin to raid bosses?

Arcadia really did set up an impossible task, didn't he?

In the end, she wasn't able to confirm whether or not Rei had 'special skills', but she was able to confirm this: he was equal to a Station Boss. No doubt, he had less HP than one, but he made up for it with healing capabilities, damage output, and a shit-ton of versatility. As a player, it was unfair, but…

"Well, feel free to pay my bus fare. Or maybe you could even teleport me to your base camp as well."

...as a raid boss, he is just a glass cannon that made up for his lack of HP through defenses and healing.

Those six players fought him incorrectly. That much she could conclude.
~

Rei is panting softly after the fight is over.

It was no Crusher Zombie... but damn... it was pretty tough. Perhaps there is more merit to having a Grappler CC than I thought. I should invest more into my Summons.

Rei clenches his fists. This thing was a Raid Boss? Apparently.

My hard work... has been paying off. Slowly, but surely. Nearly three months of it... I may still have a long way to go, but damn it feels good, being able to do this.

Rei isn't in this to prove a point or to try and play hero... but just having the power. Proving that he could use it. It felt... good. He felt strong.

And it feels good.

Rei tilts his head now as he changes back to Set 1, liking the Monk Gi more as it is a bit more comfortable, plus his hands felt a bit more comfortable without the Gauntlets. "Bus fare?" Is that supposed to be a joke? Or did Arcadia employ transportation services.

---

"Bus fare indeed. Go to a bus stop, pay the fee, and you're transported to one of your camps."

~

Well she did help him greatly with that boss. 1/6th of the health... that is a lot. He just nods. "Sure, you did help a bit with that Flurry". He reaches into his inventory.

"Will 15 Gold cover it?"

Since she is at one of the Stations, it would. Since normally it would only take her to a Bus Stop near one of her camps, but from a Station they could go to any camp they owned.

It cost 20 Gold to go to any Camp they owned.

Rei has no intention of bring Yozakura back to his base. Not yet anyway. He still needs to get back himself.

Or bring the others here. This seems like a much better camp now that the Battle Brewerer is the Guardian.

---

Eh...she would have still liked a free teleport to Team Justice's base camp, but she had already wasted enough time as is. Shrugging and accepting the Gold Coins, Yozakura said, "I'll see you soon then. Maybe."

Or maybe Kijin would just set her up for grinding duty after all the time she wasted.

With a nod of her head, she paid the fare and left for Team Peacock's camp.
~
"Perhaps". Rei says back in return, nodding as the girl leaves.

"Time to message the others... we have a new Base Camp".

There is a flash of light surrounding her and a momentary whiteness, before she ends up before a man in a rather nice looking Blue Gi. There are three rings on his fingers, and hand wraps on them. He has soft, yet stern, features and a face with a small little bit of facial hair upon it that looks as if the razor didn't do its best, yet despite that there is an air of calmness and wisdom around this man.

His hair is long and blue, and his eyes are also a deep azure, like the endless sky above. "Welcome back Yozakura."

Shun, their Cleric, immediately begins to use his Healing Power on her to start getting her lost HP back, needing to use it three times before she is back up to full.

"So... it is time for the meeting with Team Justice soon. I assume you met Ama_Rei?"

There are a few others here, but there are three who aren't here. Most likely on grinding duty.

---

"Kijin," she said, bowing once.

"Team Praying Mantis, Team Bloodhound, and Team Eagle are finished. Followed him around and Ama-Rei also managed to almost single-handedly capture a Station camp."

Yozakura paused for a moment, letting the implications of that sink in.

~

Shun's eyes widen in awe as he hears this. And Kijin's eyebrows raise, his irses widening slightly as he looks clearly impressed. Also in awe.

"Sure we did it in under half a minute... but all nine of us simply had to gang up on the Orc Captain. How long did it take them?"

All of the five Peacocks there now are gathered around the meeting table, the bridges having had the holes between them filled. They had upgraded the camp so that the holes could be remade at will, as a way to trap enemies. It gave their camp more space though, including for a very nice meeting table that didn't cost too much. That and two tents, each capable of holding six people.

There is also a Workbench for crafting and 'Target Dummies' that give slight EXP bonuses to Skills for a while when you practice them. It looks like a proper military camp.

"What else did you find out about this Ama_Rei? Did you find out just what allows Ama to perform such impressive feats?" Kijin speaks once more, his calm voice silencing the rest as they all await Yozakura's response.

---

"Jumped in partway through because I saw an opportunity, but he did it in the same amount of time. And as for the reason behind it...he claimed to have ported a character from another game over...but it doesn't change the fact that he doesn't bleed, and that his class makes no sense from a design-standpoint."

Yozakura closed her eyes for a moment, before raising up one of her steel hands.

"One, he is capable of long range magical attacks. Essence Arrow. Two shots per incantation. Killed a level 18 Berserker with no problems at all."

"Two, he is capable of close range ki attacks. Tai Chi, apparently, and it's potent enough to work as a boss killing ability. Also dodges incredibly well. Probably better than Kurokage."

"Three, he is capable of both passive healing and active healing. Not sure about the numbers involved, but it's definitely better than Shun's healing, at least from a self-healing perspective."

"Four, he is capable of summoning a zombie, which is capable enough to grapple a melee-centric Station Boss and survive its concentrated attacks over the course of three turns."

"Five, he doesn't bleed. In a game where our bodies are programmed to bleed, his body doesn't. Almost like the monsters here, eh?"
~

All of them listen to each and every word. Martial Arts, Healing, Magic, Summoning... and he doesn't bleed? Well... bleeding is more of a cosmetic thing in this Closed Alpha Build and will most likely be removed (or so people have assumed, since its breaking the Virtual Protection Laws), but its still rather strange.

"Do you think this... Rei... is some kind of monster?" asks Shun.

"It would definitely make sense. The kind of strength to stand toe to toe with a Station Boss..." Ryuujin ponders this aloud, but seems to almost do so in slight admiration.

There is nervousness and admiration floating around as everyone is both impressed and shaken by what they have heard.

"Hmm, a challenge definitely worthy of our attention. Unexplainable things aside..." Kijin's voice shrouds the area in silence once again. "It definitely makes it all the more beneficial to get Ama_Rei on our side against Team Snake and Sparrow. And it also means we need to double our efforts towards battling monsters".

Kijin now looks towards Yozakura again.

"Did you build any rapport with him by any chance?"

~

Though she was patient enough to wait for them to finish, Yozakura simply continued by lifting up her other hand.

"Six, he can instantly switch between sets of equipment, which enables him to switch over to bladed weapons."

"Seven, he can draw out or store items from empty space instead of any sort of belt pouch."

"Eight, he knows nothing about the Games."

With that, her report was finished, and Yozakura shrugged. "I helped him out, but he would have managed without me. Doubt that really mattered, but he's willing to negotiate."

~

Kijin listens to the rest of what Yozakura has to say. It's not as impressive... but it's still more. If this Rei knew nothing about the Games, then it also helped support the theory that he is either some form of Monster or from a different Game.

And of course, the last piece of news is the best: That Rei is willing to negotiate an allegiance. As is the rest of Team JUSTICE of course.

"Its settled then. We will give things an hour to settle, grind a bit more, and then we will head on over there to begin negotiations. We need to start planning our attack on the Snakes as soon as possible... a JUSTICE will be the our best ally here".

Kijin stands from his seat now. "So for now... let us shatter a few of our baits and start some serious grinding over the next hour".

Everyone around the table nods, going to prepare to quickly get ready.

Kijin looks at Yozakura now. "You did good work. If this all goes well, we may reward you instead with the Station Key to acquire a powerful Item for your character. But for now... feel free to relax a bit, as you must be tired, but once you are ready, we all need to begin grinding a lot more".

With a slight, respectful bow to Yozakura, Kijin walks off to begin preparations for the next hour of training.

And Yozakura can begin her preparations for now as well, including getting her armor repaired and dropping off all of her gained gold.

---

Kamui had a laugh already, his partner was hitting on the girl they just met "You know this is why gamer dudes get a bad rap in mmos dude." He chuckles and shakes his head. Kamui knew what would happen now, grinding, yay time to get stronger. Apparently though the difference in baits and the difference in power of the monsters was eye opening to say the least. Kamui was shaking a little and had his hands on his knees breathing deeply. "Damn, that was really intense, that normal for you guys, we were definitely not fighting these guys by ourselves...I mean I guessed that once we joined another group or got more members ourselves it would be harder but that was a significant jump in difficulty here." He smiled despite the griping and leaned back looking at the others "But now we're all at a level where we can class change now. So what's everyone else going to take, I was thinking wind mage cause then I can be that inconvenient wind from all those different animes and shows and be like bam upskirt time..I'm of course kidding no it just seems like it'd be cool to have wind based powers. But I know we just got here so of course you guys..."

He hears Tian-Gui mention food and he touches his stomach... and looks at the man he nods "Food would be amazing, gotta keep these virtual bodies as well fed as my real one." He leans back stretching "You know I kinda like the difference I have between my character and myself IRL, it's a weird but cool change of pace. What got you guys into the toons you decided to build?"

Status
Not open for further replies.