Shi no Gēmu [Day 1, Post 5]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
So for shelter, I feel that we should stay here where we are. The clay provides an even space to build, and we could have a more permanent shelter due to Stelvas ability to scout ahead without moving

Alright- Arn's trying to make short rope (not using that much Reed, in an attempt to test around on how to make the rope)

Also: The Shelter should be constructed where we are, given what you stated earlier- the water nearby, possible game and lastly the materials that are around makes it easy to fortify and defend- although at nights, it'll have to be told along something else.

Alright- Arn's trying to make short rope (not using that much Reed, in an attempt to test around on how to make the rope)

Also: The Shelter should be constructed where we are, given what you stated earlier- the water nearby, possible game and lastly the materials that are around makes it easy to fortify and defend- although at nights, it'll have to be told along something else.
It turns out okay. It appears more effective than simple bark or grass binding, at least.

You could probably make it better if you tried again with more care.

You cannot do any more crafting actions this turn. (Though I'm literally writing up an IC post now.)

Day 1, Post 2
Starting Position

Area description: A large patch of thick, brown clay lays in the middle of this area - where you've all started. Long, strangely-shaped trees stretch from the ground, and a river flows gently towards the north in front of you. Yellow-green grass grows around the mud patch, and the terrain is bumpy and a little hard to navigate across. Strange plants grow in all sorts of places, with strange spirits briefly appearing once in a while. It's unclear where any direction - be it North, South, East or West - will lead, as trees block the view of the distance. You have no idea of the surrounding area, but you don't think you're near the coast.

If knowledge is 3 or higher - the position of the sun suggests it's roughly 11:00am.

+None of you require water, food, or sleep currently.

Stuff in this area
>Grass
>Leaves
>Water
>Pebbles
>Small Stones (from riverbed)
>Medium Stones (from riverbed)
>Various Twigs (from forest floor)
>Clay
>Tree Bark
>Sand
>Green Fernlike Plants (Mundane)
>Red Reedlike Plants (Strong)
>Red Leafy Plants (Mundane)
>Huge Red Flower (V.Likely Poisonous)
>Small Pile of Animal Droppings (4+ accuracy needed to spot)
>Soft Wood (strong cutting tool required)
>A Small Fallen Tree (strong cutting tool required to gather logs)

Stockpiled Resources
>Some lengths of woven innerbark cordage
>Some lengths of woven redreed cordage (poor)
>6 Red Mushrooms (Likely Edible)
>Spare pair of crude bark bracers
>A decent amount of firewood (sticks/twigs)
>3 Long, Sturdy Sticks

-----------------------------------------

Northward (Occupied by Falkare)
Stuff in this area
>Grass
>Leaves
>Small Rough Stones
>Various Twigs (from forest floor)
>Tree Bark
>Unknown hivelike twig structure

>Dying unknown small creature
>Green Fernlike Plants (Mundane)
>Unknown Blue Large-Leafed Plants
>3 Red Mushrooms (Likely Edible)
>Red Leafy Plants (Mundane)
>A Couple of Huge Red Flowers (V.Likely Poisonous)

>A small pool of unknown small creature blood
>Soft Wood (strong cutting tool required)
>Hard Wood (strong cutting tool/4+ strength required)

Last edited by a moderator:
Triple-posting because...

I'm a baaaad man and I don't mean to brag,
but I walked into Tesco's with a Sainsbury's bag.

Uh... anyway. I might've missed something on the stockpiled resources list like a fool - if I did, please inform me.

The difference between 'stuff' and 'stockpiled resources' should be pretty clear. Don't imagine stockpiled resources to be in one, huge pile of random stuff (unless you want it like that.) Stockpiled resources is basically stuff you guys have collected without leaving it littered in random places on the floor or up a tree.

As you can see demonstrated by our lovely lone hunter Falkare, exploring new places can allow you to discover new resources and things! Obvious, I know, but ughhh. Still gotta explain this stuff. I know I say it every day of my pathetic existence, but please ask questions if you're confused/uncomfortable about something.

Hope you're all enjoying the RP so far. Enjoy the wonderful fantasy-forest ambience! It's a once-in-a-lifetime vacation, after all.

@Valeric - Scouting the larger pool of clay closer reveals a few things. Firstly, for some reason or another, a part of the clay pit seems to emit a thick, gloopy bubble every 10 seconds or so. There's a few more of the mushrooms around here. This area is more flat, and seems to contain a less dense area of trees.

To the other two who haven't posted yet: I can understand if you're busy, but I'll have to give a similar treatment as Lilith's: failure to post by the 4th IC post will mean your character dies/is controlled by me/is replaced. Don't fret though. There's still plenty of time if you just had a stressful point in your life and it's over now.[/hr]

Many thanks to Jakers for keeping us updated. Definitely enjoying this RP so far, and interested to see how everything unravels! :) @ Arn and Reanimator Bob (and any interested parties): I'd be willing to discuss building the camp in detail, though my character will be unavailable until his conversation with Delvenia is finished. However, that doesn't mean figuring things out beforehand isn't possible. I assume first thing's first, finding the best place to build the shelter. As the clay seems treacherous, I would suggest finding a more suitable area in the grass perhaps, maybe near the trees for natural shade. Gideon could help construct a roof and/or walls with someone, or he could assist in building a fire pit nearby, maybe using the clay to build up some sort of short circular walls to contain the wood and flames. Any thoughts? :D

Fear not, it will become clear within a few posts. xD Needless to say, though, we're not going to want to build anything on it, which is why I suggested finding a different, hopefully level area. Or as level as we can get out here, heh.

@ Jakers: This may have been mentioned somewhere and I just overlooked it, but will the characters be able to use their magic (if they have any) to complete tasks? I.E. Luther using his flame magic to start a fire instead of doing it the old fashioned way? And will there be any opportunities to "level up," like earning skill points for completing important tasks (like finding artifacts) or improving combat abilities, or will those things remain the same throughout? :)

@ Jakers: This may have been mentioned somewhere and I just overlooked it, but will the characters be able to use their magic (if they have any) to complete tasks? I.E. Luther using his flame magic to start a fire instead of doing it the old fashioned way? And will there be any opportunities to "level up," like earning skill points for completing important tasks (like finding relics) or improving combat abilities, or will those things remain the same throughout? :)
Aye, magic/abilities can be used to do tasks with a little more ease out of combat. Though repeated usage of magic will exhaust the user - as does within combat.

Rest assured, killing things is not the only way to 'level up' and gain stat points. Anything considered a great achievement will grant you experience, such as climbing a huge cliff face to grab the artefact that hangs by a mere string - or felling the tallest of trees to build yourself a fort to be remembered!

Though 'grinding' most certainly isn't allowed. Which is basically doing the same thing over and over and again. (Such as repeatedly making like 100 fishing nets and expecting to level up from it.) It's a form of metagaming, though I wouldn't expect any of you to do that.

Even simple tasks will grant you a little XP, too, though nobody is close to levelling up just yet. Grabbing a whole stat point for yourself or upgrading a skill is quite a big deal~.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Aye, magic/abilities can be used to do tasks with a little more ease out of combat. Though repeated usage of magic will exhaust the user - as does within combat.

Rest assured, killing things is not the only way to 'level up' and gain stat points. Anything considered a great achievement will grant you experience, such as climbing a huge cliff face to grab the artefact that hangs by a mere string - or felling the tallest of trees to build yourself a fort to be remembered!

Though 'grinding' most certainly isn't allowed. Which is basically doing the same thing over and over and again. (Such as repeatedly making like 100 fishing nets and expecting to level up from it.) It's a form of metagaming, though I wouldn't expect any of you to do that.

Even simple tasks will grant you a little XP, too, though nobody is close to levelling up just yet. Grabbing a whole stat point for yourself or upgrading a skill is quite a big deal~.
Awesome! Sounds like a lot of fun and something to look forward to. I'm both super excited and dreading to see what snagging the first artifact entails. Good luck everyone. ;)

I'm so sorry everyone! A whole bunch of stuff just suddenly came out of nowhere and I had to take care of it. I'm still interested and I'll try my best to post asap!

• Thank You
I'm so sorry everyone! A whole bunch of stuff just suddenly came out of nowhere and I had to take care of it. I'm still interested and I'll try my best to post asap!

A warm welcome back!

Fear not, you haven't missed out too much. It's a relief that Lilith will awaken; I didn't want to have to perform a triple kill on the 4th IC post. X)

If you ever need anything explained or recapped to you, please give me a PM, or ask me and/or our lovely players in the OOC.

It must be pretty confusing coming back to all this, but hopefully you'll get back into the rhythm of things.

Welcome back! :)

Um, I'm still a little bit confused with using magic to do tasks. Is it like I can chop woods using magic? And can I use elemental magic though it's not in my skill list? I mean a mage usually can do simple elemental magic, like casting small fire or lightning, but need more experiences to cast thunderstorm or massive explosion. If I can only do magic that listed in my skill... Delevenia could be pretty useless unless in battle :') @Jakers

Um, I'm still a little bit confused with using magic to do tasks. Is it like I can chop woods using magic? And can I use elemental magic though it's not in my skill list? I mean a mage usually can do simple elemental magic, like casting small fire or lightning, but need more experiences to cast thunderstorm or massive explosion. If I can only do magic that listed in my skill... Delevenia could be pretty useless unless in battle :') @Jakers
Hi, Azula. I'm assuming it is limited to the kind of magic listed in our abilities but I could be wrong. It's a good question. Will you be posting tonight? If not, no worries, I'm patient. :)

Hi, Azula. I'm assuming it is limited to the kind of magic listed in our abilities but I could be wrong. It's a good question. Will you be posting tonight? If not, no worries, I'm patient. :)

I kinda think that way too... but yeah, Delvenia can't really do anything beside observing the environment which done better by Stelva... :'D but I will think of something if turns out that we can only do what listed in our skill.
And sorry! I will post tonight, but tonight in my local time which is about around 10 hours because I need to go with my mother today... So, yeah I can post around 8 p.m. >.<

• Thank You
@Azula - Yes, I'm afraid the abilities are the limit, unless it's stated otherwise in some sort of passive ability - you can't do little wizardy cantrips. I was saying that you're able to use your abilities out-of-combat for non-combat uses. For example, using Luther's supa hot fire to start a campfire and cook some marshmallows.

Don't feel that makes Delvenia unable to do anything out of combat, though. Her high knowledge gives her an aplitude for crafting, and she can still gather resources/explore like the others. ...That is, if the lovely lady is willing to get her hands dirty.

And also, if you thought you'd be able to do little cantrips by default if you chose high knowledge, then I'm sorry you got confused. I probably should've explained it a little better. If you feel like Delvenia should be able to do tiny wizard things, I can let you change your passive to let her do such things if you wish.

(Honestly, charisma won't come in too much use here anyway. Her speech is charismatic enough without a passive skill. X) )

I kinda think that way too... but yeah, Delvenia can't really do anything beside observing the environment which done better by Stelva... :'D but I will think of something if turns out that we can only do what listed in our skill.
And sorry! I will post tonight, but tonight in my local time which is about around 10 hours because I need to go with my mother today... So, yeah I can post around 8 p.m. >.<
Ah, I understand. Don't worry, I don't mind waiting. Looking forward to your reply. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.