Shi no Gēmu [Day 1, Post 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very sorry for not having posted yet. I have been down and out with the flu, so this is the first time I have been on in days. I will do my best to get a post up ASAP.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I am very sorry for not having posted yet. I have been down and out with the flu, so this is the first time I have been on in days. I will do my best to get a post up ASAP.
That's quite alright! So long as you tell me why you haven't posted or been inactive, it's absolutely fine. Especially considering you're ill - the flu really sucks, and I hope you get better soon.

That said, I will be putting up an IC post in roughly 6 hours, whether you've made a post or not. Don't worry if you missed the deadline, focus on getting some rest and getting better.

You won't be kicked from the RP or given a warning - I can put your character on autopilot if it's required, and you can control them once you're up to it.

Sorry I haven't posted like I said I would. My father is in the hospital. After class I'm going to put a post up.. that's roughly in a hour.

IC Post is up!

Good luck, Group 8. What do you from this point is up to you. Be it exploring, teaming up with others, going alone, or taking time to build a shelter. Night time approaches, and each direction of the island could hold a new secret... will you be the first to win?

Oh, and don't feel like you HAVE to do something like craft or explore this round. If you want to focus on talking to people and getting to know them better (and perhaps forge alliances), that's fine.

I should mention that you can say something like: 'Are there any twigs in the nearby area?' in the OOC, and I can answer that for you in the OOC. It saves time from someone waiting 4 days to see if they could find a rock. And remember, if you want to get straight to work at trying to craft something, tell me how you do it and what materials you use in the OOC, and I'll tell you if it was successful or not. Then you can post away accordingly.

I've tried to list all the nearby materials, but I might've missed something. If you think something would be nearby, ask if it is, and I'll tell you.

When it comes to stuff like talking between characters, you're more than welcome to make more than 1 IC post. Though, if two of you are going to have a long section of dialogue together, for example, I suggest working together on a titanpad. That isn't compulsory, though. Do things as you wish.

After the first IC post is made, the 4 day deadline will begin!

Below is a list of nearby materials, and any debuffs or buffs that affect your characters right now Expect it to come with each post from this point. If it all looks confusing to you, don't worry! It's all here to try and help you make a post. If you're unsure about something, ask me.

Day 1, Post 1
Current Area: Starting Position

Area description: A large patch of thick, brown clay lays in the middle of this area - where you've all started. Long, strangely-shaped trees stretch from the ground, and a river flows gently towards the north in front of you. Yellow-green grass grows around the mud patch, and the terrain is bumpy and a little hard to navigate across. Strange plants grow in all sorts of places, with strange spirits briefly appearing once in a while. It's unclear where any direction - be it North, South, East or West - will lead, as trees block the view of the distance. You have no idea of the surrounding area, but you don't think you're near the coast.

If knowledge is 3 or higher - the position of the sun suggests it's roughly 10:00am.

+None of you require water, food, or sleep currently.
-The clay sticks to everyone's legs, lowering Agility this turn.

Stuff in this area

>Grass
>Leaves
>Water
>Pebbles
>Small Stones (from riverbed)
>Medium Stones (from riverbed)
>Various Twigs (from forest floor)
>Clay
>Tree Bark
>Sand
>Unknown Green Fernlike Plants
>Unknown Red Mushroom (around 6 in total)
>Unknown Red Reedlike Plants
>Unknown Red Leafy Plants
>Unknown Huge Red Flower
>Small Pile of Animal Droppings (4+ accuracy needed to spot)
>Soft Wood (strong cutting tool required)
[/hr][/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright- Arn's attempting to craft crude Bracers- using bendable twigs and Tree Bark.

Alright- Arn's attempting to craft crude Bracers- using bendable twigs and Tree Bark.

After a few tries, Arn succeeds!

Though the bracers are somewhat cumbersome to wear and feel insecure and flimsy, they could probably block a minor attack or two if used correctly.

They'll slightly increase defence when worn, but break quite easily.

Hey, mind if I mention a catering that will happen once I post right now?

If so

Luther used a large sheet of bark, the reeds and twigs(as binding) to make a crude shield

Hey, mind if I mention a catering that will happen once I post right now?

If so

Luther used a large sheet of bark, the reeds and twigs(as binding) to make a crude shield

Luther makes an attempt, and succeeds... though the result is very crude.

Although it's light and could probably deflect an attack, the makeshift shield is uncomfortable to hold and use properly, and he'll only have one hand free whilst using it. It will break very easily.

Can I use knowledge to discern the properties of the available flora?

Can I use knowledge to discern the properties of the available flora?
You can indeed, though you can never be fully sure until you sample the flora when it comes to eating them. Your high knowledge helps find quite a few properties, though.

>Judging by the smell and shape of the mushroom, you're around pretty sure it's edible. Cooking it would make it mush safer to eat.
>The red leafy plants seem to have no remarkable qualities about them.
>The green fernlike plants seem to have no remarkable qualities about them.
>The red, reed-like plants are surprisingly sturdy. They could make for a good binding, but need a cutting tool to work with.
>The huge red flower has a strong waft of bitter almonds and peaches coming from it. It's probably very poisonous.

Katsuko is also crafting Bracers, through the use of tree bark and bendable twigs. Is she successful?

Katsuko is also crafting Bracers, through the use of tree bark and bendable twigs. Is she successful?
Yep, Katsuko succeeds!

Watching Arn craft the bracers helps her create them; she gets a similar result to Arn.

Gideon is attempting to make lengths of natural cordage by stripping the inner bark of a nearby tree and using a twisting/wrap method to greatly increase its tensile strength. Success or failure?

Gideon is attempting to make lengths of natural cordage by stripping the inner bark of a nearby tree and using a twisting/wrap method to greatly increase its tensile strength. Success or failure?
Success!

This should help create more secure and durable items, though it's still somewhat crude.

Alright- Arn is working on an improved version of the original bracers: making the twigs more flexible and not as stern when it comes to grip- and more fresh bark from a tree. But in general: Bracers from bark.

Alright- Arn is working on an improved version of the original bracers: making the twigs more flexible and not as stern when it comes to grip- and more fresh bark from a tree. But in general: Bracers from bark.
Arn succeeds!

These ones are a little more comfortable to wear, and probably won't break as easily. They're still not great, but it's something.

@West
@Jakers

@And everyone else who wants to do a large amount of crafting and introducing

While I can not join in effectively until a little after an hour from now, I suggest we do a colab right now as we build shelter

Sure, that'd be a smart move. Way I see it: We'll need someone to A: Do the Flooring, B: Do some form of Fire-pit, C: Do walls (optional, could be replaced with a guard for the fire-pit) and lastly D: something over our heads. So we'll most likely require atleast three people in order to cut down on the amount of turns needed to construct it.

By the way- how does time pass? Does it go by with each turn (4 days limit) or does it just float by?

Status
Not open for further replies.