Shi no Gēmu [Day 1, Post 5]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after thinking more, the bricks would help make a decent forge.

That sounds like a good idea. We'll definitely need that if/when we find workable material for armor/weapons. As for the shelter flooring, maybe we could find a good spot and kind of dig a square base (wouldn't need to be horribly deep) and then just sort of fill it up with clay and grass (I think the grass would help with binding/insulation) and mix it around, then try to use lengths of wood to sort of smooth it out. Like concrete? We may need water to help mix it up though. Maybe not. :/ Hmm...

:jackolantern: I bid you all a Happy Halloween! Hope you stuff your faces so full of candy your cheeks explode, and watch out for flying egg projectiles. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Azula
Happy Halloween! ^^

Its november 1st for me sooo...

0253.gif

I might not have a post up till like much later this week(Though after that my schedule will clear up considerably) HOWEVER! During this turn, I will likely have Luther do nothing more than chop down trees, unless anyone has a better idea

It doesn't seem reasonable to construct anything substantial in one day, so just a simple tent should do. Logically our first goal should be food, water and safety. The river should be an adequate source of water, and we could ask Luther to boil it in case Jakers wants to kill us with bacteria or parasites. There are mushrooms for food, but it's not enough for all of us. In character, no one knows that Falkare is hunting. As for safety, we probably need more lookouts, though I may just be paranoid.

Out of character, I would say we shouldn't grow too attached to a single spot: it'll make the plot progress much slower.

Out of character, I would say we shouldn't grow too attached to a single spot: it'll make the plot progress much slower.

That depends on how large the island is. If it's a small enough island that we could walk it's circumference within two days, living nomadically seems unnecessarily troublesome. And the place we are in currently is safe so far. Mayhaps it's one of the few safe places in the isla...

LET'S GET MOVING!

@Jakers Since I scouted last post, may I have the results for the second clay patch?
Put that in a couple pages back; I'll repost it for ya'.
@Valeric - Scouting the larger pool of clay closer reveals a few things. Firstly, for some reason or another, a part of the clay pit seems to emit a thick, gloopy bubble every 10 seconds or so. There's a few more of the mushrooms around here. This area is more flat, and seems to contain a less dense area of trees.

@Azula - The spirits seem to be mildly interested in your voice for a moment, shyly looking from behind trees and bushes, before whizzing off in a twinkle of light.

Watching them like this makes you realise that all the spirit-like entities seem to be going South, though you're not sure which direction exactly. South is the roughest estimate you can gather.

Overall though, they don't seem to be very interested in you...[/hr]

Hello all! I am finally free of my dreaded sickness, and shall be making my post today after I read up. Also, I finally got Hei's backstory up, though I will be the first to admit that it is not my best. Let me know if any changes/elaborations need to be made.

Reactions: Jakers
Im gonna try to get a post up today, though no promises. But it's not going to be much more than Luther trying to get logs. I'm really busy this week, but my schedule will be much clearer soon

Actually, lets ask you all, what luther should do

Well ultimately it's up to you, but if they are going to be building a shelter soon the extra wood will prove really useful. :)

Making fire? Your wood will be very useful though if you keep on chopping. We might don't need food now, but just in case~

@Jakers I am officially not posting this turn. This week is gonna be killer. I have time to be one and keep up, but not enough to dedicate a post for this RP

@Jakers I am officially not posting this turn. This week is gonna be killer. I have time to be one and keep up, but not enough to dedicate a post for this RP
That's quite alright, take the time you need to get some hard work done. I'll just have Luther chop that wood like it's the West Fraser Timber Co.

Hello all! I am finally free of my dreaded sickness, and shall be making my post today after I read up. Also, I finally got Hei's backstory up, though I will be the first to admit that it is not my best. Let me know if any changes/elaborations need to be made.
A warm welcome back! Glad to have our meditating martial artist back on board; great to hear that you're better~.

IC post comes tomorrow! Remember to ask me for craftingstuffs/resultsofstuffs if you'd like me to before we press on. Rest assured, things will happen as the RP progresses... for now though, it seems the producers are giving you a nice bit of time to relax.

If Alex doesn't post after the deadline of the next IC turn, Ashen (#6) will be replaced by a female character controlled by me.

As nobody's described Ashen's looks apart from her being female, I can get away with it without seeming like a new person suddenly poofed in the place of Ashen. My character will not be overpowered, or get bonus stat points compared to others, or be the Group 6 Serial Killer Mk. 2, or annoyingly steal everything from anyone.

You're not out yet though, Alex, so don't panic if you suddenly get back from whatever and see this message.

Good thing some people are able to see her sinking, and someone pulled her out of the clay, hmm? Otherwise there'd be no replacement...[/hr]

That's quite alright, take the time you need to get some hard work done. I'll just have Luther chop that wood like it's the West Fraser Timber Co.

A warm welcome back! Glad to have our meditating martial artist back on board; great to hear that you're better~.

IC post comes tomorrow! Remember to ask me for craftingstuffs/resultsofstuffs if you'd like me to before we press on. Rest assured, things will happen as the RP progresses... for now though, it seems the producers are giving you a nice bit of time to relax.

If Alex doesn't post after the deadline of the next IC turn, Ashen (#6) will be replaced by a female character controlled by me.

As nobody's described Ashen's looks apart from her being female, I can get away with it without seeming like a new person suddenly poofed in the place of Ashen. My character will not be overpowered, or get bonus stat points compared to others, or be the Group 6 Serial Killer Mk. 2, or annoyingly steal everything from anyone.

You're not out yet though, Alex, so don't panic if you suddenly get back from whatever and see this message.

Good thing some people are able to see her sinking, and someone pulled her out of the clay, hmm? Otherwise there'd be no replacement...[/hr]
Indeed. Having one of the eleven slowly sink into the clay until she was swallowed up and suffocated without anyone noticing would not bode well for the outcome of this 'season' of Shi No Gemu. People would probably be highly disappointed.

Or delighted to see the contestants' horror at their failure. People are sick . . . :lol:

Welp Falkare is absolved of responsibility on account of not being around, yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.