Shi no Gēmu [Day 1, Post 5]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how Luther is the example for out of combat magic

@Azula - Yes, I'm afraid the abilities are the limit, unless it's stated otherwise in some sort of passive ability - you can't do little wizardy cantrips. I was saying that you're able to use your abilities out-of-combat for non-combat uses. For example, using Luther's supa hot fire to start a campfire and cook some marshmallows.

Don't feel that makes Delvenia unable to do anything out of combat, though. Her high knowledge gives her an aplitude for crafting, and she can still gather resources/explore like the others. ...That is, if the lovely lady is willing to get her hands dirty.

And also, if you thought you'd be able to do little cantrips by default if you chose high knowledge, then I'm sorry you got confused. I probably should've explained it a little better. If you feel like Delvenia should be able to do tiny wizard things, I can let you change your passive to let her do such things if you wish.

(Honestly, charisma won't come in too much use here anyway. Her speech is charismatic enough without a passive skill. X) )
Oh, that reminds me. If one of our abilities has some sort of negative effect (i.e. sacrificing health), will that still apply outside of combat?

I kinda think that way too... but yeah, Delvenia can't really do anything beside observing the environment which done better by Stelva... :'D but I will think of something if turns out that we can only do what listed in our skill.
And sorry! I will post tonight, but tonight in my local time which is about around 10 hours because I need to go with my mother today... So, yeah I can post around 8 p.m. >.<
And hey, her needles rain could potentially help with hunting game, or fallen skies could be a nifty way to create a barricade/wall, or dam? :)

Reactions: Azula
Oh, that reminds me. If one of our abilities has some sort of negative effect (i.e. sacrificing health), will that still apply outside of combat?

Yeah, though time flows pretty fast outside of combat. If you're nice and well fed, you'll regenerate the HP pretty fast unless you inflicted a huge wound upon yourself.

Other debuffs don't last very long, too, so you shouldn't worry much about those at all unless they're really severe debuffs.

@Jakers I see, thank you for clearing that up! I will think of something to make her do something while still true to her character and I won't change her passive skill ^^

And hey, her needles rain could potentially help with hunting game, or fallen skies could be a nifty way to create a barricade/wall, or dam? :)

That's a good idea! Maybe I'm just having a writer's block, so my creativity doesn't flow like it should ^^ and thank you for being patient!

Yeah, though time flows pretty fast outside of combat. If you're nice and well fed, you'll regenerate the HP pretty fast unless you inflicted a huge wound upon yourself.

Other debuffs don't last very long, too, so you shouldn't worry much about those at all unless they're really severe debuffs.
Okay, sounds good. Thank you very much for all the responses today. Much appreciated. :)

Reactions: Jakers
@Jakers I see, thank you for clearing that up! I will think of something to make her do something while still true to her character and I won't change her passive skill ^^

That's a good idea! Maybe I'm just having a writer's block, so my creativity doesn't flow like it should ^^ and thank you for being patient!
I hear you. I get a good case of Writer's Block at least once a week. XD And you are very welcome. :D

Reactions: Azula

(Sorry for blabbing so much today, ahah!) ...I have another question. I've been wondering about Gideon's second ability (the spelled arrow/dark sigil.) If (when?) he runs out of arrows, and for some reason can't craft more, either because he failed at it or circumstances prevent it, would that make his ability essentially unusable because of how it works mechanically? If so, would it be possible to adapt this so that the arrows for this ability are created with his magic, or to change the description a bit so that instead of a spelled arrow it's something else, such as a cursed rune or magical projectile of some sort?

(Sorry for blabbing so much today, ahah!) ...I have another question. I've been wondering about Gideon's second ability (the spelled arrow/dark sigil.) If (when?) he runs out of arrows, and for some reason can't craft more, either because he failed at it or circumstances prevent it, would that make his ability essentially unusable because of how it works mechanically? If so, would it be possible to adapt this so that the arrows for this ability are created with his magic, or to change the description a bit so that instead of a spelled arrow it's something else, such as a cursed rune or magical projectile of some sort?

For the moment, no arrows = no dark sigil. Though it's really unlikely he'll ever run out of arrows - the materials available allow an easy supply of fire-hardened arrows or something like that. It's quite a powerful
combo ability, so it needs a bit of a requirement, at least. In this case, an arrow.

Something like a throwing knife could probably plant the sigil too - or some sort of crude pointed thing. Not being able to plant the sigil will be very rare, and I assure you there's no arrow-stealing fairies that'll ruin Gideon's combo.

You could upgrade the sigil to fire magical arrows instead of just enchanting regular arrows when Gideon levels up, if you wish. The magical arrows would probably get a damage buff or something, too.

For the moment, no arrows = no dark sigil. Though it's really unlikely he'll ever run out of arrows - the materials available allow an easy supply of fire-hardened arrows or something like that. It's quite a powerful
combo ability, so it needs a bit of a requirement, at least. In this case, an arrow.

Something like a throwing knife could probably plant the sigil too - or some sort of crude pointed thing. Not being able to plant the sigil will be very rare, and I assure you there's no arrow-stealing fairies that'll ruin Gideon's combo.

You could upgrade the sigil to fire magical arrows instead of just enchanting regular arrows when Gideon levels up, if you wish. The magical arrows would probably get a damage buff or something, too.
I thought as much in regards to the requirements, so it's nice to have that cleared up. And I was hoping for an upgrade to that ability for that very reason. Sounds fair, and will be something to look forward to in the future, thank you!

Boy, you guys certainly expect a lot from him
It'd be a good excuse to keep an eye on Gideon's strange arse, eh? *snickers* If he gets caught spying, he can just be like, "...I made you some arrows. No need to thank me." Nice way to keep his cover. ;)

Forgot to tell you guys, but I put up my post. I hope it's okay...

The post's great, especially considering you missed a lot of stuff. I'm sure you'll fit right back in with Lilith.

You feel a warm feeling after dragging the two out.

As usual, IC post will arrive in 4 days.

I suggest we actually aim for a brick able abode at some point. The when cooked might be able to make some fair bricks. I think I'll actually start working on that if everyone else thinks so. Okay, a whole building of brick is a bit much, but having a few bricks for building isn't bad

That's a good idea actually, but I don't know how long will it take? And since we're gonna move from time to time, I don't think we need to make too much effort for our temporary shelter. I mean as long as it protects us from sun and rain, it will be enough?

Given that projects are said to take somewhere between one to three turns (roughly 12 days) if it's made singel handedly by one individual, versus one turn when it's made by three individuals (GM's word if I remember correctly, correct me if I'm wrong). So really, if 3 of us work together on it (for example, one of us makes the bricks, the other one heats up the bricks to let them harden up faster, and the third one starts to place them up and about) we'll cut down the time to four days as oppose to twelve OOC days. Of course- we shouldn't make them like normal bricks if we're gonna lay on them (which we will have to, otherwise the coldness from the ground will cause us to shiver/lose body heat, and possibly die from hypothermia in our sleep) otherwise we'll all have one cranky night sleeping- followed by everyone bickering at each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.