Shi no Gēmu [Day 1, Post 5]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though Fallout 4 comes out on Tuesday, I'll do my best to pry myself away from it and whack up an IC post nonetheless.
Funny, I was going to say the same thing! . . . I mean *ahem* what the heck is Fallout 4? *is smote by a horde of death claws*

*respawns* Oh, also, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still around. I'm waiting for @Valeric to respond to my character interaction, though if he/she doesn't post soon, I may need to move on and have Gideon start working with someone on the shelter construction. :)

Is it alright to attempt to craft two things at the same time- for example, crafting a firepit for a project, and then crafting something to go along with it- but can be used somewhere else?

@Jakers

Attempt to make rope from reeds.
She makes a decent amount successfully. Watching Arn and following his advice helped quite a bit; a length of redreed rope is added to the stockpile.

Is it alright to attempt to craft two things at the same time- for example, crafting a firepit for a project, and then crafting something to go along with it- but can be used somewhere else?
It kinda depends on the circumstances - mostly as to what the 'something to go along with it' is. But if it's just a normal sized firepit, then sure, you could probably get away with doing that.

If you got somebody to help you with the firepit, you'd probably have more time to make other stuff - or you could make a nice and large firepit with a few others.

Arn's attempting to craft a firepit- belonging to his project build a damn camp.

Luther ain't got not time to build a fire! If the rain were any harder, I'd just have collected that instead. I did consider making a fire, but

A) It's raining and that would be difficult

B) I had no time to really plan cause I needed to get a post up.

But ultimately, yeah a fire would be nice. He'll light one soon. Just give him a turn to drink his water that he worked super hard for. Seriously shoulda just drank straight from the river.

Of course, Luther did cut up the trees to the point where he even suffered a penalty- Arn's just trying to make sure the work train's still going at full velocity for the next few days.

I will post hopefully tonight! Sorry been busy for these several days >.<

@Jakers Sorry I wont be able to post this round from both being sick and I have a bunch of work to get done as well, so no fun for me.

Don't know whether someone already asked this or not... I might skip one or two things. Is there any fish in the river? @Jakers

Arn's attempting to craft a firepit- belonging to his project build a damn camp.
It's a success! What Arn's done even looks pretty nice, too. Nothing like a nice firepit to make a camp a camp.

As for the shelter itself, if you want to do it as a big project with others helping you, tell me the materials you're going to use in the shelter/the style of the shelter and post it in the OOC when everyone's ready for Operation: Hut. We could even timeskip if everyone's on board for building a shelter, getting rid of the need to wait for a turn to pass for a simple shelter to be built.

@Jakers Sorry I wont be able to post this round from both being sick and I have a bunch of work to get done as well, so no fun for me.
No problem; hope you get better~.

Don't know whether someone already asked this or not... I might skip one or two things. Is there any fish in the river? @Jakers
No... although, when you take a really close look - you can notice there are, in fact, a few little deep-blue, crayfish-like creatures roaming at the bottom of the water. You can make out three in this area; it would probably be easy to snatch a few.

Note: The IC post is being delayed by 2 days as a one-off due to Fallout 4 er totally legit reasons! Sorry if you're desperate for the next IC post, but I'm pretty sure nobody is/everyone here is pretty chill in regards to the posting speed.

I'll still respond to any crafting actions and stuff you might have, but yeah. It should also give a little bit of time for those who want to craft and make more stuff/more interactions without a turn passing by. If you're struggling of things to do

I think Ashen is officially out at this point, so expect a brief CS of your new friend by the end of the next IC post.
[/hr]

And I need to wait a month in order to be able to Download it. RIP.

Anyway, I've been thinking that we take the longer sticks that Luther chopped down- bury one of them in with a 40-50ish angle, reinforce it into the ground and stack other types of sticks ontop of that one to act as a skeleton. Later, we apply leafs, moss and other branches with much thicker leafs on them- thus creating a tent that'd in the end look something like this.

The Pros for this form of shelter is-

+Easy to Build.
+Easy to get the resources to construct it (It's all around us!)
+Protects from the wind and the weather arriving from the back and the sides (Essential will cover South, East, West as an example).
+Can be widened, or lengthened with relative ease (Get some more sticks, folks).

The Cons however, would be

-Can only fit two people inside, would need to construct roughly 5-6 tents in order to fit everyone in.
-Doesn't focus on insulation: you'd have to huddle up close to your partner in order to make sure your bodies heat used to it's maximum potential (hugs will be delivered during the first night- perhaps a + thing?).
-Might collapse during the night due to the ground either moistening up.
-Doesn't protect from the weather heading towards the entrance of the shelter.
-If poorly constructed, the water can easily get inside.

And once the Tents have been fully constructed- atleast the amount we'll need, we have the tents circling around the fire pit, so that we'll A: Protect the Fire using our shelters to sway off the wind. B: Get some heat, of course and C: Keep the heat within the intended area. This way, we'll atleast ensure that most of the energy the firepit gives out, will be properly used and whilst not to it's maximum: atleast to a good amount.

PS: The Resources used would be-

Sticks (Amount depends on how big the tent will be, on average I'd say 15-21.)
Leafs (Three to four armsful)
Sticks with leafs (Needs to be freshly obtained, atleast four of them per tent)
Large Rock/A good amount of minor rocks, to ensure that the stick sat in the ground will stay there during the night.
Grass- Enough to have atleast three to five centimeters of thickness as flooring inside the tent. Varies a lot. Can be substituted with leafs.

Note: The IC post is being delayed by 2 days as a one-off due to Fallout 4 er totally legit reasons!
Legitimate Fallout 4 reasons. Totally understandable!
Fucking hell! I gotta wait another 45 days for that!
And I need to wait a month in order to be able to Download it. RIP.
*gasp* That sucks! :eyepopping: I tapped into my inner geek and got my copy at midnight the day of release. Boy it was cold waiting in line. And rainy. :gloomy:

My English teacher has played more fallout 4 than I have

That's okay though. Because fallout 4 isn't even out in stores until December 25

Voila! Your new... erm... friendly...(?) contestant: Tigress, has awoken!

Despite her attitude, she'll still follow orders - so long as said orders are logical and given to her in a manner that'd get through to her.

Oh, and feel free to converse with her like a usual character if you wish. I'll give a response on the OOC that you can edit into ya' post.

I'll come up with the usual OOC status/stockpile stuff tomorrow. For now though, I need to get some sleep. Feel free to post/ask questions/do craft attempts in the meantime, however!

(Probably going to edit + improve that IC post tomorrow, too. Was in a bit of a rush to get within the bed's warm embrace.)

THIS IS SPECIAL NOTICE FOR EVERY RP I AM IN

I currently work as freelance tester while waiting to get an actual permanent job, which means I will have bunch of psychological test results that needed to be scored before deadline. Some days I might find it hard to be online and post, another days I will have free time to be online and post. My schedule now is extremely random and tight, so post will come slower than it should be.

I will have more stable schedule when I get permanent job, however that also means I have less free time to be online and post RP. I will try my best to post at least twice a week, in worst case maybe once a week. If any of you have issue with my online time and can't accept it, please tell me, I don't mind being kick if that's the best way to keep the RP moves on.

Thank you! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.