• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Shi no Gēmu [Day 1, Post 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright- Arn's attempting to craft the shelter I mentioned earlier, and also requested Tigress to aid him in crafting more of them- after looking at him doing it.

Day 1, Post 4
Area Recap

If knowledge is 4 or higher - the position of the sun suggests it's roughly 1:45pm.

>The weather changed from Light Rain to Rain
-Everyone but Luther is starting to feel thirsty, especially those who've been hard at work. A -1 Accuracy debuff will occur until some form of fluid is drunk.
-Hunger is starting to kick in, though it won't affect anyone yet.

-----------------------------------------

Starting Position

Area description: A large patch of thick, brown clay lays in the middle of this area - where you've all started. Long, strangely-shaped trees stretch from the ground, and a river flows gently towards the north in front of you. Yellow-green grass grows around the mud patch, and the terrain is bumpy and a little hard to navigate across. Strange plants grow in all sorts of places, with strange spirits briefly appearing once in a while. It's unclear where any direction - be it North, South, East or West - will lead, as trees block the view of the distance. You have no idea of the surrounding area, but you don't think you're near the coast. It's raining.

Stuff in this area
>Grass
>Leaves
>Water (from river)
>Murky Water (from small puddles)
>Pebbles
>4 Small unknown crayfish creatures (from riverbed)
>Small Stones (from riverbed)
>Medium Stones (from riverbed)
>Various Twigs (from forest floor)
>Clay (moistening)
>Tree Bark
>Sand (moistening)
>Green Fernlike Plants (Mundane)
>Red Reedlike Plants (Strong)
>Red Leafy Plants (Mundane)
>Huge Red Flower (V.Likely Poisonous)
>Soft Wood (strong cutting tool required)
>A Small Fallen Tree (strong cutting tool required to gather logs)

Stockpiled Resources
>Some lengths of woven innerbark cordage
>Some lengths of woven redreed cordage (poor)
>Some lengths of woven redreed cordage
>6 Red Mushrooms (Likely Edible)
>A large amount of firewood (sticks/twigs)
>A medium-sized clay bowl

>An unknown dead animal
>A pile of picked grass
>5 Long, Sturdy Sticks
>3 Small, Thin Logs

Camp Features
>A firepit (Unfueled, unlit)

A new NPC: Tigress (#6) has joined the Group.
i0LN2gK.jpg

Description: Believed to be a mercenary or a trade caravan guard before SnG, Tigress is a gruff, strong, and short-tempered woman that doesn't even attempt to be sincere or kind. She speaks her mind, and is fearless when it comes to saying what she thinks of someone else, and won't even think twice about bringing up controversial topics.

Her past has been a rough road, to say the least, and the her reasons for joining SnG are unknown. Though strong and very confident in her own abilities, intelligence never really was Tigress' strong point. She hates being outsmarted, and has a grudge against mages in general. She likes to solve problems with other people through violence, and won't hesitate to fight if someone challenges her. She's boystrous and loud, and unlike some, she doesn't just keep her anger to herself.

Whilst she may seem completely unlikable, unapproachable and inconsiderate of others, she has a few soft spots here and there. Her temper can be tamed and put to use by stronger members of the group, especially if they respect her equally.

Stats
The Bear (Strength) - 8
The Mountain (Endurance) - 5
The Library (Knowledge) - 0
The Eagle (Accuracy) - 1
The Cheetah (Agility) - 3

Abilities
Born Brawler: When in combat, Tigress gains a +1 bonus to her Strength each time she successfully hits someone, going up to maximum bonus of +3 in one battle. When Tigress reaches the +3 Strength limit, her next attack will deal bonus damage, but the strength buffs will reset.
However, Tigress is completely unable to magic, and her abilities are never able to be magic-related. She's also passively unable to read or write.
Pounce: Tigress attacks and jumps onto an enemy from a medium distance away. If the target fails an Endurance check, they take bonus damage and are knocked to the ground. Pounce is much easier to dodge when the enemy is aware of Tigress' presence, however. 2 Turn Cooldown.
Ferocity: Tigress' next attack carves deeply into an enemy, making the attack cause heavy bleeding that deals small amounts of damage over time; the chance of this occurring is based on the enemy's Defence. If this attack is blocked, Tigress is vulnerable to the next attack. 2 Turn Cooldown.
The Kill: When an enemy is on very low HP (below 10%), and has been knocked over/made vulnerable/paralysed, Tigress can grab and snap the neck of her enemy, usually ending in an instant kill. If an enemy is reduced to 0 HP by The Kill, they instantly die instead of being Incapacitated. The Kill does no damage to opponents above 10% HP. 3 Turn Cooldown.

Starting Karma: Evil
Starting Weapon: Spiked Knuckles
Preferred Flavour: None of these

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright- Arn's attempting to craft the shelter I mentioned earlier, and also requested Tigress to aid him in crafting more of them- after looking at him doing it.
Alright. If everyone else wants to help out with this, we could just do a little 'timeskip' to where the shelters are built and ready, and then we can proceed onwards!

Then Luther drinks the (carefully so he doesn't burn himself) Then places the bowl I'm a nice open spot to collect rain water to drink

Then Luther drinks the (carefully so he doesn't burn himself) Then places the bowl I'm a nice open spot to collect rain water to drink
The (carefully so he doesn't burn himself) tastes good. It reminds him of the good ol' days. jk i'm sry i know im not funni pls dnut kil mi

Rain water seems to be filling up pretty quickly in the bowl. 7 people will probably be able to take a drink from it in the space of 1 IC turn. Tigress already drunk from the bowl the first time it filled up, then went back to work. Said she "needed it cus' of this fucking headache", or something along those lines.

Godamnit Besthesda.

We're going to need hide for waterskins if we're ever going to leave the starting zone. We're not too bad off right now, but we don't have any equipment to carry food and water.

We have a way to drink water for now though. I won't get a post up until probably some time tomorrow. So feel free to drink the water collecting this round. Considering how tigress drank some, we have 6 more helpings

"Wow. You must be really insecure if you have to go around boasting with ever sentence you say." Lilith commented, chuckling afterwards. "At least I now have a place to put the deer. Get out of the way." Lilith said as she walked over and nudged the girl away.
Tigress didn't like that.

"And you must be a fucking idiot if you think that's a deer." She hisses. As you walk over and attempt to nudge her out the way, Tigress doesn't move an inch, standing firm. She looks you directly in the eyes, and you're close enough to see her slightly sharp teeth as she gives a forced grin.

"Haha. Funny little thing, aint'cha? But... I don't think you understand me if you reckon I'm just going to take that." She whispers loud enough for you to hear. She slowly loses her fake smile, shifting her grip on her spiked knuckles.

"Don't touch me again unless you're looking for a fight."

She turns back to work on the shelters.

"Tigress, I don't want to seem like a prick, but uh... I think it would be good if we tried to keep it cool in the group. I know it sucks majorly when someone speaks to you like that, but if we let ourselves get angered to, well... who's to say we won't end up like the first group, all of us killed by a simple misunderstanding?" Arn definently felt like he was stepping on ice when talking to Tigress, but it's better to get an ally- and ensure that ally remains with the group, as oppose to getting an opponent who spread hatred across the group. He kind of realized that it's probably better to just talk about something else- but why the hell he chose this next topic, he couldn't really grasp. He asked the forbidden question of: "So, why did you join Shi no Gemu?"
"Oh, please." Tigress spits, rolling her eyes as she rips a heavy branch from a tree. "I've heard it all before. There's always someone who puts me to one side and tells me to calm down after they see what I'm like. It's like being a fucking kid again...." She mutters to herself, not caring about dirt that flicks in her face as she vigorously works.

"Look, big guy. I know I've got problems. But people just need to fucking learn that I don't just take their shit, and then we'll all be just dandy." She sighs to herself, wiping sweat and rain from her brow. Her following words are quieter. "But I'm trying. Alright? Just don't... ugh." She gets back to focusing on work.

At your next question, she doesn't respond for a long while.
"To win." She says simply. It clearly doesn't seem like she'll tell you her actual reasons for joining yet.

@Jakers
I don't think it would affect him much this turn, but is luther still suffering from the penalty of using his magic?

Im just gonna... Let you guys figure it out from there.

Also, are there any large leaves anywhere nearby?

Im just gonna... Let you guys figure it out from there.

Also, are there any large leaves anywhere nearby?
*Doesn't know where those characters are from*. I think I recognise the dude, but... other than that, all I can say is that Tigress isn't an angry schoolgirl. And Luther ain't... uh... that guy.

Also - yep, there's quite a few decently-sized leaves around here and there. The big red flower's petals are pretty damn huge, too.

*Doesn't know where those characters are from*. I think I recognise the dude, but... other than that, all I can say is that Tigress isn't an angry schoolgirl. And Luther ain't... uh... that guy.
The he shall become that guy!

Just popping in to let you all know that I am still here, just waiting on Trionfi. If they do not post by late evening on the 16th, I will just post and get Hei to working on helping set up a shelter.

Sorry, I'm still here!! The last few days have been pretty hectic, sorry for the unannounced absence; I should have a post up by tonight.

"I can tell you possess an incredibly strong spirit. I must say, it is quite admirable."
"..."

She doesn't respond, and carries on working.

Side Note: Next IC post comes up on Wednesday.
[/hr]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back