Shi no Gēmu [Day 1, Post 5]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, there's a lot of people working on the shelters now. Hopefully it'll get done in no time. Also, I apologize for the slow responses. I think I caught whatever was going around the OOC. And no, I don't mean the Bethesda bug, though that certainly isn't helping. A bit under the weather with a cold or the flu, but it shouldn't hamper my IC posts. Just wanted to let everyone know on the off chance my body decides my lungs aren't a necessary part of my anatomy and coughs them up.

.... Sorry, I stopped receiving any notifications for this until @Trionfi metioned me so thanks...

This phrase has a glorious double meaning
Lmao! Indeed it does. As anyone who's played Skyrim can testify. Or any of the recent Fallouts for that matter. ;) I had a deathclaw in Fallout 3 stuck in a weird loop where it shot up from the ground into the sky over and over again. Nice for target practice without the worry of getting gored to death. xD

I will get a post up as soon as I can, hopefully tomorrow. My laptop had an incident with a leaking ceiling and may or may not be working properly.

I have a really, really bad feeling about nightfall though.

At least Luther will be at peak condition then.

Also I feel I should warn you that Christmas came early, and fallout four released last Sunday, so now I can join you beta testers in a glorious game. Currently creeping along with my laser musket sniping every enemy with 8 INT and only 2 AGI

inb4 Falkare survives because he's not at base camp when it gets attacked.

I have a really, really bad feeling about nightfall though.
You and me both. As if the bizarre rain wasn't enough, and those weird spirits floating off like their rear ends are on fire, I'm not too optimistic about the peacefulness lasting into the night. Might need more than one lookout. :)
At least Luther will be at peak condition then.

Also I feel I should warn you that Christmas came early, and fallout four released last Sunday, so now I can join you beta testers in a glorious game. Currently creeping along with my laser musket sniping every enemy with 8 INT and only 2 AGI
Congratulations, Wastelander. Welcome home. *is slapped in the forehead with a 'nerd' sticker* Hah! I lean towards intelligent characters myself, though wasn't much of a sneak/stealth type until this version of the game. Disturbing a glowing deathclaw is not fun!

@Jakers - Might Tigress' fiery hair and matching personality have been inspired by Cait from the Combat Zone? I couldn't help but notice similarities. She's a melee artist who used to beat up raiders for a living and curses like a sailor. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as Fallout 4 goes, I myself am playing a stealthy, suit-wearing, fedora-wearing gangster with a silenced .44 magnum and a switchblade that deals 10x damage with a sneak attack. Stealth is very fun, especially when you build a character especially for it. Also, wearing light clothes improves stealth even further, making my aesthetic actually beneficial! Woohoo! But I imagine run-and-gunning is also a fun thing to do.

But yeah, @Fallout4Players, try a stealth character at least once. It's extremely fun. My friend is doing a 'One Punch Man' build, which actually kinda works. His unarmed damage is INSANE, even on normal difficulty. He took bloody mess too, so he's literally making people explode with his bare fists. The boy's a genius.

Uh... anyway! As far as the IC post goes, I was going to post it right this instant, but I'm going to wait for KageKaioh a bit to see if he posts. If he can't make the deadline, that's absolutely fine - I'll just post tomorrow. But timezones are a thing, so I'll give em' a bit more time to post.

Also, which way is the trio of Jay, Katsuko, and Delvenia actually going? Unless I blatantly missed where they were going, haha. But they'll need to actually state a direction to explore if they're looking for tree sap outside of the area they're already in. I've already listed all the resources they can see in the current 'square'.[/hr]

As far as Fallout 4 goes, I myself am playing a stealthy, suit-wearing, fedora-wearing gangster with a silenced .44 magnum and a switchblade that deals 10x damage with a sneak attack. Stealth is very fun, especially when you build a character especially for it. Also, wearing light clothes improves stealth even further, making my aesthetic actually beneficial! Woohoo! But I imagine run-and-gunning is also a fun thing to do.

But yeah, @Fallout4Players, try a stealth character at least once. It's extremely fun. My friend is doing a 'One Punch Man' build, which actually kinda works. His unarmed damage is INSANE, even on normal difficulty. He took bloody mess too, so he's literally making people explode with his bare fists. The boy's a genius.
That is actually hilarious because I created a second character a few days ago that I was planning to make stealth who just goes around shanking things in a tuxedo. Of course, you could just dress 'em up in THE SILVER SHROUD costume. (Yeah, every time he says that, it's capslocked into the mind.) I like to make my character intelligent too, especially now that the crafting is more complex. Trying to stealth shank a death claw instead of punching it to oblivion in some nifty, beefed-up power armor wouldn't go well. Though I suppose you could always take the smarter but perhaps admittedly less fun approach of staying hidden somewhere it can't reach and sniping it. Less chance of seeing the infamous death animation when they pick you up and use your guts as moisturizer. =D

Making people explode with your bare fists . . . sounds glorious.

I don't have fallout 4 but sneak is my favourite way to play, I find the best thing in fallout 3 is the stealth suit, I made an OP melee character with that.

And I might make that one punch man character too once I get the game.

Reactions: Jakers
@Jakers - Might Tigress' fiery hair and matching personality have been inspired by Cait from the Combat Zone? I couldn't help but notice similarities. She's a melee artist who used to beat up raiders for a living and curses like a sailor. :lol:
No, though I can see the similarities. I never intentionally make characters based on other things, all of them are pretty much 100% me aside from the pictures. As are pretty much everyone's characters, I imagine.

I haven't actually had Cait as a companion yet - her loud Irish voice and pretty 'eager-to-fight' temper made her a bit more annoying than scary and dangerous in my opinion. Though I have a spare power fist lying around in my base... I'll have to give it to her and take her on a 'test spin' sometime. X)

@XxDreamingxX - In future, could you notify me of things you'd like to try and craft in the OOC? Check out the crafting system explanation at the bottom of the 'Overview' tab in the OOC if you need to. Saying you just crafted something/did something isn't really allowed unless it's super simple.

Also, I can safely say that bashing two rocks from a riverbed together will not create a fire. Especially when it's raining.

Also, one more thing: the '10/10 hunger' and '10/10 health' thingies are kind of not neccessary. I'll notify hunger and thirst statuses with the OOC updates, and your max HP isn't 10. It's 17. (See below why that is if you like.)

Don't see this as a warning or me being angry at you or anything, though; your posts are really neat. Keep it up!

As a side note, I should point out that a character's max HP is 5 + (3 x Endurance Stat). So someone with 1 Endurance would have 8 Max HP, someone with 2 Endurance would have 11 Max HP, and so on.

OOC thing comes out tomorrow! Sorry about the delays, but spare time is running low for me in this day and age. You can still feel free to post without the OOC updates, and I'll answer short questions and stuff - but doing the OOC things take a real heap of time actually. I hope you're all still enjoying it; please notify me if you're not~![/hr][/hr]

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
No, though I can see the similarities. I never intentionally make characters based on other things, all of them are pretty much 100% me aside from the pictures. As are pretty much everyone's characters, I imagine.

I haven't actually had Cait as a companion yet - her loud Irish voice and pretty 'eager-to-fight' temper made her a bit more annoying than scary and dangerous in my opinion. Though I have a spare power fist lying around in my base... I'll have to give it to her and take her on a 'test spin' sometime. X)
Ah, I see. I like to draw inspiration from different sources sometimes when coming up with a character, or even a plot. Actually had an entire original story that spawned from my obsession with Fallout. (Yes, I'm a fan/nerd, and proud of it. =P) But I know what you mean. A lot of the time I only need my own imagination to create things. Hopefully that well doesn't run dry anytime soon.

And yes. Cait's company is a bit like coffee. An acquired taste. She gets a little better attitude wise the more you travel with her and befriend her, and she eventually shows you the location of a vault, so having her as a wasteland companion isn't completely without merit! XD Her perk is kind of weak though. Deacon's is much better, especially if you're going the stealth route.

OOC thing comes out tomorrow! Sorry about the delays, but spare time is running low for me in this day and age. You can still feel free to post without the OOC updates, and I'll answer short questions and stuff - but doing the OOC things take a real heap of time actually. I hope you're all still enjoying it; please notify me if you're not~!
No worries, we all know what a pain real life can be. I do believe I'm in this for the long haul. So just keep posting when you can, and I'm sure most of us will do the same. ;)

Arn's attempting to craft the following:
One Makeshift Fire-Starter, using a Bendable stick and the poorly done reed-rope.

A water sack- using the stomach of the 'creature' after properly cleaning it out.

Day 1, Post 5
Area Recap

If knowledge is 4 or higher - the position of the sun suggests it's roughly 3:00pm.

>The weather has also become Windy.
-Those who haven't drank yet starting to feel thirsty, especially those who've been hard at work. A -1 Accuracy debuff will occur until some form of fluid is drunk.
-Hunger is starting to kick in, though it won't affect anyone yet.

-----------------------------------------

Starting Position

Area description: A large patch of thick, brown clay lays in the middle of this area - where you've all started. Long, strangely-shaped trees stretch from the ground, and a river flows gently towards the north in front of you. Yellow-green grass grows around the mud patch, and the terrain is bumpy and a little hard to navigate across. Strange plants grow in all sorts of places, with strange spirits briefly appearing once in a while. It's unclear where any direction - be it North, South, East or West - will lead, as trees block the view of the distance. You have no idea of the surrounding area, but you don't think you're near the coast. It's raining.

Stuff in this area
>Grass
>Leaves
>Water (from river)
>Murky Water (from small puddles)
>Pebbles
>4 Small unknown crayfish creatures (from riverbed)
>Small Stones (from riverbed)
>Medium Stones (from riverbed)
>Various Twigs (from forest floor)
>Clay (moistening)
>Tree Bark
>Sand (moistening)
>Green Fernlike Plants (Mundane)
>Red Reedlike Plants (Strong)
>Red Leafy Plants (Mundane)
>Huge Red Flower (V.Likely Poisonous)
>Soft Wood (strong cutting tool required)
>A Small Fallen Tree (strong cutting tool required to gather logs)

Stockpiled Resources
>Some lengths of woven innerbark cordage
>Some lengths of woven redreed cordage (poor)
>Some lengths of woven redreed cordage
>6 Red Mushrooms (Likely Edible)
>A large amount of firewood (sticks/twigs)
>A medium-sized clay bowl

>Flowing unknown animal blood
>Organs of unknown animal
>Organless carcass of unknown animal

>A pile of picked grass
>3 Small, Thin Logs

Camp Features
>A firepit (Unfueled, unlit)
>A basic shelter (Undamaged)

West Position
Area description: The trees here are more densely populated than the starting area. The ground seems to be gradually rising the more you head Westward. The highlight of this area is a stubby but very broad tree with gems embedded into the side of it, blue leaves hanging low; the tree seems to take the 'center stage' of this area.

Stuff in this area
>Grass
>Leaves
>Murky Water (from small puddles)
>Pebbles
>Clay (moistening)
>Tree Bark
>Red Leafy Plants (Mundane)
>Unknown Pink Spirally Plant
>Unknown Yellow Fluffy Plant
>Soft Wood (strong cutting tool required)
>Hard Wood (strong cutting tool/4 STR required)
>Unknown V.Hard Wood (v.strong cutting tool/7 STR required)
>10 Unknown Yellow Gems
>A Small Fallen Tree (strong cutting tool required to gather logs)

East Position
Area description: The land here is flat, with little trees around, forming a large and grassy clearing. A large clay pit resides in this area, slightly bubbling for some reason. The grass here is long, yellow, and sways in the wind somewhat ominously. Beside the thick and gloopy clay pit, you've managed to spot an unknown, blue humanoid creature laying prone in the grass, seemingly spying on the starting area.
Stuff in this area
>Grass
>Leaves
>Wet Clay
>Murky Water (from puddles)
>Large Sticks (from saplings)
>Tree Bark
>Unknown Tiny Blue Flowers
>Unknown Green Leafy Plants
>Unknown Small White Mushroom x 17
>Small amount of Soft Wood (strong cutting tool required)

>Unknown Small Humanoid Creature (hasn't noticed you) (wielding wooden spear)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Arn's attempting to craft the following:
One Makeshift Fire-Starter, using a Bendable stick and the poorly done reed-rope.

A water sack- using the stomach of the 'creature' after properly cleaning it out.

Making the fire starter succeeds. It'll probably take a very long time to get a fire going with this... especially in the rain.

As for the water sack using a stomach, it carries water okay, though it isn't very sturdy. It's hard to transport anything without a spill.

@Jakers Sorry about my last post. I must've spaced out while writing or something. I promise it won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.