Last edited:
Noir

In the time Peter had spent with the assembled group, he barely changed. He still wore his mask, keeping his identity a secret and wore his old outfit rather than wearing the uniform given to him. He would wear it when cleaning his old outfit.

The only things that did change was his fighting skills. The training helped him move from just going in with fists swinging to actually using one of the martial arts that some of the others used. And he was beginning to like using modern weapons. As they were significantly better than what was available in Peter's time.

Peter did start wearing lightweight armor vest under his clothes to give some form of protection.

He did ask the others to call him "Spider." Rather than some nickname they made.

Currently, he was reading a book in one of the dorm rooms. The book was centered around a few horror stories. Decent ones at that...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quicksilver

Pietro changed quite a bit. First being his uniform. It now had the Shield symbol on the right shoulder and a helmet to protect himself. He had asked to undertake training for first aid and bomb defusal. Just in case.

He was currently studying about bomb defusal. As first aid wasn't an issue. He did want to be prepared incase they ran into a bomb.

@Camleen @Gands @MST3K 4ever @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Dunruffle @Sir Kaltao @Ms.Ezra

Steve was enjoying the brisk pace that he and Jessica had set. Steve knew that Jessica was holding back, but so was he. However, this really wasn't about running or being competitive Steve wanted Jessica to have privacy to talk to him. He was enjoying the scenery drift by them but the whole time he was focused in on what Jessica was telling him.

When she offered him a "dirty water hot dog" Steve replied, "I'm from Brooklyn I've had my share of them." He smirked and said, "I'm always up for one. Let's go." Once they had their food in hand Steve took a bite and said, "Now that's a delicious dog. Good call Jones."

His was gone within a few bites, and then Steve said, "First off, thank you for coming clean with me. Second, until proven otherwise I trust you. It's what teammates do for one another. Call it my 1940's sensibilities, but it works for me and has served me well in more than a few combat situations. While I was gone if you were a true threat to the group you could've taken them out. Not only did you not do that but whoever the slick suit was obviously doesn't have eyes and ears on you right now mainly because that would've been the opportunity to strike." Steve let that sink in hoping Jessica realized that what he was saying was not something to be taken lightly. He continued, "Since they came to you in your office my guess is that they aren't HYDRA. If it was HYDRA they would've been much more persuasive. Taken you to their base showed you the extent of their operation. Drugged the bottle that you drank from making you their servant something along those lines trust me HYDRA doesn't recruit door to door like your slick suit did. He's working for someone else. Maybe not as powerful as HYDRA but very dangerous."

Steve bought him and Jessica a bottle of water. He gave her a bottle and Steve took a swig. Steve said, "If there is one thing I've learned in my lifetime is that in chaos there is opportunity. Striking at the group while there was chaos about my arrest was a golden opportunity. When we get back to the base I'll take a look at your information, and we'll go from there. I want to keep Nick and SHIELD out of the loop for the time being. I trust Nick but SHIELD…" Steve shook his head and said, "It won't surprise me to find out that they've been compromised."

Interactions:
@Michale CS

• Love
Reactions: Gands
Steve was enjoying the brisk pace that he and Jessica had set. Steve knew that Jessica was holding back, but so was he. However, this really wasn't about running or being competitive Steve wanted Jessica to have privacy to talk to him. He was enjoying the scenery drift by them but the whole time he was focused in on what Jessica was telling him.

When she offered him a "dirty water hot dog" Steve replied, "I'm from Brooklyn I've had my share of them." He smirked and said, "I'm always up for one. Let's go." Once they had their food in hand Steve took a bite and said, "Now that's a delicious dog. Good call Jones."

His was gone within a few bites, and then Steve said, "First off, thank you for coming clean with me. Second, until proven otherwise I trust you. It's what teammates do for one another. Call it my 1940's sensibilities, but it works for me and has served me well in more than a few combat situations. While I was gone if you were a true threat to the group you could've taken them out. Not only did you not do that but whoever the slick suit was obviously doesn't have eyes and ears on you right now mainly because that would've been the opportunity to strike." Steve let that sink in hoping Jessica realized that what he was saying was not something to be taken lightly. He continued, "Since they came to you in your office my guess is that they aren't HYDRA. If it was HYDRA they would've been much more persuasive. Taken you to their base showed you the extent of their operation. Drugged the bottle that you drank from making you their servant something along those lines trust me HYDRA doesn't recruit door to door like your slick suit did. He's working for someone else. Maybe not as powerful as HYDRA but very dangerous."

Steve bought him and Jessica a bottle of water. He gave her a bottle and Steve took a swig. Steve said, "If there is one thing I've learned in my lifetime is that in chaos there is opportunity. Striking at the group while there was chaos about my arrest was a golden opportunity. When we get back to the base I'll take a look at your information, and we'll go from there. I want to keep Nick and SHIELD out of the loop for the time being. I trust Nick but SHIELD…" Steve shook his head and said, "It won't surprise me to find out that they've been compromised."

Interactions:
@Michale CS

After Jessica had a couple bites out of the dog she shook her head. "Definitely not HYDRA, these guys roped me IN to your little group. Seems to me that organized crime stands to take a big hit if HYDRA prevails. Maybe I didn't spell it out enough for you Cap... It's a guy - probably a guy who knows - they call The Kingpin of Crime that my suit works for. He's willing to sic me on HYDRA, and willing to make sure I have nothing to focus on but that by throwing money at me. Strange bedfellows, I guess you'd say."

She finished her dog and shrugged. "Listen, I am totally not the trusting type. I'm what your buddies in the war might call shell shocked. Bad stuff happened to me, Steve. Really bad. And I'd just started to build my reputation as a heroine."

She sputtered out a cynical laugh. "Called myself Jewel. Had what I thought were friends among the hero types. Not one of them came looking for me when I disappeared. And I was subject to mental and psychological domination that would make Dr. Mengele look like a playground bully. So excuse me if I'm a little skeptical. I'm trying to get through it, but there's a lot to work through and my psychiatrists are Jack Daniels and Jim Beam."

That was as cards on the table as Jessica had been with pretty much anyone, but Rogers deserved the truth and she felt his old fashioned sensibilities would preclude him blabbing to anyone else. She'd already told Fandral in private - probably for the same reason - chivalry.

@MST3K 4ever

Last edited:
LauraBanner001B.jpg

She of course had heard the news from Russia. About the submarine. It was on the news, after all. She always switched between the cable news shows… but the reports on both were about the same. Of course, she had to tolerate the 'opinions' of the 'reporters' the whole time, which was annoying to Laura. One station would spend their time kissing the president's ass, the other station was calling for his impeachment. Between all of that was some of the real news, but all of it biased in some way. The opinions about the president was just a symptom of all of that. Of what she had to tolerate to hear actual news.

But of course, she still didn't know the whole story. Only what was being reported.

And frankly, she's not sure it concerned her all that much. But it was a pretty big deal to the people on television. But for Laura, it didn't really affect her morning as of yet. And her morning has found her in the training area. She is wearing a form fitting black suit (not so dissimilar to the sort of suit Natasha Romanoff would wear (Shield issue and all)), and all around her are the remains of various sparring robots. They were cheaply made, she could tell. And not really a challenge for her. Even if she is just practicing a little. Her long and dark hair is tied back into a ponytail, keeping it out of her eyes.

She paces back and forth now as her jade green eyes look over the remains of the training bots, an almost aggravated look on her young features. Despite the fact most have been welcoming to her, she still isn't sure this is where she should be. Not the training room, she does need to be there. But the 'team' itself. 'Avengers', that's what Captain America called them. Doesn't sound like a great military designation. But then, maybe that's the point.

But the fact no one has really objected to her presence yet speaks much to her. She still feels there are many things unresolved. Between herself and some of the personnel here, and a situation.

The ghost scent.

Her and Logan.

Her and Captain America.

All things that she feels needs to be addressed. All things she's not totally sure she wants to address. But what is there to be afraid of? That she'll be kicked out of this place? No… no that can't be it. She's survived worse than being thrown out of a relatively comfortable living arrangement. Maybe it's just the fact she's never really had to deal with these kind of things on her own. Simple things like basic emotions. Simple things like basic emotions that sometimes seem… almost alien to her…

Tagging: @Ms.Ezra, @Gands, @MST3K 4ever, @LuckycoolHawk9, @Sir Kaltao, @Dunruffle, @Michale CS, @The Wanderer, @Furasian

Steve took in the story that Jones had told him. He studied not only what she said, but how she was saying it. Steve learned interrogation tactics during the war and that many times how someone said something would be just as revealing as what they didn't say. Jessica was being honest and open with him. The tone in her voice let out a bit of hesitancy not because she was being deceitful, but when one is laying out basically their life in front of you that's not something that comes easily especially when you're "shell shocked" like Jessica.

Taking a swig from his water Steve gave a nod and then capped it. He said, "The Kingpin, I've heard of him. SHIELD could take him down easily, but like you noted if HYDRA wins they take a major hit. So this is a case of the enemy of my enemy is my friend." He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Well, in this case as you noted strange bedfellows. Besides, The Kingpin will very soon have a lot more trouble than he can imagine." Steve looked at her and said, "You're probably familiar with the Devil in Hell's Kitchen and his war with The Kingpin. So far, he's been nothing more than an annoyance to his organization with a few small victories here and there. I happen to know for fact that SHIELD is now, off the record, backing him up with resources to take on The Kingpin. It's safe to say the annoyance is about to become a problem for him." Steve shook his head and said, "The Kingpin's days aren't exactly numbered yet, but I have feeling there will be several kinds of Hell that he is about to pay."

Finishing off his water Steve did a basketball shot of his water bottle into a recycling bin 20 feet away. He smiled and said, "Nothing but plastic." He let out a small chuckle and turned back to Jessica. Steve said, "Your days of coping with the bottle are over. You can't deaden the pain with booze I've seen many people try and fail at that during the War. You're stronger than that Jones. You can either let the pain define you or you define the pain. That's your call. I know it may look like I don't have much room to talk, but remember you're talking to a guy 75 years out of the loop. I'm still getting used to microwave ovens. I can bench press a tank and battle plan on the fly, but show me a smart phone and I'm a caveman. Everyone has their issues but its how we deal with them that define us. I believe that you can define yours Jessica. Your greatest strength is your drive; focus that on what you need to do."

Steve took a look at his watch and said, "We need to get back to the base. Got a feeling Fury is going to be calling sooner than later."

Interactions:
@Michale CS

After her shower Sue slipped into a pair of jeans with a dark blue tank top. She pulled her hair back into a ponytail and took a look in the mirror. It wasn't too often that she was seen in public without her disguise, so she wasn't too familiar with the face looking back at her. She said, "
I can get used to seeing you again." With that Sue left her quarters and saw that everyone was off doing their own thing as it were. Trying to figure out where she fit in at times, and frustration with that, was one of the key reasons she left her previous group. She was determined that wasn't going to happen with this one.

Sue made her way to the lab and entered in her access code. The key pad turned green and computerized voice said, "Welcome Dr. Storm." Sue hadn't heard that name in a while and smiled as she said, "
I can really get used to that again." Sue opened the door and when she did the lights came on revealing a variety of lab tables and equipment. She let out a whistle and said, "To get even one of these machines into the lab at the station would take the entire operating budget of the department for a year. This place is amazing."

Sue began to walk around to get used to her new playground.

• Love
Reactions: Gands
Grant Ward

It seemed that the intel on the submarine was true. It was hijacked and if SHIELD sources were right, it was a group of mutants. Of course, sources could be wrong. He looked over at Captain America and was silent. Yet another failure in his mind. What was the plan? He didn't know, as he silently ate his breakfast.

To one degree, it was comforting to know it might not be HYDRA, but to the other, he wasn't certain. Uncertainity was something Ward had always hated. He looked around, waiting to see if Hill had anything to add on this.

Lincoln Campbell

A soft thud could be heard inside the apartment of Lincoln Campbell. It was his cereal bowl from hearing the news, but to say he didn't expect it was a lie. When countries had powerful things, they were often stolen to make a point. He picked up the bowl and cleaned the rug.

Focus on everything else. Focus on being a doctor and not anything else. It was easier this way. Life was easier this way. He finally decided to go out for a run. That would hopefully clear his mind.

@Camleen @Gands @MST3K 4ever @Michale CS @The Wanderer @Dunruffle @Sir Kaltao @Ms.Ezra

After Captain America had said his piece, and dismissed them until further notice, Maria sighs and picking up on Ward's apprehension walks over to tell him. "I'll be touching base with Fury on this submarine. In the meantime, sit tight."

She was about to walk out, but stops near Logan and says to him. "I have some official duties to tend to, but after I'm taking a personal night. Going to this bar in the city called 'Zed's Frat House'. They got this section where you can play beer pong. If you're game, I'll be there at 7." She gives the gruff man a small smile and walks out to tend to those duties. She goes back to her quarters, and dresses in proper Shield attire but takes her duffle along to an off-site meeting with Fury, then spend her much-needed personal night in the city.
---------------------------------
The next morning Hill rides back into the base garage on her motorcycle. When she walks into the base proper, she hears the very particular sound of training robots being mangled and stops by the door to the training area, dropping her duffle and leaning against the door frame. She would see that Maria was not in her Shield attire as when she left, but under her leather motorcycle jacket wore a black AC/DC shirt, jeans, and her hair was still slightly wet as she'd showered in her hotel room before driving back. Laura would likely be able to smell the dirt of the road, the usual smells of a bar (cigarettes and beer), and something else. Nothing new. Actually it was very familiar if she were able to place it as a certain short but tough man.

"Good morning Laura. Everyone else on their best behavior?" She asks smiling.

@Camleen

LauraBanner001B.jpg

Still standing in the training room, she lets out a soft sigh. Her eyes close as she tilts her head back, absently flexing her hands. Breathe in slowly… release more slowly. Her mind drifts a little… she needs tougher robots to fight, for one. To help get her mind off things.

But her senses are suddenly aware of a new strong smell coming in her direction. It smells like some kind of seedy tavern… Jade green eyes flutter open as she looks towards one of the doorways to the training room, just as Maria stops near the door. With an unamused gaze upon her features she stares at Maria, saying nothing for a few moments.

"No one has killed anyone else yet."
So that's a plus in her mind.

Keeping her eyes fixed on Maria's, she speaks once more, not moving from her spot. "You have been with Weapon X, Deputy Director." She's not sure why she feels the need to point that out. Obviously Maria knows that. "Are those the kinds of places you both like to relish pleasure in?" Referring of course to the bar she was obviously in. And she's not sure why she felt the need to say that, either. She half turns then, her eyes looking towards the small pods the robots seem to come out of upon command.

Tagging: @Ms.Ezra

mh_interna_jessicajoneslogo.jpg

Steve shook his head and said, "The Kingpin's days aren't exactly numbered yet, but I have feeling there will be several kinds of Hell that he is about to pay."

"I really don't give a rat's ass about that other than the people in my neighborhood he might hurt, to be honest, Cap." I replied. I personally thought that 'Devil' was just some loser who just figured if the people he beat up were all bad guys, it was fine. Wrong way to wage war on a mob, great way to get shot.

Steve said, "Your days of coping with the bottle are over. You can't deaden the pain with booze I've seen many people try and fail at that during the War. You're stronger than that Jones....I believe that you can define yours Jessica. Your greatest strength is your drive; focus that on what you need to do."

I'd heard all of this before from Trish, Hogarth, and Malcolm. Even Malcolm. Talk about irony. "I wouldn't place any bets on me being a teetotaler anytime soon, Rogers. I'm on the wagon now, but that wagon's got some really wobbly wheels."

Steve took a look at his watch and said, "We need to get back to the base. Got a feeling Fury is going to be calling sooner than later."

"Sure. Wanna race?" Then, after I give him a cocky look - and making sure there weren't a crapload of bystanders watching, I show him just how well I can 'jump', landing on a fire escape half a block away, then begin to parkour my way back to the base. I'm no Devil of Hell's Kitchen, but I know how to get around in the back alleys of New York like a champ.

@MST3K 4ever

Somewhere in New York

A semi ratty apartment.

There is a knock on the door where Lincoln is living.

Assuming he answers the door.....

upload_2017-8-31_20-14-8.png

" Agent Lincoln "

Coulson lets himself the rest of the way in closing the door behind himself.

" The boss sent me to find you "

He walks around, kicking an empty bottle of booze.

" The first insertion attempt failed, that much we know. So we are going to do this more directly now Lincoln. My next question.... are you certain you can handle this ? "

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lincoln Campbell, Totally not slightly buzzed

Lincoln heard the knock on the door. It made him jump a bit.

He wasn't expecting a person, but he opened the door regardless.

" Agent Coulson."

Lincoln watched as he entered the room. He probably should have thrown out the alcohol. He was supposed to be a recovering alcoholic. The recovering part was the hard part.

So, this was from Fury directly, different.

Lincoln watched the booze roll across the floor loudly. Definitely should have cleaned up.

" Yes, that much was clear when I was unnoticed at the fashion show. Did stitch a few people up. Direct might work better for me. I said it before, I can handle this," he said. He kept looking at the floor alcohol. Maybe he shouldn't have bought so much.

@Gands

New York
Lincoln's ratty hotel room.

" Good, be dressed in uniform, sober, washed and shaved promptly at 6 a.m.. I will be by to pick you up. Be warned, when they didn't pick you up, Fury inserted Deputy Director Hill. So, if you aren't top of your game, she will take care of business."

He picks up the empty bottle, pointedly looking at Agent Lincoln, handing it to him.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Lincoln Campbell

" I can do two of those four things," he mumbled, not mentioning that the washing and uniform part were the easy part. The shaving, not so much. He didn't exactly have the best track record of not hurting himself, hence why he usually only trimmed. He could avoid alcohol for one night.... probably.

He picks up the empty bottle, pointedly looking at Agent Coulson, handing it to him.

Lincoln looked over at him and dumped it in the garbage when he handed it over. "
Company," he lied.

@Gands

Last edited:
New York city
Lincoln's ratty hotel.

The next morning.

Promptly at 6:00 a.m., Phil Coulson is at Lincolns door with a polite knock. Assuming a prompt response.......

" Good morning lincoln "

Phil Coulson was dressed in his best shield issue armored business suit. Hair recently cut and styled and shoes shined. Lincoln could tell that there was extra effort made today.

"Ready to go ?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

Grant Ward

Ward was not sitting well with not being in the loop. There was an uneasy feeling in the back of his mind that he wasn't trusted. He looked over at her. " I will sit tight and wait until you touch base with Fury. I hope that whatever you brings back is good news. I'm worried." He admitted this aloud as he went to do some training.

@Ms.Ezra

Steven Rodgers/ Captain America.

" You may not care about the other people in your neighborhood, but I am sure there are people that do. There is always somebody who cares about the other people. Don't forget that. Sometimes things are bigger when you see the larger picture, but I don't hate your opinion, it is how you feel and I am not going to change that."

Cap looked over at her, wondering if his pep had helped at all. It was the best he could give on him. " But the wheels aren't broken yet, so there is still hope. Just don't jump ship before the wheels break. And if one wagon breaks, there is always a second one around. I believe you are stronger than you will ever admit."

Cap caught the cocky look and was just about to comment that she was going to be give her a head start, but she did it anyway. He walked away, slowly on purpose. He knew that little victories would be a good thing for his team. Show that he wasn't perfect and that he could be beaten. It totally wasn't because he couldn't keep pace. He was holding back on purpose. Though he did speed up a bit to make it look like he wasn't completely throwing it in her favor.

@Michale CS

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln was dressed, sober and wearing his uniform. He didn't exactly have a great razor, but he had given his facial hair a light trim.

" Good morning lincoln "

" Good morning, Phil," he said to the other man.

Of course, it didn't come out sounding good since he had half a bagel in his mouth, but after swallowing it and making sure the uniform was still clean, it was, he looked over at Phil.

"As ready as I can be."

@Gands

New York
Leaving Lincoln's crappy hotel room.

Phil took Lincoln down to the standard issue black SuV. As one might expect it was clean and in good condition.

It was a largely quiet drive down to the base. Once close, Phil used his Shield communicator to contact Maria Hill.

@Ms.Ezra @LuckycoolHawk9

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln climbed into his SUV, in full uniform, his god knows how old blue backpack on his pack. It had seen better days.

Despite that, it was the bag he used for med school, the one he had always had. It also kept his medical supplies. He waited for Coulson to finish his call.

@Gands

"Yeah, Logan and I had a night of beer pong and conversation. It's what people do." Maria shrugs and then elaborates "Not specifically beer pong, but you know something fun and competitive. If you want to try something, I'm open." Maria smiles and then hears her Shield communicator go off. She takes the call while stepping away from the doorway.

"Hill, go ahead."

@Gands

Outskirts of New York City
Standard Shield SUV

" Good morning Deputy Director, this is Agent Phil Coulson. The boss asked me to bring in Agent Campbell from department M. I thought the fifteen minute warning would be appropriate "

@Ms.Ezra @LuckycoolHawk9

Grant Ward

Ward punched the punching bag. I don't know. I don't like not knowing about stuff HYDRA does. I want to be in the goddamn loop. Did they steal that sub? Was it a group of mutants? Why haven't they contacted me in a while? Have I screwed up? Fuck, did HYDRA cut me off? He sent the punching bag off the rim. It was too bad that as he was having these thoughts, he hadn't thought to block out his thoughts to eavesdroppers.

@Gands

Lincoln Campbell

Lincoln sighed. Leave it to Phil to be very technical with the department he was in. He could have just said Medical. He just had to point out department M. He waited patiently for the gates to open/

@Ms.Ezra @Gands