• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Geez man, calm down." One of the guys in the group said, "We didn't know she had a boyfriend, we'll go." They didn't want to mess with Wolf with the way he looked. With that they started to walk off out of the sweets shop. Red turned to face Wolf with a smile, "Thank you for that." She replied, "you really didn't have to help me, but I'm glad you did."

Crystal smiled as she watched, "I have an idea." She suddenly said, turning to Tengu. "He's the tough, protective type I see. That means he's not going to refuse protecting Red, right? You and me will act like we have to go somewhere else and we'll get him to take her home to protect her while they are walking. He'll do that right?"

Wolf said nothing, the tail behind him flicking in indication for them to hurry up before he made them go faster. His gaze lazily followed the group as they walked away from them and out of the sweets shop before returning to Red when the blonde began to speak. "You don't need to thank me." He responded, "It's what I'm supposed to do." Wolf was born to protect those who couldn't do it themselves.

"And pray tell would that be?" Tengu questioned, pulling his hand away and then taking a seat back down. "That's scratching the service." Deadly was more like it but he nodded. "Hm....he'll seem reluctant at first but Wolf will probably accept it." He agreed, thinking about it for a few moments and then nodding again. "Right."

"No one's supposed to do anything." Red replied, "Only what they want, so thank you, really." She walked away from him to use the bathroom like she wanted to, then headed back to the table when she was finished, taking a seat again.

Crystal smiled at Tengu, then when her friend finally came back, she flipped out her phone. "Sorry Red, but it seems my mom wants me to pick something up for her and I'm going to need some help, so Tengu offered to help me. I'm going to have to head out, so I can't walk home with you. But, oh, I'm worried. I mean, after those few guys who else might try and do something to you while you're walking home?"

That was easy for her to say, Red was human and could do anything she wanted. Wolf was..well, a wolf, one of the most hated hybrids in the world so his options were severely limited. Not saying anything else, he simply turned away and went back to the table, taking a seat before going back to chowing down on his food.

Tengu smiled back before finishing up his desserts and then drinks, wiping his mouth with a napkin while Crystal explained everything. "Sorry Wolf, we'll have to go to that store another time. I'll be back at my place for a bit." He told his friend before raising a brow at Crystal, acting as if he had gotten a very good idea. "Why not have Wolf go, you saw how those guys easily ran off after getting one look from he; the guy practically radiates 'back off or I'll kill you'."

Crystal looked over at Tengu, nodding. "Yeah! That could work! Wolf, no one would do anything to Red if you were with her. What do you think?" She then said, looking over at Wolf. "I mean, you wouldn't want her to have something happen to her while she's trying to get home." She thought that she might be able to convince him if she was using Red.

"Really, it's fine. I'll be fine." Red replied, "I'm not a little girl. I can handle walking home by myself. After all, you know that I always go to my grandmothers house on my own." They didn't know yet, but Red's grandmother was in the woods. She wasn't going to mention that to them though.

Wolf snorted at Tengu's comment, while it was true, the hybrid was still tempted to slap the other upside is head or make him go flying. Then his eyes narrowed at Crystal when she began to talk and asked him, obviously saying no from the expression on his face. But with the second half a slightly growl/annoyed sound left his throat. "Fine."

"Sorry, Red, it's too late now." Tengu grinned, raising himself up to a standing position and took a step away from the table. "Once Wolf's made up his mind, there's no stopping him." Then he looked at Crystal and offered her his arm with a cheeky smirk. "Shall we be off milady?"

"Of course." Crystal said, standing up and taking Tengu's arms. "Bye Red, see you tomorrow at school." She said an with that started walking to the door with Tengu and out of the shop. "Hopefully, something will happen between them while we're away." She said.

Red sighed, "I'm sorry about that. You really don't have to walk me home, you've already done so much." She said, taking some money out to pay for her and Crystal's food that they had eaten. "I mean, you came with us when you really didn't want to and you helped me with those guys. I can walk home by myself, I don't want to trouble you."

"Cya at my place, Wolf." Tengu grinned, raising a hand in farewell with a mischievous wink. "Play nice." That got a threatening growl from the other as they left the shop and he chuckled while nodding his head. "So do I, they're complete opposites but surprisingly seem like they'd work."

Wolf sighed, combing a hand through his hair while looking at the window and to Red; his storm grey eyes watching her. "It's fine, I already told them I would." His kind never went back on their words, even if sometimes they would have liked to. "I doubt it's anymore trouble than what that idiot puts me through constantly."

"Okay." Red replied, finishing up paying. "Then, why don't we get going." She stood up and started to head for the door. He was kind to help her, even if he really didn't want to. It was their friends fault and he really didn't have to, but he was anyway and that was impressive to Red. She walked out of the sweet shop, with Wolf, heading sown the street where her house was. Though, she didn't know what to say to him.

Pulling out his wallet, Wolf put down some money for his and Tengu's desserts along with the tip for their waitress. Then sliding the wallet back in he nodded and then moved to follow after her. Keeping the door open with his tail as they left before closing it and sliding both hands into his pockets. Wolf was used to this kind of silence so it really didn't bug him as they contuined along with nothing to say.

Red felt a bit strange though, she didn't want to have nothing to say to him, but she didn't know what he would want to talk about or if he would even want to. Just then, a gust of wind began to blow quite hard and Red's blonde hair started to fly every which way. She quickly placed her hand onto her hair and tried to get it to stay in place, starting to let out a little laugh. "I guess you can't help what hair does, huh? Wind is wind." She said, getting a light blush on her cheeks, a bit embarrassed.

Wolf yawned, covering his mouth with a hand before sliding it back into his pocket, then also shot glares at a few other males now and then that thought they could get lucky. Detestable, he really hated guys who would go after a girl when she was with one already. Feeling something tickle his nose Wolf took a step back as his nostrils twitched and he looked up to see Red; his heart nearly stopping. She was cu..shut up, the hybrid quickly shook the thought out of his mind. "It looks that way." Taking a step forward, taking ahold of her hair with a surprisingly delicate grasp, he then started to grab the other strands that were blowing around and return to the one he was holding. The corners of his lips arching slightly in an almost hidden smile of amusement as his eyes seemed to lighten up.

Red let out another giggle, "Thank you." She said as he was helping her with trying to control her long blonde hair in the wind. Eventually, the wind decided to take a break and her hair slowly went back to fall along her shoulders and back. She laughed just a bit more, then gave Wolf a cheerful smile. "It happens all the time. Let's keep going." She said, starting to walk again.

Wolf merely nodded, continuing to hold Red's hair for her until the wind finally stopped and he could let go. His tail flicking slightly to the side he slid both hands into his pocket, seeming slightly curious when she laughed before the expression faded and once again became neutral. "Okay." Following after Red when she began to walk, Wolf glanced around for a moment before looking at her back.

Red continued along the streets, noticing that the street lights around them were starting to come on as well as other lights in the town. The sun was starting to go down causing the sunset to look like a orange red color. She smiled as she looked at it, she looked the color red. It was such a beautiful color. The light from the sunset was shining on her face, lighting it up.

A grey-eyed gaze turning to the sky, Wolf took in all the colors and engraved them to memory incase he ever wanted to paint this when he had time. Then looking back over, his eyes widened slightly when looking at Red's face; causing his heart to skip a step. Because of how monotone his eyes were, they seemed to mimic the sky's coloration as he stared at her, his ears perked up curiously as his tail stopped moving.

Red thought she caught Wolf looking over at her from the corner of her eye. She looked over at him to see that he was looking at her though her gaze went to his eyes. She smiled, "Wolf...your eyes look so beautiful in this light." She said to him, blushing slightly. It was an embarrassing comment for her, but they were shining red and she loved it. As they continued they were coming closer to her home as the towns buildings faded and more houses were around the area.

At hearing her words at sudden blush overtook Wolf's face as his ears lowered to press themselves against his skull, obviously embarrassed. What was with this girl, telling someone she barely knew that. "Thanks..." He replied, a smile somewhat appearing as he looked away from her for a moment but looked back. "You're hair looks nice in this light." Wolf then admitted to Red before looking forward again, noticing the change in their surroundings the further they walked.

Red was a bit surprised that Wolf gave her a compliment back. "Thank you." She said, with a light pink blush still on her face thanks to him. She looked forward again, quieting down again until they had finally made it to her house. She stopped in front of the house. "Well, this is me, so thank you for walking me home. It was very nice of you and I liked when we were talking together. I hope we can spend some more time together, your such a great guy."

Wolf nodded, his tail flicking again as the ears returned to normal. But noticing her blush from the corner of his eye, he contuined to look forward as to not cause anything else to happen. That's when she stopped and Wolf did as well then glanced at the house for resting his attention back on Red. She was kind of wrong, Wolf really wasn't a great guy like she thought. "You're welcome. We go to the same school and have some classes together, it's bound to happen." Turning away from her, he began walking back the way they came, raising his hand slightly, "Cya."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back