Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZhongLiong

Original poster
A group of adventurers travels through a forest, and unbeknownst to them a god is watching. He has chosen them for a quest, a game, and steals them away from their home world, placing them in one with some creatures very different from the ones they know, yet there is still much that is similar. They must follow the clues this god leaves, and when the game is over, they will be allowed to return home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The races I am allowing are high fantasy - elf, dwarf, human, gnome, and halfling. Classes are likewise - fighter, cleric, rogue, and mage archetypes. Each of the classes has their subcategories, like priest and druid are both clerics. I will allow multi-classing, as well as cross-breeds, but please don't get too crazy with it. Also, I want the characters to be friends, a group that has gone on a few adventures together already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
World Info | In-Character | Character Dump | Interest Check

Last edited by a moderator:
WOOHOO! 0 WAITS!

So, if no one will post soon, I'm going to beat Kage until he does it. If you do not want Kage beaten then one of you should post. JK, I won't really beat him. Nue is excluded because co-GM.

I want this in three days, please.

So, if no one will post soon, I'm going to beat Kage until he does it. If you do not want Kage beaten then one of you should post. JK, I won't really beat him. Nue is excluded because co-GM.

I want this in three days, please.
WOOHOO! SPRING BREAK!!

WTF? Are you in the southern hemisphere, @Nue ? Because summer is drawing to a close where I am.

no, no, it's a euphemism, I'm actually going back to school! yey

Last edited:
Sorry, just a question, would you prefer us to have us do the in-character in first person or is third person alright?

I'm sorry for the delay in responding, @Derelict Nebula I had an arm injury at work. Nothing too serious, just a strain in my left forearm, but I have a 5lb weight limit with no repetitive motion or twisting allowed. Been figuring out how to deal with day-to-day life with that.

BTW: Third person is easier.

---------

And I see that I really do need to beat @KageKaioh to post, but for the opposite of the threat. Hah. Once he posts I will detail the response from the creatures and add more environmental detail as well.

P.S. the language for humans is usually deemed as common, so Evan might have actually been confused about Lynissa responding in gnomish at first. Each of your characters heard their native tongue, so the elves heard elvish, Lynissa heard gnomish, Evan would hear common, and Feyruz... yes? Mixed breeds tend to grow up with all the languages spoken in the household...

Oh, and he's actually the product of a dnd campaign. That's why I allowed the tri-racial blend. I actually prompted him to do it when I was in one of my moods.

Shush, I posted.

Just so the rest of you know, I am having issues with my internal organs and will be having surgery sometime in the very near future. Things may be spotty for a bit, but I will do my best to keep up with the rp.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that... I hope your operation goes well though!

@the.complex-of-constellations I did not see this until now, but I assure you I will be fine. I bounce back pretty fast from injury and illness. The worst part is just waiting to find out when the surgery will be.

Oh, @Derelict Nebula I forgot to let you know that Palor can't reach Evan here... I don't know if you guessed at that or not already, the bit in your post could be read either as he didn't get a response because no evil or because no connection. Either way, the rings are perfectly benign. He still gets the basic granted powers of paladin-ship, but the actual spells are unavailable. That is, unless Evan is willing to ask a different deity for help while on Retha. There is one who would accept him gladly.

Okay, that's cool. I left it kind of vague because I didn't want to assume too much. Do you mean that the granted abilities that have functions as spells are not available in addition to the spell list? Because detecting evil is a granted ability?
As for the other deity, I'd have to see how the rp plays out, Evan isn't going to ask for another deity's help easily.

He literally has only the granted ability list. The lack of denotation as to whether the rings were evil or not is because they weren't. He will still be able to tell that. However, the first time he tries to use one of the spells it will sputter. Depending on my mood, you may hear a raven laughing.

Oh, and @the.complex-of-constellations I like Lynissa's pic. Though it seems very familiar, do you know where it's from?

So Lynissa is just waiting to see what's going to happen. Now I need to find out if Kage or I should post. He's told me that he's having trouble wording it.

Ok, @the.complex-of-constellations could you write up even just a short post about Lynissa's non-verbal reactions? Like, does she take a ring, her expressions, that stuff?

Kage's having a ton of trouble with wording his post, and I'm seriously considering just doing a short response about Evan's question.

I am very sorry for the wait, everyone. Some times my brain just does not translate my thoughts and ideas to English well. I will try again tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.