Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZhongLiong

Original poster
A group of adventurers travels through a forest, and unbeknownst to them a god is watching. He has chosen them for a quest, a game, and steals them away from their home world, placing them in one with some creatures very different from the ones they know, yet there is still much that is similar. They must follow the clues this god leaves, and when the game is over, they will be allowed to return home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The races I am allowing are high fantasy - elf, dwarf, human, gnome, and halfling. Classes are likewise - fighter, cleric, rogue, and mage archetypes. Each of the classes has their subcategories, like priest and druid are both clerics. I will allow multi-classing, as well as cross-breeds, but please don't get too crazy with it. Also, I want the characters to be friends, a group that has gone on a few adventures together already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
World Info | In-Character | Character Dump | Interest Check

Last edited by a moderator:
Rules
~~~~~~~~~~

Follow all Iwaku rules (duh).

Romance is allowed, even with NPCs, but no crossing the redstar/bluestar boundary.

One on one with NPCs will be initiated in-character, then taken to PMs for privacy. If another character is eavesdropping, they will be brought into the PM, but are not allowed to post unless the character actually interrupts.

PC one on one will also be as above, with me being one of the members of the PM. I will not interfere, but do need to know what is going on with all the characters - I may need to bring something from that situation into the in-character at a later time.

No god-modding. Your character is not immortal, though I will deal with life-threatening wounds as I see fit.

Character death can only happen by player approval, and must be talked through with me first.

You MUST keep in mind that your characters only know what they have seen and been told about the world. I may be working on a world info dump, but that is for ease of sharing information.

There are times I will say your characters feel a certain thing or have the irresistable urge to do something out of character. This is because some monsters can do such things- like some dragons can create a aura of fear, making everything near them afraid, or some creatures are telepathic and attempt to control those around them. PLEASE respond with what I am doing, I will save your characters if things seem to get out of hand. I have backups set up already to save you guys.

I would like at minimum one post a week. Feel free to post more, but there has to be time allowed for other people to post, too. So please no running away with posting, either.

Minimum post length is a decent sized paragraph- enough for other people to respond and react to. On the other hand, please don't get too lengthy, either. Walls of text occasionally are ok, but please not every time.

Please let me know if you will not be able to post for a while, so I can puppet your character along if need be. I will only do this with consent, of course, but I would like to keep things moving for other players as well.

I will add to this as I see fit. If you have read these, give the post a hug.​

Post these in this thread so that I can approve them first. I will get the Character Dump up and functioning when I have a couple of applicants ready.

Class types:
FIGHTER - TYPE
Warrior, Ranger, or Paladin
MAGE - TYPE
Wizard (High magic-like fireballs), Witch (more like potion brewer)
ROGUE - TYPE
Thief, Bard (has minor magic)
CLERIC - TYPE
Priest, Druid

Character Sheet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name:
Race:
Weight:
Appearance: I like pictures. I would like a written description as well, though.

Class: Multi-classing allowed, no more than three.
Skills: Things like what style of fighting/spells, and general skills like cooking and sewing. Don't go overboard.
Gear: What are they carrying with them?
Weapons: What they can use, how well they can use it, and what they carry.
Armor: Leather, chain, plate, etc.

Personality: What are they like? You don't have to go into extreme detail, but a basic understanding of your character is what I'm looking for.
Hobbies and Interests:
History: Remember that I want everyone to already know each other and function as a team.

I think we have a good amount of people for a newbie GM. We need to work on characters and character relations within the player group. I want a group that's been together a little while, give the characters a reason to stick together.

I think we have a good amount of people for a newbie GM. We need to work on characters and character relations within the player group. I want a group that's been together a little while, give the characters a reason to stick together.
I'm thinking of a druid character. Hopefully will have that up tomorrow. For the magic-type characters, would you like a spell list of their spells? What level would you like to keep the spells capped at?

@Little Fox If you want, a spell list would be great, and if we're going DnD spells, how about up to level three? And for number of spells, how about five first level, three second and one or two third? And if you want, you can add to the classes. Like have a druid/ranger mix. They'd have the fighting capabilities of the ranger with the magics of the druid. Makes a good balance from what I've played in DnD.

@Little Fox If you want, a spell list would be great, and if we're going DnD spells, how about up to level three? And for number of spells, how about five first level, three second and one or two third? And if you want, you can add to the classes. Like have a druid/ranger mix. They'd have the fighting capabilities of the ranger with the magics of the druid. Makes a good balance from what I've played in DnD.
That's a big help! ^^ Thanks

No problem, glad to do so! I'm trying to give you enough to say you guys have been out in your world a little while, without making you toughened veterans. Think I'm doing ok?

Reactions: vulae
I think you're doing great ^^ I on the other hand, reLly need to do research lol I've never actually played dnd, had no one to play with. Total noob here ^^'

Just play this like any forum rp. I'm just using what I know to make a basis to build from. You don't have to go with DnD spells.

• Thank You
Reactions: vulae
Okay, I'm planning on making a Thief/Witch gnome, would it be too rp-break-y if the majority of her potions are offensively oriented? Like, she throws a potion bottle, it breaks, stuff goes up in flames/frosts over/gets splashed with acid/gets entangled in vines/etc?

@the.complex-of-constellations Not rp-breaky at all. That's actually a very ingenious way to use the witch class, I think. There should be a limit on how many types she can make, and how many she can carry at one time, though. I mean, where would you carry twenty bottles of fire? So we need to come up with something reasonable, based on size of bottle and what she is carrying them with. Also, it just occurred to me that there is a risk of breakage if she gets hit, so we have to keep that in mind. Also, we need to figure out what ingredients she needs to make them. Most of the plant life on Retha is the same as Earth/home-world, so she'll just need to make sure it's the same plant.

why is this Rp's sign-ups closed, btw?

@the.complex-of-constellations Not rp-breaky at all. That's actually a very ingenious way to use the witch class, I think. There should be a limit on how many types she can make, and how many she can carry at one time, though. I mean, where would you carry twenty bottles of fire? So we need to come up with something reasonable, based on size of bottle and what she is carrying them with. Also, it just occurred to me that there is a risk of breakage if she gets hit, so we have to keep that in mind. Also, we need to figure out what ingredients she needs to make them. Most of the plant life on Retha is the same as Earth/home-world, so she'll just need to make sure it's the same plant.

Awesome. Though I think if all our characters have a history then the types of potions will depend on the rest of the party. @Little Fox are you planning on having any healing magic? Is anyone else planning a character of the Cleric type? It's likely her potion set will change slightly as other character sheets are added for party synergy.

Awesome. Though I think if all our characters have a history then the types of potions will depend on the rest of the party. @Little Fox are you planning on having any healing magic? Is anyone else planning a character of the Cleric type? It's likely her potion set will change slightly as other character sheets are added for party synergy.
I'm thinking of making an Elf Ranger ^^' Focused more on melee fighting and environmental usage to attack rather than Magic. If that helps you at all ^^' I know, weird for an elf to focus more on fighting than magic but I think it's a nice twist ^^

@Nue I closed the signups because I decided four players and a co-gm was probably a better idea than five or six players. The number of characters will just be whatever people are willing to play.

@the.complex-of-constellations That's fine, I'm not asking for a finished character right this second! I know that it will be work to balance out the party. It was more to give you an idea of what you need to think of.

@Little Fox Ranger fits elves nicely, too. I'll remind you that multi-classing helps round out a character's skills and abilities, but you don't have to if you don't want to.

@Little Fox Ranger fits elves nicely, too. I'll remind you that multi-classing helps round out a character's skills and abilities, but you don't have to if you don't want to.

@vulae I think this is yours?

Also I'm thinking maybe 9-10 types of potions total (same as the number of spells in the spell list given earlier) but 2-4 large bottles can be carried at one time for combat/encounter purposes and possibly vials (not sure how many) for out of combat with more limited effects.

@vulae I think this is yours?

Also I'm thinking maybe 9-10 types of potions total (same as the number of spells in the spell list given earlier) but 2-4 large bottles can be carried at one time for combat/encounter purposes and possibly vials (not sure how many) for out of combat with more limited effects.
lol definitely meant for me XD But I can get the mix up ^^ After all, Vulae is short for Vulepecula, the fox constellation ^^ Thanks for letting me know! My alerts have been a bit faulty

Status
Not open for further replies.