• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZhongLiong

Original poster
A group of adventurers travels through a forest, and unbeknownst to them a god is watching. He has chosen them for a quest, a game, and steals them away from their home world, placing them in one with some creatures very different from the ones they know, yet there is still much that is similar. They must follow the clues this god leaves, and when the game is over, they will be allowed to return home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The races I am allowing are high fantasy - elf, dwarf, human, gnome, and halfling. Classes are likewise - fighter, cleric, rogue, and mage archetypes. Each of the classes has their subcategories, like priest and druid are both clerics. I will allow multi-classing, as well as cross-breeds, but please don't get too crazy with it. Also, I want the characters to be friends, a group that has gone on a few adventures together already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
World Info | In-Character | Character Dump | Interest Check

Last edited by a moderator:
Great! Thanks! Should I post Evan in the character thread then?

Kage, you're good to put them in the Character Dump!

Doing some research, the smallest bag of holding actually weighs 15lbs and can hold 250lbs or 30 cubic feet. Oops. You got this too, @the.complex-of-constellations

Holy crap, I can fit... just my crossbow in there, I guess? XD I'd ask for two bags of holding, but it might actually be better narratively to restrict the rest of what Lynissa'a carrying? Six potion bottles on her belt, four more empty bottles in a regular bag, eight vial potions (I can lessen these numbers, of course), ... six vials in the bag? Plus her forgery kit, sewing kit, thieves' tools, possibly a couple of herb pouches, and maybe an extra couple of knives. Maybe. And then a single-charge-per-day amulet/talisman of some sort.

... Or two bags of holding. >~<

Nothing sharp can go in a bag of holding- if it gets punctured, all of the contents are shot at high velocity into the astral plane, making that place a nightmare for the creatures native to it. And anyone else that makes it there. So be careful what you put in there!

Anyway, what kind of amulet had you been thinking? And a crossbow would likely have a strap for you to sling it over your shoulder for carrying.

Oops, we must have posted at the same time, @Derelict Nebula You are good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
My three are up in the character dump, and Amir and Sadiya have images! Fayruz is roughly half done, and I am procrastinating on the map.

Shush, you'll get your damn map.

Oh, and by the way, I still exist, I'm just playing with some strings from behind this bush over here! Don't worry tho,we have planned for very ebil things to happen to your group! *evil laughing*

• Love
Reactions: KageKaioh
Oh, and by the way, I still exist, I'm just playing with some strings from behind this bush over here! Don't worry tho,we have planned for very ebil things to happen to your group! *evil laughing*

Oh, I'm excited.

And a crossbow would likely have a strap for you to sling it over your shoulder for carrying.

I'm mostly concerned about the weight in comparison to Lynissa's weight and lack of muscle, though I guess I could write it off as being gnome-modified in some way to address that (as well as repeated reloading and the muscle it would take to do that). More reasons why they don't like to fight.

Nothing sharp can go in a bag of holding- if it gets punctured, all of the contents are shot at high velocity into the astral plane, making that place a nightmare for the creatures native to it. And anyone else that makes it there. So be careful what you put in there!

... And now they have to be careful with broken bottles and crossbow bolts—wait, they're aware of that? ... though that's fair, they can just have a belt pouch spot for bolts. Utility belts, everyone. I'll fix up an actual Gear section for Lynissa today.

Anyway, what kind of amulet had you been thinking?

Ah... here I'm not sure. Possibly a one-use teleportation amulet that only transports her. I'm thinking she wouldn't have been able to use it in her undercover mission, either because she couldn't bring any magic items with her, of because she didn't have it yet.

Fayruz's image is up in the character dump, so now I have no choice but to work on the map.

@the.complex-of-constellations She could have hand-crossbows instead of a full-size. They will not have as much punch, but would require far less strength to reload and weigh less. As for the amulet, there is no actual D&D amulet that allows teleportation, the closest is the Amulet of the Planes, but it is a highly dangerous and powerful item. The next best thing I could suggest a cloak of displacement, which makes you hard to hit (but is a rare item, so Zhong may not allow it). Another suggestion is a robe of blending. It makes one blend into natural surroundings, virtually unseen so long as you do not move.

Of course, Zhong may just allow you to invent such an amulet.

Fayruz's image is up in the character dump, so now I have no choice but to work on the map.

@the.complex-of-constellations She could have hand-crossbows instead of a full-size. They will not have as much punch, but would require far less strength to reload and weigh less. As for the amulet, there is no actual D&D amulet that allows teleportation, the closest is the Amulet of the Planes, but it is a highly dangerous and powerful item. The next best thing I could suggest a cloak of displacement, which makes you hard to hit (but is a rare item, so Zhong may not allow it). Another suggestion is a robe of blending. It makes one blend into natural surroundings, virtually unseen so long as you do not move.

Of course, Zhong may just allow you to invent such an amulet.

Yeah, I was thinking about hand crossbows... I mean, she's using them primarily to shoot potion bottles before people. So long as no one rags on her for being useless in a fight then I might go with that.

As for the robe of blending... it's not exactly her style, seeing as in her mind her gnome-ness should be enough to stay out of sight and therefore trouble, but I can see it being a gift from another gnome and her choosing to keep it in case she gets too cocky. I might go with that, too. Thanks for the suggestions, actually. @ZhongLiong thoughts?

I will allow for a robe of blending. Teleportation is a tricky business- if you get even the smallest detail wrong in picturing the place you want to go, then you have a chance of ending up a permanent wall fixture. That was very much impressed upon me by my old GM and a DnD movie I saw. So let's try to stay away from that, yeah?

Oh, @vulae Are you still with us? I think you're the only one who hasn't posted a character for approval.

Reactions: KageKaioh
Added a preliminary gear section, working on allotting space in that bag of holding of hers.

I want to be, but sadly life has gotten a little too much at the moment ^^' I'm going to have to drop. I'm sorry... I'm really interested in this, but until my life cools down I can't do much outside of it.

I want to be, but sadly life has gotten a little too much at the moment ^^' I'm going to have to drop. I'm sorry... I'm really interested in this, but until my life cools down I can't do much outside of it.

*hugs* Take care of yourself, okay? No worries. Life gets the best of us all sometimes, but you'll be okay.

Reactions: vulae
Well, then, it looks like complex is the only one who needs to finish. Then we can get started.

The other thing we need to do is figure out how Evan and Fay met up with Lyn and the twins.

I was thinking Fay joined everyone last, as he makes a habit of tagging along with other groups for safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.