Theresa smiled as even Chastianna went to eat. The pies were still baking however, and she remained in the kitchen, keeping watch as the crusts bubbled and formed, the smells were intoxicating to be sure, and she knew they'd be perfect when the timer went off for her to pull them out and let them cool down.

Gavin noticed Allin too and worried about the poor kid. Ginnia was definitely attentive to him, and Mickey. So he smiled a little then nodded to Lazar.. "Any way we could all learn sign language for Allin's benefit?" He asked casually, wanting very much for the kid to be able to have as much normal life as he could, despite the lack of a voice.

Ginnia agreed with Billy and ate plenty of the delightful supper. But she absolutely was saving room for desert and did not have seconds. Most of the kids knew their own stomachs, and also ate lightly, for the sake of not having any oopsies or other unpleasant scenes later on. They did however thank Chastianna, Gavin and Theresa for all the good food.

Aria smiled a bit.."I think he gets lonely, even with other people's company sometimes... and feels that no one understands him completely.. So his defense is to push people away when he can't always explain or show his feelings. I can kind of understand that habit.." She admitted, eating her mashed potatoes and meatloaf. She saw Allin reach to refill his glass of water, and she went ahead and did that. His smile was sweet, and she nodded that it was okay. "I think Ellisar needs a girlfriend.." She said outloud, only after looking to make sure he wasn't already there.

Claire enjoyed snuggling with Rook no matter what form he was in and smiled.. "I am definitely warm, Rook...you're better than a tent or sleeping bag." She assured him, happy to be able to be so close to his human form again. "Love you.... night Rook...sleep good.." She said sleepily, closing her eyes. She slid into uneasy dreams...~

Chastianna smiled at Gavin, "That's a really good idea...Maybe we should have the healers check him first though?" She could smell the pies and she left a bit of her food on the plate so she'd have room to enjoy that pie. He laid her head on Gavin's shoulder, "He's just so cute though..." she smiled looking at Allin. She smiled at the kids, "You're all very welcome. I'm so glad you liked it."

Aldin frowned, "Hmm...not a lot of available women around that I've seen." he said soberly. "But...I have always believed that there is a perfect someone for everyone...somewhere in the world." He smiled at her, "And some people are lucky enough to find them."

Lazar tipped his head and then nodded to Chastianna. "Definitely have the healers check him first. It may be something simple to correct. If not, we can find other ways for him to communicate." He slipped his arm around the back of Tamsin's chair and have her neck a light brush of his fingertips. "It's nice to have little ones in the palace again though...none of us will bored for a long time I don't think."

Rook smiled and cuddled her, "Good...now sleep...tomorrow is going to be another long day."

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Gavin nodded. "Of course... should we take him to Laurana? I know she's been stuck on bed-rest this whole time... Theresa, have you seen her much?" He asked, a bit worried. Theresa nodded. "Of course- she's either taking care of Lauden, or resting.. She misses Caden though and this pregnancy is definitely taking up more of her reserves than usual. She is.. struggling, but she's strong and won't admit it." She said, shaking her head as she soon brought out the delicious pies after clearing away the dishes of supper. She put all the leftovers away, and let them have at the pie as they wanted to. There were over fifteen pies, so surely everyone would get fair shares.~

Aria was definitely hopeful for Ellisar. "Well there's more people coming back here from the villages, so who knows?" She thanked Theresa as well, and helped herself to the delightful chocolate mousse pie. It smelled and looked heavenly, and tasted even better. The kids had definitely eaten their supper, but sparingly, knowing this was the best part! No one would leave the table hungry, for sure.

Tamsin herself enjoyed the lemon pie best, and teasingly put a piece to Lazar's mouth.. "You definitely need something sweet, especially if you're going to teach this many kids anything. And yes, we'll definitely have plenty of things to do now... We'll need to think of fun games too." She added, trying to remember if she'd saved any of her childhood board games in her room.

Claire nuzzled Rook, and slept. Her dreams were of death encroaching the lands, one step ahead of everyone, with all of them being too slow to save anyone else.... and the poachers... somewhere more were hiding.. Thankfully, her dreams were probably just manifestations of everything she'd been trying to supress and not think about... Like she could ever escape it....

Chastianna looked undecided, "Ok we can take him but I don't want her to overdo anything...Caden would have our heads..." And that was their child she was struggling with, so her weakness was already their fault. "But maybe she can tell us what's wrong without doing anything?" she thought out loud. "And I bet she'd love to meet some of the kids.." Especially the ones that were going to be part of their family, she thought but said nothing until things were finalized and she could officially tell Violet and Allin they had a new mommy and daddy.

Lazar smiled, "Theresa...my love..you are a godsend..." He was smacking his lips and taking in all the pies trying to decide what to try first. He had been flirting harmlessly with Theresa forever and he really was glad Jorga finally noticed how the woman doted on him extra hard. Took the man long enough, but at least he finally had. He cut a piece of the chocolate pie and set it on his plate and then looked at the kids, "What can I get you? Ginnia? Billy?"

Billy smiled, "Apple please." These people were being so good to all of them. This was a good thing, even though he wondered if the kids would miss the freedom of the forest and the carefree life they'd had. Even so, this was better. They would all learn far more here and be able to help Malthen Ana when they were grown.

Aldin took apple pie and a little piece of the lemon as well. "I couldn't decide..." he grinned. "That's true...maybe some women will come with the children..." NO telling at all who'd come back. "We'll take him dinner and pie...hopefully it'll help a little bit. Maybe we can tell him about all the kids and he can have inspiration for some new inventions too..."

Lazar flashed her a hurt expression, "Are you saying I'm not already sweet enough to teach children?" His lip poked out all pitifully. He took a huge bite of his pie though and the second it was in his mouth his eyes closed and he chewed it slowly, "Oh that is amazing..."

Xavier was on watched the first three hours of the night, and then Charlie relieved him and he crawled into his tent. After scanning the area he allowed himself to rest.

Gavin smiled. "After this lovely desert we'll bring the kids up to her, but if she's sleeping we're out of there... " He added. He had a feeling she was awake though.

Allin definitely wanted to meet this lady everyone was talking about. She sounded like she could fix anything!

Aria smiled at Aldin as she had one more piece of pie and then left the rest to everyone else. "Something tells me he might not want a lot of kids running around underfoot- but we can test the waters." She said with a grin.. Provoking Ellisar sometimes was a fun thing to do anyway...

Tamsin grinned at Lazar. "What? Of course you're sweet... I'm definitely the sour one that you have to watch out for." She chuckled, helping some of the smaller kids get the pies they wanted as well. She was always glad to tease Lazar though. The hour was growing late though, and she caught several kids yawning.. Mickey had fallen asleep right at the table next to Aria, his head right beside his empty plate! "Aww. So innocent when they're sleeping.." She sighed, dreaming of someday having a few babies of her own with Lazar... She wondered too, if that would be possible...

Easily Ginnia chose the chocolate, because it had been so long since she'd had sweets like this! She definitely enjoyed Theresa and Chastianna's cooking... She saw Mickey asleep though and then Aria, who had taken her plates, and several others' empty dishes, back to the sink and washed them herself, soon shifted cat form again and let Rebecca help Mickey sleep at her side until all the kids would probably be ready for bed. She didn't mind- wasn't like she had anything better to do! Mickey seemed to smile in his sleep.

As soon as Claire got more comfortable however, the dreams started fading out and she rested better, not even once opening her eyes until dawn.~

Mariana slept in the tent with Irena while Cain also kept watch over the camp. He wasn't tired and could stay awake many days if necessary.

Chastianna agreed and enjoyed her pie after helping all the kids get some. She'd chosen the apple and sliver of the chocolate. "They all look so good don't they kids?" She got a hearty round of nodding heads with full mouths and she chuckled. "I'll take that a a resounding yes..."

Everyone had their fill of pie and slowly left the table. Chastianna put the pies back on the kitchen counter that weren't gone and left them as treats for tomorrow. She went then and gathered all the kids up to go meet Lauranna, "Now kids...Lauranna just had a baby and she'd tired so no jumping around ok?" They all nodded and she took the hands of two of the smaller children, "Gavin can you get Mickey?" she asked and began to lead the way. She tapped lightly on Lauranna's door and heard a soft, 'come in' so she opened it and peeked inside, "Are you feeling up for a few little visitors?" she asked.

Aldin laughed, "Oh I didn't mean to take the kids down there, but maybe he will think of things the kids will need that will need built or created...I don't know what but his mind works differently than mine."

Lauranna had certainly been expecting to meet the kids sooner or later, and this was a perfect time, really. She smiled as the knock came, and when she let them enter, they all looked very happy and well fed! She grinned, seeing the kids were doing better already definitely warmed her heart. Even Aria was there with Aldin, and Gavin had Mickey in his arms, though the lad soon woke up upon seeing this new, beautiful room they were all in. Everyone saw the tiny infant Lauranna was settling down in his crib. Cora nudged Allin just a bit, and he stepped forward. She greeted Chastianna and everyone else, then knealt to Allin's level, her pale pink hair still in a neat braid. "Hi there... you can't speak? Mind if I examine you real quick?" She asked, not wanting to do too much without the youngster's permission. Aria helped keep the kids together but did not let them too near the baby's crib or to crowd Lauranna too much. Allin nodded and the woman made a motion to open his mouth wide, which he did! She used a small, but bright sphere of magic to see his tonsils and the back of his throat. She signed for him to close his mouth again and he did. She gazed at Chastianna and Gavin with sorrow.

"Those poachers have much to answer for... the arsenic took away his speech, the same way it had taken Claire's speech, hearing and eyesight... he is fortunate that's all the arsenic had been able to destroy, but I think I can restore his voice. It will take a lot, but I do not mind...You'll be able to speak very soon, okay Allin? I promise, I will undo this damage. But close your eyes." She added. She was aware of everyone's undivided attention and took a deep breath, placing a light, gentle hand on his shoulder. Her body and core glowed brilliant shades of pink, violet and silvery-gold, then dimmed gradually as the soothing magic went straight through Allin's small body, healing any traces of the remaining Arsenic poisoning or any other injuries he might have had. His voice came back full strength, and was probably a bit deeper than most young kids' because he'd not really spoken much even before the poisoning. "How do you feel now, Allin?" She asked, standing to her feet again, no longer glowing.

Everyone waited with their breaths held to see if Allin really had the full use of his voice again! That would be so amazing!

Chastianna hugged Lauranna and then went to peek at her little nephew. "He's so beautiful Lauranna..." She said and then watched her sister check over Allin. Arsenic. what kind of monsters were these men? "Be careful Sister...don't tired yourself too much..."

Allin watched the lady and did everything she asked, opening his mouth and then closing it again. She looked really sad and he thought that she wasn't going to be able to help him and his shoulders drooped a bit and his gaze fell to the floor, but then she said she was going to fix him and he looked back up at her, almost afraid to believe it. He felt warm all over and she was glowing brightly but it didn't feel like anything had changed, so he was afraid to try. He didn't want to disappoint the lady or anyone else. So he tried, "I don't feel..." he said and blinked when he realized he actually spoke. "I can talk..." Tears formed in his eyes and he flew into Lauranna's arms and hugged her so tight.

Chastianna's eyes were misty too. She moved over to Gavin and laid her head on his shoulder, "Oh Gavin...listen...it's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard." Her eyes met Lauranna's and she mouthed the words, 'Thank you' to her but did not say it out loud.

Aldin was helping Aria keep the kids occupied with a few simple magic tricks that he could do now. Changing a coin into a feather and then into a marble and so on. He heard the boy speak and smiled. He still wasn't used to the healing magic that Lauranna and Caden could perform. He hadn't seen anyone else heal that he could remember, but it awed him.

• Love
Lauranna smiled reassuringly at Chastianna and Gavin, hugging them both tightly back. "I'm alright, really. I will rest and use no more energy after this." She told them as she held Allin gently in her arms, letting him receive the comfort he needed after finally getting to talk again. It must have been horrible for the small boy, not to be able to vocalize or talk with his friends. She was very glad that he could now, and have a normal, happy life. "You will be alright now, Allin." She promised, her own eyes misting over with gratitude that her powers could still help so many. If Caden got angry for her using them, well hah- he was not here to scold her. And she was careful. So far the use of this magic hadn't upset Chastianna's baby at all.

Gavin was definitely impressed and so happy that Allin was speaking again! He shook his head at Laurana and mouthed "Miracle Worker" At her, which she just smiled at. No miracles, just blessed with magic and she would always share it when she could!

Aria hadn't seen such healing before either, and soon other kids were hugging Lauranna too, and she received each child, gladly giving them comfort that they needed. There was no filter on her love, especially for children apparently!

"While you're all in here, is anyone else in need of anything?" She asked smiling. She let Allin hug her as long as he wanted to. He could probably feel the baby swimming a bit in her stomach, but the child she carried was easy-tempered and not at all fussy. A bit straining on her heat reserves, and she sometimes felt anemic, but really, she was doing fine. She never minded helping when she was able to, it was the best part of being able to heal, and gave her self-doubts a little less strength the more she could do for others.

Last edited:
Chastianna smiled and hugged her sister. "Do you need anything?" she asked, "We had pie for dessert....would you like me to bring some up to you? It was AMAZING! Apple, lemon or chocolate mousse."

Allin held her for a bit longer and then smiled and kissed her cheek before he scooted away and went over to the other children to watch the magic Aldin was doing. He sat next to Violet and leaned in to say something to her. "I can talk Vi...now you won't have to figure out what I mean all the time."

Violet hugged him, "I know!" she beamed, "I missed you. I mean you were right there but I missed talking to you."

Allin smiled as he hugged her back, "Me too VI...me too."

It wasn't long though until the children were yawning and fighting to stay alert. Chastianna smiled, "I think it's time for everyone to get to their bedrooms, brush their teeth and put on their pajamas for bed." She said with a motherly smile.

Aldin turned the blob of clay back into a coin and slipped it into his pocket to a chorus of groans and 'noooo' from the children, "We can play again tomorrow," he promised, "Neither of us are going anywhere. But, children need rest to be strong and healthy....so...off you go."

Laurana laughed at the mention of pie.. "Oh a pie.. I haven't had that in such a long time...Chocolate mousse please. That sounds best. And maybe a lemon slice too? This kid definitely likes her sweets." She said winking at Chastianna. She watched her half sister, Gavin, and Aria usher the kids out. "Thanks, sis, please bring them back any time they need anything." Lauranna told Chastianna. She smiled at Allin. "You're voice is nice to listen to. You're a brave lad." She added, watching him catch up to Violet and the others. Ginnia wandered out last, still in awe as well. "Wow.. I can see why there was a commotion over you and Caden... how are your babies? Are they okay?" She asked, knowing she was taking care of two infants now, instead of just one! Lauranna grinned. "Just fine, Ginnia. Lauden's a sound sleeper, and this little one, hasn't been much trouble." She added. Ginnia smiled and hurried to catch up to the others as they all wandered back downstairs.

Tamsin and Theresa were still down at the table, cleaning up all the leftovers. But Theresa brought out a plate of lemon and chocolate mousse pies just for Lauranna. "She's definitely going to be glad for the extra company I think." Theresa said smiling. "I'll bring it to her, Chastianna. You've got your hands full bringing these kiddos to bed time." She grinned, and went upstairs, knocking on the door. Lauranna was back in bed, a bit chilled for some reason. "Those look fantastic. Thank you Theresa, and dinner was fantastic too." She added, reassuring the woman that yes she was definitely eating properly. "Yes, good. It's great to have extra help in the kitchen. You look cold, Lauranna, are you sure you're alright?" Theresa added, feeling her forehead. Icy. . .not a good sign. Lauranna shook her head. "it's fine.. No worries. I'll just stay under the blankets a while." She added. Theresa nodded, then took the empty dinner dishes, leaving the pie plates and glass of tea there. "Alright. You just rest now." Theresa said and left. Lauranna thanked her, and did just that. Resting right after taking care of Lauden's needs as he woke up crying, then settled fairly easily after she fed him. She soon felt exhausted, and went right to sleep that night

The next morning, the halls were full of the sounds of activity and children's laughter. Chastianna and Gavin were luckily awake before the children and managed to get them all dressed and ready to face another day and the whole group was presented at the breakfast table promptly at eight as Theresa preferred. "Good morning Theresa, " she smiled, "I hope you slept well." she hadn't been able to help with breakfast, but she wanted her to know she was available, "I can help with lunch and supper...breakfast is going to be a bit impossible at the moment."

Aldin awoke the next morning and saw the food and pie they'd brought down was not touched at all. He furrowed his brow and went looking for Ellisar. He found him working on his fan machines, "Ellisar?"

Ellisar looked up for only a second, "Oh...is it morning?" he asked absently.

"Yes it is...you didn't eat..."

"Wasn't hungry, but thank you for bringing that...it was thoughtful of you." He was already back to the machine as he spoke.

"Are you coming up for breakfast? There are a lot of children in the palace. Orphans from the outlying villages...I bet they'd love your inventions."

Ellisar's head came up so quickly he bonked it on the support beam of the one he was building, "I don't invent for children..."

"I didn't say that..."

"But you said that children would love them...."

Aldin was confused, "Yes, because children are inquisitive and curious...and well...also...there is one small boy. Could you build something for him to sit in at the table? He..."

Ellisar lifted his eyes up and then grabbed a piece of wood and tossed it at Aldin. "You can use that...It should have enough mass...use your ability and change that into something that will hold him." And then he returned to his machine without another word.

Aldin looked at the wood and imagined a booster seat with a leather strap to hold it to the chair. He was frowning though when he made his way to Aria's room and tapped on the door. Something was definitely bothering Ellisar.

At the village Nevyn was the first awake and prepared breakfast for the entire village as was his normal practice. It was quite the undertaking this morning since this village was much larger than the others, but he was a master of this and had food rolling out incredibly fast and efficiently.

Xavier had his men up very early to begin loading the wagons and the tents, as well as see to any other minor tasks that needed done around the village. Jorga and Naild were enjoying breakfast and watching the people gather for the shared meal. Xavier stepped over to the two of them, "I have been scanning this village. I believe that man there," He pointed to a man who was approaching the food area with his wife and three children, "Would be the best man to represent this village."

Jorga nodded and nudged Naild's shoulder, "You're up Naild. Speak to the man."

Naild set down his plate of food which was mostly gone and stood to do so. He made his way over to them and extended his hand. "Good morning."

Finn shook the hand and smiled, "A good morning it is indeed." The youngest of his children a girl was clinging to her father's leg as she looked up at Naild.

"It is good to see everyone feeling well and looking so rested," Naild noted.

"It has been a terrible time these last few months," Finn confided, "We have been rationing food to be sure it would last..."

Naild lifted a brow, "And I would wager a guess that it was your idea and doing?"

Finn blushed a bit and his wife Poppy spoke up, "My Finn is the best man." She beamed, "He is always doing for everyone and makes sure everyone is taken care of as well." Finn hushed her though.

Naild shook his head, "I have heard the same from others," he said honestly. Naild hadn't been a bit surprised that Xavier found this man the one to be head of this village. "King Jorga would like to ask if you would be willing to be his Liason for this village. We have set Duncan as head of the village closet to the palace, and we would like you to be head here."

Finn was speechless, but his wife nudged him. "Of course, Sir. I would be honored. Forgive me but I do not know who you are."

Naild blinked, "Forgive me, my manners. I am Naild, Grandson of Keylen."

Finn looked at him closely and his eyes widened, "Praise the ancients...and will you accept the throne?"

"When I am fit to bear it, yes. I am learning, and it is my hope that you will be my eyes and ears here in this place. I want everyone to know the palace wants to hear and know of your needs and struggles. We are one, and I would not like anyone to ever doubt that again."

Finn smiled and pulled his wife close for a hug, "That is the best news I have had all year Sire."

"I am not Sire yet, but thank you for accepting. I will inform the king." He turned and left them then and returned to his breakfast, "He is honored to be of service Sire."

Jorga grinned, "I had no doubt." He could already see the people's hearts turning toward Naild. It would not be long until he was truly King.

Lauranna had felt sick all morning almost as soon as she woke up, and wasn't even able to eat breakfast at all. Sheesh. The kiddo had been fine all last night! "What's wrong, little one?" She asked, trying to figure out what was happening. She ate three times a day, healthy meals at that, and stayed in bed as much as she could stand to . .. she sighed, and simply did her best to endure the cold and ill feeling she had that morning.

Claire woke up at dawn, stretching, and let Rook catch up on sleep. She bounded lightly out of the cart, not even making a sound, as she wandered through the camp, helping with whatever was necessary, even helping Nyven with the breakfast preparations, and getting drinks to everyone who was thirsty. She stayed busy, as it helped clear her head. She did smile a bit at Niald's conversation with the man, Finn and his wife. He was getting along so well with the villagers! She knew her dad was happy about it as well.

Marianna and Irena were up already as well, checking provisions, making sure things had been fairly distributed, and seeing if anyone needed anything else. So far no one really needed too much after their houses had been visited. They were properly thanked however, and both girls smiled. Irena felt the land was definitely better. Much less restless or agitated, it had settled into its calm, stable self again, completely free of poison. It made her happy.

In the lab, Aria poked her head out, dressed in a silvery-green tunic and black slacks with casual sandals, she sighed, seeing Ellisar wasn't even eating and went over to hug him. "Come on Ellisar. . . what is truly plaguing you?" She asked, gazing in his eyes, her own full of concern and worry. She didn't want him to be so tense and unhappy... she wanted him to talk about his problems, at least this once...

Theresa smiled at Chastianna, waving a hand at her. "No problem... you guys have a full day ahead of you." She smiled, then finished serving the eggs, bacon, and toast to everyone. Allin's voice had been restored and she was impressed. "Lauranna is sick today- can't even eat. I'm going to try brewing a soothing tea.. one of you should probably go get Morden and Serena to see if we can't figure out these classes and school schedule." She added.. It would definitely help calm things down! She grinned though, relieved these kids were all back to their normal selves.~

Rook didn't sleep long once she was gone. Oddly enough it was the lack of heat leaving him that alerted him to her absence. He stretched and left the cart, but asking if he should leave the blankets in the back for those traveling back to the palace. Charles went to look at the cart and tipped his head, "I think we can take these blankets to the next village and put a few sleeping bags in here. I don't think we'll be spending another night away from the palace, though it's possible. Even so, we can do without if we must." Rook nodded and hopped up into the cart to fold the blankets and handed them down to Charles. "Here you go..." He said and then hopped down. He went then, to find Claire and grinned when he saw her busy helping and bustling around the small village like a busy bee. He grabbed a light breakfast, not feeling overly hungry yet and then started helping fix up the cart that was returning to the village so the nine children would be comfortable.

Xavier had his men moving quickly so they could get an early start for the next village. Seeing the difference a little time made in reaching these he felt an urgency to get to the last village as early as possible. He approached Caden and Claire, "We were you planning to fly ahead again?" he asked, "I only have two men to send with you." He said apologetically, "But Irena and Marianna could go on the dragons and be of help. We'll be about 4 hours getting there in the wagons with the last of the provisions."

Caden nodded, "The two men should be plenty of help, but if the ladies would like to come along as well that would be a help, especially if we have more children to deal with." He wasn't real happy with the number of orphans this whole fiasco had created, but he was glad they were out there to round them up and make sure they were properly taken care of instead of wandering the forest like animals.

Ellisar groaned when Aria hugged him. "Would you two stop fussing over me?" he begged, "I just want to work...there's nothing wrong."

Aldin had followed her to Ellisar and frowned, "Sorry but I don't believe you. When we all arrived you were vibrant and happy and energetic and now you aren't eating and you haven't come out of the lab for days. What's going on?"

Ellisar took off the odd glasses he was wearing that helped him see tiny parts of the machine and enabled him to calibrate things correctly, and laid them on the worktable. They weren't going to let this go so he faced them both and crossed his arms almost defiantly. "Listen, I appreciate your concern. I haven't been upstairs because frankly I don't like the crowd. I don't mind people, in fact, usually I like people but I'm feeling a bit cramped and invaded."

Aldin made a face at him, "The huge crowd at the square didn't bother you..."

Ellisar closed his eyes and lifted his face toward the ceiling for a second, "Fine...fine..." He threw up his hands in defeat, "There are too many lovey dovey goo goo eyed couples up there." That said he turned and grabbed his glassed intending to go back to work. To him, that was all that needed said but the other two were looking at him a bit oddly. "What?"

Aldin lifted a brow, "You aren't happy to see other people in love?"

Ellisar counted to five in his head rubbing his forehead with three fingers, "I am very happy for them. I'm elated that the palace is practically oozing with love and cuddling and everything else that goes along with it. Just loving it all...." Then his voice dropped to a barely audible whisper, "From the outside looking in."

Chastianna tipped her head a bit, "Are you sure?" she asked, "I really don't mind helping. I'm not sure how much good I'll do planning, that's not really my strongest area, but I"ll do whatever they need me to do. Tell me where to be and I'm there." She shrugged. "Just like helping you...give me the plan and the recipe and I'm off to the races, ask me to choose a menu and I'm crippled." she sighed a bit. "I'll check back though and make sure you don't need help. I think more children are coming today."

• Love
Claire didn't mind going ahead with Caden. "Sure, whatever helps save time." She agreed with Xavier as the last of morning chores and tasks were soon completed. She let Rook know of the plans and helped him with the cart as well, fixing the wheel that had seemed a bit low to her. She didn't like all the kids' situations either, and was trying her best not to become angry again but every time she saw that poacher, Louden, she wanted to hit him. Instead she ignored the man and kept going with whatever was needed. "Restrain me Rook.. I'm serious. I might fly off the handle if I see one more poacher in the next village.." She warned.

Marianna and Irena basically had nothing left to do since Claire had finished everything already! But they did help distribute breakfasts and clean up as well.

********************************************************************************************

Ellisar's words broke Aria's heart. How often had she felt that before Aldin lived with them? Too many times. She let go and went upstairs to see if Chastianna and Gavin needed help with the kiddos without a word to anyone. She saw they were still having breakfast, so she was glad to hug the ones that rushed at her and toussel their hair, and then help Theresa with all those dishes! They sure had a way of piling up!

Serena had gotten herself and Morden showered and dressed, and she had given him her lesson plans for the first days of school. Writing was a big thing at the top, and to check and see how far along the kids were with their reading as well. "I think we can cover math and science as soon as we're sure they have the knack for these subjects first... do you have a way of helping them learn their alphabets?" She asked, ready to help with whatever teaching things needed done! She was home schooled herself, and it wasn't bad.. just lonely, but the lessons had certainly stuck with her. "And we should wait til the other kids arrive too... don't want anyone left out or feeling they're behind." She added, focusing on one thing at a time as best she could. She was kind of excited to see where the kids were in their education levels.

Gavin laughed. "It's fine.. I plan on checking in with Lazar soon and seeing if he needs my help with any of his other plans.." He added casually. He wanted to make sure the environment would be perfectly safe so the evil hags couldn't attack the poor kids ever!

Last edited:
Rook nodded and went a ways out from the village and stripped out of his clothes and transformed into the black dragon. He led Claire' to the pile of clothes, thinking they needed a better system for that but not worrying about too much. He was ready *Are we taking Marianna and Irena?* he asked and looked over at Cain for his thought.

Caden was ready to go as well. He'd checked three people that morning, that had been really bad yesterday to be sure they didn't need anything additional this morning, but they all seemed to be doing so much better. Amazing what clean water and air would do for a person. "I'm ready to head out," he announced climbing up onto Cain, "Who's coming along?"

Charles climbed in as well as Nevyn. The last guard left sat on the cart that would be taking the kids back from this village. The nine were looking a bit unsure but excited at the same time. The guard, Jacob, got them all situated and gave instructions which they all listened to amazingly. He saluted Xavier and headed back to the palace. It would be a long day and they wouldn't arrive until dinner time, but he had lunches for them that Nevyn had made and water as well.

Jorga and Naild still shared a cart and Xavier drove the other one. They saluted Finn and the other villagers and then made for the next village.

Aldin watched Aria leave suddenly and frowned. He looked at Ellisar and shook his head, "Nice going Ellisar." he scolded, "I understand being alone in this group...I understand it hurts...Hell try watching someone you fell in love with happy with someone else." He huffed a bit, "You didn't have to be like that to Aria," he accused, "She was trying to help...there was no reason to be an ass to her." He turned on his heel then and left to find her and make sure she was ok.

Ellisar watched Aldin leave and once he was gone tears fell from his eyes. he felt bad about being so harsh with Aria. He knew she didn't deserve it. He knew neither of them deserved how he was treating them, but he felt so empty. his chances were all used up and gone, and he knew this would be his life forever...alone and watching other people build happy lives and it was crushing him.

Morden took the plans Serena had created and kissed her. "We can make flash cards and let them play some games to see what they know." he said. "We'll have to do a bit of assessment before we plunge in so we know where they are. Some of them might have been taught a bit...some nothing." He had no idea. "For today though...I think we should do something fun...and hold off on actual school things until all the children are here. They said 9 more will be here tonight and there is still one more village left." he was shaking his head at the loss of life they were finding. "Sick that someone has consciously chosen to do this to the villagers...black as the sisters ever were."

Chastianna was helping the children especially Mickey who needed a bit of help with the breakfast food. She saw Aria and smiled at the reception the woman was getting, "They sure love their big kitty." She smiled, "Good morning. You look lovely as usual."

Deep in the forest, not far from the last village was a grove of trees. A long figure stood over a cauldron adding ingredients into it to cast her spell and see what she needed to see. "Not long my sisters...not long at all....they are falling right into our trap."

• Love
Irena snorted as if they could leave her behind! "We're going too." She declared, practically dragging Marianna over to Cain. They climbed onto his back easily just as Claire gathered Rook's clothes into her bag, and made it to his saddle as well as Caden. "Ready when you guys are." She called. She smiled at Rook though. <We'll definitely have to figure something out about clothes- I think from now on we should always have a few days worth or at least several outfits handy just in case... would be awesome if you could flash into clothing though.. wonder if we could practice that later on.> She suggested, helpfully.

Serena agreed with Morden. "It's cruel.. I hate that so much of this has happened, but we'd better use caution as well, Morden. . .I have a weird feeling about the whole thing. I can't even put it into words, just ..something ominous." She confessed, sighing as she got to work on making flash cards of numbers, letters, and groups of small words for the kids to use and play with for the first few hours of schooling.

Aria definitely brightened considerably. She knew Ellisar wasn't trying to be hateful. They had been close friends at one point, but she did understand that all the couples and the mushy stuff really got to him. That was one reason she couldn't say anything. She felt how heart-sick he was becoming, and he was shutting her out, making sure to push her far away before he erupted from grief. She also figured Aldin was tearing him a new one for that mean streak he'd shown her, and though it made her really thankful he was defending her, she didn't feel she was worth fighting over. Even though everyone loved her shifting now, she still couldn't completely banish the echoing rage of her parents' anger at what she was. Still, it was a pretty day outside, and the kids were definitely in happy moods. She hugged them, and let them return to the breakfast table, helping Mickey and Allin who were the smallest so far. Everyone else seemed alright, Ginnia was helping another kid. "Thanks Chastianna. I love these kiddos too. So easy to get along with." She said, smiling. She banished her thoughts of Ellisar from her mind, and hoped he'd come around eventually. But she'd give him his space.. Maybe she could sleep on the roof or something tonight as a bird..? She hardly doubted there'd be too many more rooms for her to hide out in.

Lauranna meanwhile, felt herself sliding down a dark spiral. She felt so sick she stayed locked in the bathroom so no one could come in and see exactly how sick she was. Morning sickness hadn't been that bad with Lauden! So why was it so much stronger now? When she was finally done throwing up, she managed to magically clean the bathroom, herself, and brushed her teeth... She looked at her pale face, her darkened, shadowed eyes, and rinsed, then went back to bed after changing Lauden and making sure he was warm enough. "Love you little guy... mommy's trying to get through this...hang in there... hope Caden can get home soon..." She said, smiling as she tucked in her son. Then, she barely made it to the bed before collapsing there, shivering under the blankets and closing her eyes. She felt dizzy.

Caden and those that were flying ahead were in the sky shortly after breakfast and about twenty minutes later they were able to see the last village below and near the outer limits of the forest. Rook was the first to spiral down and landed just outside town. He shifted quickly and dressed faster, before Cain and the others landed. "I can't transform into clothing...but it sure would be handy." he said to Claire as he tugged up his pants and fastened them. He walked over to her and kissed her smiling, "But I'm glad I can be around you and be me...so I don't mind the inconvenience...we just need a better way for my clothes to get to you when I go dragon..."

Caden was grateful for Cain. He wanted to get this next village healed and get home to Lauranna. He was worried. She wasn't speaking to him anymore and that usually meant she was hiding something from him. he was off Cain's back as soon as they landed. He did take the time to help the ladies down, but then he was off toward town. He didn't even speak to Claire this time, he just pointed to where she was going and he headed to the other side. He didn't see anyone moving about, and that set off his high alert. It was well into the day, and no one was moving about....that meant...either no one was here....of they were all very sick. He tapped on the door of the first hut and no one answered so he opened the door. Inside were five people huddled on one bed under what appeared to be every blanket they owned. He could tell that one of them was dead. Stark white and eyes fixed on nothing, a man, maybe the eldest son? But there was an older man who was still breathing though he was rasping and struggling for air. The woman was pale and flushed with fever. There were two girls that appeared to be about 10 years old...twins it seemed that were doing ok, but they looked weak.

"Are you an angel," The one girl asked.

Caden shook his head, "Hardly. I am a healer. I'm here with King Jorga to help you." He worked on the father first, since he seemed to be the worst of them. His hands touched the man and they flared to life and soon both men were surrounded by a bright glowing bluish light. He moved then to the mother and did the same. He looked at the girls and smiled, "May I check you both?" he asked. "His hand went to the first girl's shoulder and found only a slight respiratory irritation and then checked the other girl. He found many of the same symptoms that Claire had suffered and healed her as well. "Have you been having trouble speaking?" he asked. The girl nodded, "You should be fine now."

The older man looked at Caden, "My son?"

"I'm sorry...I cannot help him. I cannot bring anyone back from the dead."

"He's not dead...he's just sleeping."

Caden frowned and to humor the man moved around to the other side of the bed and touched the other man and was shocked that his healing core flared to life and surged into the young man. He felt an odd pull at his core, but healed the man and then separated himself. He looked at the man and lifted a brow. "Who are you?"

"I am Jabin, this is my wife Haniah, my son Lowel and my daughters Mya and Maria."

Caden looked at Lowel, "Have you had contact with anyone?" he asked, "Someone not from Malthen Ana?"

"Just a woman who saw me picking berries and asked after my family. She gave me meat and bread ..."

Caden frowned, "How long ago was this?"

"Three days sir."

Caden left the hut without another word and went straight to Claire and Rook. "Wait Claire..." His face a mask of ice and fury. "There is someone here...or near here...who cast dark magic...dark core magic...time magic."

Rook frowned, "No...how?" he asked and was immediately in a defensive magical posture expecting his mother to attack him, or use his core to energize herself. "How did they find this place?"

Caden shook his head, "I have no idea who it is...can you sense your mother's presence?"

Rook reached out but found to trace of her, "No..can you?"

"No...which is almost more upsetting than the alternative. I find I prefer the enemy I know to the one I have yet to encounter." he sighed, "I'll go to this side now...but remember...if they are white and stiff and staring like they are dead...save them for me. I felt a powerful attack on my core while I healed the boy in the first hut, but my core was able to deflect it. It was looking for a golden...apparently whoever is doing this was not expecting me to be here."

Rook touched Caden sensing his core was already a bit low on energy and was right. "Let me know what you need a recharge...I have a feeling you'll need a few today."

Caden nodded, "So do I...at least this village is a little smaller than the last...something strange is going on though....be careful." Sadly though, what it lacked in actual houses it made up for in number of people per house, so the population wasn't much less than the last.

Xavier, Jorga and Naild headed out of the village a few minutes after the others flew off and started the four hour wagon journey to the next. Xavier was tired and ready for this to be over. There was a mess of details to handle back at the palace concerning all the orphaned children and even more about the new heads of the villages. Much planning and security to institute and he was thinking each village needed and deserved its own squad of guards to protect them. As he made plans he felt something niggling at the edges of his powers. He let them expand and he felt the presence of a dark core. It wasn't one of those he knew and had marked, but a different one. He focused his power on that core and felt a mental attack ensue, so he backed away and frowned. He'd never known anyone to have his type of power. How had she attacked him? He motioned for Jorga to come up beside him. "Someone is out here...a woman...dark core and she was able to repel my scan of her mind. She is not anyone I have ever encountered before..."

Hilda felt a scan of her mind and bristled. "So there's a psion here. That is annoying." She frowned and hoped one of the golden healers would soon get to the village and heal one of her special patients. She needed another link into the Palace. That Gavin fellow was too busy with the children. He was no use to her at all. Though he did say he was going to speak with Lazar about that perfect plan to use the links. All she needed was for them to open that gateway from this side and she'd have what she needed. "Not long now sisters and we will be united....and these will pay."

Morden nodded, "It is useless and cruel...I'm going to go have a talk with Nathan...will you be ok here?" He asked, "I think he'd be a good teacher...I want to run that by him."

Aldin came up behind aria and touched her shoulder, "Are you ok?" he asked softly, "He shouldn't have snapped at you like that." The kids were excited to see Aldin as well and the older ones ran over and hugged him as well. He smiled, "Good morning everyone. Did you sleep well?"

Ellisar looked at the machine and frowned. He had been working on this one machine since yesterday and was getting nowhere. He had no spark of inspiration, or creativity left in him. He was lost in the past and what was gone and he couldn't seem to pull himself out of it like he usually could.

• Love
Lauranna, though unconscious and dropping temperatures fast, as well as iron levels, sensed faintly, that Caden and the others could be in danger! She sat up, head still swirling, but she pushed it aside, and focused soley on Caden, Claire, and Rook, unable to sense Niald or Jorga or the others, she did attempt to send a wide-ranged shield around the entire group, hoping it would be enough to help protect them! She didn't like the feeling she had even as she struggled to wake up.

Claire smiled briefly at Rook, but then frowned at the thought of an enemy being close to them! "Be careful Rook. I don't want her near you if it is your mother." She warned, her energy rising a bit more as she went into the huts Caden pointed to. She knew he was very worried about Lauranna back home. She found kids, and a dead mother in one hut. She healed them all, then tallied those who had died. It stung her soul, seeing there were more children to take back to the palace. "I'm scared for them Rook..." She told him honestly, as she walked in from hut to hut. Irena was using her magic as well, focusing on the soil, spreading it deep in the earth, and sending out like waves rippling until none of the poison was left in the water, trees, or animals, or anywhere else. She walked up to Claire, who'd healed multiple families already and nodded at her. "I think this last storm of the day should help purify everything else... You ready?" Irena asked. Marianna was again on her feet, providing everything for the families, talking with them, and seeing what had happened here...

Claire nodded, finishing up the healing part on her side of the huts. She withdrew the vial, still having her blood in it, gave it a small shake, then poured it onto the ground, letting the newly healed soil soak it up. It didn't take more than seconds for the skies to darken, the breeze to strengthen, and then the rain and lightning fell fast. She smiled, topping the vial. "I really have to thank Ellisar when we get back for this idea.. and Aldin." She said, then went to catch up to Caden to see what she could help with. She kept hold of Rook's hand though, not wanting them to separate!

Back at the palace Aria smiled a little at Aldin.. "It's fine.. I 've probably worn out my welcome in the lab anyway. I will just find a new place to sleep..." She shrugged. Her bandaged shoulder still ached, but it was much less painful than before. She hugged Aldin though.. "I'm sorry.. I just I know how he feels, because I was there with him not long ago. But it's getting harder for him to pull out of it and I'm sure he will be okay by himself for a while.. Perhaps the best thing for Ellisar is lots of space.. I can always sleep on the rooftop as an owl or something." She shrugged.

Ginnia smiled at Aldin as Serena hugged Morden and let him run off to find Nathan. She was showing the youngest ones the flash cards, and some understood the letters and numbers. But Serena knew routine and repetition were the best sometimes, and she categorized the cards with color coding, and that definitely helped keep their attention! Ginnia, Cora, and a few other kids knew their alphabets and numbers, and began helping the other students keep up as well. It was endearing to watch.

Nathan and Melise had breakfasts usually in her room. But when Morden knocked on the door he was glad as always to see his brother and hugged him. "Come in, Morden, we're just finishing breakfast ourselves.. Some fruit?" He offered. "How are the children?" He added, closing the door behind them.

Rebecca was certainly glad to help with the lessons, and helped Serena with the flashcards, making it into a game for them to enjoy. Some of the kids definitely took learning very serious however, and were quite diligent. She found plenty of notebooks and pencils for the kids, and throughout the lessons, Theresa was quietly working, cleaning up the breakfast table when each individual had finished, and washing the other dishes. She'd been in the kitchen since 5a.m. But it didn't bother her. What did bother her was Lauranna's unusual quietness, and insistence that she was fine whenever she'd check on her... when clearly her health was not doing well at all.

Caden felt the shield and spoke to Lauranna, *Stop...you can't use this much magic...I'll be home in a few hours...* He could hear her mind's fogginess and sense her struggles. He looked at Claire, "Were there any dead people in your huts?" he asked realizing now he had to get home as quickly as he could, but not willing to risk her core being tainted before he left.

Rook nodded, "There were three dead..." he said pointing to the three huts where there had been those who were already dead.

Caden nodded, "Let me check them." he said and then left them to enter each of the huts. Two of the people were actually dead from the poison and fever, but the third was suspended like Lowel had been. He cleansed the girl and shielded his core from the invasion of whatever the spell was that held her in that state. "You'll need plenty to drink today," he instructed her and then bowing to the family he departed. He returned to Claire and Rook, "Ok...two were dead the third was suspended. So..I need to get back to the palace NOW...will you be able to handle the rest? I've healed everyone on my side, but provisions need delivered and huts need repaired, but Lauranna is sick and i have to go..." He looked at Marianna, "I'm sorry...I need cain to take me back..."

Jorga wasn't real happy with anything Xavier had said, but they continued on as there was no other option. They arrived in the village not long after the healing was complete.

Caden, seeing them arrive was relieved, "Oh good..." he moved over to them, "There is a.."

Xavier nodded, "A dark core nearby...I've sensed her...she is powerful."

Caden frowned, "Somehow I knew you'd say that, but I have to return. Lauranna is sick..."

Jorga frowned, "Of course...take Cain and go...we should be back late tonight or tomorrow before lunch."

Caden nodded, "I'll pass that long...thank you." He went to Cain, "I'm sorry for this extra trip..."

Aldin shook his head, "No..." surprised how fast that came out. "Please no..." He touched her hand and looked at her, "We can just stay out of his way...and you can still stay in your room...or mine...it's closer to the stairs..." The thought of her not being down there sent panic through him. He did understand what she was saying, and he didn't want to hurt Ellisar with their budding relationship, but he also didn't want her that far away where he couldn't see her and protect her and take care of her.

Ellisar came up behind them both, "It's ok...I'll leave the lab. I need a break." he announced and then turned and walked out of the palace. He had in his mind to walk a ways into the forest and clear his head, and so he did.

Morden came in and smiled, "Thank you...I think I will." he said as he sat down, "The children seem to be doing well...and speaking of the children...I was wondering if you'd consider being one of our teachers."

Melise smiled a gentle but accusational smile, "NO..." She said, "You want to know if I've seen something...about the children..."

Morden sighed, "I do...but I also need teachers."

Melise grinned, "Fair enough. What I have seen I cannot speak of yet. it is too hazy and jumbled, but it does involve the sisters. I cannot make sense of it though."

Morden made a face, "I knew it...I could FEEL it." He stood and began to pace, "They cannot be allowed to return to their reign of terror."

Melise nodded, "Agreed...I have seen that Lazar and Gavin are instrumental int his, but aside from that I cannot offer more."

Morden nodded, "That is enough...perhaps Lazars plan to use Gavin's tampered with core is sound then..."

• Love