• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Rebecca listened to Melise and memorized the books she told her to look up. "That's good that they can't harm anyone, and a relief, knowing my grandmother had it.. How did she.. cope with it though? Must have been hard, having everyone think she was insane." Rebecca asked. Nathan smiled and poured her a cup of tea, which she thanked him for. She wanted to be sure the madness wouldn't get to her. Or that the spirits would not make her crazy. "I will definitely return to the library though, and find Jia's diary." She added, still lost in thought. "How has everything been here though, with you two?" She asked, having not seen either Nathan or Melise since Serena's terrible day in Robert's tower. Nathan smiled, and put Rebecca's cup away when she'd finished. "Just fine, Rebecca. I'd say its off to do more research though.. but please- sleep in your bed from now on? We don't want you pulling too many all nighters and possibly getting sick." He added. Rebecca smiled and stood, hugging Nathan and Melise. "Thank you both, it was a tremendous help, visiting here." She assured them, and soon left, not wanting to take up their time either. Nathan smiled as Rebecca left..."I too am glad that spirits can't harm anyone. I hope she figures out how to deal with this new talent." He added.

Rebecca found the book Melise had mentioned in a few short moments, Jia's diary, all in silver, with a red rose on the front. She immediately took up residence in the window sill this time, and began reading...~

Claire smiled at her dad, fully awake and energetic again. "Right, things will be fine... So what should I do to help? Should we start loading up and heading to the next down? Or do we stay here?" She asked him, wanting to do something useful since she'd slept so well.

Irena stepped forward then, speaking to both Cain and Rook while the kids ate breakfast or played by the wagons, or stayed by both dragons. "I have. And other women have taken in the children along with their own. Some might not wish to leave their adopted families.. But there are a few true orphans who haven't been able to find new parents. They will probably be glad to get somewhere where they're taken care of..." She added.

Marianna smiled as Xavier held her hand and walked with her a little away from the campsite. "How about if we write the note and say "Incoming, hoards of children... please prepare as many rooms as possible?" She grinned, thinking at least Theresa would get a laugh from such a letter... "Or we could simply write everything that's happened and send it to her?" She added, trying to brainstorm...

Tamsin was glad Lazar felt much better, and that he had his confidence back! She felt weak as a newborn kitten however, and could only sleep to try to catch up on her energy reserves. She was one exhausted woman. But she loved Lazar and would gladly go another round if he needed to!

Last edited:
Melise nodded, "We are doing well...it amazes me how time and fate brought us together after so long. I am so grateful to have my husband back." She could tell the girl would do well because she was curious and smart. "I think if you find Jia's diary it will help you greatly..." She grinned at Nathan's comment, "Yes Dear..do sleep in your bed..." She hugged her and then watched her leave. She looked up at Nathan, "She will be fine Love...her gift will come in handy in time."

The first page of the journal was written in elegant hand with ink that had a few smudges here and there.

Monday afternoon,
I am officially the bride of Keylen the golden, king of the fae! How did such a thing happen to someone such as myself? I cannot know why he chose me from the army of women he could have had, but he did. Oh he is handsome, kind and so strong it takes my breath from my lungs. I am making ready to become his wife as I write this. I admit I am nervous but I know he will be gentle.

Tuesday morning,
Becoming a woman was nothing like I expected! Oh how glorious joining with someone you love and who loves you truly is! Keylen was so gallant and tender it nearly brought tears to my eyes. I surely am the luckiest woman alive.

Tuesday afternoon,
While I was wandering the palace I happened upon the most amazing library I have ever beheld. Shelves of books to the sky it seemed, just calling to be explored and devoured by the avid mind and reader. I almost missed dinner, I was so enraptured. I had the oddest sensation of being watched though there was no one in the room but me. I am very sure it was my imagination.

Wednesday afternoon,

Upon returning to the library I again had that deep sense that someone was watching. I stood and moved about the room and looked for whoever it might be, calling out to whoever it was to please show themselves. To my astonishment a shimmering figure appeared before me and bowed her head. I asked her name but she held up her hands and shook her head. I think that meant she could not speak. She led me to a shelf of books and pointed to one. It was a biography of Lady Arabella, Keylen's sister. I held the book and looked at her. I asked if this was her and she indicated that it was by the nod of her head. Once I had the book in hand she vanished from sight. I cannot say why, but I believe she wishes me to know something. I must read the book.

Jorga hugged Claire, "You look much better today...I am relieved."

Caden approached her and laid a hand on her shoulder and scanned her, "Good...You have healed and restored you core. Now...no doing this again. When you need help ask for it...no one can do everything alone." He was bent and looking at her at eye level with an intense look in those beautiful eyes.

Xavier smiled at Claire, "You look much improved. I am glad to see it." He heard Caden scolding her and bit his lip, but he did lean in and say, "I do beleive we will need you on this journey. The land seems to have been compromised by these Poachers in more ways than one, but...please return to the palace and get the things that Ellisar and Aldin gave you. No more cutting yourself...please."

"Good idea," Caden agreed.

Jorga nodded, "And check in with Lazar. he may have good news for you..."

Lifting his large head Rook looked at the others *We can be there and back before they leave if you wish Claire.*

Xavier held up a hand, "AND...you can let them know we are sending the orphaned children back to them by wagon so they know to expect these six around lunch time." He was still holding Marianna's hand like it belonged there.

Jorga nodded, "Good idea...kill a lot of birds with one stone so to speak." And then he leaned in and whispered to only Claire, "And tell Theresa I miss her...would you?"

Aldin ran his hand up and down her back to soothe her and comfort her. She was so small and he felt this intense need to protect her. But it was wrong, his heart was not totally free. he didn't want to hurt her. She deserved better. He reached down and took her hand, "Come on...let's go build a fan faster than Ellisar and show him what's what."

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Rebecca was very happy to have spoken with Melise and Nathan. Alone in the library again, she was relieved she could understand the writing of Jia's diary, and was fascinated with how kind King Keylene had been! It seemed he had no real enemies anywhere, and had in his day, been very popular as well. He was loved until the end. And Jia seemed to have not feared the spirits, but rather sought them out. Rebecca continued reading the diary, unaware of time passing herself as the day progressed later and later...~

Claire smiled and hugged her father, as she listened to Caden's lecture, she knew it was out of concern and not out of anger. "I know.. I will be much more careful. And yes dad, I will give Theresa your message, pick up the vial and needle from Ellisar... and let Theresa know to expect a group of kids by lunch.. And of course, Xavier, I'll help as soon as I return- but as soon as I start feeling tired, or wary, I promise I'll stop and rest.." She added. She smiled at Rook then and walked over to him. "Yes. Let's fly back to the palace for a moment and get things ready over there. Then we'll fly back here after checking in with Lazar." She smiled at the group that were her family and friends. "Love you guys.. Be right back...Shall we Rook?" She asked, climbing onto his back with ease. She was capable of all these little tasks and then some.

Aria could sense his troubled heart and it made her frown a bit, even as they hurried to their side of the lab to build a better fan in less time than Ellisar just to ruffle him up a bit! "If something's troubling you Aldin.. please tell me..I'm a good listener if nothing else. And I'm always able to tell you my inconsequential troubles... so it would make me feel a tad better just knowing you could confide in me too.. no matter what it is." She added, squeezing his hand gently.

Marianna was smiling as she held Xavier's hand, and watched Claire climb onto Rook's back with ease. Cain waved a wing at them and turned his attention to playing games with the kids. Ever careful not to hurt one! <And take your time, Claire! Just do things carefully... it'll be fine.> Marianna thought to her. Claire smiled, and nodded, letting Rook fly off to the palace.

Theresa meanwhile, had scrubbed every room, polished all the statues, columns and pillars, not to mention shaken out rugs, dusted, swept, mopped, even vaccumed the thicker carpets. She had her small group of maids assist her in the more difficult tasks, so she'd be fairly easy to find, during her morning clean up rounds.~

Caden stepped forward and tapped her shoulder, "Would you be kind enough to tell Lauranna I'll be a while longer than I thought and that she should stay in bed and let people help her..."

Rook was by her side and ready to go and he choked out a little puff of smoke at Caden's request, in an odd dragon laugh as it were. Once she was ready they took off for the palace and as before he landed in the tower, though this time he did not turn human but remained the black. *I will be here when you are ready to return.* He hated that he could not go with her but ht knew this was best.

Aldin was surprised she'd picked up on his troubled spirit so easily. He lifted her hand and kissed it, "You are a sweet soul Aria. I like you very much and I find I like your company very much, and as I said before I worry about you. But before I came here...I cared for a seriously injured Serena. She had lost her memory and did not know who she was. She was lovely and had been treated so brutally. I lost my heart quickly...and it's not fully back yet. I see she is happy and where she belongs and that helps, but I don't want to hurt you." He held her hand to his chest. "If you can give me a bit of time..."

Xavier then began to bark out orders to his men and there was a flurry of activity around the small village. The six children were loaded into a wagon along with the few spare possessions they each had. It was sad how little these children had, but that would soon be taken care of at the palace. The tents were taken down and loaded into one of the wagons as they had been before while the mess was cleaned and returned to its former state. T

• Love
Claire nodded, smiled at Caden, and promised she'd deliver all the messages, then let Rook carry her back to the palace in Malthan Ana. "Okay Rook.. Love you, I'll try to get everything done and hurry back." She added, hugging him around the neck gently, before turning and heading to her room. First things first- she showered quickly, changed into a deep purple tunic and black pants, with comfortable shoes, then hastily dried and brushed her hair into a pony tail. She managed to find Laurana first, in her and Caden's room. "Caden will be delayed, Laurana, we're rescuing orphaned kids to the palace, and taking care of any poison that poachers may have spread through out the land... " She filled Laurana in on the other details, then after a thank you from her, she was able to go get the needle and vile from Ellisar's lab. "Okay, thanks Ellisar, going to take this in a bag..." She said, slinging a back pack over one shoulder with those things inside, then checked on Theresa. The woman was already preparing lunch in the kitchen. "Theresa, sorry you work so hard all the time.. but my dad wanted to tell you- there will be six or possibly more kids arriving today in time for lunch..many of them have been orphaned by poachers. We're still traveling and looking for more, but also healing the land and animals from poison. So we might be gone, but please expect the wagon of kids around noon... I've got to get going now so I can keep helping.." She hugged Theresa and leaned in a bit. "Also, dad wants you to know he loves you and misses you." At this, Theresa blushed bright red! "Thanks, Claire.. tell him I miss and love him too and want him home safe..Are the others alright?" She added. Claire nodded. "Yes. . .I'll come back when this trip is done and help out more, okay?" Theresa nodded, smiling, and shooed her off. Claire smiled and finally made it to the last place on her list, Lazar's house! She knocked on the door, hoping Tamsin and Lazar would have really good news about Rook.

Aria smiled sadly. Yes, she knew Serena was beautiful, and would have captured many hearts... "It's fine.. Aldin.. I don't mind going slow. I'll just be here when you need me.." She told him, letting him hold her hand to his chest, she felt his heart beat calm and steady. ."Sometimes.. .love isn't fair. It's either doomed from the start, or just not at the right place and time.." She said with a sigh. She handed him a wrench though... "We should..get started on this fan, if we're going to beat Ellisar." She prompted, smiling a little.~

Rebecca remained in the library, completely unaware of anything going on around or outside the palace really. Jia had lead an interesting life.. .she read another chapter in the book.

Friday Evening, very late: I found myself finishing book after book this whole day, like someone possessed, or maybe compelled to find answers. I read in one book there was an ancient evil in Malthen Ana, something so dangerous and wrong it motivated others to act out their own dark desires, and hurt other people for no reason other than power. I didn't know what it could be- and had no desire really, to find out what that evil was, but I knew I'd have to research more, if I wanted to at least learn how to avoid it and protect my family.. Trouble was, how was I to warn anyone when it seemed like mirror and shadows? I knew I wasn't ready to leave the library yet, but I did ask a spirit.. A young man who'd died in an accident said there were three sisters who wanted to see all of The Glen and Malthen Ana destroyed. I asked how they'd even do that, and he told me, never underestimate their power. It was the first step towards downfall. Then, he vanished, and I was scared. I left the library and decided to give that place a break. However, it'd be nice if once in a while these spirits and ghosts would give -me- a break. I quite feel like I am going mad.. though now I've learned to not talk to them out loud.

Rebecca closed the book and took a deep breath. So the sisters were part of Keylene's past too it seemed.. But had they caused any actual harm? Or had they all been just a threat back then, unlike now? She rubbed her temples, trying to prevent a headache. This was more information than she could process at once.

Marianna helped out with whatever they needed, and Irena comforted the kids as they were soon loaded onto the wagons. They both hoped Claire would hurry back soon, and have everything she'd need with her to complete the rest of the journey.

Tamsin roused Lazar at the sound of loud knocking... She soon hurried into a long black bathrobe and tied the string securely, then looked out the window. Claire! She pulled her sister into a hug, glad she was okay.. "come in, sis, we have really good news for you and Rook. I know I can tell you're in a hurry. Lazar- can you show Claire the amulet thing and tell her how it works?" Tamsin called, then got the pot of coffee started.~

Ellisar never even looked up from what he was doing, he just waved her off and shrugged. "Thought you already had..." Was all he said.

Aldin watched her and he gave that hand on his chest a gentle squeeze, "Thank you..." He lowered his head a bit and peeked up at her, "I do like you...and I do find you very attractive..." He smiled then, "You deserve a whole heart not a broken one." He kissed her hand again and then let it fall. When it's whole again...i'll know where to go." She handed him a wrench and he grinned, "No problem." He had one advantage over Ellisar in this. he could take any piece of material and make it what he wanted without having to hammer or cut or anything else. "We will probably have two done before he finishes one."

Xavier helped Marianna and Irena into the front wagon as the other men helped the women as well. Naild and Jorga were still in the second wagon, and one of his men now had two women on his bench with him instead of one, but he didn't seem to mind too much. the wagons went their separate ways, the one with the children back to the palace and the five others moved onward to the next village.

Lazar smiled, "Where is Rook?' he asked seeing Claire was alone and there was no tiny dragon on her shoulder. "Oh...well we should go there..." He grabbed Tamsin's hand and he explained the process to Claire as they made their way up to Robert's tower room. he knew it sounded crazy but he was glad Rook was in black dragon form since he needed the big dragon to eat the brooch. they got up there and he saw Rook and he strode over to him with a huge smile on his face, "We have found the answer my friend..." he said and hugged the dragon's neck. "I hope you can trust me...this is a process...and well...this gem is magically enchanted to absorb the other spell when I cast the dispell magic...but..it will work much better if it is inside you." He was watching him for signs of balking but he didn't see any so he continued. "I need you to eat this while you are big...and then transform into your human self so i can cast the spell....then change back and cough up the brooch. so I can destroy it."

Rook was listening, in somewhat of disbelief, but then he looked at Claire and he knew he'd endure anything for her. His large head nodded and he opened his mouth.

Lazar put the gem there on his tongue and nodded, "Ok swallow and then transform."

Rook did so and of course was naked as a human and grimaced in pain, "Ok...now what?"

Lazar held his shoulder, "Steady on...it's almost over." He pulled out his wand and cast the spell. "Cigam siht part meg siht ni." The wand wand vibrated with power and a blinking light filled the room.

Rook felt like his insides were being torn to shreds, but he kept his eyes on Claire the whole time. The pain eventually became so great he fell to his knees but he never looked away from her one time.

Finally the light faded and Lazar felt the spell had run it's full course and he tapped Rook's shoulder, "Transform again and be rid of it now..."

Rook nodded and that cracking and popping was heard as he once again began the huge black dragon. He coughed up blood and a bit of fire and smoke but the gem was there in the midst of it. The dragon would heal much faster than the man, but he wanted to hold Claire than he wanted to be healed so he turned back and opened his arms, afraid to move but needing to touch her.

• Love
Claire remained motionless, though it took all of her will power not to run to Rook and heal him or hold him as he endured that rather painful looking spell! When it was over though, she did hurry to his side, and handing him a change of clothes she'd brought, first healed him of his pain, stopping as soon as she got lightheaded, as she'd promised she would! She held him close, keeping her arms around him.."Are you alright? Can we test the spell Lazar? I want Rook's core to envelope mine.. .and see what happens. And thank you, Lazar, Tamsin.. So much..." She said, looking into Rook's eyes. Tamsin steaded Lazar, knowing that had to be one heck of a spell! "You are brilliant. I hope you know that." She said to Lazar, her eyes shining with admiration.

Aria smiled back at Aldin and gently touched his cheek with her small hand... "I am grateful.. to have another heart at all, beside me." She told him simply. Then she thought a moment. "Hey--- I know this is a crazy idea, but what if you turned things into working air-machines like the one Ellisar's made? And then we could definitely have all the contraptions we need? Or would that be considered cheating?" She asked quietly. She was thinking fast, trying to find a loophole so they could whip Ellisar around like a mop. HAH. Be mean to her again Ellisar! She mentally teased.

Marianna looked over her shoulders, as if expecting to see Rook with Claire on his back at any time.. "Do you suppose Claire and Rook will make it back before dark?" She asked him. Cain flew easily overhead, making sure their pathway was clear of any danger. He flapped his wings, catching a cool breeze several times and soaring with it.He saw very well from the air, even tiny ants that marched along the tree branches, or a stray pair of foxes bounding back to their nest.~

Lazar nodded drawing in a deep breath. His arm was tingling and he was feeling a bit singed around the edges. The sisters didn't mess around when they cast a spell. "Go ahead and try, I can see the magic swirling in the gem. it should be gone...but just in case..." Tamsin be ready to pull her away if it's still there."

Rook nodded and pulled Claire in close and kissed her deeply as he had the night they'd had their brief and wonderful date. His soul craved her and as soon as his lips touched hers their cores flared up and reacted one another as those whose destinies were intended to join did, but his did not attempt to consume hers, instead it built it up and strengthened it. He could feel the true nature of his core fill hers and he broke off the kiss and held her so tightly, "It worked...thank you so much Lazar...."

Lazar looked at Tamsin and all but collapsed into a chair. "that was one hell of a spell she cast on you...damn it had a kick..." He was still out of breath and his own magic felt like it was sizzling through him like a hurricane.

"Are you ok Lazar?"

"yeah...just magically zapped but I'll be fine..." He smiled though it was a bit weak looking, "I'm just glad you two are ok now...So I heard you left but what's going on?" He listened as they told him about the village and the poison and the lack of water and he frowned, "how was that happening without anyone knowing?" He thought Xavier especially knew everything that happened, but maybe he focussed on the palace mostly and not the outlying areas.

Rook shrugged, "How could there be six children with no one to care for them without anyone notifying the palace? The poachers had the people convinced that the King no longer cared about them. It was an insidious plot, but very effective." He frowned, "Hopefully with the King on the journey the people will see it was all lies." He gave Claire a hug, "We should be getting back. They have Caden but if the next village is as bad as this one, they'll been a second healer." He grinned, "And Claire told them we'd be back...so...thank you again." He kissed Claire deeply one more time before he changed back into the black dragon. *Don't forget that spare change of clothes Claire. It's on the chair...*

Xavier looked over his shoulder and he shrugged, "I would think they will be, hopefully Lazar had their answer...if he did they may be delayed a bit. But Rook will still be able to find us. I'm sure Cain will give him directions if need be. I'm more worried about us getting where we need to go before dark honestly."

Claire's heart soared as she returned Rook's passionate kiss. Their cores' felt eachother again and it felt absolutely amazing. She gave Lazar some extra energy of her own, to help him regenerate his own magic, since he'd certainly used so much of his own! "Thank you both, so much. That was amazing... painful to watch him eat and hurl up that amulet.. but still amazing...." She added smiling as she held onto Rook a moment longer. Tamsin hugged them both. "I am so relieved! Now you two can start making babi- I mean.. go on more dates!" She teased, earning a good natured swipe from Claire who laughed. "We'll be back as soon as we're sure all the land is poison and poacher free, and any lost kid is found and brought back here...We love you guys! Lazar, you've done so much ... please rest and take things easy a while." Claire said, worriedly. She picked up the spare clothes from the chair, and put them in her bag as she climbed back onto Rook's saddle. She waved at them both, eternally grateful for their help. *I am so happy right now Rook I could cry... * She told him as they began flying towards the others. Hopefully they weren't too far behind!

Cain snorted out smoke in a laugh... <Rook and Claire on their way... sending images of our current location to Rook now.. and yep.Their issue has been completely resolved.> He added with a dragony-smile. Ah, young love.. it was so cute.~

Marianna snerked at Cain as he mocked love. <Hush Cain. You know what love is, stop playing like you're bitter. You mush head.> She taunted him. He grumbled a bit. <Mush head?! Say that to my face, when I land, Marianna. I'll show you mush.> He bantered back. She tried hard not to laugh.. He was so onery! "Well should we pull over and wait for them? or figure out directions?" She asked sensibly.~

Lazar nodded, "no problem..I'll rest..." he said and watched them leave. He didn't budge from the chair and after they were safely gone he looked at Tamsin, "Baby...I literally cannot move...if I stand up I am going to fall on my face." His nerves felt like they were in rebellion against him. "Helena's spell was the strongest spell I've ever cast...I've never felt anything like this." He drew in another deep breath but it was shuddery and odd sounding. "Would you get Morden and bring him here?"

Rook thanked Cain for the directions and soared a bit higher so they could see more. *I am as well...I feel so much better...free...and...as to what your sister said...we can make as many babies as you want...once we get married. I don't want your father angry at me.*

Xavier tipped his head, "No...they have an hour of daylight, they will find us easily. We have about ten miles till the next village...I'm hoping we get there before the sun leaves us. It will be close." Setting up camp was going to be interesting in the dark, but it was what it was. If they hadn't stopped to eat earlier, they'd have been there already but people needed to eat so, they stopped. "Hopefully we don't find another village full of nearly dead people...but I'm not counting on it."

meanwhile the cart with the children had arrived at the palace. The guard helped them all down and herded them into the palace in fairly good order with their few possession.

Chastianna had heard about the children arriving and was in the main foyer waiting for them. She smiled a bright and cheerful smile at them, "Welcome!" she said as she crouched down in front of them so they could see her better and so she could see them better, "I heard you were playing with dragons!" Their excited chatter filled the foyer and her eyes brightened listening to them tell about it. "That is so exciting!" She said, "I bet you are very hungry from your long trip, yes?" A lot of nodded heads, "Well come with me then and I will show you where the dining room is."

Tamsin looked at Lazar.. "Okay, sweetheart. Focus on breathing. I will run and get Morden... Please don't leave..." She said, kissing him, and sensing he was definitely at risk,she rushed from the tower, and ran all the way to Morden and Serena's room down below, nearly barrelling down the new arrivals, apologizing, she got to their door and knocked a bit frantically. "Morden! Lazar.. he found Rook's solution but he really isn't looking well.. Can you please come to his house? Please?" She asked, not wanting to barge in on them in case they too were "busy."

Serena yawned as she heard the knocking, then sat up in a hurry. She gently shook Morden awake as well. "Sorry love, but Lazar is in danger again and I think you should help him..." She told him. "Alright Tamsin! I promise, he'll be out in just a few!" Serena called. Tamsin nodded, and waited, praying that Lazar would be alright.

Claire grinned.. *We can definitely wait on the babies! We do still have a lot of catching up to do though..* She added, smiling. Cain's directions got to her head as well and they continued to reach the other travelers. Soon enough, the remaining wagons came into view. <We're back. Rook's cured, and all messages have been delivered. > Claire told Xavier, Caden and Jorga. She kept the cloth sack on her shoulder, wondering if she'd need to call the storms again when they landed...

Theresa just smiled as she welcomed in the kids. "Plenty of food at the dining table, youngsters. And then we have rooms set up for all of you as well." She added, as the kids sat down to eat the best meals they'd probably ever had. Their village was poor as dirt, so of course they weren't used to so much good things to eat at once. They did copy Chastianna though, when it came to figuring out manners! They were like lost ducklings, following whoever showed them kindness. Gavin came down to help get things situated and even talk to some of the kids.

Last edited:
Lazar sat on the chair in the tower and struggled to breathe. He wasn't sure what was happening but it felt soo different and he was afraid that somehow he had taken something into himself that he shouldn't have in casting the spell, but he couldn't believe that was possible. It was dispel magic not create.

Morden frowned and got dressed quickly giving Serena a kiss and heading out with Tamsin. He followed her back to the tower room and saw Lazar sitting in a chair looking like he was about to fall out of it. he went to him and knelt by the chair, "What the devil happened?"

"Cast the dispel magic on Rook...used an enchanted amulet...just like it said..." His head motioned over to the amulet on the floor where Rook had barfed it up. "Never felt anything so strong...feels like my body is charged with lightning or something..."

Morden tipped his head and touched Lazar's shoulder and closed his eyes. He wasn't a healer but he could detect things in people and feel magic and he knew a LOT about core magic and the fae people as a whole. Lazar's kind of magic was different though, not from a core but from his mind and the power of it. Still, he could see magic pooling inside him and forming another thing inside him. His body was forming a core like that of the fae, but why? he watched and waited to see what kind and color it was.

Before Morden could see the results a bright blue ball of light appeared in the room and from it a spritely looking creature formed, "Lazar...you have been deemed worthy to join the fae folk as you have been for so many years. The gift of magic is yours and with it the power to remove dark spells that would bind the heart or magic of another. You have not lost your other magic, but gained this as out gift for your service tot he fae and efforts to help others. The Glen welcomes you Human to its world officially." And the sprite faded and with her the light disappeared as quickly as it came.

Morden chuckled, "Well...that explains that I guess." He gave Lazar's hand a pat and stood. "I wouldn't try to move for about thirty minutes were I you. This process isn't painful but it messes up your motor skills. Welcome to the happy world of Core magic my friend..." He smiled at Tamsin, "He will be fine...but he'll need a lot of water tonight."

Chastianna was having a wonderful time with the children, and once they realized she was genuinely interested in hearing what they had to say all of them but one was chattering away a mile a minute. She noticed the one and went to crouch next to him as he ate, "Are you ok?" she asked gently and he nodded. "You aren't talking...does your throat hurt?" A shake of the head then. She wasn't sure why he wasn't talking though and looked at Gavin worriedly.

Violet, one of the little children that came was witting next to him and she leaned forward and spoke to Chastianna, "That is Allin...he can't talk...least none of us ever heard him."

"You name is Allin?" she asked and he nodded yes. "Do you talk ever?" she asked in a soft voice. He shook his head no. "Can you talk?" He shook his head no. "Have you ever tried?" He nodded his head and then sighed heavily. She wrapped an arm around his shoulders and hugged him, "I'm sorry it's ok...you don't have to...just finish your dinner. I just wanted to make sure you weren't sick." She went to Gavin and squeezed his hand, "That one...he's for us..." She looked at him and her eyes were soft and full of something he wouldn't be able to describe, "I can feel it...he is meant for us...maybe more of them...but he is for sure..."

• Love
Tamsin thanked Morden profusely. "Thank you. That was intense, but I am glad it was not a harmful thing..That sprite.. was beautiful I have never seen one.." She admitted. She got Lazar a big pitcher of iced water and poured him his first glass. "Easy love, I'm right here, I won't leave you." She told him, helping him drink down the water, hoping it would help him. She also got him a big blue comforter to wrap around him, in case it got cold, and pulled up a chair right beside him. She would keep watch on him the rest of the day.~

Gavin smiled, and knew right away Chastianna would pick the 'runt of the litter' so to speak. That was just her way. But he loved her for it. "Alright. We'll adopt young Allin here.. maybe a healer can figure out what is wrong and fix his vocal cords or find a solution." he said smiling. He managed to help all the youngsters finish their meals, and gave everyone that wanted seconds, plenty of extra food so they'd not be hungry. So far, the kids were pretty happy just being here, a lot of them stared around at paintings and vases of beautiful roses, unused to seeing such nice environments.

Claire and Rook landed on the ground just as the others were setting up for lunch. She leaped off Rook nimbly, and handed him his clothes. "I think you can stay human now, for a while.. that is if you want to, Rook..." She said, smiling as she tried to locate her father and Caden, and help with setting things up as well. "Xavier- need help with anything?" She asked the man when she found him and Marianna.

Rebecca eventually drifted downstairs, her eyes- sore- from how much she'd been reading all day. She still held Jia's diary in her hands though, as the book was definitely useful. In the dining room, she found all of six kids at the table, eating lunch. Theresa appeared and handed her a bowl of food. "Thanks Theresa..." She said smiling as she found a spot away from the table since it was completely full. She just watched a moment, until one little girl with dark hair and dark eyes stared up at her, soulfully. Rebecca blinked. "Hi." She said. "Hullo... I'm Cora... Do you like dice games?" She asked, politely. Rebecca was confused.. "Games?" She asked. She'd never heard of those! Only games she remembered playing when she was young were the experiments Sheena had put her through. "Oh-- sorry, I don't know any games... but I do read a lot. Can you read yet?" She asked smiling. The girl looked at her eerily as if she saw right through Rebecca's soul! "Yep. Learned last year. Haven't had a good book since mom and dad died from poachers..." She added sadly. Rebecca felt bad.. "I am sorry... If you ever want to though I can show you the library and there's lots of kids books too." She said.Cora smiled. ""Okay." She agreed. They both went back to enjoying lunch..~

Last edited:
Lazar drank the water and then nodded for another. he felt like he could drink an ocean of water at the moment. The Glen had gifted him with magic...a core like the others. He couldn't believe it. He still felt like his body was tingling everywhere, as if he'd been jolted by a zap from Claire. He watched Tamsin running around and fussing over him and he waited for her to be close and took her hand. It hurt a bit to do it but he wanted her close, "Thank you.." he said but his voice was raw and soft. "Love you..." And his eyes closed as he held her hand not meaning to fall asleep but he did.

Chastianna squealed and hugged him tight, "Thank you so much Gavin...I can tell he really needs us..." She looked at Violet who seemed to be the one who took care of Allin and she leaned into Gavin again, "Maybe Violet too? Look how close they are...almost like brother and sister already...we can't separate them..." Her eyes were sparkling when she looked up at him just then. Not begging him to give her what she wanted but begging him to see what she saw. They weren't even married yet and here they were choosing to be a family and had a child on the way through her sister. she didn't care if the cart was before the horse, she wanted all of this.

Rook put the clothes on the ground and transformed into his human form. he dressed behind the trees and then entered the camp to find Claire. He caught up with her just as she was about to reach Xavier and Marianna. "Hello all," he smiled and wrapped his arm around Claire's waiste smiling a huge toothy smile. "Lazar is amazing...he solved our problem!"

Xavier heard Claire in his head and before he could answer she was there with Rook. "I am very glad to hear it, for both your sakes and for my nerves." he grinned a bit. "To answer your question Claire, Caden has been checking on the people. Maybe you should find him and see if he needs help."

Caden was moving from hut to hut in a state of shock. These people were so malnourished and ill he was impressed any of them were alive. He left the second hut and went looking for Irena, "You were the one who purified the water before?" he asked hoping he'd found the right person, "This water is killing them..." He saw Claire and Rook and waved them over. "You start at that side of the village and I'll do this side. The water has been poisoned, none of them has been eating so their bodies are weak. Rook...you can keep her core full now right?"

Rook smiled and nodded, "I can...and I will...not to worry Caden."

Caden nodded and went back into that second hut and began the process of healing the three people within. The first hut he'd healed one and been too late to save the other two, he'd left a devastated father there to mourn his wife and child.

• Love
Tamsin finally curled up on the other chair beside Lazar. He didn't look quite ready to be moved yet, so she simply curled closer to him, leaving the pitcher of ice water and glass full for him and at a close range for him to reach easily when he woke if he was still thirsty. He was so fragile as a human! This was the second time that week he'd nearly had heart failure and it hurt her badly, knowing she was not a healer at all and could not help him when such danger arrived. Tears formed in her eyes, the pain in her own chest blooming, and waking up. She always tried to push her pain in the back of her mind, kept busy, kept going, as if she could out run it. Or maybe herself and her stupid scanning ability. She wished she could do -more- than what she was capable of now. If only to help Lazar with everything he did. She rested her head on his shoulder gently, and held his hand, letting him rest all he needed.~

Gavin smiled, and agreed. "Of course. I don't want them to suffer anymore than they have." He said readily. He knew it would be a challenge, but it would certainly test their worthiness and their abilities as new parents before their own real son was born. And they would be raised as their own as well, he wouldn't let them feel different just for being adopted. He knew too well what that felt like. " He agreed.

Claire snickered at Xavier's comment. "I know.. I'm annoying emo-butt. I'll be fine, promise. You guys be careful out here too... We'll go help Caden." She smiled, then led Rook by his hand out to where Caden was looking for more sick or poisoned people. She saw him right awaay, but the houses she checked first had mostly open, or unlocked doors. The stench in some of them right away put her on alert, and she stepped further in. Four people lie dead on the mattresses, malnourished, starved to death, left without fresh water and inability to survive on the land at all. Tears welled in Claire's eyes as she opened door after door, unable to save any one, they were dead... one house had 9 people completely without life! She sagged against the door of one house, especially terrified of finding more dead.. "Rook...." She said, shuddering, putting her head on his shoulder a moment.. "This is insane. How... How can we ever make up for all these losses? They didn't have any way to save themselves... Those..poachers............. Killed so many... " She said, a sob rising in her chest. It was hard to breathe or even keep going. She wanted to heal others- but there wasn't anyone alive to heal. . . .<Caden. Xavier, a lot of people out here are already dead.> She silently said, pain in her mind and head. She couldn't wrap her mind around this needless violence and hate. One question echoed in her mind. Why?

Irena nodded, and sent another energy ball into the ground, not stopping until even the water was purified and clean again. She would need Claire to bring the rain here soon as well when Claire was able to. As soon as the land, animals and water was safe again she thought back to Claire. <We need rain, please. Can you summon it?> She asked gently, sensing great sadness in the other girl. <I can.> Claire answered shortly. She stepped out of another house with nothing but dead people, and fished the needle and the vial from her bag. She felt sick, but held herself together and put her shield firmly in place as she had Rook help her inject the needle first, then let the drops fill up the vial completely. She thanked him, and took the vial, pouring a small amount of her blood into the soil. She didn't like needles much, but it was definitely less messy and painful than when she'd had to cut herself. Instantly the storms arrived, gentle, because she didn't want any damaging ones right then. While it rained, she caught up to Caden. "Please tell me there are living people to heal.. Please." She said, mourning all those lost souls...~

Lazar didn't sleep long and he woke finding her head on his chest and wondered when that happened. How long had he been asleep? "Tamsin?" he asked, "How long was I asleep?" He felt strange but that sizzle along his nerves was gone. "Did i really see a sprite and hear her say I was a fae like you now?"

Chastianna looked up at him and smiled so brightly, "You are the best man I have ever known," she said as she wrapped her arms around him and held him tight, "I love you so much." She leaned back and looked up at him again, "Do we have to do anything? sign papers? or get permission? I don't want to say anything to the children and then have it be wrong."

Rook followed Claire from house to house only to find death and more death. He frowned seeing her slump against the door frame. His arms were around her instantly, "I ate them to quickly...they should have suffered far more."

Xavier frowned at Claire's message. He called to his men and they began digging graves for the people. Jorga and Naild both helped as well.

Caden had slightly better luck on his side of the village for whatever reason. He'd been able to save two men and two children a little boy and girl from different families. But on his side there were seventeen dead, and only 5 alive. he left the last hut and made his way to Claire, "Were any alive here at all?"

Rook shook his head, "None..."

Caden frowned. "I think maybe the three of us should head for the next village just in case there is sickness there as well. Let me speak with Jorga and Xavier...it will take the carts a whole day to get there and that may mean the difference between this and saving more people..." He left them and went to Jorga and Xavier, "I would like permission to take Claire and Rook and go to the next village ahead of the rest. If we can get there sooner, maybe we can save more lives. Also...might I suggest a wagon taking the few survivors here back to the other village? There were three men alive here...and there mostly women. That village will need more men and already has a good leader."

Naild smiled. Caden was wise and compassionate. He always admired that about him. "That sounds like a good idea if they will be willing to go."

Jorga agreed, "It does. I will speak to the men and see what they say about it. Also...you have my permission to go, but maybe ask Marianna to call the other dragon to go with you for safety sake. There may yet be more poachers alive."

Caden nodded, "I will ask her and thank you. Also...there are two orphaned children here. I don't know if the men here would be willing to accept them, but there is a boy and a girl. They are right over there." He went to find Marianna and seeing her feeding the few survivors a good dinner he approached her, "Would you mind is I borrowed your dragon friend to ride to the next village? I am afraid if we wait to travel there tomorrow this will be what we find there as well."

• Love
Tamsin hurriedly got Lazar a glass of water when he woke up suddenly. She brushed tears from her eyes before answering. "Yes, you were visited by a sprite, and then your heart almost failed.. Lazar.. I'm worried if you use magic or your energy too much you could have a heart failure... And I... I would be useless to help you..." She said, her head hanging low in self-shame. She had the weakest ability of anyone in the kingdom...~

Gavin smiled and kissed her gently. "I'll go ask Morden. He would probably know... " He said, rising to his feet and headed that way instantly. He didn't want to do things wrong either. The kids had all been through enough without misplacement being an issue or illegal adoptions!

Claire nodded in Rook's embrace..."I hope there are more left.. I'm going to let the lightning zap them." She vowed. She hated that these villages were nearly destroyed...and for no reason other than greed and ignorance. She would go on to the next village, and however many they needed to get to, and heal all that she could.~

One of the guards, Charles, volunteered to take the two children and give them a good home. "I'll help. My own son is grown and gone from the nest. It'd be nice to have youngsters running around again... What are your names?" He asked them. "Evan.." The boy said.. "Marlene." Answered the small girl. They were relieved and grateful. Claire healed them of any bruises or illness, and walked back to Rook's side.

Marianna nodded. <Cain? Help Caden please? We need to see if there are more survivors and orphaned children in the next village...How are you holding up?> She asked. <Morbid and depressed.. but it helps to keep moving..> He answered, hating the poachers all over again and wishing there were more for him to burn...~

Lazar shook his head, "I think this core they gave me will help me a lot. I won't have to do this kind of magic again, because they game me the ability to rid people of evil influences." He didn't tell her that he was shocked he's survived that spell and the casting of it. "I feel different but good...though I'm not sure I can stand yet." He used the arms of the chair to try it and winced before plopping back down, "No...still pins and needles with a zing. You don't mind if we sit here a bit longer do you?" He brushed the hair back from her face and looked at her, "You won't have to find out Tamsin," he said softly, "I have no plan to leave you...ever." He pulled her closer and held her there as his body recovered.

Chastianna continued to help with the children, playing with them and learning their names and ages and as much about them as she could. She wanted make them feel important and wanted, so she gave special attention to everyone, not just the two her heart was already in love with so deeply.

Morden was making his way back to Serena when he saw Gavin approaching, "Well hello...how are you today Prince Gavin?"

Xavier smiled and nodded, "Thank you Charles. We will see they get back to the palace and are well cared for until we return from this trip."

Charles bowed, "Thank you Commander. That would be appreciated. It's good there will be a lot of children there. They won't feel as out of place."

Jorga met with the three grown men who'd been left alone here. "The village we just left has only one man left to help get it up and functional again. There are many women without husbands and children without fathers. I wonder if you would be willing to relocate to that village and build new lives there?" He lowered his eyes a moment, "I ask that you all forgive me for not seeing what was happening earlier. This was such a massive deceit. So many have suffered and died because of it. All I can do is offer to provide a better future, and to train the true king to be a better one than I was."

The first man to be healed by Caden stepped forward and extended his hand to the king, "I accept your apology Sire. How could you have known your provisions were being diverted and stolen? We never came forward to tell you. We are as much to blame for this as you are. I will go to this other village. There is nothing left for me here but ghosts and sorrow." The other two men agreed.

Naild listened and stepped forward and offered, "Claire and Caden are leaving by dragon, perhaps they can drop you off first."

Caden turned and tipped his head, "If they would come, we will go to the next village first. We could use some help I dare say. And then we can take them back to the other village."

The first man, Kenton, Spoke, "If I can be of help to others I would like to be. I have no other way to repay your kindness in healing me." The other two Jock and Fez nodded their agreement to those sentiments."

Caden looked at Marianna, "can we handle the extra three?"

Tamsin nodded, then kissed him.. "Stay still, I will get us the comforter from your room..." She said, standing up, a bit shaky herself. She went to the bedroom and got the silvery-black comforter they both loved, with the white crescent moon on top, and covered them up with it. She was probably shaking from nerves and sadness, but she thought of what his powers were now.. "Ridding people of evil influences? Like.. if the sisters have affected anyone in Malthen Ana or anywhere you can just take that away?" She asked, trying to calm down and just enjoy holding him.

Rebecca smiled, finished lunch, and then returned to the library with none the wiser, aside from the little girl who'd been curious about so many books in one place. She looked intelligent, with her dark eyes eager to devour every book in the room! She kept to the Children's section however, and pulled out novels for kids, and sat down at the table with Rebecca, while the older girl read history books and a journal. They smiled at each other and simply read for the rest of the day...

Gavin smiled and greeted both Morden and Serena. "You both look much more rested, I'm glad to see you smiling again, Serena.... the reason I'm here is to ask, are there any formal ways of adopting a lot of kids? We're about to have our own- through Laurana- but these kids have lost their homes and families because of poachers. We had no idea how extensive the cruelty those poachers that had kidnapped Claire, were causing in other parts of this country, but it is extremely bad. And Chastianna, well she just loves all of the kids, and I do too; I'd hate for any of them to be without a home." He added, concern on his face.

Claire would do her best to help with whatever they needed. She kept her vial of her blood and the needles in her bag on her shoulder, making sure it was ready to use if they needed more rain.

Marianna glanced at Cain with silent questions, and he replied. *I can carry up to twenty. Easy. But they'll have to travel light.* He added. <Thank you, Cain. > Marianna told him, resting a hand on his side. He snorted a smoke puff, still cursing the poachers.

Several other guards volunteered to help rebuild this village and try to reassemble better lives for these poor people. They would stay behind as long as it took.~

Lazar nodded, "that would be good. I'm a little chilly." He wasn't usually cold but he felt all kinds of odd at the moment, so maybe his body wasn't regulating his temp properly yet. She returned and he cuddled with her in the blankets, "yes, something like that. I believe I could rid Gavin of the spell that is on him, and it is so clear to me how to do it. But...it is also just as clear to me how to USE the spell against the sisters. I think it is still our best option in defeating them permanently." He ran his hand through her hair, "Calm down Sweetheart...everything is going to be fine...trust me."

Morden smiled at Gavin, "The only law is that you write up a formal writ of your intentions. stating as much as you know of the child's family and that you intend to adopt them and make them part of your family and lineage. You can at that time rename the child as well." He frowned at the news of the damage to the kingdom through the poachers, "How many children are there?" He wrapped an arm around Seren'a shoulders as he asked, wondering if perhaps she'd want to take one of the children into their family. "Did you say Lauranna is giving you a child? How?"

Xavier looked at his men with pride. They were all honest hard working men of character and he was damned proud of the lot of them. "Good then, you all go and we will finish up the graves here and lead the wagons to the next village since no provisions will be needed here."

Charles saluted and gathered the other three men and then loaded up onto Cain. They took only one tool each, intending to share. It was decided that Nevyn would stay with the carts and the provisions and make plans for cooking food at the next village as soon as they arrived. This had been the home of one of the women and she'd arrived to find her husband and children all dead. she was beyond inconsolable and Jock, one of the men who'd lost everything as well and had been friends of her husband gathered her up and comforted her. they both decided to stay together and live in Mumford's village. So she boarded the dragons as well to be returned there.

Rook stripped off his clothes and was once more the black dragon. He held Claire, and the woman and Jock while everyone else rode on Cain. *Someday I'll be able to carry twenty as well...* his mind spoke to Cain. *I need to get a little better balance and strength. Had never tried this before arriving here.*

The dragons took off with their loads headed for the next village, while Xavier, Naild and Nevyn finished burying the last of the people from the village. even though darkness was approaching it was decided that they should keep moving. There was nothing here but death and none of them wanted to waste any time in finding the next village and being able to help instead of bury people.

• Love