Lauranna kept the shield up, grumbling at Caden that she wasn't going to leave anyone open to an attack! But then the dizziness hit her twice as hard, and she slipped unconscious again, even though she fought against it. Frustration gripped her as she was unable to even open her eyes and she sensed Caden was on his way back to her.. <No-- don't leave the others!> She tried to tell him. She worried that Claire or someone could get hurt by this dark stranger. But then she swore viciously as the blackness tugged her back down like a vortex that she couldn't escape. She felt horrible...

Cain flew even faster than before, hearing Lauranna's distress, and Caden's worry, he spiraled back to the Palace of Malthen Ana, and waited on a fairly big balcony of their bedroom window, so that all Caden had to do was hop off his back and check on his wife, who even from the window, looked pale and cold, not to mention exhausted. Their son started wailing in worried tones as soon as he spotted his dad though!

Claire barely had time to assure Caden she'd be alright, as he took off with Cain. Shaking her head, she wished she could have gone to help him heal Lauranna but she was needed here still. She helped unload the provisions, distributing them with Marianna from house to house. The homes were a little nicer here, a little more furnished. She delivered blankets, canned goods, dried foods, and fresh fruits, as well as some of the meat they'd carried with them while Marianna brought in other house hold necessities and even hygiene stuff for both men and women. The four of them worked fast, but efficiently. Something bothered Claire though.. It was a sense of pulling. A tug, really... maybe curiosity about the stranger they had heard about... Was she able to be defeated? <Xavier- can you sense where this dark core is? so we know what area to avoid?> Claire thought to him.

Aria agreed to moving into Aldin's room. It was right next to his. But when Ellisar stepped behind them both and announced he was taking a break, she really wanted to cry. She couldn't do anything as he walked out of the palace and simply left for the woods. "I feel really low right now Aldin. . ." She sighed. She kissed him though, gently, and went to help Theresa in the kitchen, giving the poor woman a slight break in the work load! This many kids being in the palace had to cause some wear and tear on the already overworked elf lady, even though Theresa was an energy-machine most of the time, she did not slow down or stop until exhaustion would hit her, and then someone, usually Jorga himself had to order her to rest. Theresa saw the turmoil in Aria's eyes however and drew the poor girl for a hug. . . no female had hugged Aria before. Not her own mother, or any other woman she'd met. It was surprising, but Aria just hugged her back. "You've really matured, Aria. I know Aldin's had a lot to do with that. But don't dwell on Ellisar right now. He knows what he needs to do to cheer himself up or at least compose himself. It's very hard, being the only one without a loved one. . . He just needs to discover for himself, what it is he really wants in a woman. Or just whatever makes his soul happy. Understand?" Theresa said, watching Aria pull herself together, wiping her tears away... She nodded. "Thanks Theresa.. I know. I've always just felt so bad I can't help him. He's helped me for all these years and now he's struggling and there's nothing I can do." She added, hating to feel so incompetent. Theresa shook her head. "Best you can do right now is reassure Aldin you're staying put....which hey- good for you, calming yourself down from your panic attacks by the way... how'd you manage that?" Theresa asked, with interest. Aria blushed. "Aldin's been helping me with meditating techniques... used to just go fly off or be a wolf or some other creature.. Can't shift hard enough to be a different person though.. Gods know I've tried." She rolled her eyes, putting the rest of the dishes up and scrubbing down the kitchen itself til it was spotless. Cleaning helped too. Lots of cleaning. Theresa shook her head. "nothing wrong with you hon. Just too many rotten people everywhere." she said, sweeping and mopping after everything else was done. "Thanks Aria.. go back out to Aldin now. I hope Jorga and the others get home safe..." Aria looked at her, tilting her head a bit. "You're worried they might have trouble?" She asked. Theresa nodded... "Yes.. but hopefully not too bad." Aria hoped not either, and left to go sit by Aldin, resting her head on his shoulder.

Gavin was more than prepared for Lazar to have him prepare for the defeat of the sisters, and wondered what his role in that spell would be. He was curious, but knew Lazar would tell him when he was needed, and kept the kiddos busy by checking how they were doing with Serena and Morden's flash cards. So far they seemed definitely highly intelligent and quick learners.

Nathan held Melise's hand as he thought it over. "Sure, why not. What do you need help teaching? Basics?" He asked. "Tell Lazar as well if my meager powers can help I will assist in any way." He added, not wanting such destruction to occur again. Hadn't their been enough sorrow? He personally, was wary of all the evil and the danger....

Caden heard her saying no but he completely ignored that and was glad for Cain's speed. He hopped off patting the large friend's neck, "thank you...I owe you about a thousand ..." He ran into the room and scooped up Lauden and held him close as he sat on the bed next to Lauranna. "I was afraid this pregnancy would give you trouble..." he said as his hand touched her face and that hand began to glow to its fullest intensity as it did only with her. Soon her body temperature and vital signs were normal again and she was feeling rested. "I think your body is fighting the baby." He said seriously, "I'll probably have to heal you every day...but it'll be ok...the baby is fine..." He kissed her softly and then kissed Lauden's chubby little cheeks. "I'm sorry that took so long...there was so much sickness...so much death..." He frowned, "And the dark spell...It felt like a spell that my mother or Helena would use..." He cast a worried look at her. "But Baby...I am NEVER going to stay away when I know you need me...never..."

Rook was a little on edge. The mere thought of his mother or Hannah being in the area had his senses on high alert. Given the chance he knew without a doubt he would kill either of them on the spot without the slightest provocation. Both of them were finished interfering in the lives of the people he cared about and loved. He was holding onto Claire as much as she was holding onto him. He knew, of everyone in that village, Claire was in the most danger if his mother was there. She would target Claire because of the love he had for her, and that made him watchful.

Xavier looked at Claire, "I know exactly where she is, but we are not prepared to face her so we won't. We need Lazar and the others if we are to face someone who does not see playing by the rules as a necessity." And he knew, if she had magic to repel his scan that she was indeed a force to be reckoned with and that it would likely take their combined power to defeat her. He helped unload the last cart full of supplies and scanned the village for a proper man to leave in charge here that he could recommend to Jorga. He found three worthy men, and for that he was surprised and glad. he walked over to Jorga. "I have scanned the men of this village and found three you might consider to place in charge. Hamor, Linden and Vox."

Jorga nodded and turned to Naild, "There you go, seek them out and select the one you feel the most rapport with, since soon you will be king and they will be dealing with you and you alone."

Naild nodded, though he felt less than ready to be king he could tell this trip was taking a huge toll on Jorga. He saw the man seeming to fade into the background more and more with each village and peoples they encountered. He found Lox first, playing in the square with the children. He smiled and approached the man offering his hand.

Lox stood and shook the young man's hand firmly, "Good day," he said looking at Naild oddly, "You look very familiar...have we met?"

Naild shook his head, "No, but I have been told by many that I look very much like my grandfather, King Keylen."

Lox fell to his knee and bowed his head, "Forgive my lack of formality Sire."

Naild put a gentle hand on his shoulder, "Please...I am not King. Not yet anyway."

Lox stood and looked at him, "But you WILL be?"

Naild nodded, "I will not forsake my duty as my father did. King Jorga is helping me to learnt he ways of ruling and I have other mentors as well. I want to be a good king and restore my grandfather's good name and legacy."

Lox smiled, "I am very glad to hear it. Keylen was a great man, fair but firm and full of compassion. You seem to be much like him."

Naild smiled then, "Thank you. I have much to live up to I realize." he looked at the children, "These are those that have no been orphaned?"

Lox nodded, "Yes sadly. We made efforts to keep everyone fed and tended but it wasn't long before all of us were unable to leave our homes. Your healer arrived in time to save most of us, which is a great blessing."

"We can take these with us back to the palace if none here wish to offer them a home. There have been 15 children so far sent back. They will be well cared for, schooled and nurtured...but if they can stay among familiar faces and family then I would not remove them from that comfort."

Lox looked at the children with sad eyes, "Most of us have large families of our own...I have been asking around but so far no one has expressed any interest in adding to their number. I would take a few but my wife and I already have seven of our own..."

Naild clasped a hand to the man's shoulder, "do not feel obligated...it is a large responsibility and you have to consider your own family first. This has been in part inflicted upon the people of the forest by evil that went undetected. It is only right that the throne assume responsibility for the consequences of that oversight and lack of guardianship."

Lox was shocked at the young man's words and it showed, "The evil that has been in the forest was operating with the intent to isolate us from the palace in every way. I cannot imagine how you anyone there might have been able to know. But I am glad the king sees the need to aid and step in at this time of crisis."

"I wonder if you could tell me anything of Linden or Hamor."

Lox nodded, "Linden is a skilled carpenter, and has built most of our homes. He and his wife live there," he pointed three doors down, "with their five children. Hamor is the only single man in the village. He is our smith, and had a terrible accident in his forge years ago that left him scarred on his face and arms. He hasn't ever tried to find a wife, though I know many women who would have him should he show even a bit of interest. He's a good man, hard worker...he just can't see past his own scars."

Naild nodded, "And you sir? What is your place in the village?"

Lox chuckled, "Well...I am a teacher of kinds, and a farmer. I try to keep things moving smoothly around here."

Naild smiled and tipped his head, "We are...actually I am seeking a man to leave as leader over this village. He must be willing to meet with me at least once a month, maybe more often until things are safe again. Would you be willing to serve in that capacity?"

Lox blinked, "Me?" he looked around the village and saw all the people emerging from their homes once more and his heart was overflowing with gratitude. He looked back at Naild and nodded, "I believe I am your man, Sire."

Naild extended his hand once more, "Excellent. We have left Finn and Duncan in charge of the other two villages."

"Two?" Lox asked with a frown, "There are three.."

Naild sighed, "No longer. We arrived too late to the second. It was the smallest village of the four and everyone but three men and nine children were dead. So we sent the men back to the first village, because there most of the men were gone and many women were left alone. Your village and Finn's have fared the best in this disaster."

Lox bowed his head a moment and whispered a soft prayer before looking back up, "I am sorry to hear that...but it was wise to join the two."

"It seemed the only alternative though it was unfortunate. Also, you should find the land to be healed. Irena has that gift in her magic and has been healing the poison from the soil as we have traveled, and Claire has been granting rain to ease the parched conditions. Is there anything else we can do before we return to the palace?"

Lox shook his head, "We have what we need for now. We are mostly self sustaining, since we have rich soil here. I will send word if we discover anything you should be aware of in the future."

Naild nodded, "Please do so. We want to know. Never allow anyone to convince you otherwise." They said their parting words and he returned to Jorga, "I selected Lox."

Jorga tipped his head, "But you did not speak to the others."

Naild smiled, "No, but Lox is the man for the job."

Jorga smirked a bit, "Well then...he is the man." They finished unloading and Nevyn cooked a huge dinner for the village even though they would not be there to share it with them. "Lox...thank you for accepting Naild's offer. Please enjoy this meal as a group tonight to celebrate, but we have been gone from the palace for days and we must return."

Lox bowed, "I understand King Jorga. The children are in the cart, thank you for accepting them into your care. safe travels."

Jorga nodded and then climbed into the cart with half the children and Naild in the front and Irena in the back with the seven children.

In Xavier's cart were Chalres, Nevyn and three other children in the back and he and Marianna in the front on the bench. They waved and began their way back to the palace. They were on a pace to be home just before or just after dinner depending on the condition of the path.

Aldin was sitting at the table entertaining the older children with his trick coin when Aria returned and laid her head on his shoulder. The simple act of trust and affection touch his heart and he wrapped an arm around her and kissed her hair, "You ok?"

Ellisar went into the forest, not far in but to where he could see or hear the sounds of Malthen Ana's palace and the surrounding hamlet at all. He sat down and leaned his head against a tree and closed his eyes. He breathed in the fresh air and let the warmth of the sun sink into his skin. He had been closed away for so long mourning the loss of someone who hadn't even been aware they were treasured by him. he'd never had the courage to approach her, speak to her or even greet her good morning. So yes, she'd married another and broke his heart. He had no one to blame but himself, and though he was aware of that on some level it still felt like the bitterest kind of betrayal. he's convinced himself he'd been right to never let her know of his feelings and admiration since she'd obviously not deserved them, but here in the quiet of nature he could not lie to himself so easily. "You're a coward El old man...pure and simple a coward..."

Melise smiled, "You will be a great teacher Love...I remember you teaching the young men sword fighting, and how to fit armor properly."

Morden smiled, "We need a lot of help. There are sixteen children here now and more coming with the king. They will need the basics, but also need science and other studies as well. We'll have to see what ages and educational levels we are dealing with of course, but I'm hoping to have it all ready in a week or so. I'd like to give them a chance to get used to their new lives before we thrust something new on them."

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Lauranna shuddered as she let Caden heal her. Tears were in her eyes though, full of confusion, pain and worry. "If my body is fighting the baby... will I be able to keep it?" She asked, hating that there was so much tragedy in all the other villages.. Those poor people! "And what of the sisters? Is someone trying to revive them? If that's true we need everyone out of that village and back here before anyone else is hurt.." She did not stop worrying a single moment, though she was a great deal calmer being in his arms. She at least stayed put and did not try so hard to get out of bed. It was hard for her though, she still wanted to help.

Claire frowned at that, this did not sound good at all, and that indeed all of them were in a good deal of danger. Her senses and alertness increased as she didn't leave Rook's side even once. "Then what should we do, Xavier? Want us to stay here and keep helping the villagers?" She asked, no fear in her eyes, just a determination to keep Rook and others free from harm, -without- doing anything reckless this time.

Irena hated that their were so many kids to take back to the palace, and it broke her heart. The more losses of life she encountered, the worse the pain in her chest grew. It was like a constant fire or a thousand knives at this point. There was no relief from it, except to do what she could to help in the village. Marianna headed back to Malthen Ana with Xavier and most of the others had either stayed or gone on ahead. . . ."Claire. Rook. You need to get to the palace, do you understand? I will get there soon. But you're both in danger.." She said. Claire nodded. "We'll head that way just as soon as possible." She assured Irena, who nodded. "You'll be alright.. just don't separate and don't heal any suspended. I think you and Caden have gotten everyone else though. So you guys just head back, please?" Irena looked super worried. Claire nodded.. "Alright Irena, head back too, as soon as you can?" she nodded, and the girls hugged. Then Irena looked right at Rook... "Be careful," was all she said, then went to finish up with the village here before she'd take a ride back to the palace.

Once in the air, Claire was full of worries. *Rook, you don't think anything will happen on the way back to the palace, right?* She asked, a little worried. She kept her vial in her bag, as well as extra needles. Someone had even been kind enough to give Rook an extra set of clothes. She couldn't see the wagons or anyone else after a while either. The weather was still somewhat stormy, but it soon began to abate, skies clearing once more after the water had been repurified. She felt really glad she had been so much help to the villagers though, that all her anger dissipated. She didn't want to dwell on anything except maybe a nice long bath and then all the cuddle time she and Rook could handle! She'd also like to meet some of these new kids and see what they would need. Not to mention poor Theresa would definitely need extra help again.

Back at the palace, Aria managed a smile. "Yeah.. I'll be fine. Just hope Ellisar will be eventually... How are you holding up?" She asked, smiling again as the kids were by now, mostly answering the flash cards correctly and in unison. Ginnia also saw her return and smiled, but then paid attention to more of the flash cards, as they repeated what they saw, and Serena would go over what the younger ones didn't understand yet, bringing the kids up to speed much faster.

Nathan laughed. "Indeed- but definitely this group of children are far too young for any of that..." He said, he'd be too worried one of them would hurt themselves on any attempts of such things! "I can teach writing, english/fae language, hm... what else.. oh, history, and maps..." He shrugged. "Don't know if they're ready for all those things, but we could try... How's Serena holding up with the flash card games?" He asked.

Caden kissed her, "Shhh love..." He said gently, "The baby is fine...I will heal you every day. This baby is not of you...and it knows your core is not the core of its mother...so the baby is fighting you." He placed his large hand on her tummy, "But though she is fighting...she will not prevail in this. and possibly she will come to accept you...if not I will heal you from her attacks. I have a feeling she has ice power..." he grinned shaking his head, "Little minx is already using it on you. The village is safe for now. The plan was thwarted there, and we have left men in charge that will alert us to any future problems." He sighed at her mention of the sister being revived, "It would seem one might be attempting it, but we will destroy them in their hiding place first. I believe Lazar has the right idea." He cradled their son in his arms, "What worries me is that someone here is working for them...someone with a dark core like mine."

Rook flew as fast as he could. he wanted Claire as far away from whoever that was as he could get her, but he heard a voice in his mind that chilled him as he flew, *Ah Nephew...trying to fly away from your family again? Not this time.* He didn't like how that sounded and began to swerve in the air a bit and lowered their altitude. Nothing happened, so he chalked it up to his over active imagination, but then he felt it. A ball of spiked ice pierced him in the side, slicing through his scales and lodging itself into his side. The impact knocked the breath from his lungs and the pain stole his mind for a second. They began to plummet to the earth. *Cain...save Claire..* was all his mind managed before he could no longer thing. The ice ball was freezing his entire body inch by inch.

Aldin smiled, "I am fine...the kids are amazing...all of them." He had been a volunteer many times to work with children in villages he'd traveled to, and he'd been a lecturer for a museum a few times taking children on tours of artifacts and relics. He always enjoyed it. "I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets his head on straight. He's a nice guy, I'm not sure why he's been keeping himself alone down in the lab so long, but maybe he'll talk about it when he comes back." He looked over at Serena working so patiently with the children and smiled. She was a good woman, and he was glad he'd been able to save her life, but the woman with her head on his shoulder was a good woman too...and she wasn't married. He felt his heart finally loose itself of Serena's grip, no longer feeling that longing or sense of loss, just an abiding friendship and happiness that he'd saved a worthy person. He kissed Aria's hair again and smiled, thankful he'd been given a chance at least.

Morden nodded, "I think a few of them may be old enough for all of what you have to teach. There's a boy that's got to be thirteen or fourteen...and there may be a few more older ones coming with the king. Some are too young yet for school, but that will be another bridge to cross. We'll have to try to find homes for them I think, or open an orphanage. It would be better for them to have homes though if we can manage it."

Melise gasped suddenly. She stood and her hands were reaching out as if to catch someone or something, "Nooooo..." She shouted in anger. "Rook...he is hurt...they are falling from the sky..."

• Love
Lauranna smiled a bit at Caden's explanation, calming immediately. "The ice magic definitely makes sense... I hope she understands though that I am trying my best to make her happy." She nuzzled Caden though, glad to hear the evil was being thwarted for the most part. Soon baby number two would come to know how loved she was by Chastianna and Gavin, and that would hopefully calm the wee one...

Claire gave a piercing scream as she fell from Rook's back, and her eyes widened as he was blasted with terrible ice, it was encasing him as soon as he landed! "No!!" She screamed, throwing herself onto him, trying to heal him... She couldn't melt ice though. She barely noticed that she too was injured. Her right wrist had born most of her weight of the fall, and she had no use of it at all as it was broken. <Cain- no- stay there!> She gasped, tormented at the sight of Rook being frozen like this. Sobs escaped, but as she calmed herself, she noticed two things- Her right ribcage was fractured a bit, and she bled profusely from a gash on her forehead. She did her best to keep blood falling to the ground. "Who are you?! Show yourself and free him!" She stood up, aching all over, but not caring. She wanted Rook out of here... she didn't think about anything else. *Xavier--- send help to Rook.. Please.... when you can..* Her telepathy was faint, but she blasted it anyway, just wanting someone to save Rook! She stood in front of him, protecting him even though it tore at her soul to see him so frozen and hurt... She kept sending him healing energy, hoping against hope he would at least be free of injuries when they figured how to un freeze him!

Cain however, alerted Caden. <Claire and Rook have been blasted by the dark woman-- and she's frozen Rook. Claire is badly injured. Should I go on without you?> He asked, not wanting to be unprepared, but ready and willing to go without help.

In the dining room, Theresa made sure there were plenty of pitchers of tea and water to drink, and then went to help prepare more rooms for the new little ones that would be arriving. Oh how much she had missed Jorga though! She hoped everyone would be safe....

Nathan instantly hurried to Melise's side, his eyes wide as she saw Claire and Rook in danger. "No, not again...! How can we help them? Who's the best one to send out there?" He asked, holding her gently while she saw the terrible events unfolding.....

Serena smiled at Aldin knowingly, and was very happy he had found someone! Aria was a good match for him... she'd matured so fast over the recent days, and Aldin had seemed very content with her. It warmed her heart as she went over the number counting, and then another round of ABC's.

Caden held her close and smiled happily, "I missed you both so much." he admitted freely, "I don't like being away from either of you...hopefully that won't happen again." He nodded, "I hope she'll stop feeling the need to attack you, but hey, at least we know she's a fighter..." He satup when he heard Cain though, "what?" he handed Lauden back to Lauranna. "Whoever it is out there attacked Rook..and Claire is hurt..." he kissed LAuranna, "i'll be right back..." he knew she'd be ok since he'd just healed her and calmed the unborn baby to sleep as well as their son. "Let me get Lazar...I'll meet you in the square..." he said to Cain. Running down the stairs as fast as he could he hoped they'd be in the dining hall but they weren't so he made his way to lazar's home and knocked on the door. "LAZAR!"

Lazar heard a loud knock on the door and opened only to have Caden scream in his face, "Yes?"

"Sorry...There is no time to really explain...there is a drak core of magic in the forest by the last village we went to. Whoever it is attacked Rook and Claire is hurt. Can you come with me? Just in case she uses non core magic?"

Lazar nodded, "yes...He looked back at Tamsin, "I will be right back," he said as he pulled her close and kissed her deeply. "Find Gavin and tell him to be ready to start...bring him here...I don't want to do what we have to do in the palace..."

The two made their way to the square, "Cain is waiting to fly us there..."

Rook was having trouble breathing as his body became colder and colder. *Claire...stop..run...*

Hilda stayed in the shadows, "Why would I show myself?" she asked in a calm voice, "I have done as I was asked. Soon he will be frozen solid and I will be able to deliver his frozen heart to his mother."

Xavier heard Claire and held up his hand. He could tell where they were, not far ahead. "Nevyn, take the reins here...Charles...take that cart. Jorga and Naild....Rook has been attacked, and Claire is hurt... I believe we will all be needed..."

Naild was down in an instant and his fingertip were in the soil communicating with his friends. Sure enough they were reporting a lot back to him, so much he could hardly receive it all. He gave instruction though and then stood. "My friends are attempting to catch her in their web..." he nodded as they all ran following Xavier into the forest.

Jorga too was down quickly. He was FAR more comfortable being a warrior than the king, so this was right up his alley. He knew Xavier would have their exact location so he followed right behind. He was sick and tired of everyone attacking his Claire. No more of this was going to be tolerated.

"Attacked--? Oh no.. I wish I could go with you Caden.." She said, kissing Lauden's forehead and putting him back in his crib so he could sleep. She watched Caden dash back out to gather who he needed. She sighed sadly.. The bad things kept happening.....

Tamsin worried greatly about her sister and Rook, as well as those who were going after her. But she would remain here and wait for their return.. Poor Claire! That girl was cursed. Had to be from all the terrible things that kept happening.... She paced the living room, then gave up and went to make herself useful at least in the palace, helping kids settle in, and gave Serena breaks when she needed them, and Theresa as well. The new arrivals were scared, quiet, some of them having to leave behind their livjng parents! She felt especially bad for them. But to her immense relief, it seemed Aria was extremely great with kids, and everyone was fascinated with her shifting powers. She kept them entertained, and even tucked some of them in their new rooms after they'd had lunch, letting them pet her tiger form as they fell asleep...it was really sweet of her.

Claire though, didn't listen well when it came to being told to run. She wasn't a princess anymore, but she wasn't a weak idiot like she used to be either. She kept alert to wherever the woman's voice was, because that could be a hint of her next attack. More blood seeped out of the gash just above her eye but she ignored it. Her wrist and fractured ribs were fortunately numb, but she also couldn't seem to walk fast. *I will never leave you, Rook.* She told him gazing into his frozen eyes. The sight of him so iced over made her heart feel shredded...Pain. All his mother ever wanted to do was cause him the most cruel form of suffering. And now she wanted him dead. "I will not let you have his heart, or him! Now fight me!" She called out, tired of the games. She wanted to know what she was dealing with. She did not let go of Rook.

Gavin immediately left with Lazar and Caden! "What do you need me to do, Lazar? Just name it." He said, his fists clenched at his sides. He was angry. That horrible Hilga woman was trying to kill Rook, and possibly Claire as well... did neither of them ever get breaks? He wanted to break that woman's neck....

Theresa had ushered in the children towards the dining room and Aria took over from there. The elf woman had time to kiss Jorga before he was off to rescue Claire and Rook... "Please, all of you return home safely..." She said, but looking deep into Jorga's eyes before she let him take off again. This was such tragedy and madness.... she hoped that Rook and Claire could be healed and recover from all the terrible things that seemed to befall them.~

Cain stayed in place, but he checked on Marianna as well as Irena.. <We're both fine, Cain. Just bring everyone back safely! And yourself.> Marianna told him. She worried for Xavier's safety as well, but she knew he was probably more than capable of handling this. It seemed like just yesterday he'd rescued Claire from poachers and now this. Some sort of curse really was on that poor girl's head.~

Last edited:
Caden and Lazar climbed onto Cain's back and nodded at Gavin, "Climb on..." As they flew to Claire and Rook, Lazar told Gavin of his plans. Caden was only focused on doing what he must and getting back to his family. He was tired of the sisters, and whoever was helping them...was in his book even more wicked than they were.

Hidla laughed at Claire, "I don't have to fight you Golden Whore...He is dying and then I will take what I want. You cannot stop me. No one here is powerful enough to stop me..." But as she spoke hundreds of spiders began to weave a web around her at an incredibly fast pace. She screamed and slashed at the webbing but the more she moved the faster the spiders worked. Soon she was unable to move at all and was attached to the trunk of a tree. What kind of magic was THIS? "This is a feeble attempt at defeating me little golden...I will still have victory...He is almost dead now..."

Caden leaned down and spoke to Cain, "Can you still hear Rook? Is he holding on?" He could see them in a small clearing. Claire was bleeding and Rook was being taken by some kind of spell. "Lazar....what kind of magic is that??" He leaned into Cain again, "We need tog et down there as fast as we can..."

Lazar looked at the ice ball and cursed, "It's an ice spell, but the core must be something that can grow, so the ice is going to keep moving until he's frozen solid...He pulled his wand from his pocket and began to speak an odd language and then pointed the wand at Rook. The ice melted but that did not heal the wound it had left of the injuries it had caused.

Naild meanwhile was getting signals from his spider friends, "The spiders have her fastened to a tree..." he told the others while they ran.

Xavier had a location on her and came up short when he saw the webs encasing her the spiders crawling all over her waiting for the order to enjoy their dinner. She didn't seem phased by it though which was odd. "So...you are?"

Hilda lifted her eyes to look at the only one among them that she feared, "Who I am you will know soon enough, and you will cower before the power of the three as was always intended from the beginning."

Xavier just smiled, "I cower before no one."

Hilda huffed, "No I don't imagine you do Psion...but you will learn." She could not see that her spell had been nullified from her vantage point, so she was still feeling like she had one up on them, or at least a bargaining chip.

Naild stepped up beside Xavier and looked at the woman. He could easily see the resemblance between Helena and this woman, Hannah he had never seen. "Three then, so you are the sister of Hannah and Helena the evil ones who sought to destroy all the fae with their machinations." He didn't ask, he knew it to be true. he could feel that same evil radiating from her.

Hilda sneered, "I am indeed, and my sisters will soon join me here and we will remind you why we are the most feared Fae in the three kingdoms."

Jorga looked at her with contempt. "You sister could not stand against us and neither will you."

Hilda shrugged, "Maybe not alone, but united you are no match for us." She was listening for Claire's grief torn sobbing as Rook died. "Helena's son will soon be dead and his frozen heart will be laid at her feet as my gift to her, a soothing balm to her soul for his betrayal."

Xavier had her blocked from hearing or knowing anything outside their little circle, "You are mistaken. If anyone dies here today, it will be you."

Hilda was growing weary of the game, and she was frankly itchy. The creatures moving around the web were making the itching worse. "I tire of this exchange." She informed them and then spoke odd words and the spiders all fell dead around her and the webbing fell to her feet.

Xavier attempted to seize control of her mind, but she was strong and was able to withstand it. It weakened her greatly, but he could not render her immobile. Naild's friends were not happy and every insect in the area began to attack her. Hilda roared at this and was then gone from their sight. Xavier scanned the area for her but she was nowhere within fifty yards, so he expanded his search and he found her almost ten miles away. "She has fled...she is almost to the gate of Malthen Ana that leads to the surface."

Jorga growled, "How?"

"It is her power aparently, " he said, "She used her core to move herself." he punched the tree where she'd been trapped and moved out of the forest to where Rook and Claire were.

Lazar felt the core magic engage and cursed. "She left...damn it..." He didn't like how Rook and Claire looked, but he left them to Caden and moved to Gavin. "Let's see if this will work..." he said and he cast a spell that would allow him to see through the the spell to where the sisters were. He saw the two laughing and leaning over a paper and then at the same time both looked right at him and smiled. It sent an eerie chill up his spine, but, before he could pull back they used his gateway to bring themselves back to this world. "NOOOOO!!!" He shouted seeing it but unable to stop it.

Helena and Hannah stepped through the portal and Hilda was back at their side once they were untied and could fight as one. "I told you..you would pay." Hilda snidely spat at them all.

Caden had already healed Claire, and had mostly healed Rook. He let the process finish before he stood, facing the woman who'd birthed him that he'd never known.

Hannah smiled, "Ahhh Caden I believe they call you...you have certainly grown into an impressive looking man." her voice was pure venom and ice, "Pity I cannot allow you to live...you have proven to be a traitor to the dark fae."

Caden watched her and listened, "I am not the traitor, you three are. I have ensured we did not die out, that we were able to continue to move forward and live and have purpose. You would see us all dead."

Hannah narrowed her eyes at him, "You have no idea what you are doing. You mix your core with a white, Chastianna would mix hers with a golden as would Rook it appears."

Helena watched as Rook stood, in his immense dragon form to glower down at her, "Grown a spine have you boy?" She ridiculed him, "It will not help you..."

Hilda smiled at them, "You see...I have played you all like a fiddle. This was my plan all along, to have you all here together so that the strongest among you would fall and leave no defense for the rest. Our powers combined are more than any of you can imagine, or create. Why don't you save us time and energy and submit now?"

Gavin rose up then, stepping in front of the sisters and the hideous Hilda, fury in his veins.. "Lazar...tell me how to undo this." He said, blocking everyone else. He hated what they'd tried to do to Claire and Rook, and now they wanted to dominate everything in the world... well it wasn't going to happen! He shoved Helena roughly down, remembering all the attacks she'd caused on Serena, and the rest of them as well. He had no troubles punching her solidly in the face, attempting to break that hag's nose! He was sick of all their friggen petty-ass bullcrap drama.

Claire, at the same time, had had quite enough of the evil hags, and everyone wanting to hurt her or Rook! She showed no restraint either as she lunged away from Rook, past her father and landed a heavy punch of her own on Hannah's face. She kept punching, knowing that even her sky powers wouldn't work, though she still wanted to send blasts of lightning them up or blowing them away in a tornado! She hated them and wanted them dead! She twisted Hannahs arm to break it, at the same time, punching her in the back of her head. She kept attacking, not letting up for a second. She did not see or feel or hear anything except pure blind rage......

Cain wanted to eat the damn hags, but strongly doubted they would taste anything but like ass. no thank you. He was curious enough to blast Hilda with his fire though....maybe she wouldnt be so immune to that?

Sadly nothing they did seemed to phase the sisters, quite the contrary actually. The three began to laugh at the group. "SO you don't even attempt to use your powers? How pathetic are you all?" Hannah said. she pushed Claire off her with the wave of her hand and sent the girl flying in the air toward a tree.

Rook moved to catch her with his wing and curl her into his large body. *Not today...you will not be harming my family today*

Helena lifted a brow, "So these are your family now? These weak excuses for fae? I knew you would never be strong like your father...you've always been a disappointment."

Hilda looked at the group, "You all make me glad I never had children..."

Hannah held up her hands above her head and spoke loudly. Being the eldest of the sisters she was in control now, the other two followed her. "enough of this prattling, Time to die!" She fed her magical core until it was glowing and pulsing and the other two joined their cores to hers and the power they were producing was beyond anything any of them had ever seen before...and the group took a small step back.

Before the magical attack could be released though the ground beneath all of their feet began to tremble. five balls of light rose from the ground and surrounded the sisters, one gold, one white, one black, one blue and one violet. Each ball of light transformed into a sprite of the Glen. They spoke as one and their combined voice was full of power and authority, and it was loud and difficult to bear. "We are the guardians of the Glen. We grant magic to those who are deserving of that gift, and we can take that gift away as well. You have been deemed unworthy. We have watched you and seen all the hatred and evil in your hearts and brought you to this place at this time to end your threats forever."

Hannah's core was glowing brightly and she actually attempted to use it against the sprites but even though it was her most powerful blast, they did not so much as flinch, but merely absorbed the magic.

"Foolish. We are magic. You cannot use what is ours against us, and you will no longer use it against those who work to bring the Glen back to its former glory."

"You can never kill us," Hannah spat at the sprites, "We exist in other places, other times. We will always find a way to return."

The ring of sprites grew brighter and more intense at her words, "It is not our nature to kill. You are no exception. However, no magic will ever heed your call again. Not your cores, which are dead and not magic of runes, or enchanted items, or spells. No matter what you do, magic will flee from you forever." The sprites then became balls of light and once more sank into the ground with a low rumble as they did so.

Xavier scanned the three women and lifted a brow. "Dead cores..."

Jorga smiled, "Well...it seems the Glen has seen fit to end this once and for all." He turned to Claire and Rook giving his daughter a hug, "Are you well my Dear?"

Caden watched as his mother attempted to cast magic. She tried her core, then a spell then an amulet. Nothing worked. He could see her shock and then the fear and then the knowledge of her forever fate settled in on her like a brick. he watched it all without one shred of pity. He climbed back onto Cain and waited for the others. He had nothing to say.

Rook held Claire close until Jorga neared and then he released her. Like Caden he had nothing to say. Their punishment seemed to him a just one. He honestly hoped his mother lived a long, frustrating life now that she was powerless to harm anyone.

Xavier looked at Naild and clasped a hand to his shoulder, "So...is this what you would have done?"

Naild shook his head, "No...but it is in many ways more cruel than what I would have done. My way would have afforded them swift death and an end to their suffering. This will be a constant reminder of their sins for as long as they live, however that may be. I believe they will find menial tasks a bit overwhelming..." There was a humorous glint in his eyes but his words were dead pan and serious.

Xavier climbed onto Cain, "I think it is well past time for us to be home."

Hilda frowned, "You're going to leave us here? In the middle of nowhere?"

Jorga turned to the women. "You have two options before you. We can leave you here and you can find your way to wherever you choose to live on your own. Or I can have my men see you to the exit and you can make your way out in the Glen above ground alone. His gaze was impassive, "What do you choose?"

Hannah glared at him, "I will never accept the help of a weakling like yourself."

Jorga climbed onto Cain as well, "So be it. but know, if you cause any trouble among the villages of the forest I will know, and I will see you in prison."

Xavier looked at Hilda, "It might we wise to inform your sisters of my power," he said as he climbed onto Cain.

Claire gave her father the longest hug when the sisters lost their powers! She was hugging Rook as well, healing him from whatever harm remained from his terrible mother.... She was glad they couldn't hurt anyone any longer. "Fine, dad... I'm glad you're all okay too." She said, smiling. He knew she was tougher skinned- probably because of all the attacks. She was just happy they could all go home now, and climbed on Rook's back.. "Lazar?? Are you alright?" She called down, "And Gavin?" She added, searching for them. Gavin nodded that he was okay and also checked on Lazar, who'd been awfully quiet.

Cain took to the air with his passengers, knowing Rook would be able to carry Gavin, Claire and Lazar. He flew towards the palace at a fast pace, not wanting to linger or discover any possible attackers. Hopefully things could settle down for at least a little while! They all needed to see their families, and with Lauranna so sick, she desparately needed Caden. *hurry home, you three...* he said, yawning. It had been a long day, and he looked forward to seeing his own family as well..

Marianna waited outside the palace, knowing Xavier would be home soon, and it was just chaos in the palace now. The kids had all gotten too good with the flash cards, now they were wanting to learn new things. Poor Serena was drawing up lesson plans while Morden and Nathan were in Melise's room. Aria was helping still, but some of the kids got a bright idea to pull her tail too hard, and she went scurrying back to the lab... Okay she'd try another day, but nope nope nope! Tail pulling was nope! She hid under her bed.

Ginnia made a really scary, dark looking face of anger as she saw the kids who'd pulled Aria's tail were the same tormentors who'd tried to steal her bear! Her only toy! She growled, slid off the chair she'd been sitting on, and marched right over to the bratty boys. "You listen up, Damon, Chris, Jared and Michael. You will not do that again because if you try to hurt Aria, I will stomp all over your big toes and push you in a closet every chance I get. Do not test me. It is lesson time and only one woman is teaching a whole group of kids. Now when Aria gets back you will apologize and not be so mean. She's trying to calm US down, and you're making it worse. So Stop it." She glared her meanest, hard-eyed glare that made her seem almost an adult, and they backed right down! She had a hard punch already, and they knew Billy would jump in too. She was just not having it today with other brats! Cora glanced at Ginnia and smiled.... Ginnia huffed, then stomped back to her chair... "Sorry, Mrs. Serena...." She said politely.

Serena was definitely aware that the boys had driven Aria off, and how protective Ginnia was! She smiled. "Thank you, Ginnia... Where were we..." She held up the next flash card, while simultaneously writing out spelling lessons for the older, more sophisticated ones.~

Tamsin was soon joining Marianna outside, and Theresa as well! "Little monsters attacking Aria.. I hope she's okay..." Theresa muttered. Tamsin nodded. "Yeah they are a bundle of energy today... wonder if they just need time outside to play or something.." She shrugged... she was really worried about Lazar....

Lauranna sensed Caden was on his way home and that their mission was successful. She felt really relieved! Things would calm down soon. Hopefully! She waited, still bed-ridden, but feeling a bit better from his healing energy.~

Jorga didn't let go of that hug until she did, realizing it had been a long while since she'd wanted to embrace him to tightly or so long. tears filled his eyes but he hid them well. "I am ready to go home...this has been a long tiring trip..." He smiled a soft smile then, "I need to see Theresa...."he admitted, "You don't mind that do you?" he asked Claire. he wasn't sure what they'd think of him and Theresa, but he needed her in his life. This trip had shown him that in a very profound way.

Lazar stood quietly watching everything that had happened. he'd not said anything during the exchanges or afterward, but now he went to Gavin. "I am so sorry...I should have realized they would be able to use the gateway to come here...I was foolish and blinded by my own vanity." He lifted his eyes to the younger man, "I should never have involved you at all. His placed a hand on Gavin's shoulder, "The Glen has gifted me with this, and I want to use it on you first." His new core flared to life and destroyed the spell that the sisters had cast on his core, freeing it entirely to work as it should. "Let's go home and love on our women...shall we?"

Naild was the first one off Cain's back *Don't have to tell me twice. Be safe Cain. Thank you* He ran into the palace and not seeing Rebecca out in the open with the others he ran for the library. He found her there with one of the children and scooped her up and hugged her tightly, "I missed you SO much!"

Caden gave Cain's neck a gentle caress, "Thank you my friend...if ever you need a healer...you know where to find me. I will always come to help you or any of your family." He left the dragon then and went back to Lauranna and Lauden. He sat beside her and filled her with healing warmth and calmed the babe inside her once more. "You will not believe what happened..." he said as he saw her face was full of questions so he retold the whole scene and held her hands in both of his, "They can no longer harm anyone..."

Jorga thanked Cain and then he went straight for Theresa and wrapped both his arms around her and buried his face in her hair. he held on for a long time just grateful to be home. "You were sorely miss Lassie...sorely missed." He was beaten down and soul weary and he just needed to hold onto her for a while. He didn't care what anyone thought of this, he wanted her to be in his life as his and pft if they disapproved.

Xavier saw Marianna and after thanking Cain he made his way over to her with a smile on his lips for the first time all day. "How are things going here?" he asked almost afraid to know. She didn't look like she'd spent the day wrangling children and toting supplies, she looked stunning. He rubbed his neck and stretched a little, "It's good to be home..." He looked over at Tamsin and nodded, "Lazar is coming back with Claire and Rook...should be right behind us..." He said as they landed, "And...there they are..."

Lazar climbed down carefully so as not to hurt Rook after his earlier trauma and ran over to Tamsin and grabbed her up and twirled her in a circle. He pulled her close then and kissed her soundly. "I have MUCH to tell you..." He said taking her hand and leading her away from the crowd selfishly.

Chastianna was trying to help Serena but she ended up playing on the floor with the littlest children who weren't old enough for school yet. She didn't mind but she felt bad that Serena was working so hard alone. Little Mickey though was a darling little guy. She really hoped some family would take him. He needed a mommy at this age and he was so dang cute and his little cheeks were rosy and his eyes twinkled. She was in love, but she and Gavin were already taking two and had their own child on the way, so another was out of the question wasn't it?

Aldin had been helping entertain the children too until Aria ran off. he gave the boys a stern look but he left and went after Aria. he found her hiding under her bed and knelt there smiling softly, "It's safe...I'm alone." he said gently, "You were amazing today...I think those kids are going to have to go outside tomorrow for a long bout of fresh air and exercise."

Morden finally came down from Nathan's room and found Serena hard at work with the children. "OH Honey..." he said going to her side, "I am so sorry...I should have realized you'd be working on this..." He felt like a total jerk seeing all the plan she had already made and how many children she'd already evaluated alone. "You are really good at this Honey...really good..." He was extremely impressed with what she'd done. "They're all pretty smart it seems..."

Claire smiled at her father gently. Her gold-green eyes full of happiness again. "No, I don't mind. I have a dragon man to finish healing when we get home as well. But you come find me whenever you and Theresa need any help. Love you dad." She told him. She was grateful they'd always had a good bond. She never doubted him, only herself, but after today and everything they'd all been through that had stopped. She was calmer now in a lot of new ways, and she loved Rook even more for all his endurance and his strength. When they got home, she half carried him to her room once he'd dressed, and sat him down on her bed, holding him and healing him until even his soul wouldn't hurt so much from all of the day's terrors....

Rebecca squeaked when Niald snuck up on her and scooped her up. Cora just watched the two adults hug and kiss like crazy. "Grooosss. Mushy stuff..." She made a gagging face and tore from the library fast as her feet would allow. Rebecca grinned, and kissed Niald deeply.. "I have missed you so much! And I learned what my new core power is. . .but tell me what happened Niald! Leave no detail out..." She curled up in his arms, so glad and relieved he seemed to be completely fine! Probably battle wary though, she knew..."I love you Niald.. I have been here the entire time you were gone..." She admitted... she was kind of scared to go many places. Everywhere she looked seemed to be a spirit, or groups of souls.....

Marianna ran up to Xavier once he was down from Cain's back. She hugged Cain and let Caden pet him and talk to him, knowing Cain was just purring away at all the attention before he too had to kiss Marianna's cheek once and then fly home. She hugged Xavier. "I'm well. The kids are all wound up and hyper and Serena is just calmly using flash cards for the moment and making more lesson plans as she gets the feel for their skill levels. Are you alright?" She asked him, stepping away to see if he might need a healer. "Claire and Rook? I saw them go to her room just now- they are well? What happened?" She asked.

Tamsin grinned, seeing everyone arrive just fine! She was glad to be whisked away by Lazar. "I love you, you wonderful man you.." She told him, kissing him deeply as they returned to Lazar's house... She was right there in feeling like she didn't want to share him at all!

Theresa had never cared for people's opinions. She reached up on her tip-toes, being a bit shorter than he was, and kissed him very deeply, knowing he was soul weary and battle-lined. She held him by the shoulders, and gazed into his eyes. "It has been chaotically busy, my love... but I have thought about you night and day...Everyone is well now?" She asked, standing still, pressed against him. Her long red-gold hair was in a braid, a few strands were loose, but her maid's uniform ruffled in the breeze a bit as she tried to read what he'd been through... She knew he needed a lot of comfort that night, and she was more than happy to give that to him.

Gavin staggered in sometime after Cain and Rook had left. He thanked Lazar for healing his core, and plopped next to Chastianna who was cuddling and loving on Mickey. Serena had put the flash games away and was now teaching them new games ring around the circle, and duck duck goose helped break up the monotony. He was glad just to watch their innocent faces light up with play time...

Serena laughed. "Card games were fun, but they definitely need a way to break the monotony... I'll have some more lesson plans for them by tonight.. I think today they should be fine playing here for a moment.. Unless we want to take them all outside and let them climb trees like monkeys?" She suggested smiling at him. She was having fun learning their strengths, helping each individual child with their weaknesses until they'd caught up.

Aria meowed loudly at Aldin, her tail swishing as she pounced on him, changing into a small black and white kitty, licking his face. She shifted human after a while though and hugged him. "It's fine, just had to take a break." She told him, glad to be in is arms right now, and that things seemed to calm down. "Miss you though... maybe we should take a mini break?" She suggested.

Irena took advice from Marianna and several other guards, that she was needed at the palace. She was reluctant though, she honestly had no idea what she could be used for, other than maybe help for Theresa! She sighed- thinking too, there wouldn't be much room for her. She traveled through the forest, until she was back at Malthen Ana. The palace loomed ahead, huge and beautiful as ever. She looked at it warily, then went to the woods, to check on the area here. She wasn't at all aware of any possibility that anyone else would be in these woods, and sighed in relief at just being alone for a moment, to catch her breath. She would ask villagers, other families, later on if they were interested in adopting children.... But for now, she checked on the land here. She felt some of the tree barks, and healed whatever was needed to, unaware that she was glowing brilliant blue-green, visible from miles away as the land and water healed over. She thought she was completely alone..~

Jorga looked into that face and grinned at her words, "Oh I can imagine," he said, "We kept sending more and more children back...we have room don't we?" he asked, "Or do we need to start building a bigger palace?" Then he sobered a bit and just let himself look at her, "And I you my fiery elf...this trip hurt my soul....I'm tired in more ways than I can say." he looked it too. "I'm ready to step down and let someone else rule. I think Naild is ready...he may not but he is a better king already than I ever was."

Naild kissed her and hugged her for a long time before sitting down and pulling her onto his lap. "Ok I will go first but I want to hear about your powers and what you've learned..." he said looking at her and then he told her about all the villages and how one nearly everyone was dead. He had tears in his eyes a few times talking about the children and the loss of life, but other times when he was speaking about the leaders they'd left behind and how they were going to meet with them once a month or more and message back and forth his eyes were full of life and passion. "The people are amazing Rebecca...they'd been suffering so much and been so ill, but still they were kind and welcoming. I was in awe of them all...their resilience and the way they bonded as a community." Then he spoke of the sisters and what had happened to Rook and the sisters. "So the Glen stripped them of their magic and left them alive with nothing. Far more cruel fate than I had planned," he admitted. "So...tell me about your powers and what you've been doing...I missed you so much...."

Xavier hugged her, "I am fine. I rarely am injured, though I can't give a reason for that. Rook is weak, but I think Claire can help him." He told her about the sisters and all that had happened. "I think Lazar blames himself...but clearly this was all the doing of the Glen, to have all three together and strip them all of power at the same time as a show of their ultimate power over magic." he reached down for her hand and twined their fingers, "So....I know you've always lived out in the forest....but you are welcome to stay here at the palace..." He stopped walking and looked at her, "I would like you to stay, Marianna." He watched her face and waited wondering what she'd say to that.

Lazar sat down on the bed with her in what he was now calling their house. He told her everything that happened to the sisters and how his idea had backfired and brought them here. "I should never have opened the gateway. I should have realized they would sue it too...I was so egotistical...Tamsin...this could have gone sooo wrong...I'm so sorry..."

Chastianna hopped up and hugged Gavin close, "I was soo worried...what happened??" She could see he was upset and tired, and she wanted to know why.

Morden looked at her, "Serena Love....you realize it's dinner time right? there's no daylight left for them to go outside and play....but tomorrow for sure we need to get them out there...maybe we can have the guards teach them to ride a horse...we'll need to build a park...or a playground of some kind..." He kissed her temple. She'd been working hard all day, and hadn't even realized how much time had passed. She was a wonder.

Aldin chuckled when he was pounced and then hugged by the woman. "yeah...I miss you too even though we were together all day, I'm not used to sharing your with so many other people." he pulled her a little closer and when she suggested a little break he smiled, "That sounds like a very good idea. He powered his lips to hers and brushed them across hers gently, giving her a chance to turn away.

Ellisar sat looking back over his morbid existence and thinking what an idiot he really was, especially in how he had treated Aria and Aldin who were just tying to be good friends to him. He too thought he was alone so he was talking to himself, "You need to stop pushing people away and take chances. There's no reason to keep your head in machines all day. But you like machines. I know I like machines but machines can't love you or hold you. No that's true...they can't. The only way to get out of there is to get out of there. Obviously. How do I do that though? I'm horrible at talking to people...I never say the right thing...ever. Even if I think of what to say a day ahead of time it doesn't come out right. you're overthinking it Ellisar, just be yourself, be natural. That's what everyone else does. How do you know what everyone else does? Well it seems obvious what they do, doesn't it? Nothing of this nature is obvious , you should know that by now. I should know a lot of things by now that I am completely ignorant of and you know it. Yes, you really are. it's a pity really...you need to get out there and be brave...bold..."

• Haha
Jorga made her heart hurt, hearing him say he wasn't a good king. "You were the best king, Jorga. You did the best you possibly could- both for your family and the villagers...It was never your fault people are always deceptive and like too much to do things their own way... the fault was not yours. I am glad Niald will make a good king, it has been hard on you..I think he will take it in better strides... his girlfriend Rebecca will be a big help." She smiled, then lead him away to his room again. They were both tired. She would see more of what happened in his dreams.... she wouldn't need words, but she was glad the sisters had been defeated so smoothly and efficiently. "Rest Jorga.. I am here with you." She said, kissing him as she helped him to bed.

Rebecca was truly horrified at the loss of life. She doubted strongly she would have been able to handle so much loss of innocent people... That was truly horrific how far the poachers had spread their poison and their lack of concern for others. She listened until he'd told her everything. "I am relieved to know there were lives at all to be spared and rescued. Sounds like Claire was a huge help as well. . . and you of course, were magnificent..." She kissed him again...then drew out Jia's diary. "Apparently my core lets me see dead souls, spirits and ghosts... I spoke first with my mother, who was afraid of the spirit world, and had told me to not be alone, ever. I think she was overwhelmed by the power though and it drove her towards insanity. . .hopefully that won't happen again but I'm going to attempt to control and learn to use it...I see ghosts and spirits everywhere I go though, so . .. .it's complicated..." She added, a little afraid of it.

Tamsin hugged and kissed Lazar, soothing him.. "No...it's alright, Lazar.. you had a good idea, but the Glenn had already had enough of evil and the sisters and took care of their troublesome ways for you...I am grateful, really, really grateful. And everyone made it home safely... I could not ask for anything more." She assured him, holding him in her arms.

Gavin hugged and kissed Chastianna deeply before he answered her, sparing none of the details. Even he hadn't really realized how much time had passed, but as soon as he did he was shocked. "No wonder these kiddos are so rowdy...Better make a big dinner for all of them. I think Theresa and Jorga are resting..." He said, tugging Chastianna into the kitchen... In a moment, he had leftovers from last night heated and set before the kids and adults. He worked fast, and let everyone have as much as they wanted..It helped him be busy in the kitchen, and was the least he could do.

Serena thanked Gavin, and turned to Morden, smiling sheepishly.. "No, I guess I didn't.. Alright kids- free play day tomorrow!" She told them, and they all cheered and suddenly were perfectly behaved! Ginnia snickered, and enjoyed the supper as she sat next to Billy. She hadn't seen much of Mumford, but she was pretty sure he was busy being a guard or something helpful. She had been good all day though as had Billy and many others. The new kids had already been trained in some of the basics though, which made it easier on Serena to finish the lesson plans.

Marianna smiled... and held Xavier's large hands in her own smaller ones after hugging him in return. "I am relieved.... I am sure everyone will be fine... with lots of rest with their loved ones..." She thought seriously a moment on moving into the palace... she wouldn't take much space as she had nothing to bring with her. "Okay.....same room next to yours?" She asked him, her eyes full of meaning. Silently letting him know she would not sharing his own room to conserve space in the palace, at all.... He was a trustworthy, strong, valiant man and she'd not been this attached to any one in years.

Aria was surprised by that kiss! But it was so soft. . .and he made her curious. She'd not experienced a lot of love or warmth from anyone in her life- and guys considered her stupid or flighty or worse, . .. stuck up or full of herself. When she'd ironically spent a lot of her younger years trying to escape from herself. But Aldin brought her to a much safer, calmer headspace. He was constantly there with her. He knew everything about her and hadn't run from her at all. . . She wanted to know what love was like --desperately- at least once in her life. She ignited the passion, her hands lifting to hold him, as she deepened the kiss. Her long pale hair fell over her shoulders, but she was too lost in the kiss to notice much else. He tasted nice, like vanilla.... and he smelled wonderful as always. She wanted him.... she'd never been intimate with anyone before, and she could understand now, what the big deal was. Even through something simple as a kiss, it said so much more than words could.

Irena had sent her shockwave of healing energy throughout the land. It would cause the ground Ellisar was sitting on to warm up instantly, and shift into a lighter healthier color... She did hear his inner monologue and smiled slightly. This poor guy sounded like he was really, truly love deprived! She made her way over to where he heard his voice and watched him sitting there in the field, in the middle of the night! That couldn't be too safe. . ..She slunk closer, until she was tapping him on the shoulder..."Excuse me...sir...it's not always safe here at night . .. are you well?" She asked, her luminous eyes full of worry. Her long blue-green hair hung in waves to her waist. She was tired, from using so much energy healing the earth, water, and animals, but she wasn't sleepy. She would crash in a tree branch or something later if she needed to... but this guy . . .. he had her interest. .. . He seemed so lonely...

Claire held Rook in her arms, tenderly, stroking his dark hair and giving him waves of calm, soothing healing energy as they both rested. She was tormented by all the losses of life from every village, even more than the encounter with those horrible villagers. Silently, she thanked the skies for their swift responses in healing the water and replenishing it.... "Rook... I want you to know I love you. It's been a hard day for us both... but will you be alright?" She asked, her eyes starting to close from fatigue.

Jorga shook his head. "I was never cut out for this job, Theresa." he said soberly, "I have always been a warrior,and never intended to rule anything. This job is meant for men cut of a different cloth than I...it's ok though...I did my best as a man ill-equipped for the job. I"m ok with being limited." He went with her to his room then and as he sat on the bed and she ministered to him he grabbed her hands and pulled her up. "I know you're tired...and here you are tending to me..." He leaned closer and kissed her. "I don't know what took me so long to see you...I"m sorry for that...but being away was hard and I know that you are part of me now...I want there to be an us Theresa...a forever kind of us..."

Naild looked at the journal and then listened as she spoke about seeing spirits. "So we both have ancient powers that haven't been around for generations. That's interesting to me." He held her hand and enjoyed being close to her again. "This trip was really hard on King Jorga," he told her sadly, "I'm not sure he's going to want to be king much longer so I may be thrown into that a lot sooner than I expected." He was letting his thumb rub along her hand as he spoke, "I'm glad our cores are different, because we are going to have a very different and maybe difficult life together. You still want to travel this road with me?" His eyes looked up then meeting hers and the question was there lingering tainted with a little bit of fear that she'd change her mind once she realized how much work and sacrifice being with him was really going to cast.

Lazar held her tight. "I do not deserve you in any way...you are aware of this I hope." He kissed her then and then whispered, "And if you aren't...I am going to take advantage of that fact and hold onto you forever.."

Billy had been running a covert crowd control operation all day, giving kids the 'EYE' and swift hand motions that were signals to behave or else. Even while Ginnia was yelling at the boys, Billy was behind her shooting them the 'EYE' with a slow shake of his head 'NO' and they knew what would happen if ANY of them attempted to cross her or even talk back to her. All the boys knew Ginnia was off limits. Anyone who upset her or hurt her had Billy to deal with and they knew it.

Chastianna listened and hugged him, "Oh Gavin...that's horrible, but I'm glad everyone is home safe and that the sisters are not going to be able to hurt anyone ever again." She couldn't believe they'd mentioned her, and for what reason? Because her core was dark? did those stupid sisters thing that made her evil like them? She went with him to the kitchen, "I'm really proud of you Gavin..." she said as they worked together getting food for everyone, "You never hesitate to jump in and help. You're such a giver and I love that about you."

Morden chuckled at the kid's reaction and then tugged Serena to her feet and hugged her close, letting his hands smooth up and down her back. "Nathan is willing to teach. I think a few others will be willing to as well. I was considering asking Aldin. Do you think he'd be interested?"

She asked for the same room next to his and he smiled in relief, "That can be arranged." he smirked. "He wasn't the kind of man to make assumptions or expect things to be handed to him on a silver platter. She was a magnificent woman and he didn't mind putting in the effort required to win her trust, affections and love. In fact, if he didn't have to work at it he likely would not have as much respect for her as he did. "I don't know about you," he said as they began to walk toward the palace, "But I am starving..."

Mumford had been training hard, learning what was required of him as a guard and practicing with the weapons that the guards used. He was tired and sore, but he was proud of the work and his new life. He made his way to the dining area to look for Ginnia and seeing her sitting so properly at the table made him smile. He bent and kissed her hair and hugged her as he sat down. "Did you have a good day Sweetheart?" he asked.

Aldin wasn't sure what to expect when he chanced that kiss but it wasn't the fire he was receiving in return. He arms tightened around her and held her more securely to himself as he reveled in the deepening passion that was igniting between them. He could tell by the way her hands were moving and the kiss itself that she wanted things she'd never had before. There was no method to what she was doing, she was exploring and tasting and learning. He was humbled and instantly gentled his touches and manner. He was ok letting her take the lead and discover what she wanted, and hopefully she'd let him show her what this could all be, but he wasn't going to rush into that if she wasn't ready. She might think she was but then get overwhelmed. He wasn't about to lose her be being an idiot with her trust of him. "Let's get off the floor..." he said with a smile against her lips.

Ellisar hadn't noticed the warmer earth beneath him, and he hadn't heard her approaching. When she touched his shoulder he jumped up and spun around so fast that he ended up facing away from her and had to turn back to see who was there. He tried to make that look intentional but there was no way that was happening so he attempted to look manly and secure instead, "No worries...I am totally capable of handling myself." he peered at her strangely though and even leaned closer in the darkness to see her better, "Who are you? I've never seen your around the palace...I would have remembered." he blinked and shook his head a bit, "I mean...I know everyone in the palace and in the hamlet...I've lived there for over forty years." He'd never seen anyone with that particular color hair or who's entire body glowed like that...well caden and lauranna seemed to when they were next to each other, but he figured that was a core bond thing between husbands and wives. She was just glowing all on her own.

Rook had been shaken when eh'd been face to face with his mother again. And hearing her words of disappointment and hatred hadn't helped. He knew she was evil, but everyone wants their mother to love them, be proud of them. That dream had died today. "I am fine Claire...Caden healed most of it and you healed the rest...get some sleep..." His mind was such a mess of emotions and contradictory thoughts and feelings. Maybe tomorrow he'd talk through them, but for now he kept it all inside.

• Love
Theresa gazed lovingly into his eyes as his gentle hands ministered such sweet, tender treatment over her sore, over-worked body, she instantly melted. She was in love all over again as he told her his intentions, and she was so proud of him. He had been a fair ruler. And fairer still to let Niald reign as soon as the lad was ready. "It took as long as it needed for you to see me, Jorga... and I am glad to be here now, with you. The forever us sounds even more amazing and I look forward to it as well. I would love to be your wife. You are kind, generous, and you never fail in anything as far as I'm concerned." She told him, stroking his soft hair, softly...She truly did love him. He probably hadn't seen her in so long because he had so much on his mind. She hoped soon that stress and tension of ruling would ease, bit by bit. And as always, she would help with anything he needed.~

Rebecca smiled sadly at Niald mentioning how hard the trip was for the king. "I can't imagine- being in his position, dealing with so many trecherous people... And so many awful things going behind his back too! It makes me mad, seeing how many kids are here now when they should be with their families..." She blinked back tears. "I hope I am good enough to keep going on this road with you, Niald. I only want to be with you; I'm not real concerned about the details.. I've been studying a lot of queen stuff, most of it's meetings, showing up all pretty and politics and... okay the politics I know I'm going to be a little lost on . . ." She sighed. "But I'll read more books about those if I need to. Trust me, that's literally all I've done while you were away- trying to prepare myself just so I can be ready to help you through this transition. I love you Niald." She said, kissing him gently.. She had missed him so much...The chaotic events at the palace had distracted her momentarily from that deep pain, but it was back, and she was extremely worried about not being good enough to be beside him, though she would work on that as well as everything else she needed to! she was not afraid of hard work or sacrifice. Challenges were just part of life.

Serena grinned, loving how Morden's hands felt on her bare skin. It always sent shivers down her spine, but in a good way! "I think so. He's very intelligent, and knows about many things... he could even organize a nature hunt for tomorrow's excursions." She added, thoughtfully. She'd have to wait until the morning to see him and ask him, but she would ask over breakfast. And maybe Aria would teach them about different animals. Ideas were readily forming in her mind how to keep the youngsters well occupied and out of trouble.

Gavin had watched Billy keep his eyes glued to Ginnia the entire day. It made him smile as he hugged and kissed Chastianna deeply. "Thanks hon.. I felt pretty ueless during the fight against the sisters really.. but it's alright. I don't have much fear of them anymore at all... I feel horrible for Rook though, and Claire. They seem really targeted a lot. I think Rook's going to have issues a while with his mom and what she'd said to him...." He shook his head..."I will be glad when this is smoothed over and things calm down...I ask myself every day though- will it ever be peaceful?" He sighed, then took plates away from kids who'd had plenty, washing them in the sink.

Ginnia had missed Mummy and hopped from the chair and hugged him. "Missed you dad- yeah we had lessons all day, but everyone's caught up with the alphabet and numbers... Serena's a good teacher." She added, smiling. She herself had had plenty of fun, and things to do, helping Billy wrangle the naughtier kids. She'd definitely noticed him giving the stank eye to the bullies and it had made her grin... "Did you have a hard time learning guard-stuff?" She asked, looking at him with a more somber expression that he was definitely used to. She worried about him a lot.

Tamsin giggled as Lazar whispered in her ear about taking advantage...and other ideas formed quickly in her mind.. "You can always take advantage of that Lazar... and other ways too? Unless you're tired and need to rest.." She added, kissing his neck...

Irena blinked as he jumped a foot in the air! She'd forgotten her stealth abilities and apologized, quickly dimming the glow around her. "Sorry- I was healing the earth from any possible traces of the poachers' poison... It had spread to every village. But where are my manners... I am Irena. I lived in the woods of one village that had been poisoned and run by poachers. The same ones who'd hurt Claire also killed many, many other people ... and more children are without parents... they're at the palace now, but I'm hoping to ask around and see if anyone in the city wants to adopt children. I don't live at the palace. I just live outside, like Marianna used to- but she's with Xavier... so... good for her." She shrugged. She didn't have any grudges against lovey-mushy couples. She'd tried dating, but like Ellisar, she wasn't always adept with words. Sentences formed great in her mind. . .outloud they sounded as if she were a complete moron....

Tears streamed down Claire's face at her complete idiocy .... of course Rook was not alright! How could he be? his mother had attacked them, tried to steal his heart and rule over everything with her vile sisters... She wiped them away, and rolled over, still in Rook's arms, but faced away so he wouldn't see her pain, the fact her heart was in knots of agony didn't matter. . .she just hoped she would soon be able to soothe and calm Rook's soul. She drifted to sleep, letting him rest as well.

Aria blinked up at Aldin, when he said they should get off the floor. At first she almost didn't hear him, but then she nodded, letting him help her up, to his own room, where she continued kissing his neck. She wasn't at all sorry for not being graceful, or smooth, she had never known a man's touch- she'd always wondered. . . .what one felt like. And now she was getting to explore on her own,... the best part was there was simply no fear at all, only a strange warmth rising in her body. .. she was still speechless that she was finally experiencing this thing called love...

Marianna was happy to go back to the kitchen with Xavier, holding his hand the entire time. He felt so solid- strong and safe! "Definitely could eat." She agreed. Then, she helped a few other kids clear the table when they had plenty, and washed the extra dishes, making Gavin smile his thanks. Marianna let Xavier choose what he wanted for his leftovers and heated up a plate of her own. As usual, Theresa's cooking was fantastic! She didn't expect to see the elf-lady around though, knowing King Jorga had finally plenty of time to rest and relax with her. She was happy that everyone seemed to be finding love.

Jorga smiled at her words. She was always seeing the best in him and it amused him greatly. "The lad is already more prepared to be King than I ever was." he told her, "You should have seen him with the people in the villages Theresa...they gravitated toward him and he held their hearts before we left each village. They were calling him Sire before we left and he kept correcting them, but they were right. That boy is the king." He listened as she spoke of their future and when she said she'd love to be his wife he pulled her close and kissed her soundly, "Then my wife you shall be...though...will you still want me when I am but a lowly member of the guard?" he teased as he loosed her clothing.

Naild pulled her closer, "I know you are good enough. You are more than good enough." He leaned back and looked at her, "You make me braver, and stronger...you inspire me to be a better man than I am...and I have loved you since i was five. In all the time since then I have never dreamed of any life apart from you...and now that this is upon us, I cannot face it without you at my side. Never doubt your worthiness Bec...I need you as much as I love you. Being away for these few days proved that to me...I was fighting to be strong...it was hard alone." And somehow the fact that they were both gifted so oddly seemed by design to him. It seemed the Glen had them in mind for this time and place and made sure they were prepared with proper magic. "I'm not sure there will be a lot of politics involved since all the races are here now...but I imagine there will be a lot of meetings and gatherings. Sorry...we'll have to dress up a lot I fear..."

Morden tipped his head, "That sounds like an excellent idea Love...hopefully he'll be willing. The children need time outdoors...we both know that..." He moved her back over to the dining table and sat down next to her. "Dinner and then a long hot soak in the tub for you..." he said with a smile. He intended to pamper her tonight in all the best ways.

Chastianna listened and she could feel his own frustrations and worries in there with his worries for the others. "I think Claire will be able to help Rook through anything. They do seem to be the targets of a lot of bad things, but that's drawing them closer and making them strong, don't you think?" she asked. She tended to always see the up side of things. She saw his gaze going to Billy and she grinned, "It's cute how he protects Ginnia isn't it?"

Mumford smiled, "Well you're a smart girl. I always knew that." he said with pride, "No , they are teaching me patiently. I'm sore, but it's not a bad thing." He gave her hand a squeeze, "This is going to be a good change for us I think, don't you?"

Lazar fell with her back onto the bed, "OH HO!" he said cheekily, "Is that a challenge my Love?" he asked, "Me? Tired? I am never THAT tired..." He said as he flipped her over and pinned her to the mattress with his body, "Where shall I start?" he asked as he began undoing clothing with his teeth.

Ellisar listened as she explained that she lived outside. "Do you mean to say that you live outside the village or outside..as in for instance...here...outside." he arms moved in a circle as he spoke to signify he meant the immediate outside where he was currently standing. The very notion of such a thing baffled his mind to such an extent he was rendered speechless. "May I ask why?" he ventured, "I...well I do live in the palace...or more correctly...below it in my workshop laboratory." Oh that sounded even more horrible now that he heard it aloud. "I am an inventor...and forgive me but did you say you were healing the land? As in the actual dirt?" What an interesting magical core ability. "Sorry I reacted so violently to your arrival. I thought I was quite alone."

Aldin sat with her on his bed and ran his fingers through her hair and touched her softly as she kissed his neck and had his body standing at attention with relative ease though she was inexperienced. He let her touch him and taste where ever she wanted. He felt her explorations more acutely than he could have imagined. Sure, it had been a long time but that didn't explain the way he was feeling. He unbuttoned his shirt and tossed it aside to let her feel more of his skin, needing her to actually. He lifted her hand and kissed her fingertips and then put her hand on his chest again.

Xavier chuckled, "Good...then let's eat and then we can go back to my room and relax if you'd like. I have a lot of books and a nice fireplace to relax in front of..." He was offering more time and that time to be alone where they could talk a bit without a million ears hearing every word they said. He had no idea if she would accept but he hoped she would.

• Love
Theresa chuckled at the 'lowly guard' comment! "As if I were ever in a position to judge or care what rank you were or will be, Jorga." She said smiling. It was rare when she could relax, breathe, and simply be in love with this man, and she fully intended to enjoy the rest of the night. She was glad the kitchen and the kids were in capable hands. She let him undress her as she too, let her hands help him out of his pants and his boxers. How magnificent he looked to her eyes, even now! She was a lucky servant-girl and she knew it. She kissed him, letting her hands continue rubbing against his back, easing the painful-feeling knots and stress tensions away as best she could. They would be slow tonight, as lovers should be, focused only on enjoying each other. "I love you my husband." She told him, kissing him deeply.

Rebecca's worries about the complicated matters eased and she was glad too, they had such unique gifts. Ghosts and spirits really only wanted to tell her what had happened to them, and things that they knew. She'd felt quite guided throughout this whole time, even alone, she was never lost in the palace. It was massive enough to house hundreds of children really; and she'd always been able to find spare rooms for anyone who needed it, taking the load off Theresa's shoulders a bit as well. "I am fine with that, Niald.. I could practice being...girlier ... " She made a face at the loss of her tomboy-innocence. "It won't hurt me at all. I'll ask Tamsin on fashiony...things. She really is a good dresser. I was never shown those things." She shrugged. "I missed you like crazy, Niald.. I love you, and I am sorry it was so hard for all of you out there. . .I wouldn't mind going with you on your next trip or journey, and I will help with whatever I can.." She told him, holding his hands in her own, it felt so good to have him with her again. She did smile though, and reassured him she wasn't only capable of seeing dead things.. "Apparently my core is strong, like Lauranna and Caden's...I've practiced a little bit, when I wasn't burrowed in books." She admitted, then changed her outfit from the sky blue blouse and dark pants, magically, to a golden gown that fell just above her ankles, with gold shoes, and then back again to her regular outfit. She too, could make things magically appear- from a tray of food for them to enjoy- leftovers from last night, but fully warmed and still delicious, to even pitchers of cold iced tea with shiny, gold and silver glasses. This was the fun part of her powers- she had been so muted and held back for so long, she'd never really been allowed to discover what she could do. So she was definitely ready and looking forward to being Niald's wife when that day came.

Serena chuckled as Morden was prepared to spoil her all night after supper. She found herself in love with this man all over again and kissed him gently, for being as sweet as he always was. She didn't know what she'd have done if she had lost Morden when she came back with her memories. She knew very well though, she would not have been able to handle so much tragedy alone...

Gavin nodded, seeing Billy stand ever close to Ginnia, no matter if Mumford was there or not! He was of course, respectful and polite to Mumford, and had always liked the guy- he tried to be fair to everyone, not like the other poacher jerks. He'd miss his family, as did the other children. But the palace life was kinda nice too, and a huge comfort for them, being around so many good adults, it gave them encouragement and reminded them that though there were evil people in the world, they still had really amazing ones too. Billy liked Ginnia's long dark hair and her flashing eyes. She was strong, brave, had seen some really horrific things, and still made it out alright. She was inspiring to him. He watched as Mickey finished his dinner, then tried to carry his plate and silverware by himself to the big sink! Quickly, Gavin stepped in and washed his plate and silverware for him..."Don't worry little guy- you'll be tall before you know it. Thanks for trying though." Gavin said with a wink. He soon had wrangled up all the boys to make sure they'd all taken their baths, and changed into their pj's. Some needed stories to help them sleep, but the older ones were exhausted from learning new things, and fell asleep pretty quickly. He tucked Violet and Allin in as well, so happy to hear the lad be able to speak again. He wondered how Lauranna was fairing with Chastianna's baby. From Theresa's reports, not too well, unfortunately. But Caden was back now and probably healing her every day. Downstairs, he finished cleaning up the dining room and kitchen, then turned to kiss Chastianna as she'd tucked in the girls for bed as well. Cora had claimed she was grossed out by Rebecca and Niald doing "mushy things!" and that made him smile..

Ginnia and Billy were the last to go to bed. Ginnia was listening to her dad tell about his exhausting day, training as a guard.. "I know you can do it, dad. You're strong as any of them. I'm not sleepy though... " She said. Normally she'd be out like a light by this time, but oddly enough she wanted to be awake. Maybe she was turning into a night owl? She also noticed something else that day- no matter what Serena's lesson plan was, it didn't look complicated to her, and she'd figured out the answers both for spelling -and- math on her own in her head! She'd also paid attention to the adults' talking about core magic and had been awfully curious to see if she had anything interesting in her at all, or if she was just normal. Turned out she had total control over water, could find the source of water, and could even purify it, similar to how Irena did- only, she'd never tried the healing the earth or animals, or even people yet... She was a little afraid of it really. What if one day she woke up and ended up drowning someone on accident, or even herself in her sleep? What a stupid way to go. Stupid.. Really stupid! She didn't tell Mumford anything, or the adults, because her mother had also been gifted with water magic. So she too, had secrets she'd kept from him, not wanting to add to his distress. . . she never told him everything the night her mother was hurt and killed. She didn't tell him, for example, the original plan was to kidnap her and hold her until he cooperated with everything he did. Or that they'd be sold into slavery at the end. . .but the guy had liked killing women and children too much to waste time with that. . . Ginnia had been alone with her dead mother's body at least a whole day, crying and pleading for the wonderful woman to wake up and get help.... to open her eyes and read her a story again the way she'd always done when Mumford was out for days at a time. By the time Mumford found his wife, he'd been a wounded bear, furious and enraged . . .and then lost. So lost... Ginnia hoped her dad would find love again, he deserved peace for atoning for his own crimes. She didn't know how long he'd be alright, but she would do what she could to at least make him stay sane, and calm. She hated for him to be sad.~

Irena blushed! Well when he said it like that. .. ."No- I mean Marianna and I sleep outside in the trees, or on the ground. I had a hut, back in my village of course, but I just don't like enclosed spaces, so I was never there much." She thought a moment, trying to get her own words on track again. "I can heal the earth all the way down to its' core. As well as animals, yes, dirt, water, and air if need be. People? I've never tried to heal fae or other beings before." She shrugged. "Claire was very helpful with her storm calling, so everyone now has pure water and a good source of food again. Those poachers had poisoned everything in their path.. it took days of healing." she explained everything that had happened on the way to the palace. "So, no I've never set foot inside this palace." She shrugged, having outdoors around her was a comfort, it brought her closer to the source of her magic; but then that was always with her, so it wouldn't matter if she slept outside or in doors. . .It was definitely getting colder, as winter snuck up on them with little warning aside from colder days and gustier winds. "The lab? What kinds of things do you invent? I'm not so clever. I just help earth and water mostly.." She shrugged. She was curious about Ellisar. He sounded like he had it pretty well-together, aside from a social life. But then, she was also pretty reclusive and it probably showed! Gods swallow her up in the ground right now before she embarrassed herself.... This guy probably had no interest in her and was probably waiting for her to go away...~

Aria groaned in aching need of Aldin's body on top of hers. She felt his chest, his back, his shoulders, how strong he was! She blushed, feeling a thousand times more adult and mature than she possibly understood. From wrecked childhood, to precarious teenaged years of not having anyone to discuss emotions or feelings with- hahah Ellisar was NOT a guy she really spoke to about the deep feelings she sometimes could barely tolerate inside her. Like something was just permanently trapped, clawing its way out. She'd no idea if it was a new form waiting for her to shift, or just violent Teenaged angst, that she'd struggled with as well. She'd hidden it well, by mostly not being inside. Out doors was more her haven. She could claw at a tree as a bear and rip things to ribbons as much as she wanted it to be her parents' faces. She knew for a fact they lived in Malthen Ana, had for years. Sometimes she saw them shopping in the city stores, and her heart ached every time she saw them. Once or twice she'd dived at her mother's bright silvery-gold hair, stealing a few strands from her scalp and then flying away before her father could slap her hawk form away. She had lived years at times, away from the palace, and none had been the wiser. But Aldin . .. here he was, tall and amazingly calm. He was so calm he kept -her- calm! It didn't matter so much anymore that she knew where her parents were and that they still wished she was dead. Hadn't they told her even at 3, 4... no man would ever love her because she was damned useless? She smiled faintly, but chased the memories and thoughts away. She did not want to think about anything except for Aldin. He was her happy place. And it was here she wanted to stay. She kissed him, banishing all other brutal thoughts from her mind, and showing him just how deeply, how much she loved him. She drew him closer, her arms encircling around his shoulders and neck, finally drawing him as close to her as he'd ever been. . .this was their night, the night truth came out. Her eyes were dark, but full of love as she gazed into his. "I love you Aldin... Please. . ..I need you now..." She said, her breathing a little steadier as she felt his heart beat under her small hand...

Tamsin giggled as she was plopped right back onto Lazar's bed! She was quite glad he wasn't tired, really. She ran her hands through his soft hair, down his back and touched him in all the places that drove him to be quite wild. "Good. And you can start anywhere you like, my lovely Fae-man." She said. She loved him. Human, fae, any way he was. She was in love with him from the first time she'd met him. . .LONG after Xavier had spurned her slight interest in him. He felt he was above princesses- not that she was one anymore thank goodness! The very title Princess Tamsin had sounded so stupid to her own ears...She loved her family, but gods the trouble that circled them was almost too much at times. Lazar had been there from her first tears, so full of understanding and good intentions. She'd known he was trying very hard to atone for his crimes as a young lad, the circumstances had not favored him in the past- but she was there, showing him the way, and had been glad to help him establish a peaceful life.. it meant the world to her when he was able to confront the centaurs and express his deepest apologies. He always tried, to do good. And now the sisters were defeated, and they could certainly focus on their own love-life again. She kissed Lazar deeply, fiercely, full of passion and fire he always ignited in her.

Marianna grinned, watching the adults tuck the youngsters into their nice cozy beds. She smiled. "Books are always good to have." She agreed. She would help out every day, with whatever was necessary, but it was nice- to come home to a cozy place... She hadn't had a home since the drunken morons had murdered her fiance and burned their home. She'd fled the city life, delving deep into the woods, seeking refuge there from all living males. She had cried for six days, off and on, traveling, wandering. She had been 17 at the time of disaster. She'd lived in the woods until her present age of 25, so nine years alone, until she'd met Cain and the other dragons. Cain had avenged her swiftly, with great sense of justice, burning that group of men down. Only one had escaped. She would head to Xavier's room when he was ready to head out. Things had certainly quieted down now. Even Mickey had gone to bed, though he did look quite avidly for Aria-kitty before falling asleep. "I'm definitely ready for a nice cozy talk by the fire and then sleep..." She said, smiling at him as she took their dishes to wash them in the sink once they'd finished. She had had a long adventure, and definitely could use some rest from all the trouble and horror she'd seen the last few days.

Jorga had intended to be the one doing the massaging but she seemed intent on doing so for him. He let her but then he laid her on her stomach and gently returned the favor. "You work too hard. I am going to hire more staff so that you can relax a bit more, or have time to do as you would like." He kissed her neck and shoulders and back as he worked out the stiffness. He was glad to be home and have her there with him. He'd seen so many broken families. SO much loss of life. he was feeling especially thankful tonight and he intended to make very certain she knew just how thankful he really was for her.

Naild held her hand and smiled at her saying she loved him. he'd waited so long to hear those words and he doubted he'd ever grow tired of hearing them. "I want you to be you, Rebecca...if you like dressing casual then do that. If you want to learn about fashion, then do that, but don't try to twist yourself into something you aren't." He watched her change her clothes and create the food and smiled, "Those are helpful skills..." he noted and ate some of the food. "I ran right by the dining room to get here...I am hungry though." he grinned at her, "Growing boy and all..." It had been a hard few days filled with lots of physical work and emotional strain, so he was in need of recharging in both areas. "I'm looking forward to sleeping in a regular bed tonight...my muscles will be thankful for a hot shower too...but I had to see you first." he kissed her again, feeling anxious for the time when they could marry and be a united team in ruling the fae.

Chastianna had been helping the girls with showers and then brushing their hair. Some of the girls hadn't had their hair brushed in a long time and getting the rats out took time and patience, both for the girls and for her. She made sure the girls all had pretty braids with boys to compensate for the pain of the detangling, "It won't be so bad from now on," she promised, "We'll brush it every day and it will never be this bad again." He found she really enjoyed playing with their hair and making it pretty. Violet had very long, thick hair and she'd had to make two braids for her and it was still thick. Cora had very curly hair that was difficult to brush, but she make a ribbon to frame her face and keep the curls back and out of her eyes which delighted the girl. The last children to arrive had a family of five brothers and sisters, who did not want to be separated and chose to stay in one room together. The oldest brother saying he could care for them, and bathe them. She allowed him to do so understanding their need to keep what was left of their family together. She helped the other girls from that group though and fixed their hair as well. She kissed them and was about to put the last of them, Cora, to bed when Gavin entered. She was complaining of mushy stuff and Chastianna chuckled and kissed Gavin, "Well...one day you won't mind the mushy stuff Sweetie...it's kind of nice."

Mumford lifted a brow, "You may not be tired Dear, but you need to rest. You are growing and that takes a lot out of your body." He knew she hadn't told him everything about the day her mother was killed. Just seeing the scene gave him more information than she'd told him. He was grateful they men hadn't found her hiding place. The thought of that made him sick inside. To have lost both of them would have sent him into a tailspin he doubted he'd have recovered from. She was the reason he was still going, still trying, still moving ahead. Had he known of her thoughts about him finding love, he'd have scoff at them. He was damaged in his heart. He had his great love and that kind of thing only happened once in a lifetime, and he wasn't crazy enough to believe it would happen again. Not to a man like him. "Come now Ginnia...it is time to make our way to our room and get prepared for sleep." he turned to everyone then, "Good night everyone...thank you for looking after Ginnia today. I am very appreciative."

Billy watched then go and though he knew that was right, he didn't like it. He followed the boys to where they were bunking and helped Gavin with the little ones, drying the and helping them into pajamas. He read a few stories to Mickey and tucked him, placing a soft kiss to the little boy's forehead, "Sleep well Mickey." Little fingers wrapped around Billy's large index finger, "Lub you Biwwee" he said as his eyes closed. Billy smiled, "Love you too little man..." he whispered and waited until the little fingers were relaxed and no longer holding his finger before moving away. He moved toward the door and stretched as he approached Gavin, "You are very good with them. They trust you."

Ellisar blinked looking at the trees. "How does on sleep in a tree?" he asked honestly intrigued by the notion. "Have you some sort of hammock? or sling perhaps?" he even moved under a tree to look at it with his inventor's eyes trying to envision such a thing. He looked back over at her, "how does one sleep on the ground? There are...living things crawling all over it..." he shook a bit at the thought of things crawling on him in his sleep, and it made him question the woman's sanity a bit. "But....enclosed spaces provide protection from storms and extremes in temperature...and large animals..." he was totally confused and was feeling this poor woman needed protection from herself. But then she was speaking of the poachers and he felt his hackles raising as she mentioned the level of damage they'd done. "I am glad you were able to heal the land and water...I am sure the king appreciated it as well." He nodded, "Claire has a very useful magic, but she never believes it. I have been her friend for a very long time and she always thinks she is useless. I admit I have a time or two I have had the notion to slap that out of her. maybe now that she has been so useful she will stop thinking that way about herself." He raised both brows when she began asking about his work and he shrugged a little, "I invent what is needed..." he explained vaguely. "For instance I feel rather confident that I could build a bed that would lift and lower you into a tree without danger."

Aldin heard her words but he didn't believe she knew what she was saying. he was patient and gentle as he touched her and let her body have it release without him taking what she was offering so freely. She was so innocent and he felt like he was taking advantage of her in even this...but he could tell she needed to feel closeness and physical acceptance, and that he could give her without violating her and taking what she could only give once. He probably should have returned her declaration of love, but he couldn't. Not yet. He liked her, admired her, was proud of her and he was growing to care for her but his heart was still healing. He felt like such a heel at that moment but he kissed her and held her close while her body shook in reaction to his fingers and lips.

Xavier did a quick scan of the palace and the surrounding areas, and even expanded his scan out to the villages and found nothing amiss, just a peaceful night. he was grateful for it. His soul was tired as well. He'd been able to feel Jorga's pain and the slow slip into despondency as they'd traveled. He was worried about Jorga. He forced a smile to his lips when Marianna returned from the kitchen. he reached for her hand and led her to his private quarters. He settled her on the large sofa that was placed before the fire and brought some wine and crackers over for them. "So, what do you think of the palace?" he asked as he poured them both some wine.

• Love