Marianna defintiely noticed how hungry Xavier was that morning! She figured it was his height and possibly his powers that made him hungrier, but then her appetite was fairly decent in the mornings herself. She had plenty of oatmeal and pancakes, glad she was able to enjoy so much of this feast as she thought about the poor adults who would probably be letting out very rambunctious kids in just a few minutes. "I dont mind helping with the kids. They will probably be like little monkeys and climb trees or something. I will just make sure they dont get hurt. If Jorga is awake I imagine hell be with Theresa in his room still...havent seen either of them since yesterday..." she added with a smile. Those two definitely needed a break!

Ginnia was so happy she almost didnt hear Mumford correctly...no training?? just the two of them? "That sounds geeat dad....we could invite Billy and Mickey and have a nature walk?" She wondered how far theyd all be able to go while exploring.

Rebecca had just changed into a pretty silver blouse with a pair of white pants and sneakers, since it was going to be an all fun day. She tried to remember what...playing was exactly, since shed never learned any fun games or had playtime with Sheena. Shed been trained to be serious all the time, and matured well into adulthood as early as 12 years or younger...shed not had any sort of childhood fun, so she wouldn't be any help to these poor kids today at all! She tied her hair back and then wandered out of her room to find Niald at her door. She hugged him gently, mindful of their teenage hormones. "Did something just happen?" she asked seeing the intent look on his face.

Nathan smiled as Niald took off to find his girlfriend. "He will be a fantastic king. I respect Jorga, really a lot. But I think he never wanted the throne....so much pressure will probably fall right off his shoulders soon Im sure....but we must teach him all we can. Have you any visions of Rebecca? Will she make a good queen?" He asked, only because hed watched the poor girl suffer at the hands of Sheena, and then basically raise herself without much guidance or help from other females, though Alna had done her best. ...

Claire fought tears back as she pulled the blankets over his shoulders and pressed her warm body against his cold one... "Im sorry, Rook...I hate how shes hurt you,....but im sure Xavier is monitoring all three of them, and if they try to attack you or anyone else, we'll stop them..dont let that vile woman affect you....I love you and wont let her get to you." She told him, her arms around his waist.

Aria smiled at Aldin in almost a sad way, as he offered to go with her to her parents...but shed never forgive herself again if they even so much as yelled at him or insulted her in front of him. "Thank you Aldin...but this errand is personal and difficult..and even Ellisar wouldnt like where Im going...but I...just need to put things in perspective. Hey cool bed thingy Ellisar...you and this lady need me to grab any parts for it while Im out?" she asked the adorable couple.. Irena grinned.. "Maybe a thin frame with padding? youre Aria, yes?" Aria nodded as Irena introduced herself. "Yep. Usually called flighty spaz by guards and other people...but I guess Im calmer these days...gotta head up and check on things before I head out today. Nice to meet you Irena. Come on Aldin, I smell pancakes..." she tugged Aldin upstairs. She wouldnt let him worry too much! she would be fine. ...probably screamed at and told she was still a disappointing waste of life...but really Aria was used to that already....

Gavin chuckled at Chastiannas enthusiasm. "It is nice, having more to do and feel young again. I know my sister and I were never...kids when we were young, never played or went on adventures..but it does make me feel better knowing that the kids here will at least have a happy childhood, despite recent tragedies." he said as Aria and Aldin came downstairs. Aria was soon found and glomped by Mickey and even Allin! "Hi kitty!" they both cried, making Aria laugh and hug them both. "Well hi you two. Have a good breakfast?" she asked helping them to their seats. They nodded as she thanked Chastianna and Gavin for the oatmeal and pancakes. She wasnt going to be able to eat at her parents, so she added extra blueberries and sugar to her oatmeal. Everything tasted great!

Xavier nodded, "I'm sure they'll want to climb and run. I gave all my men the day off to help as well. I knew Charles would need some time to bond with the children he agreed to take in, and the children would need to feel safe and happy here, so knowing the guards is important." He chuckled at her comment about Jorga, "Oh he is definitely with Theresa, and I don't expect them to some out of his room for most of the day...and if they choose to stay the whole day closeted away, i will seek him out tomorrow."

Mumford smiled, "We sure can," he said as they walked down to breakfast, "Though Mickey may not last too long on a nature walk." he warned.

Naild nodded as he hugged her, "I had the strangest dreams last night and they were really worrying me, so I thought I'd go and talk to Melise after breakfast," he said as they walked down to the dining hall. "But when I went to come and get you, Nathan was at my door and said Melise wanted to see me." he laughed and then told her the rest of the morning's events to that point. "So...everything I thought was wrong. I'm so glad I spoke with her...I feel a lot better about being the king one day now...and she told me to remember that your gift was going to help me and be important...once you weren't afraid of it any more." He looked over at her, "Are you afraid Rebecca? What happened to make you afraid?"

Melise nodded, "He will be king sooner than he thinks. He will be getting that training on the job, Love." she said sagely. "Rebecca will be a good queen when that time comes. She needs to believe in her gift and not the power she values before she can realize her own worth though. At the moment she is enamored of her power to create and alter, but that is not the gift that will be of help to Naild. She has time though..."

Rook wrapped his arms around her, "I know Love...she can't hurt me anymore. I took that power away from her long ago. Still there was a part of my young soul that wanted her to say something well of me...that she was proud of me or cared about me...but today that little boy died. I think it was a good thing...I need to let all of that go and leave it behind me, so I can move forward with our life together." He grinned at her saying she wouldn't let them near him, "I believe at this point I can handle her on my own...but thank you your care of me is always so fierce...I love you Claire..."

Aldin cast a look at her, "If you want...I'll help with the children." He thought she was being a bit evasive and strange this morning but maybe she really had an errand to run. So he let it drop. He looked at the contraption Ellisar was building and looked at the plans and grinned, "So this will lift a bed up into a tree." he looked at Irena, "Do you normally make your home among the trees?' but then he was being whisked away up the stairs and to breakfast. he waved over his shoulder, "nice to meet you..." he said as they went up and were immediately swamped by children.

Chastianna hugged Gavin, "I know things were horrible for you and Rebecca as children...but I intend to make sure you're happy for the rest of your life." she beamed, "And to tack you into bed when you're looking glum..." She winked and bumped into him with her hip. she looked at Aria and Aldin, "Oh you're so welcome. i wanted Theresa to ahve a much deserved day off to spend with King Jorga. I'm enjoying myself very much!"

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Marianna chuckled a bit as she finished her breakfast, finally feeling full. "It will definitely be a fun day.. Shall we go down and start?" She asked, gathering the tray of dishes, to take down and be washed. She was looking forward to the event and wondered how crazy these kids were capable of getting.. "and that was kind, giving the men a day off." she added, ready to walk out of the room whenever he was.

Ginnia smiled as she hurried downstairs with Mumford, looking instantly for Billy and Mickey. Mickey was at that moment, sitting next to Aria, having already had breakfast. She didn't see Billy right away, but knew he'd be around soon, and sat down with her bowl of oatmeal. She ate plenty of oatmeal that morning, and drank water more than the other beverages.

Aria was done with her breakfast and helped for a little while in the kitchen-clean up duties with Chastianna and Gavin. She said hello, but was a little quiet that morning, shielding her mind from those many telepaths and psychic power houses; she did all the dishes and scrubbed the counter tops in less than a few moments, then went to let Aldin know she was heading out for the day. She kissed him on the cheek down in Ellisar's lab, even bringing Ellisar and Irena some breakfast, "It's really chaotic up there- you'll never be able to focus.. See you guys later.." She hoped. Well, no time to worry about it now. She morphed humming bird, zoomed a little around Aldin to tickle his arms, and then fluttered out of the palace through an open window. Huffing a bit, Aria felt a little hopeful as she flew off towards her parents' house. Oh, stupid, stupid shifter.. when will you ever learn? She thought at herself, dismally. Once at her parents', she morphed quickly back human, knowing they couldn't stand the thought of her animal forms at all.... and knocked, her heart racing way too fast from nervousness. Had the letter been sincere? Was she going to be welcomed home again? Or was this the day she died?....

Rebecca held Niald tightly as they walked to the kitchen.. "I don't -want- to be afraid Niald, I want -all- my magic to be useful and helpful. I will learn. It's not like I have teachers. I don't know what I am doing most of the time except trying to enjoy life now that I can. . .I've so many questions I don't know how to ask or -who-... And yes, It's a little alarming, seeing spirits, but I know that most of them are harmless, so... I will try to talk to more of them. And see what I can make sense out of it all." She finally admitted. Her education had been completely left out, okay? She could only do so much at a time... Or could she?! She felt confused most of the time, but most people were just plain too busy, and she was again the side-line girl, not really there.....

Nathan shook his head.. "Well it's not like she ever got to have a normal childhood... so yeah... the creative power is fun. Talking to spirits usually equals scary to most youngsters, but you're right, she has time, and Niald is her best anchor. I wish she had lessons though- I would feel a little more at ease if she wasn't left fumbling alone and on her own her whole life... it's confusing enough being a teenager." He smiled though... "I don't know- maybe she'll have all the pieces in place before long.. she IS very smart." He added.

Gavin grinned at her hip bump and the tuck him in comment! "Hm.. nothing better than being tucked in... " He waggled is eyes at her. He greeted Aria and Aldin as well. Then watched as Aria morphed and flew out a window! Huh... "She okay?" He asked Aldin, worried a bit at the sudden departure.

All too soon the kids were rounded up, the doors opened wide, and out they went, shrieking and climbing things just as Marianna got down with the tray of dishes. She managed to help wash them, thanked Chastianna and Gavin, then went right outside to help the strong, brave adults watch over their play! Except Ginnia who stayed with Mumford and Billy most of that day.~

Xavier smiled, "I can be a kind man when pushed to it," he said with a slight smirk. "Actually we are on the same level as the main floor of the palace," he informed her, "I know it's a bit confusing since we have to go up to get here, but we go down as well once we get into the guard house area." he led her up and then down again and the children were all eating and acting better than he expected if he was honest. "Good morning everyone. Ready for a fun day out in the stables and the fields?"

Billy was helping bring things to and from the kitchen, helping Chastianna and Gavin. He hadn't seen Ginnia or her father yet to he kept himself busy, since he was already done eating. He smiled when he saw them and waved to Ginnia when he entered with another bowl of oatmeal for people to add to their plate. "Good morning...how are you this morning?"

Aria's parents were waiting in their home, but they'd been waiting for a few days now. "Maybe she won't come." her mother said. "She better," Her father said in a gruff angry voice. "Ungrateful brat...she owes us...she better show up." Her mother was busy in the kitchen preparing some nut bread for lunch. They'd had a rough year, and that man had promised them a large sum of money if he could buy their daughter. he'd been by every day until about three days ago, but she figured he'd be back eventually. Then they'd be set for a long while and be rid of another problem as well.

Naild listened, "Maybe you should talk to Melise. She will understand and maybe be able to help you understand too. She knows things, and don't you think the way she sees the world is kind of like seeing ghosts?" He asked. "You are very helpful Bec...I know you'll figure it all out. You're smart and tenacious...you need to believe in yourself the way I do." he said with a huge smile. "And...maybe talk to Lauranna about what it means to be a queen. I think she was doing a great job, don't you?"

Melise nodded, "She's had a difficult life thus far, but it has molded her into a compassionate caring young woman. It will serve her well as Queen." she assured him, "Lessons?" she asked and then tilted her head, "On using the power of seeing ghosts? I am not at all sure who can help her...I may be a little help, but that gift, like Naild's has passed away completely from our generation...they will need to be each other's anchor, and I think that is exactly as the Glen intended it to be." She smiled at him, "More change is coming love...and even we will be faced with choices...difficult ones...but it will all be good not only for Malthen Ana but all fae."

Aldin shrugged, "i'm not sure...she said she had errands to run...hopefully she'll be back soon." he went back to the lab and into his room. But then he remembered Aria putting something into the nightstand and he went to retrieve whatever it was. he found many letters from her parents. He felt his heart sinking. Surely she wouldn't go to them alone. "no..no no no..." he whispered as he read letter after letter. He held onto them and made his way back up the stairs. He saw Marianna and Xavier and approached them quickly. "Can you find her?" he asked shoving the letters into Xavier's hands, "I think she went alone..."

Xavier blinked and watched as Aldin thrust a pile of letters into his hands and then started pacing. Both brows lifted at the normally calm man's melt down and read the letters. He groaned, "Why must they do these things?" he asked aloud but then searched for her. "She is not close...unfortunately." he sighed.

Aldin stopped pacing and looked at him, "How far? I'll go after her...can I borrow a horse?"

Xavier shook his head, "You could but that won't be any help...you need to fly...she probably did...didn't she?"

"She did...it's THAT far?" he dragged a hand through his hair. "What can I do then...I know this is a bad thing..I can feel it."

Xavier knew as well, but he knew what the parents were thinking. "I hate to ask Cain again, but this is something of an emergency..."

Aldin looked at Xavier, "What do you know?? What's going on?"

"She is walking into a trap...she is going to need help."

• Love
Every kid in the room chirped that yes they were ready! And it was pandemonium-effect after that. Ginnia hugged Billy when she finally did see him, and let him finish what he was doing, watching the other kids go nuts, climbing trees, throwing branches at eachother... Dorks. She snickered though, as Cora bounced off a log, in a glorious motion of running and leaping. She hadn't done anything this dorky since she was... well much smaller. It was neat, and seeing the guards all line up outside just to play with them as well was interesting too...

"Had a good morning, Billy, finished my drawing.. want to go on a nature walk with us?" She gestured to Mumford, who had finished his breakfast as well.

Aria's heart tightened as she heard them whisper about her in the kitchen. . .sounded like their same old selves. Pale, trembling, she knocked once more, and called out that she was there... "Mom? Dad?" The door creaked open, and she waited at the thresh hold, suddenly really wishing she had let Aldin come along.. What was wrong with her to feel she had to do this by herself? Was she purposely suicidal right now? Was it because of Aldin still being in love with Serena? She rubbed her arms as a deep chill seeped through her. She almost had the notion to fly right back to the palace- where at least she was liked, tolerated, and even respected by Aldin. . . her parents were right though- she would possibly be unable to ever find love. After all, shifters -were- just a mass of different animals in various forms and sizes.. she had no other powers and was pretty burdensome with her anxiety and depression at times. Most people fled from her and her issues. . . . Maybe her parents could at least help her figure out how to be more "normal" or ... "loveable..?" She stepped inside the house, and the door closed... the darkness was a little intimidating, but she did see a lamp light and the kitchen light was on. "I'm sorry I'm late.. " She said, looking to see where they were. The kitchen... Oh, and her mother was making nut loaf bread... She studied her, her same blonde hair, pale skin and bright blue eyes, flecked with green, her slender figure, 5'5 height with her hour glass figure. Her dad, tall and dark haired, tanned skin, rather cold black-eyes, but a handsome triangular face. The moment she saw her parents in the kitchen, and her mother making bread- everything almost felt homey.. and alright. She forced herself to calm down.~

Rebecca smiled at Niald as the kids all began emptying the dining room in a mini-tidal wave! She laughed, waving to them as they rushed past in happy energetic formations. "Wow- so that's what playing is." She said smiling. "I know, I will definitely talk to Lauranna, at a better time. She hasn't been feeling well I think." She said, buttering a few pancakes and having a bowl of oatmeal at the table. She helped Niald get his food as well, asking him if he wanted more honey or syrrup. "I'm definitely going to have to learn to ask for help, Niald. It's not a strong point- and the books in the library have all been really helpful, but yes.. once Laurana is well, I will definitely ask her for advice. She was a wonderful queen, even if she didn't think she was.." She agreed, feeling better. She sighed, leaning her head lightly on his shoulder... "You always make things less confusing... how do you do that?" She asked, smiling, before she drank a cup of coffee.

Marianna's eyes widened. . "Oh no... I'll call Cain right away.. hang on Aldin- we'll get her out of there.." She promised. <Good morning sunshiine... How'd you sleep? Sorry to trouble you, Cain.. but the shifter, Aria, has gone to her family's house to I guess- get some closure with them? Only they're evil people, and want to do something really awful to her. Could you fly there and get her back here please? Eat the parents if you want to.. I don't think they'd be missed.> She added. A moment later, Cain was flying out of the cave, half asleep still! <Rotten damn people everywhere.. can I just eat all the evil souls today and call it good?> He asked, huffing a bit as he straightened himself in the air.~

Billy finished helping and smiled, "That sounds like fun," he said and then tipped his head at her, "What did you draw?" he asked, "can I see it later?" He looked at Mumford and smiled, "Good morning Sir, how are you today?"

Allin was running along with Violet playing and both decided to climb up in a tree.

The family of children kept to themselves, mostly at their eldest brother's bidding. Blake was not going to allow anyone to separate them and he knew how things worked. Holding little Nyla on his hip he felt pain at the knowledge that everyone would want her. she was a beautiful little blonde baby with curly hair and bright blue eyes. And she was still little enough that without the rest of them, she'd never even remember their parents. No, she belonged with them. They sat in a little group apart from everyone else. Emma the second eldest was looking at the other kids longingly, "Why can't we go..." But Blake stopped her, "Em...you know why. If we don't stick together they will send us to five different places and we'll never see each other again...do you want that?" Emma shook her head as she looked at her family, "No..." Joy and Kylie looked at their big brother and waited. He would keep them safe, they knew. Blake had always looked out for his little sisters, and now he was the man of the house...the only father they would know and he wasn't going to let them down. He might only be twelve but that didn't mean anything...he would do it.

Her mother smiled and waved her into the kitchen, "You aren't late...the rolls aren't ready yet. My hands don't move as fast as they once did." She said trying to lure the girl in with her seemingly normal sounding words. "I remembered how much you liked my nut rolls so i thought I'd make them..." her father was standing to the side of the large work center in the middle of the kitchen where her mother was rolling out dough for the nut rolls.

Naild nodded, "I doubt Lauranna would mind a guest even if she wasn't feeling one hundred percent. But you can talk to Melise any time, she is nice and always helpful. She's not a queen but her power...she knows things...I think she could help you." he filled his plate with pancakes and drowned them in syrup. "Thank you for making breakfast...you can go play with the children if you want...we can clean up after ourselves and join you when we're done."

Chastianna chuckled, "ok...I believe I'll let you..." She grabbed Gavin's hand, "Let's go play..."

Aldin went back to pacing, "How? Who's getting her?? How will they know where she is?" he was worried out of his mind.

• Love
Ginnia smiled at Billy. "I'll bring it down before dinner... just another unicorn and field of flowers." She said as they caught up to Mumford. She was excited to go exploring in the woods especially! She made sure to stay close to them, so they wouldn't separate or get lost.

Violet decided to climb the same tree and perch in the branches right beside him, watching the others play tag, or hide and seek. It was comfortable up here and they had a great view! Until Cora approached them with the most onery glint in her eyes.. "Oh look.. Birdies!" She then proceeded to try and shake the tree. Just enough to rattle them, not mean enough to cause any harm... but still, Violet retaliated and threw a few acorns until Cora ran off. . "Vile brat." She muttered, flipping her hair behind her shoulders.

Nyla looked sadly at her big brother, understanding a lot even though she was too young to express herself just yet, she was still in the process of learning to talk! "Fun...." She whined a little, pointing at the other children enjoying themselves! And none of the guards were reaching out or grabbing anyone to separate them either! She sighed, clinging a bit to Blake's leg.... they weren't going to be able to go out again...

Aria definitely calmed down more after that! "Oh, well thank you, mom. They were always the best." She told her. She took a seat at the kitchen table, an uneasy-feeling was growing sure, but the normal home setting was something she had always longed for even in her teenaged years, missing some sort of parental guidance, or when she thought she had really messed up as a toddler and wanted to make things right.. Were they finally going to be a real family? She wondered, that stupid hope rising in her heart.~

Cain flew as fast as he possibly could- but they were right, it was a lot farther out than he'd been in Malthen Ana!

Gavin grinned, winked at Niald and Rebecca, then let Chastianna haul him outside. The kiddos were definitely in full play mood by the time they got there! Gavin immediately had to untangle poor Mickey from a bush he'd fallen into, and then Violet and Allin were high up a tree! "How did they get that high up??" He asked, gazing at them.

Marianna put a hand on Aldin's shoulder, trying to calm him down! "Cain- my dragon friend- he is on his way to the house now.. Please, please breathe Aldin.." She looked at Xavier.. "We might have to get him to sit or lie down.. He's looking too pale..." She said, worriedly.

Billy smiled, "You draw really well. I like your pictures." he walked with them out toward the treeline. "I miss the trees," he said honestly, "I appreciate everything they are doing for all of us, but I really miss being out in the open..."

Mumford smiled, "Maybe you can ask to train with the guards, Billy. You would be out in the stables and training area for the most part." He offered attempting to be of help to the boy. "You can ask Xavier what is required when we return. They may need help in the stables as well...tending the horses. I cannot hurt to ask."

Billy smiled, "I will ask. I need to find a trade or a station so i can have a family one day." he glanced at Ginnia as he spoke but quickly looked away.

Allin sat in the tree and held Violet when the tree started to shake. he wasn't sure why Cora was being so mean but he didn't throw anything at her either. "Vi you know being mean back doesn't help..." he said sagely. The time he'd spent not being able to talk had shown him a lot of things. One of them being that most of the things he initially thought to say weren't good things to say and he found himself glad he hadn't been able to say them. So now that he could talk, he didn't say as much.

Blake cuddled Nyla close, "We can have fun here," hes aid hopefully, "Want to pick some flowers?" he asked noticing a field of pretty purple wildflowers growing near where they were sitting. Emma nodded as she stood and held her hands out to Joy and Kylie. "Our room will smell like this field if we get enough of them." She said encouragingly. Blake looked at her thankfully and smiled as they little group of five moved toward the flowers.

Seeing her sit down her mother smiled, "Did you have a nice trip getting here?' she asked as she put the rolls in the oven. Soon the whole room smelled of nut rolls and cinnamon. Her father turned to look at her and was relieved that she looked healthy. Edgar would pay better for her if she was healthy. There was a knock at the door then, "You watch those rolls Mother...I'll get the door." her father said. "Well thank you dear," she replied, "I appreciate that." He returned with another guest. "Look who's here Mother." he said smiling, "Our new neighbor Edgar." He motioned for the man to come in and then waved a hand at Aira, "This is our daughter Aria...home for a visit."

Edgar was much taller than the other people in the room and was much more handsome and well dressed too. He bowed abit to her mother and then turned to Aria and smiled, "I have heard a lot about you Miss Aria," he said charmingly as he offered his hand to her, "All of the praise of your beauty was not over exaggerated a bit. I am pleased to meet you at last."

Chastianna looked up at the childrena nd smiled. She moved over to the tree, "You two ok up there?" which was met with avid head nodding, "You can see forever up here." Allin said as he smiled down at Chastianna. She nodded, "I bet you can," she agreed, "Call someone over before you try to climb down though, ok...just in case you slip or something." They both nodded and she left them. She checked over little Mickey and brushed off his scraped knee. He was looking for Aria, she could tell. "Aria kitty went out for a bit...but she'll be back."

Xavier grabbed hold of Aldin's shoulder and looked at him intently, "Aldin...calm down." It was a subtle sumbliminal command that had the man calming down almost immediately. he flashed a wink at Marianna but then the normal serious look was back when he turned back to Aldin, "She will need you to be strong and in control when she returns...are you going to be able to do that?"

Aldin blinked, "yes...you're right...she's going to need me." he wanted to be the man she could rely on every time, all the time, no matter what. She drew in a breath and nodded, "yes...I can do it. Is Cain there yet?"

Ginnia smiled at Billy, knowing how he felt about being in the open. "I was also asking dad about training one day.. when I'm taller." She made a snooty face at her short size, hoping she'd grow more quickly so she'd be able to be useful. In the meantime, she settled for leading them on a nature hike... towards a pretty open field. "You can always hang out with us, Billy." She offered, looking up at Mumford to see if he'd be okay with it too...

Nyla giggled and soon forgot about the other kids, except her family and sprinted off like a wild cheetah, almost too fast for her small size and her young age, but her cute legs were strong, and she hurried over to the patch of lavender, lilacs, and bushes of honey-suckle plants she'd happened to spot earlier and fairly pounced into the bushes themselves, gathering up handfuls of the pretty smelling flowers. Completely unaware she was being watched- by someone who wasn't one of her siblings, though they soon hurried after her.

Aria smiled a bit.. "I did- I h-had to fly of course, but it was only to get here." She admitted, trying to refrain from mentioning what she'd turned into on the way up to their house. Then suddenly, her father was introducing someone to her and she stood, shaking his hand politely, yet confusion rolled through her.. Wanted to meet her..? What? she gazed at her parents, then Edgar. "Thank-you..too kind... but... what were you meeting me for exactly?" She asked, guarded now. She eyed the front door, wondering at her chances of shifting to get out, or just fleeing past the three of them! She had a horrible sinking feeling and it was getting stronger the longer she stayed. What did this man want to see her for? She'd never heard of him. Of course she could be just being paranoid- but that dread of new people wasn't entirely out of line..~

Cain found the cluster of houses from the letter-maps, and thought at Xavier. *Okay- which one?* He asked, flapping his wings as fast as he could.. He was still at least three miles away but definitely almost there!

From her perch, she waved at Chastianna and Gavin, smiling as Chastianna told them to get someone to help them down... "We will!" She assured her.. then looked at Allin. "Cause Cora can be onery- she's not ... mean all the time no, and probably just hyper right now- but still.. I'd like to shake -her- out of a tree.." She cackled. Retaliation was her nature, while her brother was a passive fellow, which was okay... but sometimes fighting back was natural. And she had a flair for it.

Mickey's eyes widened a bit when Chastianna told him Aria- kitty wasn't there. For some reason, he didn't like it. He started wailing at the top of his lungs like a banshee possessed child.....

Gavin came over to Mickey and picked him up.. "Heyy-- shhh, no it's okay.. Sometimes she goes out for a long flight, or to just gather her thoughts-- it's what us grown ups do sometimes.... shhh-- don't cry little guy, she wouldn't want you to be sad for her being gone for a few hours...." He tickled Mickey under the ribs while he managed to heal the kid's scraped knee cap.. Unless Mickey knew something they didn't?

Cain telepathed to everyone that he was nearing Aria's parents house, but there was already another man in there and he didn't have much time.. *Trying Xavier! There's three of them and only one of her...* He added, not liking those odds at all.. He hoped Aria could shift out and make a run for it -fast-...

Marianna looked alarmed by this, but simply told Aldin to calm down and that they'd help Aria soon as Cain reached her and brought her back.

Mumford smiled. He knew these two were likely destined for one another, "Of course Billy...any time."

Billy nodded, "Thank you sir...I do enjoy your company." Mostly Gingin's but Mumford was a good man too. he could learn a lot from him and he knew it. Plus he seemed to have made friends of the people in authority in the Palace, so that would be helpful too. He intended to make something of himself so that he was worthy of Ginnia.

Blake smiled at Nyla. he raced after her, leaving Emma to look after Joy and Kylie. He scooped her up and nuzzled her neck, "No running off ahead of everyone you." he scolded affectionately. She apologized by holding up her pretty flowers and smiling, but he was used to her 'cute' trick. "Those are very pretty Nyla but you have to stay with us. You could get lost...promise you won't do that any more."

Allin looked at Cora, "But Vi...she is all alone. She doesn't have anyone like we do." he looked at Chastianna and Gavin and sighed, "I wish they could be our mom and dad now...but we still have each other...for always right?"

When she took his hand Egdar placed his other hand over hers and she'd feel a tiny prick to his skin. He smiled that same charming smile, "Your parents have told me all about you, and I have been so anxious to meet you. They said you were pretty and charming and I am a single lonely man. I thought maybe you might..well..." he was rambling on as he watched her sway slightly and then he caught her when the drug took full effect. "You have a deal." he said tossing a huge bag of coins onto the table.

"She is in perfect health...she is worth more."

Edgar turned back to him, "She is, but you agreed on a price and that is what you have been paid." And then he was out the door. He laid her gently into the back of the wagon and smiled, "Oh the things I am going to do to you my lovely once we are at my place..." he promised her. She was awake, and could see and hear but she could not move at all. "I've paid a handsome sum for you and I'll get every penny out of you...rest assured."

Her father dumped the bag of coins out and began counting and her mother helped. They made stacks of coins to make it easier, "I told you we should ahve asked for more..." She spat out. "Oh shut up you old hag." he spat back.

Xavier was constantly sending messages to Cain for direction and then he felt the situation shift *Cain...she is no longer inside the house...Edgar took her* He was worried now and trying to think of what else he could do. They were too far away.

Chastianna frowned at Mickey and cooed at him gently, "She'll be back soon sweetie..." She hoped she wasn't lying.

• Love
Ginnia smiled at Billy, having sensed a long while now they'd always be close. They had much in common, and both were already somewhat skilled youngsters and survivalists. She smiled at her dad, and held Billy's hand as they walked a little bit down the trail they were exploring. It was so pretty out today! Not a cloud in the sky, though she always did appreciate it when Claire made the rains fall. Ginnia already thought Billy was worthy of her however, as he'd been so loyal and sweet to her this entire time. They soon found a long stream of fresh, clear water in the wooden trail, and stopped to splash in it for a few moments, simply playing in the shallow part.

Nyla giggled as Blake tickled her. But she saw how serious he was about not running off, and nodded. "Promise, Blake.." She said, her sentences still very short. Just then, Gavin saw the patch of wayward kids, and smiled, wandering over to Blake and his sisters, only to check on them and see if they needed anything. "Hi there, guys... everything alright?" He asked. He saw them all tense up simultaneously however and eased back a few steps. "No worry guys- it's just a free play day... Feel free to run around without any fears okay? No one's going to hurt you...and if you need help, please let myself, Chastianna, or any of the adults know." Then, Gavin walked off, not wanting to startle the oldest boy yet.

Violet smiled at Allin and nodded. "That's right.. and I think Chastianna and Gavin want to be our parents, Allin... heard something about adoption papers..." She just held his hand a moment, looking after Cora as she began exploring other places on her own. Normally she was around Rebecca, but the older girl was definitely spending time with Niald, so they were no where to be seen. "We'll be fine either way, Allin." She assured him.

Aria felt suddenly cold, dizzy and definitely swaying on her feet! She looked at her parents.. only one question in her mind...Why?! What had she done to earn so much betrayal and heartlessness? Tears fell from her eyes as she lurched forward, falling right into the guy's arms! The tears froze on her lashes, as she suddenly couldn't move... not even a twitch! She gasped, trying to make sure she could breathe, and she could only barely get enough air. . . .She squinted, her eyes still worked.. and was that .. a blurred dragony shape she saw flying in the clouds? Oh bless her luck..! Maybe it was Cain or even Rook. She didn't care who at this point .... *Can anyone hear me? I can't move..!* She thought towards the blurry shape. The winds had picked up though, and was hindering Cain's flight! Aria gazed at the man called Edgar, wondering what horrible awful things he was going to do to her...! She couldn't even call out or scream. . .

<And the winds are picking up too! Ugh..> Cain growled, as he searched the area below.. He did manage to locate Aria's parents house however and hacked a fireball in it's general direction. BOOM. House in blazing glory of fire. But he didn't have time to admire his handy-work, he was still searching for the wagon that now contained Aria. He heard the girl in his mind but it was very faint, unlike Marianna's strong telepathy, Aria was already weakening...

Mickey looked up at Chastianna with the saddest eyes though! He did stop crying, but he woefully gazed ahead of the playing kids, and would not play anymore at all.~

Mumford was enjoying the day with the two. Billy felt like part of the family already, since he had always been around even before all the tragedy befell their village. he pulled off his boots and joined in the fun of splashing around in the brook scooping up water in his hands and tossing at it at them both, instigating a water fight. They were all soaked and laughing before long. "We need to get back out in the sun so we can dry off before we hike back. Let's find a clearing and let the sun do it's job shall we?"

Billy hadn't expected Mumford to play with them and when he felt the huge scoop of water splash against his back he turned around expecting to have been Ginnia. But it had been her father and so he figured the war was on and he scooped water right back at him. For just those few minutes he felt like a kid instead of an old man trapped in a kid's body. It felt good.

Blake wrapped his arm around Kylie as Emma and Joy closed ranks too. He nodded, "Thank you...we are enjoying the flowers...and ok...we will. Thank you." he watched the man back away and let out a slow breath relieved. Emma looked up at him, "We are going to have to talk to someone, Blake...he seems nice. Maybe he'll listen and help us stay together." Blake looked down at her and shrugged, "Maybe...I want to give it a little more time before I trust anyone that much."

Chastianna looked at Gavin, "What's with those ones?" she asked, "They look scared of their own shadows for some reason." She held Mickey on her hip and comforted him as much as she could. "I'm going to find Aldin...maybe he can help calm Mickey down...I'll be right back." She told him and kissed him before she made her way back into the palace with Mickey on her hip. She saw Aldin, Xavier and Marianna in the foyer and lifted a brow. Maybe Mickey knew things after all. She approached them slowly hoping someone would notice her as she did so.

Aldin looked up and saw Chastianna and Mickey. "Is something wrong with Mickey?" he asked reaching for the little guy and hugging him close.

Chastianna gave the boy over without protest, "He misses Aria...is she going to be back soon?"

Xavier was in tight mental communication with Cain *She is half a mile to your south Cain* he could 'see' their positions in his mind but that was about no help at the moment. "We are working on that at this very moment." he said to Chastianna. He looked at Marianna *Did you hear her? she says she cannot move. A man named Edgar bought her from her parents and he drugged her. He is a very twisted man. She is not safe.* Marianna would hear the frustration in his thoughts and possibly see it in the tight muscle of his jaw. he was otherwise trying to keep his body language neutral for Aldin's sake. "Aldin, why don't you go outside with Mickey and help with the children...We'll keep you posted and Cain will have her back soon I am sure."

Aldin was playing with Mickey and he was definitely much happier. If he couldn't have Aria, then Aldin was a good second stringer. He liked the tricks with the coin and he liked how the man's face felt. "Sure...I'll help." he needed something to do or he was going to lose his mind worrying. He followed Chastianna outside to where the children were playing and walked with Mickey out to the flowers where the five were. Mickey smiled at Nyla and waved, "Baby.." he said as he waved more. Most of the kids were MUCH older than him, but not Nyla.

Allin looked at her to be sure he heard her right, "Really? Adoption papers?" he asked, "I would have picked them...would you?"

Xavier sent a message back to Aria, *Cain is close...do not lose hope. Help is on the way* He could only hope it would arrive in time and that the wind would stop fighting against them. Now that Aldin was gone he let the facade fall. "She is in trouble. If that wind..." he blinked, "Claire...we need Claire..." he darted up the stairs to Rooks' room knowing that's where she'd be. He knocked once and then barged in. "Sorry...Claire...we need help...Cain is trying to save Aria but the wind is hindering his flight...can you do anything? does you power work on wind?"

• Love
Ginnia giggled as she helped splash both Billy and Mumford, eagerly! She kept her water-talent in check however, resisting the weird urge to change it's colors, or even create a swirl of water around them. Instead she kept herself a normal every-day kid. She knew her growing abilities would soon manifest themselves- but she wouldn't let that happen right now... she would NOT expose her magic to Mumford, that would possibly remind him of mom and she wasn't about to open that wound. She chased after the two of them so she could also dry off in the warm sunlight, her green gown now clinging to her skin, but the water itself really felt delightful. She shook her hair free of water droplets, and planted herself on a long fallen-log, directly in the sunlight. She took both shoes off and dumped the water out as well. "That was fun... haven't played like this in a while.." She said, stretching out on her back and lying comfortably on the log. She'd really liked seeing her father be young again too!

Violet smiled at Allin. "Yeah, they're both really good people.. I can see us with them." She added, smiling. When she wanted to get down, she waved over at a guard and they helped both of them get down from the tree!

Nyla didn't talk to Gavin -at all- but smiled her best innocent smile at the tall man, then tugged on Blake's pant leg. "Flowers.." She held them up so he could help put some in his pocket while she busily put her lilacs and honey-suckles in her own dress pockets. She held up more honey suckles so everyone could take some and enjoy them as snacks. The white ones were best! She nibbled the honey out of a few of the white-tipped suckles, not really minding anything else that was happening, just enjoying the day, as she was quite the easy-going baby. She saw Mickey wave at her and waved back, however. Always friendly! She tried to wander over to where Mickey and Aldin were playing!

Aria got the message and tried to feel assured! *T-thanks Xavier... Trying to stay focused- but this drug.. I can't move a single limb- I'm terrified what this weirdo wants to try to do.. I think I saw Cain blow up my parent's house though... thanks Cain! I'm trying to figure out where I am... I don't recognize anything.* She thought back, trying to be at least helpful in letting him sense her thoughts and location.

Cain cursed many foul words in dragon language and human, as he pushed against the rising winds. A roiling fog was also starting to form and that made him angrier. When he found this annoying man he was going to slowly rip the man's limbs from his body, and spit them into the trees.

Claire immediately popped up and looked at Xavier's tense, worried face. He'd never been worried about Aria before! Must be something really terrible. "I can try to calm the wind- never used my powers for that reason before but I am willing to try." She added, standing up and hastily throwing her long hair into a semi tamed pony-tail. "Rook? Think you can bring me to Cain?" She asked him, hoping he'd feel better with some heroic actiony-stuff!

Mumford smiled, "It was fun!' he agreed, "We will ahve to do this more often." he crouched beside her log, "I'm sorry I haven't been a better father Love...but I am going to do better."

Billy didn't intrude on that conversation but pulled off his boots and dumped the water from them and set them in the sun to dry. He didn't bother with a log just laid on the soft grass growing there in the little clearing.

Allin followed her down and he walked over to Chastianna and tugged on her sleeve, "Is it true?" he asked and his heart was there in his eyes, "Are you going to adopt me? And Violet?"

Chastianna felt a tug to her sleeve and she turned from the fence where she was hanging a bunch of flowers to dry to see Allin. She smiled and brushed her hand through his hair. "Is what true?" And then he asked and she saw that look of hope in his eyes and she knelt and smiled, "We would like to...would that be ok with you?"

Allin flew into her arms and hugged her tight around the neck. "I would have picked you." he said and he held on, "You understood me when i couldn't talk..." he said and then he let her go and smiled brightly at her. "I knew you should be my Mama right then."

Chastianna felt a lump in her throat as she listened and then when he called her Mama tears fell and she hugged him again, "Oh sweetheart...me too. I told Gavin you were ours that first night."

Allin looked at Gavin, "He wants us too? Not just you?"

Blake nodded as he put Nyla down, "You can get more flowers."

Aldin let Mickey down when he started squirming and the boy began picking flowers too, just like the other little one did. Mickey found a pretty pink one and toddled over and offered it to Nyla, "You have." he said also not speaking complete sentences yet, but wanting to give her one. Aldin grinned at the boy, "Already a little charmer I see," he said smirking a bit. He didn't realize these children were avoiding everyone else, so he sat down not far from them to watch Mickey and pray for Aria to return quickly.

Xavier liked that she was trying *Don't give up. I am trying to get more help. We WILL find you Aria and bring you back to Aldin and Mickey. He misses you* He hoped mentioning the little one would make her fight harder.

Rook tried to sit up on the bed but he couldn't. He looked at Xavier and frowned, "Little help?"

Xavier came over and helped him sit, "If you can't sit..."

Rook shrugged, "I will be fine once I shift...but I need help to get to the tower...can't shift here." Just talking was taxing for him and painful. His chest tight and his throat was raw. "Shift heals.."

Xavier looked at Claire, "Your call...if you can work from here I think you should...he needs to rest." But he knew that neither of them would give up on Aria so he didn't try to talk them out of it.

• Love
Ginnia smiled at her father however, and hugged him. "Dad- you're great... don't worry. I'm lucky beyond belief that you are still here, and that's what matters...don't doubt yourself. If anything ... I might not be the best...daughter." She flushed, a little ashamed of her talent, but knew Mumford deserved to know about it. Even if he didn't like seeing the same gift her mother had had... "Dad... I need to tell you something." She sighed, wishing she had stayed normal- just a while longer. "I have . . water manipulation. Just like mom used to.. I'm sorry- I found out only recently..." Ginnia told him. She created water from her palms, turning it various colors, then sending it back to the river they'd just played in. The river trickled steadily, and shimmered in the bright sunshine. ..

Gavin hugged both Allin and Violet. "It's true.. you both called to us in a lot of ways, and we couldn't resist either of you." He assured the lad. He hugged the two kids and Chastianna as well, before letting them stand on their own feet again. "Never doubt that we care for both of you, and we'll do our very best to be great parents... We have a little one of our own on the way, but that doesn't mean you two will ever be ignored or forgotten." He added, smiling at Allin and Violet. Violet was surprised.. "A new sister or brother? Chasti-mom... you're pregnant?" She asked, happy for her!

Mickey made Nyla giggle as she took the beautiful pink flower, and stuck it neatly behind her ear, glad to wear the colorful petals. "Mickey-have..." She exchanged a cluster of honey-suckles for the pretty flower, glad to have something to offer back! She tugged Mickey's hand to the patch of honey-suckle bushes she'd found, and helped him gather lots more!

Aria felt herself wanting to cry as the horrible man continued further down the trail, towards an impressive looking house! it was at least 4 stories, almost a mansion, with an impressive front porch, and a tall, black iron gate around the whole thing. There were so many windows and rooms from what little she could see. *I miss Aldin and Mickey too.... But..... Xavier- I think Aldin still loves Serena. . . I had...I had wanted to talk to my mom and ask her what made a woman more .. . .lovable.. never-- had people to talk to you see- aside from Ellisar.. and I was scared, that Aldin would always want Serena.. I know I'm not in the same league as her. . . I don't know how to be anything but anxious. I think after this is over I'm going to want to hide forever from people.. ...* She added, warily. It was nice though- being able to confess things even if she did end up tortured here in this.. place. She kept trying...but was it going to help? She didn't know, and the guy, Edgar, had fallen silent, definitely not a good sign. She tried to twitch a few limbs, but couldn't move still. Damnit...

Cain wasn't sure how long his wings could keep flapping before he became seriously exhausted, but he wasn't giving up either. He pushed himself in ways he wasn't sure was healthy, or safe, but rage made him seriously reckless in the worst of times. He kept going, listening to Xavier's directions that he gave him, and sometimes even through the fog, he could see horses legs galloping swiftly, so he remained on the guy's trail at least, but he couldn't even see Aria in the wagon.

Claire nodded. "I will try from here first, and then if that doesn't help I'll heal Rook as much as I can and then we will fly to Cain." She agreed. She stood outside at the window's balcony, and let her mind drift upwards, as she sometimes did when she simply meditated to thank the sky for hearing her, or sending it her energy if she felt the need to. Today was a bit different, but she stood motionless, closing out anything around her. She didn't think she'd need to use a needle or vial for this, so she pushed her thoughts out. *Skies... please hear me. Our friend Aria, a shifter, has been bought and kidnapped by her abusive parents and an evil man. Please- help our friend Cain fly straight for her, and help him defeat the bad man before he can harm Aria... Please calm the winds... dispel the fog... clear the skies....* She prayed silently, holding lightly to the railing of the balcony as she worked.~ <Cain? Let me know if this works please..> She told Marianna's dragon.

Cain rested his wings at his sides a moment, then low and behold, the winds that had been sharply whipping around him, began abating! Gradually the fog began burning off as well... <Jeez Claire.. your control over the sky is scary. Super awesome cool...but scary..> He told her. She only smiled.. <Just bring Aria back in one piece please...> Claire replied. She went back to Xavier. "Done." She told him, then went to find Rook. She wanted to heal him, at least to where he wasn't in pain...

Mumford watched and frowned at her words, "How could you ever be..." he began and then heard her say she had water talent like her mother. He smiled, "Oh Sweetheart...that it nothing to be ashamed of...it is a blessing and gift. Your mother's ability kept us alive many times when things would ahve been far worse." He was sure now that the only reason Ginnia was alive was because his wife had created clean water for her to drink so she hadn't been poisoned like the others in their village. "She would be so proud! And I am too..." He hugged her then and held her a long time to make she sure knew he meant it.

Chastianna shook her head, "My sister Lauranna is carrying our child for me. I...cannot have children." She didn't elaborate on that, "But yes you will both have a little sister but until then...we will be our own little family."

Aldin smiled at the two. Mickey took the flowers and smiled and then followed when she took his hand. He picked a whole bunch hoping Aria Kitty would love them. They sure smelled pretty and looked pretty like she did.

Blake watched the two, not letting Nyla get more than a foot away from him. he kept looking at Aldin suspiciously but the man just sat there watching Mickey so he sat not far from him, "Is Mickey your son now?" he asked wanting to know what was going on.

Aldin looked at the boy, "Um..well...not officially but he seems to have adopted Aria and I." he smiled, "So I think he will be. Why do you ask? Is he part of your family?"

Blake shook his head, "No, he is not. I am not from the same village as Mickey." he watched the two playing and picking flowers, "Do you know what they are going to do with all of us?"

Aldin sat up a bit straighter and looked at the boy and the four younger girls and thought he understood what this was all about, "Are you worried they will split you all up?" he asked surmising a lot from their choice to stay apart from everyone.

Blake turned to the man and eyed him for a bit before nodding, "Usually five is too many ... and Nyla...she would be taken in by anyone..."

Aldin reached over and touched the boy's shoulder, "I haven't been here long, but I believe I know the people here well enough to say that they would never allow your family to be separated."

Blake frowned, "If they try I will spirit us away and care for us on my own."

Aldin admired the boy's determination but not his logic. "I will speak to them for you and see that it doesn't come to that." He promised. "You are doing a good job, but you are still young and they will need schooling and clothes and food...it will all turn out well...you will see."

Blake wasn't so sure but maybe this man was honest and would do as he promised. he could only hope so. Emma Saw Blake talking to a grown up and was so glad. She didn't think these were mean people, but Blake needed to feel safe.

Xavier heard Aria in his mind and rolled his eyes, *Oh yeah he loves Serena but he was pacing the foyer like a caged lion, and was frantic about who was going to save you...and right now he's got Mickey calming him down...And did he mention Serena once? No...he did not. Stop that silliness. The man cares for you. Do you want me to invade his mind and find out for you?* He was inside Edgar's mind fully and he didn't like what he was hearing or seeing. He called out to Cain *Large house iron gate all around it...he cannot get her inside...hurry*

Edgar looked over his shoulder, "Here we are Pet...your new home." he said, "I am quite wealthy...you will never want for anything." he brought the wagon up to the front of the house and a man came and grabbed the front as he hopped down and tossed him the reins. he came around and lifted Aria out of the cart and hefted her over his shoulder giving her backside a stinging smack, "It was hard for me to wait until we got here...I wanted to stop and have some fin on the way, but you look delicate so I thought you might prefer a soft bed to lie on while I teach you how to please me." he carried her inside and to the top most floor of the house where his 'special' room was. he laid her on the bed and began to chain her to the four posts of the bed. there were all manner of terrifying things hanging on the walls all around the room. "Which toy to use first?" he wondered aloud as he chained her feet.

Rook watched Claire and hoped it would work, "Did it work?" he asked that rasp still in his voice. She was amazing though and he was so proud of her for even trying, though he did really hope it worked. he had no idea if he could safely carry her anywhere right then.

Xavier curse aloud, "He got her into the house...damn it..."

• Love
Ginnia almost wept with relief that Mumford didn't feel sadness or regrets for her talents! She hugged him, tightly. "I was scared, dad.. I know how recent everything happened only a month ago- but it feels like just yesterday sometimes. Especially now that I can control water. Nothing else, no other talents or anything so far- just this." She sighed. "But maybe when I'm older other things will manifest- hopefully nothing too extreme.. I'm really too simple for any complicated magic." She said, wringing her hair free of water, then, just to dry them all off faster, had the water that was clinging to all three of them flow out, back to the river, leaving them all nice and dry, instantly.~

Violet smiled and hugged Chastianna and Gavin. "That's really great that Laurana's able to carry our brother or sister though... It explains why she's looked so pale and cold too..." She added, thinking back to the other day she'd seen her.
Gavin was a bit worried, but he knew Caden would be more than able to see Laurana's health through to birthing time.

Mickey helped Nyla make flower-crowns out of all the pretty flowers and weeds they'd picked out. He sure missed Aria kitty something awful...She was as close to his mother's personality and gentleness that he could even remember, and Aldin reminded him of his real father. Nyla sat down by Aldin's foot, peacefully twining the grass and flowers together. Her fingers were elegant and thin boned, but already showed signs of dexterity and a knack for putting things together. She'd probably grow up to be talented in several things, and had a secret gift. One she didn't even tell Blake about until she was sure he and her other siblings could handle it. She heard Blake ask Aldin if they were going to be separated and she gave a little savage smile. Let someone try. She would bite and scratch and hit whoever tried to get her away from her brother and sisters or Mickey!

Aria gasped as she was smacked right on her butt! She tried to breathe normally, but even that was hard for her to do with the paralyzing drug in her system! She fought viciously against it, trying to punch out at the man, even if she couldn't move as he told her she seemed too delicate for rough handling, and yet here he was dropping her on his huge bed, chaining her tightly to the headboards with cold iron shackles. *N-no... it's alright, don't invade Aldin's mind, it might hurt... But I miss him... I know he's healing from Serena, and I was alright with giving him time... But Xavier? could you tell him I love him? A-and I'm sorry... for whatever this sicko's about to do to me.... um... I'm a virgin but even I'm figuring out what he wants... and it's terrifying the hell out of me.* She thought at Xavier, gazing up at the awful selection of . . .what could only be considered explicit, unpleasant looking sexual torture toys... She almost fainted at the sight of how many she saw... She felt her heart rate speed up twice as fast, and she did not know what she could do to prevent what would surely happen next! If she had any air at all, she'd be hyperventilating on that bed. Her mind blanked suddenly, and she was no longer able to communicate, that's how scared she was.

Claire nodded. "Cain's able to fly better now Rook. But you- come here...." She told him, holding him in her arms and throwing her healing energy into him, pouring it into every inch of him until there was no more pain or discomfort at all from the attack...

Cain cussed even louder. *I will end hiim... * He swore to Xavier as the house came into view. He couldn't launch a fire ball or it would destroy Aria as well as the man... Suddenly, an archer saw Cain as he circled the huge house, and launched an arrow, right into Cain's right wing! *What the actual fuck?! Human.. you shot me! You I won't mind ripping apart first.. * he thought as the tall, shadowy man loaded yet another arrow into his bow. Cain flew right at him, scaring the man to the point he tried to run, but Cain was faster, and snagged him by his cloak. *Your master is hurting an innocent young girl- I believe I will make an example of you.. * He snarled, then chomped down ferociously on the guys head, decapitating him brutally and spitting out the body and head near the front doorstep for Edgar to find... He then rip Edgar out as soon as he came out... Hopefully no more archers were near by and hopefully Edgar would be out soon.. otherwise he'd have to try and see into those tiny windows and see if he could see where Aria was being held.

Marianna winced, as she felt that horrible arrow sink into Cain's wing! <Cain- be careful please...> She thought to him, her shoulder throbbing in sympathy with her friend's!

Mumford shook his head, "You are so much like you mother Ginnia. I see her every day when i look at you and I am grateful for it. She was a spectacular woman, and I never did understand why she chose me. I certainly didn't deserve her." He smiled a sad kind of smile as he looked away for a moment, "Never be afraid of anything that is like her..." he whispered as he continued to stare at nothing.

Chastianna nodded, "She is a wonderful sister to me." She agreed, also not voicing her own concerns over how Lauranna had looked when they were there with Allin and the other children. She had noticed her being cold when she hugged her, but hadn't attributed that to the baby. "We already know the baby is a girl, Sweetheart. When the time gets closer we'll all try to think of the best name together...ok?"

Rook hugged Claire and knew what she was thinking before she ever released her magic on his body. His core flared to life and replenished hers, but he stepped back and gave her a look. "This cannot be so easily fixed love," he said to her. "I will be fine in time as I recover from the magic. It was well chosen, likely at my mother's urging. Ice magic is my biggest weakness, and it was chosen by my mother. She imbued my core with that weakness so that she could exploit it." He touched her hand, "I will recover...it will take time is all. But don't fret...this makes me appreciate my life more...and appreciate you as well." his mother had often used this against him to keep him compliant, and it was a very effective punishment, especially when he was a young boy.

Xavier was listening and growing more and more concerned by the second. *Aria, listen to me. You need to breathe and stay conscious. I know you're scared, but stay with us. I need to be able to focus on your mind and I can't do that if you black out. Cain is there...* To Cain he sent *Cain, she is on the top floor...can you rip off the roof?* He didn't mention the arrow, since ti would only be an added distraction to mention it.

Edgar was walking along the wall looking at his toys and taking his time in choosing one. He liked that look of sheer terror on her face, and it only added to his own pleasure. "So little Sparrow..." he said and grinned, "Yes they told me you can turn into any animal...so I will have to keep you drugged lest you fly away and leave me without my toy." he waggled a finger and made a tch tch tch noise, "We cannot have that." he grabbed a whip that had long strips of leather like a fan at the end of it. The whip itself was not so long, but it was still one of his favorites to break in a new guest. he walked over to her and twirled the whip in a circle, but then looked at her. "Oh...this will not do at all..." he said and grabbed a knife from the drawer by the bed and slashed at her clothes in a careless manner, cutting her a few times but not badly, just enough to graze the skin and draw a bit of blood. Once her clothes were laying beside her and her skin exposed he smiled, "Ahh...that is much better...now the whip will mark you as I wish." With that he lifted the whip over his head and brought it down forcibly across her abdomen leaving bright red welts in his wake. He then went into a frenzy of kinds and brought the whip down over and over until most of her body was red and stinging from the assault. Then his hands ran over the raised welts, "Ahh...so nice...your flesh is hot...did you enjoy that? I did...see..." he said as he began to disrobe and prepare for even more fun.

Xavier was too far away to seize control of Edgar and he could tell time was running out. *Cain hurry...*

• Love
Ginnia's eyes watered, but she fought back the tears.. .especially when her father said he didn't think he'd been worthy of her! "Of course- mom loved you dad... So much! We used to always say prayers for your safe return... it ... its no one's fault that night... what happened- except for that poacher's.... She even... s-said your name at the end of her life..." She told him, remembering being a quaking coward under the floor boards of their big bed was still a painful thing. Had she been brave, truly brave like everyone said she was- she would have disregarded her mother's orders and hopped on that brute's neck and choked him herself with her own tiny hands! Or at least found a kitchen knife and had stabbed him instead... Damn being small...! She tried to supress that part of her emotions, she knew Billy didn't like it when she went that far down the rabbit hole either.

Violet smiled brightly and hugged Allin, Gavin and Chastianna close. "Okay... We'll think of really pretty girly- names.. but nothing too outrageous.." She thought a moment.. "I've always liked the name Crystal... but that's entirely up to you guys- whatever you both pick I'm happy with.." She assured them.

Claire frowned a bit, saddened her magic hadn't helped him at all, but she hugged him tightly.. "I'm sorry.. Rook.. I really hate when you're hurt and I can't help, but we will do our best, to stay away from all ice-magic users...to stay safe. And I will always appreciate you as well, Rook.. You're amazing... Despite having such a traumatic past. I love you." She kissed him gently.~

Cain was having a situation himself! He was just about to comply to Xavier's request, when even more archers stepped forward, and a huge man came at him with a spear! "Get! Get on with you dragon lest you're eager to be full of arrows! And if that doesn't discourage you- we have arsenic tipped ones as well! Have fun with that!" Cain rolled hi eyes, KNOWING he did not have time for this crap. Fine Arsenic, blah,. dissolves instantly in a dragon smart ass. He roared terrifically loud... Definitely not caring any more for discretion or secrecy. He belched out a long lick of fire in their direction, even as he was pelted with their regular arrows first. He ignored that and swiped several of the guards off their feet with just his tail. *Trying, Xavier! Got morons coming at me..* He thought back at the man. One man was quicker, and more clever as he lunged at Cain, stabbing his side with a long sword! It only angered Cain however, who stomped all over the sword- wielding midget. In another moment he was trying to bite off the roof with his teeth~!

Aria sobbed uncontrollably as she was whipped, repeatedly by that horrible belt. She tried to scream, but only choked cries escaped her. She bled worse as Edgar went into a beating frenzy. She strained against the chains, but could only move her wrists a tiny bit! Every movement her wrists or ankles did make cut her skin thoroughly, causing more blood to run down her arms, her ankles bled.. and she couldn't stay focused anymore... *Aldin.. I love and miss you... I hope... your life will continue to be better... without me..* She thought, before losing consciousness. She lost more and more blood as the man went crazy and seemed to try and destroy her!

Cain had had enough. In one fluid motion, despite multiple arrows in his body now, he roared furiously again and destroyed all of Edgar's hired help. Didn't give a single damn about any of them, and by the time all the bodies had fallen, he was using one massive paw to rip off the rooftop! He stared in shock and dismay at Edgar who was badly hurting Aria, to the point she'd lost consciousness. <Stop that!> He roared into the man's mind. Then, without hesitation, he picked up the tiny puny man in his claws, clenching tightly around his middle. <You are a piece of crap and I do not believe you will taste good. But this part will be fun for me too..> He snapped the man's head clean off with one single claw, then, tossed him far into the trees. Next he used one other claw to carefully dress Aria in a long shirt, and broke her chains. She was bloody, bruised and still unable to move. Tears welled in Cain's eyes as he held her securely in one claw, then flew back towards Malthen Ana, his heart was heavy.. *Found Aria.. heading back to Malthen Ana... Do NOT touch these Arrows in my body.. Arsenic cannot hurt me, but you mortals are very fragile to it. I will get the wounds taken care of at my cave... Please have Aria seen by Caden... * Cain told Xavier as he had a much easier flight back to the palace. He did not let Aldin know she was back, as her condition was very grave. Instead he summoned Caden as he got lower to the palace grounds... Arrows were in most of Cain's body, but he hardly cared.

Marianna nearly swooned as Cain got closer... "He's hurt!" She cried, hurrying out to the place far from where kids were playing.. Even wounded Cain was considerate. "Cain!..." She yelled, looking at the arrows, her face pale... She saw Aria unconscious and badly hurt....<Stay back.. Marianna... And do not alert Aldin yet...> He added. The man would likely faint if he saw this...

Mumford smiled, "I know she did Ginnia...best thing in my life was the day she said I love you. Well..until she gave me you..." He brushed her tears away and patted her hand. "No...that man was evil...no one's fault but his." He agreed,and though he'd tried to figure out WHO had done it, he'd never been successful. She said his name before she died...that hit him hard and he swallowed. Oh how he'd let them both down. had he still been there, none of it would have happened, but he'd believed a lie and then been trapped trying to keep them both safe only to find out they'd never been safe at all.

Allin smiled up at them shyly. "I kind of like Millicent...we can call her Millie for short." He peeked up at them both and then looked at Vi, "But Crystal is a good name too..those a pretty..."

Rook hugged her, "You always help me Claire...just being here helps me. I am constantly amazed that you have not given up on me." He took her hand, "Not all ice magic could do this to me...this is my mother's spell...it is specifically targeted to my core and more specifically my heart. It is a very painful spell to endure...and she well knew it. Normal ice magic does not bother me...this...was not normal magic though." He sat back on the bed, "Sorry...until I'm warm again I'll tired easily and be weak...maybe Theresa has some leftover soup around? That may help a bit." It would help his throat at least.

Xavier was watching through Edgar's eyes until he died and then he had to rely on Cain since Aria was unconscious. He heard Aria say she loved Aldin and hoped his life would be better without her and sighed in exasperation. He ran for Caden and Lauranna's room again and like when he entered Rook's room he knocked once and let himself in, "Sorry for barging in..."

Caden looked at him, "Coming.." he said as he kissed Lauranna and Lauden, "be right back love...stay under the blankets...I'll bring food too and some hot tea." He promised and then followed Xavier, "Now what?"

Xavier huffed, "I think the women of this palace need leashes..." he growled but made no further comment.

Caden saw the dragon with arrows everywhere and blinked, but the dragon backed away and he saw Aria. "Oh sweet heaven..." he said as he placed a hand on her shoulder and closed his eyes. Sometimes it was easier to heal when you couldn't see the person's face. Aria's face had whip marks across it that had slashed her skin and damaged her right eye. He let his full magical power flow and was soon completely engulfed in that pale amber light and then it began to surround her as well.

Aldin didn't ahve to be alerted. he saw Cain carrying Aria in one of his claws and she was dangling as if she was dead. he scooped up Mickey and ran to Chastianna, "Please...hold him a moment..." He said not wanting Mickey to see Aria die but knowing he had to be there for her if she was. He ran to Cain and saw Caden leaning over Aria. He saw the slashes to her face and the blood everywhere and he sank to his knees. "Don't die Aria..."

Caden heard the voice but did not respond. Apparently the man had only beaten one side of her body, because the back was completely untouched. The top however had almost no place that was not red, swollen and angry. He was having to restrict blood flow to certain areas so he could work but though it was a slow process at length he fell back on his rear end and huffed a bit. "Damn...doesn't anyone get stabbed anymore? Something easy?"

Aldin watched Caden fall back and he was at Aria's side in a second, brushing hair back from her face. "Wake up...please wake up..."

Caden gasped for breath, "Drug is still working...I had to stop...she can't move yet..but it will wear off... on its own..."

Xavier nodded and helped offered Caden a hand, "Need some help?"

Caden shook his head, "Not yet...give me a few...." He looked at Cain, "You ok?"

• Love