Theresa smiled a little as Jorga told her he could hire new staff. "Hmm... but I don't mind the work loads, really. I do hope all of the children find homes and parents to love them... It will be hard at first, but things are going well with the lessons, and Serena's got full lesson plans already for each age group..." She yawned then, her body always relaxing under his capable, strong hands. "I will tell you though- over and over you were...are a good king. Until it sticks in your brain.. " Then she smiled wider, realizing where poor Claire got all her self doubt from! It certainly seemed to run in the family. She kissed his arm, while he hoovered over her. She knew how saddened he'd become over the loss of life, and had no words to say, as she too felt how horrible the whole thing had been, for everyone. She too, felt thankful he was in her life. Melise had been right after all, her time had come, to find happiness. And she would try her best to be good as Jorga's future wife. All she wanted was for him to be happy and less stressed as well.

Rebecca smiled at Niald's words. "Then I won't dress fancy unless we both have to." She agreed, glad that Niald could now eat, but she didn't want him to sleep alone tonight- with everything he'd seen and had to endure out there. "Niald. . .you could- always sleep in my room if you want. My bed is big enough to share. We don't have to do anything, we could just sleep." She told him, having seriously missed him being with her. She felt she had so much lost time, even if it hadn't been longer than a few days. It made her appreciate his company even more. She ate with him, glad that her magic was so much stronger. He could take her anywhere and she'd probably be able to keep him very safe. She was even starting to practice those shields that Lauranna had been able to use.. "Also, if you grow any taller it might be harder for me to reach up and kiss you... you're already a whole foot taller than I am." She said smiling.

Ginnia knew her dad was right, and she hugged Billy and Mickey both before she let him carry her on his strong arms all the way back to their room in the palace tower. She had left her drawing on the table, half finished. She would work on it in the morning before lessons started outside. She wrinkled her nose a bit. She bathed herself in the bathroom, brushed her teeth, hair, and then dried off, before changing into her blue pajamas with little white bears all over them, from Theresa. Once in bed, she was able to calm her thoughts, knowing tomorrow was going to be a fun day with the other kids out in the sunlight. "Goodnight dad.... Be careful while training ... okay?" She said, holding her teddy bear close to her, and looking incredibly small and innocent. Her dad was her whole world too. She would not have been very calm had anything happened to Mumford the night she was taken to the palace. Not calm at all....~

Cora blanched at being told she wouldn't mind Mushy! "Blerrgh... Adults are gross. Kissing is gross. All of it is gross. I still love Becca- and you guys too- but if that is part of growing up I do not wannit..." She yawned then, pulling the blankets up to her shoulders. She had such a stubborn way of knowing things! But she smiled at Chastianna anyway. "Night night.... Chasti..." She said, drifting off to sleep. She'd had fun with all the lessons and the meals had all been fantastic! She looked forward to another day of learning and play.

At the mention of Claire, Irena had to laugh. "Indeed- I think she's healed over 200 people in all the villages alone. Caden healed countless as well.. As for sleeping in trees? I sometimes had a hammock, but other times a blanket and pillow and a large branch was fine... I don't mind being indoors.. I'm just one of those who choose to be connected to the Earth as much as I can.. it tells me everything I need to know. But it's true, winter is coming and the snow is not that fun to sleep on. Marianna did tell me to sleep in the palace along with her, but I am . . .stubborn, obstinate, and sometimes downright hate to ask for permission to be where I might not be welcomed. Theresa is one overworked woman. To add me to the numbers of those she takes care of.. " Irena shuddered. "A bed that lowers and rises? I'd like to see that. Maybe I could watch you make it, or help out?" She offered, letting him know she appreciated his kindness.

Aldin's lack of words of I love you too Aria, let her know ... they were just friends still. But she knew too, how deeply he'd loved Serena... would he ever. . .love her that deeply? She didn't know, and later on she would dwell on things, but right now, she was fine with the here and now. His fingers felt good on her skin, as did his lips over hers, and how they trailed down her body... She kept letting her own hands wander over his back and shoulders. She wanted them to connect on a deep level, to memorize his every muscle and his character. However, she did sense.. he was still healing. She knew to give him time. She kissed his lips again, drawing him in her embrace...~

Serena was certainly enjoying the bath Morden had made for her. It would have torn her to pieces however, if she ever learned Aldin was not moving forward with Aria because of her. She would just have been heart broken- especially for Aria, who she knew loved Aldin with everything she had! "This is the best bath, Morden... it's so quiet in here right now. Well...if you joined it'll be even more perfect." She assured him, loving the soft bubbles around her. Everything was lavender and vanilla scented.

Marianna knew Xavier worried for the king, but she was quite confident Theresa was even now, tending his every need, she was completely loving and selfless and was a wonderful person. "I like it. It's rather fun having so many kids here, but when it's quiet and settled, it's like every room is its own house." She thanked him for the wine and crackers, taking a small sip. It was a red wine, very strong, but full of good flavor. "And King Jorga is with Theresa. She of course is tending his every need, and she makes him very happy... that much I can tell." She assured him. She looked around the room a little- the fire place was lit, making it warm and very comfortable. His bed was large and spacious. There were a few colorful rugs, and a few bookshelves. Simply furnished, but very pleasant.

Jorga gave her a look. "I know you don't mind the work Theresa," he admitted freely. "But I mind how you work yourself to exhaustion when I can hire people who need work to survive to help you." He bent again to kiss her neck, "And...I would selfishly like you to have a bit of free time to spend with me. Dinner alone, a walk in the garden, a long ride on horseback to a picnic...things I have not done in decades. I would like to do with you. So...let me have my way int his...please." he asked as he turned her over and kissed her lips, "You will not be sorry..."

Naild smiled, "Good, I want you to be happy." And he did. In fact, most of what he did was with her in mind and how well she would be able to fit into the situation. He had no doubt she'd be a good queen, and a good friend to him as he ruled and tried to be the best king he could be. She was offering for him to sleep in her room, and he figured it was because she missed him as much as he missed her but he wasn't sure it was a good idea. He wasn't sure he'd be able to control himself with her that close all night. He looked at her and thought about it, "I'm not sure that's a good idea Bec..." he said honestly, "I don't trust myself around you." He figured he'd take the brunt of the blame, but she was really affectionate and it made things really hard for him in more ways than one. He was older than her by two years, and his body might be ready for that plunge but he didn't think hers was and he doubted they were emotionally prepared for it either. They might be, since they'd been together so long as friends, but he wanted things to be right between them, and for there to never be anything they could look back on with regret...especially in this area.

Mumford smiled and walked with her back to their room. He saw the drawing and smiled, "That is very good Ginnia...your mom would be so happy to see that." he smiled but there was an ache in his heart at the thought of his wife and all she'd be missing as Ginnia grew up and matured. "I'm being careful...they don't allow for carelessness. don't worry about me...you concentrate on your studies and on having fun with the other kids. They'll need some extra care and compassion as they get used to not having their mom and dad." He could tell she was already doing that but he said it anyway. "You and Billy seem to be helping a lot, I'm so proud of you Sweetheart." he kissed her cheek and tucked her into bed, "Rest well...I"ll see you in the morning for breakfast."

Chastianna chuckled and waved to the little one as she turned out the light and closed the door behind her. In the hallway she wrapped her arms around Gavin's waist and held him tightly, "I love you." She said as she laid her head on his chest, "What a day huh?"

Ellisar listened to her tell of Claire's healing, "OH...she heals now?" he said blinking, "I...was not aware of that..." he really was a horrible friend. But then she was speaking of how she slept in trees on branches and he was dumbfounded. "You would be welcome at the palace of course," he said without doubt, "There are many empty rooms, even with all the extra people who are there now. In fact...there are still three more rooms in the lab if you would feel more comfortable there." He offered, "Only Aria and Aldin and I are down there, so you can escape the chaos of the castle..and if you are in earnest about helping to build your bed for when the weather is warm again, you would be right there where it will be built." He really was worried about leaving her out there alone, especially with the news of the poachers and all the poisoning and whatnot going on. It wasn't safe under normal circumstances but right now it was dangerous. "I bet dinner is being served, are you hungry?"

Aldin was trying not to disappoint her, or let her down, but he knew he was doing both. He wasn't hurting over Serena like he had been but he still wasn't totally over that connection. NO, he wasn't in love with Serena anymore, but he didn't know what his feelings were toward Aria. He wasn't going to use her as a buffer to his wounded pride and heart. If love came, he'd tell her and embrace it.But he wasn't going to use her and walk away like a jerk. He could tell she was resigned to that knowledge and it stabbed at his heart, but he couldn't do more...not then. He held her though and kissed her back and allowed himself to feel that warmth and closeness.

Morden smirked, "As long as you won't mind your husband smelling of lavender and vanilla..." he quipped but quickly shed his clothes and joined her. "I'm glad things will be settling into a normal routine now...I'm ready for a few boring days."

Xavier watched Marianna as she spoke and commented about the palace. "He chuckled, "The rooms are large...I think it was built with the idea that families would occupy the individual spaces not single people. So, possibly for the first time it's being used as it was intended to be." He took a sip of his wine and then saw her looking around the room, "it's definitely a bachelor's room...not many homey touches in here." he shrugged, "I'm rarely in here, except to sleep so I never felt the urge to do much more with it." he was imagining what she thought of his space as she looked around and he could see things weren't as wonderful as they could be. The temptation was there to invade her mind and know for sure but he didn't do it. "So I"m curious to know more about you..."

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Theresa, who had worked ever since she remembered being at the palace, smiled faintly at such novel ideas the king spoke of... like dates! Going on horseback, and picnics... all of it sounded straight out of a fairy tail...."Hm. That does make me curious, horse-back riding. I'm not sure if I have ever been on picnics or not either. So okay, I will give in to this, but even if you hire more maids and servants, I would like Percilla to be next in charge. She's trained under me and is very good in all the same work I do." She said, kissing him deeply back. Her arms found their way around his strong shoulders, her soft hands gliding over his muscular frame, exploring him all over again as she found her boldness growing more each time she was with him. He made her feel so safe, so relaxed and at ease. She would not deny him anything and they both knew it.

Rebecca sighed, supposing they did have to be good for now, and let the matter drop. "Okay. . . do you have anything to do in the morning? More king-lessons?" She asked, not sure if she was wording that part right, but trying. She tried to hide her disappointment. Why did she feel older than 15!? It wasn't like his being two years older was that big of a deal, but no, neither of them were ready for such . .. adult behavior and she would not pester him about it. She would find other things to do. Truth was, she kind of felt like avoiding sleep...Dreams hadn't been too pleasant lately. Nothing hideous like the awful visions she was so glad not to have anymore, but something restless and dark wandered through her subconscious. A nagging feeling there was something evil still lurking, even though that was so stupid she didn't entertain that thought. Of course everything was fine now.

Ginnia smiled at her dad as he liked her almost finished drawing of a unicorn in a flowery-field. Her drawings were often life like, as if the creations could jump out of the pages. She just had an active imagination and was glad to have a way to express it. She knew her mom had liked her drawings. There used to be dozens stuck to the cabinet doors with little magnets in their old house. No way would she ever go back there to get them though. "I don't mind helping, dad. Poor Serena's teaching so many kids all by herself. She'll have more help tomorrow though I bet." She added smiling. "And Billy's a great kid... he helped hide so many others from the poachers." She shook her head, doubting she'd have been brave enough to have done that. "Okay... maybe when I'm taller you can teach me some fighting skills..." She added, yawning soon as she began drifting off, holding her one stuffed bear close to her. Her eyes closed and soon she was dreaming.~

Gavin grinned as he hugged and kissed Chastianna. "Indeed. The little guys are so brave... They didn't protest at all when I brushed their hair and made sure they had their baths. I think they're adjusting quickly.. and fast learners too. Ginnia's extra smart, I think she's really math-capable... " He made a face. "Not me. I hate math. Blergh." He smiled then, and lead them upstairs to their bedroom for a good night of rest.

Ellisar made Irena smile. "Not a bad friend-- we all get preoccupied with life, Ellisar. Sometimes it hits us harder than others. But yes- she probably didn't want to mention it either, you know how she stores things and bottles them up for ages. Hm... I guess I'll sleep in the lab for now, in case more people do want to use the palace rooms later on. I don't take much space- didn't have anything to bring with me, and I'm usually curled up on my side wherever I sleep." She shrugged..."I think there's no other poachers, so we should be fine for a while." She said, hopefully. At the mention of food however, her stomach growled. She hadn't had anything since breakfast that morning! "Dinner? okay.. okay- you win- I'm going- " She said teasingly, as she held her hands up in surrender, then marched jokingly towards the palace. She walked normally again, though once they found their way to the kitchen. It was impressively empty and silent. "Looks like everyone went to sleep?" She shrugged, wondering where the fridge was...

Aria sensed his confusion and sat up, quickly, alarmed at his expression... "Something's bothering you..." She said, holding his hand gently. She wouldn't force anything either, she was not that kind of girl. But love was mostly black and white- you either felt strongly for someone or were just friends... She wanted to know exactly where she stood. She had given him lots of time, really, to heal and to think. She would give him more if need be- she just wanted to know what she was to him. . . and she wanted him to tell her..

Serena chuckled. "Oh trust me, there are worst things to smell of besides Lavendar and vanilla!" She said, trying not to remember that dark room of Robert's tower and what had happened there. She had felt sick days after Caden had healed her, mostly from traumatic memories and overwhelming hurt from losing their baby girl. Now that they were having twins however, she felt much happier and far more hopeful since all their enemies had been defeated. She thanked the Glen every day for how blessed she was. "Boring days are wonderful. I don't mind making more lesson plans as we go along with teaching these kids either. Most of them seem very capable and bright." She added.

Marianna sensed he wanted to read her mind and smiled a bit. No, Xavier... my mind's not full of fluffy clouds and dragons, trust me... She thought sadly. She was more than ready to be honest with him though, and she knew it would be proof of her trust that she could tell him, the night she lost Matthew to the drunken mob. "Well, you already know I've no family. . .but when I was 17 I had a boyfriend....fiance really. He was nice, a little reclusive like I was. We didn't mingle or join in group festivities, we went our separate ways. One night, he made friends with a guy who seemed harmless enough. But this guy had tried to make a move on me, and in anger at my slapping and rejecting him, set Matthew up in the worst way he could. " Oh... this part was a little harder than she had planned. Screw it- it would be easier not to say the words and just show him. She opened her mind a bit so Xavier could see the details: Matt's blonde hair and grey eyes his lanky figure, easy going friendliness. The night he left to go have fun with other guys. Even though it left her alone most of that evening. She'd waited for him a long time... but then smoke billowing from the tavern had alarmed her enough to where she had quickly dressed, thrown on her sandals, and fled the cottage to the tavern. Everything was on fire. She didn't see anything past the oily, black smoke as the building burned. Men were pouring out, coughing but laughing. "Serves that whore right! Let's just leave the sorry bastard in there... he won't be coming home to her!" Then, she'd screamed, and ran head first into the fires, trying to reach her fiance to pull him out. She did remember him lying under a fallen beam, but he looked at her in sadness, as he lay dying. "Live a good life for me, Marianna.. my sweetheart. Please... it's all I want you to do." She'd kissed him then, and somehow came out, smoke and ash all over her, but not burned. She'd fled into the forest, unable to face another human being. She let him see Cain next, and how he'd avenged her quite swiftly, burning the horrible men to ash. She closed her mind so he didn't see the next 8 years of her life alone, because that was just no good for anyone to see, in her opinion. She felt her mind block back into place, and looked at Xavier steadily. "So- if you'll do me a favor and never enter a tavern alone..." She said, still trying to bury her feelings as she was used to doing.~

Jorga smiled at her bargaining with him, "Done..." he said succinctly and left off the negotiation portion of the evening's activities and gave himself over to the more pleasurable part. "This is all I thought of while I was gone..." he admitted as he kissed her and let the fiery red curls twist around his fingers like they belonged there....and he knew they did. "This time...will be more gentle and through," he promised as he began to explore and reacquaint himself withe very inch of her.

Naild shook his head, "I don't believe so..." he replied, "I think they will be focused on the children and getting that whole mass of chaos handled. But you've already been helping with that I noticed." he said with a smile. he was glad she didn't push the other issue. he knew he'd ahve caved in if she had. he couldn't bear to see her upset right now. "How about...we spend the day together? It's been forever since we've had a long walk..."

Mumford smiled, "He did?" he hadn't know that Billy was hiding kids, he wondered if Xavier or Jorga knew. If not they should. The boy deserved some sort of recognition for that, maybe a medal of some sort. "They do have women in the guards...when you are a little taller and stronger...I'll see what I can arrange...now sleep." He tugged the door to her bedroom shut and cross the small common area of their quarters and went into his room. He undressed and showered. He had bruises all over his body from the rigorous training that day but the hot water helped a lot. He crawled into bed and was instantly asleep.

Ellisar blinked at the empty dining room and kitchen, "Is it that late?" he asked having not realized how long he'd been out there talking to himself. "not to worry...there are always leftovers." He assured her and opened the refrigerator. "Would you prefer, soup, or meatloaf?" he asked. "there's potatoes, and beans and oh...there is a bit of pie left too..." He pulled up the covers, "Cherry and lemon..." He looked over his shoulder, "Any of that sound appealing?" He asked, "If not I can try to make something. I'm not the best cook but you probably would not die."

Aldin blinked at her sudden change of manner and closed his eyes before he sat up with her. His fingers moved over her hands as he thought about what to say. Finally his eyes met hers and he spoke, but his voice sounded raw and full of anguish, "I'm trying not to hurt you Aria...I really am." Again his eyes closed, "I can tell I am though and it hurts me." He lifted one of her hands still in his to his chest as he spoke. "I like you very much, and I care about you...I feel very protective and I worry about you...things are coming to me little by little but my insides are such a mess..." His eyes opened and he looked a little panicked, "you deserve so much more...than my shattered heart has right now...the last thing I want to do is take things just because..." He kissed her hand then, "When everything happens between us, I want to be so in love I can't think of anything else...you deserve that."

Morden moved her so she was laying against his chest in the large tub. "NO...tomorrow is a fun day for everyone...we're going out and have fun with the kids...sit under a tree and just relax..." She'd been working hard and he knew everyone else had too. they had time to get things put together, especially if some of these would be returning to villages and other families. NO, they could definitely afford a day of rest."

Xavier listened to her speak about her fiance, and forced the jealousy the word conjured aside as he suddenly saw her mind open and watched the horror from her perspective unfold. When it was done and she made her request he set his glass of wine down and took hers too and set it next to his on the coffee table, then gathered her close and hugged her, letting her curl up beside him on the large deep sofa. "I am sorry," he said softly, "Life can be cruel at times, for no logical reason." he sighed, "I can promise you this...if I ever go into a bar alone, I will be the one coming back out." He wasn't arrogant, but his powers were mostly uncontested in Malthen Ana. he knew his abilities and unlike her Matthew...he would ALWAYS know what he was walking into ahead of time. "But...just so you know...I am not a man who frequents bars. I read, I work, and I sleep as a rule...throw a bit of food in there and you have my life." He watched the fire, "It seems Cain has been a good friend to you for a long time...that is a good thing."

• Love
Theresa smiled at Jorga's confession and ran her fingers through his own hair, and moaned lightly as he began trailing kisses over her body, and caressing her softly. "I don't mind wild either..." She promised him, but gave herself to him completely, knowing he needed this long night of love making. She needed it too; it -had- been more stressful while he was gone than she would admit willingly. But soon everything would be sorted out and they would definitely have more time for moments like this. She kissed his arms, and whatever part of him she could reach.~

Rebecca smiled, leaning her head on his shoulder as she made all the empty dishes disappear, except for their tea glasses, which she magically refilled. "That does sound nice. Maybe it's safe again to tour the city?" She wondered what it was like; what the people were like. Surely not all of them were mean or hateful. Maybe they'd be more approachable to Niald, and of course she'd love to learn more about Malthen Ana. She was fortunately, easily distracted.

Ginnia definitely thought Billy should be recognized too! But she was asleep just as Mumford left the room. She was thoroughly exhausted from head to toe. . . Her dreams were strangely full of a lake...and an eerie fog over it. Probably nothing...she thought.

Irena smiled at all that delightful food... "Oh definitely meatloaf, the potatoes,... and lemon pie. That will definitely be fine for me... I can't cook either, only basic survival foods really.." She told him, as she helped locate plates to put the food on, and grab the pitchers of tea out. She saw the dining table looked really empty though... "I think we should probably eat and get back to your lab. It's so quiet I'd not want to wake anyone." She added, tuning her ears for any movements. Sensing none, she used the stove to heat the delicious leftovers, not quite sure how a microwave worked!

Aria managed a small smile for Aldin, holding his hand, and feeling his heartbeat. "She did a number on you, I can tell that much. . .but. .. I am glad for all those things Aldin, that you feel that way. I feel them too. . . and I guess it's easier for me, because you are the first man I've met and fallen head first for. You know you can tell me anything that is burdening you and I do not want you to hold back, anything. What area of your heart needs the most help...? I know it's Serena...but... is it Closure? Is that what you need from her to move on?" She asked gently. She traced his knuckles with her thumb, holding his gaze with her bright blue eyes. She had also a few things she'd need to tell him sooner or later. About a certain letter she hid in her desk from last month. She'd been ignoring it this whole time, because again, her parents were jerks and full of crap.. But then again, she was tempted to go out to that address they gave her just to spy on them.

Serena let herself relax against Morden's chest, her head resting on his shoulder as she dreamed about their own babies, playing with the other children. . . .Growing up in a happy environment. "Hm... True... Alright, I'll skip the lessons. Let them play all day." She agreed nuzzling him gently. The water was so warm and the bubbles piled up to their chests, she felt she could easily drift off to sleep, right here. "Love you, Morden..." She said with a sleepy yawn.

Marianna let herself curl up into his arms, tears finding their way from her eyes somehow. He made her smile though, when he said he'd be the one returning..."I know you would Xavier." She said, confident herself in all of his abilities and strengths. She was more like him though- reading was the best, safest way to pass the time. "Life can be cruel, but people make it more so, without reason, just because they think they can... Consequences find everyone though. I just hope none of those men survived Cain's attack- I wouldn't be able to face them..." She admitted. "Cain has been more like a father/mentor to me all these years... I appreciate everything he's done and continues to do." She added, yawning from fatigue that crept up on her. She watched the fire as well, letting the flames cast shadows on the walls.~

Naild nodded, "I believe it will be safe for us to go out among the people. It seems I greatly resemble my grandfather Keylen and that most people respected and loved him. I have had a warm greeting in every village...I am sure here will be the same." He drank more tea and then stood up with her in his arms, "For now...rest calls...but first thing tomorrow...I am all yours for the whole day. I promise."

Ellisar nodded, "There are two stools here..." he said pulling them out from under the counter. He handed the heated up plate to her and then sat down to join her. He hadn't eaten either and found he felt hungry for possibly the first time in a year. Usually he forced himself to eat, but right then he was actually enjoying the food, or maybe it was the company? "We won't be disturbing anyone. The sleeping rooms are far above us." There were thick stone walls and floors separating every room and space in the palace affording a lot of privacy to everyone. They finished their meals and both cleaned their dishes and put them away, "So, ready to see the lab?" he asked hopeful and oddly excited. "I'm sorry there is very little natural light ...there are only two windows in the whole area...most of it is underground..." He was awkwardly worried she wouldn't like it and want to leave.

Aldin watched her being so generous with her heart and it humbled him to the core. "You are so brave..." he said as he listened, "I wish I knew. I don't hurt anymore when I see her...I don't yearn for things I can't have with her like I did at first." He shrugged, "I just want to be sure I am not trying to replace her with you." there he said it. That was his biggest fear. "I'm not sure why I am afraid of that because you are nothing like her aside from your kind and gentle spirit. Otherwise you are two very different people." He rubbed his thumbs over her hands, "Honestly, I am probably just being paranoid and stupid...but give me a little time?" he asked, "I feel closer to you every day and I find more things to admire...be patient?"

Morden was glad she'd agreed because he had no intention of allowing her to do otherwise. He could feel her becoming dead in the water and smiled. He soaped up his hands and ran them along her arms and stomach and all over enjoying himself quite a lot. He washed her hair and took his time massaging her scalp with his large hands. "I need to pamper you more often..." he said as he rinsed her hair and watched the golden locks fall down her back with the water.

Xavier was glad she had confidence in his abilities. He liked hearing her say that too. Not that he was an egomaniac or anything but he was glad she appreciated his strengths. "People can be cruel...be glad you cannot hear their thoughts Marianna." he noted. "Some people were smiles and friendliness on the outside but hostile hatefulness on the inside. He didn't like listening to people, and only did so when he had to for the king's purposes. "I hate hearing them. I often have to do so for the king and it is taxing to my soul every time." even people he trusted implicitly had horrible thoughts at times. But he knew everyone did from time to time. "If you ever find yourself facing them, you won't be alone..."

• Love
Rebecca kissed him sweetly, and allowed him to carry her back to her room. "Goodnight, Niald. . .I look forward to our walk tomorrow." She told him, as she entered her own room and went to shower, then change into a night gown, before crawling back into bed, reading another chapter of Jia's diary, then finally falling asleep easily, turning off the lights in her room.

Irena enjoyed her food as well. Theresa, and whoever was helping her cook, were really skilled with herbs and seasonings! She ate her supper and desert, then put her plate and silver ware away neatly once it was washed and dried. She was pretty tired, honestly. "Underground doesn't bother me. I've no fear of being in dark places either... I am adaptable." She said smiling. "Ready to go and see it with you." Irena added, keeping close to his side as he lead her to the lab. Everything -was- very quiet, and peaceful. She was used to hearing all sorts of ruckus from creatures, bugs, animals...disturbances.... but now? Nothing. It was kind of nice.

Aria nodded. "I can tell you are moving on, Aldin. and yes- that does take a bit of time... I know you're not replacing me with her. . ." She blushed at this part, so scared she'd never measure up to this woman in some ways, and too completely ashamed to admit such a weakness. More Aria-secrets. . . .She stared into his eyes though... "Okay... then can we go back to the kissing part? I definitely liked that..." She said with such innocent sweetness in her voice and her eyes were full of gentleness.

Morden's roaming hands felt amazing to Serena's bare skin. She smiled as he played with her long blonde- hair. She nuzzled his chest, turning over a bit so that she was resting on her side. He would probably have to carry her out of the bath tub later on, but she was just so sleepy right then. . . she hadn't noticed how exhausted she'd felt until this bath unwound all her muscles and let the day catch up with her....

Marianna placed a hand of sympathy on Xavier's shoulders. She could sense sometimes how it drained him, knowing at all times all the thoughts people would have. Her's were quiet, like a deep river, usually contemplative....although there HAD been a few times where she felt she could connect empathically on some levels with people with stronger energy. "Sometimes...not reading thoughts is a relief, while others. . .it could be a matter of life or death..." She told him. She was always grateful to Cain. "And thanks...I am certain none of the men had survived though..." She said smiling. She knew that part of her past was behind her, and she was quite looking forward to a much more peaceful future with Xavier...

Naild left Rebecca at the door to her room and went nextdoor to his. He stood by the door for a LONG time fighting his desire to return and do what she'd asked, but he knew he couldn't. he pulled off his boots and peeled off the clothes he'd been wearing for days and went to take a much needed shower. He couldn't believe how much dirt was caked to him until he started washing it off. The heat of the water was so relaxing though and his sore muscles needed it. He wrapped a towel around his waist and left the hot bathroom to sit on the bed. He was so tired that he didn't even both to dress in bed clothes, but fell over onto the bed and within three minutes was sleeping soundly.

Ellisar led her to the stairway that led down to the lab. "The stairs are well lit at all times, but be careful...they are an odd shape stair tread because of the turning." he stayed close in case she lost her footing. Once they were down all the stairs he led her to his side of the lab and showered her one of his fan machines, "This is what I've been working on most recently. It will give the people moving air to keep their rooms cooler in the summer." He shrugged a bit, "but....I will start working on your lifting cot tomorrow." he promised. He pointed to the doors along the outside walls. "Aldin's room is there closest to the stairs and Aria's room is on the other side of the stairs two down. And this is my room," he said indicating his door behind them which was far away from the other two. "All the other doors are rooms...none of them area occupied. You can have any one you wish." Please take the one next to mine, his mind screamed but he didn't say anything out loud. He just smiled and waited for her to decided on a room.

Morden did lifted her from the water once it cooled. He dried them both with his magic and then carried her to their bed and laid her down. He slid in next to her and pulled the blankets up over both of them and cuddled her close to himself. "Sleep well Sweetheart..." he whispered as he kissed her temple and closed his own eyes.

Marianna was like a gentle breeze to his soul. Just her being there made his mind calm and his spirit relax. It was an odd thing really, because usually he was a very keyed up kind of person, always on edge and alert. He covered her hand with his and held it there against his chest. "Agreed...and those are the times I don't mind using the power I have been given. The rest of the time I keep it locked away." He watched the fire and enjoyed her being there at his side, "Thank you for joining me...I am very much enjoying your company."

Rebecca tossed and turned, fitfully, dreams somehow turning sinister. She saw a line of spirits waiting for her, and she had to talk to all of them to even be able to move... but one spirit lingered that felt -wrong- somehow. She turned, forcing herself to stare back at this malevolent entity... but then he was gone, and the room had cleared. Yeah maybe she shouldn't read so much of her grandmother's diary, she thought....

Irena smiled, and held onto Elisar's elbow as he showed her his laboratory, it was large, spacious and full of all sorts of interesting machines and contraptions he was working on! "You're an impressive young man...having built all these. I wouldn't even be able to come up with such ideas..." She said, then naturally, picked the door right next to his, mostly because she was worried about getting very lost in the palace if she'd try to find anything on her own! And because, well, it was just refreshing, being this close to a man who was genuinely a sweet person. "And thank you, Ellisar, for helping me this much." She told him, running a hand over his arm gently.

Aria kept very still, and sensed Ellisar was back! With a female... she smiled at Aldin and looked at him hopefully. Maybe Ellisar would get lucky...finally!

Serena snuggled into Morden's embrace as they were magically dried and the tub drained. That bath had been really amazing. She felt a million times better, and definitely able to sleep peacefully in his arms the rest of the night.~

Marianna smiled as he held her hand to his chest, letting her feel his steady heart beat. "It must be overwhelming at times.." She told him. She was definitely happy in his company as well; he was so honest and sincere. "I like being here with you too, Xavier." She confessed. The fire felt so warm, but his words washed over her as much as the heat of the room did. She could stay like this for hours really. . .Just standing and not moving, the two of them simply talking... It felt so peaceful...

Ellisar shrugged, "Not impressive at all really, just creative." he argued. "There are a lot of impressive men here at the palace..a lot. I am not one of them which is why i prefer my lab..." He didn't say it but he really didn't like comparing himself to men like Xavier and Lazar, so he hid down here and made things for everyone. "It was no trouble at all Irena, I have enjoyed out talk." He was tired though and he was sure it was showing. he tended to get dark circles under his eyes and his eyelids would start to droop as well. It was his own fault, because he hadn't slept at all last night being all fretful about his life, or lack thereof. He couldn't stifle the big yawn that erupted, "Forgive me...I didn't sleep at all last night and it's catching up to me I'm afraid."

Aldin heard voices out in the main lab and lifted a brow. He looked at Aria and smiled, realizing one of them was female. "Wow...who knew the forest was a pick up area?" he joked. "I hope this helps him."

Xavier shrugged, "It used to be," he replied honestly, "When i was younger it was almost impossible for me to filter what i was hearing. Everything was so jumbled it sounded like a crowd of people all yelling at once, but I had a very smart mother. She told me to sit and stare at a white wall and then try to hear just one sound at a time. And that worked. Eventually I was able to choose a person to hear and another to not hear, and now I can find people and identify people so it doesn't overwhelm me anymore. Annoys me at times, intrudes on my own thoughts many times but I have grown to embrace it for the gift it is." A smile lit his face when she said she liked being there with him as well. He'd never really thought about having a woman in his life. he was always busy and gone a lot, but she already knew about his work and she was still here. Generally once a woman discovered what he was and who he was, they ran for the hills. "What sort of books do you prefer," he asked, "You are free to borrow anything I have..."

Irena smiled at him, knowing he did not see himself in the proper perspective. She sometimes did the same thing though, and wondered how she could better help heal the land and waters as well as help animals. She'd never really given note of the powers she had, except she was grateful she could use them for good. "I must say, we both have a habit of holding ourselves in lower standards. For me, as an outsider... I would never have believed any of these contraptions could have existed til I met you- just as you'd never seen a woman glowing or healing the dirt...." She grinned a bit. "I have enjoyed our conversation as well, Ellisar... and I look forward to learning more in the morning... Good night... and thank you again." She then kissed him chastely on the cheek, and -very- reluctantly, closed the door so they both could rest! She let out a tiny sigh... He was very handsome and brilliant.. How could he not see that??

Aria grinned just as widely and curled up around Aldin... "I think it will..." She said, nuzzling his neck. She was definitely still feeling affectionate herself!

Marianna liked hearing Xavier talk of his mother and how she'd helped him learn to control his gifts. "I am glad she helped you.. I fumbled a bit through mine, but once Cain understood why we were so like-minded, he taught me many things about dragons, and my connections to them.... " She did understand the nature of his job, and she appreciated him all the more for it, as he was a very good, hard-working, protective guard indeed! "I like all things fantasy, horror, some science fiction... I'm not entirely too picky though. I will certainly browse your collection in the morning... Do you have a lot to do tomorrow?" She asked, curious.

Ellisar tipped his head a bit. "Well, I know what I invent is useful, but the men here are powerful. They have abilities that inspire fear and awe. I know where I fit into the grand scheme of things, and I don't mind. everyone has a place...but thank you." He watched her until the door closed behind her and then went into his room and closed the door. Once there he stood holding a hand to his cheek where she'd kissed it in total shock. She was so beautiful, why had she done that? didn't she hear what he'd said? He sighed, then. Once she met some of the other men he was sure she'd forget all about him, just like everyone else always did.

Aldin held her to his side and tried to ignore what she was doing. Damn it, he was trying to be noble.

Xavier smiled, "I miss her," he freely admitted, "She been gone for about five years now." He let out a slow sigh, "She would have liked you." He rubbed her fingers in his hand and then smiled, "There area few things over there you would like then." They sat cuddled together on his large sofa for a while before she asked about the morning, "I have a bit of work to do, making sure all the children are properly situated and I have to see that Charlie gets larger quarters since he took two of the children for himself." He began mentally ticking off things, "I'm also going to keep the sisters on my radar. I want to know where they are at all times. Even without powers they could cause trouble." He frowned then, "And I want to check on Jorga..."

• Love
Irena would have to find some way to get Ellisar's confidence back up it seemed! He had as much value as the other men around here.., but she knew, or sensed rather, she'd have to take things at a slow pace with him. She sensed he'd been hurt by women before and she did not want to break any sort of trust with him. She was a bit different than other females- she was loyal, and when she liked someone that's who she stayed with. She smiled as she went to sleep in the comfortable bed in the room..

Aria snickered .."Okay okay... fiine.. .good night Aldin... " She kissed him anyway, and rolled back over on her side, onery brat that she could some times be, though she did borrow his arm to use as an extra pillow.~

Marianna nodded .. . He was so smart and could figure things out very quickly. She knew she would have liked his mother as well... "I can help check on the kids in the morning- I think they will all be outside playing instead of having lessons. As for the sisters...yeah I don't like the thought of them wandering around either... makes me uneasy, even though they can't hurt people magically... they may have too many tricks up their sleeves, even in other time lines..I would rather they be behind bars of a cell to be honest.." She sighed a little.. "We'll check on Jorga too- or did you want to do that alone?" She asked, not intending to overstep her bounds, she knew he was plenty capable of handling all these things himself..

Xavier smiled, "I thought you might want to help with the children, and maybe check on your friend Irena. She's in the lab with Ellisar." He chuckled, "Interesting turn of events to be sure. Heaven knows Ellisar needs to have some kind of life away from that lab...hopefully Irena is a patient woman. Ellisar is dense...very dense." He had to agree about the sisters, "There are plenty of ways they can make trouble, and if they choose to the cell is where they will end up. Jorga gave them this chance, and if they take it fine. If not, I have no trouble putting them behind bars." She mentioned Jorga and he tipped his head, "I think that may be best handled between he and I...Jorga has been a good king, and I have been honored to serve with him, but his mind is no longer on the duties of being a king. I have every reason to believe he is going to step down tomorrow...and give the crown to young Naild."

Marianna nodded.. but soon her eyes were drooping! "We'll.. figure out tomorrow when it gets here..." She assured him, then promptly passed out in his arms on the couch. The entire week had been excruciatingly long and she was not able to keep her eyes open any longer. She was soon out cold, her eyes unable to even try to remain open.~

Xavier heard her talking but then he felt her pass out, as her body became heavy against his. Turning a little on the sofa as he grinned at her, he slid his hands under her legs and scooped her up. He walked the few steps to the bed and laid her down, pulling off her shoes and then covered her in the blanket that he rarely used. She looked tiny in his huge bed and that brought another smile to his lips. He went and showered and then returning in a pair of loose fitting pants stretched out on the oversized sofa and was soon himself asleep.

The next morning was met with another round of rambunctious chaos as the children woke and began to run from room to room to socialize and plan the day of playing and adventure. They were also meeting the kids from the new village, especially the family of five that were determined to stay together no matter what.

Morden heard them but ignored it for a few minutes and then decided that maybe he shouldn't. Kissing Serena on the enck, "Seems our charges are early risers..." he rolled out of bed and dressed in casual clothes and comfortable boots. "Rest as long as you want Love...I'll get them all down to breakfast."

Chastianna heard them as well but unlike Morden, she was already awake and in the kitchen. She wanted to give Theresa a morning off to spend with Jorga, so she was making pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs and had a huge pot of cinnamon raisin oatmeal prepared. She also had cinnamon rolls baking for anyone who cleared their plate. She was humming a cheerful tune as she worked, feeling more useful and content than she could ever remember.

Caden wasn't about to leave his little family that day at all. He woke early and showered and dressed in a pair white pants and a long white tunic that accentuated his dark skin and hair. He scooped up his son when he got fussy and was dancing around the room with him while Lauranna got a little extra sleep. She was already feeling cold again, so he knew as soon as she was awake he'd ahve to heal her body and warm her up, as well and calm the baby. He had a feeling this wasn't going to be a full term baby, but he knew how to tell when it was ok to allow the child to be born so she'd be healthy. He was keeping a close watch over both of them, but he was smiling a huge smile at his own son as he moved around the room telling him what everything was.

Jorga pulled Theresa closer when she thought she was going to leave him early that next morning, "Stay here...." he requested in a sleepy sexy voice, "they can make do without you for one morning...today is for us..." He lifted his head and looked at that riot of red spilling all over his pillows and felt his heart lurch in his chest. "You are so beautiful...especially in the morning..." He lowered his head to kiss her and then smiled, "I think today I will take you on a horse ride and a picnic. No palace duties for you today..."

Ellisar was up bright and early wanting to be sure to be awake and presentable before Irena came out of her room. He was at the work area drawing up plans for her lifting tree bed waiting for her. He felt like a child awaiting Christmas morning, not sure if he was feeling excitement or dread or nausea. he felt a bit of all three, but even though he felt sure she would leave as everyone else had, he still harbored a tiny bit of hope that maybe this time would be different.

Aldin slipped out of bed and showered first thing in the morning and dressed in casual pants, a white loose fitting shirt and his comfortable boots that Lauranna had crafted for him. He stepped out of the bathroom and peeked at Aria to see if she was awake yet.

Naild had slept well until almost morning and then had been plagued by odd dreams. He'd been jolted awake by one of them with his fists flying only to realize he was alone. He'd never had such dreams before, and they were so realistic it had been difficult to separate himself from them and return to the bedroom. That last dream had left him a bit shaken and covered in sweat, so he made for the bathroom and a refreshing shower to wash that whole scene from his mind. Unfortunately it didn't work, and the dreams seemed like permanent memories etched onto his brain and refused to weaken or fade. He needed to speak to someone about them, maybe Melise...

Melise meanwhile was having a similar type of night. her mind was moving from one scene to the next in an endless running commentary that she could hardly keep up with for its speed. When morning came she felt as if she'd run a marathon, her legs felt weak and her mind was exhausted. "Nathan?" she whispered to see if he was awake yet. a trembling hand reached for where she could feel his heat and breathing, "Nathan....you need to bring Naild here..."

Marianna just slept the entire night through on the huge bed, hardly even noticing that Xavier had moved her. But of course she would not have minded at all if he'd shared the bed with her either!~

Serena though, wasn't one to sleep in by nature either. She smiled, thinking how hyper the kids were going to be, and changed into a comfortable silvery shirt with black jeans, socks and shoes. Then, she brushed out her hair, trying to tame it into a braid, before joining Morden in gathering the sleepy girls to rise and join them in the dining room onced they'd dressed and brushed their hair. They were all especially eager for today's play-only event!

Gavin had slept in a little late ish, but it was still nowhere near 10 a.m and he had felt like a tree had been dropped on him the night before from physical exhaustion. Yawning, he showered, dressed in a nice blue tunic and blue jeans, with sneakers, as it was going to be a day of fun. He ran a brush through his hair, used a little cologne, and bounded down the stairs to help Chastianna finish up that delicious oatmeal she was making.. It smelled heavenly. He kissed her goodmorning, yawning slightly and started the pot of coffee.

Theresa yawned sleepily as she opened her eyes, smiling happily at Jorga's words and breathy, deep voice. She loved looking into his eyes this early and seeing how loving they were..."Hm... that does sound good.." She agreed, kissing him deeply and drawing him closer to her, her arms around his shoulders, gently running her fingers down his back. She would definitely not mind a little more fun in bed time with him either....

Irena stretched a bit, showered early, then dressed again, taming her hair as best she could. She found Ellisar with her tree bed and ran over to see it.. It was magnificent! "Oh this is perfect... I could sleep in the tallest branch in this and not even worry... Thank you-- Did you sleep at all last night?" She asked, her bright eyes dancing with happiness that he built such a nice device for her.

Aria was up, all cleaned and in a purple shirt and black jeans today. She was reading the second, very insistent letter from her parents' she'd found on her night stand someone had delivered earlier... Darling Aria... We're wondering how you've turned out and would like to re-meet you again, as older hopefully wiser parents and to see how you've been doing. We understand you live at the palace now...but would like to see if you would maybe want to stay here in Malthen Ana in our own home... Please come by this afternoon and see us... Here's directions to our house from the palace.." Love, mom and dad.~ Tears threatened the corner of her eyes as she studied the map. It lead to a house, semi- away from the other cluster of houses... but still in the group setting. It was two storied, and looked cozy, but her heart was tormented and definitely racing faster. She didn't know what to do..."Morning Aldin.." She said brightly, putting the letter back in the dresser of her nightstand. "What are we doing this morning?" She asked, going over to hug him. She definitely needed one after that letter!

Nathan kissed Melise, and hugged her. She was worried about Niald? "Alright love, I'll be right back. I take it only Niald, and not Rebecca?" He added. Then he went to Niald's room quickly and knocked on the young future king's door.~

Ginnia woke up before her father, having had her shower early in the morning, she was dressed in her green dress that was nice and clean again. She had only two outfits, but she didn't notice or mind. She was quietly finishing her field of flowers and the unicorn drawing, coloring it quietly, waiting to see Mumford off to his training before she went downstairs with the other kids.~

Claire nuzzled Rook when she woke up, just to see if he was awake yet. . .and to see if he was going to be alright. They definitely needed to talk...

Last edited:
Xavier woke and felt a bit stiff and cramped and then he realized he was on the sofa. He sat up and stretched his arms over his head and then side to side rolling his shoulders forward and back trying to loosen up. He glanced over at the bed and smiled at Marianna's sleeping form cuddled in the blankets. He quietly changed into his uniform and went to the kitchen and got two plates full of food and brought them back to his room. He set them down on the table just behind the sofa and then went over to the bed, "Hey sleepy head..." he said softly, "You hungry?"

Morden was getting the boys dressed and their hair combed, though many of them protested that part of the process. "Why? we're going outside to play....it'll just get all messy anyway..." Morden patiently smiled at them, "Because at breakfast all the girls and ladies of the palace will be there and you should be looking your best and present a respectable image." They still didn't see why but at least it was a reason for enduring what they considered to be quite close to torture.

Chastianna kissed Gavin and smiled, "I'm sorry I didn't wake you ... but you looked so peaceful and tired. I didn't have the heart." She piled more pancakes and waffles onto the serving dishes in front of her waffle iron and griddle. People would take them and she'd make more so they were always hot. She had strawberries and blueberries to put onto them and syrup as well. "The children certainly are excited about today...it's so great seeing them smiling and happy."

Jorga returned that kiss and built on it, not minding a few extra minutes or hours in bed with her. The picnic could wait...it could be a dinner picnic..yeah that was it...dinner...Later...MUCH later...

Ellisar hadn't heard her come up behind him as he twisted a screw. "OH...." he said a bit too loudly and dropped the screwdriver. "Good morning Irena." he said as he bent to pick up the tool, "I slept well thank you...I hope you did...was the room comfortable?" He looked at the partially completed bed and smiled. He pushed the sketch over to her, "Well...this is what it will look like when it's done...there's a bit more work to do, but you had mentioned wanting to help so I tried not to get too far into it..."

Aldin smiled and hugged her but he hadn't missed her putting something into the drawer as he'd entered. "Good morning Beautiful. Hungry?" he asked, "I was smelling something in the bathroom..waffles and something good...I bet the kids are all awake..." he chuckled and then looked serious, "I wonder how many pancakes that many children can eat??" He glanced toward the door, "have you heard anyone up and about out there yet? Think it's safe to go see who's here?"

Melise nodded, "Just Naild...not worried...but...well...a little..."

Naild answered the door expecting it to be Rebecca and had a huge smile on his face that quickly died seeing Nathan, "Good morning Nathan...is everything ok?"

Mumford woke and stretched. He sat on the side of his bed and rubbed his face and beard with a slow hand. He'd never been much of a morning person, but he'd have to get used to it. He stood and made his way to the bathroom and slashed cold water on his face and let out a soft groan. He came back out and saw Ginnia drawing, "Good morning Ginnia...did you sleep well?" he asked as he pulled on his uniform jacket and boots, "Ready for breakfast Pumpkin?" he asked as he glanced at her drawing, "That's very lovely dear One....very lovely indeed."

Rook was trying so hard to wake up but he was having a hard time. His body felt cold and heavy. The bad thing about that spell hitting him in dragon form, was that in dragon form he was cold blooded. His body temperature would adapt to whatever its surrounding temperature was. So his body was now having trouble regaining heat even in his warm blooded form. He managed to open his eyes and look at Claire. A weak smile formed on his lips, "Morning Angel..." he said softly, "How are you feeling today," he asked even as his core flared to life to make sure hers was totally full.

• Love
Marianna smiled at Xavier and sat up slowly, rubbing sleep from her eyes as she kissed him on the cheek. "Good morning... is that breakfast? You are sweet. Yes, I'm always pretty hungry in the morning." She admitted. Everything looked delicious on the table, and she walked with him to sit down with him and enjoy the pancakes and oatmeal. She was generally used to preparing her own food when she was in the woods: Fish, or berries and nuts, or sometimes if lucky, bread from the village when she had any change at all.~

Cora, who was pretty mellow even in the morning just rolled her eyes at the complainers while Morden tried to tame their messy bed-heads and get them decent. She was one of the first ones ready and dressed, so hopped off the foot stool and thanked Morden and snuck right out of the room, laughing at Billy as his hair had to be combed quite a bit! Mickey was quiet and still somewhat sleepy, but as soon as he was done he went right out too and looked around for Aria- kitty! She herself had hoped Rebecca was down at breakfast as well, but couldn't find her own friend anywhere. ...

Gavin smiled and hugged her while still helping with the cooking and serving plates. Soon everyone had plenty of breakfast food at their tables and began talking and enjoying the food.. "No worries, love. I appreciated the extra sleep. How are you feeling?" He asked as he made sure the others who weren't awake yet would have plenty of food as well.

Ginnia smiled and hugged her dad. "Thanks... I'm ready to go downstairs." She added, not certain about the playing part.."I slept okay. Do you think you'll train all day dad?" She asked. She missed having days with him, but she knew she couldn't be selfish. Many other kids had no parents at all now. She just missed him a bit though, it had been a long time since they spent all day together. But she was fine.~

Irena nodded. "I slept just fine, bed was surprisingly comfortable and I'm amazed how quiet it is..." She added, smiling at the sketch. "I'll help with anything needed today. The bed looks great- maybe we'll put a thinner mattress in it, so it holds better; and definitely will need blankets. I'm 5'4, so won't have to worry too much about it being long or big..." She added, pointing to the sketch. She could definitely see herself sleeping comfortably in the trees in this by Spring!

Aria smiled as Aldin called her beautiful. She didn't think she was- her long blonde hair was seriously hard to tame in the mornings, but she'd thrown it in a braid today, just to keep it out of her way. "Morning handsome. Yes, hungry, and no- so far only Ellisar and his new friend are down here.. talking about some sort of tree-bed invention. I could definitely go upstairs and see some of the kiddos before they're outside for the day... um... Aldin... I also have an...an errand to run this afternoon. Promise it won't take long, and I'll hurry right back here afterwards,...okay?" She ventured, not sure if she wanted him to meet her parents...NO.. No one as rotten as them would have really changed, she knew that; but she would humor them for one visit, and then maybe, hopefully they'd leave her alone after they saw her this time. She wouldn't shift -once- while there, unless things got bad, and then she'd fly off in humming bird, quickly, before they could even catch her. Yep, solid plan.... while a snide inner voice said..'you're so going to die if you go to them... moron-Aria.' She ignored it, following Aldin out of the lab towards the kitchen/dining room area.

Nathan smiled at Niald. "Yes. Melise is just a bit concerned, and would like to speak with you. If you'll follow me, I promise this won't take long... How are you and Rebecca doing?" He asked leading him away from her room and back to his and Melise's room, where he opened the door and had Niald get comfortable across from Melise. A breakfast tray of his own freshly baked breads, rolls, donuts, and other treats lay out on a silver tray, with plenty of fresh orange juice, milk or Coffee to choose from. He had missed baking, and had used the stove earlier that morning.

Claire felt his coldness and did her best to keep him warm! "I am alright.. thank you, love. I just want to make sure... psychologically and emotionally- that you'll be okay.....If you need to talk, I'm right here..." She assured him, stroking his dark hair. It felt wonderful to be able to be this close to him again and she was definitely happy... but she wanted to make sure he had that happiness as well... that his mother couldn't take that from him....

Xavier smiled at that little peck on his cheek, "I brought plenty," he admitted, "I eat..." He shrugged unapologetically as he sat down opposite her. he ate everything on his plate that was heaped to overflowing and drank a large glass of juice and water. It seemed he did indeed have quite an appetite. "The children are in the dining hall but I thought maybe you might enjoy waking at your own pace as opposed to being hit by a chaotic thunderstorm." He hadn't seen Jorga, but he hadn't expected to see him yet. He thought the man MIGHT surface for lunch, but more likely for dinner. "It seems they have promised the children a day adventure and outside activities...maybe you could show them something about what is safe to touch or eat?" he suggested, "The forest is close to the palace and it seems plausible that the children would sometimes wander there. I'd like to know they're safe."

Chastianna flipped pancakes and smiled, "I am actually feeling great!" she said and there was joy and excitement in her voice that he'd not really heard before. "Honestly...I love this...taking care of the children's needs and being able to help like this...I feel...useful." She'd been able to do things before...like finding the amulet in the dark swamp but this was the best feeling ever. "We haven't really talked about this but...are we going to stay here in the palace or get a house of our own?"

Mumford shook his head, "Actually there is no training today. All the guards are helping with the children. So...we can have a day if you'd like." he said offering her his hand with a smile. he'd wanted this to be a surprise so he'd waited until today to tell her.

Ellisar nodded, "I had guessed at your height and it's about two inches longer so you won't kick the frame." he noted, "Good, I will look forward to having your assistance after breakfast." he smiled and looked around the lab, "it is rather quiet here, but we are below ground and there is a thick stone floor between us and the main palace." He had a tendency to analyze everything in this way, and wasn't even aware of it. "I'm sure breakfast is ready if you are hungry."

Aldin grinned at the handsome comment. He wasn't handsome, and he knew it. There were some strikingly handsome men at this palace, but he was not one of them. he wasn't ugly but handsome, no. "Well then, it's safe to venture out...let's go meet the lady shall we?" he reached for her hand and nodded, "Do you want me to come along?" he asked of her errand as they left the room adn made their way over to Ellisar and the lady, "good morning Ellisar, Miss...I trust you both slept well."

Naild nodded, "I' can't say I'm overly surprised. I wanted to speak with her as well." he said as he shut his door behind them and walked with him to their room, "We are doing well...I admit it is getting difficult for me to handle the mixture of feelings I'm enduring, but I think I'll manage until the time we are properly wedded." They entered Nathan and Melise's rooms and he smiled at the welcoming aroma of the baked good, "This reminds me of the caves...best smell in the world..." he complimented Nathan as they crossed the room to where Melise was sitting on the sofa.

Melise looked at Naild in that unnerving manner she had, "You had a vision last night...in your sleep."

"I did...and I wanted to ask you about it."

"Tell me what you saw." Though she knew, she wanted to hear what he thought of it, and she would know this by the way he told the tale.

"I was in a room here in the palace, but not one I've ever seen before...it was large and full of paintings and golden statues, and treasures of all kinds. And at the far end a large sculpture of a man in full armor with his sword lifted and his shield at his chest was there guarding another door. He looked very much like me so i assumed it to be King Keylen." he watched her face for any sign of a hint that he might have thought correctly but got nothing so he continued, "When I neared the sculpture men came at me from all directions and were attacking me, but not with swords with their fists and shouting words at me of my unworthiness, but I fought through them and passed through the door. I woke up still swinging my fists."

Melise smiled, "What do you think this meant?"

"I have no idea," he admitted, "It troubled me. Are people going to believe I am not worthy to rule because of my father? Will they attack me and try to hinder that process?"

Melise shook her head, "I thought you might think this, which is why I wanted to see you." She patted the sofa next to her, "Sit." She waited for him to do so and then she took his hand. "What you saw was not attacks from without, but attacks from within. Those were your own fears and insecurities attacking you, but you fought them off and walked through the door beyond your grandfather's image. This means that you were able to overcome your fears and step into your destiny successfully." She gave his hand a squeeze, "You are a brave and noble man, Naild. You will be a good king and lead this people into a new era, one where all can live together and be as one without fear. The Glen supports you and will help you. Rebecca's gifts will help you as well, once she is no longer afraid of them...they will be of great use to you. Much is going to be asked of you, but you are able...and worthy to do them. Do not doubt, but be brave and step through that door."

Naild listened and what she said made a lot of sense. A true enemy would have been trying to kill him not beat him down with words and punches. He smiled at her as she spoke so glowingly of his character and he blushed bright red. "You are too kind, but thank you. This has helped me a great deal. I will be brave and lead in a way that will make my grandfather proud, and redeem our name."

Melise nodded, "Indeed you will young Naild." She patted his knee, "Now...go to Rebecca before she begins to worry overmuch, and remember...her gift will help you."

Naild hugged her and then left the room. He went back to Rebecca's door and tapped on it. He could hardly wait to tell her what just happened.

Rook smiled, "I am fine Claire," he said honestly, "Just cold...as a dragon my body temperature is whatever my surrounding are and since she tried to freeze me...I am having trouble getting warm again, but it will pass." he hoped. he'd never felt such a thing as that spell and it had left him a little shaken. "I already knew my mother hated me, and didn't care if I lived or died, so her words were no surprise." They still were difficult to hear, and seeing her face as she spoke them was even worse, but he hadn't been shocked. The little boy who hoped for his mother's love and approval had been crushed, but the man was unmoved. "I am glad she can no longer harm anyone with her magic, but I don't believe they will change their ways. They will find other means to achieve their end...I hope Xavier is wise enough to realize this and is monitoring them."