Alna returned the hug and the kiss eagerly. This day had been an ordeal and she didn't realize how badly she needed that contact with him. When he finally eased his hold on her, her face lifted and she smiled at him. "He needs you tonight...I will find a room close by and stay here tonight. I know you don't want to leave." She didn't blame him. If she had any family left she'd be clinging to them in exactly the same way. Morden needed a reason to fight, and Nathan's presence might give him that in the absence of Serena.

Caden nodded, "I could tell..." he said of their son's angst at the ordeals of the day. "He seems to be settled now and accepting of the intrusions." he cuddled her close and ran his hand along her arm. He was almost asleep himself when she sat up quickly and asked about her sister, "She is well Love...Gavin is taking care of her. I'm sure she is resting...shhhh..." He pulled her back into his arms and whispered softly to her for the next half hour, to calm her mind and spirit. Whispers of love and plans for their life and the coming of their son everything and anything that came to mind. He only stopped when he felt her breathing become even and regular and could tell she had drifted off to sleep.

Naild watched her and frowned.

Rook looked at him and stood up on his own. "Go to her...I will be fine. I will make my way inside and mmm...folow whatever that smell is..."

Nailed nodded, "Thank you...smell? Oh...that is likely Varen in the kitchen...go in that door and then left."

Rook smiled, "Thank you my friend Naild." He moved slowly and a little awkwardly but he was getting used to two legs again. He found the kitchen without trouble and smiled widely at the fare, "Oh I am in heaven!" he exclaimed as he looked at everything. "Are those cherries? And..ham? And apples?" His eyes didn't know where to look. "It's been so long since I've had normal food..."

Naild sat next to Rebecca, "You are the same wonderful, thoughtful, loving person I have always known and loved. Nothing you learn now will change that..." He pulled her close and kissed her hair, "I'm sorry this all came at you so quickly...a brother...being kidnapped..all of it...but your abilities are amazing." he was honestly impressed and in awe of them if he was honest. "At least your powers are normal ones...mine are...freakish at best." He huffed a small laugh trying to cheer her up. He looked at the garden path in front of the bench and saw an army of ants facing them and looking at him in particular. "See...look at them..." he said and oddly they began moving and to his shock they began to spell out words on the walkway. - Tell her you love her - was the message. He blinked and looked at Rebecca, "You do know that I love you, right?" why would the ants think she didn't know that? Had he been careless with their relationship, like he'd been with his relationship with his mother? "I'm sorry...I should tell you more often." He was well aware that he did not deserve her at all. And that once she realized that she was a royal and had a position to fill in the golden fae realm, that she may very well realize it too and leave him behind to be who she was meant to be. He wanted her to be everything she should be, and he wouldn't ever stand in the way of that, but she'd know how he felt and always would feel.

Varen smiled at jasmine when she entered and just started helping. She was always ready and willing to do whatever needed done and he liked that about her. He looked up as Alna entered and bowed his head to her. "How are you?"

Alna smiled weakly, "I am well thank you. I could smell this all the way down in the guest corridor..."

Varen smiled widely and even blushed a bit, "I love to cook..." He said by way of explanation, "Please help yourself...there's plenty. I thought after so much...stress...some people might be hungry."

Alna nodded, "I think I'll prepare a plate for Nathan first and take it to him and be back to eat with anyone else who happens to follow their nose as I did. "Maybe you can make plates for Gavin and Caden...and a little extra in case the Queen and Princess waken. I can deliver them..."

Varen nodded, "That's a very good idea. I cannot imagine the king leaving the queen for a moment tonight."

"Nor can I." she smiled and nodded to Rook as he entered while she was leaving.

Chastianna was resting peacefully but never let go of Gavin's hand.

Morden laid very still on the bed, lost in a misty dream. He was cooking and trying to read a recipe out of a book. His heart was heavy and he kept calling for Serena, but she wasn't there. He told her he missed her, that Naild missed her too, but she wasn't there. The mist kept her far away, and even though the book fell from his hands and he ran toward the mist, calling for her she was too far out of his reach. The same dream played over and over, sometimes mist obscured his view, sometimes a thick wall, sometimes thick jungle vines that wrapped around his legs and arms as he tried to get through them. His body lie very still but his face contorted now and then in anguish and frustration, and every so often the single word would groan from his lips, "Serena..."

Aldin lifted a brow as she fell off to sleep. Had he spoken his fears aloud? possibly. he was sure she'd start to remember some life, and someone. there HAD to be someone. He watched her face as she slept and felt emptiness invade his heart. He stood then and went out to the balcony and leaned against the rail. his hands gripped the top hand rail tightly and his voice rang out across the now dark night sky, "Why would you send her here if you were only going to take her away again?" Why would the fates be so cruel? What had he done to deserve such punishment? He'd always been fine alone, and though he'd met lovely women, none of them made him want anything more substantial or permanent that casual friendship. Maybe his attachment to her was because of all the time alone? Maybe he wouldn't feel so panicked at the thought of being alone again if he hadn't been so totally alone for so long. He sat on the stool he'd been sitting on and looked at the chair she'd sat in and shook his head. He had to stop allowing feelings to creep in before there was no saving himself. But how? How?

Nathan sat beside Morden, terribly saddened his brother had been so viciously attacked. Helena had gotten her final attack on him, but surely Morden would pull through... he had to! "Serena will be back, brother... hang on for her... for us... please..... She will be extremely disoriented... but she'll know your face, and be so happy to see you again...and Niald." He told him, convincing himself as well...

Laurana felt reassured by Caden's words, and eased back into a more restful sleep. She'd curled up around him again, her breathing a little more even. She was still cold, but she would warm up soon... Her hand however, was starting to get infected under the crude bandages. She struggled to hide it- knowing Caden had used way too much energy on Morden... and even now Morden was in a coma! <Serena.. come home... please...> She telepathed, hoping against all odds the woman would hear her and find her way here. "Caden... don't...believe everything Helena told you. I don't care who your parents were... you're wonderful, I love you, so do many others... not...defined by our parents.... but what we do..." She told him, her voice weaker from the fatigue.

Jasmine soon noticed Prince Room enter the kitchen just as they'd finished setting everything up. "I'm alright, Varen....glad that Helena can't hurt anyone else....and maybe Serena will feel safer again soon to return on her own...with or without Aldin." She felt bad for the man who had rescued her because it was highly likely he'd fallen in love with Mordens wife. ...."and you, Prince Rook? How are you faring?" Jasmine asked.

Gavin held onto Chastianna's small hand, letting the princess rest. He was relieved to no end that Helena had been defeated... but soul-wary. He was weary to the very bones of his body, to his own mind...his heart ached. He'd never had a family... she was so lucky.... he never knew his own mother or father and ... neither would Rebecca. He knew both of them would grow up kinda messed up from all this....but he hoped things would settle down soon.

Rebecca managed a laugh, and dried her eyes... "I love you too Niald... and... I'm sorry for your loss as well... Serena will come home...her memories are coming to her from her dreams...but ............. Aldin has fallen in love with her- so very deeply and he is so very much alone... it's going to be a struggle for him to find the will to let her come home... he won't...intentionally stop her... but he deserves happiness as well... it's complicated... On one hand, Serena's very happy with him... he's taken such great care of her, and never once let her feel depressed or scared,... her memories still hurt her head while she's awake... but they're ...... very clear in her dreams now..." She didn't know where that information came from, but she trusted it... "I know it has been alot for myself...and Gavin to understand we're both orphaned Golden Fae... but ...... I'm not sure how much my powers are going to be useful.. they sure didn't save the day or really do much of anything important.." She shrugged... "I don't know... I just... sometimes feel like someone who could easily disappear.... and you'd be the only one who'd notice." She leaned her head on his shoulder, brushing back tears. "And hey- your powers are definitely neat... animal-tamer." She teased gently.

Oralie soon stopped dreaming altogether.... almost blocking herself- from having memories. She sensed Aldin's pain... and didn't want to remember anymore! She tossed slightly on the bed, her face a mask of worry and agony as she fought to clear her mind.... "Can't be real... no... I can't..!" She cried... Her own heart aching, splitting almost metaphorically... yet it felt real enough. Tears soaked her face long before the night ended. When she woke she'd be even more determined to push away her invasive older life...even if she did hear a queen's voice from a far, far distance, begging her to return. She soon began hyperventilating, unable to cope any longer with the old life memories taunting her...

Last edited:
Reactions: PoetLore
Alna piled a plate of food and fruit for Nathan and then poured him a large glass of tea and set it all on a tray and left for Morden's room. She tapped the door lightly and waited for it to open, "I thought maybe you'd be hungry...and that Morden might be as well if he wakened." she set the tray on the bedside table and reached for his hand, "Now is Morden doing? Any change?"

Chastianna shivered a bit and still holding Gavin's hand turned and curled up in the covers pulling him onto the bed with her. She hugged his arm with both hers,let out a soft sigh of contentment and wiggled back against his warmth.

Caden smiled at her words, "Not to worry love...her words did not have that great of an impact. I am curious, but it will not change me in any way." He kissed her forehead, "Rest now." He noticed her hiding her hand, because she wasn't very good at hiding things. He waited until she slept and then lifted her fingers and removed the bandage. Shaking his head he pressed his hand flat against hers and the glowing golden magic flowed between them easily and without any draining at all. He reminded himself to explain how their marriage had changed the way their magic melded and flowed now, and hopefully she wouldn't feel the need to hide her illnesses or injuries from him in the future.

Rook nodded a welcome to Alna as she passed, "I am much better Milady...forgive me...I have forgotten your name." even as he spoke he filled a plate and a glass and then looked at everyone, "Are you all dining in here? Or is there another place?" surely there was, this was a palace, but he wasn't about to assume that such extravagance was called for at this time. He didn't care either way, he was just glad to be able to share a meal with other people again. "Thank you both for preparing this. It was very thoughtful."

Naild was glad to hear that laugh, very glad. she told him about his mother and he frowned, "She is easy to love and if he has been so good to her then he must deserve all the best things life can bring. Maybe he will come here and live among us...instead of so far away..." Though that might prove hard for him if Aldin was truly in love with his mother. There weren't many people in the village that he'd think of as worthy of someone wonderful, but maybe there was someone he didn't know...somehow he doubted it though. she mentioned his powers and he looked at the ants and chuckled a bit, "the ants think so at least."

Morden slept on, living through dream after dream. each in a slightly different setting but with the same goal...to find Serena. sadly, each dream ahd the same outcome, failure. Suddenly though, his dreams changed and began to focus on Helena and Hannah, and the decades of villainy and evil they had caused, not just here but in the alternate timeline. These dreams turned violent as he faced her time and again, killing her in many different ways, and yet never being satisfied. In all of them Helena mocked him saying she would find peace in death knowing his life was torn from him and given to another, meaning Serena.

Aldin had come back inside after an hour or so of soul searching and sat by her bed to watch over her for a time while he read. her thrashing about and spoken words were worrisome to him, as he didn't want her to reinjure her arm. He paid his arm across her upper chest and held her steady whispering to her, "Shhh...you are safe...be still...you are safe Oralie..." Finally she stilled but tears flowed from her eyes. Was her other life so terrible? Had she been mistreated? Perhaps it was best to keep her here away from that life after all...he'd see if she could speak of this tomorrow and shed some light on it. The last thing he wanted to do was send her back to be hurt again.

Nathan thanked Alna for her thoughtfulness and accepted the tray gratefully. "He remains the same... dreaming about ...but never really reaching his Serena... his sadness is more than even I can bare..I pray there is something soon that can be done for the both of them." He said, holding Alna's hand, gently as he placed the plate of sandwiches and fruits on the nightstand. He took a sip of the iced tea, hoping his brother would awaken soon...

Gavin let out a small eek as he was hauled into the bed with Chastianna. He blinked a few times...he hadn't been aware she wanted him close to her like that! But he smiled, also healing the cut on her hand, and fell into a light doze himself, completely exhausted over the last few days...no...weeks.... There weren't any dreams, thankfully..~

Jasmine smiled at prince Rook. "I am Jasmine, this is Varen.. we're commanders of the guards here, and we help wherever we're needed. Please, help yourself, I imagine you're more hungry than you realize." She heaped a few more fruits and sandwiches onto his plate, then made sure he had a glass of iced tea as well. I think we can eat wherever is comfortable... there's a nice table over here if you'd like... " She added.

Lauranna smiled in her sleep, so very relieved everything had taken care of itself sort of! She still had to worry greatly about Serena, and Morden... and other things... but the greatest danger had passed... so she slipped into an easier rest, her head on Caden's shoulder, one arm around his waist, even their son seemed content.

Oralie eventually stilled... in the dream she smiled at Morden.... reaching out to him with love and understanding.. "I want to come back to you..... I am just so afraid...of others...." She admitted sadly, her eyes tired, her soul burdened with more pain than she could ever admit to.... She did like Aldin truly... but she was promised to Morden! And she had a family.. that much was becoming clearer.... "Morden........ hang on my love.... I will try to come back...... I will try to vanquish this terror...." She didn't talk in her sleep anymore, but she did seem to rest easier...~

Rebecca definitely felt much better! "I think... Serena needs to be shown.. how much she's loved here... if we can get her back... even if Aldin follows, I think she'd be less scared...... those people were horrifying Niald... I wouldn't want to encounter any of them either....." She shivered, remembering the terrible scene of brutality... "Come on... I guess we should eat something... " She smiled at the ants, and delicately stepped over them as not to hurt any one of them or bother their nests!

Alna looked at Morden and frowned a bit, "Helena chose a particularly cruel way to attack him...he is strong Nathan...he will recover." she hoped it wasn't a lie. "I need to deliver more trays...will you be ok here?"

Rook nodded, "Ah yes, Jasmine and Varen. Forgive me, I do remember now. It is a pleasure to know you both." He gathered his plate and glass and moved both over to the table indicated. "I am quite famished...thank you again." He took a few bites of the sandwich and smiled broadly, "oh how I have missed food..." His eyes ere full of delight as he savored the simply flavors of a sandwich. "I am curious how you both came to be in charge of the guards...not that you are unworthy, but I am unaccustomed to seeing anything other than a fae admitted into a palace." He very much liked the way things were done here and he approved wholeheartedly, it was just different and made him curious.

Naild nodded, "Maybe we can ask permission to travel to them...would you come? I think she would be as happy to see you as me to be honest and having another woman there might make her feel safer to return." His eyes were full of pleading, "Varen or jasmine could come along...perhaps even both." He suggested as then walked inside, he noticed the ants left the walkway and went back to their normal work. How long would it take to get used to that sort of thing? Maybe his whole life he'd think. They entered the kitchen and smiled, "everything smells amazing as always Varen. It is good to see you eating as well Prince Rook...I'm sure you need it."

Rook nooded, "Please...come sit with me and enjoy...it's delicious." He knew once he was fed he'd be very tired and in need of a bed, but for now he was just delighting in the taste of anything and everything.

Everyone else slept without incident.

Nathan smiled sadly... "Yes...Helena knew Serena meant the world to him...it was horrible to attack such an innocent woman that way...I hope Serena comes home soon.. and yes I'll be fine here. Love you Alna....come find me when its time to rest...or if you need anything." he added sweetly.

Jasmine chuckled. "We were asked by Queen Lauranna and King Caden to be guards....after that vile woman...Sheena had stabbed Rebecca with a poison dagger. There hadnt been mu ch security since the queen had only just used the hidden spell to bring all fae here.....long story short, we had already lived near the glenn....my magic is strictly over the elements. We do have guards...at least 50 I believe...." she added, trying to head count in her mind.

Rebecca smiled and hugged Niald... "Of course I will go with you. I want her back as much as everyone else. I really miss her too....Im sure her memories will get stronger as we talk to her and assure her it was only Helenas magic influencing all of those people.." she added with more hope. She followed him into the kitchen, thanking Jasmine and Varen for the food and drink, she did get at least two sandwiches with a side of fruit and chips. "I can wash all the dishes when everyones finished." she offered. Jasmine smiled. " Thanks Rebecca, that would help. " Rebecca also noticed Prince Rook at the table and sat with him.. "Are you much better, Prince Rook?" she asked.

• Love
Alna gave him a hug and kiss before she left him there. "Love you too Nathan." She made her way back to the kitchen glad to see the others sitting and eating. She made a plate for Gavin and Chastianna and tapped on their door. No one came so she tried the knob and found it open so she stepped in and set the tray on the stand by the bed. She was surprised to see the two cuddled up on the bed, but she didn't give it any more thought than that. She left as quietly as she came and made a plate for Caden and Lauranna adding a bit extra for Lauranna since the baby needed the extra protein and milk. She taped the door and again no answer, s she tried the knob and went inside. She set the tray down and was about to leave when she heard a soft voice.

Caden opened his eyes and smiled at Alna, "Thank you...I am sure we'll both need that once we have slept a bit. It was very thoughtful of you."

Alna nodded, "I am just delivering...Varen and Jasmine were thoughtful."

"Please thank then for us both," he said as his eyes closed, "Any improvement with Morden?"

"No, none. Nathan is by his side."

Caden frowned a bit but then fell asleep.

Naild smiled, "Thank you...I know if will be good for us both to go. I will ask the king tomorrow if we may make the journey since Helena's magic is trapped now." They entered the kitchen and sat with the others. Their conversation already ongoing, so he held Rebecca's seat until she was seated and then took the place next to her.

Alna returned to the kitchen and made herself a plate and then went over to sit with the others. "The king sends his thanks for your thoughtfulness." She said to Varen and Jasmine. she was tired, but knew she had to eat before she could rest. Tomorrow would be another long day of disillusionment and long kept secrets. She wasn't looking forward to tell the vision, but she was glad it could wait til tomorrow.

Rook lifted a brow, "there are so many fae here?" his shock was clear, "There were less than thirty of us total at the black palace and surrounding village. I know Lars was in love with Aura, but his decision to marry outside our race was a calculated one." He didn't want to make any accusations against the king but his meeting Aura hadn't been by accident. "I believe that was why my mother and Hannah felt so betrayed...they felt he was bringing the dark fae race to an end by mixing with another race. I think they were wrong...but I kind of understand what they were feeling. Now there are only three of us left..."

Alna wanted to say there soon would only be two but she didn't feel it was appropriate so she just ate her food in silence.

Naild looked at Rook, "What happened to the others? The other thirty?"

Rook sighed, "Anyone who did not side with the sisters was destroyed..."

Varen shook his head, "That is horrible...I am glad you were spared."

"Well...more or less...I was useful to them. It was not a good thing for me personally but being here gives me hope for the first time in recent or even long term memory." He looked over at Rebecca, "I am well Princess Rebecca. I will sleep well that much I can tell, but otherwise I am unharmed." His bowed his head in regal fashion, "I thank you for your kind concern."

• Sweet
Reactions: Maggie
Laurana smiled a bit in her sleep at the smell of delicious sandwiches, fruits, and chips. Her baby was definitely hungry, so she slowly managed to wake up, also thanking Alna before she left. It wasn't too long before she managed to eat her plate, drink the entire glass of tea, leaving Caden's alone, since he would probably be hungry as well! "That helped a bit..." She said, yawning and leaning her head on his shoulder, only half-awake really.~

Jasmine blushed, but smiled as she and Varen were complicated. "Oh, no troubles.. just found a lot of well stocked goods. Figured we should definitely put them to use today." She added, finishing up the last batch of sandwiches and leaving the extra tall platter on the counter for everyone to eat.

Rebecca smiled at Rook's acknowledgement, but frowned at all the violence that had happened... "Hopefully things can settle down a little bit..but... I must ask... Jasmine...Varen.. will both or one of you go with us to retrieve Serena? We feel she might be more willing and confident to come back once she learns she has a safe life here... and that she is very much loved.... and Morden.. .he might recover just hearing her voice again..." She asked, trying to hold back sadness. Things were too gloomy as it was, she didn't want to make it worse! Rebecca could also sense the vision Alna was containing in her heart... but she knew not to pry, being a seer was difficult enough.... no one wanted secrets unveiled until the time was right, so she held herself in check that day.~

Oralie blinked..... waking up to bright sunlight, she sat up carefully in bed, her head full of hazy dreams and more headaches and agony than she remembered feeling before.... She drew her knees up to her chin, burrowing her face in her kneecaps, too ashamed to even speak that day... ... she didn't even know what to do or think!

• Love
Caden ate a bit with her but was more content to just hold her close and relax. he was glad she'd eaten, and their son was glad as well it seemed from the amount of bouncing around he was doing.

Chastianna slept for hours but eventually woke up and stretched a bit cuddling back into the warmth she felt behind her until she realized there was warmth behind her. She looked at the hand held tightly in hers and tried to remember...something. she looked over her shoulder and saw Gavin and wondered how they'd ended up like they were at present. From the rather tight grip she had on his hand, she could tell the whole thing had been her doing and she turned bright red. She eased her grip on his hand and turned to face him. Why wasn't she terrified? The fact that they were both fully clothed probably had something to do with it, but it was more just Gavin. He made her feel safe and that was so foreign to her. She waited for his eyes to open before she spoke, "Thank you for staying with me..."

Varen looked at Rebecca and Naild, "I would be happy to escort you both, should the King give his permission. I think you are right, she will feel better and safer in the company of a group and after seeing her own child."

Rook felt heaviness at the distress everyone was feeling, "I wish there was something I could do to help."

Naild tipped his head, "Thank you for that thought, Prince Rook. I do appreciate it. I think you will be needed here."

Alna nodded, "he will be needed here..."

Everyone looked at Alna but she made no further reply, only went back to eating her food.

Aldin had been making breakfast and hadn't seen her wake up, but he DID see her holding onto her knees protectively when he returned. He set the food down and went to sit next to her, "What happened Oralie?" he asked gently. "How can i help you?"

Laurana laughed a little as she felt her son bouncing around in her stomach, playfully. "Goodness lad... give your mom's bladder a rest will you?" She teased, patting her tummy gently. She hugged Caden. "He's going to be as active as you I think." She said, smiling.

Chastianna had felt so comfortable in his arms, he hadn't even minded a bit as he'd slept with her on her bed. She stirred a little, rousing him awake as well. He felt so much more rested that he kissed her cheek. "Not at all a problem... Thanks for making sure I rested too..." He said smiling. Then he noticed the plates of food, and handed her's to her, before taking his own.

Jasmine stared thoughtfully at Alna.... but also knew better than to ask about that ominous hint how Prince Rook would be needed! She cleaned plates as they were emptied,... "I will go too... to ensure everything is alright." Jasmine assured them.

Rebecca was glad they'd agreed, and smiled at Rook.."It's all complicated, Prince Rook.. but we'll fill you in when we bring her back..." She told him.

Oralie stared at Aldin through almost unseeing eyes..her expression beyond tortured...... "Aldin... I don't think anyone can help me..." She drew in a breath, pain in her chest steadily worsening... "I think I -am- promised to another.. and he's... he's hurt badly....... I know people are calling to me... I almost know all of their names and faces and gods I don't want to leave you here alone....I feel like... I am a terrible person for remembering all of this.... but more is coming back to me and I....." She broke into anguished tears again. "I just don't know what to do....How would I even go back.. I don't know where that..palace is..." She burrowed her face again, hurting just because she knew -he- was also hurting...~

Caden smirked a bit, "Me active?? Oh no my lovely darling wife...that would be YOU he gets that from... but We should try to rest more, I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be another long day...Sovalna had a vision...she was speechless and in tears. But..for now we rest. tomorrow's troubles will wait. We both need rest, and our son does as well...also...dearest...when you have need of healing do not try to hide it from me. My magic when used on you will never drain me, nor will yours drain when used on me. It is a gift of our marriage bond and the uniting of our cores. So...please tell me from now on yes?"

Chastianna blushed at the gentle kiss that seemed to singe her toes. She smiled at him, "I wish I could take credit for being so thoughtful but I do not remember much aside from wanting you to stay and holding your hand...tightly." Pressing her lips together, she peeked up at him through her lowered lashes, "I am very glad you stayed though...I feel safe when you are near." She accepted the place and blinked, "Thank you...when did you ahve time to do this? I am famished!"

Naild too was glad, but he also knew that unless Caden said they could go, it was all for naught anyway. he wasn't sure what Alna had been hinting at either, but he had seen her be right so many times he no longer questioned anything she said or did. "Thank you both...I will petition the king as soon as the dawn hits the sky if possible."

Varen nodded, "As will I. The guards here are able to handle the palace now, so I can make him feel safer knowing that." not that the king or queen required their protection in any way, but keeping things at bay and in order was important. Plus, he felt a sense of obligation to return for Serena, since they'd had to return because of him. He didn't like having any order he'd been given go uncompleted. No, he wanted to return for her and guide her back safely. They they would have an eye witness to identify the attackers as well as Alna and Rebecca's sight, so their sentences would be honorably justified on all counts.

Aldin heard her words and her sobs of pain and anguish for his discomfort shamed him. "Oralie...shhh...do not worry for me. If he is hurt and calling for you, he must love you deeply. You belong there. How could I ever be happy knowing such a thing? Or that my own selfishness was the cause of another man's death in misery...alone? No...we will find a way...I promise you..." He drew her gently into his arms being careful of ehr arm and rocked slowly back and forth. "Shhh...I will send for my friend...he may know where this palace is...shhh...."

Laurana smiled, blushing.... "Yes, I will tell you...and I was worried youd used too muc h on healing Morden...but I certainly can feel our magic strongly connected now...when we're more rested I think we should test it out a little..." She said,smiling a little. It had been so long since they could relax together like this. She felt content enough to magically send their empty plates and glasses back to the kitchen, sparkling clean and in their proper cupboards. She then lie down comfortably on her side of the bed, kissing Caden before letting her eyes close again. How she loved him so much!

Gavin chuckled lightly, smiling as he heard her say she felt safe with him. "Not I, princess. I believe Alna was delivering food to everyone in the palace, and the centaurs probably prepared everything. It's delicious too." He added, finishing his chips and sandwich. He gave her his extra fruit.

Jasmine understood what Varen felt and nudged his arm gently. "we will wait to ask Caden, when he and Laurana have rested." She agreed. She too hoped for the punishments to be dealt to those terrible people...possessed or not, they had still a loong lesson ahead for them.

Rebecca finished her meal and drink soon after they decided to look for Serena again. .she sensed she was remembering everything as they spoke, and she would certainly need reassurances and reasons to hurry home. She yawned slightly as she washed her dishes in the sink. Hopefully there would be time to catch a little rest before their next adventure. .

Oralie held Aldins hand gently, wiping her tears on a sleeve. "Yes ....we will go together.. .and at least I'll meet this friend of yours....before we go...I have to explain some things..." Well...here they were...her memories were completely back in place, nothing was forgotten. Queen Lauranas calling her had almost worked like a hidden spell ..or her head had healed faster thanks to the laudunum. She settled herself, took a few calming breaths ....and simply went ahead to tell him her life story, knowing he deserved to understand who she was. She wouldn't blame him at all if he thought she was a complete weirdo...

Caden smiled, "Thank you Love..." and then he pulled her close meaning to just rest but then he realized it had been a long time since they'd been comfortable and at ease for even a few moments and he began planting soft little kisses to her lips. He knew they should be resting but he figured working up a nice physical release was a good way to put them both back into deep restful, contented sleep. spent the next hour reminding her how cherished and adored she was. As he drifted off to sleep he whispered, "I love you both so much."

Chastianna gobbled up her food like a starving waif, and his fruit as well. A tiny burp slipped out and she pressed her fingers to her lips, "Pardon me." She didn't apologize for her appetite though, she knew that was from all the magic and the joining of her core to her father's. "So what do you think all that stuff Rook said means?" she asked as she finished and handed her plate to him to set on the stand again. "If you are a kidnapped child of the goldens...that means you have a family somewhere." She turned to face him curling her knees up under her a bit and resting her hand on his arm, "How do you feel about all of that?"

Varen nodded, "I do not like leaving things unfinished Jasmine. We were sent to find her and because of me we did not do that..." He finished cleaning the counter, wrapping up all the leftovers and storing them in the cold storage if anyone should want anything later or even tomorrow. "It is getting late..." he said looking at her as the others left the kitchen and made for their rooms. "I think we should stay here tonight...there are some sleeping quarters off the armory..."

Naild saw that yawn and wrapped his fingers around her elbow, "I think it's time for rest. It's been a long eventful day...Good Night everyone.." He nodded to Alna, Rook, Varen and Jasmine as he ushered her out. He didn't pull her but he led her out and back to her room. He opened the door for her and waited for her to enter first. "Thank you for wanting to come along to find Mother. I know she will be glad to see you."

Aldin listened and felt all her anguish as she spoke of her life as an outcast, but her changed life with Morden. he was glad the man had sense enough to realize life was short. "He sounds like he loves you very much...and I am very sure your son does as well. We will ask my orc friend about this castle and find our way there. You'll like him...though honestly I can't imagine you disliking anyone." He felt good about delivering her back to Morden, though he knew he'd be lonely again. "Think you can eat now?" he asked, "And I want to check your wounds...I think I can do away with the bandages today...though maybe not the sling. I'll check though..."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Laurana grinned at Caden's idea of resting! But she wasn't at all protesting. They did need this special moment, considering everything that had happened, and was still happening;it felt amazing to be held and cherished, as if all other worries were floating away... "And we love you so much, Caden.." She assured him, kissing him deeply.

Gavin laughed at how hungry she'd been, having devoured his own food just moments ago... Her question amused him..."A family somewhere...Hm... Well I can't say I'm too eager to meet anyone that I never really knew or got attached to.. I mean... I'm sure it's different for my sister...she's had to live with that vile Sheena woman far longer than I did. She'll probably be eager to meet her family.....or confused.. she's hard to read sometimes.... But I don't think she will go anywhere without Niald." He added smiling... Their parents couldn't have been all that great....After all... where were they when they'd BOTH been kidnapped the same night? He wondered....

Jasmine nodded... "Goodnight Niald, Rebecca. You were both great help today against Helena. See you two in the morning." She called cheerfully. She smiled at Varen... "We could show him the closest guest rooms....And we'll make sure there are plenty of blankets and pillows... Prince Rook, will you require anything else for the night?" She asked as Niald practically tugged Rebecca towards her own room. It made her happy, seeing such young love.. they were likely to last their entire lives together.

Rebecca grinned and said her own round of goodnights to everyone as she was promptly taken back to her own room. "Niald... you can sleep in here....if you want to. And of course I want to see Serena again.....She's been like another mother figure.... like Laurana has... " She smiled, sadly. "We'll bring her back..." She closed her eyes, concentrating on a vision... though several more visions were trying to take over her mind, she pushed those to the back for later on... and focused only on Serena... "She's almost completely recovered...has she always been such a fast self-healer?" she asked, curiously....

Oralie/Serena chuckled a bit as Aldin said she couldn't dislike anyone... "Well... the other fae were a bit hard to like in the village and where we used to live... but I do try my best to avoid them, and I am sure he will be a delight." She agreed, then flexed her broken arm a bit... It was still very stiff, sore and unusable... so that much hadn't been healed. Still she was grateful her head was okay again, and a lot of the gashes, bruises and cuts were almost completely gone! "I think I can eat.... I'm still forever grateful you saved my life Aldin... and I know many people would want to meet you and thank you as well. Can I help with anything?" She asked, feeling a lot better. She'd always be grateful for her friendship with Aldin.

Rook shook his head, "Nothing at all...just a place tor est for the night will be more than adequate." He followed Jasmine down a hallway to a room and bowed his head a bit, "Thank you Milady Jasmine. You have been most kind and hospitable. I shall see you in the morning I am quite sure. Have a pleasant night's sleep." He went into the room and looked at the bed longingly. It had been years since he'd felt the softness and warmth of a bed. He undressed and settled into the bed, pulling the covers up and over himself and smiled, "Heaven...sheer heaven...."

Naild tipped his head, "I can sleep on the floor in here...If you would not mind sparing a blanket..." He didn't want to do anything wrong, so he was trying to be polite and respectful. He almost wished, and not for the first time, that they had remained older when they came back so they could stay the way they had been when they traveled through the mirror. Waiting to grow up was a long process and now it seemed even longer to him. "I'm glad my mother has been able to help you. Sheena was horrible and now you know why...she wasn't your mother. Are you wondering about who your parents might really be?" he asked, "Are you worried about any of that?"

Chastianna tipped her head, "It's true you never knew them, but what if they had tried to find you? It's not as if you were taken next door...you weren't even in the same time as they were anymore...how horrible it must have been for them..." She frowned a bit. "I never knew either of my parents...it was so nice to feel my father for that moment when our cores joined..." Her words were soft and wistful, "I'm sure that sounds stupid..." She slid down a bit in the bed and laid her head on the pillow again, "What if you are a royal? What if you are needed there...would you go?" She asked as she failed at stifling a yawn, "Sorry...guess I was hungry but not done being tired..." Another bigger yawn, "Oghh....sorry...really I do want to talk...I ...really...do..." her eyes slid closed though.

Varen smiled as Jasmine led Rook to his room. He went to the armory to prepare the quarters there. There were a lot of small beds in the room, so he pushed them all together and made one large bed and then tied the frames together so they would stay put. He threw a lot of pillows and blankets on and waited for jasmine to return. He was tired, even though they hadn't done much. he felt emotionally and mentally tired, which was odd for him.

Aldin smiled, "Maybe...I mostly want to see for myself that you are safe. I will be happy and content to deliver you to that happy life. And thank you, but I had already finished everything before you woke up." He said as he pulled the side table closer. "Nothing fancy just eggs, ham and fruit. I'm sure you've had great food at a palace. I dined one time at a palace...it was so extravagant...almost wasteful really. I felt totally out of place." He'd been required to attend though because he'd unearthed a national treasure. "It will be nice to meet more people though..." He smiled then, "It was my pleasure to care for you. I assure you I got more than you did from the experience."

Jasmine was just happy to assist that day and nodded to prince Rook as he practically collapsed on the bed. "I'm just relieved things are turning out better. You enjoy your rest." She said, then closed his door softly, heading back to find Varen.. it wasn't difficult, she noticed the adjoined beds in one of the rooms and smiled, eager to sleep off the whole day. "You feeling alright, Varen?" she asked, nuzzling closer, though it must look odd ... two centaurs sleeping in beds.

Rebecca laughed a bit at Niald's question... wondering who her parents' were like..."Hm.. not really.. and the bed is big enough, I assure you... We won't do anything immoral just sleep. I know... I miss the adult world at times.. but we'll get there." She assured him, going behind her closet door to change into a pale blue night gown which went to her ankles, and un braided her hair so it fell to her waist in bright red waves. "My parents... won't mean anything to me... and probably not to Gavin either... I mean... he pretty much lived alone in that swamp his whole life... I lived with Sheena... so I don't know how meeting my real parents would make a bit of difference.. Who knows they might not even be alive..." She had to wonder though, as she climbed under the covers, ... what had her parents' dreams and goals been for her and her brother? Were they destined to rule the Golden Fae..? Bah! It didn't matter a bit... she had a good life here at the palace... and if it was full of crazy shenannigans most of the time, it was still far better than her previous life...especially because of Niald.

Gavin smiled at Chastianna's questions,..He tucked the blankets up to her shoulders as she grew more tired.. "I don't know... really... Would they need both of us? Or just one? I'm sure it was horrible at the time... but ... people move on..have other children.. I'm sure that's the case for them if they were alive... If they did look for us...it might be hard for them to find either Rebecca or myself... especially Rebecca--- Niald won't let just anyone talk to her- he's very protective. It's a good thing too... we both seem like trouble magnets..." He too felt exhaustion creep over him... and before too long he snuggled next to her on the big bed, soon out like a light.

Serena knew she hadn't always lived at the palace... in fact, she mostly just visited when she was needed. "Oh, the food's very good there... but Queen Laurana can create anything with her magic; almost effortlessly. She and Caden have the most amazing powers... I only seem able to know things about plants, herbs, and nature... For example.. I now know the exact ingredients you'd need to replenish the laudunum potion." She told him with a smile. "This looks fantastic by the way..." She added, glad for the eggs, ham, and fruit. "And I definitely loved how gentle you were the whole time.... I don't think I jarred my arm once, or felt too much pain..." She assured him. She would miss this house a bit though-- it was so beautiful and peaceful..... As for her life... was it safe again? Were any of those psycho people caught ? ? ? She wouldn't dwell on it.. she did have a husband to save! They wouldn't stop her again if they tried to come near her or Aldin.~

Varen nodded and climbed into bed with her after she was comfortable. "I hope the King gives us permission to go with the young ones tomorrow. I want to finish our mission." yes it was important for Morden's recovery, and would be good for young Naild to have his mother back, but his own conscience was heavy over what he perceived as a personal failure. He cuddled her close and kissed her temple, "Thank you for everything you do...your presence makes my life so much fuller." He closed his eyes and held her as he fell asleep, grateful for another chance to do so.

Naild looked at the bed and at her, "If you are sure..." He sat and pulled off his boots and socks, but left the rest of his clothing on since he had no other clothes to change into at the palace. "i don't know...I think it might depend on what happened to them? don't you think?" he asked as she changed. "I mean...I thought I knew my father but seeing him in that other timeline...changed my view of him a bit. I guess it's possible he wasn't like that here...but I don't really know." he'd not shared his utter disappointment with anyone, not even her, but seeing his father cower away from Sheena and letting the king be attacked had shattered the hero image he'd had of the man. "Maybe they tried to find you? I don't know...maybe wait and see...you might get a nice surprise...something to look forward to anyway." He sat on the bed then and leaned against the headboard, "I like learning new things...meeting new people...I really hope there are some golden fae left...and I hope they decide to come here and live as one big family instead of separate like they have in the past." He had this niggling feeling she was what Rook said, a royal heir to the golden throne and he didn't want her to leave. He knew one thing though, wherever she went he was going.

Chastianna nodded, "Can you imagine having someone steal your children? especially someone as horrible as Hannah or Helena?" she shuddered a bit at the very thought of it, "Things seem to have a way of working out well where Caden and Lauranna are involved...I think your and Rebecca's past will come to light and things will be as they should. I believe in you..."

Aldin lifted a brow, "oh do you now?" he asked and then snickered a bit, "Actually...I believe you do. It is a very helpful concoction...so if you can reproduce it I would be glad of it since I know it will help a lot of people." Powers...hmm...his mind wasn't sure how to process that comment. "Do you mean magic?" he asked hesitantly. As a scientist he wasn't much of a believer in magic or even religious things. He was a hard fact and show me kind of person who relied on hard work and intelligence to survive.

• Nice Execution!
Jasmine smiled, nuzzling Varen and understanding his sense of failure.... "Varen.. we didn't... you failed in nothing. Serena was located, placed into the best possible care at the time... and we... were ambushed too hard to look further...Even a hundred men couldn't have gotten us through that forest at that time... " She told him, holding his hands gently..

Rebecca gazed sleepily at Niald.... wondering.... what would she even know how to do if she was taken to the Golden Fae kingdom?? what could she restore....? She couldn't give anything useful to her people and she knew it.. Her eyes watered... "Niald...... I don't want to be a burden over in some new kingdom anymore than I am here...." She said it. What her soul felt most of the time... that she was a hinderance more than a helpful person... un-necessary...an expendable person to be sure. Being with Niald always helped her push aside those doubts and fears, but today it was harder.. more difficult than she'd realized. .She'd stood around most of the time, even after her core-magic or whatever- had activated... and so what? Her golden fae blood had helped with the amulets.... but she had only been able to stand by and watch through most of it... She didn't want to feel self-loathing or self-pity... she had dealt enough of that with her life with Sheena. But she wanted to learn more- about what she -could- do... The list of things she couldn't seemed vast and endless..~

Gavin smiled over at Chastianna.... then rubbed his eyes..."I don't know... I mean..... it'd be great to meet our real parents.. to figure out all that had happened in the past... and yet...." He sighed warily, too used to living alone to feel excited about family affairs..."I don't see why they would need us -just- now-... or if we'll ever get to meet them any way.. it's all... smoke and mirrors... deceptive.... I have trust issues, so of course the first thing I'd want to know before they took myself or Rebecca anywhere what would their plans be for us and how long would we live there? Aaand I'm going to guess Niald might have a hissy fit if he couldn't go too...." He laughed at that thought- the lad was seriously intense for his age!

Serena grinned at Aldin.... and listed promptly the names of every plant or mushroom he used in the Laudunum potion, right down to how long it was brewed! She tried to think of a way to explain magic to this scientist.. but then grinned and shrugged..."I cannot explain it... I didn't use to have any of it... but... star flowers that cure poison are also magic- granters/enhancers....Again you would have to see to believe it...It might be a bit of a shock at first...but stay around Lauranna and Caden or even Jasmine and Alna... you'll get used to it." She assured him.

Varen listened and while he could hardly dispute what she said it did little to soothe his pride. "I know...you speak the truth...forgive me if I do not like that it is true." No man like himself, who felt much of their worth come from their ability to battle through any situation would feel any different. "Hopefully we can rectify things tomorrow...for now let us rest and renew our will and strength." He cradled her close and allowed sleep to overtake him.

Naild shook his head, "Rebecca..." his hands cupped her face gently, "You are not a burden to anyone. You are always helping everyone, even when you get hurt in the process. You never think of yourself first. You have seen things about my mother that have eased my mind and kept me from running frantic. Your blood opened the amulets...and you gave it without a blink. No one can do everything, or be everything. I love you just the way you are...and so does everyone else here. There isn't any need to try and be something else...none of us would want you to..." He kissed her very softly then and rested his forehead on hers. He held her in his hands thusly for a long while hoping she'd realize he was serious and that she was everything to him.

Chastianna listened, and she heard what he was not saying too. So many horrible things had happened to both of them it seemed, and why all of a sudden would the goldens return, if indeed there even were any of them left to return. "I understand what you are saying...I never knew who my parents were and now that I do and they are dead it feels like a hollow victory. Still I am glad to know they were people of honor...I can only imagine how King Caden must feel hearing who his mother was...I wonder though...who was his father?" She shrugged and then looked back over at him, "Well...I dare say I would...well ok... I would never hissy fit in public but I would be having a major hissy fit within my mind if they decided to drag you away from here. It helps me having you here...I can't really explain why, but it does. Somehow I can tell you are supposed to be part of my life and I don't want to lose the first real friend I've ever had."

Aldin lifted a brow, "Well, seeing is believing...should i see evidence of magic my scientific mind would have to accept it. Please forgive me when i say, I will have to see it first. it's not that I don't believe you, but I have no frame of reference for it. I would be more than happy to meet your friends and watch them dazzle my mind." He grinned, "I will try and contact Mirq today and see if he can help find this palace. Sometimes he comes the same day. We have flags we fly to signal one another, though he has yet to fly mine." he leaned back and began to remove the bandage from her head and was shocked to see that it was completely healed. "I'm going to look at your arm now and see how that's healing...your head is completely healed. it's amazing!" He untied the sling and gently loosed it so he could unwrap the bandages from her arm. "Can you move your fingers?" he asked and nodded when she did so, "can you straighten it? If it hurts at all stop..."

Jasmine smiled a bit sadly, but was glad to cuddle closer.. "I too feel a sense of failure, Varen.... that my powers weren't enough to get us through that forest was an infuriating insult....But Helena wanted us all to feel as bad as possible--remember that, and don't let her win." She kissed his cheek gently, and soon fell asleep, curled up comfortably in his arms....

Niald made her smile... and she knew then he was right... she'd done her best. No one had criticized or condemned her for not being all-powerful... though she did certainly have more magic available to her than before and was grateful! "You're right..... and you know.. it is so hard to remember that we're not even adults yet... Honestly, those few hours... days? In that dress from the attic, I've had a difficult time remembering how young we really are....We're still learning. And .... I don't want to, or plan to go anywhere without you..." She vowed firmly. Her tears dried, and she was content to simply hold his hands, and keep her forehead pressed to his while they curled up together on the big bed. He was everything to her as well... tired... she felt exhausted... and maybe a bit lightheaded... it was easy that night for her to fall asleep...~

King Caden's father... that really -was- an interesting question! "Sadly, we might never find out who King Caden's father is... but I'm fairly certain he has too much going on with being a new father himself, to worry about that...." He smiled as she told him she liked being with him... no one had ever said that....He held her gently... "I feel the same, Chastianna... and if these Golden Fae do arrive...I hope they don't turn violent or try to kidnap either myself or Rebecca.. that could end badly... I like being with you too..." He assured her.

Serena grinned. "My head doesn't even so much as throb anymore... it does feel a relief not to have it ache... And flags are neat ways to communicate... never heard of those as signals... As for your scientist mind... Seeing is believing.." She said simply. Then he unwrapped her arm, carefully... She took a deep breath....and tried her best to flex out her arm...Only to cringe in agony as it flared intensely in warning, still not budging at all! She sighed... "We tried... I guess I will just have to travel like this. I am fairly confident their majesties can heal it when I get there though... and for this being the only real problem left, I'd say that was still a very fast healing process." She added, resting her still-unresponsive arm on the table. It burned fiercely from shoulder to finger tips! She'd been hopeful that would have healed as well.. but she knew- bones were always slowest in healing.~