Aldin followed everyone to the dining hall and waited to take a seat. He ended up next to Tamsin, but not by design. He filled a plate and ate heartily. It had been quite exhausting walking in the mud, though he'd not been willing to slow Mirq's pace to complain of it. The food was delicious and hot and welcome. "Thank you," he said to Varen and Jasmine, "this is wonderful." And then he noticed that they were centaurs and his jaw dropped.

Rook smiled, "Look...I see chocolate something on the table..." And he grabbed a dish of it and set it before her, "Eat up and feel better. Truly you look pale and ready to faint." Looking at her he gave it a bit of thought and grabbed a second dessert and set it before her, "Just in case one is not quite enough." His smile was endearing and genuine and added to his handsome feature. He had been gifted with a beautifully chiseled face, with artisticly perfect angles, blue eyes and raven black hair that had bluish highlights to it. Quite a striking man to look at, though he'd never understood how that mattered since his parentage always made people see him as evil and ugly inside.

Naild saw Rebecca dozing and carried her inside and sat with her on a comfortable lounger in the dining area watching everyone eat. His appetite was completely gone, and as he held her in his arms he thought about how everything he'd ever planned and dreamed was now gone. She would see this other life, and be what she was meant to be and he would be here alone. He wanted her to be all those things and she deserved to be happy, know her family and have the titles and position she was born to without being held back by him or anyone else. His love was pure and true and selfless, but he was going to enjoy the time he had before she left and soak up many memories as he could.

Alna heard him but his words were muffled and distant. She felt like she was trapped inside a vision and it was holding her away from everything and everyone. "Maybe I do..." she agreed. "I don't know if I'm strong enough at the moment to walk home...but can we just go to our room here??" She didn't want to say why, but they needed to be at the Palace tonight and tomorrow.

Chastianna grinned, "I will have to find some glue and make it permanent." she quipped impishly. Only after she'd said it did the full import of what she'd said hit her. permanent. She'd said that out loud...to him...out loud. Oh good gracious, what an idiot. She grabbed a glass and swallowed most of it down trying to cover her error, and then pretended she hadn't spoken, at least to herself. The food was fabulous and she enjoyed it, "Varen youa re a cooking genius...honestly you are."

Varen smiled and bowed his head, "My thanks Princess. I am pleased you enjoy it." She had no idea how her words wounded his warrior soul, because he smiled and was extremely gracious.

Morden groaned a bit as she helped him sit up. he was stiff and sore from lying motionless for so long. He smelled the food, "Water first...please..." He felt like his throat was a desert. he drank down the water and felt much better. He watched her and lifted his hand to her cheek, "I would not have blamed you for not returning...I did not protect you...I am so sorry my Love...so sorry."

• Creative
Reactions: Maggie
Laurana smiled at Aldin's shocked expression of the centaurs. "They are very helpful and have been here long before we moved into the Glen. They've trained a lot of new guards for the palace security, and have performed dangerous missions quite remarkably. The male is Varen, and the woman is Jasmine." She introduced.

Claire smiled at Rook's thoughtfulness, and she gladly devoured both deserts, finishing them off with a glass of orange juice, she immediately noticed her body settling down, her heart rate and breathing rates turning back to normal again. "Thank you, Prince Rook- you've been very kind... I feel better already." She added, also lathering up the biscuits with honey ... and peanut butter! Yep, this was definitely helping greatly.~

Rebecca didn't feel herself lifted or carried, though she certainly was a bit lighter than usual.... She stirred a bit in Niald's arms, finally coming out of a dream... "Niald... ... I said that I wanted to go with them yes... but they're bringing me back in a month...they agreed... Please don't think I'm ever going to forget you or my life here..." She said, sitting up and looking at his worried, sad eyes... He believed he was holding her back....he couldn't be more wrong... she'd always held herself back... with uncertainty and stupid self-doubts......

Nathan nodded, "Of course, love..." With that, he gallantly carried Alna upstairs to their own room in the palace, unnoticed by any of the others in the dining room... though he was glad to hear laughter and peaceful chatter in place of the violence from earlier that day. He tucked Alna into their big, king sized bed, and sat with her, keeping her comfortable.

Gavin let out a low chuckle at Chastianna's comment, shaking his head at her, and then looked around the room... It seemed Prince Rook was definitely getting comfortable with Claire- Aldin was next to Tamsin but definitely talking more to Laurana than the other gal. He turned to King Jorga, his curiosity at its highest... "I'm sorry to interrupt... but... may I ask what would await myself and my sister if we were to go back to your lands?" He asked... he'd always longed for a family.... some people... any people kinder than Sheena would have been welcomed... hell he'd have loved it if King Caden and Queen Laurana had been his real family... but since these Golden Fae were the ones he'd been born to... he knew he really needed to get to know them before making any rational or irrational decisions.... And he'd never heard of the Golden Lands before.....

Serena's own tears stilled for a moment as she helped him drink more water until his throat was less sore.... She kept him comfortable, letting him rest against her... "No... sweetheart... it was my own decision to not tell you what the villagers were doing to me .....even before Helena's magic got to them... " She assured him, stroking his hair. "Believe me,... you have nothing to apologize for.. they've hated me since Robert died...." She told him more then... but carefully,... not certain he was fully strong enough just then to take all of her traumatic history with these... other fae noble-men/women... She stared down at the bed.... ashamed... "When Robert died.... they all seemed.. uniformally delighted that I was now alone... to raise Niald by myself--- I didn't ever consider that a burden... but when we connected... they turned sour... more than ever, they pointed at me and called me the worst whore-fae they'd ever known... " She dropped her gaze..... her eyes clouded with dark memories... "It was in the forest that everything unleashed... and I really... don't think it was only Helena's magic influencing them... It was years of pent up jealousy...hatred... and downright desire to see me fall.... I was so stupid.... to put myself in so much danger, alone. . . they'd even warned me what would happen if I was by myself again... that day I went to the market... that one tall man.... he bumped into me aggressively... ..." He'd attempted to cop a feel on her that morning too, but no way was Serena mentioning that! "He said I should just end my own life... He told me they would hunt me down and destroy me... I was an impurity among their kind .... Immoral fae weren't welcome anymore. So... in the forest when they kicked, hit, broke my arm and gave me a concussion..... They left me in the hole to die... Only Aldin was brave enough to retrieve me and help me back to health.. though he did say I healed at an abnormally fast rate..." She stopped then.... "And so now you know-- you can't blame yourself for other people's terrible reactions... I'd never forgive myself if you kept blaming yourself for what happened to me... It's truly just another day in my regular life regarding interacting with people.." She added, squeasing his hand gently. She felt a little better having gotten that all off her chest..

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: PoetLore
Aldin noded to the two and tried not to stare but it was incredibly hard. he'd always thought Centaurs were mythical, or in other words 'pretend' creatures that someone made up in a drunken haze. However, having them moving around and talking right in front of him kind of refuted that notion. "I am very pleased to meet you both. Dinner was wonderful, thank you." He had SO many question, and he wasn't sure most of them were appropriate, so he just watched everything and everyone. He did say to Lauranna though, "Oralie told me there was magic here, but I am a scientist and could not just accept that without seeing....now though that I've seen...I"m not sure what to think about it."

Rook noticed that she seemed steadier, that her hands weren't shaking and that her color seemed less pale and he was relieved. "I did nothing but hand you some chocolate mousse, but I am very glad you are feeling better. since my magic is meant to be a bolster to others I have never felt depletion like you but I have had a few times when my mother abused my abilities and a great deal of pain was involved in that. I'm not sure which would be more preferable...especially given that your weakness is cured by chocolate..." he grinned at her and buttered a biscuit for himself then.

Naild smiled at her, "They did agree." Yes, they had, but would she wish to return after being there? She didn't have any idea. Maybe she would be needed greatly there. Maybe there were no seers there, no one with her specific powers and he knew that would make her hesitate to leave them. He knew above all Rebecca wanted to feel needed and necessary, and if she got there and was all those things, why would she return? He didn't believe for a second that he was enticement enough to leave family and purpose. But he smiled a brave smile and held her close, "You looked so tired, but are you hungry? There's food made..."

Alna rested against his chest as he carried her. The vision pressing in on her from all side made her feel breathless and trapped, but she felt his heartbeat and focused on that instead of the things she didn't know. He laid her on the bed so tenderly and she cuddled up to him when he sat down. "I don't like what I'm feeling." she admitted, "I am only seeing in part...that can mean only one thing...that some of what is about to happen concerns me directly." her eyes lifted to look at his face, "Caden is going to hear things today...before this night is done...Things that are going to shake his belief in everything he knows and people he has trusted...and the Glen...why has the Glen welcomed a human?Things are changing..."

Chastianna winked at Gavin and returned to her food when she heard his question to King Jorga. She didn't want him to be curious but she couldn't blame him for it either. Would she want to go if she were in his place? She had no idea. But she was already with her family, even though Hannah and Helena had stolen her twin sister from her and made it so they were different ages now due to time travel and alternate universes. She suddenly felt selfish to ask him to stay here instead of learning about his family, but could she really let him go? She didn't know...all she did know was he felt like he belonged in her life and she wasn't ready to lose that.

Jorga looked at the boy, "Malthen Ana is a beautiful place. There are waterfalls and part of our city is entirely beneath the water. I believe this is why the sisters were not able to utterly destroy us. We had that area to retreat from their attacks that was secret." He tipped his head then, "You did not seem willing to leave, have you changed your mind?" He could see the dark princess trying not to peek over but listening intently and he stifled the grin that threatened to curls his lips, "You are welcome any time, and there would be no burdens placed upon you. You and your sister are the children of the king's brother and royal by right, but as you can see I have children that will inherit the throne..."

Tamsin heard her father and lifted a brow, "You have a daughter...I cannot inherit it. That is not our way." she wasn't bitter about it, in fact she was a bit relieved. She didn't want the throne or the responsibility that went with it. She was a bit too hot headed and carried grudges too long to be a good ruler and she knew it. "So it could be Gavin might inherit it..."

Jorga flashed a look at Tamsin, "I am not dead girl...I have time to marry and have more children..."

Tamsin smirked, "Crotchety old king seeks gullible female for siring heirs and taking abuse from commoners...apply in person please..."

Jorga rolled his eyes and looked at Gavin then, "I would never place such a burden upon you. I would break tradition and give the throne to Tamsin if that came to be the case."

Tamsin blanched, "Wait what? Oh no...not me..." She leaned forward and looked Gavin straight in the face, "I will drag your to malthen Ana in chains before I took the throne..."

Morden listened and frowned, "I believe that was what Rebecca and Alna were seeing...Helena's magic only magnified the hatred that was already there...it did not create it. I am sorry they were unkind to you. Do you think you can identify them? Caden and Lauranna want to bring them to justice. We cannot build our new world on such a foundation. They were very upset that the people did such a horrible thing to you and do not want to see it happen to anyone else. I think Alna and Rebecca have seen a few of them...but can you identify them?" He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her hair, "I can't believe I am holding you...I love you Serena...more than you know..."

Lauranna smiled and motioned Jasmine over... the centaur obliged, still relaxed that things had calmed down... if only for now! She knew trouble could be right around the corner...and seeing Claire's storm magic... well.. that definitely would be bringing up bad dreams later that night, but she shoved those thoughts in the back of her mind.. "Yes, Queen Laurana?" Jasmine asked, discreetly adding more biscuits to the queen's plate, because, pregnant women definitely needed more food. She added fruit too, knowing Lauranna loved strawberries and blue berries. "Thank you- Aldin just was admiring both you and Varen. On Earth you see, there's no magic there... he's having a harder time adapting to everything he's witnessing... could you produce a small sample?" she asked very politely. Jasmine nodded. "Of course... Aldin.. At least here we're free to access our magical cores...." She then demonstrated elemental control: A tiny water fall appeared in the palm of her hand... then a ball of fire, a small tornado, and last a tiny rose bloomed. "If you have any questions... heck even Claire over here could help... She's got massive skills..." She grinned, then turned back to helping Varen. She'd eaten plenty, having had biscuits and jelly earlier. Laurana did a small demonstration herself, healing any cuts or scars on Aldin's body with just a simple touch on his arm! "There... Magic... I suppose it is just natural on this planet.... more so than Earth... where science and logic may rule.. and .....I'm not certain how else to explain it..." She said, thoughtfully.. "More at ease yet?" She asked hopefully.

"Malthen Ana sounds very beautiful and well protected," Gavin agreed pleasantly, squeasing Chastianna's hand gently. He didn't want her to worry... he'd be able to take her along which assured him further as well. He grinned a bit at Tamsin and Jorga's banter. It sounded to him Tamsin was definitely not eager to take any such throne... neither was he really, he wouldn't have the foggiest clue how to run such a meticulous place!

Claire smiled at Rook, definitely feeling back to normal! "Chocolate has I suppose, been my go-to energy since I was little. . . I've always had this energy- restoring default issue.. but I'm also very glad it's an easy to fix remedy. Usually I carry supplies with me.. but I sort of fell behind... and well.. left my back at the palace.. I know stupid thing to do..." She said, before anyone else might berate her for carelessness! "I am sorry things ended so badly with your mother, and the other sisters, Prince Rook... I am mightily relieved this is behind us though.....what are your plans now that you're free?" She added. She had been very lucky most of her life .... well.. except the incident that caused her to have her powers... other than that though, she was glad they helped out still.

Rebecca rubbed tired eyes and looked at her grass stained dress.... "First I'll need to shower, and change... and then.. yes... the dinner smells delicious....... Niald... ..I wish you were able to come with me.... I'd feel so much better about any decision I made.. I'm not rushing into anything... I just can't help feel.... I want to apologize to my mom.. .even though she isn't here... for my feelings earlier... No mother should have an ungrateful, uncurious child... I think I was just still so numb from my life with Sheena..and don't think I would be so greatly needed I'd stay there forever.. I mean... really after seeing that massive power-display... I doubt highly, that my skills would impress even a commoner over there." She added, rebuking the idea she'd be needed anywhere quite firmly..! She stood up then, a little fatigued and stiff, but able to move. "I'll go change and shower now-- I'll be fast." She hugged him tightly.... then hurried upstairs to her room for a fast shower, then a change of a rose colored blouse with white pants and sandals. A little casual, but with a quick brush out of her hair and a hasty pony tail, she was able to go with Niald to breakfast.. On the way she whispered.. "Do you need to check on your mom and Morden...? " She would go with him if he wanted to do that first...~

Serena's eyes blanked for a moment as Morden asked her who'd been responsible for her terrible attack..."Ganna... her husband Thom... Lillian, Davis.... All the regular tormentors... " Which roughly translated into The entire village that had dwelled inside the cave then moved into the glenn... "There were so many Morden... when they started gaining in numbers.. their.. faces... they kind of blurred..." She burrowed her face in her hands.. "I'm sorry--- it was everyone.... " Was all she could say....

Last edited:
Aldin watched with awe and wonder as the centaur woman created elemental changes without much effort at all. Her very existence was making his scientific mind reel, but all this conguring was more than he was able to absorb at one time. "Thank you...both of you. I am sure with a bit of time my mind will be able to accept what I am seeing...at the moment I feel as if I am dreaming and need to waken." he offered a gentle smile to the queen, "Please do not worry about me overmuch. I will adapt, I always do." He glanced at Jasmine and Varen again and shook his head, "It's funny to me how my mind easily accepted Mirq but reels at the sight of the centaurs."

Chastianna had to admit it sounded beautiful, and she could tell from how they arrived here it was populated with many people who were all formed into a society that was fully functional. Here they were building from scratch with few numbers but willing hearts. She felt Gavin's squeeze to her hand and returned the silently given affection. How quickly he'd become an important part of her life was a bit astounding to her. Maybe it was the perils of the dark swamp and the experiences there that they'd shared? No one else here aside from Rook understood what it was to live there, to fight to exist there. It linked the two of them together in a way that she felt could not be filled by anyone else.

Jorga nodded, "It is quite beautiful and we have worked hard to keep it hidden from the sisters all this time. had they known we were not all dead, they would have come to finish the job." He looked around at how few of the white and dark fae remained and he knew they ahd made the right decision.

Tamsin was still looking at Gavin, "I'm not kidding cousin...you not me...never me."

Rook grinned, "Not stupid. Sometimes urgency requires haste that does not allow for thorough planning. And please...do not apologize for their demise. Their own evil created their ultimate end, and though I feel both of them were granted far more mercy in death than they deserved, I am glad to see the end of their lives finally come." He closed his eyes and drew in a slow breath before looking back at her, "I know that sounds horrible coming from a son about his own mother, but there was never a time I thought of her as a mother. She was always my oppressor or tormentor, never kind or caring." He glanced over at Caden and Lauranna, "They will be very good parents, worthy of the titles mother and father...."

Caden was eating and listening to everyone. He had questions, but he wanted to wait and ask them in private. For some reason, he felt a sense of foreboding about some of the things Jorga had said and it was niggling at the back of his mind. However no one would have guessed as much, as he would cheerfully enter into the conversation when addressed, and comment on others' conversations as well.

Naild sighed a bit, "I wish I could go as well, but I cannot leave my mother just now. She has been through so much, and she will have to face all those accusers...I cannot abandon her." He gave her hands a squeeze, "But, you will make the right choices. You are wise, kind and thoughtful. I believe in you...and you should too. You need to find your true past and your true worth. This is what you are meant to be." He smiled and kissed her cheek. "I'll be right here when you get back." he said as she ran up the stairs. His heart broke a little, but he felt a tiny glimmer of hope still burning there, and he knew...it would ALWAYS burn there where she was concerned. She returned quickly as she promised and he shook his head, "No...I think they need time alone...and when they are ready they will come and find us. I'm starving...we haven't eaten since breakfast...where did this day go?"

Morden held her and leaned back to brush the tears from her eyes, "That's enough...do not dwell on them any longer." He moved to stand and swayed a bit before reaching for the headboard of the bed to steady himself. "Should have stood up a bit slower...I am fine now. We need to find Caden...it will be best to handle this swiftly...first thing in the morning if possible." he reached for her hand, "No one will ever mistreat you again..." That fire and purpose was back in his eyes, "Also, I want to meet this man who saved your life so I can thank him."

Jasmine smiled at Aldin again. As everyone enjoyed the delicious dinner and desert, she could not help the sense of unease growing inside her... oh grow up Jasmine! She scolded herself... so what Claire has storm magic... and that other man... the one who killed your family did too... that was in the past- keep it there you weakling! She was certainly berating herself over her reactions to Claire's magic, but discussed her past with no one... believing them all safer that way.. Besides.. it was entirely unlikely she'd see that horrible man again.~

Gavin impishly grinned at Tamsin, then stuck his tongue out at her in a most immature fashion! "Pff.. then it would indeed be your fault for setting an innocent boy and girl who know nothing of your ways, customs, or laws on a throne they'd never even seen.I wouldn't know the first thing about ruling... I'm just a swamp monster." He cackled. He felt close to Chastianna as well, and relieved she still liked him.. not many had in his past.~

Rebecca came downstairs, looking much more refreshed...and she smiled at Niald.. "You're right- of course they need time... " She agreed. "I think I napped the entire day away....Hm... I might not sleep tonight then." She said, then turned serious.. "I hope we find all of the guilty people and end their ability to hurt anyone else ever again...I still have difficulty wrapping my mind around such cruelty... even with Helena's influence..." she said as they walked into the kitchen and found empty seats near Laurana and Caden. Laurana hugged her and Niald both. "Rebecca, Niald, why don't you both take a plate? Dinner is delicious." She encouraged. Rebecca thanked Jasmine and Varen as she got her plate back to her seat, and managed a small smile at King Jorga... "I apologize for my abrupt departure... it takes me a moment to think things over.." She told him, looking at the golden fae.~

Nathan helped Alna relax a few more moments, wanting her to rest first! But eventually, the hour got later, and he knew she wouldn't want to put things off any longer... whatever she needed to do, he would help her...

Serena was greatly worried about Morden's strength as he tried to leave so soon! "Morden- wait... please.. Are you sure you're strong enough? You've only just woken out of a coma...I'm worried you may faint." She told him, attempting to stop him from leaving... She knew he was furious with all the villagers... but she didn't want him to have another relapse! She smiled at him thanking Aldin though.. "Aldin's a great guy... I hope he finds a girlfriend....or happiness wherever he can get it... I just want to know you're okay before we go downstairs..." She said, standing at his side, ready to support him if he needed it.

Varen was serving and eating sparingly. He was actively chatting as he served, trying to keep the mood light and his demeanor happy, but inside he was feeling like an utter failure as a man.

Tamsin backed away from the immature and childish tongue gesture and wagged a finger at him, "not me...him!" she said pointing at her father, "He needs to live at least another two hundred years and produce a proper offspring...thus releasing both of us from our perilous future on the throne." She began looking around the room, "So...who among you is single? We need to get this in the works as soon as possible."

Chastianna watched the two and started giggling at them, "You two act like brother and sister not cousins..." And when Tamsin asked who was single she burst out in helpless peals of laughter. "Oh no...do not...do that...." she could hardly talk for her laughing. Poor Jorga, no one should have their children pushing women at them, goodness gracious.

Varen smiled at the two, and filled their plates with large pieces of the roast and a ladle full of the roasted vegetables as well.

Jorga watched the girl return, "No need to apologize Rebecca. You've had a lot to take in for one day. It was good of Chastianna to suggest we stay a bit and give everyone a chance to learn and grow accustomed to one another." he looked at Tamsin then, "girl...stop now. I will find my own wife thank you very much."

Tamsin lifted a brow, "oh yeah? When?"

Jorga huffed, "When I find her...that's when."

Morden nodded, "I am fine..." he lied. He felt weak and physically frail but he also knew how to bolster his strength magically. He pulled on his magical core and welled it up inside himself and then let it fill him. "I will not faint ...I promise you." He took her hand and she'd be surprised at the strength it had when he pulled her hand through his arm and led her to the door. They made their way to the dining room, following the sounds of laughter, conversation and the aroma of excellent food.

Caden looked up and blinked, "morden!" as he rushed over to hug the man he'd always thought of as his father. I was so afraid you were not coming back.

Jorga looked up at the name and locked his gaze with the man in question.

Morden hugged Caden and then saw Jorga, "So...you finally show your cowardly face again? Now that the battles are over and there is nothing to lose?"

Lauranna healed Morden as best as she could, from any leftover damages caused by the coma, and giving his body its strength back. She smiled at the banter around the table, that is until Morden blurted out such a statement!

Serena hadn't gotten far down the steps to the dining room when Rebecca saw her, as did Laurana and the others, but it was Rebecca who hugged Serena first, so glad to see her in one piece! "I'm glad that you were brought back safely... Will you be alright?" She asked.. Serena smiled... And hugged her and Niald both. "Yes, don't worry about me... my memories are back and all my wounds are gone... Aldin was an amazing man for taking care of me so well." She added, thanking Jasmine for bringing her a plate of delicious roast. Things looked almost normal, save for how many golden fae there were seated with them! She'd still no idea that she and Niald were also Golden.. because that wouldn't make any sense to her. She smiled once more at Aldin as he sat down, then looked at Morden as he finished scolding King Jorga... "Morden... please.. they are not our enemies.." She said, putting a soothing hand on his arm....

Gavin was laughing with Chastiana.. Jeez Tamsin sure taunted King Jorga quite a bit! It almost felt like the girl was provoking the king in any way she possibly could! At least they had a good sense of humor among them...~

Even Claire noticed the downright hostile statement from this new man.. Morden? When he descended the stairs, looking well rested, if not a bit shaky in movements.. "Thanks Rook... and yes... I will definitely remember supplies next time I am out- but for now, everything here has restored my energy 100% ... But I won't be using it at all until it's needed." She added, discreetly covering up her rather scarred looking arms. Unfortunately the black lightning and other times, gold lightning, required an impressive amount of blood. So it was only for combat or a difficult enemy.

Niald's words made Rebecca smile at how thoughtful he was... and how... how silly.. Her. needed. please. That was so far from true she bet that after being around her long enough and seeing how boring her magic was, well, they'd probably be fine leaving without her and Gavin.... but as she'd noted upon entrance, Gavin had been asking questions about the Golden City.... was he interested in going? she'd no idea... and now Morden was up, starting fights with King Jorga. ... what was that about ? Adults were strange!

Nathan helped Alna walk to the dining table, and though he wasn't too hungry, he accepted a plate, graciously and took Alna to the least crowded portion of the table, greeting the golden fae as he saw them sitting more or less peacefully together at the table.. He had hoped such a peace could be obtained..~

Jasmine felt a bit exhausted, from so much cooking and everything. She sensed Varen's ....sadness as well, and she nudged him lightly... "Think it's time for us to escape and let the fae work things out?" She asked him discreetly as they were washing empty plates from breakfast -and- dinner as time progressed..she truly wanted alone time with Varen...she wouldn't leave yet though, if he felt the need to stay... also Alna had arrived, so most likely she'd want to hear the words of their seer as well....

Last edited:
Jorga fought the urge to stand and defend his honor against that statement but one thing he had learned in his short time being here, was that he didn't know the whole story, and that they likely didn't either. "Morden...same outspoken man I remember. I could cast some accusations your way as well, but I will refrain. Perhaps it is time for the royals to retire and have a bit of a hear to heart about what really has been happening."

Morden narrowed his brows and looked at the man, "I cannot say you are the same man I remember...were you I would be flat on the ground by now...or you would have at least attempted it."

Jorga shrugged, "I am King now, I have a reputation to uphold."

Caden watched the two and couldn't decide if they were enemies or friends. "We can go to the Armory to talk if you'd like."

Morden nodded and kissed Serena tenderly, "I will not be long." He looked for the face he knew would be a stranger to him and made a beeline for Aldin, "Thank you for all you have done for my wife. I am deeply in your debt." He extended his hand and waited to see if the other man would take it. He'd understand if he refused. Things were very different here from earth and he was probably afraid of all of them.

Alna watched Morden enter and felt relief wash over her. Nathan would have been so lost without his brother, especially as his memories began to fully return. "I will stay here with the others, but if you need me just send for me..." Those men had a lot to hash out, and she didn't want to hear most of it.

Naild hugged his mother and kissed her cheek, "i was so worried...we were about to make our way to you when the Golden fae arrived and rebecca saw that you were on your way here with Mirq.

Caden, Morden, Nathan, And Jorga left the group and went to the armory. There were other royals there but these were the ones that chose to leave the group for a few moments. Once they were away from the others, Jorga wrapped an arm around Morden's shoulders and hugged him like a long lost brother. "It is good to see you! I thought you were dead...Helena said as much when she attacked. Very glad to see she was wrong."

Morden hugged him back with a huge smile on his face, "And we were told all of you were dead...apparently she wanted to keep us all separate."

"So it would seem...but she is a pile of ashes now, thankfully."

"She is? damn...I missed it."

Caden frowned, "Sorry about that, but I couldn't take the chance of her hurting anyone else." He motioned for everyone to sit and looked around the group, "So...if I may begin...I have a few questions. So it seems my mother was Hannah...and you mentioned my father...you know who he is?"

Morden sat and held out his hand to Jorga, "It is my place to tell him." He looked back at the young fae and drew in a breath, "All these years I have protected you and taught you as my own son, Caden. I devised that story about finding you in the forest, because I did not want anyone to know who you really are. After the bloodbath the sisters inflicted upon us, I did not believe anyone would have allowed you to live. Your mother was as you've said, Hannah. Hannah and Helena were Lars' sisters but only through marriage not blood. They came from another clan of fae that had been destroyed, or so their mother had claimed when she'd met Lars' father. He'd given them sanctuary and soon the two wed. The girls had been very young at the time, but they were cruel and rebellious. The clan they had come from was the only clan that had access to the black arts magic, such as necromancy and blood bane. Lars' father wisely destroyed the magical essence that allowed Necromancy, but the other magic he felt was not as dangerous."

Jorga huffed, "He was so blind..."

Morden nodded, "Blinded by love...as was his wife. She had not the same evil temperament of her daughters but she was blind to their cruelty and evil ways. Hannah and Helena both had secrets about their clan though, that they kept from their mother. The clan had no been utterly destroyed as supposed, but there were a handful of powerful magic users still remaining. When they were of age, both girls sought out those of their former clan, believe those their mother chose to be weak minded and soft. When they returned to the clan Hannah was immediately recognized as the stronger of the two and the newly self-appointed king claimed her....for a short time."

Caden frowned, "A short time?"

"Once it was discovered that she was with child he attempted to kill her, because he had no desire to fight for his throne with anyone, least of all a child of his loins. So the sisters fled...Helena hadn't known she was pregnant as well from a one time encounter with a 'handsome rogue' as I heard him referred to." They hid themselves with the king and their mother, but something about how your father had cast her aside Caden, drove Hannah to madness. she began to have darker and darker thoughts, and decided then to kill all the fae, and for her and Helena to start anew with only the two of them and their children. Lars became king when Hannah killed her mother and the king. Hannah at that time had believed Lars to be worthy of living, though he knew nothing of her ultimate plans. Most of the rest you know...Your father however...was sacrificed by Hannah to gain more power. His name was Jebanel. When Hannah came here with Helena to kill everyone, you were a tiny baby, less than half a year old I would say. I stole you from her, thinking to sway her from her intentions of killing Lars and Aura, but she looked me right in the eyes and said, kill him them...and turned from me and slayed Lars while Helena who was still very pregnant killed Aura. They each had an amulet and I watched the magic flow from the royals and into the sisters and then both were brutally slain. I know I should have told you all of this sooner...honestly..I was hoping you would never have to know."

Jorga listened and frowned, "They were BOTH here...at the same time?" He asked rubbing his beard, "but...how is that possible? how were they able to attack both of our kingdoms?"

Morden made a sad face, "They were abusing time magic...they created alternate timelines and stranded people in them...but it allowed them both to be in more than one place at a time...or seem to be..."

Jorga bristled, "Time magic?" hissing in a breath, "They must have been mad....such things are not done..."

Morden sighed, "I have been forced to use it...it's how I protected Lauranna and Chastianna and how I trapped Helena for so long."

Jorga gasped, "Morden...such magic is very dangerous."

"I know...but what choice was there? Had they known that Aura was pregnant with twins they would never have stopped looking for them..."

Caden looked at Morden, "So what you are telling me then is....that both of my parents were evil. One was insane and the other power mad."

Jorga grabbed hold of Caden's arm, "None of us are what we came from son. We are what me make of ourselves. You have made a good life and earned the love of a good woman. That speaks of you far louder than who your parents are to me."

Caden covered his hand, "Not when you first laid eyes on me it didn't." He stood then and excused himself, "I need some time alone...forgive me..."

Alna saw Caden trying to speak past everyone and alerted Lauranna, "Follow him..."

Laurana felt absolutely heart broken as everyone heard the tale of Caden's true parents.... She nodded to Alna, rose, excused herself, gently placing a hand on Jorga's shoulder, hugged Morden, and left to follow Caden. She had no words, but she didn't want him to be completely alone- thinking terrible things about himself... things that weren't true- that he was an evil person because of his heritage... "Caden...." She said once, staring into his haunted eyes, but making no moves to crowd him.. .. "You know I love you. Our son loves you- everyone here loves you. Please, never think any less of yourself for who you were born to. Promise me, you'll not think that way... That you inherited anything from your parents but maybe their magic and perhaps appearance. You are -my beloved-.. I'll never think anything less." She told him, her heart breaking at the thoughts that must be going through his mind right then.~

Yikes... talk about an overload of new information! Claire was listening, fascinated, and decided to take a load off the centaurs shoulders by discreetly helping them wash dishes while everyone else either left the royals alone, or sat and discussed things on their own . She didn't mind being busy just then, having been replenished with all the delicious meals they'd made. "Thank you guys so much- all the food was really wonderful, it's not fair for you to have to cook -and- clean though. I'll take over clean up duty.. you two look exhausted... if you want to, you can just hang out here or head to your sleeping quarters." Claire told Jasmine and Varen. Jasmine thanked her kindly, she -was- a bit tired. "It's been wonderful meeting you all... and there's lots to process for everyone... especially poor King Caden... I look forward to what we get to learn tomorrow.." She added, drying one more dish before she started to head outside as well, but not in the direction of Laurana and Caden! No.. she'd just been cooped up all day and didn't mind a bit of fresh air, though she did say she was very happy to have Serena back! "I hope you do stay close to home,... we'll still have to find these god awful people and deal with them in the morning..... Are you staying here or going back to your place?" Jasmine asked. Serena smiled, shaking her head. "No.. I don't want Morden walking far at all right now.. .Seeing him in that coma...." She shivered. "Life.. no matter what the time line... can just be harsh and unfair.... But I am so thankful there are still really good people out there." She added, meaning everyone - but especially Mirq and Aldin.~ Jasmine agreed. "Definitely. Alright then. I'm off for a brief canter, need to stretch my legs a bit.. .and then I think I will turn in early.. Varen... any plans? Are you wanting to stay?" She asked him, curiously.

Nathan watched in fascination and some worry as Laurana walked out to seek Caden... "Alna.... think she'll calm him down? I remember the last, recent time he was a volcano of erupting rage..." He added, sipping a glass of tea.

Rebecca shifted uncomfortably at the mentioning of messing with time lines! "Niald.. isn't that what we did too? With the gown and the armor?" She whispered to him, hoping they hadn't caused any lapses or freakish parallel merging with their actions in the attic. ... she had a lot of things to contemplate... about the past merging into the future... if they could both go back into the past and eradicate Helena and the sisters earlier..... would that have spared more pain in this time line or would worse things happen anyway??.

Gavin nudged Chastianna... Nudgeee... "We should definitely get some sleep, princess... the family has a looot of things to talk about and we'd just be in the way..." He said softly. He smiled at the other golden fae... "Well it was a delight to meet all of you... We'll catch up on things in the morning...Night all, night sis, Niald.. glad you're back Serena." He said sincerely, grateful at least the night had won out some happy endings.....

Serena thanked Gavin and bid Chastianna good night as well.. She was definitely feeling tired, but she waited for Morden to work things out with Jorga, sipping her tea and just enjoying being back at the palace. She'd forgotten how pretty the silver ceilings and different gemstone rooms had been. She had eaten plenty, and now really just wanted to talk to Alna... "Alna.. what is blood bane..? Is it even around anymore?" She certainly hoped not.. and that necromancy was no longer used either... such a sad, disturbing tale...

Caden knew she'd come though he wasn't sure he wanted her to see him when his mind was so troubled. her words were honest, he knew that. "I know you love me Lauranna...you never give me reason to doubt that." he lowered his head then and looked at the ground between his feet. "I'm afraid of myself now. What if..." The possibilities of what he could be capable of because of his his parents terrified him. He looked up at her, "You must promise me...if I ever show signs of turning evil that you make sure I am killed before I can hurt anyone..."

Rook watched as Lauranna left to follow Caden. What could they possibly have said to him that would cause the man, who seemed so unflappable to leave them and go off alone? He excused himself and found the armory. he stepped inside and coughed a bit, "Forgive my intrusion...but...I saw my cousin leaving alone...I may regret this, but I ahve never known anything about my father, and very little about my mother. Maybe knowing will help me close this book and move forward."

Morden motioned for the young man to join them, "I should have had you come as well. I wish I had been able to spare you the life you've had with your mother, as I did Caden."

Rook nodded, "As do I, but what is done is done."

Morden then related the same tale and added the details that pertained to rook. "Your father had no idea that your mother carried his child. Hannah and Helena didn't know either. But once your mother realized that she was indeed with child, she went back secretly and told him. He was overjoyed but feared the king, who was looking for both women. So he sent her back and the two corresponded and met secretly whenever they could and he intended to marry her. The day he was set to ask her, Hannah appeared instead of your mother and told him that Helena had changed her mind and could not ever see him again. He left the meeting broken hearted. When your mother appeared, Hannah was there weeping saying that your father had attempted to rape her and had run off into the forest. Your mother was devastated and completely fooled by Hannah's lies. Hannah needed your mother to complete her plans, and marrying would have taken Hannah's control of her away. That day changed your mother completely. She'd been cruel and thoughtless before this but afterward she was fueled by bitterness and hatred of everyone and everything. Your father's name was Imza and no one knows what became of him. I have these accounts from King Lars and from Hannah's journals which were discovered some time after her death by sprites." He didn't mention the ridiculous price he'd paid to obtain them but that was of little importance now. "I think you must have a lot of your father in you, since it seems he was an honorable man who loved deeply."

Rook listened and felt a huge weight lift from his shoulders, "I can hope you are correct sir. But truly, I think my life is my own choice. I choose to use my magic and gifts to help people and hopefully alter the stigma of my mother's name to such an extent that someone may take a chance and love me in spite of it." He rose then and bowed to them, "thank you..." and then he left and returned to the kitchen. he'd intended to help, "oh I see I have waited too long...forgive me...Is there anything left to do?"

Alna was called in to where the men were and she looked at them. "So now he knows all." she said looking at Morden who nodded yes. "I wish it had no been necessary...he is fearful now." She frowned as she looked at the group, "It is good you intend to stay for a few days...difficulty is about to come...nothing foreseen or preventable...and it will forever change the future of all fae."

Jorga lifted a brow, "Speak on seer."

Alna sat witht he three; Nathan, Morden and Jorga. "This cannot and should not leave this room," she said and looked at each of them seriously. "The glen has been sending me visions since yesterday. Vision of the destruction of this castle and the entire village. The very ground is going to break up and swallow it in fiery rock and quaking ground. This will occur shortly after the villagers are found and punished for what they have done to Serena. I have not seen a reason for this, but I also did not see any way to stop or prevent it, even with all our combined magic."

Jorga leaned back in his seat, "There is plenty of room in Malthen Ana...perhaps we should..."

Alna held up a hand, "We cannot leave before the tragedy strikes...I am not sure why but it is important we are all here when it happens. I have seen us all here..."

Morden looked at her, locking his eyes with hers, "Have you seen any deaths?"

Alna did not look away, "Yes. But only one."

"Who?"

Alna shook her head, "THAT I cannot divulge for their face was hidden from me."

Meanwhile back in the dining room, Varen was finishing with sweeping the floor, "I had not planned to leave the castle tonight...nothing feels...right at the moment." He looked at jasmine though, "I can accompany you if you'd like..."

Naild shook his head, "No...we were the victims of someone else's magic. There's a difference between being sent by someone else and casting the magic that sends them." he thought about the rest of her question carefully, "I am glad we were only there a short time, even though I loved every second of it. I'm afraid had we been there longer things here would definitely been much worse."

Chastianna nodded, "Good night everyone." she said, "It was lovely meeting everyone, please give the royals my regrets at not being able to properly address them before leaving, but I really am quite tired." She left then with Gavin and tried to stifle a yawn but was unsuccessful. "Oh sorry...thank you...I must look more tired than i felt." She leaned her head against his shoulder and tucked her hand into the crook of his arm, "I really hope you never have to go anywhere I can't go..." She said sleepily but she did mean it.

Aldin was helping Varen, moving chairs as he swept and replacing them after he moved to the next. "This is a very beautiful Palace, I dare say Serena...you have not done it justice in your descriptions." He was trying not to eavesdrop on other conversations but he heard Serena's concerns for Morden and her thoughts about the castle and her life and he felt that last little thread snap. She was where she belonged and he was happy for her, he truly was. He turned to Mirq, "Will you be staying the night?'

Mirq shrugged, "food tomorrow?" he asked Varen who nodded, "Mirq stay..."

Laurana dropped down beside Caden, taking his shoulders in her small, cold hands. The night air was chilly, but she didn't care. "I am not letting you turn evil and I will not ever hear you try to abandon me or our son. You will live, be a wonderful father and move past this horrible family situation. Do you understand me? I will stay here. All night with you until you are less hard on yourself." She added, settling on the forest floor and getting comfortable.

Serena was upset, that Aldin felt so opposed to her staying here, that she listened to Alna's vision with dread in her stomach, then quietly got up and left, walking the opposite direction of Caden and Laurana, she needed cool air and time to think. She felt so badly, bundled up in knots and now that she knew one of them was to die, she almost wished it were her! She found a boulder and a river close by it, comfortable to sit on and just silently weep. She cried for no real reason, aside from hurting Aldin so deeply he wouldn't stay. She wished there had been someone he could have met. Someone better than herself. Agony was hers' that night and she'd no intention of glooming up the already tense atmosphere.

Claire looked really worried as she listened to Alna relay her vision. "Is there nothing we can prepare for right now?" She asked the seer. Jasmine had wandered off as well, having noticed Varen's tension. Something was bothering him. And it bothered Jasmine that he wouldn't tell her. She sighed, walking lightly along the dirt path, kicking at fallen leaves. She was lagging a bit, but she found her house well enough and was halfway to it. Maybe she'd sleep alone that night and dwell on things.~

Rebecca nodded in agreement. She'd heard what Alna said, and wondered if she could provoke a similar vision to see if she could reveal the death of one of their own. If she could -see- it, she would do her best to prevent it! She called goodnight to Gavin and Chastianna as they went to their rooms.

Gavin sighed. "I think every day is a real tension-bomb around here, don't you? I mean, I wish we could help; but one thing after another is making me a bit, cranky. Doesn't it ever slow down?" He added, shaking his head at the huge group in the dining room. They'd made it eventually back up to their bedroom. He was ready to catch some sleep before anything else dreadful happened or was predicted! Again he didn't mind sharing a bed with her. Too tired to even undress, he fell onto the soft bed and was almost half-asleep already.

Caden was still looking down at the ground, but when she sat down in front of him he was forced to look at her. "Lauranna...I would never abandon you or our son willingly, but if something ever happens...and I am not saying it will happen...but if...I have to know you will not allow me to harm anyone. Have Morden imprison me as he did Helena...whatever is necessary. I must know you all will be safe no matter what....even from me." He reached our to touch her face, "I love you so very much...I am fine. I am not worried about losing your love, or anyone's respect because of this. I am only worried about a possibility and want to make sure there is a plan to keep everyone I love safe...." He looked at her so tenderly, "I never did deserve you. But...I am not foolish enough to let you go now."

Aldin watched Serena leave the room and frowned. Something was bothering her and he wondered if he'd accidentally hurt her with his flippant comments about the palace. he followed her and found her crying. He sat near but not too near her, "Have I said something wrong?' he asked softly, "I did not mean to make fun in front of your friends...I would never embarrass you..." Of course he'd drawn the completely wrong conclusion, but he didn't know any of these people really, not even her and he was so far outside the realm of anything he'd ever experienced before that he wasn't sure how to take it all.

Rook watched as everyone started to make their way to their sleeping chambers, and he'd heard only the end of the vision. He moved next to Claire, "How are you feeling?" he asked looking at her with those big soulful eyes. "Perhaps you should retire for the evening as well? I can show you to the guest quarters...."

naild was reading her mind, "Do not attempt it." he said as he watched her, "The ancient powers that gift those with sight give their gifts to those they choose and they reveal what they can or desire to and withhold what they must. Knowing who will not possibly help anyone...and...as Sovalna has often said...the visions are guides. Not all that is seen comes to pass...if you are to know anything the powers will give it to you." He wasn't meaning to be harsh or mean, but he had been around the seer a lot in his life. he knew how these things operated and he'd seen both scenarios come to pass. he was going to choose to believe that the Glen would protect them all.

Chastianna peeked up at him, "Well, if this is you cranky then I can't even imagine how perfect you are when you are happy." She leaned into his shoulder a bit and smiled up at him, "You think this is more stressful than the swamp monsters?" she asked with a quirked brow and seriously doubtful look in her eyes. "Honestly...I think we just happened to arrive at a particularly trying time. I cannot imagine there is this much trouble at every ticking of another hour. Maybe we just need some rest..." she said and chuckled softly when he fell on the bed fully clothed and was almost asleep before he hit the bed. her gently removed his boots, and socks and brushed the hair back from his brow before placing a soft kiss there, "Rest well Golden Prince...."

Lauranna curled up in Caden's arms. She hadn't any idea what she would really do if it came down to that point; but really she just didn't see it. "You are stronger than your family's line, Caden. But if it makes you feel better, I promise to watch out for any signs and get Morden to imprison you, if only for the length of time it takes to get you back to yourself again. I'm not giving up on you, and really, it's myself who doesn't deserve you. Don't you realize how wonderful you are to me by now?" She asked, smiling through her anguished tears.

Rebecca promised Niald she wouldn't, though it pained her to know any one of these people could be killed. "I wish that visions would be more precise, so we can protect everyone as we see them." Was all she said, not taking his tone harshly, but knowing he was simply warning her away from something she wasn't ready for.~

Serena shook her head. "No. It's not that. I'm just- so sorry, Aldin. That things turned out like this. I'm worried about you. I know you're hurting, I know I've caused that. I don't want you to hurt. . ." She said, drying her tears. "Really, before we all found the Glen, we lived in caves. Times did seem simpler then." She sighed, gently patting his hand. She was always worried about others, more than for herself. She truly wanted Aldin to find some sort of peace and happiness.

Gavin laughed at Chastianna's statement of how cranky he was. "I'd have to flip a coin. Swamp monsters or scary things happening around the clock. Don't really know yet. I just hope we make it through the week in one peice." He said sleepily.~

Jasmine had gone to bed, tired, and a little worried about Varen. Still, it had been an extremely long past few days, she was sure he'd finish up and find her later on. As she drifted to sleep, her dreams were definitely disturbed by seeing Claire's magic that day. She'd tried her best to deny it, to hide it from everyone, but dreams were funny that way. Everything in her bad memories came out. She saw her parents again playing on the beach with her, running across the shoreline. Her father was hunting fish. As a family, they lived on the land, never staying in one place for long. When a strange man came up to them, it seemed like he was friendly, interested in their unique forms. But when he got Jasmine's parents alone, he took her father aside, and whispered something horrifying enough to make both her parents' look shocked, then furious. Before her father could drive a spear into the strange man, several bolts of lightning shot from the sky, striking her parents both and dissolving them into ash! Of course the young five year old Jasmine hadn't seen that, she'd been looking for seashells. But when she'd turned back, they had simply gone. And not even twenty years of searching had brought them back. She didn't realize tears were streaming from her own eyes afraid someone might see her so weak and emotional, Jasmine pushed the blankets off her and stood, looking around the dark empty house. She really missed Varen, but maybe he decided to sleep at the palace tonight.

Claire smiled at Rook. "I am a little tired, but my energy is still good. I suppose resting won't hurt. Thank you, anywhere is fine with me." She assured him, rising from the sink now that she'd helped Varen put away all the dried and sparkling dishes. She thanked Varen again, and bid the others remaining, good night, and looked sadly at Alna. "I pray this doesn't happen, but if it does, I'll do my best to protect everyone." She said gravely, following Rook back out to the hallway. She was certainly ready to get some rest!

Caden pulled her close and cradled her on his lap. "Thank you..." Was all he said as he held her and breathed in that scent that always lingered on her. "I can only hope you are right." Gods he prayed she was right. He couldn't even think about the possibility of ever harming her or any of the people he loved, but he also knew there were things at work he knew nothing of and that there was always the possibility that his mother and her sister had other plans, or had back up plans where they are still alive in another alternate time line watching and waiting. Using time magic had made them able to come back from the dead, without using necromancy. Perhaps Hannah was awaiting her turn to appear again in this timeline with her sister at her side. Would they be able to withstand their combined strength? The possibly scenarios were endless, and what his mind fear the most was Hannah being able to gain control of him, as Helana had Rook. He'd have to talk to Morden about it. He stood though, with Lauranna in his arms and went up the back way to their rooms. He didn't want to see anyone else tonight. He set her down gentle on the bed and then knelt next to it in front of her, "I hope I am as good to you as you are to me..but I cannot accept that as true." he leaned closer and kissed her growing tummy and lingered there a while, "I can try to show you what you are to me though."

Naild nodded, "I remember Sovalna once saying that there were reasons even for that. What was it?" he tapped his chin trying to remember how she said it, "Oh...Sometimes it's not meant for everyone to be safe, because loss teaches us to value those we love and what we have."

Aldin blinked, "My pain is not your doing," he admitted as he watched her, "I knew from the second I found you that you must surely have a family and a life. I should have kept my senses about me and my distance. You are not in any way to blame for what my time alone caused me to wish. Seeing you happy and with your family is a great reward to me though. This is where you belong, and I am happy for you and Morden and Naild." He covered her hand with his free one, "I will be fine. I will find a way to forge a life here and be happy...I promise."

Chastianna chuckled, "Well...we survived all that time in the dark swamps alone, I can't imagine anything here could happen that we cannot handle together." Truth be told, she couldn't imagine ANYTHING that the two of them together couldn't handle. He made her feel strong and brave in a way she never felt when she was alone. "I think everything will turn out fine...." covering a yawn with her hand she blushed a bit, "Sorry...." She moved closer and cuddled next to him fitting herself to him and then let our a contented sigh, "As long as you're here everything will be fine..."

Varen had waited until the last of the royals left for their rooms and then he went in search of Jasmine. her tracks were easy enough to follow and he was a little surprised they led to her house. She hadn't stayed there in some time and he was wondering if he'd hurt her somehow without knowing it. He'd been so absorbed in his own pain and self loathing he hadn't been paying attention to her. It was very late when he got there and he almost passed by, but he saw her standing in the window and moved to tap on it gently. He didn't want to startle her, "Jasmine?"

Rook led her to the wing of the palace he was staying in, partly because he knew there were empty rooms there, and he knew how to get there and partly because he would rest well knowing she was nearby, should anything happen. Not that she needed protection, but the gentleman in him flattered himself to think he could and would save her should the opportunity arise. "This room is empty," he said with a smile, "And I am just there in the next room if you should need anything." What would she possibly need you idiot? "It has been a pleasure speaking with you tonight Claire, I am very happy to have met you." He took the liberty of lifting her hand to his lips as he bowed to kiss her hand in very formal gentlemanly manner before gently returning it to her. he straightened and dark eyes met hers. He hesitated departing from her but he wasn't sure why.

Morden looked at the two and stood, "Well...I believe we have done enough damage for one night..eh? I am sure both of our women are wondering what has happened to us. It is late...Please Jorga allow us to show you to some guest rooms for a bit of rest."

Jorga nodded, "We have. I admit...rest sounds good. I'm sure Tamsin is ready to find sleep as well."

They went back to the dining room and found the women and Aldin there.

Morden saw Serena and Aldin holding hands and her crying and he moved closer wondering what was going on. "Is everything ok Love?' he asked, casting a look at Aldin.

Alna moved to Nathan's side and wrapped her arms around him. "Let's go to bed." She suggested lifting ehr face to look at him. There was an odd expression there, a mixture of love, need and fear. "I need to feel your arms around me." She needed his strength and warmth to make all the darkness of the visions fade if even for just a few moments.

Aldin instantly dropped Serena's hand and stepped back. He could only imagine how that must have looked but he was at a loss for how to explain it. he just bowed and left them and in his rush to escape he nearly knocked Tamsin to the ground, only barely sparing both of them a tumble by grabbing hold of her arm and then the table and spinning them in a circle. "Oh dear...please forgive me...."

Tamsin laughed, "No harm done...nice recovery human. I had no idea humans could move so gracefully." It was a compliment but there was a veiled insult in there somewhere of her previous opinion of human abilities if you looked for it hard enough. She had a chance to touch him though, as she'd been wishing for all night and she was surprised to find him muscled and strong though gentle at the same time. She righted herself and tugged his hand to pull him up as well, "I am glad your quick thinking saved us from an unceremonious plop to the floor. This armor would have been painful to fall in."

Aldin lifted a brow, "Thank you...I think." And then she spoke further and he smiled, "I am glad as well, for I dare say that armor would have broken a few of my bones when I hit the ground before you." As he would have made sure he did to cushion her fall. he'd been taught to always protect a lady, and even though these women were very powerful, he wouldn't be able to break that training.

Laurana smiled at Caden, understanding his self doubt all too well! She still sometimes worried she might not be the best mother; having no examples to follow, until fairly recently, and only just now experiencing family moments and close bonds with people, after years of living in practically isolation. She held his hands, tightly, glancing into his beautiful, yet tormented eyes. "Caden, you may never know how much you mean to me, but all I can do is try to show you as well." She replied, kissing him deeply, right there on the forest floor.~

Rebecca nodded, but it didn't make her feel right, knowing this was going to happen, despite seeing it in visions. "I always used to hope visions could prevent bad things. But you're right Niald. I only hope we can all make it." She sighed. "But I do hope you know I value you and love you." She added softly, so only he could hear.

Jasmine had been staring out the window of the darkened house as if waiting for trouble, when Varen arrived. Startled, she tensed, but then, seeing it was him, simply rushed over to hug him. "I know, I should have waited. I'm sorry. I just keep having a feeling you were upset about something still, while we were in the kitchen with everyone." She hung her head. "And then I had that nightmare." She said, seeing everything in her mind's eye again so clearly. That man. If only she could see his face! She'd like to shoot it with a fireball or two! But she didn't know if the man was still around or a ghost by now.~

Claire blushed ruby red as Rook kissed her hand, so sweetly! "Thank you, Prince Rook, I will probably fall right to sleep. This room is nice, and spacious. I appreciate your kindness towards me." She smiled, then, trying to stay calm and cool, managed to kiss his cheek, just to make him blush a bit! She grinned, onery like. "Sleep well, Prince Rook. I will see you in the morning."

Gavin just chuckled faintly at Chastianna's optimism! "Oh right- sure, yeah we'll all be okay." He echoed, falling asleep almost as fast as she was! "Night, Chastianna. Sweet dreams." He said, holding her instinctively close. It had been years since he'd had anyone with him. Of course he wasn't an idiot, he wasn't going to let her go either.~

Serena laughed just a bit as Aldin tore off in the other direction, shaking her head at Morden. "Nothing sweetheart. Just understanding his loneliness. I hope he finds someone he can truly be happy with. Everything alright with you and the others?" She asked, standing and dusting herself off a bit. She took his hand in hers. She couldn't remember a time when she needed Morden as much as she did then. After everything that had happened, she knew her heart beat was only for him. She longed to just be held by him, the rest of the night.~

Nathan agreed, bidding whoever was remaining in the kitchen a good night, he gallantly carried Alna back up to their own room. After closing their door, he was more than happy to give into everything she possibly needed from him as long as she wanted! "Don't worry, Alna. I'll never once leave your side." He promised her gently kissing her.

Caden smiled and laid her back on the bed in their room. "I think we can show each other...for a few hours?" and then he kissed her deeply.

Naild smiled and kissed her shyly and briefly. He wanted to kiss her like they had that one time on the other time line but he knew neither of them were ready for that, "I love you too." he said just as softly. He could not remember a time he hadn't loved her, but he felt like things were changing and he wasn't sure what would happen. He didn't mind change, he'd experienced a lot of it in his young life, but this was a kind of change that he wasn't sure he'd recover from...or survive.

Varen welcomed her and held her close, stroking her hair and rocking her slightly. "Shh...forgive me...I have been brooding all day. My male pride has been wounded and you should not have had to feel the brunt of it." his hands stroked down the length of her hair. "I was not sure you wanted to see me at all when I followed your tracks here." he admitted. "What nightmare? do you want to tell me?"

Rook was shocked when she kissed his cheek but he colored a bit and bowed his head slightly, "Sleep well Claire. Tomorrow will be welcome with that assurance." He turned then and left her to sleep as he made his way to his room a wistful smile on his handsome face.

Morden watched Aldin plow into Tamsin and winced a bit. "Um...of course..." he then turned back to her and helped her up and kept hold of her hands in his. "I am sure a good man like him will find what he needs." he said feeling very sure he spoke truth. "I think Caden will be fine once he realizes he is not bound by his parent's failings. They had no influence on his formative years, so I do not think he has anything to fear." Though, like Caden he too wondered if the sisters were alive in an alternate timeline watching this one to see if their schemes were successful or not. He needed to research that magic more closely to find out if they could return here where they had already dies. "You look tired ...let's go back to my room...I've missed holding you."

Alna held him close and gave back as good as she got, pouring her love into him and taking all he gave greedily. "I love you Nathan..."

Laurana smiled beautifully at him, her face lighting up with assurance and happiness. "Of course we can. We have the rest of tonight." She said, deeply kissing him back, her arms around his shoulders.

Rebecca smiled, still holding his hand lightly. She knew they couldn't do anything adultish, but they could at least spend some time together. "Do you want to go to bed now or is there anything you'd like to do?" She asked shyly. She knew he was adaptable to change, more than she really was. She tried to keep up with everyone else on a daily basis, but sometimes she really felt half a step too slow.~

Jasmine relaxed in Varen's arms, feeling stupid about her nightmares, but he would need to know the whole truth anyway, in case that bad man -was- possibly around? Though she felt it was highly unlikely. "It's alright, Varen. I know you're pride is stinging. But trust me, you're still fantastic every way possible." She told him, planting a soft kiss on his cheek. "As for my nightmare." She took a deep breath, sat them both down on the bed, and told him every detail of how her parents went missing, and what the dream had shown her. "I felt terrible, thinking I'd given up on looking for them, Varen. They were wonderful parents. And I in my childish idiocy, turned my back for one second, and now I know their fate." She said, hanging her head in sadness.

Claire smiled as she gently closed the door, the big queen sized bed with its satiny white sheets and pillows looked inviting, and she turned the light off quickly, before falling asleep right as she fell ontop of the covers. She didn't even notice the cold air.~

"I've missed holding you too, Morden. And yes, Caden is a strong, powerful man, a good ruler. His heritage should not matter at all; but people can judge for the stupidest things. In any case, I am sure Aldin will make a good friend here. There are many wonderful people to bond with." She agreed, leaning on him as they walked back up to their own room.

Nathan was absolutely his most gentle self with Alna, taking care of every need, passionately kissing and caressing her. "I love you too Alna.." He said, smiling at her.~

Early the next morning the normal kitchen crew was hard at work preparing a delicious and filling breakfast for the guests and inhabitants of the palace. Soon the entire palace was full of the aroma of freshly brewed coffee, baking muffins, and roasting ham. Varen and Jasmine were both humming and working comfortably together in the kitchen and setting up a full buffet style breakfast for everyone to partake of as they wished. It didn't take long for people to begin appearing.

The Royals were among the first to appear, along with Naild. But soon everyone was there eating and chatting amiably. They ate well and then caden stood and tapped his glass to get everyone's attention.

"First order of business today is going to be bringing everyone from the village to the palace and into the main throne room. Varen, Jasmine...I will ahve others clean this up while you gather the people and bring them here. I want all of them present and accounted for..understood?"

Varen nodded, "They will be." He nodded his head and then left knowing jasmine would be right behind him. They went to the village and knocked on every door. They did not say why the people were being summoned but they did hint that it was a good thing. Both of them smiled a lot and were cordial, instructing the people to gather in the square for their personal escort to the Palace as a group.

Meanwhile, back at the palace:

Caden looked at everyone else, "So, how are we to identify all the attackers? Serena can name a few but not all."

Tamsin spoke, "I can so this for you. If Serena will allow me to magically scan her...I will be able to touch any of them and know what sort of contact they have had with her, good or not."

Jorga nodded, "We have used Tamsin's abilities many times in just such cases as this when it was impossible to know who was lying, or who was to blame."

Caden tipped his head, "If Serena will submit to this scanning then I have no objection."

As everyone joined in the kitchen for breakfast and coffee, Serena sat next to Morden, wearing a casual green blouse and black slacks, with comfortable sneakers. She was a bit too nerve-wracked to eat a lot, but settled for some of the ham and toast, with an extra cup of coffee. She'd braided her long blonde hair, keeping it securely out of her eyes and face. She smiled at Caden and Tamsin. "I don't object. Scan away." She offered, hiding nothing from the fierce warrior woman. She remained calm, and kept her mind open as possible.~

Laurana sat by Caden, a calm expresision on her face, though she felt more angry than anything else. Shed had such hopes the fae would be able to act better than the humans from her and Aldins world. She felt disappointed ro see that some things never did change, no matter where they lived.

Claire sat by Prince Rook again, ready for the events of the day to unfold..She would help with whatever was necessary.

Rebecca sat near Alna and Nathan, she was there for moral support for Serena and Morden as well as Niald.