Chastianna looked at Lauranna and smiled at her generous words, but still she felt useless and burdensome. "I will work hard to become proficient." She really had no idea how to go about that but she was going to try, and work until she dropped. It was important to her to see that these two remained king and queen here as long as possible. She knew Helena and her sister had other plans. They hated all things white and this Glen. She would never known why. She looked up at Rook then, "Do you remember when the dark swamp was beautiful?"

Naild looked at Chastianna, "It was beautiful? that's really hard to imagine..." He looked at Rebecca then and lifted her hand to kiss it. He was remembering too much of that other time when they were grown and about to be married. It seemed so far away now, and yet so close at the same time. "I will always be proving I am worthy ... You deserve someone that you can be proud to call yours. I am never going to stop trying to be that man."

Varen smiled, "It means Beautiful." Then he smiled a bit more, "I am not surprised you have heard it before...you are very beautiful." He heard something simmering over on the stove, "Uh oh...I have distracted you from your cooking..." He grinned and stirred what was in the pot. "We can continue our conversation after dinner...I admit...I am quite hungry." His body was able to slowly heal itself but, it sapped a good deal of his energy, so Lauranna's healing had spared him that process. However, the long day of tracking Serena and battling the various creatures they'd encountered had taken a tole on him.

Morden reached over and gave Nathan's arm a good squeeze, "You lived the life my Brother..your mind simply refuses to let you see it again. You did live it though and you were happy." Rash decisions? Hmm. "Well..as to rash decisions, I can only recall one and that was the one to face the Douglass before we were fully ready. I tried to convince you not to, but you would not hear of it." He sighed, "It was your daughter that wed the Douglas...Melise...she was so very beautiful but so different from the rest of the fae. She longed for life away from here, and felt trapped. When she saw the world of the humans she was lost to us. have always believed her amulet was given her by Helena or Hannah, but I cannot prove it. I believe she went to them because she wanted to be able to bear a child with the human, which we know does not happen naturally." He sighed, "Oh how you searched for her, and you never forgave the Douglas for her death. And I never forgave him for stealing you from me. I cannot say i regret his passing in any way." There was so much to share and retell. He hardly knew where to start. "We had a happy childhood here in the palace. We used to chase our dogs around here. We had huge beasts that we called demon and devil...big black things. They were not the most graceful of animals though and we used to make them slide into the stairs, or walls. we were such boys..."

Aldin smiled, "I fell in love with this spot the moment I saw it. It seemed to me the meeting of day and night occurred here." He chuckled a bit, "I'm sure that sounds crazy but it was just lovely here all the time. It does snow here, which is quite beautiful too." he looked a bit sheepish, "I will admit this house is not the best in the cold months. I have shutters I can close but it is far from air tight. I have furs I use in those times. I can get some for you as well. I try not to kill the living things of the forest unless I must. But there are small rodents here that have the softest fur. They make excellent slippers." Horrible eating really, but eat them he did because he could not bear to waste the meat in such a way. "They would be too hot for now, but later I would be happy to make you some."

The dark swamp... it could very well have been something else... maybe even a world similar to the Glen, at one point! Yet Lauranna was doubtful, just a bit, since the swamps seemed so old... so... forgotten by most. Gavin knew Chastianna had the same doubts he was having,but he kept his at bay, ignoring them as he sometimes did when he felt occasionally optimistic. He didn't feel that way at all about the swamps having been anything other than murky, monster-filled no-man's land however. But he was curious to what Prince Rook would say about it, after all, it had been their home for so many years, it was natural to wonder at its origins!

Rebecca grinned at Niald as he kissed her hand, her brilliant star-blue eyes sparkling. "I guess I'll have to let you.. but it's my job to see you don't do anything rash, or endanger yourself." She scolded, sounding far more grown up than her age of 12! She always felt lighter around Niald... he somehow kept the shadowy, dark memories and bad thoughts about herself away. She also sensed, she was going to have another vision soon.. but not until she was asleep at least. So she pushed those aside, also remembering their brief time as adults... and she couldn't help feel a bit.. mushy.. "Should we go back inside? We're not needed here- right now anyway. And I don't like to interrupt adults when they're talking.." She added, figuring they could catch up on studies, or help Alna. She felt bad for leaving her like that!

Bursts of memories fell through all those missing holes in Nathan's mind... and he almost did- break down then.. remembering his fair daughter.... his wife..who died in childbirth unfortunately... but his innocent daughter, had died by the hands of the Douglas..After he'd been captured and tortured for many weeks, he hadn't even known why he'd felt such a raging hatred for that bastard... but he remembered now... ... "I hope their souls can forgive me on the other side Morden... I really do... I feel like I abandoned them in my stupid quest for vengeance... I only pray it doesn't happen again with Alna... forgive me.... for being away so long... " He had many reasons now too, why he'd never claim the crown again... he'd never been a good king, abandoning his own people to hunt the Douglas....... Everything else rushed back- trips with their parents around the country, dining at the palace in the morning... their huge, black dogs, and a familiar cook who unfortunately, got pranked quite often by Morden and Nathan both. .... He cherished those memories, because the ones of losing his first wife and only daughter hurt his heart like searing fire....~

Oralie was pretty sure she'd love to see all that snow when it fell! She was already picturing it in her mind- a world of snowy-whiteness and pristine, frozen lakes... "That sounds fine. I'm alright with whatever we have, Aldin.. I don't think.. I was much of a picky eater... and I'm sure we can stay plenty warm this winter." She added, glad to know more about such a beautiful and secret place. She almost felt 100% certain she'd never feel like leaving. She held one of his hands assuredly, grateful for his company. Her soul seemed to know that going back meant loneliness...and shame..~

Jasmine laughed, then hurriedly finished their pasta-spaghetti dinner, and took time preparing it with healthy ingredients. She set the table and had a bowl and plates ready, with silverwear... It felt relaxing to be able to have a normal, home-scene like this... She'd never take any moment with Varen for granted.~

Last edited:
Rook moved his head to look at Chastianna. ~I do remember when it was a lush green place, but it seems like five lifetimes ago.~His eyes flashed a deep black before returning to the odd glowing red they were before. ~I believe it was Hannah's hatred that turned the swamp into what it is now. But it must have been my mother..since she is alive and Hannah is not...~ The truth of his mother's evil works was a heavy burden and he felt sorrow seeping into him. His large head laid down onto the ground wearily. ~I am sorry ... I wish I had realized they were going to cause so much trouble.~

Naild watched the dragon become morose, "You are not responsible for your Mother's actions, Prince Rook." he assured him, "No one here is judging you by anything other than your own behavior."

~Thank you Naild. You are a kind soul~

Chastianna watched Rook lay his head down and frowned a bit. "You have always been the voice of reason in the swamp. do not lose hope...you will be that voice again." She let out a sigh and leaned closer to Gavin, "He looks so depressed...it hurts me to see it."

Naild nodded, "Yes you will have to let me." His smile was small and humble but his eyes shone when he looked at her. "We can definitely go inside if you'd like. I am not needed here." While they moved to the inside there was a mass of ants blocking the doorway and he looked and then and thought, get out of the way and they moved. He blinked, and lifted a confused brow. That was odd. Maybe they were moving out of fear? Surely they hadn't heard him.

Morden gave Nathan's arm another gentle squeeze, "They have nothing to forgive. You fought to avenge them, and their memory. It was an honorable quest." he could see that memories were returning from the far away look in Nathan's eyes. "don't be so hard on yourself Nathan. You've been great to Alna forever, even before the two of you were together. And believe me, I do know that she has had times when she was difficult to like forget love her. You have a faithful and true heart my brother, without the burden of the crown you will do fine by her."

Varen smiled as he ate the dinner she'd prepared. "Delicious. Thank you." He helped clean up and then he reached for her hand, "I will probably be asleep five seconds after I lie down, but I would like to have you here with me. Will you stay?"

Aldin liked when she used the word we to describe things here. That she felt at home here made his heart smile. He'd been alone so long, it was great to have someone to talk to and spend the day with. She was such a comforting person to be around and something about her made him feel invincible. "Are you still feeling ok? Are you in pain?" he asked as he looked at her, "Don't let it get too bad before we give the laudanum again." He dreaded the laudanum though because it meant she would sleep deeply and he'd be alone again, but it would give him time to collect food and prepare a way to wash her hair. He didn't require much sleep, so he'd be able to rest too. He just wanted ehr to be comfortable and pain free as much as possible throughout this healing process.

Gavins doubt evaporated...the swamps...a lush, vibrant place? he was really curious now, for some reason.... "Forgive me, Prince Rook, but if all that hatred was ended somehow...do you think it would be possible to see the swamps as they once were?" he wasnt too hopeful, but he did wonder about several possibilities that afternoon!

Before she left, Rebecca wanted to be at least polite as well! "Excuse me, Prince Rook...Niald is right....Gavin and I...had a mean mother as well....and we also had to learn to not be held responsible for her cruelty...." She added, knowing how hard that still was to remember!

Nathan had to smile as Morden mentioned his brief time with Alna... "The two of you got along like oil and water....i am very thankful that she regards me that much better...but yes...i know ill have to get past everything and enjoy the rest of my life...ill always miss Melise and Cara, but knowing that i did everything i could helps a little bit. Thank you Morden, for being so patient..."

Jasmine nodded at Varens question. "Of course, I dont want to be alone in my house either, and we can both report to the palace tomorrow morning...I'll put our leftovers in the fridge. Is there anything you need to do before we sleep?" she asked, putting everything in Tupperware contas and sealing them in the fridge. She cleaned up, and straightened the kitchen.

Oralie had been hurting the whole time, but the view certainly helped her not feel it! "I do believe I should take another dose....but hopefully tomorrow I wont need it as much...Im really enjoying talking with you too..." she seemed wistful, as if wishing there were a way to get healed swiftly without him having to use too many rare medicines on her...but maybe later they could figure it out....

Rook looked at Gavin, ~I am not certain, but it seems possible that without the hostile magic flowing into it, the swamp could return to what it once was. The dark fae had a beautiful home, our people and that home were betrayed by two vindictive and jealous women. One could hope that such a great wrong could be righted by proper leadership.~ He spoke the words but he did not hold out much hope for his home. So much damage had been done by the creatures that now roamed free without restraint that he doubted it could ever be restored. His gaze then moved to Rebecca. If she had a cruel mother, she could not be who he believed her to be then. The goldens were tender caring parents. ~I am sorry for both your sakes...perhaps once she is stopped and I can be myself again and possibly have a chance to redeem myself I will feel as you do. At present I feel I am a liability.~ And he did. He was sure before long his aunt would feel his magical signature so close and attempt to either contact him, or cast her vile spells in his direction. He was already alert and almost tingling with the effort to detect any such thing. The last thing he wanted to do was harm any of these people.

Morden laughed, "Alna and I have often butted heads and been at odds, but she is an honest and powerful seer. I am shocked she never saw my true identity, though I never gave her a reason to scry me out before...it shocks me that the ancients did not tell her all. Perhaps this is my penance for my decisions having to speak my transgressions with my own lips. Such is only right." He nodded at his brother and sighed deeply, "I may have to seek out your advise in that matter shortly...I have a feeling my wife is slipping through my fingers and I have no one to blame but myself...I cannot protect her, and I did not see how she was being mistreated because I was too focused on my duties. I swear to you Nathan, I can feel her heart moving from me..." He frowned and rubbed his brows.

Varen shook his head, "Nothing...I only need rest. I will be myself again in the morning. We will ahve much to do, but for now I just want to sleep and hold you while I do."

Aldin nodded, "I'll take you back inside then and get you another dose. Your arm needs time to heal." That and the wound to her head were the two worst, though her head seemed to be healing fine. He hadn't wanted to move her arm to check it and knew doing so would only hurt her. He needed to be patient. "When you wake up I'll wash your hair and help you back out to the balcony. It's warm and sunny out there in the mornings." He gently lifted her and carried her back to the bed and sat her down. "I did try to make this taste a bit better...I hope it is at least not as terrible as it was." He handed it to her and waited hoping for the best.

Lauranna was strangely drawn to the idea of the swamps returning to a peaceful lush area....and the Golden Ones....the name felt familiar, but not in her mind, more to her soul.... "These Golden Ones....do you think they were cursed somehow as well? to become monsters of the swamp so no one ever knew of their existence?" she wasnt sure what had promted such a possibility ....maybe Helena was that powerful...capable of transforming an entire race of people....to be trapped forever in the swamps!

Rebecca smiled gently at Prince Rooks apologies... "Its alright....things happen sometimes that are terrible, but we cant always say why....I must bid you good afternoon, and get back to Alna...But I wanted to meet you first. Have a good rest Prince Rook, Im glad Niald found you." she said, then curtsied and went back inside the palace. She looked for Alna, thinking the other Seer was still by the books and cauldron. ..

Nathan shook his head sadly... "Dont worry overly so....I remember Serena is resilient, strong, and capable. She is alive....and when she recovers ...Im certain she will find her way back to her family....from what we know, shes in good care, safe, and thats more than we can ask for....Im just sorry Helena took such vengeance on you through her...I wish there was a way to end that vile witch.....but...i doubt we can even slow her magic down..." he was at a loss, wishing he could be more useful. ..

Jasmine was all too happy to settle with Varen in his house...she guided them to the long, comfortable couch, and cuddled with him all night, keeping alert for any possible attacks or danger.

Oralie grinned at Aldin... "I think now that I know what to expect....I should be ready. Thank you, for trying to mute the awful taste...." she drank the medicine fast then, just to get it down...to her surprise, it did taste oddly sweeter! but the bitter after taste still had her drinking a full glass of water and a sip of wine..... "There.....I took my. meds....I look forward to watching the beautiful scenery in the morning.....goodnight Aldin.... " she smiled apologetically, then...the drowsiness hit her even harder than before! she held his hand tightly, suddenly alarmed as the black dots closed her eyes, and pulled her into a deep, troubling sleep.....

Rook turned his head to look at the Queen. How she heard his thoughts? Had he spoken them? He hadn't meant to bring up that possibility. But since she had asked, he addressed it. ~My mother and Aunt sought to bring all the fae under subjection..they had planned to kill all the white fae royalty and take the rest under subjection and to steal the children of the Golden ones in order to force them to withdraw and leave the glen's surface...I ahve no idea if they were able to do this, but I have not seen or sensed a golden...until today~ He had no doubt that the brother and sister were golden, but whether or not they were the royal children? THAT he could not say. ~I do not believe the creatures in the swamp are golden fae...they are the normal inhabitants of the swamp but they are morphed by evil into something they are not...my mother has much power but even she has limits.~ He turned his attention back to the sister, ~thank you for coming all this way to be polite. I thank you. It is a pleasure to meet you Rebecca...I too am glad Naild found me and was kind enough to speak to me instead of attempting to slay me...~ The dragon's lips appeared to smile a bit at that.

Alna was indeed in the seers room. She was looking for items to scry out the villagers who were part of the crowd that attacked Serena. Her mind was troubled, by many things, and she needed to keep busy. She saw Rebecca return and nodded to her, "I have found four items, we should be able to gather one person's identity with these...would you mind stirring again?" She wanted to find the main leader of the group. In her experience there was always a ringleader that got everyone revved up, and kept them that way. This was the person she wanted to find.

Morden looked at Nathan, "She is but if she is being cared for...and safe...why would she come back here? Where she has been rejected and harmed in such a way?" He asked honestly, "I am not so vain that I believe I am enough enticement for a woman to place herself knowingly back into such danger." He sounded forlorn because he was. "I am very glad she is well and being cared for, especially since I cannot do so myself but with each passing hour I feel her slipping through my fingers." He sighed heavily and then leaned forward in his chair, "But such things should not be our main focus. We must make an end of Helena's evil. You need to tap into your own magical core my brother. It has been a long time since you have used it, but it is there and it is strong. Stronger than mine...between the four of us, we should be able to end her once her magic is contained by the crown and the amulets."

Varen slept like the dead that night, his body reverting to healing mode.

Aldin watched her and was glad it didn't seem quite as bad as before. He saw her fogging over and eased her down onto the bed and covered her carefully. He watched her for a bit but then got to work creating a way to wash her hair and also began trying to create a rolling chair so she could get around on her own a bit and feel better. She'd also be able to get a bit of exercise that way and hopefully that would speed up her recovery as well. He finally slept but made sure eh woke before she did, and prepared breakfast. She'd wake up very hungry he was sure, and he was as well. He was looking forward to sharing another day with her.

As they talked about the Golden Fae, Gavin found himself in memory lane. At age 4, his mother and father had abandoned him in the swamps... But there had been something she'd said to him that for some reason- stuck out now more than ever. He'd never paid attention to it, because even as a child, he'd sensed Sheena had been an evil woman to her very core.But now he recalled the words strongly, as if he were still a kid, abandoned and left to die... "Here we are then, Stephen... let's get back to our own timeline- now that the last two Golden Fae have been destroyed. He'll never leave here- this place will become his grave.... as for Rebecca... I'm sure she's bled to death by now. Or the poison took her. Who cares." Then, the two of them walked out the door- never to be seen by him again... He'd no idea who Rebecca was at the time... but surely... this memory meant nothing, so he said nothing about it and went about his day. He wouldn't know what to do or think if he -had- been a Golden Fae... no...just nonsense memories... he was certain of that.

Rebecca smiled, and nodded when she found the Seer. "Yes, I can stir.. sorry for leaving like that... and for giving away Nathan's memory.... I understand now it is painful for him." She helped drop in the items, and stir the liquid in the cauldron, glad for something useful to do! She had been impressed earlier with Niald's ability to blow those ants away too! As she'd only caught mere words- Golden Fae- she hadn't a clue either to what any of that stuff meant... something else to puzzle the grown ups she guessed. She didn't miss being a grown up, not when it seemed to mean tragedies. While she stirred, she let her mind free itself of its noisesome thoughts, and concentrated instead on Serenas attackers. "Yes, I want to know who did this too..." She agreed.

Nathan frowned.. "Don't give up, Morden-- just because she's got memory loss- doesn't mean she won't need you... and soon I think... if that man has her... it's very possible the more time that she spends with him... the more it will feel like they are close as husband and wife......... it is a sadness... to lose anyone to their memories, or tragedy. I know it's what Helena wants- for you to lose your wife... she'd gloat for decades... We'll find her Morden... and a way to stop her evil magic." He drew a deep breath,... again apologizing to his dead wife and daughter.. "Yes, you're right.. Only teach me how to reach my magic's core and I will do it." He agreed.

Varen's arms were solid, strong, and very warm around Jasmine's narrow figure. She had lost more weight during their excursions, too focused on battling obstacles and moving forward, there had barely been time to drink water! But she'd make sure to take better care of herself and of Varen from now on-- and she would ask the king and queen to kindly not separate them during missions... too many horrible things were happening, and she couldn't risk another mistake at Varen's behalf!

Oralie soon dreamt of a shadowy-figure... a male... tall... dark brown hair.... and a handsome face- though blurred, she could almost see the color of his eyes and the outline of his body.... but.... he kept shouting... in his mind he was calling her...another name... Seren... Serene something.... then the voice and person faded from her dream and another figure appeared through the misty-fog of the medicine-induced sleep... A child. No.. more teenager than kid... had her hair coloring....her eyes... and a determination that overpowered everything in his path. She almost laughed at the familiarity... "Come back mother--! Please.. we need you-- father and I miss you terribly!" But the memory dreams didn't stick... she let them fade again as if she'd never seen them... and it was winter in this new dream. Snow-covered ground, snow-tipped trees... and the lake below them was frozen solid... She -did- have a kid in this dream... but this one... looked much younger, more like Aldin and herself... and -she- was skating across the ice... gleefully with total confidence and the grace of an expert. This dream she clung to... it made more sense..... was Aldin...perhaps somehow closer to her than he lead on? No.. they'd only just met... but this dream of them having a child together... it felt unbelievably more real than the faded man and other boy...she felt confused and heart broken.....~

Lauranna smiled back at the dragon..."Would there be a way to find out if there -were- golden fae around? Like a spell or something?" She was very curious. She'd love to meet even one Golden Fae! She watched Chastianna, making sure her sister was still comfortable standing outside. They'd been here a while now, but she could stay all night if need be... just to get answers, though if Prince Rook was tired... she'd go back and let him rest as well.

Once Rebecca rejoined Alna, Naild bowed to them both and returned to the others outside. He paused at the arched doorway where the ants had scattered and looked at it closely. He pondered for a second but the shook it off and kept moving. He was also thinking about Varen and Jasmine and their constant battles while they were looking for his mother. Why had the animals close to the palace not been as affected? Was Helena able to direct her magic in such a focused manner even from her cell that Caden had placed her in? His mind was so preoccupied, he did not notice the serpent slithering along slightly behind him, awaiting a chance to strike. The sound of a stick snapping alerted Naild in time to turn and see it as it was coiling for a deadly attack. He held out his hand and spoke the word, "Hold!" and the snake retreated into it's coil and simply watched him. As they stood there in the pathway watching each other Naild heard an odd voice in his mind ~Whaat isth your command Maaasther?" Brows wafting high, Naild looked closer at the Snake and spoke aloud as he had before, not sure how the snake was communicating or understanding him, "Who commanded you to strike me? And...guard the gardens with vigilance from this point forward." The serpent lowered its head in respect and then that odd voice was heard by Naild once more ~Dark...Queen...magic...pain..~ Naild frowned, "Are you still in pain?" A nod of response was all he received before the serpent slithered into the hedgerow of the garden maze. He rejoined the other and tapped Caden's arm, "May I speak with you a moment?"

Caden turned to look at naild and nodded, "Excuse me everyone..." he said knowing that Lauranna could handle the Prince as he separated a little ways with Naild. "How can I help you?"

"I have had two odd occurrences," he explained and then told Caden all that had happened. "You have animal magic. It has been a long time since any of us has been gifted in such a way..."

"The serpent said that Helena's magic is painful to the animals...no wonder they are becoming aggressive. Is there any way for mus to block it? Or lessen the pain?"

Caden rubbed his chin, "I am not entirely sure. We need to find Morden. He knows more about these things than I do." He returned to Lauranna and informed her of his intent to find Morden and he kissed her temple as he looked up at Rook, "You do realize if any harm befalls anyone here you will suffer..."

Prince Rook laughed but it came out of his dragon form as a snort of smoky, hot breath. ~I could no more harm my saviors than I could cease to breathe fire. Have no worries good King. Your family is safe with me.~

Caden nodded and then both he and Naild went back to the palace to look for Morden.

Rook then turned back to Lauranna ~I believe there is a way...I fear I am quite tired at the moment. Perhaps we could speak of this again tomorrow? I beg your forgiveness, Highness.~

Chastianna gasped, "Oh we should have realized you would be...Forgive me Rookie.." She frowned at the familiar pet name, "I used to call you that didn't I?" she asked though she remembered doing so. "We should let you rest..." She turned to Gavin then who had been unusually quiet and made a motion wit her head, "Until tomorrow my cousin..." she said to Rook and then began to make her way back through the garden. Why she felt like she and Gavin should stay close was not something she was giving any conscious thought to, but it seemed to her to be vital. He was the only one here who knew what living in the dark swamp was like and she felt a kinship with him that helped her deal with all the stress of discovering who she really was. "I can't believe how everything has changed..." she said as they made their way through the maze of hedges, "I have to admit I am seriously overwhelmed...how will I ever measure up to all of this?" A slightly trembling hand raked through her hair, "I am so afraid of failing everyone..."

Morden sighed but nodded, "I am trying not to allow the dread to overcome my heart, but it is a difficult thing. I am sure..." He did not have a chance to finish before Caden and Naild interrupted them. He turned and was surprised, "Something wrong?" he asked starting to get up.

Caden stopped him, "yes and no, please stay where you are. Naild tell them what you told me." The three men listened to the young man retell the events of the garden. Caden then turned to Morden and Nathan, "IS there any way to do this? We are already planning to trap her magic and weaken her but can we do anything about its effects in the meant time?"

Morden hadn't stopped looking at Naild, even when Caden began speaking again. He shook himself out of that stupor and cleared his throat, "We cannot, unfortunately, but it does indeed explain a good deal. We need to redouble our efforts to help Chastianna and Nathan recover their magic. I am sorry Naild. I know their pain will eventually become yours as well, once your powers fully manifest. Animal magic is a great gift but it also carries the companion curse as well. Any creatures closeby in pain will communicate that pain to you."

Naild nodded, "I do not mind...it will help me focus on what is important." And keep his mind off his mother's welfare. "Is there a book I can read? Something to help me learn about this?"

Morden smiled, "Ask Alna...there should be one in the seer's room." Once Naild left he glanced at the two men, "Do you know how many generations it has been since any of us has been gifted with animal magic?" He shook his head thinking the Glen had chosen well. "The last was our Great grandfather, Nathan. So now...let us begin to unlock your magical core...I warn you...this is not going to be pleasant. Helena's magic will try to prevent it."

Varen slept deeply and in complete stillness, almost as if he were hibernating or near death. Such was his body's regenerative process when he suffered injuries of the nature he'd experienced yesterday, however, after a good night of sleep he'd be completely restored. His stillness could be unnerving to anyone who didn't understand what was going on though.

Aldin sat by her bed watching her rest, waiting patiently for her to waken naturally. He knew that was the best way, and had the least side affects. He noticed her frowning in her sleep as if she was having a bad dream and fought the urge to wake her up to spare her but he knew that sometimes memory returned in such a way. He wanted her to recover, but he also was afraid of it. Would he lose his only friend once those memories of her other life returned? He was fairly certain he would. There was no way a woman like Oralie was alone in this world or any other. His heart tightened in his chest. He should keep his distance and stay safe, but he knew it was almost too late already. Her eyes fluttered open and he smiled at the beauty of them. "Good morning...are you hungry?"

Chastianna made Gavin jar back to reality.. He'd been questioning his past, and what his mother had said; that he almost missed what she'd said... "No... You won't fail, if anything that'll probably be my department- so far you're doing great at the magic stuff... we'll be fine." He told her with a smile as he returned to the main throne room. He stood where she was, also feeling close to her- but he saw Caden and Niald talking... had he just witnessed the young lad controlling a venomous snake? He let the two discuss the evil queen's dark magic, and other strategies... Not really sure what he was supposed to be doing either.

Lauranna grinned at Caden's over protectiveness and kissed his cheek as he went back inside.. "I suppose I'd best go see what I can help with too, but please feel free to call me if you need anything. It's so good to at least have you here, out of those swamps. We'll figure everything out together." She assured him. Then, bidding him goodnight, she went back to the palace to see what needed to be done. Caden and Niald were talking, so was everyone else, already in groups. On a whim of feeling sort of out of place, she stood by Gavin, who's feelings seemed to match her own. "Prince Rook is down for the night... Is there anything you two need?" She asked him. He shook his head smiling... "Nope... so far things seem under control..." Gavin assured her with a nod.

Nathan was at last, clearing his mind, and ready to concentrate on opening his magic core... He braced himself though, hearing it would cause quite a lot of intense pain, and worried as well for both Chastianna and Niald... theirs would probably hurt more than his own, so he'd be prepared to lend them strength if necessary. He was still waiting for Morden, or anyone, instruct him how to do this.

Rebecca gasped, just as a clear, strong vision came across her mind- so fast she almost stopped stirring the cauldron! "It's... a man... he's huge... Alna...6'2! Really wide shoulders... almost bear-like in appearance... brown hair, mean looking black eyes..... a scar across one cheek... He hit... He hit Serena with a branch... then goaded the attackers to hurt her as much as they could... he kept calling her names..." Rebecca couldn't repeat what those names were... many of them made her sick to think about... Gods... poor Serena... she almost couldn't see anymore through a wave of icy-tears she kept trying to hide.~ She felt so dizzy... she'd had so many visions that day, but they wouldn't stop... In that agonizing moment she -was- Serena, held down by numerous hands, blocked from any escape routes... then punched, kicked, smashed in the back of her head so hard it was amazing she didn't have skull fractures... her ribs bruised... her arm broken... so much pain.. .then blackness... cool, soothing blackness.. It started dragging Rebecca further down, until her own eyes rolled, then her body collapsed.. unable to even wake. That vision was almost scarier than when she'd seen the dark swamps!

Jasmine dreamed,...she was galloping happily on the beach with her family... her father was teasing her, calling her Jameela, just as Varen had done that night... it was so good to see his face, so clearly! His deep strong voice assuring her they'd always be a family.... always be together... how sad it had been when they disappeared... they just weren't there anymore.......

Oralie blinked, several times, tears frozen on her lashes... what a powerful dream... but it faded almost as soon as she sat up, and she smiled, almost apologetically as she woke up fully. "Food does sound good... How are you? Did you get any rest?" She asked, worried that he was staying up far too late watching over her and not tending to his own needs! She didn't want to prevent him from doing what he needed as well... she felt glad that dream was gone. Honestly all it did was create pain and sadness...and more confusion to her damaged memories.

Chastianna huffed a bit, "You my friend are being kind and not logical. I have never used magic before and every time I try I end up buzzing someone with a full jolt load of whatever...and I can't seem to make it happen on purpose or stop it once it does. THAT is not good..but it's sweet of you to ay though." She frowned a bit, "I feel bad for Rook...trapped...how horrible for his own mother to do such a thing to him..." She thought she saw a huge snake slither under a bush, but shook it off. They entered the throne room and she smiled when Lauranna joined them, "Just need a way to practice that won't involve hurting someone." She grimaced looking at Gavin, "I didn't hurt you did I?" She wondered though...if that big offload hadn't hurt him, maybe he could help her practice...

Rook bowed his head, ~ Please, do not worry about my Highness. I will be fine.~ He watched them all leave and folded his large limbs over themselves and laid his head upon them. He'd been alone in that cave for so long it was nice to have someone to talk to again.

~So...you think to betray me, son?~

His head shot up and he looked around hunching his back expecting a whip to land there. Once he realized he was alone and that it was merely her vice he felt his indignation rise. ~I believe it was YOU who betrayed me...'Mother'~

~YOu always did have a small mind and no vision for the big picture. Don't you see how everything is coming together? Soon I will rule the entirety of the fae nation, all three races will bow before me...and you will be heir to that legacy....~

Rook shook his head, ~I see everything coming together, but not as you see it. I see your destruction and the end of your madness and a bright future for all fae. Time will tell which vision of the future is fact and which is delusion...until that time...'mother'...enjoy your cell~

Helena raged in her cell at her son's words and her magic became entirely focused on him as she poured all her hatred and evil into him.

Rook had steeled himself for the onslaught. Pain ripped through his body like a white hot poker but he remained still and unresponsive. Her magic was not as effective on the denizens of the dark forest, so he could withstand the urge to violence, but the pain was not something he could eliminate or block.

Morden watched Nathan prepare himself and then he rose and placed his hands onto his head, "Try not to think about anything, but follow where I lead..." He wasn't inside Nathan's mind as Alna had done, but instead he was leading Nathan's spirit on a journey outside himself. He'd feel as if he were floating during the trip. Morden did not attempt to speak during the trip or at all really, only led Nathan through door after door. Some were easily opened, others were barred with chains and thorny vines. As Morden unlocked the chains, Nathan would feel a stabbing pain in his head and possibly nausea as well. When he chopped the vines away there would be a tearing feeling as if being stabbed or clawed, and the journey continued. Morden was shocked at how many levels of magic were blocking Nathan's memories and magic, but he was determined to continue until they reached the core...or until Nathan passed out...whichever came first.

Naild had left the group to find Alna and the book Morden had informed him she would ahve. As he entered the room he heard Rebecca speaking about what had happened to his mother and he frowned, deeply upset by the picture she painted. He was so involved in that mental image he almost missed her swaying and saying she felt dizzy, but he stepped up to her and wrapped his arms around her from behind to steady her, "I am here..." he whispered as he held her. He knew there was nothing else he could do until the vision totally left her, but he was glad he was there to prevent her from collapsing to the floor.

Alna listened and jotted down the description, "I believe I know this man...Rowan...he is a hunter and tanner..." He was also a cruel and violent sort of man, but they had needed his ability to hunt and provide meet while they were in exile away from the Glen. Now however it seemed his mind was too easily swayed for safety sake. Who would he harm next? What could Helena use him to do? She shuddered to think honestly. She looked at Naild, "You have very good timing young man...did you seek us out for a reason?" Naild explained what he wanted and she looked at him, "You can speak with the animals?" When he nodded she blinked in surprise but then smiled widely, "That means that the Glen approves of us and what we are doing. This is great news indeed!" She felt victory and courage rise inside her at last. They would be successful in defeating Helena, the Glen was helping them to do so bit by bit, and sending them an army to do so. She rose and grabbed the book, "This will help you...but know young one...this will not be a painless process."

Naild nodded, "Morden warned me as well. I am not afraid of pain..." But as he spoke he was hit so hard by what felt like the blow of a great sword to his back that the wind was knocked out of his lungs and he staggered back until he hit the wall, still with Rebecca in his arms. His eyes glazed over with pain and the groan that left his body was gut wrenching to hear. He could not even speak for the pain he was experiencing. His magical powers though were in full force. Five spiders dropped down and began to weave a web that spelled out his message. *Rook...attacked*

Alna ran to the throne room leaving Rebecca to care for Naild. "Caden...Helena is attacking the dragon...Naild is near to falling over..." She should have addressed Caden as king but they had too long used their given names for her to think of such a formality in a time of urgency. She looked over and saw Morden and Nathan locked in a trance and she frowned. That was a good thing, but perhaps bad timing. "You must all go to him and see what you can do..."

Chastianna grabbed Gavin's arm, "NO....she has hurt him enough!" Before she could stop it her magic once again flared up and both glowed for a second before she off loaded into Gavin. Seeing her hand she pulled back and released him, "Oh no..Gavin...are you ok?" Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she ran out of the room and through the garden. When she reached Rook she grabbed onto his face and shook her head, "NO MORE!!" she hoped the flare would come. her hands did glow, but not like when she touched Gavin. That flash though just before her magic exploded into him was powerful, and Gave Rook a sense of calm serenity.

Helena felt the backlash and was staggered by it. Who was this then? Chasitanna? How had she survived? The string of obscenities that echoed in her cell was long and heated.

Caden grabbed hold of Lauranna's hand and looked at Gavin, "You ok?" As he moved past him to follow Chastianna with Lauranna in tow. He dearly wished they knew how to open the amulets, but he knew it was dangerous to attempt it. He saw Chastianna holding onto Rook with both hands and her magic was helping the dragon, he could tell. "Well..she seems to be getting the hang of it..." he looked at Lauranna and smiled, "You did good...maybe you can help her? I'll watch over you both and make sure neither of you overdoes it."

Aldin nodded, "I did rest, thank you. I am not healing, so I only require the normal amount of sleep..." He handed her a platter of fruit and a baked biscuit with some jam on it as well as two eggs. "I wish I could offer more, but I need to hunt and make more salted pork." It was part of what he'd been doing in the forest when he'd come upon her. "It can wait though...I"ll go fishing in a bit, once your hair is washed and you are comfortable and we can have that for dinner..." he frowned then, "Unless you don't like fish..then I'll check the traps..." he made a face, "I should ask before assuming I know what you want and need....sorry."

Rebecca was still dizzy... but she fought it, pushing the blackness away and focusing only on Niald and Solvana, she had to help.. she couldn't be useless and wilty! "Yes... Tanner is his name...and his main accomplices are Cindy, Agatha and Bryan... all of them have their reasons to be against Serena... they told her... it was her fault that Robert was killed in the first place... that... she didn't deserve to be with Morden or have anyone good in her life... " She burrowed her face in her hands, resting against Niald.... so grateful for his support! "Niald.. what they said next about you isn't true, do you hear me? You are no bastard... you had a good father... ... if anyone's a bastard I am.. I never met my father... except in that weird time line... but... they called you a no-brain, daft, loser of a kid who'd never amount to anything.. " She refused to spill out the rest of the vision however.. it was so cruel... so heartless, she couldn't think. Then she heard Prince Rook was being attacked.... her mind filled with anger.. how dare Helena attack him! Wasn't she doing enough damage in her cell simply by existing!? She thought hard about Helena suddenly losing air... unable to breath... Gee wouldn't that be a pity if she fell over... .if only!

Laurana smiled and helped Chastianna guide her magic, especially away from Gavin, who owed in pain, but didn't fuss. He was almost getting used to the zaps! He figured they were friendly hellos' or something and didn't think too much of it... "I'm okay- keep helping Prince Rook, you've got this," He told her, through gritted teeth. Damnit.. what was it with this woman and zapping him! oww...! He ignored the pain however, and concentrated on also helping Prince Rook... calmly, he focused on a large, brilliant white-silvery shield over the dragon; settling over him like a giant bubble or shawl... keeping Helena or mommy-dearest out of the poor guys' mind! He felt his own magic increasing, and prayed he was successful in blocking at least Helena from attacking Prince Rook! Laurana felt Gavin's magic working and smiled, adding extra energy to boost the shield now around the dragon. "It's working Gavin, Chastianna- you're boosting his magic! Good work both of you!" She encouraged. If only there was a book now, on how to open the amulets! Then they could make more progress.

Nathan indeed felt nauseated at first.... but then those feelings shifted into a dark, dimly lit tunnel of rooms upon rooms in his mind.. most doors were locked, viney and chained... others were free, wide opened since his memories were starting to return.... at the core of his mind and soul.... a brilliant dazzling white-hot and blue-topaz light shone... his core magic... but it was in a different room- this room was definitely barred with all manners of locks, traps and even a jolt of electricity to whoever tried to touch it! Only one person would ever be able to press it open... and it wasn't Morden or himself.... God he couldn't catch a break today.... he felt ill, the void tugging at him just as Rebecca felt herself falling into too many visions that day.... he couldn't help anyone..... he could barely stand this... Pain flared in his brain every time the vines were cut... but it was worth it... he would let Morden keep at it, as long as necessary.. though he did apologize to Morden silently... for the painful memories of his capture. Those were possibly avoidable...if he went another direction.~

Oralie smiled and ate all of her breakfast.., and it was delicious! Something about having such wonderful, organic food made everything better. "Oh fish is wonderful, I know I like it. And do not fret too much about what I eat- I'm not a picky eater....I wish I could go fishing with you, but I'll probably just rest here while you are out. My hair ... I definitely would love to have it washed and please tell me if there is anything I can help with." She said, taking a drink of water. She must definitely be healing... she felt more energetic today than yesterday! Maybe it was the atmosphere... or the beauty surrounding her... or just being around Aldin... she couldn't explain why she felt so much happier.~ And hopeful~

Once Alna saw Caden and Lauranna leave to see to the dragon she ran back to the seer's room and began to scour the tomes on the shelves. "come on come on come on..." her voice muttered as she scanned title after title running her finger along the spines as she did so. Finally she found it and ripped it off the shelf and turned quickly to the table to begin looking for the amulets. She looked up and swa naild's pale form as he held onto Rebecca. She heard the girl's voice and words and frowned, "Never listen to any words that come from someone who is being controlled by another magically...never." She tapped on the table, "Rebecca...grab the bottle on the bottom shelf with the bluish liquid in it. Naild is going to pas out if we don't get him some relief for the pain..." She went back to the book to scan the pages. She dearly wished these books were organized better, but they were written by hand and things were added as they appeared and were studied. She was praying to any ancient that would hear for the amulets to be close to the front of the book.

Naild was being bombarded with conflicting feeds from Rook. There was the onslaught from Helena, and then the sudden and unexpected influx of Chastianna's magic. There was relief with that sudden blast but it hit him like a sucker punch and he doubled over, nearly toppling both himself and Rebecca in the process. "Uuuugghhh...." he groaned and grabbed hold of his head with both hands.

Chastianna continued to flow magic into Prince Rook. She felt anger towards Helena well up inside her and as the magnitude of it grew she felt her magic becoming stronger and more focused. She felt Gavin's magic as well as they worked to protect Rook, and she could tell his was stronger too. She did not look at Lauranna and didn't even acknowledge her encouragement though she appreciated it. She was afraid to look away and lose that focus she'd found.

Rook was in agony, much like Naild who was feeling everything he was feeling. He felt like his head was splitting open, until Chastianna's full blast of magic hit him. He was stunned by it, and gasped for breath, but he almost immediately felt a wave of relief flow through him. Once Gavin added his shield, he was able to breath a bit easier. He was still on the ground but he was not fighting for every breath.

Caden saw the two working together and nodded his approval. There was an interesting glow to Gavin as he formed that shield almost like shimmering water in the brightest of sunlight. Interesting. He'd have to ask Morden about that as well. He was keeping close tabs on everything and everyone trying not to use too much of his own reserves in case this took a turn for the worst.

Helena was lying on the floor of her little black cell spitting mad. Her son's betrayal still a harsh sting to her soul, but to have Chastianna be part of this as well was too much. How dare that child think she could defy her elder? NO...it was time to remind that one who Helena was. She rose and sent out her feelers until she locked onto Chastianna's core. She made a fist with her hand and began to squeeze tightly.

Chastianna gasped loudly and fell to her knees as her hands gripped tightly to her chest. She was only able to maintaint hat position for a second before she fell sideways and lay curled in a ball as tears fell from her eyes. The gray haze of pain and the slight bluing of lack of oxygen had already begun to show as her eyes closed and she fell limp.

Caden growled and vanished when he saw Chastianna fall. He appeared behind Helena in her cell and his own large hands wrapped around the older woman's neck. He was not merciful, or gentle. His voice echoed in the room like the growl of a lion seconds before it devoured its prey. "Stop or forfeit your life with her." His fingers were dug deeply into the flesh of her neck and she could no longer breathe.

Helena released the fist and let her hand fall. "As you wish...for now."

Caden immediately disappeared from behind her and was once again next to Rook. He moved to Chastianna where Lauranna was already working to help. "She should be able to breathe now..." he said as he shook his hands to rid them of the tension.

Morden attempted to open the barred entrance to Nathan's core, but he was forcibly thrown back from it. Cursing he moved around the area looking for another way in. He was sure there would be something Helena had overlooked, a way she would not have considered. His mind flashed with inspiration. Sovalna...Helena would not have known to protect the core from another love. ~Brother...I believe Sovalna is the key that Helena has not forseen. Send for her...she can find the weakness.~

Aldin smiled as she ate heartily. It was a relief to see her appetite growing and to hear a bit more strength in her voice. "I will not be gone long...I have traps and special holes where fishing is almost too easy and over too fast. Today I will be glad of it though." Usually he was looking for ways to fill the endless hours of aching loneliness, but now he was hoping to finish his chores quickly and be back. "I will wash your hair before I head out, not to worry....and you need to focus on resting and allowing your body to heal. You do not need to worry about helping me, at least not until you are fully healed. Your arm especially needs more time." He dragged over a large basin and began filling it with hot water from the stove that he'd been heating there. "This should work..." he said as he glanced over at her. "If you lie on the bed nearer the top I believe I can wash your hair without causing you any discomfort." That was his plan at any rate.

Laurana ended up feeling -everyones- pain, especially Chastianna's! She did her best to send incredible, strong waves of healing to everyone in the palace, as well as Prince Rook, Chastianna, even Niald, Rebecca, Morden, Nathan-- she didn't miss a single person, though it was draining. She drew more energy from the earth, from the sky itself, to replenish herself. But wielding that kind of power with her growing baby, also put her at certain risk. She looked at Caden when he returned from Helena's cell. "Put me there- Caden.. she doesn't deserve to live anymore... I want her at least in a coma or some sort of position where she can do no more harm!" Tears threatened Laurana's eyes, but she held them back, and kept sending out waves of healing, reviving energy, non-stop!

"Niald, no!" Rebecca cried, holding him and dragging him over to Alna's side. She was trying to find books, and Rebecca was so lost, so confused. She followed Alna's instructions exactly, grabbing the blue bottle. "Do I give this to him to drink?" She asked her, trying to focus on the tasks and trying to figure a way to solve all the problems that were happening.

Gavin felt so many energy blasts to his head he about blacked out as well! Well damn! Fantastic... he was getting blasted by Chastianna one moment, then the next she was on the ground, clenching her chest. He dropped to the ground next to her and held her, trying to see if she'd be okay and if she was conscious... "Caden... please...... if there's a way to put Helena out of commission...anything... please tell us... you've been the only one in and out of her cell so far... what can we do?" He asked.

Nathan spiraled into a dark void.....something seemed to yank him further down without anyone being aware of it.... Alna.. he heard Morden say Alna's name.... <Alna... love... can you come to Morden and myself please...?> He called softly, not wanting to disrupt her in whatever she was doing, yet sensing it was urgent she appeared soon..... He felt more sick and dizzy now that so many doors were rejecting Morden.. he couldn't imagine the pain his poor brother was going through! <Sorry Morden...> He added. His skin was ash-pale, cold and his eyes were closed.

Oralie thanked Aldin. His hands were gentle as he washed her long hair. From dusty brown to lighter blonde the colors shone through, and she noticed the golden highlights appearing as well... interesting. So she was a blonde. She mentally shrugged, enjoying the sensation of her scalp being massaged.... then all of her hair being rinsed as well.. "That felt wonderful, thank you Aldin... I will be fine while you are out. I'll probably sit still and rest... Don't worry too much about me while you take care of your errands." She added, thankful her hair was now a shinning wave of gold, rather than the dirt-brown from so much mud and dust!

Caden touched her cheek and wiped the tears from her eyes, "No love...we cannot defeat her yet...I am not sending anyone there until we can." He'd taken a great risk in going there alone and he knew it, there was no way Laurana was going there. "I think you can relax a bit ...she has relented for the moment." He knew it wouldn't be for long, but he also knew he'd made his point.

Alna nodded, "Yes give him a large spoonful," she said as she flipped another page. her eyes were burning through pages looking for the amulets, she was trying not to focus on other details or get bogged down on pages that weren't what she was looking for at that moment. Flip, flip, flip, flip, flip. Ten more pages were scanned before she found what she was looking for and her eyes devoured the pages. "Damn it..." She growled as she held the page and dashed out of the room, once again leaving Rebecca to tend to Naild.

She raced to where Morden and Nathan were. As she ran to them for her own reasons, she heard Nathan's faint voice calling to her and she ran even faster. She entered the room and saw them both in a trance-like state and cursed under her breath yet again. She assumed correctly that Morden had taken them into the state and she touched his arm while holding onto Nathan's hand. Kneeling between the two she let her conscious mind join with theirs. She followed the twisting turning path and made her way through the slashed vines and opened locks. She found them at the final lock and she saw Nathan being pulled away from it into what seemed to be a dark cell opposite it. She grabbed his arm and pulled him back and put him next to Morden who was still slightly stunned. She could see a blaze of light from the chamber where Nathan's core was being held. It seemed odd to her that such a huge gap would be there but she raced toward it and slipped inside. She saw the lock from inside the chamber and touched it. Her only thought as she did so was to free Nathan from this bondage and allow him to live as he should. Her love for him seemed to explode from ehr chest as she reached out and touched the lock. It recoiled and fell to ashes freeing the blinking core to fill the entirety of the halls until every inch of his being was reclaimed. The freeing of his core blew all of them out of the trance state and into their bodies.

Morden gasped when they were ejected to forcefully from the trance but otherwise he was fine. "Are you both well? I knew you were the key...though Helena would not have known that there was someone who's love could blast her spell from Nathan's mind..." He looked at Nathan concerned, "Are you ok?"

Alna too gasped but she instantly remembered the book. "I found the amulets..." she said quickly as she put the book in Morden's hands. "I do not understand this language...do you?"

Morden looked at it and shook his head, "No...but perhaps the dragon does....or even Caden or Lauranna..." He stood then holding his place in the book, "Tend to him..I will see what we can find out about this page..." He made his way tot eh garden and saw Chastianna on the ground lookign very pale. "What happened here?" he asked as he went to her and touched her. His magic power was nothing to scoff at and he could tell her heart was damaged. He reached inside her and healed the muscle. He dared not attempt more until she had a chance to accept what he'd already done bodily. He stayed by her side and looked up at Caden, "Do any of you recognize this language??"

Caden looked at the page and shook his head, "No...but those are the amulets...aren't they?"

Rook's head perked up and he huffed out some warm air over the group, ~May I see?~ he asked and frowned. ~It is not the ancient black fae language as I'd hoped. Sorry~

Aldin took his time washing her hair. It was so soft and as it became more and more clean he could see the glistening highlights and golden hues of it. Finally he could not justify his lingering and rinsed her hair and dried it a bit with a towel before taking a brush to it for her as well. "You have lovely hair, it was my pleasure to attend to it for you. I should not be gone long...would you like to sit on the balcony again?"

Laurana knew Caden would be mad later, but no, she couldn't ease up- that vile woman would see to it as a weakness or challenge if the pain of her victims was lessened! She continued pulsing out the magic, though she did ease it a bit so Caden might think she was backing down a little. That however, simply was not her way, and she wanted Helena to understand as well, this was her beloved family- all of them!- and she wasn't intending to lose a single person. The waves of energy continued to drift throughout the palace, touching each person hurting, helping Morden heal Chastianna, then Niald, and even Alna as best she could. She gazed at the language of the book, but also couldn't read it. Damn! She needed to study languages from now on if she was going to be more useful.

Gavin watched as Chastianna slowly seemed to recover, he thanked Morden, then took a glance at the book.. Strange... he understood every word! "Huh. You all need glasses- look.. it's a fae language, clear as day." He studied it closer. "Unlocking the amulets, the four royal family members -must- combine their energy cores, link them as one, and pour both love and compassion into the amulets. Evil hates kindness, darkness repels and is repelled by-- " Here he had to tilt the book just a tad, squinting. "Is repelled by light. The polar opposition is ancient, but it is uncharacteristic of either to stand to be near the other for long... Enough energy and love would be possible to open and fill the amulets... Along with a vile of golden fae-blood. Preferably a royal." Here Gavin snorted, showing his doubts. "A royal... oh good luck pointing those out." He handed the book back to Morden, not really sure why he could read the language and they could not. ... in some ways he was as dense as a brick wall!

Rebecca, alone, helped Niald drink the potion. She wished so very much that she was a healer like Laurana and Caden.. She could feel Laurana's energy all around the palace; if she didn't cease she'd black out again! It was up to her to at least try her best to get at least one of them back on their feet! Ignoring everything else, she held Niald close, unconcerned for the tears streaming down her face. "Niald... hold on..... please.." She didn't even know it, but a soft, cool breeze had built up around her, and was swirling both their hair and clothes gently. She was away from the windows, no one could see either of them, but she definitely felt an odd sensation- something was starting to click inside her.... or maybe unlock...? She wasn't sure... she just wanted to help Niald.~

Nathan convulsed once, when Alna broke through and freed him from that dark place Helena had dragged him to! He fell over, but was at peace, breathing steadily. His air increased as time passed; as well as his strength...and his magic core was now wide-open. It formed a brilliant aura of silvery-blue, with gold flecks all around him. Opening his eyes, he saw it briefly.. .then focused only on Alna! "Love... are you alright? What you did just now... that was incredible... but surely it took a lot out of you. I am sorry.." He remembered everything as well, but helped Alna into his arms as he let healing energy flow into her continuously, giving back the majority of energy she had used on him.

Oralie practically fell asleep as he washed her hair so thoroughly! It felt amazing, having her natural hair back, and she was grateful.. "I think that was the best hair wash I probably ever had... thank you Aldin.. and yes... I think time outside will do me good... I'll watch the trees and the lake for a while.. " She assured him. She sat up, letting the towel continue to dry her hair naturally. Her arm didn't hurt so bad today, so she would be fine by herself a while.~

Jasmine woke early, then nuzzled Varen gently. "Morning, love... I sense all kinds of currents and new powers... we should go see if we are needed today at the palace... or do you need another day of rest?" She asked kindly, rising to her feet gracefully. She sensed more chaos ahead.....

Caden knew his wife better than she realized and he smirked a bit at her 'easing' and began filling her with power from his own core. He heard Gavin and blinked.

Rook as well looked at the young man and though he was a dragon a smile was definitely seen on his face. ~He can read it...perhaps I was right...~

Caden then looked at Rook, "Right about what?"

"When I first saw the two together I remembered that Mother and Hannah were planning to steal the golden children...the two heirs to the throne...mother never mentioned it so I had thought they had been unsuccessful...however...that has to be a golden fae text and if none of you can read it but he can...then he is a golden...I was given to understand that only royals learned the ancient fae languages...~

Morden looked at Gavin and tipped his head a bit. "For the love of the ancients! I am a fool!!" He gripped Gavin's arm a bit too tightly in his excitement, "You are the lost goldens....we must send word..." But as soon as he said it his expression changed, "If there is anyone left to send a message to..." Helena and Hannah had wiped out almost all the white fae, all but three of the dark fae and possible had some the same to the golden. He had no idea. What he did know was that there had been no contact from the goldens in all the time he'd held Helena prisoner here in the glen. He returned his gaze back to Gavin and held eye contact, "You should be able to sense if there are any others of your kind anywhere in the glen...just as we can sense our own."

Chastianna felt the tightness easing and her breathing returning to normal. She was grateful for the help but she felt horrible having to pull their energies away from destroying Helena. When she heard Gavin's voice speaking and reading she turned her head a bit to watch him. He did not hesitate, or stammer in his reading. No, he had been educated and he was eloquent in his delivery of the text. She agree with Rook, only royals were allowed such knowledge of ancient writing. Her hand touched his arm gently and she gave it a weak squeeze, "You are a royal...I knew there was more to you than meets the eye..." Her voice was soft and her speech labored but there was a small curl to her lips as she spoke.

Alna held onto Nathan and shook her head, "I am fine....what I did was nothing..." It wasn't a lie totally. She felt like she'd been hit by a tree but that was a very small price to pay for Nathan to be totally free. "How are you? can you feel it now?"

Naild could feel Rook's pain easing and he too was able to breathe much easier. "His mother was trying to kill him..." He said when he was finally able to speak. He held both her hands in his and kissed them, "Thank you..." He whispered and reached one of his hands up to touch her face and brush away the tears, "You are always there when I need you..."

Varen smiled when he heard her voice in the morning. He'd been slowly coming back to himself for a bit, and was just lying there until he heard her stirring. "I am well Jameela," he said and then kissed her softly before she moved too far away. "I am however...starving...my healing trance does restore me but it saps my resources ... I am going to need quite a large breakfast..." He rose and moved over to her and let his hand run through the hair of her mane, "Thank you for staying...I was greatly eased knowing you were here."

Gavin blinked, several times... then helped Chastianna stand, getting her a glass of iced-tea to drink, he kept her steady as he stared at Morden.... then sighed warily, looking at the palace, knowing Rebecca too, was a Golden...~ "Then Hannah and Helena had extra help..." He took a deep breath, clenching his heart and mind against memories that he had surpressed... "That woman Sheena, who was supposedly Rebecca's mother this whole time.. could not have been our mother at all...I was about 3 when she and that husband of hers locked me in the cabin in the swamps... she said something that stuck with me all my life- but I didn't think of it since I never saw her again..." He thought a moment. "She said, there- that's the last of the Golden Fae. I stabbed the other one with a poison dagger- Helena's orders have been carried out..." He finished, gravely. If he was a golden, then it was pretty obvious his half sister Rebecca was too. He looked at Morden again with a small smile. "Also- ow." He indicated his arm that was being death grip-held!

Laurana smiled at Caden for sending her extra energy, but now she was focused mostly on Chastianna and getting her sister stabilized and well. She listened as Gavin explained what had happened in his childhood, and of course it all made sense..."When Rebecca and Niald were in the future timeline... Sheena had stabbed Rebecca as well, with the intent to kill the king--- but it failed, thankfully she and Niald were able to come back unharmed... This is all falling into place now- Gavin, I'm sorry you've had such a tragic past- you and Rebecca do have so much in common..... Shall go tell her?" She asked.

"I hate Helena...she's trying to kill everyone..." Rebecca said with anguish in her eyes as she helped Niald to sit more comfortably against her. "And of course I'll never leave your side, Niald... you've been there for me since we first met..." She added, squeezing his hand gently... Suddenly, it felt overly warm in the room... and the swirl of air still surrounded her. "Air... make it cooler please. .. . water... please form a glass of ice-water for Niald to drink.." She said quietly. Two things happened at once- a gentle, but strong cold breeze flowed through the palace, and to her surprise, the glass of water formed seemingly from nowhere! Or had their been moisture some place? She didn't know ... .she just felt happy she had some powers that were useful! "Here Niald... just take it easy for a while." She told him with a smile.

Jasmine smiled at Varen at his sweet words... "I am glad to hear that. I will help make a good breakfast for us. Coffee?" She inquired, kissing him gently. She hugged him a moment, then move over to the stove and preparing a great meal: Scrambled eggs, french toast, sausage, and coffee for the two of them. She would definitely see to it that he fully recovered!

Morden listened and then blinked before releasing the boy's arm, "Sorry...can you sense anyone else?" He listened to Lauranna and nodded, "Forgive me, of course you want to go and speak with your sister...I dare say she will be relieved to know Sheena was not her mother."

Caden was nodding as well, "Indeed. Though all of this only makes Helena and Hannah's betrayal all the more insidious. They not only intended to cripple the white fae but all three races and enslave the survivors. Such a plan cannot remain unpunished, and we must do our best to find any remaining golden fae as well. All of us should live in harmony here in the glen and forge a future without such animosity."

Naild watched her and listened. "Something is waking in you...just like it had in me. Maybe these things happen at a certain age?" He was making theories from what he'd observed but they were all conjecture since he hadn't ever had the opportunity to learn about magic or anything of that nature since he wasn't a royal. He looked at the glass of water and smiled, "That is amazing Rebecca...thank you."

Varen smiled, "Coffee would be most welcome, but I mostly need food." He leaned heavily against the counter as his stomach rumbled loudly in protest. "Forgive me...that will likely happen all day." He devoured the food about as fast as she cooked it and even had third helpings of everything. He looked apologetic, "I told you..."

Alna held onto Nathan and was searching his eyes for signs of pain or distress. "How are you feeling? Do you think you can walk yet?"

Aldin carried Oralie to the chair on the balcony and then left to do what he had to do. He spent the entire morning fishing, gathering fruit and nuts, and checking his few traps he had placed here and there. He returned at lunch time with seven fish, a rabbit, six crabs, pineapple, mangos, berries and almonds. He sloughed the basked off his back and began to unload his 'goodies'. He prepared lunch for the two of them and went out to the balcony, "I hope you weren't too lonely..." he smiled as he placed her food on the small stand beside the chair. "I hope you like ham sandwiches...I have a lot of salted pork from a boar I trapped not too long ago. It is what I usually eat for lunch." He poured her a glass of water from a large pitcher and set it by her, "I found a treat in one of my traps...crabs...so we can have a nice dinner tonight."

Gavin smiled lightly at Morden... "Rebecca... is the only other Golden for now... " He replied, then for some reason, he felt Rebecca's abilities growing- through the palace walls! Maybe his own powers were activating... might have something to do with all those head blasts, he mused to himself... "She's well... but she's tending to Niald... He can feel Rook's pain intensely...." He added, "Her powers are awakening as well... they're a relief to her... she felt absolutely useless as "only a seer" which is silly because that is an important gift too." He scratched his head, then sighed ... "But you're right-- I should go see what they're up to..." He added, taking the hint and going back inside the palace. "Chastianna- be careful... don't strain yourself too much after that attack.." He warned, before going to look for Rebecca.He found Alna and Nathan first, then loaned both of them more energy, to help them recover faster.~

Laurana took Chastianna to the side... "Are you alright? We can find a way to supress Helena.. We don't have to push you any further. You got attacked pretty badly." She asked, sending more healing and calming energies to her half-sister. She was worried plenty about everything!

Jasmine laughed, then managed to whip up a whole plate of eggs, bacon, sausage, even biscuits and gravy just for Varen. "Well then, better eat all this, I'll make extra if I need to!" She said, happy to stay busy and being able to take care of his needs. She made the same breakfast for herself, and turned the stove off, bringing her own plate to the table. Everything was delicious, and the milk was cold, as well as the iced tea.

Nathan smiled at Alna, so glad she was there with him, and thankful Gavin had sent him an extra jolt... "Yes. I can... I think I'll be alright. Are you okay?" He asked, standing slowly, relieved to find no dizzyness or anymore barriers of his own mind... He helped Alna to her feet, making sure she was steady.

Rebecca looked up when Gavin approached them, and smiled at her brother.. until she noticed the look on his face of one pure bewilderment and worry.. "Gavin.. is everyone alright? How's Prince Rook?" She asked, worriedly. "Everyone's fine.. Caden managed to subdue Helena, but right now we're trying to unlock the amulets... Er.. speaking of.. Rebecca could you come outside? Niald.... I have something to tell her... and it's completely up to her if she wants you knowing right now.." Rebecca's eyes widened, but she helped Niald to his feet, very gently... "Of course, he can know....we share everything." She added, helping him out of the palace, she did find the three of them benches to sit on. "Okay.... I'm ready." She said. She was was she? Gavin smiled a little sadly.... He hated that she'd been through so much pain and suffering.... and that he wouldn't have any real answers to give her once this was out in the open... but ...better now than never.. "So that woman Sheena.... who raised you... but obviously failed horrendously as a mother......... " He paused, then looked right into her vivid blue eyes..."She wasn't our mom... Turns out, she was part of the evil scheme of Helena's and Hannah's... sent by them to destroy us. . . .we're not like the rest of the white fae here... We're... Golden Fae... and believe me, I don't know anymore than that about it... but hopefully someday soon, we'll have answers- to who our parents were... if they're even alive.... or... what happened. But right now, this is probably more than you should ever have to process by yourself..... so I'm here if you need to talk." Stunned...that's how Rebecca felt... The woman who'd she'd called mother all her life....wasn't? What the hell? ? And she wasn't even a white fae at all...but Golden..??? How many kinds of fae were there? "Learn something new every day..." She said weakly... "Thank you Gavin, for telling me; I won't worry too much about it... I just need some time to process this, as you said... and I will... but um... you said something about the amulets? Has there been a way to unlock them?" He nodded, admiring her skills of holding herself together, when... while he was accustomed to no one caring about him, he had always dealt with abandonment and isolation his whole life... He was really happy she didn't have to! She'd been taken care of, much better- by Niald, and everyone else here... no wonder she was such a strong girl. "Yes. I read the translation of some ancient Fae text, and the amulets need a little of our blood, along with the Royal Family's Magic Cores.... Nathan's been awakened... so I think once he joins us out here, we'll be able to get right to it." Rebecca steeled herself, but nodded. "Of course. ... " She'd help any way she could to stop Helena... gods.. how much damage had that woman done... to all of them?! She found two glass viles, for both of them. "Okay... I'll just make a small cut on my arm... No worries.." She used a dagger then, cutting carefully, not too deep, or too long- just enough to squeese the blood out, and filled up the vile, topping it with the crystal lid. She wiped the dagger off on the grass. "Your turn." She said, handing the dagger to Gavin, who also took it, cut the skin from his right arm, then also filled the empty vile, and placing the lid on when finished. "There....We're still talking to Prince Rook, if you'd like to join us." Gavin added. She nodded.. "Be there in a minute... want to make sure Niald's going to be alright." Rebecca replied. He nodded, gave another sad, apologetic smile, then returned to Prince Rook and the rest of the group, carrying both viles... words failed him for the moment... so much was going on, he couldn't even really keep up.... he just hoped, like Rebecca did.. that there would be more answers.

Oralie loved the view of the lake below her... She enjoyed swaying lightly in the breeze on the vine-chair; and was happy when Aldin returned. "Oh that is delightful, you brought back a lot. I like everything you brought- and wouldn't mind helping to learn some of your recipes. If that's okay with you." She agreed eating lunch with him on the patio. The weather was just perfect. "As for lonely? No... I was enjoying this view the entire time... and I know I'm not alone...because you're here, and it really helps more than my inadequate words can say." She had a strong feeling, her usual habits were that of a lonely person.... she'd probably been a lone most of her life... The dream she had couldn't have meant anything..~

Last edited: