Morden watched Gavin leave them and pondered a bit. he hadn't missed the young lad's look of bewilderment and he could well understand it. They'd thrust a lot on him in a short amount of time. I had to be difficult to believe one thing about yourself and then to learn that nothing you knew was accurate. He saw Lauranna take Chastianna aside and so he went to Rook. "Are you recovering?" he asked, "Do you need anything?"

Rook shook his large head, ~I am well thank you. See to the others...this form heals itself with time, so any little things will recover on their own. Forgive me for not speaking of my suspicious about the two goldens...I was not sure and did not want to cause additional problems. I am glad though that they both survived.~ So many others had not and it burdened his mind and soul greatly to know that so much death was laid at his Mother's feet and by default..his own as well.

Chastianna nodded to Gavin as he went to find Rebecca and then pushed herself to a sitting position. She smiled weakly at Lauranna, "Do not worry so...I am feeling much better." She was, but her chest ached. She wasn't sure what Helena had done to her but whatever it was had been intended to be deadly, of that much she was sure. Why though? She had no powers. She wasn't a threat to Helena. Or was she? Was there magic power hidden within her that she wasn't aware of lurking there waiting to be awakened? "Helena must be afraid if she was willing to target her son and me so directly...I like that she is afraid...maybe it will help us defeat her. Fearful people sometimes make poor choices...let's hope Helena does." She looked up and saw Gavin returning with two red vials in his hands. "How is Rebecca? Is she handling the news well?"

Morden too saw Gavin return and smiled, "So we have one component needed, we only need Nathan now..."

Alna held to him and steadied herself. "I am fine. We should make our way out to the others. I found the amulets in an ancient tome and Gavin was able to read it. Turns out he and Rebecca are the lost Golden children..." She looked up at him, "I hope they are not the only two left...it never occurred to me that the goldens were at risk along with us. They have always had their safe home beneath the waters of the great sea. What if ... their evil plan destroyed all of the goldens as well?"

Naild listened and smiled, "You are free from the stigma of Sheena now. I always knew there was no way someone as wonderful as you could have come from someone as horrible as her. Let's go join the others...maybe there is more to know...you must be wondering." He was happy for her, but time was flying by and his mother was so far away. Was she still well? Would she return? Would she even remember them? Such a horrific beating probably stole her memories. He had to believe it was so, or she would already be trying to send word so they would not worry about her. she was always thinking of others more than herself. He pushed his own cares and worries aside and stood with Rebecca, "I'm anxious to see if Prince Rook is doing better..."

Varen ate everything she made and when he was finally feeling strength returning he helped her clean up. "We should make our way to the palace and see what is happening. Seems that every day brings a new battle to fight...hopefully we can win one today."

Aldin ate with her and smiled as she spoke of enjoying her day watching the lake below. "This lake flows into a much large sea to the south east, but I thought this location was so peaceful and beautiful...and these trees were tall and strong, so I built here. I am glad you like it." She spoke of cooking, "I would be more than happy to share recipes once you are stronger and your arm is healed. Until then, please allow me the honor of caring for you. It is not a burden for me. I have been here for so long by myself, and your company alone makes my days brighter. I really was beginning to fear I was alone with only the orc people...I am very glad to know differently." He didn't like that she'd been hurt by some of the other people living here, but he'd enver seen any of them before, so he was hoping that he never would again.

Nathan gazed into Alna's eyes and kissed her. "Hopefully we will all have answers for them... but yes, lets go out to the group." He agreed, giving her a little more energy, and walking to where Prince Rook and everyone else were still standing. "Are we ready for the amulets to be opened?" He asked, still holding Alna's hand.

Rebecca nodded, smiling a little.. "It does make things easier, knowing she wasn't my mother....but also.. harder.... I had come to accept the fact my mother was evil... but now I don't know who my parents are...were.... or really, who myself and Gavin are.." She shrugged.... then felt strange warmth suddenly.. . . ."Niald ... I guess the rest of my powers decided to wake up right now.... And Gavin's too... " She said, sitting very still, and feeling tingly all over- her aura flared white-gold, then the color of the blue star-flower she'd eaten a while ago, then back to white gold... She kept her eyes closed, but everything around her rippled by an unseen breeze- Her hair and clothes fluttered, as she was embraced by all five elements... then vision after vision bombarded her mind... She saw Niald's mother and squeesed Niald's hand gently, "Serena... has another name... Oralie... it means Golden One... the man who's taking care of her... he'd lost his group of scien- scientists and ended up here.... She's really in great care, Niald.... he's amazing... he brought his own medicine and everything... she's healing--- but still has quite a few injuries... Still.. I like Morden a lot.. don't get me wrong.... but the more your mother stays with A....... Aldin- the more she's going to not remember.... I don't know what can help with that yet... but I think it'll happen.." She shivered, another vision crept upon her, this one unwelcome... Helena- still in her cell, glowering with growing rage at the walls.. She wanted all of them dead! But especially those horrid, Golden Fae children! Rebecca narrowed her gaze into the cell... "You'll go away soon... and all your hateful actions will be undone.." She said quietly. Then, she opened her eyes, as her sight became fully functional. "We need to get to Prince Rook and the others.." She said to Niald, having her own magic fully available to her, she felt better, stronger even, and she hurried them to the dragon.

Jasmine thanked Varen for the help, and followed him to the palace, agreeing that there was so much going on, she didn't know how anyone could contain so much power- from so many people at once. She stopped at Rebecca's side and sensed quite a bit of power from the young girl.. and Niald as well. "Well Rebecca, looks like you're coming into your magic.... If you ever need help controlling or mastering the elements, let me know." She offered with a smile. Rebecca smiled back. "Thank you, I will definitely need to train soon... but I think we're almost ready to unlock the amulets.. not sure what else we're missing... " Rebecca replied, anxious to see Helena gone.~

Oralie didn't have any troubles that day, letting Aldin care for her- she wasn't a demanding or fussy patient either. She wanted to get well even more so she could explore the place, and even meet the orcs. She listened while he explained the lake and where it lead... had she ever swam before? She'd have to try and remember bits and peices of her life eventually... but right now, she felt entirely comfortable being someone else.. she could definitely start over, and enjoy her time here. "I'd love to meet the orcs once this arm is better, and explore with you." She added, hoping eventually her arm -would- start mending soon... she knew the rest of her was still in bad shape as well, from the way her body stung throughout the day- but she endured and ignored it, like usual, trying to fight off the need for sleep... with more sleep meant more... dream-like memories she wasn't sure she was ready for.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Alna nodded and though she felt visions at the edges of her mind, they did not form and she knew enough to be patient for them to come when the time was right. They arrived in the garden knoll where the others were and she felt the full impact of the vision crash upon he in a flare of fury that hadn't happened since the Douglass had first appeared. her eyes went blind as she stared at the vision before her, her hand gripped tightly to Nathan's as she took in the whole of it. It washed over her in waves, her head whipped this way and that as it moved past her and crashed from both sides. When the misty clouds receded gently as the vision faded tears were streaming down her cheeks and she was rendered speechless.

Naild listened to Rebecca and looked thoughtful as he considered what she'd said. "If she is happier there, and safe then may the ancients bless her there. She has suffered so much for my sake, and now because of Morden and Helena's hatred for him. I love Morden like a father, he is the only father I have ever known, but if he is not the one to make her safe and happy then so be it. He will still be my father no matter what." It hurt to speak those words, more than he let on. He wanted Morden to be happy especially after everything he'd been through for the sake of his people, but his mother's happiness was more important.

Morden looked at Nathan, "Nearly...Gavin....would you read that again?" he asked, "Be careful so we don't make any mistakes...." Anything Helena and Hannah touched was going to only be safely operated by following the exact letter of the magical oracles.He wanted to be safe and sure they were doing it right."

Varen could not feel the magic but he could see the confidence and the change in Rebecca's demeanor and posture. They approached the dragon, and he bowed. There was a regal elegance to the beast that was unmistakable. "I am Varen, Captain of the Royal Guard."

Aldin enjoyed caring for her and the longer he did so the deeper his affection for her became, and the more he wanted her to stay forever. He wasn't ready to put a name to his feelings but he was happier than he ever remembered being in his life. "I think tomorrow I'm going to try to rig up a way to get you down to the ground so you can go for a short walk on the beach...feel the sand between your toes and the breeze and salt water on your face."

Nathan worried greatly over what was happening with Alna, and held her hands tightly in his...When he felt her return from the dreadful vision, he looked her over careful... "Love, what is it?" He asked, sensing more turmoil and sadness ahead.~

Gavin nodded seriously, even though the pain was swiftly building into terrible, puncturing pressure. Blood seeped through his rib cage of a mess of scars where a swamp monster had gotten him as a child. Odd. He ignored the obvious Helena- driven attack, completely. He tried his damndest to drown all sensations and feelings out, though a warning growl rose from his own mind in response to Helena.. "Queen Bitch... if you don't mind we're all kind of busy here, trying to tear you apart... now back off... " He thought-spoke savagely to Helena in her cell, he wasn't capable of teleporting to her as Caden had done, nor did he want to -- he didn't trust himself not to tear her head off with his own bare hands! He had no idea how bad the wound was getting and just didn't care at that point, only kept staring at the book, trying to focus with blurry eyes.. "Take... amulets- put them together on the ground. Four royals, stand in a circle around them- pour the Golden Fae blood over both amulets, until every drop has covered them... then... " He squinted. "Then join the four royals- hand in hand- oh good a family circle-.. that's not sappy...- " He was often more humorous or sarcastic when hiding his pain. His shirt was a dark enough color the blood wasn't showing up, and hopefully he stood away ish enough no one could smell it- he did not want to be a distraction. "When the four of you have joined hands... pour your magic cores directly into the amulets" He finished reading aloud.

Rebecca smiled sadly at Niald, squeezing his hand... "No..Niald.. she will come back...When she is ready. I too, am glad she's cared for and cherished wherever she is... but she and Morden..." She stared at the ground, seeing everything so clearly it was harder for her to tell the lines between reality and the here and now sometimes... "Are soulmates... Aldin knows... that she must be loved and missed somewhere else.... he leaves it up to her and her returning memories to leave if she feels the need... He really is a heroic person." She added solemnly. Then she caught a stain on her brother's shirt... "Gavin??" She walked over to him and without a shred of shyness, lifted up the stained side... "Can someone heal this please? It looks pretty bad... Looks like Helena's at it again." She was confident someone would help, and of course, Laurana did just that! She used plenty of healing to take care of the wound, then had Gavin sit down on a small boulder. "Take it slow, Gavin, I can definitely feel Helena's signature magic in this." She added, scowling. "Prince Rook - is there no shields we can create to prevent further attacks?" She asked the dragon.~

Jasmine also introduced herself briefly, bowing slightly to the large dragon, then stood back and let the group do what they needed. She couldn't stop Helena's dark magic unfortunately, all she could do was try to guard against physical trouble.~

Oralie grinned at Aldin's ideas of going to the beach the next day! "That sounds quite fun. I wonder if I know how to swim... though it'll be a while before I try that skill." She assured him, suspecting the horror he'd feel if he saw her try to swim in the deep water with one arm! Though that idea did strike her as a comical sight. She had a flash of insight however... and knew instantly all the names of plants, herbs, flowers and vegetation. .. .ooo. small things -were- coming back to her... this was great! But she really wasn't in a hurry to remember anything else- not when her head started throbbing.~

Alna was still staring blindly since her vision was completely obscured by tears. She tried to speak but nothing came and she instead buried her face in Nathan's chest and gave up trying until the pain of the vision passed.

Caden moved to Gavin's side and touched his chest. "We cannot block her until she trap her magic, but we need to empty the amulets first..." he explained. He healed the wounds from within making sure to repair everything from the deepest wound to the surface skin, taking his time to be thorough knowing Helena could only do so much. "Which four must form the circle?" he asked looking at everyone, "He mentioned family...perhaps it is to be Lauranna, Chastianna, Nathan and Morden?"

Alna shook her head and grabbed both of Nathan's arms. her eyes were swollen and red and she still could not see or speak but her head shaking was vehement.

Morden frowned, "Hmm...it would seem that is not right...Nathan.." he tapped his brother's shoulder, "You do not needs words to speak to her..." They were bound together in love, though they had not married, they should still be able to communicate telepathically.

Chastianna was finally breathing more normally but her chest still ached a little. "Tell me what to do and i will willingly do it. She must be stopped." She moved to Gavin and cast a very concerned look over his wounds and rested her forehead on his shoulder, ~Calm yourself and breathe slowly...her dark core feeds off negative emotions...it makes you weaker to her attacks...in....out...in...out...~ Her hand reached down to twine ehr fingers with his and once again their aura's flashed brightly at the contact but quickly faded. This time her eyes were closed as she was focused on helping him without zapping him with her own out of control magic and did not see it.

Naild moved over to Prince Rook, "How are you faring?"

Rook huffed out a little cloud of smoke, ~Me? I am well my friend Naild, how are YOU?~

"I have been better, but I am improving."

~I can see as much. I am sorry to have caused you pain...truly sorry.~

"My pain was not your doing friend Rook, blame lays at Helena's feet and there it shall stay until she is no more."" He spoke with conviction and furvor but then frowned, "Forgive me...she is your mother...I should not speak so to you."

~You have right to it. She must meet her end or none of the fae are safe...not now or ever. She cannot be allowed to travel across time again...it must end here. You are the ones to make that happen...I can sense it.~

Naild placed his hand to the large snout of the dragon, "Even so...I am sorry it must be so and that she could not hear reason."

~As am I...as am I~

Aldin smiled, "Yes please...not yet. Soon I am sure. You are healing remarkably fast. The wound on your head, which was severe is nearly repaired. I wonder if your body has internal healing properties...it certainly seems to be the case and the deep sleep the laudanum provides seems to speed it even more." he smiled but felt a stab of loss at the saying of it. Soon she would be well, her memories would return and she would be gone. He already felt the loneliness and aching beginning. "I am sure I can devise something that will work by lunch time, and we can eat and get your strength up and then try that walk...how does that sound for a plan?" He heard a faint whistle and smiled widely, "OH! You are in for a treat!" he said as he stood at the rail of the balcony and held out his arm. A brightly colored bird landed gently on his arm and he stepped back and retook his seat next to her. "This is my friend Zax..."

"Zax like hair."

"That's how I know his name is Zax..." Aldin chuckled. "He is quite a verbal character and has been very good company for me over the long years i've been here."

"Zax like Aldin...gather berries?"

"Of course...I always gather you berries don't I?"

"Zax friend. Zax like." he pecked at the berries in Aldin's free hand. "Good berries Good..." Having finished the berries he looked at Serena and tipped his bird head oddly, "Zax sorry. Pretty hurt. Sorry."

Nathan knew he was one of the four royal family members. He kissed Alna gently, trying to dry her tears so she could see again.. "Breathe Alna. Just breathe....you don't have to talk about it today, but I must join the other royal men to stop Helena. I love you." He said, kissing her gently on the lips. He watched her as he stood with Caden and Morden.

Gavin had difficulty hearing or comprehending anything Chastianna told him...up until she touched his wound. Sparks flew like usual, some hitting his head but once she found her control, the wound instantly vanished...not even a trace of his previous scars remained. He thanked her, and stood back up, feeling light headed, but better than before. He helped steady Chastianna, sending her energy as well in case she needed it. Eventually all Laurana could do was stand next to Prince Rook and try to not show how useless she felt.

Rebecca went to stand next to Alna, in case the Seer needed her. "Alna..what's wrong?" She asked, staying by her mentors side... though maybe the question of the day really should have been...what wasn't going wrong?

That certainly gave Oralie something to wonder...self healing skills would be fairly useful... especially if she did ever encounter the mob who had attacked her earlier or if something else happened. She shook head at Aldins look of sadness..."I can't have had too many people worried over me ...I think they would have found us by now if they had. I don't remember much except I know everything about plants and herbs...I am no closer to remembering my own name or even my favorite color than yesterday....my head is healing...but it throbs in agony when I try to get through the block or make progress .... honestly I think I'm not ready to even face half of the other memories and I'm scared .." she confessed quite honestly. It was a relief to get that out. Then, a lovely bird named Zax flew in and she smiled when he said he liked her hair. "Thanks, Zax. .you have very pretty feathers and are a very smart bird. I am hurt yes ..but getting better thanks to Aldin." She said with a smile."And these berries look very tasty. Thank you Zax.' she felt fond of the bright colored bird already.

Caden watched Chastianna and saw the sparks. He quirked a tiny grin but made no comment. seeing Gavin steady and healed he called to him, "Gavin...I think you should be one of the ones to stand in the circle of four. You were able to read the page, so you should be one of us."

Morden smiled and nodded, "Agreed. Stand with us and open the amulets."

Alna nodded and let him go. She knew he had to be one of the ones to open the amulets and though she couldn't speak she moved around and physically placed Gavin, Caden, Morden and Nathan where they needed to stand. Then she nodded and went back to Rebecca and gave the girl's hand a gentle squeeze. Her eyes were dry but red and swollen and pathetic. She didn't ever want to speak of what she'd seen, but she knew there was no choice, but for now they had a task to attend to and an evil fae to defeat. What she had seen could wait until tomorrow.

Chatianna moved over to where Lauranna was standing next to Rook. "Seems Alna knows who should be where...is she ok you think?"

Caden looked at Gavin, "You can add the blood and then we will all unite our cores and release the magic trapped in the amulets. then we can find the page we need to trap Helena's magic inside these." He could almost taste her blood he was so eager for her to perish and for her legacy of hatred to be ended. He'd never felt such animosity towards anyone in his life, not even the Douglas. It was a deep, seething flame that would not be quenched and on some levels worried him.

Naild watched. Like Lauranna he felt there was nothing he could do to be of help and it was a bit frustrating. his own burgeoning powers were making him aware of things on a different scope than he was used to and while it was interesting and exciting to have a power that had not been in their realm for so long, it was also overwhelming. He felt like a million people were trying to speak to him at once and their voices were like a rushing wind of crashing waves in his mind. He needed to find some books to help him understand what was going on.

Aldin smiled at Zax, "He also likes to talk...if you have those berries around he will gladly stay and keep you company and chat your ear off." Zax turned his lovely bright red head toward Aldin, "Zax talk pretty. Berries good." He flew over to Oralie and perched on her shoulder, "Pretty like Zax." and he cast a look at Aldin as if he'd understood some of the undertones of what he'd said were not as nice as they had sounded. Aldin grinned, "I see how you are Zax. Throw over a good friend because of a pretty face." And held up his hand as he turned away chuckling under his breath. "Zax like pretty. Sorry."

Gavin was perplexed, but did as he was asked, squeezing Chastianna's hands gently and thanking her for her help. He stood where he was placed, as he did, he saw Alna's pale, worried face as she directed everything.... uh oh.. Seer's with that much pain usually had terrible, awful news.... .was one of them not going to make it? He was definitely not- prepared for that but he squared his shoulders in case it was him that had to have something horrible happen--- and kept watch on the others just in case he could prevent something! Visions were fine- but it would be greater still to know what they could prevent. He waited for the right time to open the vials of blood; then when the core-magic of all gathered in the signal was strongest- he poured the blood into the amulets, until there was none left. Mysteriously, the vials themselves broke... but the fragments of glass disappeared.~

Rebecca smiled a little sadly at Alna- seeing her face so tear streaked broke the girl's heart. She held Alna's hand in hers, giving a reassuring squeeze back.. "You don't have to bare the vision alone, Alna... if you need to- you can transfer it to me and I can take some of the pain.." Her voice seemed a bit more grown up, still girl-ish- yet older now. As if her new powers had aged her and skipped her from childhood/adolescent- straight to ..... ancient. She didn't feel resentful or annoyed anymore at her gifts- only calm and accepting. It was Niald she worried for however- and noticed he was straining with his own gifts. She wished she could help take that away or at least dull some of it for him... but she would do her best to try after this Helena- mess was over.

Laurana smiled at Niald and had him sit down next to her on a chair. "Take deep breaths, Niald... I was overwhelmed as well- when I found out my magic was more than it was on Earth... focus on what you want to, close out the rest. Meditation will probably help you later on.." She offered, hoping she could help at least a little..

Oralie just laughed, as they talked with Zax. She fed the bright bird a few berries, then kept the rest in a basket. "Well you're a very pretty bird, yourself, Zax." She told him, then smiled at his remark. "Thank you for being a sweet bird, as well." She added, lightly petting his feathery wings with her good arm. Her left remained useless, but she hoped she'd heal quickly.. ... she would definitely hang out with this bird any time! She smiled at Aldin. "He really is great at gathering berries. He visits every day?" She asked, intrigued.~

Chastianna watched the four as they performed the ritual to open the amulets. she was worried, but she also knew this HAD to be done. The amulets themselves began to glow and hover in the center of the circle about chest high as the magic cores of the four royals united in one purpose. First the blue one opened and a rush was heard like a mighty gust of wind that ripped through a forest suddenly. Chastianna gasped as she felt a sudden influx of power slam into her like a brick wall. her recognition of the core and it's previous owner was instantaneous as was the feeling of love, acceptance and warmth that accompanied it. "Father...."

The violet one opened seconds later and a bright flash of light erupted and then moved from the center of the circle to surround Lauranna. She would feel that same influx of power and like Chastianna she would immediately recognize the core as her mother's and feel that intense connection to her.

Caden saw the amulets fell to the earth then and gathered them up. "Now we must find the page that instructs in how to..." He then noticed his wife was glowing and knew that light. He rushed to her and gathered her in his arms, "Are you ok?" he asked frantic, hoping she was able to handle the second core without it affecting her or their son.

Rook noticed that Chastianna was holding her chest again and frowned moving his large head behind her to support her. ~I believe Princess Chastianna needs help...~

Naild was by her side in a second, "Are you ok Princess?" he asked grabbing hold of her forearms to steady her. She did look pale and then he heard her barely whispered word. He was confused but did not comment, just waited to be sure she was well.

Alna looked at Rebecca and only shook her head. No one else need see that, or even know the whole of it. Yes, she would tell it, but there would be no need to describe the thins she'd seen in detail. Some things were the burden of the seer to bear, and she was well used to bearing it. Seeing the amulets open and empty she gave Rebecca's arm a squeeze and then went back to the book and began looking for another page about the amulets. They needed to contain Helena at least, and these amulets were the best way, and the ONLY way they had at their disposal. She was very sure that Helena and Hannah had chosen these amulets because of the nature of their use. They did not expect anyone to be able to open them ever, since they ahd planned to kill all the royals. To have four male royals to open them...wait...four... Her gaze flew to Caden as the wheels of her mind began to turn and realization dawned on her...she would have MUCH to say come the next dawn...more than any of them would be ready to hear. She went back to the book and scanned pages frantically.

Varen had no idea what was going on, but he stood watch and was ready to help if his assistance was required in any way.

Morden saw the Amulets fall to the earth empty and let out a rush of air as he bent at the waist with a hand on his thigh. "That was more difficult than I expected..." Seeing Caden recover so quickly though had his lifting a brow, "Or perhaps I am just getting old..." He looked at Nathan then, "How are you brother?"

Aldin smirked, "MMhmmm....I have been totally forgotten I see. Not that I blame you Zax, she is quite lovely." The brightly colored bird turned its head and nodded, "Pretty." Zax preened at the attention and lifted his head to encourage the petting, "Zax like." Aldin chuckled, "Be careful Oralie...he might become demanding..." He wasn't sure what would happen actually. The bird seemed to come and go as it pleased, but he seemed to be taking a real liking to Oralie so maybe he would become a more familiar sight now. He looked out at the lake and then an idea suddenly came to him, "excuse me a moment..." he left the two and then returned a short while alter with a book in hand, "Do you like poetry?" he asked motioning to the book in his hand. "It was in my pack when I passed through...if your would like...I can read a few to you."

Lauranna would certainly have fallen over if not for Caden's swift catch! She was almost as pale and shaky as Chastianna... "I'm fine- help my sister... I just... I thought I felt my mother brush past me..." She said, trying to hide how unstable she truly was getting, exuding so much power- as her own second core of magic unleashed, she could see the brilliant purple surrounding her aura. . . She also worried about the baby, but first things first.. she was determined to see him grow and thrive in a more peaceful world. "I think Chastianna had a similar experience... Caden- please make sure she's okay first." She said, smiling to let him know she was okay... for now.~

Morden's remark made Nathan smile.. "You still have your youthfulness, brother... and I? I am alright. Definitely feeling my own age today though.. " He admitted, somewhat pale still from his earlier ordeal. He did gaze at Alna in concern, wanting to go to her, but knowing she would not easily tell him anything either. Rebecca was with her, so that made him rest more at ease. The girl's magic was fully active now, and she was helpful in a lot of ways. She wanted to help -everyone- but was barely able to catch what had happened to Queen Laurana and Princess Chastianna. Niald was helping her, and so was Prince Rook... but Lauranna definitely didn't look as if she'd keep going strong ... the magic could be draining... or the kid inside her was scared of it...

Jasmine was just as confused as Varen, but where he stood, so did she! She wasn't leaving any of them unguarded, not even for a moment...

Gavin helped steady Chastianna while others worked to heal her... "Maybe this is too much." He said, worriedly. He wanted her to go lie down, and the queen as well- but things were still gearing up.... towards... whatever they were doing? "Hey... so what happens next?" He asked the others, hoping someone would know the next step.

Oralie was definitely literate and well-read, she knew that much! Some part of her ached to read again... another near-impossible task without propping a book on a desk or something. She smiled again at Zax, then at Aldin. "Sure...Poetry sounds great right now." She admitted, still petting the bird lightly. "Pretty bird-- do you read too?" She asked, curious as to how smart the creature was.

Caden shook his head, "She is in good hands...I will not leave you..." he said firmly. he had never had to deal with a second magic core, but if it was her mother's then it should feel familiar, since she'd already felt it before she was born. "Don't fight the magic Love...remember your mother's heartbeat and the feel of her magic and yours together as it was before you were born...our son will feel the unity of your spirits and accept the magic as well." He wondered if it would meant heir son would be born with extraordinary powers, but that was something to worry over when the time came.

Morden looked at Caden, "yes..that is the right way to go about it...allow the unity and the rest will follow." He looked at Nathan then and rolled his eyes, "Oh yes..I feel so youthful and vigorous..." He was a little younger than Nathan but not a lot and given their slow aging process and longevity it was negligible at best. "I don't know about you brother but I could use a good stiff drink..possibly a double or triple..."

Chastianna was holding onto Gavin and Naild as the magical cores attempted to merge. Unlike Lauranna, she'd never felt this before..her mother's core, yes but not their father's. She felt like every inch of her skin was on fire and tingling at the same time and she was afraid for possibly the first time in her life. "I don't want to die," she whispered but it really felt like she might.

Naild heard Morden and Caden and spoken gently to her, "Do not fight the magic...let it flow over you ...think of it like water or rain as you walk into a deep pool of water until you are completely submerged and covered. You are safe. Your father loves you and will never harm you..." He hadn't ever met King Lars but he'd read about him and one thing he was certain of, was that the king had dearly loved his daughters and wife. "You are safe...you are not going to die..just relax." He was trying to keep his voice even and gentle as he spoke.

Chastianna heard Naild's voice and nodded as she realized his words were true and the fear was coming from another source. Her father loved her, and he would never hurt her. "Father..." She said with a smile blossoming on her lips when she felt his core merge with hers and then felt that overwhelming sense of love and joy from his core. She was still tingling from the power and the stretching of her own senses and magical awarenes but she was not afraid now. Tears slipped down her cheeks, "I was so little ... now I can know him..."

Alna was not paying attention to anything but flipping page after page of the book. There were only ten more pages and she was beginning to fear the entrapment ritual would be in another book, but she turned the page and there it was. "Gavin...here...what does this say?? This is how to use them..." She was breathless in her excitement to have this over, so they could all move forward.

Aldin smiled and began reading from his collection of sonnets. "I've always loved poetry...probably seems a silly thing for a man to admire, but the way poets use words...is humbling." So he read and his rich deep voice was elegant in its delivery of the lines, which were obviously familiar to him since eh read without stumbling through them. In fact his delivery held a good deal of emotion and passion that added to the beauty of them greatly. After and hour he closed the book and glanced over at her, "Forgive me...I tend to forget time when I read...I did not mean to burden you so long." he blushed a bit, "I do have a few other books if you would like to read." He was feeling suddenly very self conscious.

Lauranna felt the overwhelming power swirl through her and around her- the brilliant violet light shimmered with gold and pink, her magic core more brilliant than her first, or more than most core's.... Her mother was actually -there- with her.. not physically.... but she certainly felt the presence... "I know... I'm trying..... " She whispered, overwhelmed enough to the point she was her most vulnerable then- having to lean against Caden, trying to not let the power hurt him or anyone else in any way. She kept her calm, breathing deeply, in, out- as though meditating. "I just need... to sit still for a moment..." She told him, her head spinning a bit. She wanted to reach out and go where her mother went...she wondered then, where her mother's spirit had gone..... Was it possible to get the other side while still living? That was a question she'd have to ask later.... Right now all she could do was feel everything in a super-heightened alertness... She wasn't fighting the magic... but at times, she was connected a little too deeply, she felt the ground moving under her feet- slowly- naturally- ... she heard water trickling in the distance, birds chirping, even leaves rustling seemed loud to her now. She was trying her best to process and understand everything that was happening.~

Nathan laughed at Morden's comment. "Indeed...Some fine white whine would be good too... but definitely when this is finished... I hope we're getting closer to defeating Helena." He added, worried about everyone- especially Lauranna and Chastianna- he sent the dark-haired girl a wave of cooling, soothing energy, trying to keep her stabilized as he possibly could. She was taking a lot of hits. He'd help Lauranna, but Protective Bear Caden definitely had his wife well taken care of. He smiled at Alna, trying to send her encouragement as well. They would get through this together.

Gavin hurried over to Alna as she held the book; then looked at the page she was indicating...."Okay... so the amulets have been opened. . . " He pulled the book closer to his face so he could read better.."Oh good, Caden's not going to like this part.." He looked a bit worried as he read on. "The two sisters- Queen Lauranna and Princess Chastianna, must form a blood pact, in order to release the magical energy necessary to destroy Helena's magic for good." He looked at Laurana, still vulnerable and under the incredible thralls of her Second Core magic... "I'll go let Caden know." He added, handing the book back to Alna and walking up to the king and queen. "I'm so sorry- Caden.. Lauranna and Chastianna are both needed in this next part... We will guard them... but they must make a blood pact to end Helena's power. And they both have to add their blood to the amulets... Will you allow this?" He asked calmly, not wanting to provoke the protective king. He understood the seriousness of the situation after all- Laurana was pregnant... and all this stress wasn't good for the baby either. Yet there was no other choice.

Oralie smiled at Aldin as he read her the poetry... it was both beautiful and mystifying at once... some sounded like rhymes of beautiful nature and tranquil waves- others reminded her vaguely of something called Haiku. "It was lovely, Aldin, thank you- I'm certain I was a big reader in the past- and would love to catch up on some literature." She assured him, quite happy with how well the whole day was turning out. The bird Zax had settled on her shoulder, occasionally nibbling at her hair.

Caden held Lauranna gently in his arms and lowered her carefully to the bench he'd created right behind her. He sat with her and watched intently. He knew there was little to nothing he could do to help her. "Be calm love...breathe with me...slow and steady." He was a bit jealous of her being able to feel her mother's presence. he didn't even have any idea who his mother actually was. He was happy for her though, especially given everything she'd endured for the fae since her arrival. Gavin approached them he frowned at the news, "she will want to make the pact, and I am not going to stop her...we just need to give them both a few moments to assimilate the cores. I don't want to force either of them to rush this..."

Morden nodded, "It cannot be rushed even if we would wish it so. They must settle in and become one core...they would not be able to cast the spell to trap Helena's magic if they haven't forged a single inner core." Before he finished speaking he felt an odd pain in his head and his hand went to his temple. An odd voice began to emanate from him, "So you have opened our amulets...Before you attempt to use them you must decide...is my life worth Morden's? If you attempt to use the amulets on my he will die...and die painfully..."

Alna looked at Morden and frowned. How did she know what they were doing? She must be able to feel the magic fluctuations damnit. She could see Morden trying to fight for control of his body and words, ti was there in his eyes. His fingers were waving back and forth but that was all he seemed able to manage. "He would not wish is to endanger others to save him...but what can we do?"

Naild looked over at Morden and he knew who was speaking. So that evil woman planned to take not only his mother away from him, but the only father he'd ever known as well. He felt hatred boil over inside him as his hands fisted and his body was visibly shaking in fury. "She cannot have them both...we have to stop her."

Rook frowned. His own magical core was much compromised in this form, which he was growing to realize was all part of their plan. They knew he did not agree with their plans, and so they trapped him in this dragon body and diminished his abilities to lessen his ability to be a threat to them. He could not imagine what Naild must be going through, but he did know one thing for certain. ~Naild...do not allow your anger to build...she will use that energy against us all. You must restore your calm inner self...do not allow her to steal who you are.~

Naild heard Rook and frowned. He did not want to be the cause of Helena gaining power so he closed his eyes and swallowed down all the anger in visions of his mother's smile and tender care, in Rebecca's love and care for him and slowly calmed. "Thank you Prince Rook..."

Chastianna had only just become in touch with her own core so assimilating another wasn't as much of a struggle for her. She didn't have a firm grip on her own core so her father's core was able to fully integrate seamlessly with hers, however it felt further away somehow. She struggled to grasp it, and as she tried it seemed to dance just out of her reach. She had an odd thought then and mentally stilled. She instead began to speak softly mentally, 'Father...help me...I cannot do this alone...I need you with me...please come to me and help me...' It was in this still place that she felt the cores come to her and surround her. Her body began to glow a deep magenta and emerald in a pulsing heartbeat ebb and flow. She was not moving at all and looked to be on death's doorstep.

Aldin was glad he hadn't bored her in any way. He'd purposely stayed away from the love sonnets and romantic poetry he had. That would have been awkward and inappropriate, even if he felt some of those things when he looked at her. Zax was nipping at her hair and brushing his head against her cheek. "I will get some books for you in the morning for you to read while I work on the mechanism to get you to ground level for the walk i promised you." he smiled at her and Zax. He was a firm believer in the ability of animals to judge the character of people and Zax didn't like everyone. "Zax likes you...and he doesn't like everyone..." Zax's head lifted, "Zax like pretty."

Laurana struggled to keep calm as her mothers essence guided her back to that one core. A gentle breeze fluttered around herself, Caden, and Gavin...as if the spirit of Queen Aura was whispering an apology....and something about going back to the other side... "please...mom...i need you..." Laurana whispered, even as her core rapidly joined the 2nd...the glow became less intense....and soon, the glow faded entirely, leaving Laurana unharmed, but unbelievably tired. She knew no rest would happen that day however, and steadied herself quickly, ignoring the dizziness. "No, there is a rush....Ill not stand by and let Morden be hurt anymore than he has by Helena...Chastianna....are you well?" She asked, walking over to her sister. She saw the cores merge. ..but she herself looked half dead! "Please....Chastianna...open your eyes." she poured stronger healing magic into the woman, hoping she would wake up and be alright.

Rebecca worried greatly over Mordens sudden immobile state, as she knew he was being tortured by Helena! She felt horrible that she was unable to help them... "Alna...I wish there was something I could do!" she said, anxiety in her heart.

Nathan helped send energy to Chastianna, and Laurana, extremely worried about Morden! he needed to distract Helena from torturing the others... "Helena! stop this you retarded, bitter old hag! So what if you've been imprisoned for all these years, its never too late to redeem yourself!" he yelled, knowing she could hear.

Oralie lauhhed lightly as Zax kept calling her pretty. She pet his feathers again, and thanked Aldin.. "I think I like alot of fantasy novels...some scary stories are good...nothing too gorey....but im not too picky either..." she added, glad for a chance to distract herself whenever Aldin had to go on his trips for supplies.

Chastianna's eyes opened when she heard Lauranna's voice. Mist filled her eyes but there was a smile on her lips, "Father was here...for just a second..." Her hand flew to her mouth as she was suddenly overcome with emotion. she finally settled and her hand reached out for her sister, "He loved us all so much...so very much." She hadn't been paying attention to anything else going on as she'd assimilated her father's core so she didn't know what was going on with Morden until she heard a familiar voice.

"Nathan...you ancient relic...why are you still alive?" The voice coming from Morden spat, "So what? So what you say? Maybe you'd like to know what it is like to be imprisoned for nearly fifty years..."

Caden was torn. He wanted to intervene again, but he didn't trust himself to enter Helena's cell again. She'd expect it this time and be ready for him. Instead he joined the distraction technique of Nathan. "Helena...are you sure you have the right target?? It is I who hold you now...not Morden..."

The voice echoed through the gardens, "Ah yes Caden...but my sister would not favor me with her power if I were to harm you in any way...so instead I must choose to harm those you care for and love...Hannah would not take the harming of her only son lightly."

Caden blanched. What? surely that could not be true...no she was lying.

Chastianna grabbed hold of Gavin's arm, "Please...help me up..." Her eyes locked with Gavin's, "What must be done to seal her magic. We must do it quickly..while she is distracted." She sounded different, more confident. As she'd asked her father had left a bit of his wisdom and will with her.

Naild was dearly wishing he knew where Helena was right now. He'd send a million insects to torment her and rightly distract her. He wrapped and arm around Rebecca and pulled her close to his side. "This will all be set to right..."

Rook also watched and listened. His mother was the most vindictive woman he'd ever known, far more so than her sister Hannah. When Helena spoke of caden as Hannah's only son his eyes went to Caden. He searched the man's face and was stunned he had not noticed the features before but the eyes, and the nose though more masculine were definitely those of his mother. He felt sadness and compassion grip at his heart, ~Do not allow her to steal your courage cousin...you are better than that...stronger...you have much more to fight for than she does...so fight!~

Alna looked at Rebecca and shook her head, the possession of Morden having enabled her to speak finally, "This is not for us to do...fear not child...your time comes...and you will be needed." This was all she was willing to say of her vision at this time, but she knew the girl suffered from feelings of uselessness and she wanted her to realize she was far from that.

Aldin left again and returned with a few books, "I have Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, an anthology of Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, this smaller works of Shakespeare though it is not exhaustive, and this Jane Austen book...Sense and Sensibility...it had been intended as a gift for my mother..." He smiled a sad kind of smile, "But I know she would not wish it to remain unread...she loves this author."

Laurana smiled through her own tears, hearing what poor Caden was learning; and still remembering the loving presence of her mother.. "Our mother was also a wonderful, kind person.... but ... we're needed now, for the second part, Chastianna- we must join the circle, sit in the middle, and make a blood pact... Our blood is what's needed for this part..... Can you hold up for it? I'll send you as much energy as I can." She added, also worried about Morden..about everyone...wishing she could battle Helena by herself...Instead she helped Chastianna get to the circle of the other royal fae-men, and sat down. "Do we just... exchange blood by cutting our palms or something?" She asked of Gavin and Prince Rook. "Yes. Pour a little of your blood onto the amulets, now that they're open.. .and then unleash your inner cores -both of them!- into them as well." Gavin explained. Laurana smiled apologetically at her sister. "Nothing else we can do... Are you ready?" She asked, pulling a small dagger from Nathan's boot. He didn't mind her taking it and kept focused on trying to keep Morden from being harmed. "One cut I think... maybe on the bottom of our palms?" She said, not wishing to scare or hurt her sister in any way, but wanting to make sure Chastianna was okay with this first!

Nathan rolled his eyes heavenward.. Ancient relic...yes haha. "I've been imprisoned for 4 years you even older-ancient hag. And for the record, get out of my brother's body!" He was trying to control his anger- knowing it was what the ancient biddy-witch wanted... but damn... he could feel his magic stirring...

Rebecca felt tears welling up, but she held them back, clutching Niald's shoulders, trying to not witness so much of the horrible events taking place all around them. She heard Alna's words that she'd be needed someday... but it would be nice if she could do something right then! If Helena was capable of so much power from a long long distance.. why couldn't they attack her from this spot??

Oralie appreciated Aldin's impressive library! She'd never heard of any of these authors, certainly... but she felt a fuzzy memory try to creep upon her... another man ....he'd lived in a library-like dwelling place, with far more books, tombs, even scrolls.... but no...surely her mind was tricking her. "This is quite impressive," She said, running a finger down the spine of the Frankenstine book with her good hand. She'd definitely be occupied with them! "I'm sure I will be glad to read them again..." She assured him.

Chatianna nodded and followed her to the circle, "Honestly I am fine...Father ...is somehow helping me..." she allowed the knife to be held between their hands as Lauranna drew it down mixing their blood as it fell onto and into the Amulets. "This pact I freely make to bind the magic of Helena the Dark forever to these amulets for the protection of all the fae of the Glen." her voice was full of conviction and power, though where the words ahd come from she had no idea.

Naild held onto Rebecca and watched. He was proud to be part of this group and to fight with and for them. He was terrified for Morden though.

Caden forced his shock and confusion away because he could see that they were keeping Helena occupied and that Lauranna and Chastianna needed more time. "You are a liar Helena...you were born a liar and you will die a liar."

Morden was fighting for control of his body, but her grip on him was too strong. "Why would I let him go? If I must die I will at least know he will die as well. I must have my victories where I can...and Caden...poor boy...why would I lie? You were our pride and joy, the one meant to rule the lands in place of our brother who betrayed the dark fae by linking himself to the weaker whites...How good it is that your mother did not live to see you betray us as our brother did." However while Helena bickered and gloated over the two men her magic was being trapped in the amulets. Hannah's core was first to be trapped as it was the secondary core within Helena and why her strength was so great. Her own core was quickly taken as well, but not before she was aware of what was happening and gripped at Morden's heart as she had gripped at Chastianna's. He fell to the ground clutching his chest.

Helena was within her cell screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Now completely without magic and trapped in total darkness she felt fear fill her heart as she stumbled from wall to wall in terror.

Alna moved to Nathan and Morden and gasped when he fell. "No..." her hand gripped onto Nathan's arm as she watched and waited.

Naild left Rebecca and ran to Morden kneeling next to him, "Fight Father....she cannot triumph...fight.." For the first time since all of this crashed upon him, Naild broke down and let the tears fall.

Rook felt the magical hold on him ease until it was completely gone. his own magic was there shining within him and he could see it and feel it once more. Touching his core, he focused on his fae bodily form and with great expenditure of energy was able to reclaim it. The process left him weak and unable to stand but he was himself, on all fours as the dragon had been, but himself. Black hair fell to his shoulders, and the slightly pointed ears could be seen poking through the thick tresses. His skin was pale with a slightly blue tint to it as many pure dark fae were. He was though, totally naked and unable to cast anything else.

Caden saw both Morden fall and Rook transform at the same time. Before any of the women could notice..he hoped...he clothed the man and sent him some energy to hopefully enable him to stand and function. He then went to Morden and placed a hand on his shoulder. healing was something he'd been doing all his life and he wasn't about to let his mentor and the only father he'd ever known die at the hands of Helena. She'd done considerable damage to Morden's heart but he slowly worked to heal it. He knew he could not rush through this or the heart would fail before he could fully heal it. So he used a great amount of healing magic to do it properly. He wasn't sure he had enough time to go as slowly as he needed before there would be damage but he had little choice.

Aldin smiled, "I hope so. I wish I had more, but traveling as I do it's a wonder that even these were in my pack. Generally I travel as light as possible, but we had just broken camp and were moving to a new site...fortunate really, I ahd a tent and many supplies on me that I would not have otherwise been carrying. Much of those supplies are the reason I am still alive and was able to build this house." he was a humble person really, but he was proud of the house he'd built, "That axe would not have been there and I cannot imagine how hard it would have been to survive without it or this safe dwelling." Looking over at her he smiled, "And now I am doubly glad of it, since you are safe to recover here." He could see a glimmer in ehr eyes every now and then as if she was remembering her life ...whatever it was and he had to believe that she had one. There was no way she was alone in the world, no way at all. He would eventually lose her, and the thought of it made his heart ache a bit. He wasn't sure he'd be able to let her go back alone either. He felt responsible for her safety now, and he'd have to go with her and be sure she was safe and loved. If not, he'd do his damnedest to convince her to return with him."

Laurana couldn't break her concentration as she sliced deeply into the palm of her hand, a long red river pouring into the amulets as she also made the pact with Chastianna, following her words, speaking them clearly and loud enough to be heard over some of the chaotic events. "This pact I freely make to bind the magic of Helena the Dark forever to these amulets for the protection of all the fae of the Glen." Lauranna prayed this would be enough to undo and stop all of Helena's magic forever as she sent her cores into the amulets as well, as was instructed.

Rebecca hurried to join Niald at his side,.. scared they would lose Morden, even though she knew Caden was healing him as they watched. She soothed Niald as best she could... but really wanted to help take care of everyone. She saw in the corner of her eyes, Lauranna slumped over from releasing so much of her magic into the amulets. She felt Helena's magic end, but was it truly safe now? Then she saw Prince Rook fall over into his dark-fae form, which was quickly covered by a cloak from Caden. Nathan was also at his brother's side in an instant, holding his head. "He'll be alright, Niald.. Rebecca... I trust Caden's healing. You can definitely gather up some men's clothing however.. I am sure Prince Rook would be most appreciative... and then help whoever needs the most assistance... That should occupy you for a moment Rebecca-- I understand all of this is terrifying... but remember- you are a seer now, with control over the elements... this can be useful." Rebecca understood, and immediately rose, put a comforting hand on Niald's shoulder only a moment, before dashing back inside the palace, hurrying to get men's clothing for Prince Rook. She found plenty of options in the closet in a guest room of the first floor... Rummaging swiftly, she pulled out a long blue tunic, and black pants, guessing at his size, she also got a silver belt, socks, and shoes. She hoped that these would fit him properly, and hurried back to give them to Rook, who appeared to be unconscious. She left the clothes for him, then returned to Alna's side....

Jasmine gestured to Varen.. "Perhaps we should get Lauranna and Chastianna inside... "Hey... King Caden... sir? We understand you're busy helping Morden... and we want you to concentrate on him... would it be alright if we move Chastianna and Lauranna to thier rooms for now? They seem alright... probably just over-exhausted.." Jasmine asked him.

Oralie was fascinated with Aldin's bravery in building this beautiful new home, and his tale of being lost from his previous one... "There must have been something.... like maybe a portal or a dimension you fell through on accident...?" She asked wonderingly. She gazed at the axe, admiring it's sharp edges. "I'm also glad its' here... and.. I don't think you have to worry about my memory returning... things.... are only blurrily coming to me in dreams it seems... and then I forget most of them when I wake... but ... truthfully... A big part of me feels I've already been long-forgotten about... and if those... people are still out there...." She tried not to shiver. "Then I'm not even sure it's possible or even safe trying to get back to...wherever I lived before." She shrugged, reassuring him about the possibility of losing her. It really was unlikely she had anyone!~

Rook was just tired, not unconscious and he did notice that clothing was left near him, but he just could not get his body to actually move yet.

Naild came over and knelt by him, "seems you could use a bit of help..." he said and shielded him from view of the others while he pulled the pants up and over the naked man's legs and hips. He fastened them and added the belt as they seemed just a bit too big, though not overly. Rebecca had done a decent job guessing at his size. He was glad the pants were not tight, since that made it easier to get them on him. He helped Rook sit up ad propped him against the tree he'd been lying beneath and helped him on with the shirt and tunic as well. "There...do you want the shoes on? Or no?"

Rook looked at the shoes, "I think yes...my feet are not used to holding me now...I dare say the garden may prove a bit hard on them without covering."

Naild nodded and put the socks and shoes on as well. He stood and bent to slip and arm under Rook's shoulder, "shall we try to stand then?"

Rook nodded and with Naild's help was able to stand though he was a bit wobbly. "Hopefully this is rather like shooting an arrow..it comes back quickly.."

Chastianna nodded, "I think so...tired...very tired..." She said and leaned her cheek against Gavin's neck when he scooped her up and carried her into the palace. He laid her on her bed and she held onto his hand, "Thank you..." She whispered as her eyes fought to stay open..."Caden...hide the amulets..." her battle was lost on those words and she fell into a deep sleep.

Alna had already closed the amulets and gathered them up ready to give them to Caden. She knew he was the one who needed to handle them, but he was also needed to heal Morden.

Caden worked for an hour before he sat back and lifted his hands off Morden. "I have done all I can. He must rest now." He motioned for Varen to come near and he lifted Morden onto Varen's back to take him inside the palace. He stood and stretched his back looking immediately for Lauranna.

"Jasmine took her inside already," Alna said gently as she handed him the amulets. "Her magic is contained. Now she can be destroyed. The question is...how shall that be accomplished?"

Caden looked at the amulets and then at those still gathered. "Prince Rook. This is your mother, how would you wish us to go forth?"

Rook was shocked. He was leaning heavily on Naild, but he straightened as much as he could, "I do not deserve such consideration, nor does she. She deserves whatever punishment you deem fit, and even that I feel may be too gracious. Do not spare her anything on my account, I assure you her pain will not wound me at all."

Caden nodded, "She will remain in her cell until such time as Morden is alert and well enough to give counsel. he has been the most injured in this and should have a say in her sentencing." He gripped the amulets and turned to go, "Forgive me...I must see that my wife is well..." He ran tot heir room and gently sat next to her on the bed. His hand reached up to brush the hair back from her face, "Always so brave..."

Naild helped Rook inside and to an empty room where he could rest and then he returned to Rebecca. "You should rest too...but...are you hungry?"

Varen went to the kitchen to prepare food for whoever might be in need of it, somehow assuming such magical ordeals would create appetites in at least some people and those who had not expended magical energy had been through a lot emotionally. Either way, food was called for and it was a way to be of help instead of standing around feeling like a statue.

Aldin carried her back inside at the end of the day and prepared another dose of laudanum for her. He felt certain she might only need one or two more, but he'd see in the morning. Her body was healing extremely quickly, aside from regaining her memories which could be a choice on her part. He cleaned up everything and washed dishes before resting nearby. The days were definitely going by with more joy than before and he was very glad to have some kind of purpose again.

Nathan, still terribly sad, but learning he had much more magic than he'd previously ever had, wanted to comfort Morden, to see to it that he got all the rest he would need before his heart was healed... "Alna, love... I will be with my brother for a few hours tonight... but let me know if there is anything you need... I love you and will join you soon." He promised, gathering her up in a big, long hug, then kissing her deeply. He went to Morden's room then, and sat in a chair right by his bed, ready to greet him when he woke, to tend to any of his needs, or to send for Caden again if anything went wrong.....he'd missed so many years even knowing he had a brother.... He didn't want to abandon what was left of his family.~

Lauranna was almost too still. Her skin was almost blue-white and she didn't seem to be breathing easily... The transferring of her magical cores, -both- had taken its toll on her.... she would recover, but slowly. She would have to sleep a bit longer than usual... "S.....sorry...Caden......Baby... didn't like ...it..." She told him in her sleep, then fell silent, curling up next to him.. "Morden.. will he live..?" She asked... then sat bolt up right, remembering the ritual.. "Chasitanna--- is she okay?" She asked, her eyes were still closed, but her panic and worry didn't let her stay still!

Rebecca hadn't stopped crying for a minute..."No.. thanks.. Niald.. I don't want to eat... but....." She wiped her tears on her sleeve, sitting down on the bench outside the courtyard...."I ...........I don't know what to do...or who I am...or...anything that could even help Morden....I feel like a freak...." She brought her knees up, her head down ontop of them, giving up any hope of pretending to be okay.~

Jasmine trotted lightly down to the kitchen where Varen was, placing a kiss on his cheek. .. "That smells heavenly... Let me help.." She said, chopping up onions, carrots, and other vegetables. She helped make iced tea in tall pitchers, filled glasses, and even added fruits, sandwiches, and chips, to be sure everyone ate plenty.

Rebecca was definitely too distraught to want to eat... her stomach almost felt sick, from how much violence and horrendous things she had seen happen... and all that she'd learned about herself and Gavin still haunted her mind... everything just wanted to explode. Tears slid down her eyes, shining in the sunlight as she sank to the bench in the courtyard... drawing her knees to her chest, she couldn't do anything except lean against Niald... "I'm ... not hungry..." She assured him, unable to form many words right then.

Oralie let Aldin carry her back inside, keeping her good arm around his shoulder. True, the pain had gone down considerably, but it was still there, reminding her she was not up to staying awake -all- day and night, but soon she felt certain she'd be alright without the medicine. She smiled, took her laudunum, and chased it down with a glass of wine to ease the after taste. "Thank you..Aldin... if my memories do- become clear again... I'll let you know... and we can just... decide what to do from there." She added, her eyes already closing....

This time her dream was clear as daylight,...the man standing in the emerald house was brown-haired, with intense blue eyes...a triangular, finely chiseled face... pale skin, wearing a white tunic, and black pants. He had a book in one hand, stirring some sort of .... oh...spaghetti sauce- in the other... He turned to her as she walked through the door... "Serena..... Please... come home.... I miss you... as your son misses you .... We all miss you...Serena... we can't find you...." She didn't even know his name.......~