Caden woke very early the next morning. There was much to do and he wanted it done as swiftly as possible. He kissed Lauranna's forehead and smiled when he felt their son kick between them. He bent to kiss her tummy, "Shh little man...let Mommy sleep a bit..." He knew it wouldn't happen though. They'd both slept well and soundly last night after the full day yesterday. He knew she'd be up and raring to go again. Lifting his eyes he'd see hers and grin, "Seems our son is hungry....shall we get out of bed and dine with the others?"

Varen too woke early, determined to have breakfast ready and waiting for everyone so they could have a good meal before making their way to Serena. He slipped quietly out of bed to let Jasmine rest a bit longer and made his way to the kitchen. Biscuits were soon in the oven and then he began working on bacon, ham and sausage to go with the eggs he'd make once they were done. he shook his head, "What am I thinking?? I forgot the coffee..."

Chastianna sighed sadly, "You may be right about that...but hopefully his father is still alive and can maybe explain a few things. His father couldn't have been evil...King Caden is such a good man." Thinking about that, she fell into a quiet restful sleep and woke the next morning feeling calm and refreshed. it was odd to feel safe. Stretching her arms over he head she let out a very kittenish sound as he body shook off the last of her sleepiness. she felt someone next to her and smiled. Oh right, Gavin was there...thankfully. She turned on her side to face him and just looked at his face. Gracious he was handsome. her fingers lifted to trace across his lips and then withdrew quickly as she felt almost singed by the slight contact. What was going on between them? Why did she have such a violent reaction to touching him? Not that it felt bad, actually it felt right, but it was so strong. The smell of biscuits cooking caused her stomach to let out a loud growl of 'feed me woman' and she blushed furiously, hoping he wasn't awake to hear it.

Naild was glad she was seeing the truth of her place here, "I am as well. Though I can't ever remember feeling like a kid...I guess I always felt it was my job to take care of my mom and be a man." He shrugged slightly but smiled, "I like to remember those few hours though...you looked so beautiful in that gown...some day...when we get married I'd love for you to wear that and I'll wear the armor." It was a romantic notion, and not really one he'd normally have but it seemed right somehow to him for them to recreate that time. It would be like righting that events of that other time line and merging it with this one, at least in his mind. They could get there and then continue their lives together. They both slept soon after and he woke to that same aroma of baking biscuits. "mmm...."

Aldin winced when she immediately stopped moving her arm. "Well that was a bit much to hope for even with your fast healing. Bones don't knit in a few days." He was gently putting her arm back in the sling when he heard a familiar whistle. "Well I'll be...no need for the flag..Mirq is here..." He left her and leaned over the balcony, waving, "You are a mind reader my friend, come on up."

Mirq looked confused, "Mirq no read." He climbed up easily though and plopped onto the balcony.

Aldin smiled and patted his shoulder, "come meet my friend Oralie..."

Mirq blinked, "Friend?" And looked even more confused and when sh saw Serena he tipped his head, "Mirq see before??" And then his head tipped the other way before he nodded, "Mirq HAS seen before...not know name...see yes. friend of Queen...yes?"

Lauranna grinned at Caden, wincing a bit as her son kicked at dad's hand, but smiled, petting her tummy gently to soothe the baby. "Of course- we need to get Serena back... and see what the day has in store for us." She noticed she was hungry as well, baby hadn't fed in a while either! "Sorry little guy.. .we're going to get that problem fixed right now. Promise." she quickly showered, then changed into a casual blue-shirt with comfortable blue pants, socks and sneakers. She looked more Earth-girl today than ever, but her growing tummy sure did need space! And she wasn't really feeling like a long gown today- the weather was cooler yes, but she would be fine... "I smell biscuits, honey, and strawberry jam..." Lauranna stated, nudging Caden with her head. She was eager to get downstairs, but would wait while Caden got dressed and ready.~

Gavin snickered at Chastianna's cat like moment. "Meow." He said, his onery nature taking over as he was fully rested as well. He sat up, popped a crick in his neck and nibbled her shoulder adorably until she too was out of bed. He'd felt her slight brush of fingers across his lips, and it had tickled... but he loved her touch more than he'd be able to admit without embarrassment... He wasn't afraid of rejection...more to the point he rather expected it sooner or later. He helped her sit up however and smiled. "Morning sleepy... shall we get presentable and have breakfast?" He asked, his eyes slightly hazy from sleep, but warm and definitely more relaxed than yesterday.

Rebecca smiled at Niald, holding his hands in hers... That dress sure had been spectacular! "I also look forward to those days..... But we'll have to be careful if we get transferred to another time line.." She added.."I don't think I had a childhood either really.... of course my life has been one elaborate lie... so... who knows. I just hope our future is a good one... more peaceful..." She added, yawning... They slept blissfully. In the morning, she was definitely smelling biscuits.... and delicious jams with fruits. She smiled... "Food... it smells really good this morning.. shall we get decent and go help?" She asked Niald, having had such a tormenting dream of the day her parents lost her.... it haunted her, though she'd not speak of it.

Jasmine and Varen were swiftly preparing breakfast for everyone- with such a large group to feed, they made sure the biscuits were all finished at the same time. Rebecca was already loading the long dining table with butter, honey, peanut butter, jelly, and fruits. There would also be scrambled eggs, and tall pitchers of milk or orange juice. She felt refreshed from such a good night's sleep with Varen the previous night.

Nathan was reluctant to leave Morden, but his condition though stabilized, remained unchanged. He felt incredibly guilty and worried as he showered and dressed for the day- but he knew Morden would remain comfortable, and safe in bed for now, and he needed to check on Alna as well as see what else needed done today.

Mirq! Oh... now Serena recognized the orc as he climbed through Aldin's window... "I remember you too! You helped Queen Laurana and King Caden a while ago when we were still clearing out those houses. How have you been Mirq?" She asked, smiling at the sight of a familiar friend. She was both thankful and sad her memories were fully restored. She too, regretted her arm hadn't been as efficient at healing, but she knew she'd have it fixed in no time when she returned to Morden. A little longer wouldn't matter...she prayed Morden and everyone else was safe!

Caden showered in less than two minutes and was dressed and ready to go in another two, though his hair was a bit damp and curling at the ends. He offered his arm, "Shall we then?" he asked as he bowed a bit to her. "You look beautiful Lauranna...carrying our child makes you even more so in my eyes." And it did. She seemed to him to glow with an incredible inner light. They entered the dining room as Rebecca and the tohers were filling the table, "You do know there's no need for all this work...."

Varen huffed out a deep breath, "it is not work...it is a pleasure. Please sit and enjoy."

Naild was helping put the last few plates of food out before he held Rebecca's chair for her to sit and then took the one next to her. He was eager to get started on the journey to find his mother but he didn't want to ask until everyone had eaten. It seemed rude.

Chastianna felt his lips nip at her shoulder and that now familiar sizzle ripped through her. she sat up and yawned, "It seems the better I sleep the harder it is to drag myself from it in the morning..." she shrugged ans stood as she moved toward the bathroom undoing her clothes as she did not mindful of him at all or if he was looking. Honestly she wasn't even thinking about that. she was still in a hazy sleepy mindset but she closed the door and showered. Wrapping her hair in one towel and wrapping herself in another she stepped from the bathroom. Her legs and arms were still wet but she smiled, "All yours..." she said as she strode past him humming softly. she let the towel fall from her hair and patted at the ends with it before stepping behind the hinged wall to dress. She was feeling oddly apprehensive today for some reason but she pushed it aside and put on the golden pants and shirt that were light and flowing if a bit daring in the neckline for her normal tastes. She looked in the mirror though and had to admit it fir perfectly. she let her long waves flow down her back but tied the matching bow around her head before stepping out from behind the screen. "All ready.." she said having expected him to be done and waiting.

Alna had slept poorly having spent most of the night pacing and pondering how to relate the vision to the people she had grown to respect and care about most. Were they even ready to know such things? She wasn't sure, and the voices were not giving her clear direction in the matter either. should she keep silent? Should she wait? Ugh it was agony of the worst sort. Long before daybreak she was showering and trying to hide the evidence of her fitful night behind a bit of make-up and color but she wasn't very good with such things having spent most of her life blind. She tried though and she was almost happy with the results, at least there was a brightness to her complexion and her eyes looked a bit bigger. she could see why women spent time doing this every day. It was surely an improvement. She made her way to Morden's room thinking to find Nathan there, but instead found only Morden. She heard the shower though and realized Nathan had decided to shower. Morden was unchanged and it worried her. she leaned down and whispered, "Fight you stubborn fool...I need someone to argue with..." Her hand gently rested on his chest then, "She will be back...fight...do not lose hope....you are needed."

Morden was lost in a fog. He could not see anything or anyone. despair was creeping over his soul and crippling his mind. He heard something then. Old fool? Who would dare? Oh Sovalna...of course that witch. But then she said Serena would return, and he knew she didn't lie about such things. He drew a sword and began slashing at the fog as if it were a mortal enemy and to him it seemed as such. he needed to fight...

Mirq nodded, "Mirq did help. Queen pretty...nice lady." he smiled and managed to look terrifying instead of friendly with all his jagged teeth on full display.

Aldin patted Mirq's back, "my friend needs to get back to the palace. Can you lead us there?"

Mirq nodded, "Mirq know way...follow..."

Aldin stopped him, "Whoa there...we need to get ready and gather a few things. sit down and have some breakfast. by the way...what brought you here today?"

Mirq sat and grabbed a bunch of grapes, "Mirq worry. No see flag for days. thought friend aldin hurt."

Aldin was touched, "Well thank you..."

Laurana blushed as she was called beautiful, and kissed Caden's cheek. Her long pink hair was in a pony tail, to keep from her eyes and face. "You're handsome as well, no matter what you wear. I love having our son, and he's going to be incredibly spoiled from day one... I'm warning you ahead of time." She grinned, holding his hand as they went to the dining area. The biscuits were already done, but Jasmine made sure there would be plenty extra, just in case. "Really do appreciate all this effort though- anyone need anything right now?" She asked, carrying pitchers to the table, as well as glasses.

Jasmine smiled, and shooed the queen back to the table to sit in a chair. "Please, no straining yourself today Queen Laurana. Everyone's been so busy, and with Helena defeated, there's no real need to fret..." She hoped her words were true!

Rebecca had a weird feeling all morning... but she didn't let on, not wanting to blurt out visions of any arrival Golden Fae ambassadors, ...why would they come here? Rebecca and Gavin had grown up in abnormal environments,... neither of them were the kind of royal people they'd probably expect. She ate her breakfast, mostly in silence, eager as Niald was to begin their journey to get Serena back! But then a new vision dashed that plan... "Oh.. sorry-- just now saw, Aldin is bringing Serena here-- Mirq is helping... Should we meet them half way?" She asked.

Gavin certainly admired the view as Chastianna dried herself off and discreetly chang ed clothes. Hed always thought her figure was perfect, that long wavy dark hair faintly shimmered in the dim morning light. He smiled at her words, odfly uneasy himself that day...it seemed his instincts and intuition had become much stronger than before, but he didnt dwell on them. "Yoiu always look great in the morning....that color suits you. Ill be out of the shower soon and well go have breakfast." he told her, smiling and kissing her cheek on the way to the bathroom . Once under the hot water, he focused on using plenty of Axe bodywash and shampoo, cleaning and rinsing thoroughly before turning off the water and towel drying himself. He chose a green shirt with black jeans, and sneakers, before walking downstairs with Chastianna. Brwakfast looked and smelled heavenly....but he wondered where Prince Rook was as everyone else seemed to be at the table..he said goodmorning to the group and helped himself to biscuits, fruits and honey..and of course, thanked the chefs.

Nathan hugged Alna in her room, sensing she was still upset and worried about a lot of things. "Come love... lets get breakfast...Morden will see Serena soon enough and probably snap right out of it... If you're going to tell them your vision.. I'll be here to help." He assured her.

Serena grinned. "Queen Laurana is amazing, yes. I miss the lot of them...I'm sure you and Aldin will like meeting everyone there as well." She was ready... except for the problem of no shoes, she should be fine on forest ground. Or however they would get there. She was sad to leave this wonderful house, but she did hope to visit often. . . though that make Aldin sadder..... she didn't want to cause pain to anyone.... it made her heart hurt.

Last edited:
Caden smiled, "I cannot wait for him to join us. He will indeed be well loved." He lifted her hand to kiss her knuckles and walked with her to the dining room. He held the chair when Jasmine shooed her away from the kitchen with a grin. "You tell her Jasmine." he winked and then kissed his wife's cheek. "There will be plenty to help with today...let them have their time to shine." He could tell Varen and jasmine were feeling a bit under utilized, and he well understood that feeling of uselessness.

Chastianna blushed, "Flatterer." She said and watched him head to the bathroom. She had an inordinate amount of improper thoughts about him showering after that kiss to her cheek and his sweet words. Gracious she was going to have to take care or she was going to end up with a shattered heart. He emerged dressed and ready for the day, "Very handsome, indeed." she smiled and took his arm as they went to the dining room. "Do you need any help Jasmine?"

Varen waved her to the table without comment and she chuckled, "That would be a no..." Taking her seat she looked around the table at all of her new family and smiled brightly, "Good morning everyone. I trust you all slept well."

Naild was trying not to squirm in her seat when Rebecca spoke up. He cut off Chastianna's greeting by diving right into the new topic. "He is bringing her here? Mirq? The Orc?" Well that was comforting, at least they'd know where they were going, and he wanted to speak with Mirq anyway about learning to be a blacksmith. Sure, he'd discovered a magical talent or affinity or whatever one called it but he still wanted to be useful. They needed a blacksmith, and he was willing to learn. He looked at Varen and Caden for direction as far as what they should do.

Varen looked at Rebecca, "How could we be certain to intercept them? The paths through the forest are many and varied...it would be very easy to pass by each other without realizing."

Caden tipped his head as he sat down, "Perhaps if Rebecca and Naild were with you, her visions would keep you on the right track. It seems she has atuned to the others closely." He looked at Lauranna for confirmation, "What do you think Love?" He was anxious for Serena to return, and to see Morden rise from the bed he was currently occupying. He looked at Nathan and he and Alna arrived, "HOw is Morden this morning?"

Alna looked at the group, "He is the same, but I have told him the truth that Serena will be returning so I hope he will fight to come back to us." But that was up to him, and she had no control over it. She furrowed her brows and whispered a thank you to Nathan when he held her chair for her. She was abnormally subdued as she ate her breakfast.

Prince Rook was the last to arrive and smiled a very apologetic smile to everyone, "Forgive my manners please, it has been so long since I was able to shower and choose attire...I fear I had a devil of a time remembering how everything went together." In spite of this fact, he looked perfectly groomed and turned out in regal attire with an ascot about his neck and a brocade jacket wrapped about his wide shoulders. He looked every inch a royal this morning and it somehow suited him, without coming across as snobbish or arrogant. He sat and offered his thanks to the chefs and his hosts before filling a plate and eating with absolute delight. "Oh I have missed normal food..."

Everyone was enjoying their breakfast and morning banter when Alna's face went pale and she gasped in a breath. She shot to her feet and her chair fell flat onto the ground behind her as a result. Her eyes roamed the walls as if scanning them, when in fact she was 'seeing' things they could not. Pain stabbed her mind as the vision was torn from her by some sort of magical spell. She let out a shriek and grabbed the hair at her temples with both hands falling to her knees there beside the table. She realized now she should have told them the vision, and not delayed. Now they had no time to prepare.

Varen was at her side in an instant righting the chair, when he felt something. "The ground trembles..."

Naild too felt his new friends were agitated and hiding in fear, "The animals are hiding...quickly."

Varen had enough time to grab his bow from his back when the front of the palace exploded into powder and from the dust emerged two figures and behind them an army of men and women with spears and bows at the ready. The two in front wore cloaks of shimmering gold that fell to the floor in a majestic fashion. The man standing over six and a half feet tall had golden locks that fell just below his shoulders and a full golden beard that was well groomed though it fell to his chest. His chest was bare beneath the cloak and a thick sheath was bound about his waist from which the long hilt of a broadsword could be seen. The woman beside him was much younger, with golden tresses that fell to her waist in twisting ribbons of tight curls. her face, though beautiful was marred by the fierceness and anger that could be seen there. Even the bronze of her eyes lacked any warmth, only icy hatred as she looked at them all dining as if they were blameless.

The man's voiced echoed in the now expansive room that was a gaping hole where the front of the palace had been only seconds before, "You WILL deliver the black hearted wench for trial, or suffer her fate as traitors by her side."

Caden rose slowly, resting a hand on Lauranna's shoulder to keep her seated, "I am King Caden of the White Fae, who are you?"

"I am King Jorga of the Golden Fae. I know who you are. I can feel your mother's core resonating from you...your father's as well." Narrowed eyes bore into Caden and then tore away from him in disgust when they fell upon Nathan, "You...I remember. The King who abandoned the fae at their time of greatest need, never to be seen again." His words were full of venom and loathing. "Do not attempt to deny the fact that you are hiding her. I can feel her ...though she is weak..."

Caden moved from his place at the table and stood before his accusers, "If you refer to Helena, she is here. I have her in a magical cell. We have only just trapped her magic in special amulets...the same amulets she used to trap both Lars and Aura's magic in long ago."

Jorga looked at Caden, "Why would you trap your own aunt? What sort of treachery are you about? Have you somehow convinced these that you are not as black as your mother? As your father?" He looked at the people gathered in the room, "Are you so gullible? So weak minded as to allow a dark fae prince to live among you freely?"

Rook stood then, "And not only one. I am Prince Rook..."

Jorga's sword flew from its hilt and he advanced immediately upon Rook. "You will pay for your crimes along with your mother boy! I know you are Helena's son...her magical signature is radiating from you. You cannot be allowed to live!"

Tamsin stayed her father's hand though at the last second, "Father...behold..." He motioned to Rebecca and Gavin. "Do you not see it? They have the lost ones..." her eyes turned to simmering fire, "Kidnappers! Thieves! How much evil resides in this place??"

Aldin, Mirq and Serena left shortly after breakfast. Mirq had stopped Aldin from creating a conveyance for Serena saying he could very easily carry her on his shoulders, which he was doing as they moved through the forest. Their was was far less treacherous without Helena's magical interference, but it was a long trek nonetheless. Their current pace would find them at the palace right about nightfall. For his part, Aldin was interested to meet these magical royals and to see magic with his own eyes.

Lianna also emerged from the woods, almost in a blur of shining, golden and red light. Her long red hair in its golden-corded braid flared behind her, her elfin-pixie face a mask of rage as angry energy consumed her upon the sight of Rebecca, and Gavin... the two lost siblings! "Maniacle... all of you! Release Princess Rebecca and Prince Gavin to us at once!" She shouted, violently, her arms ached to loose an arrow... right into Queen Laurana- who stood in front of them all, with that barrier sheild around everyone! "Please- calm down. We had no choice concerning Queen Helena... She'd trapped her own son in a dragon's body, she'd caused the kidnapping of your children...they have found haven here. Rebecca has her powers, as does Gavin... they're innocent in all this. Helena had gone evil... she tried to kill every one of us with dark magic.... Let there be no more blood shed, as queen of the white fae I ask this." Lauranna was pale, unprepared for so much anger and wrath!

Rebecca flung herself in front of Rook, her eyes clenched shut tightly... visions bombarding her as Alna even dropped to the floor. She placed the woman in a protective circle of air, helping her to get air into her lungs easier, and trying to send her strength. "Stop... Just stop!" She cried, abandoning the circle, leaving even Niald behind to go speak with these angry people.... "They are not your enemies..." She said to them, knowing she was taking a huge chance of being kidnapped. To her surprise, Gavin stepped forward as well, mostly making sure his sister wasn't unduly attacked.

Nathan held onto Alna, flooding her with his healing powers, stroking her hair, and trying desparately to calm her down...

Serena's feelings of unease increased the closer they got to the palace... something bad was going on for certain! "Hold on.. Aldin- Mirq... magic. I sense angry energy .... and magic... should we hide behind the bushes of the palace maybe and wait?" She wondered, having not felt anything so powerful before... yet so scarily familiar........ it sent cold chills down her spine....

Jasmine galloped out to the others, her own palms full of blue fire, ready to hurl them at the nearest attacker .. whoever these "Golden Fae" hurt she would make them sorry!~

Jorga's sword lowered when Rebecca shielded the son of the dark one. What was this? Had they all gone mad? "Child, step aside. can you not see that nothing good can come from such a woman?"

Rook stepped out of the barrier as well and with pride and regal bearing presented himself to the man, "I can well understand your anger. My mother has done much to deserve such hatred, more than that to be honest. I cannot claim to be completely innocent," he looked the larger man directly in the eye as he spoke, "I knew she was planning something, though I was not made aware of all the details. I was not strong enough to fight her, not emotionally, physically, or magically and in the end she left me in the dark swamp to guard her amulets alone. As the queen has said, I was forced to live as a dragon for hundred of years and when King Caden graciously brought me here my own mother tried to kill me. So, if you feel I must share her fate I cannot do other than allow you to have your justice. I have no life left anyway."

Chastianna raced to Rook's side, "NO....he is not evil, please...I beg you...take me instead..."

Alna stood then and approached the goldens. "I saw your coming...I should have warned them. You are a man of honor, I have seen this. forgive me King Jorga, but you do not know the truth. You see only through your own haze of grief and loss, and it clouds your mind and heart to the whole of the reality of what has happened to the fae as a whole. Helena's treachery was against every race of fae, the dark, the white, and the golden. She did not spare her own, and in fact intended to see all be herself and her sister dead so that they might rebuild a new fae nation of their making."

Jorga was astounded at the people before him. He was however a man of reason and understanding and could not dispute the veracity of their claims, especially not those of the seer. "Seer...you speak true. My heart is darkened by loss and grief. My beloved wife and son were destroyed by the curse of the two sisters." His gaze moved to Rebecca and Gavin, "You are much as I imagined. Brave and pure...my brother would have been so proud." There was a sad glimmer in his eyes, "He searched for hundreds of years for you both. Every time he thought he found you, it was as if you had disappeared. Your mother sat in your room Rebecca and wept. She would not eat or rest though we urged her. Every time my brother returned without you both she faded a bit more until finally she had no more will to live. He could not face the pain of what he saw as his own failure and soon joined her. I wish I had other to say to you both but I do not."

Tamsin frowned, "Father, surely you do not believe this. clearly they lie to avoid our army."

JOrga shook his head, "NO Daughter...they do not lie. You know I would be able to see the lies."

Tamsin let out a frustrated breath. That much was true. her father always knew when someone was lying. Hadn't she felt that first hand on many occasions? "But what of Helena?"

Caden held up his hand, "We all have suffered at her hand," he explained patiently, "We can destroy her together and thus everyone can have their justice and we can forge a new fae empire where all fae are united. In fact you are all welcome to stay here in the palace for as long as you need. We have a large barracks nearby for your army and many empty houses here in the glen. I believe it is time the fae were as one...instead of segmented.

Jorga looked at Caden, "Your words do not match your heritage."

Alna interjected, "He was not raised by either of his parents but by Morden, brother to King Nathan."

Jorga tipped his head, "Morden I remember as well. Was he a victim of the foul ones as well then?"

A;na shook her head, "Not yet...but he lies in peril."

Tamsin looked at Rook, "What of the son then?"

Rook stood rock still and watched. he was prepared to pay for what had been done. he didn't see any reason to be spared.

Jorga peered at him, "If he will submit to my hand...I may consider sparing him."

Rook stepped forward, "Do as you must."

Tamsin felt a ripple of respect for the black one, even though it rankled her to feel it.

Jorga placed his hand on Rook's head and a blinding golden light filled the room. It bore deeply into Rook's psyche and right to the very core of his magical power. He'd never felt anything like it in his life, not even his mother's power had ever felt like this. He shook and broke out in a sweat and pain ripped through him but he did not yell out or make any indication of it except for clenching his teeth and fisting his hands at his sides. Then the light faded and the fell to his knees before the king of the Golden fae. Jorga nodded, "He shall live. You have truly paid your debt and then some. Rise Boy and go free."

Caden could have objected to all this authority Jorga was throwing around, but something told him to let the man have his way in this matter, so that he might heal and move forward. He wrapped his arm around Lauranna and held her close to him.

Mirq shrugged, "Long way to go...keep going.."

Aldin frowned, "Maybe they need help?" he pondered, "We will assess the situation once we are closer..."

Gavin stilled Chastianna with a hand on her shoulder... "Go back to the sheild please.... i couldn't stand for you to be hurt in the crossfire...please listen Chastianna....this is a family affair. " He said worriedly. Rebecca assessed the situation and turned to King Jorga, stunned and full of anguish, especially hearing her parents had searched for her and Gavin hundreds of years! "That trick... what you did to Prince Rook..... take my hand and do the same please." She said to King Jorga, offering her own small, good hand- the other still bore that unsightly gash from when she and Gavin used their blood for the amulets. " She was ready to make them all understand that though they had reasons and rights to be angry... her family was not to be blamed.

Lauranna felt uneasy about Rebecca and Gavin being so close to the Golden Fae... what if they were both suddenly snatched up and taken away... She side-ways glanced over at Niald, to try to see how he felt about this exchange!

Nathan just continued holding Alna, trying to make her feel better, and clear-headed.... he knew she felt bad for not revealing this earlier...but really there hadn't been much time before the Golden Fae's arrival of hostility.~

Serena nodded... "I hope we can help.... it feels bad..." She agreed, remaining on Aldin's back. He had more strength than she'd realized... she couldn't be all that light! "If I get too heavy, I'll walk, okay?" She added, not minding helping out. She knew they had a long way to go; and didn't want to be a burden.~

Chastianna locked eyes with Gavin for a moment and then retreated. she almost ran out again when the golden king laid his hand on Rook. somehow she could feel he was in pain, but not in danger. She wasn't sure that made things any better. She really wanted to blast them all but she had no idea how to use her power, or what her power even was to be honest. The only thing she knew about it was that it liked to zap Gavin.

Caden watched the king of the goldens and felt a bit relieved when he'd finished his examination, or purging or whatever he'd just done to Rook. Well at least the man was rational. He listened to the tale of Rebecca and Gavin's parents and felt a stab of pain for them. How long would he have searched for his son? As long as it took....until he died....which whichever came first. That was perhaps the sister's greatest sin right there, separating those children from loving parents only to abandon and abuse them. Seeing the change in the man he stepped away from his wife and pressed his hands together tightly as a ball of intense blue light formed and then spread them wide. His voice rang in the hall just as Jorga's had not long ago, "The Time has come to stand before your accusers and pay for your sins!" A loud clap like lightning snapped in the room and there stood Helena in all her unholy glory, but now stripped of her powers.

Helena blinked as her body was transported against her will to another location. She tried to stop it but her power was not great enough. How was that possible?? Who was stronger than she? She had not only her own magical core but the claimed cores of Aura, Lars and Hannah. she looked about and her eyes beheld the army of the golden fae. "Well well...you were not destroyed after all. Pity."

Jorga growled at her words, "We are stronger than you imagined, and you will soon pay for all you have done."

Helena looked unphased by the threat to her. She looked and saw Rook still kneeling on the floor as he was trying to regain his breath. "Easily defeated the boy eh? Think that impresses me? He's a weakling, an embarrassment. You have no idea what you are dealing with, and I would advise you to rethink your plans."

Tamsin pulled the double edged dagger from it's sheath and stepped up to the woman, pressing it to her throat. "Shall we see if you bleed like the rest of us? How long would it take you to beg for mercy if I began to slice your skin off inch by inch? A speedy death is too good for you..." She spat in her face then still holding the knife to Helena's throat.

Caden didn't have time to warn her about getting too close and the words were leaving his mouth when it happened.

Helena's eyes turned icy and black when the girl stepped forward. She could tell some of her power was gone, but she still had Hannah's core to tap into which had always been the strongest of them. It wasn't the same as having her own core, which was second nature, and its power though great, was not so powerful in her control, but still it was magic to draw upon. instantly, the knife was suspended in mid air quivering, as if barely held back from the finishing blow just in front of Rebecca's face. The girl who had been threatening her was now clutching her own throat fighting for breath. "Follow me if you must, or you can save the imps....the choice is yours!" She the disappeared in a cloud of red mist.

Caden used every bit of his magical power to hold Helena there and for a few seconds he was able to do so, but he knew his power alone wasn't going to hold her there. He wasn't sure if anyone else was going to help him or not, but he did hope someone would help Tamsin and Rebecca.

Rook saw what Caden was doing and moved to add his own power to Caden's by touching his shoulder and pouring pure magic into him.

Naild grabbed Rebecca and pulled her to the ground, but the knife pointed at her still as if it had some kind of honing spell on it.so he put his body between her and the knife just in case.

Jorga went to Tansin but he could do nothing, so he too added his power to holding Helena there captive. If his daughter died then that would be something more for her to pay for this day.

Varen came up behind the knife and reached out with his right hand to grab it. The bracer on his wrist glowed intensely as he did so, but it came into his hand easily enough. His bracers were able to nullify magical spells of this kind placed upon weapons. They had saved his life many times. He was grateful for them today as well. He glanced over at Tamsin though and frowned, "I can do nothing for the girl..forgive me."

Naild realizing that Rebecca was no longer in danger looked up and saw Helena hovering in midair clearly angry that she hadn't been able to make the clean getaway she'd planned. his own power was different than everyone else's but it had use. He placed his hands on the floor and called out to a few of his friends. Soon spiders of every kind were descending from the cracks and crevices of the ceiling and wrapping Helena in a thick layer of silk.

Helena became distracted trying to shoo them away and prevent them from doing as they wished and the others were able to overpower her magically as a result. She fell to the ground with a loud thud and cracking of bones. The spiders continued their work as Helena screamed obscenities and threats at them.

Tamsin though was turning blue.

Mirq carried Serena easily not even winded but the slight burden.

Aldin nodded, "I cannot sense magic but I can clearly see that nature is reacting to something," he pointed to the trees and sky, "The birds and on the move as are the monkeys and deer." Why would magic cause such a thing? Odd, very odd. Hopefully they weren't walking toward something natural in nature, like an earthquake or volcanic eruption.

Rebecca screamed briefly as the knife managed to knick her throat, just slightly, bright blood flowed out, but Niald blocked it from doing any further damage. She grabbed Niald in another moment, rolling them both out of the way. Coughing, she wiped the cut's bleeding away, thankful it hadn't severed the neck any further! She was unharmed otherwise, but Tamsin... she was turning blue! Tears welled in Rebecca's eyes, but before she could call on fire to blast away at Helena, another Golden Fae arrived, her long pale blonde hair highlighted in light blue streaks shaped like lightning bolts and pale silver clouds, hung at her waist in a tight braid. She had an oval face, intense, shimmering grey-blue eyes, right now full of more fury and rage than any other fae present! "Helena! Will you just die already- I never could stand your sneaky, deceitful nature!" As the sky turned completely black however, she remembered there were other Fae present who'd suffered terribly at Helena's hand and attempted to reel herself in, though her magical core was bursting with electricity, rain, and almost tornadic- like strong winds! To the kings present she bowed. Her shimmering silver tank top rustling with the beads at the end. Her matching skirt was slightly ruffled as well. She had a very difficult time controlling her inner sky-magic.... "Kings of the Fae... both white and Golden.... At your command... or permission from all around... I could help you all end Helena.... just say the words and the sky will burn her from inside out." She said, her blue-grey eyes full of storm clouds, glowing white!

Lauranna darted out of the shield, terrified for Tamsin, who still continued losing blood, and air! She held the shield in place, but also gathered the poor woman in her arms, kneeling on the grass beside her so she could throw more golden-violet light into the fallen fae..... She healed the wound quickly, then restored the lost blood, and repaired whatever damage that knife had caused! "At ease Tamsin.. I will not let anyone else be hurt today." Lauranna said-- though she did exclude Helena! She gazed at Caden, hoping he and King Jorga would give Claire permission! She also healed Rebecca, ushering her, Tamsin, and Niald back into the shield... ready as everyone else to see Helena tortured before she died.

Jasmine went to stand by Varen, ready to use her own magic if he needed any extra help! From the looks of things however, Claire was pretty impressive, though now it was raining really hard, winds were howling through the tree tops...and the lake beside the palace was practically roiling with cold waves!

Nathan wasn't sure what to do! But as a former king, he sure would have given his permission! He couldn't wait for all of them to be free forever, from Helena!

Serena winced, as cold rain drops suddenly fell upon the three of them from nowhere! "Weird- the sky was perfectly clear a moment ago... Not sure this is a normal storm, Aldin, Mirq.. be careful..." She warned, her hair soon damp as they were instantly soaked through! The ground soon became very muddy as well... Yeah.. they were probably about to walk into a huge, terrifying scene!~

Caden looked at Jorga, "I defer to your claims. We have been wronged yes, but what was done to the golden children was by far the most heinous of all."

Jorga looked at Claire and held up a hand, "Calm yourself...I have no desire to be knee deep in mud..." He drew in a deep breath and looked at both Naild, who had put himself in harms way to say a golden and the son of the wretch they held captive. Hi was impressed by both, but then his gaze moved to Rebecca and Gavin, "Speak children of my brother. You have been the victims of a great evil. What would you have us to do?"

Tamsin was fighting to stay conscious, though it was difficult and her head was swimming from the lack of oxygen. When someone ran to her and began to heal her, she was grateful. It did bother her that it was not one of her own to first reach her, but one of these others. still she was glad for the air that finally entered her burning lungs. Feeling rain hit her she closed her eyes, thinking how unfortunate it was for the rain to choose that moment to fall upon them. she wasn't alert enough yet to realize that Claire was causing it.

Alna watched all of this with a mixture of weariness and anticipation. She was ready for the end to come for Helena, but she knew this was just the beginning of the revelations that would unfold today, and she was worried about the ramifications of those tidings for the people gathered.

Chastianna stood barely behind the barrier willing Gavin to join her, but also wanting him to find peace within himself so that he could become everything she felt he was destined to become. hearing the king give Rebecca and Gavin final say on what would happen had her wondering what they would choose. Gavin didn't seem to have much hatred in his heart for the woman even though she'd treated him horribly, but she'd been the cause of great suffering for his sister, so she was curious to see what he might say.

Rook was finally able to stand and he looked over at his mother being covered over with layer after layer of spider silk. He looked at the brother and sister, "If it were my choice, I'd leave her to the spiders...send her back to the place Caden had her and let them have her..." He watched the woman with the lightning in her eyes and hair and knew she could end things quickly, but he didn't believe his mother deserved such mercy.

Naild helped Rebecca stand and join Gavin. Whatever she said he would abide by, and if they wanted his friends to finish her he'd turn them loose to do it.

Mirq slogged through the mud as if it wasn't even there, making an interesting squish squish noise as he walked. "Rain feel nice...Mirq hot."

Aldin chuckled. His boots were slipping around in the mud but as Mirq noted it wasn't nearly as hot. "How much further Mirq?"

Mirq looked pensive as if he was thinking really really hard, "Friend Aldin pace...one hour..."

Rebecca was surprised her own opinion was called upon for the matter of Helena's death.. Normally she didn't embrace violence... and she saw Claire struggling violently to not call down lightning bolts! The spiders were definitely making Helena scream in agony as they bit her over and over, quite gleefully, remembering, surely, the time they were summoned by Sheena and that other guy..Andrew. "I say the sooner she is gone, the sooner we can talk reasonably together..." Rebecca said. Gavin had to agree. "I too, would like Helena to suffer... but ... I know from yesterday's experience.. and this whole week- she can do so much damage... A fast ending is preferred. At least by me... I don't wish to see anyone else fall at her dark magic." He added, remembering poor Serena and Morden.

Nathan was fascinated... really intrigued! "Weather magic... Alna.. have you seen the like of this? Controlling storms?" He asked, squeesing her hand, and keeping her in his cape to protect her from the cold...

"Sorry... " Claire sighed, calming the storms down in the next instant, though how she itched all over to shove lightning bolts down Helena's throat! maybe strike her eyes and blind her or just fizzle her brains from the inside...! It was hard for her to control the raging sky when it unleashed... but she managed. If anyone looked closely, her entire thin body was covered with henna-like tattoos of golden lightning bolts and rain patterns...

Lauranna soon had Tamsin completely healed and on her feet. "Your golden fae are probably uncertain how to deal with Helena's power... but no worry- I will always step in when needed." She told the girl.

"Oh look- as soon as it started .. it's stopping..." Serena noted, though the air still felt much cooler and refreshing to travel in now! An hour.. Mirq said they'd be there in an hour... ! her heart raced.. Morden.... would he be alright when she got there...? would they all be alright?

Jorga lifted a hand, "So be it. Release your power Claire." he waited for the hairs on his arms to stand on end as they always did when Claire released her magic. It made the air prickle with electricity. It was indeed interesting to watch...the first time...but Claire's rage always produced a lot of rain and mud...a lot of mud.

Caden saw both sides of the coin in this. suffering was what she deserved, but peace was what they all deserved and that would never be found among them while she lived. He nodded to the two in agreement with their decision and then waited for the light show to start.

Alna shook her head, "no...I haven't but neither have I seen one of Naild's talent in my lifetime. It seems with all this betrayal and treachery that the glen has seen fit to gift the old magics back to the fae to rebuild our world." Not many understood that all fae power was directly connected to the glen. It was a place, yes, but it was also alive and sentient. Alna knew all too well what the Glen was capable of and what it would do to protect itself and the fae.

Chastianna smiled at Gavin's words. Pride and affection welled up within her at hearing him put his own personal pain aside for the sake of everyone else's comfort and peace of mind. She was still worried that these golden fae would want to take him away but she was so very proud of him. she was wondering what he was thinking about all of this he'd learned and couldn't wait to talk to him about it.

Varen nudged Jasmine, "Have you seen magic such as this?"

Mirq continued to move a little sad that the rain stopped, but not giving it any other thought than that.

Aldin nodded, "I hope so...but this is indeed the weirdest storm I've ever seen..."

Claire smiled, then her powers reactivated with a cut of her arm with a dagger... Everyone knew that the black lightning she wielded was far stronger than the other kind. As the storms instantly raged again, she made sure several drops of her blood hit the ground... The skies opened up again, bolts of lightning streaking through the grey-black clouds. One bolt of lightning was then summoned and it fell from the heavens, striking Helena directly in the back, the electricity then shot out of Claire's still glowing arms, pulsating with even more energy and power than was safe for herself to use. She didn't mind the massive energy drain, not when the results were final and effective... "As above... so is below... Where your soul shall go." She rhymed, as the electricity sizzled and rapidly burned Helena until she was simply a pile of ash on the forest floor, which the rain indeed turned into mud!

Rebecca watched in awe, standing close to Gavin, admiring such complete control over the skies and weather....

Gavin wouldn't go anywhere he didn't want to.. .and he'd definitely make sure Rebecca was unhurt as well!

"It's definitely effective..." Nathan added, then watched as Claire called the skies back into perfect calmness, washing away mud off King Jorga and the others, before she let it all die down completely... the skies even went back to sunny and cloudless, though the storm had lasted at least 20 minutes!

Lauranna just stood, holding the sheild longer, keeping it strong as possible, not minding the rain at all, though the loud noises were certainly causing her kid to kick slightly in protest.~

Jasmine smiled a bit sadly at Varen....."Yes.. once..." She admitted softly, not wanting to say anything further.. Her past was something hideous, she didn't want to bring it up at a time like this..

Serena blinked, just as Aldin had said that, another storm blew in! Then blew out! "Okaaay... we have a weather-magic user at the palace. Has to explain it." she said, glad they were getting closer, but also apprehensive! She hoped she wasn't leading Aldin or Mirq into more danger!

Rook watched as his mother was turned to ashes and then gone. he knew that there should be some sort of pain, anguish, grief...something that he felt watching it, but the only emotion he could claim was relief. maybe he was the terrible person King Jorga first suspected him to be. What sort of man watched his mother be fried and felt nothing?

Caden watched all of this without emotion. He was glad it was done and over and that his son would be safe from the threat of the evil sisters.

Jorga watched too, feeling the justice of it free him of age old bitterness and the ever driving need for revenge. It felt good to have that weight gone. He'd been carrying around the burden of it for so long, especially the promise he'd made to his brother to find the lost ones. He turned to them then, "You have been much sought after, for a long time. You are welcome to come with us and learn of your kind." He turned to Caden and Lauranna then, "Allow me to repair this damage and apologize for the manner we presented ourselves here today. You have acted in good faith and it restores my hope in the future." He lifted his hands and chanted an ancient language that none knew but the golden. The bricks and glass of the palace were restored instantly and they were all standing inside the throne room.

Caden stepped forward and offered his hand in friendship, "You might have knocked..."

Jorga laughed loud and full and shook the offered hand, "That would not have been so dramatic an entrance though, but yes. I could have. Once we felt Helena's magic free it caused such alarm that we could do nothing but seek it out and destroy it."

Varen glanced down at jasmine and saw a bigger story there but knew this was not the time for it. "Highness? May we go now and find Serena?"

Mirq kept up the steady pace sloshing in the mud happily as they approached the palace which was in tact and standing as it always had. But there was a large army of men standing outside with spears in hand.

Aldin lifted a brow, "Um..is that normal?"

Mirq shook his head but ignored them, "Never see before, but we go in." Which he then did without a thought. "Hello Queen...bring friend..." he announced as he set her on the floor.

Naild rushed over to Serena, "Are you well mother?" He wanted to hug her but saw her arm, "You arm is hurt?"

Alna saw Serena and gripped onto Nathan's arm, "She has returned...she must go to Morden..."

Rebecca's eyes were wide at the offer.... and she felt so torn just then... She looked at King Jorga and Tamsin... as well as Claire and the others... Her eyes went to Niald, and they were sorrowful again... "Niald... I regret now.. that I said this family matter wouldn't affect me... It does... more than I realized.... I think I should go with them... " But then she turned to Jorga... "May I be guaranteed a safe return? In...at least a month?" She asked, guilty yet too curious to ignore the pull of her own family.... Gavin hesitated.... He'd rather stay here and ask questions...but he felt quite certain by now his sister would be safe.~

Claire meanwhile, was quite out of energy, tapped out one could say. She wasn't as efficient in regaining her energy as others, but she refused to let it slow her down in any case. Only one thing could restore her energy at a speedy rate... and it was surprisingly... Candy... Most chocolate brought her energy levels fully-ready again, but she'd left her supplies behind, like a dork, and settled for slightly leaning against a tree. When Aldin emerged, carrying Serena however, shock filled her... more visitors! Only... these three were different-- two people traveling with an orc... and one man... the human..carried .......... oh dear... "King Jorga... another Golden Fae arrives..." She quietly said to the king.

Laurana ran over to Serena, very happy to see she was in one peice! "Serena... I can't believe you're finally here! This, is the Golden Fae army... they've come to see Rebecca and Gavin... since they are prince and princess of them.... but are you really alright? Let me heal that arm.." Lauranna very gently, expertly, unwound Serena's cast, and held her hand, sending flowing energy of violet and blue into the woman's arm... Instantly, the rest of her injuries and her broken arm were gone, as if nothing had happened.... She turned to Aldin and hugged Mirq. "Good to see you old friend.. thank you for leading them here. We were all terribly worried." Serena thanked Laurana... "After I was attacked, left for dead... this man pretty much brought me back to life in his house... he was amazing the entire time and I have no way to repay him for such generosity... I wanted him to meet you though- since you're also from Earth... sort of- and I wondered if you could help him find his way back- only if he wants to.." She added, smiling at Aldin.

Nathan came up to Serena then, hugging her as most others did! "You must go to Morden, Serena... please.... he's in his room...but... he's comatose... only you can help him now..." He said softly. Serena nodded, hugged Niald tightly. "I'm sorry I was gone so long, Niald..... I'll be back in a moment..." She promised. Then, she curtsied politely to the Golden Fae King and then hurried back to the palace, searching for Morden... When she found him, she opened the door swiftly, and gasped in shock... He was so pale and his eyes .... they didn't even flutter.. "Morden... my husband.. please... wake up... I'm home... But not until you're with me..." She said, tears forming in her eyes as she lied down beside him, taking him in her arms.... letting him feel her heart beat... She closed her eyes, trying to find him in his mind...~

Jasmine nodded at Varen- perfectly ready to go... but then she was there! And then she was in the palace, to search for Morden.. "I hope she can wake him..." She said.~

Naild heard the offer and waited. She turned to him and he knew what she was going to say before she ever said it, she was leaving. He didn't blame her, not at all. He had nothing to offer her of this nature. She was a true born royal, not an adopted one like she believed. He was nothing, just the son of two fae commoners. He wasn't ashamed of who he was, no he was proud of it. His mother worked hard and did right no matter what, and he'd always revered the memory of his father, and chose to cling to the memories his mother related and not the singular episode in the alternate time line when he'd been horribly disappointed. He'd come to realize that everything over there had been intended to destroy this reality entirely. So he threw all of it away, except for the image of Rebecca in that gown. That would be forever burned in his heart and mind.

Jorga smiled a gentle almost fatherly smile at her, "Of course child, you will be no prisoner. You can return any time you like..." He looked at naild then and watched as Serena ran off, "Who is that woman?"

Naild smiled, "That is my mother Serena," he explained proudly, "I am sure she would have been more friendly if my father were not lying in a coma...he needs her...he thought..."

Jorga tipped his head, "Did you know you are golden?" he asked the boy because he highly suspected the lad was not aware.

Naild pointed to himself, "Me sir? No...I think you are mistaken..."

Jorga shook his head, "nay lad...that woman is a golden fae...and so are you...at least partly.

Chastianna blinked when Rebecca said she wanted to go with the goldens. How could she possibly leave Naild? her heart clenched in her chest. If Rebecca could leave Naild then Gavin would surely leave her. He didn't know her that well, not at all compared to Naild and Rebecca. She rushed forward and interrupted, "Could you not all stay a while? It seems all of you have much to speak of about the past and what is true and not true..." She had no idea what she was talking about but she was trying to throw anything out there that would keep them from leaving with the lost ones.

Jorga looked around the room, "That's true enough I suppose. There are things I'd like to know..and it appears there are a few things that you all need to know as well."

caden smiled, "The offer of a place to stay is still there. We would be glad to ahve you all as our guest for as long as you can. I have a few questions of my own..."

Jorga nodded, "Aye ... I can well imagine you do."

Rook left the throne room and went outside. He felt stifled and out of place for some reason. He say the weather wizard leaning against a tree and tipped his head as he approached, "Thank you." he said as he bowed, "You have freed me from a lifetime of oppression." studying her though he frowned, "Are you quite alright miss?"

Aldin stood back and watched the whole group embrace his Oralie like a lost treasure and he realized immediately this is where she belonged. He smiled when Serena gave him credit for saving her life and shook her son's hand when he offered it. suddenly he felt more alone than he'd ever felt in his entire life. Serena was then asking them to help send him back and he just watched her run off then to find the man she belonged to without so much as a second look back. He looked at the Queen then still in awe of how she'd healed that arm, but unwilling to ask about it. "I um..."

Mirq wrapped an arm around Aldin's shoulders, "This friend Aldin....good friend..." Then before he could continue his head lifted, "Mirq smell fruit..." And he was gone toward the kitchen.

Aldin chuckled, "He loves fruit..." He rubbed his palm to the back of his neck, "I probably should be getting back then since she is home safely..."

Tamsin watched everything transpire and tried not to look too interested in the human. She'd never seen one before and there he was close enough to touch. She tore her gaze away and looked at her father, "So how long will we be staying? shall I order the army back to Malthen Ana?"

Jorga shrugged, "We will stay for a bit, and yes we will send them home with a royal letter informing the high counsel of our intent to stay and the outcome of our visit."

Tamsin frowned, "They will not accept this...." she began but seeing the look in his eyes she cut her comment short, "But as you wish. i will call for the scribe." She went to the army and called forth the scribe who followed her inside. He took down the edict and rolled it up before Jorga pressed his signet ring into the warm wax the scribe had placed on the seam. "See that message reaches High counselor Ungan." He then turned to Caden, "It appears you have two guests. Thank you for the offer of hospitality."

Chastianna was so glad they were staying. her stomach began to growl loudly when she realized that it was growing dark. "That was a strange day..."

Caden noted the time, "Please have your men rest in the barracks tonight and begin their journey after breakfast when there is light to guide them."

Jorga nodded, "Again, thank you." he stepped outside to give his men their orders.

Varen followed and bowed his head, "If they will follow me, I can lead the way." Jorga so ordered the men and Varen led them to the mostly empty barracks. Seeing the level of organization the golden fae had within their ranks only made him feel more ill at ease about their meager forces here at the palace. This group could VERY easily have overthrown the palace and all within it with this army. He gave directions for where to find food and bathing facilities and then left them to their own wills returning to the palace to start on dinner. Lucky for him, he was a good cook. Maybe he should resign as head of the guard and just be the chef...at least he had a purpose that way.

Alna clung to Nathan feeling all sorts of emotions assailing her at once. But then when Serena appeared he left her to go to her, and though she understood it, she felt empty and abandoned. she knew the emotions were irrational, but there they were. She too was intrigued by the human but wondered what his presence meant. Why would the glen allow him to enter? Why would it allow him to stay?

Morden was slashing his way through the fog when he felt warmth nearby. He heard a voice, "Where are you? I can't find you?" but he made his way toward that warmth, hoping it led home and out of this fog that was swallowing him whole. "Please...keep talking....help me..." his mind was screaming but his physical body was still and showed little sign of life.

Claire was most certainly not alright, but if anything, she was good at false-bravado at acting like it! She smiled warily at Prince Rook, covering her bloodied arm with her sleeve... "Yes. Used a bit more than my body usually allows is all. Black lightning is not something for every day use... but I considered the outcome far more necessary than avoiding a depleting spell." She shrugged, then walked with him towards the kitchen area. "You were brave today,... I'm glad Princess Rebecca chose to protect you.." She told him. Her heart rate was dropping a bit, since using so much electricity often lowered her blood-pressure and her health; but she would really be fine- rest helped as did sugary things.. And she certainly smelled a certain fruit and honey mixture that would work just as good as Candy.~

Jasmine just followed Varen as he lead the new army of men to the barracks, quite impressed with their skills! She thanked them all again for holding back and letting the reasoning of their king interrupt their instincts of anger. That took quite a bit of restraint! She'd already pushed child hood nightmares aside after that familiar display of storm-control. In the kitchen, she warmed up biscuits, and helped cook more of them now that they had much larger company! She didn't mind however- if it saw everyone getting along, she'd be happy for peace.. they sorely needed some!

Rebecca remained behind, ashamed..... She saw Alna and hugged her. "You're not left out... it's just really chaotic right now...." She stared shame-faced at the ground.. "I was so ready to leave everyone behind ..... .I really am just the worst... Tell Niald I'm fine... I just need some alone time... I think I'll go sit by that brook over there.." She smiled at Alna again, and walked down to the stream-fed pond, sitting on a boulder and watching the fish, some feet away from the palace. It had been the first time she'd been alone in a while.. she was certain she'd be unnoticed for at least a little while. She'd go back when she was calmer.....but... poor Niald.....

Gavin went with Chastianna and stroked her cheek lightly.. "Don't fear... I'm not going back... I am content here. I am pleased to meet my family, and some of my questions are being answered... but I think.. Rebecca will be a better use or help to them... she is younger than me... has a chance to really turn her life around... For me.. damage has been too deeply ingrained... I'm now just a stubborn old brat too set in my ways and a little...afraid of seeing another world again to be honest...." He winked.. "So you're stuck with me princess." He added as he helped serve plates that the centaurs loaded up.

Nathan returned to Alna's side, worried about her... "Alna...Talk to me... what's wrong love?" He asked, leading her to a tall oak tree. . . .

Serena clung tighter to Morden, her arms wet from earlier rain, but she couldn't help it. "I'm here Morden!" She said into his mind, projecting an image of herself, free from injuries and her long hair blowing in an unseen breeze. She stood in a clearing of the branches that he was hacking at.... And using her power, forced the branches to move for him, she wanted him in her arms more than anything! When the branches moved finally, she ran into his arms, burrowing her face against his chest..... "Morden please... open your eyes love... I have missed you so much.. I'm sorry I was gone..... but I recovered completely and was brought back to you .... Please..... I need my family." She said, sobs tearing at her chest, tears falling from her eyes, even in her physical form, she was crying..~

Laurana made sure everyone in the room had been healed, then took care of her own needs. Her son had yet to calm down, so she certainly wasn't able to eat as much... "Aldin... I know that had to be a long journey for you, Mirq and Serena.. Please, rest here a while...If you are content on this land you don't have to go back to Earth.. I remember what it was like all too well.. I was glad to escape really... We can easily set you up in one of our rooms.... would that be alright? And one for Mirq as well. And whoever else is staying here." She added with a smile, already making a lot of the guest rooms pretty and well-suitable for the golden fae and the other guests.

Rook walked with her because he honestly was afraid she was going to faint, and the gentleman in him could not abandon her. She called him brave and he shrugged, "I had nothing to lose and much to gain. If that is brave then I accept the compliment." He nodded to her comment about judging the outcome worthy of the expenditure, "You then were brave as well. What do you require to regain your strength? Perhaps I can help you find it? Or provide some energy myself? My powers are mostly of a reinforcement to others." How often had his mother used his strength against his will? So many he could not count them. he was happy to know he'd never be used by her again.

Varen made his way around the kitchen with the ease that only familiarity afforded. he didn't want to think about the other things troubling him, and cooking was one of his ways of relaxing his mind. He prepared several large roasts with carrots, potatoes and onions and pushed the large pans into the oven. Normally they would take a very long time to cook but Lauranna's ovens were somehow faster at it. At the moment he didn't mind that. He began preparing dessert. he looked at Jasmine, "cherry pie or chocolate souffle?"

Chastianna smiled and leaned her cheek into that gentle touch. Had she appeared afraid? She hadn't meant to, even though she was. "i was scared...I'm still getting used to things here...I can't even imagine doing it without you. I'm sorry I know it's selfish of me...I think it's more like you're stuck with me." She joined him in helping with the plates smiling now that she had his assurances he wasn't leaving with the golden ones.

Alna sighed, "I'm feeling strange...there is much to be revealed still. I am half afraid of it." She was being honest, "i'm feeling oddly separated...I have not been shown everything...bits and pieces..." She wrapped her arms around him and held on tight. she was terrified he'd leave her for some reason. Something bad was going to happen and she was afraid it was going to change everything.

Aldin smiled at the queen. She was lovely and gracious and he could not turn down her thoughtful invitation. "I am a bit travel worn and weary, that is true. If you are sure it would be no imposition..."

Morden saw the fog lift and be replaced by branches that he chopped at just as viciously as the fog. Soon he saw her and she was in his arms begging him to open his eyes. He fought to mists that clouded his mind. A deep breath gasped into his lungs as he emerged from that deep sleep and his arms wrapped around ehr and her tears were joined by his. "I thought I'd lost you..." his said in a raspy dry voice.

Laurana's magic felt more refreshed as she drank a tall glass of ice cold milk, and even her rowdy baby calmed down after a glass. "None at all. This palace is huge, with hundreds of rooms, and lots of history behind them. Our friend Mirq is certainly hungry; so please help yourself to plenty of food and refreshments... We are all very grateful for your returning of Serena." She said, smiling.

Claire smiled at how gentle Rook was... He was nothing like his mother, thankfully. "Oh... chocolate is best... for energy..I'm a bit of an odd fae.... most of the others can just poof- restore energy through nature and what have you... I'm so slow sometimes I feel very... defective... my health suffers a big hit after Black Lightning... but I only used one bolt... so it shouldn't affect me too badly." She said, quite unaware she was close to fainting even as she found her seat at the kitchen table next to him. She managed to apologize to the king and queen if anything was damaged by her thunderstorms.

Rebecca remained outside, not hungry... just very, very tired... she actually dozed a bit, leaning against the boulder and took a brief nap!

Nathan smiled gently at Alna.. ."It's been a very long couple of weeks... perhaps your powers need rest as much as the rest of you does... you tend to push yourself, trying to keep up with the others... and love... that's not necessary right now... in fact...." He closed his eyes- sensing Morden was awake finally in the arms of his beloved wife... "What do you say we go to our own home... and take a day off? They'll all be busy in the palace for a while I'd say.... we could use some alone time too." He offered, nuzzling her gently.

Jasmine grinned at Varen's question... "Chocolate please." She said, getting down most of the ingredients with ease from the cupboards, more than ready to make some delicious deserts!

Gavin smiled at Chastianna as they both sat down to eat... Everything was still delicious. "We're stuck with each other then... those are fair odds." He agreed, buttering a biscuit then adding honey before he ate it. He really didn't mind such a fate... He wasn't in the swamp, thank gods... he was safely here at the palace with other people he really felt functioned as a family, more than just friends... He'd finally met his younger sister....

Morden's words brought more tears to her eyes as Serena realized he was finally awake and able to talk... "Shh... love... I don't care what anyone does to me... I'll find my way back to you.." She sniffled, then helped Morden to sit up, realizing the queen's thoughtfulness knew no bounds as she discovered two trays of delicious foods: Biscuits, honey, fruits, even tall pitchers of refreshing iced tea.... "Do you think you're strong enough to eat?" She asked, helping him to drink a glass of tea. She was so relieved he was awake, she'd do anything to help him get stronger.~