Alna grinned, "Hellena dangerous?' she shook her head, "I will stay, but you tell her Sovalna said hello and asks if the Queen would indulge an old friend with a visit." She felt a spike of psychic energy and tipped her head. "I think the young one needs me," she said, "Go and see her, I will be here when you return." She left them and made her way to Rebecca. She saw the stare and the fear. She knew what she was seeing. Her voice was calm and soft, "Do not fight the vision, just watch it. See as much as you can and learn." she said as she held the girl's hand. "You are not there...remember that...you are an observer."

Caden led the two Centaurs to the armory and grabbed a piece of paper and drew a map of the palace. He examined the place and focused. "When they come...I think Andrew will come tot he throne room. He wants to rule. So he will want to sit on the throne. His pompous presumption will be his undoing. That throne is where we will trap him. I just need to speak to Morden about something that is lingering in my mind." He vaguely remembered something about a royal being captured in a space. He planned to use that same spell to trap Andrew on this throne.

Varen looked at Caden, "Are you thinking of making it so he cannot ever leave the throne? Like the long ago Queen was trapped in the golden chamber?" he remembered that cruel spell. "You don't mean to leave him there do you?" he asked. "No one deserves such a fate. Not even that man. He deserves to be punished, not trapped forever."

Caden shook his head, "We need to contain him until he is sentenced by Laurana. The spell contains magic. This will be necessary. But keeping him there, no. He will meet his fate, as Laurana dictates."

Naild watched Rebecca and forced himself to sit up, though he was weak. He went to hold her other hand. He didn't know what else to do.

Morden watched Alna and frowned at the terror he saw on Rebecca's face. What on earth was she seeing? He didn't know if he wanted to know.

Laurana went to find Caden before he deployed something stupid on his own, letting Alna help Rebecca and Nathan meet the old Queen for the first time in years. She found him along with the other two centaurs in the throne room, where Caden was saying he'd trap Andrew on a throne; letting her decide his fate. This made her smile thinly... a fate that would suit Andrew. She pondered a moment. "Meantime we should all play dead in the throne room, right? To make him believe that we were destroyed by his spiders?" She asked, coming up to Caden's side and gazing at the three golden thrones with the velvet plush seats, embellished with tiny diamonds and rubies and sapphires all over. They were each her and Caden's height, mounted in the center of the dais; and the entire throne room was surrounded with gold-framed portraits of those who'd ruled before them.

Rebecca squeezed Alna's hand tightly; but not enough to hurt, she focused, letting her second sight take her outside of the palace, where the spiders were swarming through cracks and holes. "They're here, Alna... the spiders... they're about to attack." She said, shaking. She saw every inch of the throne room swarming with the nasty creatures, soon to spread through the entire palace! Sheena and Andrew were not far... and they were smiling, happy with their evil plan. "Oh mom..why....?" She asked through a frail, sick-hearted voice.

Nathan took a deep steady breath, then managed to find his way down the stairs of Laurana's secret passage; where the Old Queen Hellena sat in her chair, looking a bit more revived, but still very frail. The shock of white-pink hair threw him for a moment, as well as the familiar purple eyes. "Hello, Queen Hellana." Nathan called out. Last time he'd seen her was before his capture of the Douglas.

Jasmine smiled at Queen Laurana.. "If I might... suggest, Queen Laurana; though you do not have to listen to my advice, when Andrew and Sheena arrive to find us all dead on the floors, you could be the one to cast a killing-spell on them both. I'm afraid I do not see it being beneficial to us if they're kept in the dungeons again... they will only continue trying worse and worse things." She advised respectfully.

Caden smiled when Laurana entered the throne room. "I haven't had a chance to talk to Morden yet," he said, "but Vaguely remember something about a spell that trapped someone in a room...I want to use the throne to trap Andrew. he'll want to sit on it when he feels he's been successful. Once he's trapped you can sentence him."

Morden looked at Alna, "Where are Laurana and Caden?" he asked.

Alna closed her eyes and said a soft prayer, "They are in the throne room, go to them." She gave Rebecca's hands a squeeze, "You did well child. Do not fear to see what you are given. it is always for a reason. Long ago I ignored a vision. I did not think it was important. Many people died because of it. I would not wish such grief upon you, child."

Hellena smiled, "You look well Nathan," she said holding out a frail hand, "Please come and sit." She urged him. "I am so pleased that you live. I cannot even express my happiness. I have spend a good deal of time int his room grieving over your death at the hands of that human. And hating my captor all the more for my prison. Had I been free, I would have come looking for you." She needed him to know this.

Morden entered the Throne room and raced to them, "Rebecca says the spiders are already here, making their way into the palace and that Andrew and Sheena are close by as well. Whatever you are planning needs to be decided quickly."

Varen nodded, "I have to agree with Jasmine my Queen. They will not be easy prisoners. And it seems that they are both beyond redemption at this point."

Laurana nodded with a small smile. "I don't relish killing anyone, but you're right. Sheenas the worst mother ive met since foster care, and Andrew is a nerd. just tell me when we need to get in place to play dead and where I need to be. Well end this today." she promised.

Rebecca thanked Alna for helping, and said she'd try harder to express the visions as they happened; but truly, she wasn't sure she wanted more visions. They were scary! And she was certainly heart-broken that her own mother was behind these awful, horrid schemes. It hurt her more than she'd ever describe or admit. No one needed the burden of her own sorrows, so she left them in her heart and soul alone.

Nathan smiled a faint, thin smile. "Yes, I survived, although Serena's Robert, did not... by the time I tried to go back for him... he was dead. But Serena endured a lot of bad-talk and sour-rumors from the other fae people for many years. It made her son very protective. Niald is now older, and Morden lives with them, and is madly in love with Serena. They're very happy together, and Laurana's ordered everyone to stop harrassing Serena and Niald. Morden won't even hear of such talk. I like that they're together. Niald likes him too; though he took a while to warm up to him." Nathan admitted, not talking about his torture. He broke once in his confession to Alna- there was no reason to upset an old queen.

Soon Jasmine walked over to the throne room, anxious for the arrival of Andrew and Sheena. Soon, this would indeed be over as Laurana said, and she was glad there wouldn't be any mercy shown on them. She felt sad that the little girl was even related to such a terrible woman, but while she was raised by Laurana and Caden, she knew that Rebecca would be just fine.

Morden nodded, "there is such a spell..." he said with a frown, "It was used on Queen Hellena," he said, "Many years ago. It is a horrid spell but I can see your reasoning. He went to Laurana and grabbed her hand, "There is no time," he said putting her hand to his head, "Search for it. I will call it entrapment..." He closed his eyes and concentrated on entrapment and the words and components of the spell. He knew she could do it.

Caden moved to Morden's side and put his hand on his head as well, "Two is better than one, if one us fails the other will succeed." He said.

Hellena listened and nodded, "I am glad to hear Morden has finally left his workshop and entered life. It has been far too long for him to be alone." She looked at Nathan, "And what of you?' she asked, "How are you? Are you happy?"

Varen turned his head and furrowed his brow, "Do you hear that?' he asked, "Time is indeed short."

Alna smiled at Rebecca, almost reading her mind just by looking into her eyes. "I know what you are thinking Young one," she said gently. "You are afraid of the visions. Don't be. They will not all be fearsome. There will be times when they will bring a message of great joy, like the birth of a long awaited child by a couple who has despaired of ever conceiving a child, or the renewal of crops after a harsh drought. Thing of them as letters from a friend." Alna furrowed her brows, "do not be afraid. it has begun. We will soon be bitten, probably repeatedly, but the potion will protect us. Naild, Serena...grab a torch off the wall...fire will help us kill a few of them before they can get to us."

Laurana shivered, wondering briefly if there was a possible way to reverse such a terrible spell without hurting Hellena! "I'm searching..." She said, squeezing both their hands and fading out, back into her magic. She was running on pure hyper tension now, and energy was manageable; she drew energy from the outside area, the ground and the sky; but she wasnt stopping to take care of herself or the baby either--- there just hadn't been time to do anything but try to protect everyone, and now she was worried things would still go badly. She furrowed her brows, worrying as she went and searched for the permanent binding spell for Andrew. Finding it, she summoned it in her mind, letting it stay in the front of her brain, not wanting it to leave suddenly. "Okay. I have it." she told him. Then her language switched to pure fae, and drawing from Mordens mind, she said every word she heard, and began glowing bright silver.

Nathan thought a moment. "Yes I'm happy. I love Sovalna with all my heart, and I believe she's happy with me. I'll always try my best to be her heart and soul." He added, glad to keep Hellena company.

Rebecca smiled through her pain. She knew the visions could be both good and bad.."I sure hope to have nicer visions soon Alna...and...do the headaches ever go?" She asked worriedly. Then shook her head as she followed Serena and Niald to grab the torch off a wall.

Jasmine readied a sphere of wind, ready to blast the spiders away if she could!

Caden found the spell as well, though his search had not taken as long, because he knew how Morden worked and knew where to look. He focused his mind of the spell and felt the first bite of a spider on his shin. "They are here." he said as if it was necessary. There were hundreds of them, far more than he would have imagined.

Morden also felt several bites and was actively smacking the spiders away and casting a simple fireball spell at them as he did. There would be a slightly odd sound like a cry almost followed by a sizzling sound. He paid it no mind. He was bit over twenty times before they vanquished them all. Most of them had been.

Hellena smiled, "I am very glad to hear it. Sovalna has suffered much, as have you. It is good you have found one another." She frowned then, "Creatures attempt to enter my domain. They cannot, only those I invite may do so. They are all over the palace however."

Varen too was using a torch to burn the spiders and kill them. But he was bitten many many times, so many he had lost track. they were fast and aggressive, and difficult to evade, especially given his size.

Alna nodded, "If you stop fighting them...the headaches will cease. The pain is from wrestling with the vision...or fearing it. Tension or anxiety multiplies the pain. If you relax and let it flow, there will be no pain." She was glad for her eyes at this time. The spiders were fast, but her second sight was helping ehr 'see' them before they attacked, though her own reflexes weren't quite fast enough to spare ehr from being bitten, she was not bitten nearly as often as they others.

Naild had a torch in his hand and he spent all of his efforts to protect Rebecca and Serena, not himself. So he was bitten many many times before he thought to try something. He spoke to the spiders, ~Why do you do this?~ The reply back was a loud shout but from all of them ~Pain..so much pain~. Naild frowned. ~I am sorry. If you calm yourself...perhaps we can help you.~ The spiders stopped in that room and clustered together in a circle. ~Help us. We will try.~

The spiders from the other rooms moved to where Naild was and stayed in the tight circle. They were shaking, obviously as a result of the pain. ~Thank you...I will get help. Stay here.~

Naild ran to Caden and Morden. "The spiders are in the room where I was...they need help. They are in pain. Can you help them? They do not want to attack, but they are shaking with pain."

Morden blinked, "What?" he asked and then shook his head, "Um..yes...I will do that, you all handle this." he said to Caden and then ran to the kitchen for the starflower potion that was remaining and then followed Naild. The ladies' were there watching the circle of spiders warily. Morden set the potion on the floor in a large bowl. "Tell them to drink it."

Naild nodded, ~He says drink what is in the bowl.~ The spiders swarmed it and within a minute the shaking stopped and they seemed far less agitated. ~We thank you...We will help you now.~ The spiders returned hidden tot he throne room. They watched the people when their tormentors entered this place, they would have their revenge.

Laurana gasped, breaking the concentration as spiders crazily bit her legs, ankles, her arms and shoulders! Had she drank that potion...? She couldn't remember, she'd spent so much time with Hellena; had she gotten a bottle? She worried not much for herself, as she did the baby. In her panic, she really didn't remember drinking any potion... but ...surely she must have. And besides, poison didn't affect royal fae as it did the others, so she took a deep breath, trying to calm her massive panic-attack that was starting to flare. Then, to her utter amazement, just as soon as Andrew and Sheena appeared, bound tightly to the throne, Andrew looking smug as usual... that is.... until spiders swarmed all over him, and Sheena! Good thing Rebecca was in another room; the sweet-child didn't need to see her own mother's execution, though Laurana was fairly sure she would also be justified in seeing it.

Serena was bitten a few times on her hands, and she waved the torch, but once the spiders calmed at Niald's words, she was astounded. Her son was literally saving all of them! "You are so amazing, Niald... keep up whatever you're doing." She told him encouragingly, gently squeezing his shoulders as Rebecca carefully brushed the spiders off, sending them in the direction of the star flower potion by gesturing at them, not able to communicate as Niald was doing! "Niald, this is neat... maybe you can teach me this trick?" She asked hopefully.

Jasmine gently blew a group of spiders right over to the starflower potion, then watched as soon as they recovered, as they swarmed a different direction! Right over to devour Andrew and Sheena! She felt only one bite on her leg, but having drunk the potion, she wasn't too phased. Laurana however, seemed to be battling a small panic-attack.

Caden watched the spiders attack Andrew and Sheena. he did nothing to help them, and ignored their screams for help and mercy. He moved to Laurana and hugged her close, "Shhh...Everything is fine now...just relax." He said as he held her and rocked gently back and forth. He looked over her shoulder and saw Andrew's disgust at their closeness, but he just smiled. He knew he was fortunate to have Laurana, and he was not going to waste another moment. He leaned back and framed her face in his large hands, "Laurana," he said in a deep but soft voice, "I love you." he said and then he knelt before her and lifted a beautiful pink diamond set in a filigreed band of the finest workmanship. "Will you marry me?"

Varen huffed at Caden's timing. There were people in the background being eaten alive by a swarm of spiders, and he was proposing to the queen. This will be a one of a kind memory. Obviously the Lord had an odd sense of romance. He smiled though and turned from them to look for jasmine, "Are you well?' he asked allowing his eyes to caress over her checking for injuries.

Morden moved to Serena's side and kissed her temple. "I am very glad we had the potion in time. And that not all the spiders were killed. This was not their doing."

Alna nodded, "So your dream was true Niald. You have the gift of animal tongue...it is highly useful, as you have just witnessed. The spirits chose wisely in you. I would not have thought to attempt to speak to them."

Naild nodded, "It would seem." He said and looked at Rebecca, "It is not a trick...I ..it is hard to explain. I talk in my mind and they hear and when they talk I can understand them." He grinned at Alna, "If you had this gift you would have thought of it." he was a very unassuming young man, humble and kind. He pulled Rebecca into a tight hug, "I am so glad you are recovered. I was so worried."

Laurana's fear disappeared in that moment; the shining, glittering pink ring was not only dazzling, the way Caden was holding her as he proposed, made her feel warm; as though the room had become an oven. She held onto Caden for support, scared she'd start swaying right then! "Of course I'll marry you, I love you so much Caden." She said, her voice light with joy as she kissed him fiercely, forgetting all about the ring, the spiders that were no longer biting anyone but Sheena and Andrew, and only felt the strong love that held both of them together for this long. She took the ring, happy to put it on her engagement finger, admiring it for several moments, as she then sent several spheres of healing-energy to all those who had been bitten. Soon Alna, Morden, Serena, Niald, Rebecca, Jasmine, Varen, even Nathan down in the hidden room, were completely bite-free. She was too overjoyed to worry about Andrew or Sheena as the spiders continuously bit and eventually killed them.~

Rebecca glanced at the spiders, who were doing awful things to Andrew and Sheena just now in the other room, she knew that much. But she didn't feel bad at all for her own mother, who really was getting served. She smiled at Niald. "I am too, Niald.. I'm very glad the poison didn't hurt you either. And that things seem to be getting better." She added.

Serena sent more waves of calm into the spiders, using her other gift, to help them wind down after so much violence and gore. They'd saved the day for certain, and she wanted to be sure they could return to their nest safely and without further damages.

Jasmine was definitely fine after Laurana sent out those healing spheres.She was happy for the couple and turned to Varen. "They look so good together.. yes, I'm fine... I think we should let them have some privacy... the spiders are doing well." She added.

Andrew was trying to cast spell after spell to free himself from the webs the spiders were creating around them, but it seemed none of his magic was working. "What have you done to me you filthy bastard!" he screamed over at Caden. "He spewed out a few more curses before his eyes glazed over and his last breath left him. Spiders were now eating his internal organs in a frenzied feast of vengeance. They would feel the soothing energy Serena sent but they fed until they were gorged, and then leaving only bones behind the spiders retreated back to their home in the trees of the jungle.

Hellena tipped her head, "odd...the creatures stopped and..seem to be content to attack only two. Most extraordinary." she said and then looked at Nathan, "I wonder, nephew...if you would bring Sovalna to see me. It has been a very long time, but I believe the time has come."

Caden smiled and kissed her back, scooping her up and carrying her out of the throne room and back to their room. He set her down and kissed her again. "I know you probably want to check on everyone, but I need a bit of alone time right now." His smile was devilish and brooked no refusal.

Varen watched Caden carry Laurana off and he chuckled, "That was the least romantic proposal I have ever seen. Lucky thing for him, that woman loves him." He shook his head, "I guess we will not be needing these maps now." That had been a good deal of work for nothing, but perhaps they would be useful in the future.

Morden brushed his hand over Niald's shoulder, "You did a good job Son," he said, "I am very proud of you. Quick thinking and action saved the day."

Niald shrugged, "I am glad I thought of it. Seemed like it was not going to go well..." he said and then blushed a bit. He didn't like the attention being on him at all.

Laurana laughed, as she watched the spiders hurry back home, having destroyed their tormentors rather quickly! They mentally thanked and apologized to Niald for the damage they'd caused. As Caden carried her out of the room, she let him take her from the others and agreed they definitely needed alone time. "And what do you intend to do with our new found alone time?" She asked, her voice light and teasing.

Rebecca felt her own mothers death as the womans evil heart collapsed. She felt her heart shake slightly, but then it passed. She smiled at Niald, then nodded to the throne room. "Finally, no more enemies, for now anyway." She seemed relieved. Serena stood with Morden and contemplated taking their family back home early. She spoke to Morden softly, asking if he wanted to return home. She asked Niald as well.

Jasmine did a final destruction of the skeleton bones in the throne room with her fire magic, cleaning up the mess with the help of air, there soon was no further evidence of Andrew or Sheena. "No need for painful reminders." She explained to Varen as they left the palace. Many people needed recovery time, especially Laurana, Caden, Niald and Rebecca. This was probably traumatic for her especially. "Knowing how Laurana feels for Caden means hell probably get away with a lot in the future too." She added grinning.

Nathan listened to Hellena, and admired the woman's ability to know everything that was going on in the palace. He remembered Alna however and agreed that shed most likely love to visit here. "I'll go bring Alna here, and see what's happening above, and if all the craziness has ended." Nathan said with a smile. He went above to do just that, searching for Alna.

Morden nodded, "It is perfectly safe to return home now." he said, "It seems the queen and Caden will be busy for a...little while...would you like to join us for dinner Rebecca?" he asked.

Naild smiled a bright smile, "Oh please do!" he said, "You can see our house and we can spend some time away from here for a bit." He thought getting her out of the palace where her mother had just been eaten by spiders was likely a very good thing. He'd communicated his thanks to the spiders as they'd left and accepted their apology as well on behalf of all the humans in the palace.

Alna nodded, "That sounds like a very good idea to me," she said and seeing Nathan approaching she smiled and dismissed herself. "How did it go?' she asked as she moved toward him, "You look well..were the spiders not able to get to you?" she asked checking him for bites. "They are all gone now..and they turned on Andrew and Sheena and ate them..I have to say I am glad i was able to see that. Never was there a more fitting end to two evil people ... a bit gory though."

Varen moved out of the throne room and toward the main doors of the palace. Once outside he looked around. "It seems to me..." he said, "That you are probably correct about that." He grinned, "But also...I think maybe we should begin training the guards. Is it just me or do they seem a bit at a loss as to what they should be doing?"

Caden grinned at her, "If you cannot answer than without my speaking, then I have clearly not been giving you proper attention and need to make up for that." He carried her to the bed and began to make up for his lack of attention to her.

Rebecca smiled. "It does seem a good idea. Alright. I think ill leave a note for Laurana and Caden to read, don't want them to worry about my disappearing." She added, finding her sketchpad and a gold pen. She wrote down where she was and that shed be back in a few hours, or in the morning. "I'll need a clean gown...I think this one is well worn." She said, then hurried upstairs for a fast shower and to put on a clean, blue and white gown that went to her knees, clean stockings, undergarnments, and shiny blue shoes. A pendant of a silver chain with a sapphire teardrop was the only jewelry she wore, and then she hurried back downstairs. "Sorry if that took a while, I'm ready to leave when you are." She said, smiling. Serena smiled hack, and lead the way out to their house. Once everyone was inside, Serena settled into cleaning the kitchen first. "What kind of food do you like, Rebecca?" She asked from the counter. "Oh, I'm fine with anything, don't work too hard, I can help if you want." Rebecca added, distracted by looking around the nice clean home.

Laurana just giggled at Caden, and let him carry her to the bed, happy with how things were turning out! She gladly undressed him, and for the next several hours, was fine with letting the world fall away and the two of them merge closer together... they'd really needed this. It -had- been far too long.

Jasmine considered Varen's idea and nodded. "Yeah, I'd like to know how Sheena suddenly escaped the cage, no guards were in the room like they were supposed to be. Shall we go round them up and play drill instructors?" She added, glancing around the palace, trying to see any stray guards.

Nathan chuckled, kissing Alna deeply before replying. "Nothing, big or small is able to get inside that room, love. Hellena has quite a fortress inside there, though I do hope one day we might find a way to break the spell holding her inside.... I think she'd love being a grandmother to Laurana's baby." He added, escorting her safely down the stairs. She wasn't blind any longer, thank heavens, but it was a bit dimly lit on the stairs. "Here she is, Queen Hellena, our Seer, Sovalna. Shall I leave you two alone?" He asked.

Naild smiled at Rebecca. She was always so nice to everyone, even though her life had been so terrible. He hated even thinking about what her life must have been like with Sheena. "I really like this house," he said, "It's not a palace, but it's cozy and nice." He dipped his head a bit, "I will build you a palace if you want one though..."

Morden heard Naild and just smiled. He went into the kitchen with Serena nd kissed her temple as he cuddled her from the side so as not to get in her way while she fixed dinner. "How can I help?" he asked, "And you know..Niald is quite the smooth talker." he said with a grin, "And what's even better is he means every word. I am really quite impressed and intimidated. Am I making you feel as loved and cherished?"

Varen nodded, "As would I," he said with a nod, "It seems impossible she would have been unguarded, but it is the only explanation." They moved around the palace speaking to each guard and telling them to assemble in the gardens by the stature of Aura. They went there and looked at the guards, "Is this everyone?" he asked and the men looked around the group and then nodded. "Ok then," he said sternly, "First order of business is, who was supposed to be guarding the prisoner Sheena?"

One man stepped forward. "I was," he said, "But she tricked me. Somehow I was asleep on the ground with a headache and she was gone. All I remember was her asking for a glass of water."

Varen frowned, "She was crafty. But, we need to learn proper protocol. Such things cannot happen. There was so much panic and possible loss of life as a result. We are going to begin a training regimen and you will all be expected to complete it." He looked at Jasmine, "Anything to add?"

Alna smiled and kissed him back and then went with him to the secret room. Whens he saw the queen her eyes filled with tears as she looked up at Nathan, NO..do not leave." She went then to Hellena, "Your majesty...I am so sorry you are still here. I had no idea." She went to her and reached for her hand. "Forgive me...If I had known...I would have been searching for a way to free you."

Hellena squeezed her hand, "Do not trouble yourself Sovalna, I know you speak true. My prison does a good job of hiding me, as was intended. If there is a way to free me, I am sure you or Morden will discover it. I am content now to have visitors. It has been a long time since anyone has entered my cell."

"It's a good house, Niald. Lots of pretty plants and everything smells nice. You're lucky." She whispered back. Serena had gathered most of the ingredients and was cooking the noodles until they were soft. "Hm.. I guess you could help make the dessert, a truffle cake. Peanut butter....here's the recipe." Serena gave Morden the recipe for the cake, and pointed out the ingredients and where they were.

Jasmine studied the guard that had been in charge of Sheena. He looked untrained, as did the other soldiers. "I think having them up by 6am and train them a good 5 hours each day would straighten them up. I want them each armed with weapons, fitted with armor, and learn to avoid tricks from women like Sheena in the future." She added.

Nathan smiled and stayed with Alna and Hellena, enjoying the conversations they were having. He too, hoped that Morden and Alna were able to free the poor woman from this prison. It looked cozy and beautiful, but sometimes gilded cages were the worst. And he knew she'd want to be free by the time Laurana's baby was born...~

Naild smiled, glad she could see the beauty in their small home. "My mom loves plants. She's always helped Morden grow the plants for the potions he makes to heal people. I'm not real sure why it took them so long to get together actually, now that I see how happy they are together." he shrugged, "Grown ups are afraid to talk about their feelings. They are silly actually."

Morden looked at the recipe and nodded. he made the batter according to the recipe's guideline and popped the cake into the oven. "What else can I do?" he asked snuggling to her side again and kissing her temple.

Varen watched the men's faces wilt a bit and through sheer force of will managed to stifle the laughter that threatened to erupt uncontrollably. "Excellent ideas. So men," he said to them. "Report back here at five am tomorrow morning. Be prepared for physical training. Dismissed."

One guard stopped, "Who will guard the palace tonight then?"

Varen tipped his head, "Jasmine and I will. Rest and be ready for training in the morning." The guard shrugged and left. He turned to Jasmine, "Five mile run?" he asked, "Since it will be their first, and starting at five am. Keep it all easy to remember later." There was no grin on his face, but his eyes were sparkling with laughter.

Alna frowned, "I am so sorry you were here all alone while we were all exiled. How horrible that must have been for you."

Hellena waved a dismissive hand, "It is my own fault." she admitted, "I was naive and foolish. This is my punishment."

Alna sighed, "But so long...it is a horrible fate for anyone."

Hellena shrugged, "Oh I am not so sure about that. I will be visited now, by many people, and I have people looking for a way to free me now. So there is hope. And I have the thought of a great grandchild to keep my mind and heart joyful now. had they merely killed me, I would have none of this."

Rebecca grinned. "Adult feelings are probably a lot more complicated than ours, Niald....I'm sure they would have gotten together sooner if so much crazy stuff hadn't been happening....I'm glad they have eachother now. I'm glad I have you too.." she added, blushing bright red.

Serena just smiled, snuggling against Morden as they both made dinner together. "No, this is fine. I won't have much to do after the noodles are done. Just going to melt a lot of cheese, throw in some green beans and chicken, and let it heat on the stove. What tea should I make?" She asked him.

Jasmine chuckled. "I was right. They've all been terribly lazy just sitting in the deserted palace, but ok well start simple." she agreed, mischievously. "Were going to have to get them all outfitted and properly armed...should we do that now before standing guard?" She asked.

Nathan laughed quietly. "There is always hope, Queen Hellena, and I'm very glad you are here with us. We will all do our best to figure things out." He promised.

Naild shrugged, "maybe," he said but smiled brightly at her comment about them. "Me too," he said. "I will always protect you and care for you...forever." He was looking at her very intently. He was such an old soul in such a young body. "Do you know how to play checkers?' he asked. "We could do that while we wait for dinner..."

Morden shrugged, "What do you think our guest would prefer?" he asked, "Shall I ask her?"

Varen nodded, "There must be a secondary room off the armory where the guard uniforms and gear are kept. I saw only show pieces in the main room. We should find it all so we can take account of it and make sure there is enough for all of them. I am sure The King and Queen will be able to handle any shortages we might have." Caden might not be king yet, but to Varen it was just a formality.

Hellena smiled, "I know you will," she said, "I am so happy to see you all, and have someone to talk to...so tell me...what became of the Douglas? He must be gone if you all have returned."

Alna regaled her with the take and her granddaughter's bravery, though foolhardy it was. She told her of their constant moving from cave to cave, and Caden's constant leadership and strength throughout, and his personal risk to go into the future and find Laurana and bring her back. ''

Hellena listened with a wide smile on her face, "He will be a good king. Laurana will be well with him by her side." She said, "Thank you for telling me all of this. I have been worried about you all."

Rebecca looked confused. Shed never played with board games...or indeed any toys in her entire life. Her mother had only given her endless chores, punishments, or forced her to participate in horrid black magic experiments. There'd never been time to play. "Checkers? Afraid I dont understand...games." she explained, feeling stupid.

Serena smiled, and all the preparations for dinner were all settled in the caaseerole pan, heating up. "Sure. She's a bit too serious, Morden....should we maybe teach her to play more games? She's too young to not have a childhood." Serena asked quietly.

Nathan was smiling a little. "Yes, Laurana has mellowed considerably since that terrible day with The Douglas. That bastard had come far too close to killing Laurana and the baby. Serena had been endangered, but that woman hadn't been screaming obscenities after the man had already broken her shoulder. He shook his head. No, that was not something he wanted to endure again. "Well I know Serena, Morden and Niald will want to visit you as well; but I think Rebecca is at their house now, visiting." He added. Which was a relief to him. That girl had had such a brutal childhood it made him sick to think about it. He wasn't sure of the psychological damages Sheena's abuse had left, but he was certain they'd be remedied with being around much better people.

Laurana rested securely in Caden's strong arms. She'd had a long, long sleep, and now admired the ring on her finger, letting the soft moonlight cause the ring to sparkle. It was so pretty. Caden was so loving and attentive, she never really felt neglected; besides, they had had so much happen to them! They had a new daughter to raise, and a baby boy to prepare for as well.... they'd need a cradle, baby-clothes, lots and lots of diapers, formula in case she couldn't breast feed; ...baby toys, teething rings.... goodness so much came with motherhood! She was just hoping she was up to the challenge.

Jasmine nodded at Varen, and followed him to where all the armor, and extra weapons were kept. It was a room ironically, that Rebecca and Niald had explored recently. "Hm... I guess this is it then." She wasn't sure the armor would be much protection by today's standards.