Alna shrugged a bit, "Every seer has things come to them in a unique manner. I used the cauldron, and it was the only time I could physically see. I will have to learn to adjust now that the vision are coming whenever they want into my physical sight. It will not take me long since I have been dealing with visions my whole life. I will spend some time with Rebecca and see how her visions will manifest themselves." She listened as he spoke of baking and lessons and of them being a team. "I know what a profound impact your baking had on everyone, Nathan," she assured him, "The caves were dark, damp and cold. Not at all like our beloved Glen. The fresh baking every day was a reminder of the way things were and would be again. A sign of hope in the future...you helped us survive." She chuckled, "I am passage in the kitchen, but I am sure with such a fantastic teacher, I can do nothing but improve."

Naild listened to his mother, and all he heard was 'don't grow up.' He waited until she was out of the room and looked at Morden and waited for whatever he was going to add to what his mother had said.

Morden could see that Naild was less than impressed with what his mother had said. "I think you are wise to search out information and guidance in such important matters Niald." he said initially, "We should talk to Caden and Laurana about possible things they feel need to be part of the society now...If you show talent for smithing, it may be a fortunate thing. i know of no one among us who possesses that skill. It is not for everyone though, and will require a lot of training and time to perfect." Morden was thinking that would be just the kind of thing that would keep the two apart some of the time at least.

Naild nodded, "I like to use my hands. I am stronger than i look."

Morden nodded, "I know. I was not questioning your ability, but smithing is more than strength and training. it requires an artistic hand to mold and hammer metal to your will. But, as I said. If you show talent. I know it would benefit our growing society."

Naild nodded. "I will try than."

Varen nodded in agreement. "Perhaps a visit to the Orc caves would be wise as well. I would be happy to do so, Lord Caden," he offered, "We have resided her together for many years, and I believe I have earned their trust."

Caden nodded, "I cannot see how you would not have done," he agreed, "You are a faithful and upright man. I would trust you with my life, and have already done so. Offer them a place among us, if they wish. There are many houses yet empty."

Seeing.. Oh the terrible things Rebecca now saw, even though she was only drawing them on paper, they still would give her nightmares for the rest of her life! She finished drawing, one of her black coloring pencils was already shortened to a tiny point, as well as her red... she felt so tired just then, too tired to show anything. Grumbling about this new power, she hid the drawing in her desk drawer, underneath a few text books. She then showered and changed into a pair of pink pajamas before crawling into bed, and pulling the blankets over her head, instantly asleep...

Nathan smiled at Alna, glad she took notice of all his good deeds. They worked well together, as if Alna already had the kitchen completely memorized; the cookies, brownies and muffins were nearly finished. He got the frosting and picture ideas for the tops ready. He'd make a few unicorn and dragon themed muffins for the kids, and a few prettier spiral themes for the adults. "I'm glad they helped... I'm also relieved things are settling down here at the Glenn, things were far too scary for a while." He added. "As far as Rebecca is concerned, I know she'll manage... but maybe you'd better talk to her again about not hiding things. She seems to be the reclusive type."

Serena hadn't literally meant "Don't grow up," to be anything other than "don't rush out of childhood!" But she knew Niald didn't like that idea and gave up. He was stubborn all the way, just like both parents. He would decide his own fate and follow it straight through, even if it meant tunneling through a volcano. She just let her son and Morden talk as she finished up the house cleaning for the week, then retired early to her and Morden's bedroom.

Jasmine volunteered to go to the caves as well. She'd gotten close to them, but hadn't gotten inside. Still, none of the orcs seemed to mind when she fished by their lake. "I agree, you two would get along with the orcs...I'd like to visit them again as well, eventually, to see if they need anything." Laurana added.

Alna nodded, "I will speak with her more at length tomorrow. She has much to learn about seeing. Her mother taught her no good thing. So she hides anything she feels may not be approved of, but she will learn to trust her sight, and to be sure and alert others as she should. I think he sight is more powerful than mine, in some ways. And honestly...my gift may wane as a result, but hopefully they will complement each other and give a clearer vision. It is not always so...but I am hopeful." She did indeed have the kitchen memorized. She had lived her a long while blind, so she had learned the entire house in that manner, so that she could function there. "We have a good Queen and Caden will be a good king, he loves our people as though they were his own. We will have peace in the Glen."

Niald listened to Morden and nodded, "Can we speak with them tomorrow?"

Morden nodded, "Yes, we can. I have other things to speak to them about as well. For now though, you need to rest and I need to as well. It has been a long day."

Naild stood then and went to his room to try to sleep. He had so much on his mind though it was hard to drift off, but eventually he did.

Morden returned to their room and he pulled Serena into his arms. "Do not take offense to his attitude love," he said gently. "He is trying to become a worthy man for the woman he lvoes. It is an admirable thing, and terrifying. I assure you it is terrifying."

Varen bowed to Jasmine, "I would welcome the company." Turning them to Caden, "I appreciate your confidence in my abilities. I will be an honorable representative."

Caden smiled, "I have no doubt Varen." he said and nodded to Jasmine as well, "I trust both of you. Now, if you will excuse us. We need to check on our newest addition to the family. Get some rest and we will begin training guards tomorrow and in a few days I will send you to the Orcs."

Varen bowed, "As you wish Lord Caden." He turned from them then and went back to the armory to deposit his inventory and notes.

"Very true, Alna... I know you'll be the person for her to talk to about such things... and I do remember how intense your visions got, and I'm well aware how scary they could be for a child her age." He agreed. Soon they were done with the baking; and he was decorating the tops of everything. He gave Alna a plate of cookies and muffins to sample, wanting to know how things tasted before he set up his shop.

Jasmine smiled, then bowed politely to Caden and Laurana. "Majesties, we will make this trip, and return tomorrow afternoon... In the morning we also have new guards to terrif- I mean train." She grinned, then headed out of the throne room, following Varen to help take notes of all the inventory.

Serena snuggled close to Morden. "Oh I know... it's just...he reminds me of how time flies so fast, and I feel like a terrible mother, not having been able to spend as much time with him... Or worrying a lot if he feels left out in family things... I don't know.. I'm just a worrier..." She admitted sadly. She hoped Niald would find the right profession for himself, but she knew too- he had plenty of time right now to figure things out, and he was very intelligent.

Laurana smiled at the centaurs, thanking them again, and leading Caden to Rebecca's room. She was already sleeping in her bed, the covers drawn nearly to her chin, but her eyelids were flickering, as if in a bad dream. "I think she's having one of those visions... or maybe a nightmare.... should we wake her? Or just trust her to tell us in the morning?" Laurana asked him, not wanting Rebecca to suffer.

Alna was about to take the plate when her eyesight dimmed as a thick fog obscured the room and Nathan from view. She instinctively reached for the counter and waited. She had wondered if her sight would change or if it would come as it always had. This was definitely a change, and an abrupt one. Apparently for her, the second sight meant her normal sight would not function. She felt it a small price to pay. She frowned when she saw Rebecca with red rimmed eyes scribbling onto paper. The vision continued until she saw her in bed and the Queen and Caden stood nearby watching over her. But something was happening....Her vision rushed forward and crashed headlong into Rebecca's mind. Their separate visions became one and she stood with Rebecca as she watched. She knew this place...

The vision faded then and Alna was gasping for breath standing next to the counter as her normal sight slowly returned. "We must go to the palace..."

Varen glanced up, not surprised that she'd followed him into the armory. "Planning to terrify the guards are you?" he asked with a slight grin as he filed his notes neatly in the cabinet behind the large war table. "I think we should do a bit of training tomorrow morning and then travel to the Orc village. We could not make it there tonight before dark, and it is not safe to travel that part of the Glen at night. Tomorrow is soon enough I would think."

Morden smiled and pulled her close, "All mothers worry Dearest. it is nothing to apologize for or even feel bad about. He is a good young man, full of purpose and determination. You did well. I am proud to call him my son." He kissed her tenderly and then nuzzled her neck, "Maybe we will have children together and you can have more babies to fret and fuss over..." He intended to try at any rate. He'd never had any children of his own, and even though he had raised Caden and was now helping to raise Niald. Neither of those boys were his own child. Being with a loving partner now, he was feeling the need to build what he'd never had....a family.

Naild was very restless that night. He could not seem to relax or rest. It was strange for him, since he was normally a sound and heavy sleeper.

Caden looked at Rebecca and frowned, "I thought it was dangerous to wake someone from a dream?" Still he didn't like the fretful way she was twitching and seemed afraid. What was she seeing? Poor kid, abusing mother and now able to see things that likely she did not understand, or want to see or even know about. "Maybe we should send for Sovalna?"

Alna was about to take the plate when her eyesight dimmed as a thick fog obscured the room and Nathan from view. She instinctively reached for the counter and waited. She had wondered if her sight would change or if it would come as it always had. This was definitely a change, and an abrupt one. Apparently for her, the second sight meant her normal sight would not function. She felt it a small price to pay. She frowned when she saw Rebecca with red rimmed eyes scribbling onto paper. The vision continued until she saw her in bed and the Queen and Caden stood nearby watching over her. But something was happening....Her vision rushed forward and crashed headlong into Rebecca's mind. Their separate visions became one and she stood with Rebecca as she watched. She knew this place...

The vision faded then and Alna was gasping for breath standing next to the counter as her normal sight slowly returned. "We must go to the palace..."

Varen glanced up, not surprised that she'd followed him into the armory. "Planning to terrify the guards are you?" he asked with a slight grin as he filed his notes neatly in the cabinet behind the large war table. "I think we should do a bit of training tomorrow morning and then travel to the Orc village. We could not make it there tonight before dark, and it is not safe to travel that part of the Glen at night. Tomorrow is soon enough I would think."

Morden smiled and pulled her close, "All mothers worry Dearest. it is nothing to apologize for or even feel bad about. He is a good young man, full of purpose and determination. You did well. I am proud to call him my son." He kissed her tenderly and then nuzzled her neck, "Maybe we will have children together and you can have more babies to fret and fuss over..." He intended to try at any rate. He'd never had any children of his own, and even though he had raised Caden and was now helping to raise Niald. Neither of those boys were his own child. Being with a loving partner now, he was feeling the need to build what he'd never had....a family.

Naild was very restless that night. He could not seem to relax or rest. It was strange for him, since he was normally a sound and heavy sleeper.

Caden looked at Rebecca and frowned, "I thought it was dangerous to wake someone from a dream?" Still he didn't like the fretful way she was twitching and seemed afraid. What was she seeing? Poor kid, abusing mother and now able to see things that likely she did not understand, or want to see or even know about. "Maybe we should send for Sovalna?"

Immediately, Nathan did two things at once: He stopped the plate from falling to the floor, pushing it back further on the counter; while grabbing Alna gently to steady her. He knew when a vision was hitting her, just from the first moments she swayed on her feet. "Shh...easy love... take your time deciphering it ... I'm here." He lead her over to the couch, and sat down next to her. She was seeing something awful, he knew. "We'll go to the palace, but not until youre steady." He added worriedly.

Serena nodded, hugging Morden closer. "I know... I just want to help him...but he's always shrugged help, even when he was younger." She knew Niald would be just fine though, he had so much positive surroundings and encouraging people to guide him.. "I'm glad he has you as a father...he'll never admit it, but I know he missed Robert for a while... but you've been a wonderful father to him long enough he seems to be getting over his sadness... I know I have." She added, trying to convey how grateful she was to have him with them. She loved him deeply, and never wanted him to feel neglected either.

Rebecca was still tossing and turning, her body temperature becoming oddly frigid; her skin paling with a few passing moments of the nightmare she was having.... suddenly, the drawer she'd hidden her drawing opened by itself, as if an unseen wind blew it open! There was the drawing she'd done before bed, in plain sight... full of the swamp and forest, looking evil and terrifying as any place could look.

Laurana took the picture from the drawer, frowning. She wondered if Rebecca had dismissed this vision as overwhelming and planned on talking about it later... she wasn't sure... "Caden, we need to wake her up now... the dream could hurt her." She said in warning. Caden was better at waking people though... she wasn't sure she could without scaring Rebecca.

Jasmine grinned wolfishly. "A bit, yes... That guard was an idiot for leaving Sheena's cell unguarded...he'd been warned about her and still took the job like a joke... " She frowned, thinking so much could have been prevented.

Alna shook her head, "I am fine Nathan...we must hurry..." She felt the blackness of that vision clearly and she could only imagine what Rebecca must be going through if she had the same darkness invade her mind. "Something is happening in the Dark Forest...I will have to do some scrying to understand my vision fully, but Rebecca must be terrified."

Morden nodded, "He is a strong minded young man," he said, "but that's because he decided to be the man of the house at such a young age. It's sad, but speaks well of him. He's been no trouble to love and accept, and I am pleased to be part of your lives. You have saved me from my solitary existence, buried in my books. It is a debt I cannot ever repay. ...Though I intend to try." He said as he pulled her close and kissed her tenderly. He knew how to take her mind off of what troubled her and he spent most of the night doing just that.

Caden knelt by the bed and placed a gentle hand on Rebecca's shoulder. She was very cold, but he slowly sent a warming magical energy into her body. He gently brought her temperature to normal keeping the magic flowing constantly. When he felt she was warm he spoke quietly, "Rebecca ...dear heart...leave the vision and awaken..." He watched her as he continued to warm her magically attempting to force her body to consciousness.

Varen sighed a bit, "That much is true. We cannot have guards shirking duties or being complacent about their charges. The glen was at one time a safe haven for the fae, but it is no more their place as it once was. Other beings call the glen home now as well, and we must be vigilant in guarding the royal family." He looked at her then, "However, maybe we should attempt to be a bit understanding of them, since this is not what they are used to and it will be an adjustment for them...ok?"

Nathan nodded, then set everything properly in the house, quickly, before running off with Alna towards the palace. He knew Alna understood Rebecca probably better than anyone else right then. He hoped the vision wouldn't traumatize her too badly...

Serena hugged and kissed Morden tightly, so glad that he was in their lives now.. "I feel the same way, Morden.. life was.. hard with just myself and Niald; and those horrid females constantly insulting us... other kids calling Niald a worthless loser. I slapped a few of them... but of course made things worse.. but none of the things anyone tries to tell me now make a difference...and it's because you're here. I'm so glad you got here when you did." She told him, fighting back tears.

Rebecca shivered a couple moments, then settled down, her vision slowly dimmed to a grey, swirling void. She was afraid, uncertain and very uneasy. When she finally did open her eyes, they were fuzzy, unfocused, as if she could hardly see. She looked right through Laurana and Caden, just as Alna and Nathan arrived in her room as well, standing beside Laurana. "The lands are dark... things are dead there... and yet alive..... I think we're supposed to find something but I can't see what. . .. " She said, her voice completely disembodied, unlike her own voice at all. Worse, her skin was ash pale and freezing! She wasn't fully out of the vision, but what she'd seen so far had to have been horrific!

Jasmine snorted, but agreed. "Mighty strange though... how one guard let so much happen, and how easy it was for Sheena to escape her cell... We can't let things be so lax anymore either, Varen.. or it'll be as dangerous as when we first got here," She added pointedly.

Alna moved over to Rebecca;s side and knelt. Her hand touched the girl's pale icy one and she closed her eyes. It was hard to learn how to find your way out of a vision when they first started happening. She'd had a good teacher, and Rebecca would too. She opened her mind to the vision and saw the familiar things from her vision. Unlike Rebecca she knew where they were. her voice whispered in Rebecca's mind, "You are safe, follow me back." She created a bright light for her to follow and focus on gently leading her away from the vision and to consciousness. Then her voice spoke again in Rebecca's mind, "Now wake up." Alna watched her face and her eyes, and saw them slowly come into focus and smiled a gentle smile at her. She looked up at Caden, "She needs warmth," and then held both Rebecca's hands in hers. "Don't try to talk yet."

Caden nodded and suddenly there was a rush of warm air surrounding Alna and Rebecca. He reached for Laurana once the bubble was in place and pulled her tom his side. "It's going to be ok...Alna knows what she's doing," he whispered.

Naild was tossing and turning and had one bad dream after another all night long.

Morden held Serena and kissed her hair gently as she spoke. When she finished he tipped her head up and brushed her tears away, "I am here now and we are going to have a happy family life. I promise you." He kissed her then and spent a good portion of the night showing her exactly how much he loved her, and worked on making that family a reality.

Varen nodded, "I have been wondering how she escaped so easily. perhaps we should inspect the locks on the cells and the hinges. Maybe there was something that could have been broken as well. No one has lived in the palace for quite some time." He grabbed up a pad and a pencil and made for the narrow stairway that led down to the cells.

Rebecca listened to Alna because she didn't want to get any details wrong, and she didn't want to get trapped in that bad place either. She felt the warmth from Caden and Lauranas magic, and it was helping her tense muscles relax, her voice coming back to normal, gradually. When she felt much stronger, she pushed through the fear that had nearly incapacitated her, and after a long drink of cool water; she gave better details. "I haven't ever seen those lands before, but I know that you're to find something very important. . It's a key to freeing the Queen Hellena....But not everything is as it seems with her, either " it seemed Rebecca's eyes were becoming less dialated with each prophetic vision she revealed, along with the terrible burning pressure off her chest!

Nathan made sure to conjure up a golden tray of a crystal pitcher of iced lemon and honey tea, a bowl of new England clam chowder, plenty of Ritz crackers, and a gold spoon to eat with. He knew how draining serious visions could be!

Jasmine knew he was right, and shifted slightly, still holding her spear like a staff. "We should fix everything we can tonight then." She walked with him and checked hinges on all the cell doors. It was at Sheenas that she found the poison dagger still covered in Rebecca's blood, dropped on the ground by the bars. That woman had been sawing at the lock with this sharp blade at least a few hours before the guard probably took a break and accidentally let out such a monster. She picked it up and showed him.

Serena moaned, losing herself as she always did, to the passion of Mordens loving words and embrace. She loved how caring and compassionate he was, how protective he was of her and Niald, and how he included Rebecca, though she had been through so much. She loved this man. Even more perhaps than Robert, though she loved him too in her own way...

Alna watched and nodded, "Yes we are, and you are correct about freeing Hellena and the rest as well, but I believe Morden will be able to help with the secondary problem when and if it arises." She watched her eyes clear completely and patted her hand. "Now...first lesson...when you feel a vision coming you have to immediately set an internal beacon. I use my heartbeat. I lock onto the sound and the pace of it and I follow it back to myself. My mentor used a bright light like I showed you, but it needs to be something you can easily follow. If I am not near you need to be able to get back on your own, understand?" she smiled then, "You did well. This was not a pleasant place to see. You were in the dark fae swamps. It is an overpowering place at times. Did you see anything else? Was there more to your vision?" Alna smiled at Nathan's thoughtfulness and offered the bowl of chowder to Rebecca, "Eat while we talk. You will need to replace your energy after such visions."

Caden watched and frowned. Why would she be seeing the Dark Fae Swamp? he didn't like it. Not one little bit. His grip on Laurana tightened for a second before he realized what he was doing and eased it a bit. What could possibly be in the swamp that had enough power to continue to hold Hellena prisoner after all this time?

Varen found two cells with faulty locks, and another with completely rusted hinges. "We are going to need a blacksmith. Hopefully we can find one in the Orc village." He looked at the dagger and frowned. Be careful not to touch that. The poison is likely still active. We will have to get Morden to neutralize it before we place it in the armory as evidence of vile treachery." Horrid woman. "We aren't going to be able to fix any of this without having new parts made...that's unfortunate. But, it is good we are aware of these needs before we go to meet with the orcs."

Morden fell into blissful sleep holding Serena close. Naild however was still tossing and turning fitfully until early morning when suddenly peaceful rest came to him.

Rebecca smiled under the praise from Alna, glad she was learning as best as she could given the circumstance! "Thank you, Alna, and everyone, I'll do my best to try to figure a way back from such dreams... Oh... I started drawing the swamp area, but sort of scared myself with it before I went to sleep.... guess I should have gone straight to Laurana or Caden before hand.. Sorry..." She apologized, then nodded to the desk drawer, where the drawing still remained hidden. She worried greatly about this place...and wasn't certain if all of them were supposed to go, or just Laurana and Caden. She needed to try and figure that out.

Laurana felt Caden's grip tighten on her arm, and smiled encouragingly at him, then Rebecca. "You're learning so fast, Rebecca. We're glad that you're helping us with the visions. Just try to relax now, and regain your strength. We will be out in the throne room, discussing this, and we'll see you in the morning." Laurana assured the girl. She seemed much calmer now, and once Rebecca had finished eating everything on the tray, Nathan made the dishes disappear. Handy powers these were. "Are you sure you're alright, Rebecca?" Nathan asked. She assured them she was fine, and Laurana gestured for the group to meet in the throne room. "We've serious problems ahead if any of us are to go to the Dark Fae Lands... we need to decide quickly: Who goes, and who stays to run things here. Obviously I should not go- being four months pregnant.. yet if I'm needed, then I will go." She stated looking mostly at Caden.

Jasmine helped repair all of the rusted or broken hinges- wrapping the dagger up in a black cloth. She'd throw the thing or burn it, so it couldn't harm anyone again. "I think young Niald has an interest in blacksmithing...over heard him talking about that to Morden once... maybe we could encourage him?" She offered as a suggestion.

Serena passed out not long after her and Morden's blissful night together, so exhausted from their lovemaking that she hardly felt or heard anything that night, except for their heartbeats!

Alna noticed the nod to the desk and stood to get the drawings. "Yes Rebecca, always tell someone about such things immediately. Sometimes you have precious little time for action before the vision will emerge in our time. This one is not so, but there are times when they are near immediate warnings. You relax and get some sleep now. " She said as she crossed back over to her and placed a gentle hand to her brow. She moved to Nathan's side and reached for his hand, following Caden and Laurana to the throne room. "You should not go Queen Laurana. You are needed here for both Rebecca and the babe."

Caden nodded, "I agree," he said and motioned to the drawings. "Let's see if these will be of any help." He spread out the sketches and lifted a brow. "What are these creatures?" he asked pointing to a few of the drawings. "I've never seen such things."

Alna nodded, "I saw them as well. They appear to be growing and gaining power from the untapped Dark Fae magic in the swamp. I should have realized this would happen when the dark fae were destroyed. I believe the visions are a warning that the Swamp will soon spew forth these creatures into the Glen. I saw no fae, but Morden and I can scry to see if there are any left anywhere. We will need someone of dark fae blood to contain the magic there, and channel it usefully."

Caden nodded, "We should try and figure out what this thing is that Rebecca was speaking of before we venture into the dark swamp. If there is something we can find that will free Queen Hellena then we should find it."

Alna nodded and began looking at the drawing a little more closely. She was used to the way things looked in visions and how to interpret them. The fourth drawing was different from the others. She looked at it for a long while and turned it in every direction as she did. Finally she passed it to Laurana and Caden. "What do you see here?"

Caden stifled a groan, "You know I hate when you do this Alna." But he knew she would not speak until he gave some sort of answer. He pulled the paper closer and leaned over it moving it between himself and Laurana. "Honestly, it looks like a map to me. These look like walls and rooms..." He glanced at Laurana, "What do you think?"

Varen nodded, "I believe I overheard a similar conversation as well. But he would be many years of hard work away from being able to create the things we would need now. Hopefully one of the orcs will be willing to be both a teacher and a smith for us. These catacombs would be a welcome home for one of them, since they are used to living underground. I dare say we could set up a working forge somewhere down here." He was thinking aloud as he moved through the large expanse of spaces beneath the castle. Only part of the space here was designated for prisoners. There was storage and many other spaces here.

Laurana stayed behind, making sure Rebecca had no more bad dreams or worries. The poor girl had far too many of those lately, and she didn't need to keep having them. "Alright, but your son is being a bit hyper today. " Laurana reminded Caden with a grin. She sat on a chair by Rebeccas bed and took the map from Caden. She noticed the tunnel walls, the gray floors and narrow passages... But just what it was or where it lead to, eluded the young queen's mind. "It looks like I should know this.... But I must be missing something.. " she added, handing the drawing back to Alna. She definitely didnt like those monsters either.

Jasmine sighed, worriedly. It didn't seem like there was much they could do until a suitable blacksmith was found. "Well in the meantime, I guess we can focus on training the guards in some of the basics of cell repairs... Should we go rest a little now or go round up the guards? I promise I wont torment them too badly... " she added, smiling.

Caden bent and kissed Laurana's temple, "If I could help you with OUR hyper son, my love, I would do so. Once he is born I will definitely help..." he kissed the top of her head and smiled, "I love you." he said softly for only her ears.

Alna was still bent over the 'map' and she shook her head at both of them. "Look past what seems evident and tell me if you can see something else."

Caden did groan aloud that time. "You obviously know what it is. Can't you just tell us?"

Alna shook her head, "No I cannot."

Caden threw her a very snotty expression but be joined her at the table and looked at it again. deciding to follow her example he turned it so that he saw it from every angle and then even continued to move it afterward. "Hey..." he said and then tipped his head a bit and turned the sketch right and then left again. "It's the Crown of Tenebrous.."

Alna smiled, "I am gratified to see that Morden has taught you more than magic. It is indeed. I would imagine that this is what you must find in order to free Queen Hellena. All the magic of the dark Queen should be channeled through that for it to still be operating this long after her death. However...we will still need a dark fae to use the crown and free the Queen. I will begin searching." She looked at Rebecca then, "Rest today little one. The visions should be quiet until this mystery is solved." She turned and reached for Nathan's hand. "I have much to do...I will need your help."

Caden didn't like being right this time. Not one little bitty bit. He watched Alna and Nathan leave and then started pacing. "I am not sure we should trust a dark fae to use the crown....the last time one did almost all of the White fae died."

Morden woke early the next morning and smiled at Serena. he was determined to show her how much he loved her. So he slid out of bed quietly and went to prepare breakfast for her, making a tray with a single red bloom on it and carrying it back to their room. Setting the tray on the bed he leaned over and kissed her tenderly. "Good morning my beautiful wife. breakfast is served."

Naild was still sleeping since he had such a rough night of tossing and turning. it was very uncharacteristic of him, but since his parents were otherwise occupied they were not aware he was still abed.

Varen looked at her and chuckled. It was a deep rumbling that almost sounded angry, were it not for his smile and facial expression it would be difficult to tell it was amusement. "The guards can rest a few more moments. I am past needing rest I fear. So perhaps we can discuss how you intend to torture the guards lightly, before we call them to training?" He grinned at her, "Perhaps over breakfast? I am not tired but I could eat."

Laurena giggled quietly as Caden told her he'd help if he could. In the meantime, hearing dads voice seemed to have a calming effect, as the movements seemed to stop shortly after! "Sorry... But what's the crown of Tenebrous?" She asked, having never heard it mentioned before. She thanked Alna and Nathan for helping Rebecca calm again and let them head back to their home.

Nathan nodded at Lauranas appreciation, then followed Alna back home. "What should we do?" he asked, worried about having to go into that terrible swamp... He knew someone would possibly get seriously hurt, but he wouldn't let anything happen to Alna.

Serena hugged and kissed Morgen for being so sweet. She was a very lucky woman, to have such a caring man at her side. "After breakfast, what should we do today?" she asked, up for anything. She planned on showering soon and checking on Niald of course. But afterwards their day seemed free.

Jasmine grinned, not tired herself, but definitely hungry. "I'm hungry too... What's for breakfast? Can't decide a routine on empty stomach " she agreed.

Caden frowned at Laurana's question, "That would be a question best answered by Morden I think," he shrugged , "I would not explain it properly. But I know it is a powerful magical artifact that can increase the power and effects of magic. Morden knows much more than I." he bent to kiss their child in her tummy, "Give Momma a rest little one...Be sweet to her."

Alna walked quickly once they were out of the palace. She didn't want to alarm anyone or cause a panic, but she was worried. Looking at Nathan, "I need to scry for more answers, and we HAVE to find a living dark fae, it is our only hope." She drew in a deep breath, "The Crown of Tenebrous was last used by a dark Fae, so only a Dark fae will be able to dispel the magic cast with it. Once the spells are released then whoever next uses the crown will become its master. I am going to try to look closer at the dark swamp as well, I fear that the crown was misused and that it is magnifying the magics there and creating all of these abominable creatures. They will eventually be strong enough to leave the swamp, and go in search of other food sources...." She did not finish that thought, but there were only so many places the inhabitants of the dark swamp could escape to and their Glen was one of them.

Morden smiled, "Well, we should probably take Niald to visit Rebecca and see if we are needed there for anything, and then afterward...I propose we do a bit of sight seeing. I missed the Glen a great deal."

Niald woke not long after the smell of breakfast reached him. he was confused as to why he was on the floor, but he shrugged and cleaned himself and dressed before heading down to the kitchen. Again he was surprised that no one was there, but there was food prepared. he wondered if perhaps he had overslept. He sat frowning but ate his breakfast and noted it was still warm, so he could have overslept too much.

Varen smirked, "I am very sure there is food aplenty to be found in the kitchen," he motioned toward the door, "After you..." And then he followed her. They made their way to the kitchen, talking about the same things they had been and once there he started pulling pans and ingredients from the cabinets and the pantry. "Do you like biscuits?" he asked. I thought maybe eggs, bacon and biscuits with gravy?"

Caden frowned at Laurana's question, "That would be a question best answered by Morden I think," he shrugged , "I would not explain it properly. But I know it is a powerful magical artifact that can increase the power and effects of magic. Morden knows much more than I." he bent to kiss their child in her tummy, "Give Momma a rest little one...Be sweet to her."

Alna walked quickly once they were out of the palace. She didn't want to alarm anyone or cause a panic, but she was worried. Looking at Nathan, "I need to scry for more answers, and we HAVE to find a living dark fae, it is our only hope." She drew in a deep breath, "The Crown of Tenebrous was last used by a dark Fae, so only a Dark fae will be able to dispel the magic cast with it. Once the spells are released then whoever next uses the crown will become its master. I am going to try to look closer at the dark swamp as well, I fear that the crown was misused and that it is magnifying the magics there and creating all of these abominable creatures. They will eventually be strong enough to leave the swamp, and go in search of other food sources...." She did not finish that thought, but there were only so many places the inhabitants of the dark swamp could escape to and their Glen was one of them.

Morden smiled, "Well, we should probably take Niald to visit Rebecca and see if we are needed there for anything, and then afterward...I propose we do a bit of sight seeing. I missed the Glen a great deal."

Niald woke not long after the smell of breakfast reached him. he was confused as to why he was on the floor, but he shrugged and cleaned himself and dressed before heading down to the kitchen. Again he was surprised that no one was there, but there was food prepared. he wondered if perhaps he had overslept. He sat frowning but ate his breakfast and noted it was still warm, so he could have overslept too much.

Varen smirked, "I am very sure there is food aplenty to be found in the kitchen," he motioned toward the door, "After you..." And then he followed her. They made their way to the kitchen, talking about the same things they had been and once there he started pulling pans and ingredients from the cabinets and the pantry. "Do you like biscuits?" he asked. I thought maybe eggs, bacon and biscuits with gravy?"

Laurana was happy to be close with Caden and her developing son, but the lack of answers on the crown bothered her a bit. "Could we get that book and look a few things up? Might help. " she suggested, worry creasing her brows.

Nathan had no intention of getting Alnas way, but he wanted to help in anyway he could. "Tell me what I need to bring you. " he instructed. He had to wonder though, who this dark fae was..

Serena enjoyed the delicious breakfast of pancakes and fruit. With whipped cream and syrup. "Let's see if Niald and Rebecca would like a picnic for lunch.. " she wanted the youngsters to be able to enjoy the sunlight and have time to play.. Childhood was so fleeting.

Varen had spoken just the right words to make Jasmines stomach growl with hunger. "That sounds fantastic. I'll help cook." she agreed, heading to the kitchen. She pulled out the cooking gear and dishes they'd need as well as cooking oil.

Caden tipped his head a bit, "I'm sure Morden has it, though I'm not sure where he is planning to set up his potions shop. I'm also sure he'll show up soon to check on things. I think he is more of a worrier than you are, and that's saying something." He gave her an affectionate squeeze and kissed her temple, "let's not borrow trouble, ok? We will let Alna do her scrying and we will pick Morden's brain when he arrives, but until then...we will just be happy our son is healthy and that we are able to be together...ok?"

Alna looked at Nathan. "I need my pot over the hearth...and full of water. The rest I can do...I've never had to move the pot before, but I think the hearth in the living room is big enough ... don't you?" she asked frowning a bit. She really had no idea how big the thing was. She'd never seen it before, not with normal eyes. She moved into the room off the kitchen were all her books were and she started looking through them and realized there was nothing on any of the pages. She closed her eyes and ran her hands over the books then and soon her mind filled with the images she needed. Adapting to her new life was going to take a bit of doing, but she would figure it out.

Naild was sitting in the kitchen when Morden and his mother arrived. "I thought maybe you two had gone to the palace without me. I think I overslept?"

Morden shook his head, "Not at all, and once you finish your breakfast we will be heading over that way. Your mom though maybe you and Rebecca would like to join us for a picnic for lunch. What do you say?"

Niald smiled, "I'd say we need to ask Rebecca."

Varen grinned at her stomach growling, "Biscuits it is then." he began making dough and it would be obvious he was comfortable in the kitchen. "I can get the biscuits and gravy if you want to work on the eggs and bacon?" he said looking at her, "I like sunny side up..."