• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
The mantis was enraged by the fire and began flailing about madly and without any true aim, jsut everywhere.
Niald threw himself between the remaining claw and his mother who was right in the line of attack. The claw impaled him completely before flying back away. His eyes were wide and disbelieving for a second before he fell at his mother's feet. "I saved you..." he said before his consciousness left him.

Caden roared loudly and suddenly vines grew up from the ground and wove themselves around the mantis containing it's limbs and body until it was so fully trapped it could not move at all. He looked at Jasmine, "Cook it alive..." he said and then ran over to Niald. He looked at Serena, "Get inside..." he said as he scooped up Niald and frowned seeing Nathan bleeding as well. "Nathan..inside...you need healing as well."

Varen wrapped a cloth around his sword and lit it afire as well and plunged it into his side of the beast. The sounds of it hissing and screeching were a delight to him.since the thing had managed to do great harm."Keep adding to the heat, jasmine." eh said as he pulled his sword out leaving the burning cloth inside the creature. he then began to stab at it from different angles and locations bleeding it while she cooked it. Either way it was going to die quickly.

Caden ran for the palace and into the first room he could find that was empty. He laid Niald on the bed and then placed his hands on the boy, "Not today Lad...not today.." He winced at the damage eh found but he concentrated and slowly began to repair it. He was having to pull great amounts of energy from the palace and even the earth beneath it as he worked. He'd never attempted to heal such a grievous wound before, but this boy was not going to die....not if he could save him." He intended to keep working until he either succeeded or fell unconscious in the effort.

Alna saw Nathan come in and gasped. She ran to him and threw are arm around him helping to steady his steps. "Merciful heavens..." She said softly, now not so sure she liked being able to see. All she could see right then was his blood all over his clothes. They didn't get far before he wasn't able to walka nd she wasn't strong enough to hold him up. She did manage to ease him to the floor instead of him just falling onto it. "Please..help him!" She called to the Queen...

"No! Niald!" Serena cried, tears streaming down her face. Her shields.. they weren't working.. why? She couldn't stand seeing her boy in pain! And she was the cause of it! She hurried along with the others, getting her son healed was what mattered most! She glimpsed Jasmine encouraging the flames around the mantis, turning them hotter and hotter, literally until it blew up finally, with one slash down her ribs, exploding into pieces. Finally, she turned to Varen. "I need to blow the peices into nothing- will only take a moment." She was using tons of energy here, but ignoring the lightheadedness was just part of having magic. She wasn't like Laurana and Caden who could draw energy and replace what they'd lost. Focusing again, all the peices were incarcerated in seconds, then she turned to Varen... "Lets get back to the palace." She said worriedly.

Nathan didn't realize she was unconscious until Alna had to lie him flat on his back right there on the floor. She looked so worried, but he was still happy she could see him...."Alna... shhh... don't worry.... " He said, holding her hand in his. Then, Laurana was up in a flash, leaving Rebecca in her strange camotose state, and healing the huge wound Nathan had received. She spoke softly to Alna. "It's alright. After I heal him, I need to help Caden with Niald... could you get Nathan a change of clothes and a shower when he wakes? He might be a little tired after this." Laurana said gently. She made Nathan's wound completely disappear, gave Alna a wave of calm and warmth, before hurrying to Caden's side long before he even called her, that's how intuitive she was to his emotions. At his side, she put her hands over Caden's, then sent massive waves of light purple healing energy throughout the boy's body, until it was as if he'd never once been clawed! Serena looked at the queen with new gratitude and respect, thanking her profusely. "I'll go heal who needs it. ..I'm sure Jasmine was caught by the beast at one point. Niald is such a brave lad... but now we're trying to wake Rebecca... something is wrong." She knew this would probably nudge Niald's consciousness!

Rebecca was still locked in the trance; but her mind was flooded with massively overwhelming images...a crystal topaz room, behind Queen Aura's bedroom..some sort of hidden passage behind one of the bookshelves.... She frowned... what was this? Had the horrible battle stopped finally? Was everyone okay? Her heart raced as she attempted to make sense of this vision. She really didn't know who the white-gold haired, ancient looking Fae-woman was... except the remarkable trademark eyes. Violet. . .. like Queen Aura's and now Laurana's .... who was this woman? She seemed to stare back at Rebecca, then whisper in an eerie, disembodied voice..."Wake up girl... you need to tell Laurana about this- but only in privacy. " Then, Rebecca's eyes flew open... and she sat up, alone, disoriented, but really wanting a sketch pad!

Caden hadn't called for Laurana but he was glad for the extra help. he'd been barely treading water alone. as soon as he fixed something it seemed something else would fail. But with both of them working he was soon whole, if not very tired. He finally felt the boy resting peacefully and released his magical hold on him. He looked at Serena, "No..you stay with Niald," he said, "He will need you when he wakens. he will be dizzy and disoriented." He stood and helped Laurana up too. "We will go check on Rebecca and Nathan.

Alna smiled at Nathan, "Pft ...Love...that would be like me telling you not to bake. Not going to happen." She said and then watched the queen work and heal him. When Laurana finished she nodded, glancing back at Rebecca and seeing she was still in her trance state. She was torn between helping Rebecca and taking care of Nathan. In the end, sadly, Nathan won. She saw Lauarana and Caden come out of the room and she waved Laurana to her side. "When she wakens, she will feel overwhelmed and likely need to draw or write or talk. Everyone handles visions differently. Give her whatever she needs and let her be while she gets it all out of her mind and into whatever form she chooses. I am sorry...Nathan needs me more. And I think she needs to bond with the two of you anyway."

Varen stepped back as jasmine finished off the creature and they too went back inside. He wiped his blade and then sheathed it at his side. He stayed close to Jasmine and watched her. She had used a lot of magical energy. he didn't know how she operated, would she need to rest? Would she fall in a heap once the danger was done? He had no idea. He stood very close to ehr, his whole side touching hers and his arm lifted to touch ehr shoulder, "Jasmine?" he asked, "Are you ok? Do you need to rest? lie down? can I help you somehow?"

Naild did not wake up but just slept as his body required.

Andrew looked over at Sheena, "It's about time! he said moving to her, They killed my mantis, but it took out a few people. So that was nice to see." He looked at her, "Yes The queen and her lackey are first and foremost, then once I am king, you can have your revenge on whoever you wish."

Serena had never once left Nialds side, staying close,and making sure he was comfortable. Shed never felt so bad in her life, her shields, completely useless, unable to protect anyone from that damn Mantis. She hadn't been helpful, maybe she never was. Sadness grew longer in her heart, and she really had no words for it. She really felt out of place.

Laurana nodded to Caden, gently kissing his cheek, before going back to Rebecca. "Are you alright? What do you need?" She asked with concern. Rebecca smiled sadly.."
Only a drawing pad and colored pencils. And a private audience. Should we go to another room? I'm sorry Sovalna, thank you for helping me through this vision." she added most respectfully.

Sheena agreed entirely with Andrew, as she added one more thing, then made sure everything was properly stored. "That is fine. The question is how do we get this inside the palace, and distributed directly to the queen and Caden?" She asked all business like.

Jasmine felt dizzy and shaky. She knew this injury wasn't severe, but it burned a bit. She shook her head trying to think. "No I think I'm ok. Just tired." She admitted. She felt maybe a nap at her place would help.

Last edited:
Morden had gone to get some water and light food for Rebecca when he returned all hell had broken loose. Nathan was lying on the floor and Laurana was tending to him. His eyes shot around looking for Niald but he didn't see the boy anywhere. "Where is Niald?' he asked as he set the tray down near Rebecca and started poking his head into every room. He finally saw Serena sitting with him in a room with Caden pouring magic into the boy. He could tell by looking at Niald that the injury was gaining ground faster than Caden could heal and he feared the worst, but then Laurana came in and soon he could see color returning to Niald and his relief was palpable. He moved to wrap Serena in his arms and hold ehr while they spoke to ehr and him. "I will be right back, I am going to check on everyone. I won't be long." he kissed ehr then and dashed out of the room. He saw Varen and Jasmine and he approached them, "Have you been checked over?' he asked and Varen shook his head in the negative. Morden looked over Varen and saw a few cuts on his leg and another rather larger one on his rump next to his tail. Jasmine had a lot of cuts especially on her legs that looked a bit strange to him. He called over to Caden, "Caden...you should ahve a look at these.."

Caden was about to say something in reply to Rebecca when Morden called him. He'd forgotten about his friends and he growled a bit at himself. He kissed Laurana's head and smiled at rebecca, "You two go do what you must." He made his way over to the two centaurs and went first to Jasmine's wounds that Morden was pointing out. He placed a hand on the area and a soft curse slipped from his lips, "These must have been from the claw...there's a poison here. He put a hand to jasmins's leg and looked up at her, "I will try to make this so you cannot feel it, but I need to cut this and let the poison run out instead of in..." He ised his magic to push a icy cold through ehr leg and then used a knife to slice the wound and he massaged the area around the cut to get it to bleed a bit more. He let it bleed for a bit and then he scanned the wound again. He felt certain the wounds were clear of the poison and began healing her. She had many other small cuts but those must not have been from the claw. He frowned then, "Morden, check Niald for poison. Use the flowers or whatever to make a tonic for him..."

Morden ran off to Niald's room and knelt by him checking for signs of poisoning. There was an odd looking green line coming from his stomach where the other wound ahd been. He needed Sovalna. He ran out of the room and went to ehr, "I am sorry nathan,,I need to borrow Sovalna for a moment. Niald has ben poisoned, I need you to tell me what it is so I can make the antidote..."

Alna frowned and went with Morden and knelt next tot he boy's bed. She touched her hand to the boy's stomach and closed her eyes. She prayed for a vision of truth, and Andrew's face appeared before her. She reached into his mind and saw the creature he formed. Deeper still she saw the poison. She pulled back and her eyes popped open, "Dragon's bane...you can use the flowers you have. Two red, and one violet, and one blue...then add ginger. it will been to be injected as you did for Rebecca...hurry you have little time."

Morden looked upa t Serena and his eyes were holding determination adn resolve, "He will be fine," he said and he ran to the kitchen to make the antidote as Alna instructed. He ran back looking for Laurana, "I need another of those syringes....for Niald."

Caden finished with jasmine and went on to inspect Varen. There was a large puddle of blood on the floor by his right hind quarter and he frowned, luckily there was no sign of poison here, just a nasty and very deep gash. "Varen my friend, you have a deep wound here."

Varen glanced over his shoulder at the mess his right leg was in. "So it seems...do as you must." he said stoicly, holding onto Jasmine as the cold wore off on her leg.

Caden nodded and pulled the two pieces of flesh together with his hands and held them firmly while he poured more healing magic into the wound. It took a good bit of time but the muscle and then the skin were finally knit together. He healed the toher smaller wounds as well, and then moved around to look at both of them, "Thank you for you efforts," he said, "Without you I feel certain none of the three would have made it out of that alive. There are rooms just through this door to you right...please rest. I don't think either of you could walk home yet. Your leg may feel numb for a time Jasmine, take careful steps. And you," he said looking at Varen, "You lost a lot of blood. You must drink and rest."

Varen nodded, "I will, once I help Jasmine find rest." He kept an arm around her shoulder. "Lean on me and do not put too much weight on that leg. It is not far."

Alna waited with Serena and offered the young mother a hand of encouragement, "morden is very good at these potions. All will be well."

Andrew looked over at Sheena, "We have no need of entering the palace, or putting ourselves in harm's way. I have a better plan." he said cryptically.

Laurana made sure Caden had everything he needed, as well as plenty of colorful starflowers. She was hopeful that everyone who'd been poisoned would be cured, and soon! She followed a grim looking Rebecca back to her own room. Inside the hidden passageway, Rebecca was surprised to see the hidden room, pure light golden topaz, with chairs, a desk....and a shadowy figure? "Hello?....is someone there?" Laurana called out, keeping Rebecca close.

Serena just hugged Morden back, weeping bitterly. How useless she was,it was herself that should have been poisoned, from how terrible she felt, watching her son, and several others struggle to survive.

Owwww! Jasmine hissed a bit from the pain as Caden cut, then healed her wounds as best he could. She held still in Varens arms, glad he hadn't been poisoned! "Thanks, Caden....just wish I could have been faster, then less people might have been so badly injured...." Especially poor Niald. As she let Varen get healed, then lead her away from the danger, she felt like running after Sheena and Andrew, and ending their wretched lives!

Nathan remained unconscious on the ground where he'd been left. He lost more blood, at an alarming rate. Soon his head spun, but stubborn man that he was, he found a way to wake up. The walls and ground tilted, threatening to send him back into darkness. Nope. Using the same resolve he had as the Douglas prisoner, he pushed himself up. He needed to look lively, not only to spare Alna further worry, or distract the others, but no way was he getting Starflower injections. He wasn't entirely sure he was poisoned, and having sudden powers wasn't something he wanted.

Sheena was curious. "The Mantis?" She grinned. How clever! "Nice, Andrew. How else should we send it? Perhaps another monster could swoop in and kill all of them!

A soft voice called to Laurana and Rebecca from a chair in the far end of the room, "Here..." she said. As they approached a beautiful but frail looking woman would come into view. The pink hair was streaked through with silver but those violet eyes were bright as ever. "Come closer child.." she said, "I would see my granddaughter.."

Caden finished with Varen and jasmine and saw Nathan attempting to get up and he frowned, "he was at the man's side in three strides. "What are you doing?' he asked, "He poured energy into him, fully healing and restoring his body. He was going to have a bugger of a headache later, with all the magical energy he was transferring and changing, but it was worth it. He steadied Nathan and looked at him, "How do you feel?" he asked.

Morden held onto Serena. He wasn't sure what was wrong but he could tell something was. "What's wrong?" he asked, "The antidote will cute Niald," he said, "I know it will." He had no idea what sort of ability to emerge from the serum but better an ability than dead. He felt sure Niald would be able to handle anything.

Varen waited for Jasmine to get comfortable before situating himself close and offering to hold her as she slept. "Please rest Jasmine." he begged as he held open his arms and waited for her reply. he was tired as well, but he would not rest unless she did.

Alna injected Niald and then nodded to Morden, knowing he'd watch the boy and returned to Nathan. He saw Caden holding him up and she ran over, "What are you doing love?' she asked, "In here," she said and let them both into an empty room. She pulled back the covers and Caden put him in bed, "I have him now Caden," she assured him, "Go tend to your ladies."

Caden huffed, "Yes Ma'am," he said and paused at the door, "I think I liked you better blind.."

Alna rolled her eyes, "I am very sure both of you did. Too late now."

Laurana was so surprised she felt a loss of words, but a current, powerful and strong, ran between them both. While Laurana moved closer, Rebecca hung back, sensing the family meeting would be intense....."Rebecca, thank you for showing me this place....help Niald and Caden, please?" She said kindly. Rebecca nodded, curtsied to both....queens? And ducked back out into the regular part of the palace, looking for ways to help the others, especially Niald. He held her through all the bad, dark pain and new power transition. She would do the same, and hurried back to him.

Serena choked on tears as Morden asked what was wrong...."I'm so useless....nothing stopped that Mantis....I couldn't protect anyone, least of all my own son....why, Morden? Why don't my powers work anymore?" She sobbed, falling into his arms.

Nathan chuckled at the exchange between Alna and Caden. He knew Caden was joking. There was affection between the two of them like siblings. "Sorry....Alna, I just don't want anything to do with those starflowers. I'm completely healed, Caden...be careful you don't exhaust yourself." He added as Caden started to leave.

Jasmine limped over to rest in Varens arms, comfortably. He felt so warm after all that cold and pain. She closed her eyes against his chest. "You were really brave today, Varen.....I'm glad you're ok...." Then, she dozed off, unable to stop the trembling in her sleep.

Hellena smiled a gentle smile at Rebecca, "Do come visit whenever you like young lady. I am always happy to have a visitor." When the child left she turned her attention back to Laurana. "Come Child," she said waving a tiny hand, "Oh but you look like your mother.." she said as her eyes misted up a bit, "Though you powers are a bit different...stronger..." her eyes widened and she reached out her hand to her, "And you are to give me a great grandchild!" She gasped in delight, "Oh child..what a wonderful gift. Who is your king?"

Caden looked at Alna and shook his head. He saw Rebecca come back and her tipped his head, "Everything ok Sweetheart?' he asked smiling at her gently.

Morden drew her close and held her, "Oh my sweet love," he said tenderly, "NO shield could have held that thing back. it was fueled by Andrew's magic which is far stronger than our normal magics are. Only Laurana or Caden could have attempted it. You are NOT useless..I love you and I need you and I am so very glad you are still with me." He pulled back from her and held her face in his hands, "I could not go back to being alone again...never think you are useless Love....never."

Varen shrugged off her compliment, "You were the hero today. You vanquished the creature, not I." He held her until she fell asleep and eventually dozed off himself as well. He needed to rest but she was more important.

Alna fussed over Nathan, "I don't care if you have powers or not, Nathan," she said, "As long as you are alive." She let her newly seeing eyes flow over his face and take in all his angled handsomeness and the intensity of his eyes. "You are even more handsome than I thought you were." She said with an awed hush to her voice.

Laurana smiled at Hellena, and figured she was her grandmother! "It's Caden. He's the father of my son, and the man I most want to Wed.....are you my grandmother? I thought all my relatives had perished when my mother did." Laurana admitted, blushing. Rebecca nodded to Caden as she approached Nialds side. "Yes. I just want to be here for Niald the way he, and the rest of you were for me." she said, unsure of if she should tell Caden about the secret room!

Serenas tears gradually dried as she heard Mordens sweet words. She forced herself to believe them. She regained her self value in his arms. He was right. Niald and Morden were her family and she needed them as much as they needed her. She busied herself by checking Nialds fever, to see if it was any better.

Nathan grinned again at Alna, "Can't remember if I do have powers, but no matter. I feel invincible just being with you. I'm glad you can see again. Youre too lovely to be trapped in the dark." And then, fever scorched through his body, and he fell over in a dead faint. Damn this day!

Varen was extremely comfortable to rest on. Jasmine didn't hear words anymore, just drifted through blurry dreams and a long moment of darkness. She felt content though, and felt strength returning after using so much magic.

Hellena shook her head, "I am not dead, but I cannot leave this room. It was a trap and well executed spell cast long ago by a rival queen who had long desired to sit upon my throne." She shrugged, "Some people are never satisfied no matter how much power they attain." She smiled then, "Caden is a good man, a powerful man. He will be a good king, even though he is not fae by blood, he is fae by heart and choice, which in some ways is better."

Caden smiled at Rebecca and then he left that group alone and went back to check on Nathan. he arrived just as he fainted. Caden looked at Alna, "I have only been gone five minutes," he said, "What did you do to him." he accused teasingly but seeing her genuine panic he regretted them, "hey...he is fine."

Alna blinked, "What DID I do?' she asked and then realized Caden was teasing. "I suppose i deserve that for all the times I have messed with you."

Caden grinned, "That and more," he agreed, "But not today." He placed a hand on Nathan's chest and tipped his head, "Oh...huh..." he said and leaned back with a puzzled expression on his face. "His body is killing the poison on it's own. How very interesting."

Laurana looked sad for the fae queen. "Is there no way to free you, Hellena? Maybe my magic is strong enough for the task." she suggested, then smiled at her. "Caden is wonderful, though I admit he scared me when I first met him on Earth." She admitted with a smile.

Rebecca scooted closer to Niald, holding his hands in hers, not letting him think even a moment that he was alone. She swore to him she wouldnt leave him, but he couldn't leave her either. Serena did what she could to make the two of them more comfortable.

Nathan coughed in his sleep as the fever soared higher. Memories were breaking free in his mind, along with burried, forgotten magic he hadn't used since the days in Queen Auras court. But something else nagged at his mind. Laurana....there was something about being related to Aura, and her....but then his mind fogged.

Hellena smiled a gentle smile at Laurana, "Do not trouble yourself child,' she said in a frail voice, "I am old. To leave this room now would be too much effort. Only promise me this....do not forget me here. I would like a chance to know you better Sweet granddaughter."

Naild did not stir but sleep deeply. His body felt heavy and disconnected as his mind fought to surface, but he could not find that place.

Morden kissed Serena's temple, "I am going to make more poison repellent potion. I think everyone should take some, just in case."

Alna watched Nathan as he thrashed in fever. Applying cold compresses to his brow and chest. Caden was doing for Nathan as he had for Rebecca. Surrounding him with cool magical mist to keep him from burning up. Hopefully it broke soon.

Andrew shook his head. "Anything large I send that stupid centauress will burn. But...." he grinned as he turned abruptly and placed a finger on the counter where she had prepared the poison. "What if the enemy were tiny...like an ant, or a spider?" he offered. "They would not be immediately alerted to that infiltration."

"I won't ever forget you, grandmother. I'll visit daily. Is there anything I can help you with right now?" She asked, oddly hesitant to leave the last of her mother's family behind! Then she remembered something. "And Grandmother, there is trouble here at the palace. A fae lord named Andrew followed us to the glen, hoping I'd marry him....but now he knows I'm with Cadens son, and he's trying to poison us all to death by monsters. Sheena, Rebecca's mother, tried to kill her daughter. But Nials saved her and the starflowers are a great antidote....but surely, theres another way to defeat them?" Laurana asked, hopeful still for answers.

Rebecca just kept holding Nialds hands, linking their fingers tightly. She remembered how long it took her to find the lights, and knew she had to be patient. She wished she could send the lights herself. The way Laurana and Caden did for her.

"Be careful, Morden. I'm not entirely sure the palace is saFe anymore." She called after him.

Nathan thrashed a bit longer, holding Alna for support. His fever climbed a bit higher, then, just as it seemed lethal, the fever broke, leaving Nathan in a shivering cold sweat. A realization by way of pink haired women and his disappearance at one point made his head spin, but his eyes shot open, wide. "Crap....I guess that makes me Lauranas uncle..." He laughed.
"Thanks, Caden, Alna....I'm better. Poison kicked itself out..." He explained, kissing Alnas hand and unsteadily getting to his feet.

Sheena smiled. "Poisonous spiders. I do like that plan. I've got plenty of poison made if you'd conjure the spiders." She added, knowing they were close to killing all of those morons! No one was safe even in that palace.

Hellena shook her head, "I am content to know someone will spend a bit of the day with me," she said honestly. When Laurana started talking about trouble though her head lifted and the former Queen could be clearly seen, in both bearing and attentiveness. "Andrew?" she frowned, "So that upstart is still trying to rule the fae?' she said shaking her head. "He tried to claim that right with your mother as well, but she had already chosen your father. He forged an alliance with the dark fae Queen and was among those who brought about your parent's deaths. Had I not been trapped here, I could have prevented it." She had a sad expression on her face full of regret. "One thing that is in your favor, my Sweet," she said with a smile, "The royals cannot be poisoned. It is within our genetic make-up that poison passes through without harming us. Some will be sick of stomach for a bit, nut none can be killed in this manner. He apparently does not know this, nor does his accomplice. Use that knowledge as a weapon to trap them. Allow them to believe they have succeeded, and the day will be yours. ALso...Does Sovalna yet see?" she asked, "If so, have her look for the truth of what I have said. She will be given a vision. Her sensitivity to the other world was always strong." She frowned then, "However...being a royal, will not protect these children you speak of...If Morden has not already created an antivenom potion, tell him I said to get off his lazy behind and do so immediately. I can feel his magical signature, so i know he is somewhere in the palace. You have surrounded yourself with good people my Sweet. Trust them and believe in your call."

Niald was having the oddest of dreams. He and a rather large dragon were walking in the most beautiful meadow he had ever seen. They were talking. It should have seemed strange but it felt right and normal somehow. They came upon a squirrel, and he could converse with that creature as well. The Dragon was saying that he needed to fight the fire and force his way back to the light, because someone was waiting for him. He didn't understand but then he saw a wall of fire in front of him and he could see a bright light beyond it. The dragon scraped off some scales and fashioned a shield of them and handed it to Naild, "Be brave, and do not look back. Some day you will find me again...when the time is right." Naild was hesitant to go, but the dragon urged him on. He held the shield before him and ran at the wall of fire and pushed against it until it finally gave way. He fell onto the cool ground of the other side and then began the journey to the light. He drew in a deep sudden breath and pushed through the lighted doorway. His eyes opened and he saw Rebecca. His hand closed over hers.

Morden nodded, "I need to make enough for everyone, I don't trust that we have another day to be prepared for another attack." His potion was not an antivenom designed for any specific poison, but rather a protection spell against all poison that does not allow the poison to enter the body at all. He had created the potion during Aura's reign because of a similar threat. He worked quickly but accurately until he had enough potion for every person in the palace, even the guards. He began going around with the small bottles, instructing each person to drink the whole bottle without stopping and then to eat or drink nothing else for one hour afterward. He entered Nathan's room just as he said the poison kicked itself out of his system. "Oh that's right!" he said and smiled, "That will save me a few potions." He handed vials to both Caden and Alna though, "I'm not sure you will be like Nathan and Laurana, Caden, so better safe than sorry." He made it back to Naild and Serena and smiled at Naild, "Good o see those eyes again," he said and handed them all a vial, "Drink it down all of it, and nothing to eat or drink for an hour. This will protect you from any other poison Sheena decides to concoct."

Alna looked at Nathan, "I had no idea you were not aware of that," she said, "I knew. It never occurred to me to mention it.." she said honestly. He had been through a great deal, and obviously it had stolen more from him than his magical abilities.

Caden drank the potion Morden had given him and then stood to help Nathan get steady on his feet. "Well then...that would make you part of my family as well..I mean..once I ask the girl to marry me, that is."

Andrew smiled, "I know just the kind," he said with a vicious smile, "Wolf Spiders. They are aggressive and need no provocation to attack.

Laurana smiled sadly, realizing shed better spend as much time as possible with Queen Hellena, and at least get closer to her before time faded for the older woman. "Yes Sovalna has her sight again.And she and Nathan are madly in love. I suppose we could stage a set up for Andrew and Sheena, all of us faking our deaths and then all of us ganging up and slaughtering them .." she ran a hand through her long hair, not wanting to leave, yet knowing she might be needed to heal more people. She did have wonderful people all around her, and it really made her thankful she no longer lived on Earth.

Rebecca was so happy that Niald was awake she hugged him tightly, and drank one of the preventing poison bottles soon after. Serena did the same,hugging Rebecca, Niald and Morden. Shed made sure to drink the potion as well. "Niald..how are you feeling?" Serena asked, having missed him being ok and himself, so much.

Nathan just grinned slightly. "You'd better ask Laurana soon. And tell her to take it easy would you. She's got your son in there, and if I'm going to be an uncle. I want my nephew absolutely healthy.....though hopefully not quite so stubborn as you and Laurana." He winked to show he was kidding. Turning to Alna he smiled. "It's alright....both memories and magic are restored. I feel fine. Please drink the potion....I'd hate for you to get hurt " he added, handing Alna a bottle.

Jasmine soon felt rested and nuzzled Varens chest lightly as she opened her eyes. "Varen...should we go see if they need our help at the palace?" She asked as if shed never been injured.

Sheena was very delighted. "Wolf spiders are scary, even without poison. They should be able to take out everyone in just a few hours." She encouraged.

Hellena blinked, "My nephew Nathan?' she asked, "I did not realize he had survived being captured by the Douglas." Tears filled her eyes and fell down her cheeks as her delicate hand lifted to her lips, "Oh heavens be praised," she said looking up, "I had hoped, but dared never believe." Would you please...show him this place?" she asked, "I would love to see him."

Caden smirked, "Mmhmm...nothing like his uncle though...not a stubborn thread in there...not at all.." he grinned teasingly. "I have every intention of asking her once all this craziness dies down. If I don't survive the battle with Andrew, I want her to be free of me."

Alna rolled her eyes at Caden, "You know Boy," she said in a tone he well recognized, "I always knew you were stupid but I thought you were maybe growing out of it. I guess not." She stood and went to him and slapped his shoulder as hard as she could. "Go ask her now you idiot. She will never be free of you. She carries your child. There is no other for her, and you will survive this battle. Go now and do what you should have already done."

Caden frowned at her, "Hey!" he said whens he hit him. He started to tell her she didn't know that but he stopped. She didn't say such things unless she DID know. He stood up, "I think I'll be going now before any more bodily harm occurs to me." he said winking at Nathan.

Naild hugged Rebecca back and then looked at his mother, "I feel better than ever. I had the strangest dream though...I was walking with a dragon and talking to him, and then to a squirrel...the Dragon helped me get passed the fire to the light..."

Morden tipped his head, "Reallly?" he asked, "Do you mean talked out loud or talked in their minds?

Naild shook his head, "Out loud, I understood them and they understood me. And it was just like talking to you...weird isn't it?"

Morden shook his head, "not weird at all. Many fae have had the ability to speak to animals. Maybe that is the talent that has awoken within you."

Varen looked down at Jasmine, "Maybe you should rest a bit more," he suggested, "We never left the palace Jasmine...we are in a side room. We were both very weak, this was as far as I felt safe moving." He looked at her letting his eyes move over her assessing her condition. He was rested, and his wounds felt healed, though his thigh felt a bit tight where they huge gash had been. "We can try to walk and see how we fare...I would like to check on the others, make sure everyone is well."

Andrew nodded, "They are delightful," he said as he conjured a large number of the hairy creatures. "If you will infuse them with your poison, I will send them forth to the palace."

Laurana promised that Hellenw would see Nathan very soon, and she would introduce her to everyone over time. Though Laurana was loathe to leave Hellena, she did need to check on things happening above. "I'll have him see you tonight, grandmother. But unfortunately o must go. Many of us have been poisoned, and I'd like to keep an eye out for more trouble. I'd love a week at least of nothing happening, but that's impossible." She sighed..Knowing that was impossible. She rose to her feet, a bit stiffly. She hugged Hellena gently, sending her lots of healing, energy restoration, and protection. " I swear ill return soon. its been so wonderful getting to know you." Laurana said, before reluctantly headed to the door. Shed find Caden with Nathan and Alna most likely.

Rebecca and Serena were both just so glad Niald was awake and alright. He looked a bit calmer, but still dazed. He spoke of dragons and talking to animals, which she did at times. She helped him get comfortable, bringing him a cold glass of water, and a protective potion. "Dont forget to drink the potion. "don't get poisoned again, Niald. I hate to see you suffer." She added, still worried. In the back of her mind, she felt strange, a sense of detachment falling over her, but she ignored it.

Nathan laughed as Alna gave Caden a good lecture and a smack, then nodded. "You really do need to tie the knots." he agreed as Caden left.

Jasmine thought about how she felt...A little sore, but nothing a good swim in the lake wouldn't fix, she thought. Shed taken care of injuries long enough to know that water was most cleansing...especially the kind she could use. Concentrating, she conjured up a small sphere of blue water and swirled it around her and Varens injuries. She focused on the water deep healing all their injuries, and restoring their energy. "There...can't heal like Laurana can...but simple stuff." She admitted, rising to all fours. She also wanted to see how the others were doing and if any of them needed a break.

Sheena injected each wolf spider with lots of poison. The beasts were soon agitated and ready to attack anything that moved. She sent them all towards the palace!

Alna was smiling one moment and staring into space the next. Unlike Rebecca she knew the feel of a vision very well and she never turned away from them. The one time she had...well...she didn't like to think about that at all. She vision seemed to be of the palace itself. Everything looked calm and peaceful. Why would she be seeing such a things? But then she noticed odd small movements on the walls mostly. She forced her mind to focus and she saw them. Wolf Spiders and they were oddly bloated and angry. As she watched the spiders entered every room and began attacking people. She pulled back from the vision and called to Caden, "Do not go yet..." she said, "They have sent more creatures...smaller..wold spiders. And I think they have been altered somehow. They were bloated and agitated and were attacking everyone. Make sure everyone had been given a potion. Where did the centaurs get off to? Have they been given potions?"

Caden stopped at the door, not because she'd called to him but because he recognized that look. He'd seen it enough times. So he waited to hear what she'd seen. "He was about to turn and call for Laurana but she was at the door when he turned, "Alna has seen a vision. They have already sent their second attack. Spiders...with bloated abdomens..likely carrying her latest poison concoction. I have to find Varen and jasmine, they are the only two that I have not seen to verify they've taken the potion." He kissed her and then rushed off.

Alna looked at her, "You have come to speak to Nathan," she said with a soft smile, "I can leave if you wish."

Varen stood as well and smiled, "I am not sure simple is the right word for your magic, but you may call it what you wish. I will not complain." He moved with her into he hallway and saw Caden approaching them. "Lord Caden," he said with a bow of his head, "Is everyone well?"

Caden nodded, "Everyone is recovering and resting. You must drink this quickly, and nothing to drink or eat for the next hour. Andrew and Sheena have sent another attack our way. Poison spiders. These potions will keep the poison from entering your bloodstream. We need to devise a plan to trap them. If they believe we are all dead, they will come to the palace. Then we can take them both. I believe I know how to capture Andrew, I will need you two to take Sheena." He started toward the armory where they were making their original plans, "If you two will follow me, we can plan..."

Morden watched the women fussing over Naild and smiled. "You did very well Naild," hes aid, "And this dream...It could be your mind's way of preparing you for the power that the starflowers has given you. It may be that you will now be able to speak to animals.

Niald blinked, "You think so?' he asked. He couldn't imagine anything more useful. He drank the potion and nodded, "I have had quite enough poison for one day thank you."

Andrew watched the spiders start off for the palace. He could have just sent them, but what fun was that? They moved quickly, and would be there in less than an hour anyway. No need to waste precious magical energy on sending them faster.

Laurana blinked dazedly at Caden's sudden, hasty departure. Well how mean! Like she couldn't help with anything! Hurmph! She turned to Alna... "It's a delicate matter.... but you can stay, I think he might need support after what I tell him..." She admitted, leading them to a comfortable set of chairs and a round, small table. "Rebecca drew a secret hidden room, just this morning, and I followed where it lead... It's a beautiful room, made of pure, golden and blue topaz... but the old Queen, Hellena, still lives; unable to leave the room ever again.. She said... Nathan is my uncle; brother to Queen Aura. Hellena didn't know until just now that he'd survived from The Douglas' capture.... She'd like very much, to meet you Nathan. If you're willing." Laurana added; she was full of mixed emotions; joyous she found more relatives, and curious to how all this was going to work out.

Nathan was stunned... he didn't believe it... sure he'd heard rumors he was the brother of Queen Aura... but... he never did credit them..."I'm your uncle?? Well I can be fine with that, you're troublesome, but now I get to issue detention when you're bad and reckless." He grinned to let her know he was teasing. "And.. I guess I'll meet this Queen .... but Alna, it could be dangerous.... could you stay up here, with Laurana?" He asked, worriedly. He didn't intend to leave Alna alone for long. He never would.

Jasmine followed Varen and Caden, having drunk her bottle of anti-poison. It didn't taste like anything really, and she was looking forward to Andrew and Sheena's downfall once and for all. Those two would pay dearly for all the needless violence they'd caused.

Rebecca suddenly felt the same vision Alna was having, and wished the Seer was there to help her. She had to sit down and stare for the longest time at a wall before she understood what was happening.... a mirror reflection of the older woman's vision was ricocheting all over her mind. The spiders... so many of them... and so small and fast! She shuddered, having hated spiders her whole life... But these were deadly. Still... they were all going to possibly have to play dead real soon if the plan was ever to work!