• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Caden was watching her and blanketing her in a cool barrier all over, especially her head as that was where the fever would do the most damage. He heard Nathan and looked over at him, "I think Naild will need something to drink soon. He's going to get very hot as well." He knew better than to ask the young man to let go of Rebecca, so he would have to watch out for him.

Niald shook his head, "I am fine," hes aid, "Just make Rebecca better. he felt her grip tighten and frowned, "She is in pain. How long will this take?" He obviously did NOT like seeing her like this. Not one little bit.

Varen nodded, "And I will be happy to let you. Once we discover where she has gone." His words were clipped and his tone cold and hard. She would get no mercy from him, and he doubted from the queen either.

Andrew smiled that charming smile at her, "Oh?" he asked, "And how can you accomplish that?" He led her into the living room with grace and breeding that came from his bloodline. "I can offer you sanctuary, in the kingdom of my parents, but it is far from here. It intrigues me to know why it is you hate your daughter so, and why you seem to hate the queen as well."

Alna saw when Nathan brought her a chair. She was staring into nothingness, and the sight indeed did stir within her. She hadn't seen a vision without the cauldron since Aura had died and she'd seen the vision of the dark fae coming, and how to protect Laurana. This was a powerful vision and she had a death grip on the arms of the chair as she watched in unfurl before her. Sheena and Andrew were about to attempt a heinous deed, even more heinous than poisoning Rebecca....

Laurana didn't once break concentration. In fact she added her power with Cadens, making Rebecca almost as cool as an Ac unit like the ones shed used on Earth. She kept the cool spots in Rebecca's chest as well as her head, easing her discomfort as much as possible. With another hand, she made another long, silver tray appear, full of meats, breads, cheeses, grapes, watermelon slices, and bananas appear, plenty of iced tea pitchers and glases as well. Since neither she, Rebecca, nor Niald could move, she could focus on making the guests comfortable. She also spared Nathan a trip, setting up deep bowls of pure water and extra wash cloths.

Jasmines tail swished in anger. Shed never harm an innocent. To hurt your own child....was like attacking your own self! How could the bond of motherhood become weak and broken? Was it just because Sheena had no man to help? Still no excuse! "No mercy given this time." She agreed as they continued searching. Shed not rest til they found that witch.

Sheena found this question too easy to answer. "That girl was a useless,brainless idiot since day one. I could have been a socialite. A respected, desireable woman..but fae men, except Morden obviously, usually fled from heavy extra burdens like someone else's child in court ship. She hated that father of Rebecca..what was his damn name, even? Oh right....Dannen. ..That man whore had cheated on her repeatedly. Then, once Sheena gave birth to nothing but a girl, he left. In her twisted mind, she was owed retribution. And that was her goal, to get revenge on everyone.who'd slighted her.

Rebecca felt sick from the fever, but haunting dreams hit her mind after the blackness faded. She saw a vision the same time it hit Sovalna. Mother....she was in a house of gold. Talking, conspiring against all of them...but most especially, Laurana.....the rest of the dream faded however, and she stopped tossing and turning, letting the blissful coolness ease her back to sleep. She wished she could wake up to warn them! But shed no idea how long she would have to suffer first.

Nialds bravery and unwavering devotion to Rebecca was admireable. But he risked his own health by not eating or drinking. Nathan brought him a plate of sandwiches, fruits, and a glass of iced tea. "keep your strength, lad. Shell need you when she wakes." Nathan did turn to Caden then. "But when is Rebecca supposed to wake? So we know what to expect?" He asked. Then he saw Alnas expression and headed back to help her.

Naild saw the food and nodded, "I guess that is true," he said reluctantly. But he was not willing to let go of her at all, not even to eat something or drink something. He was sweating, and where his body touched Rebecca's it felt like he was on fire, but he did not release ehr at all. The cooling that Caden and Laurana were providing was all around him as well, except for where the two young people were actually physically touching, there the heat remained like a link between the two of them.

Morden saw that Niald was not going to move to feed himself and went to sit next to him on the floor. He lifted a glass of water to his son's lips and smiled, "I'll help you drink...but you drink ok?" Niald nodded and smiled back. He fed him a bit of the fruit and a bit of meat as well. he was right proud of the boy. It was more than obvious these two had a special bond and his son was at that moment learning what it meant to be a man. He could hardly wait to tell Serena.

Varen nodded and continued to follow the trail. It was difficult because the woman was small and obviously light on her feet, so not all of her footprints were visible. The tracking was pretty slow going as a result, which was incredibly frustrating to him, but he would rather take his time and follow the true path than go faster and possibly veer from it.

Alna shook her head when the vision cleared and she sat there processing the images and voices. She felt Nathan return to her side and she gabbed his arm, "Sheena plots to kill Caden, so that Lauranna will be free to marry Andrew...He is party to this and though he plans to betray Sheena as part of his own plan to win Laurana's affections and trust, he is willing to let Sheena kill Caden. They are at a gold house...all gold..."

Andrew listened and looked as if he were commiserating with her, "I cannot believe any man would care what they had to deal with to have a woman like you by their side, child or no. Children DO grow up and leave after all. Still, you have been slighted in the most horrible fashion, and you do deserve your revenge. How were you panning to kill this Caden?" he asked, willing to let her do that bit of dirty work for him, so that the queen would not believe he was party to the death of her ..whatever Caden was to her. Surely he was not her lover. No, such a thing was not even fathomable, no royal would ever allow themselves to be entangled in such a way with a common fae guard.

Rebecca felt the fever climb even higher, as she tried to wake up. But everything was so dark....and the edges of consciousness were full of agony and heat. Burning her insides.....making her wonder if letting this life go and simply praying for a nicer afterlife was easier.

Sheena blushed at Andrews words, smiling a little. She liked him, he knew what he wanted and was relentlessly in persuit. "Oh that queen, she is only with Caden because he was the first to court her, after he brought her back from the other world. I'm sure if shed met you first, she would have loved you.....but getting rid of a bear like Caden won't be easy. Hes like an impenetrable fortress, and yes, he and Laurana are lovers..but im positive we can make her miscarry. Let me make a few potions, and shell lose that brat."

Jasmine played with the air a bit, stirring up cooling breezes to cool both of them off. Neither of the centaurs seemed to have much luck finding Sheena!

Nathan knew where that gold house was! He paled, but told Alna to stay put. He then took off to see if Sheena was trying to hide there!

Naild felt the heat grow, but he kept talking to her, urging her to fight and stay with him. "Don't you realize I need you?' he asked, "Who will boss me around when I am old like Caden and Morden? What will I ahve to look forward to every day?" His voice was sincere and heartrendingly tender to listen to and it was obvious that the young boy did believe everything he was saying. He expected her to be there when with him as they grew older, and share all of life's experiences.

Caden lifted a brow, "Hey now..I am not old..." He chided playfully but did not stop his ministrations to them both.

Morden was wiping Naild's brow with a cool cloth and urging him to drink between his pleadings to rebecca. If the girl lived, it would no doubt be because of the things his son was saying to give her a reason to stay among the living.

Alna frowned and called after Nathan, "No....not alone..." but it was too late he was already gone.

Varen found another few light imprints in the dirt and moved to where they were and then began to diligently search for more. Slow progress was still progress. He heard something coming toward the not taking time to be quiet and he drew his sword, "Halt!" he called but seeing it was Nathan he lowered the sword immediately, "Forgive me," he said, "I am at high alert." He lowered his head and looked at Nathan, "Is there news of the child?' he asked, "Has she recovered?"

Andrew furrowed his brow, "She is with child?" he asked incredulously, "that cannot be so," he said and began to pace. If that were the case she could not be his mate, and partner in ruling the Fae. He would not accept a soiled queen. "Then we must alter the plan," he said as he drew her with him through the living space and out the back and into the forest. "They will begin searching every dwelling. You cannot be found with me." He cast a spell and the both of them were transported to a cave at the far end of the Glen. "I will make certain you are safe, in exchange for three things. A poison weapon strong enough to kill Caden, A poison that will kill Laurana and the child within her, and a potion that will make the fae of the glen remember none of it, and only that I am king." His eyes were cold on her then, "If you cannot do as I ask, you are nothing but a burden to me that will be cast back at your captors without a second's hesitation."

Rebeccas eyes fluttered, as though trying to wake up early! She shook her head, trying to talk.."Want to wake up...please Niald...I'm trying so hard to get back to you.....but its so dark now...." She said, then coughed violently.

Nathan froze on command, nodding to Jasmine and Varen. "I've come to help drag that Sheena bitch back. She deserves the death sentence. Rebecca hasn't recovered yet, but....Laurana has conjured up the star flower antidotes, injected her with them....and she and Caden have been keeping the fever at bay....Niald won't leave her side, its....tragic." he added, feeling like he wanted to strangle Sheena and drop her dead body off a cliff!

Jasmine stared at the gold house they were standing at, and knocked impulsively on the front door.

Sheena didn't protest at Andrews bossy ways! She only stared thoughtfully......"Such a hatred of your once obsession....don't doubt me, my lord. I can spare Laurana, kill the child within her, murder Caden and maybe Solvana. Seers are annoying." she added, gazing at the plants, leaves, and berry bushes she could use for her dark poisons.

Naild touched her cheek, "there is light there...look for it. I am there with you. Look for me. i will show you how to come back." he promised. He didn't really know what he was saying, but somehow he kenw it was true.

Caden couldn't believe some fo the things Naild was saying. he hadn't ever struck him as quite this mature, but then death tended to sober everyone. He cast that thought away. Rebecca was NOT going to die. He locked his gaze with Laurana and made a silent pact. This child was not going to die.

Morden couldn't believe some of it either but he knew Niald to be a thoughtful and complicated thinker and this was jsut more evidence of it. He was bracing Niald up somewhat now, and making him drink and eat. it was agonizing to watch and listen.

Alna did not remember the palace as well as her home. She wanted to help but without sight she could do little but sit there helplessly until Nathan returned.

Varen was not as polite as Jasmine. He flat out kicked the door down forcefully. He moved inside with purpose and was extremely frustrated when the place was empty. He saw the living room and one tell tale footprint. "She was here," he said, "He ahs taken her somewhere." His voice was a low growling force that echoed in the room. "What did The Seer say?" he asked.

Andrew looked at Sheena, "I will not ahve a queen who has defiled herself with a commoner. You can kill the child but the defilement is already rampant throughout her body. Any child of mine would be tainted by it. NO...I will rule alone, or until someone of the other white fae is of age to stand by my side rightfully." He looked at her, "She chose death when she chose Caden as her lover."

Lauranas tears kept falling from her eyes like crystal drops. "Please, Rebecca ....find the light like Niald told you too....Caden and I will always take care of you. You'll never be alone, and you do have wonderful talents. You just haven't been given any fair advantages, and when you open your eyes....I promise, your life will be so much better." She encouraged.

Nathan and Jasmine were furious that Andrew was helping Sheena escape. This just added fuel to the furnace! Nathan slashed a table neatly in two with his blade, promptly followed by a punch to a glass window! Jasmine lead the angry males out of the house. "Might as well inform her majesty of the bitter news...poor Rebecca. Let's see if she's woken up yet." Jasmine suggested. Nathan glowered a bit longer at the gold house, then followed the others back to the steps near the dungeon...."No signs of either Sheena or Andrew. Must have got a hide out, though I can't think where." Nathan announced, short of growling. He returned to Alnas side, helping her stand up and lean on him for support.

Rebecca soon found herself chasing after two bright lights: a shimmery green one from Niald, and a sparkling purple from Queen Laurana. Very gradually, her fever was lessening, the cool waves comforting her. Reminding her of a cold breeze on a warm spring afternoon.. She sped faster towards those lights, pulling herself out of the void....her eyes, slowly opened...no longer pale blue, but a myriad of colors: a darker, sapphire blue, flecked with pink, purple, even gold! She didn't know either, that her hair turned from plain red, to ruby red, now a soft wave down her back. She gazed at Niald first, using his arms to carefully push herself up. The dagger was still lying by her side...."Thanks....Niald, Queen Laurana, Sir Caden...everyone. I think I pulled through...." Her voice was hoarse, having not been able to eat or drink all day. But she felt....disoriented, confused. How long had she been unconscious, and were those weird flashing dreams supposed to mean anything...?? She hoped not.

Alna leaned on Nathan when he returned, "You did not find them," she said before he could tell her. She sighed, "So the vision was true and now they had far greater problems. She heard the child and smiled, "Good for you young one." she said but did not expect a reply. "Can you take me to them?" she asked Nathan and held onto him while he did so. She knelt then, "My Queen," she said, "There is much danger. You must take care. Andrew seeks to kill the three of you, and Sheena wishes the child dead as well. He considers you tainted Laurana...unfit to be queen. So he had pronounced judgment upon you."

Varen stepped forward then, "We went to the gold house where Andrew took up residence, but he was not there. however i saw evidence of the woman's presence, so it is clear that he is assisting her." He l;looked at them, "I may know of a place he could have taken her. There is a cave on the far side of the glen. It used to be the home of a tinker gnome many years ago when Queen Aura was presiding over the Glen."

Caden was having a lot of trouble containing his rage. Laurana unfit? Tainted? Oh he din't think so. The room around them experienced a noticeable change in temperature and ice formed on the walls and icy crystals formed on all the light fixtures and furniture. He blinked the rage away though and looked around the room, "Sorry.." he said and then just as quickly as the ice came it was gone. "We will check there first then." He said to Varen.

Morden had never seen such power come from Caden and he wondered at it. "I can make potions that will help you resist poison if she manages to poison any of you. It will not be a cure, but it will keep you alive until you can return here."

Alna nodded to Morden and then looked at Laurana, "You must listen to me now my Queen," she said and there was urgency and concern in her voice. You must not leave this palace. For any reason....I know you...you will wish to leave, but you must not. If you do, you will lose the life of your child. It is for you to stay here and safeguard the unborn and the living children."

Naild didn't like the sound of any of this and he chose to shut most of it out and focus on Rebecca, "How are you feeling? Are you comfortable? Can i get your something?" he asked, "I was so scared..."

Andrew looked at Sheena, "How long will it take you to make these poisons?" he asked, "We need a plan to lure those simpletons in...and you my dear are the perfect bait. But it must all be properly timed."

Rebecca felt her heart still racing! "I was terrified.... I'm glad I didn't go to that other light... I think the gold-white one was bad..." She added. She wanted to stand up, but felt too light headed still, and shaking like a leaf in a bad storm wasn't helping either. She hugged Niald, frowning as she heard Sovalna's warning to the queen... "Mother will probably try to lure me out first, before she goes after the rest of you... but I know her tricks now. I'm never listening to her again." She added. "Just tea, please, Niald... I don't think I can handle anything else..." It was when she smiled that her eyes brightened, revealing all the new colors. Her hair was obviously different, now that a patch of bright afternoon light shone on the group.

Laurana gazed at Sovalna with a combination of worry and frustration...."Damn that awful woman....I'll stay inside, but we'll have to all be very careful....especially you, Rebecca, I know she'll target you first...just hope she's not bold enough to set foot in here, or Andrew for that matter. We have strength in numbers, but they're vile and crafty... I don't know what they'll attempt first...Should we go to them? Or wait for them to taunt us here, before capturing them?" She asked, omitting the fact that when they were both caught, she wasn't going to show any mercy at all. That hope had long fled, as soon as she'd found Rebecca bleeding in the stairwell.

Nathan pondered, as did Jasmine, what steps they should take now, of course. They didn't want to waste time either, but Nathan certainly wasn't going to leave Alna unguarded, or anyone at risk for that matter. They'd all have to guard the castle it seemed, but probably in shifts, as staying awake too long was never a good thing. "Should we maybe move Serena in as well? I can't tell who they'll go after as a lure-baiting tool." He added, looking mostly at Niald and Morden when he asked.

Caden stood and looked around the room. Varen, Jasmine, you two come with me. We need to plan and get suited up for tomorrow. Nathan, you and Alna stay here. You know where the armory is right? Suit yourself up and make sure the guards that are here are fully armed as well. If they need training I trust you to provide it." He looked at Morden then, "Can you have those potions ready by tomorrow morning?"

Morden nodded, "Of course," he said. He ehard Rebecca ask for tea and poured some then handed it to Naild.

Naild held the cup for her, "Slowly..." he whispered. "I am glad you came back...so glad."

Caden nodded, "Good. Naild...you need to go and get your mother and bring her here. Everyone else should be safe in their homes." He then knelt and framed Laurana's face with his hands. "Please do as Alna said," he asked and she'd see the look in his eyes, "I cannot fight if i am worried about you as well."

Morden looked over at Rebecca and frowned, "Was her hair that color before?"

ALna turned then, "What?" Tell me...what do you see?"

Morden wasn't sure, "I think it's a darker red, and her eyes ...now that I am looking. Her eyes have many different colors in them now, not just blue."

Alna nodded, "Then she DID receive powers." she said with a smile, "I am relieved."

Varen waited for Caden to lead the way, ready to instruct and ma out the way.

Jasmine was glad to have something to do right then. She left with Varen and Caden to the armory. She was beyond ready to do some damage! But she had to temper her emotions....letting feelings get out of hand, meant something else could happen as well!

Laurana felt really, really tired. Not as exhausted as shed used to get, and she remembered to use the walls to draw energy from, but just a tiredness from doing too much at once. Otherwise she felt fine. "I'll stay here, promise. I'm not looking for trouble again. The danger is almost as great as when we destroyed The Douglas...I have a lot to do here." She assured him, kissing him deeply and hugging him tight. "You all best be careful. If anyone is injured, hurry here and ill heal the wounds." She said, then noticed Rebecca's differences. It made her smile...."Rebecca, while Niald is getting Serena, I think you and Sovalna have a lot to discuss....are you up to it?"

Rebecca drank slowly, but she was listening to the comments about her hair and eyes..she was on her feet with Nialds help, but she told him to be careful on the way home. "I'm glad too, Niald. Thank you....for being my anchor. " she hugged him. "I'll talk with Sovalna, Queen Laurana...I feel...mostly fine, just lightheaded.....and what's wrong with my looks?" she went to a small, silver framed mirror at the end of the hall.....oh wow....she was really, really different! What was happening to her? She solemnly walked to Sovalnas side, greeting her respectfully.

Nathan chuckled. Things were grim yes, but trust children to lighten the mood.He was very relieved as they all were, that Rebecca had made such an amazing recovery. She looked so vibrant now, compared to an hour ago. He leaned in to Alnas ear, whispering. "If ever there was a chance to ask the queen for anything....wait til the others leave, and propose to train Rebecca, in exchange for normal sight. Worse case might be...Laurana can restore your sight and you'd keep the sight. Two Seers, maybe. What an advantage." He said grinning.

Caden kissed ehr back and smiled, "Thank you...just knowing you are here safe will be the help I need." He stood then and motioned for varen and Jasmine to follow him. Once in the armory he went to a table and paid out a blank parchment. It was as large as the table. "We need to begin with a detailed map of the Glen. Varen...you have been here all along. You will have the most accurate knowledge of the layout and hazards of the glen. Please make the map while Jasmine and i hone the weapons." They were strong and sturdy, the weapons in this armory but they had not been used in over thirty years. They would all need fresh sharp edges. He looked at jasmine then, "Have you used a whetstone before?' he asked.

Alna smiled at Nathan, "I wil ask. Perhpas you should accompany young Niald?" she wondered. She went then to Laurana and waited for Rebecca to join them. She smiled at the young lady, "I have a proposition for both of you. In truth my Queen, I had come to the castle today to ask if you could restore my sight. I was afraid to ask though, because I gave my sight in exchange for the second sight. So I know that receiving it back may take away my ability to see as i have been to help you. But now that Rebecca is...well...she is going to become a seer. I can train her, and help her. I suppose it is possible I may not lose the gift. I do not know. But Nathan deserves a better wife. I want to be that for him. What say you?" she asked, "I will abide by your decision my queen."

Varen nodded to Caden, "I can do that." he said and grabbed a pencil and began to sketch out the glen. He was actually a gifted artist, so the glen on his map was detailed and beautifully crafted. He used his hand to measure distances to keep everything proportional and after a few hours he was finished. "This is the glen, Lord Caden."

Jasmine smiled and nodded, taking the whetstone and proving her own dexterity in sharpening the blades they would need. "Many times, Lord Caden." She assured him, letting Varen map out the safest course of their travels.

Laurana was surprised! But she smiled, holding Sovalna's hand. "I'd be glad, to restore your sight, Sovalna. If your other sight stays, then you will be a great help to Rebecca. She's going to need as much training as you can give her. As for Nathan, you know he loves you no matter what you choose. He's a perfect match for you." Laurana added, then closed her eyes as her body began to glow light violet. Rebecca watched, awe- struck at how much power the queen truly seemed to have, how limitless her energy appeared to be, as Sovalna soon lost the blindness of her eyes, like a dark, heavy visor being lifted from the older woman, Sovalna would now be able to see just as well as the others! Laurana's heart couldn't be happier for the first Seer... and she stepped back when she was finished.... "Sovalna.... can you see now? How do you feel?" Laurana asked, leaning slightly on the table for support.

Nathan motioned for Niald, wanting to get Serena here quickly and safely as possible. There was a lot they all needed to do, and Rebecca, even though she loved Niald as much as he loved her, was going to need a little space to work out all that she'd been through and all she'd need to learn. Things weren't going to be completely easy for her,but they sure would be happier, he knew. "Rebecca's in the most excellent hands,Niald. We have just this one errand and we'll be here again before you know it." He said assuringly to the anxious lad.~

Caden nodded, and began gathering the weapons for Jasmine to hone. He then went and began gathering supplies as well. bedrolls, canteens and other items they would need to travel. He had initially thought to teleport them to the cave, but he did not know if Andrew's magic would be able to detect that, so he decided that they would be best served by avoiding the use of magic as much as possible until the final confrontation. He heard Varen and went to inspect the map. His brows lifted, "This is magnificent Varen," he said as he looked at it.

Varen huffed a bit, "I like to dally at drawing," he said, "This is the gnome's cave." he said, "We are here. It will be a full day on foot to get there." he informed him, "Here..there is a stream where we can refil canteens if needed. And here there is a large dangerous serpent, though if we are careful he will remain asleep...unless he is hungry...then we will be forced to deal with him. There are also a few other predators in the forests, wolves, and some large cats. We will ahve to be careful."

Alna nodded, "I know he does, but I want to be able to share with him...and I want to see him. Selfish I know..." She wasn't expecting the Queen to heal her just then, but she felt ehr eyes changing and smiled. She opened then and the first thing she saw was the queen. "Oh you are even lovlier than i imagined," she said and then looked at Rebecca. As are you child," she said. She looked around the room and took it all in. The Palace...is just as I remember from when I was a child." She turned back to Laurana then, "I feel fine," she said and noticing the leaning she pulled a chair up for her. "You need to sit for a few moments." She looked at Rebecca then, "I will guide you and help you as much as I can...I will not know if the second sight has left me until I attempt to use my cauldron at home, or until I ahve a vision. But I have been the seer for five decades...I will help you. It can be frightening, because understanding what you see is not always part of the gift. But I will help you. You will not be alone."

Naild nodded at Nathan, "I want my mother to be safe as well. I know Rebecca is in good hands. She needs to learn about her new powers. Hopefully they will keep ehr safe from her mother."

Nathan knew nothing but Sheena's and Andrews deaths would keep any one from being safe right then. Nathan said nothing however, and simply escorted Niald out of the palace and down to where the houses were, grouped together in their beautiful variations of gemstones; he was so happy now that Alna had her sight back! How she was going to love the Glen so much more, made him feel complete. He kept eyes open and his mind alert however, in case they'd run into some kind of trouble. But he and Niald made good time, and reached Serena and Morden's house. Knocking on the door, he hoped she was home. Moments later, she answered, smiling when she saw who it was. "Niald, thank goodness! Is everything alright?" She asked, knowing how he felt about hugging, and refraining. She smiled at Nathan, stepping outside, wearing a pretty grey blouse with silvery sequence and a matching skirt and sandals. Her hair was in a braid. She looked like she'd been up and busy for a while. "Everything is fine; but ... for a while it wasn't." Nathan explained the situation to her, and she paled a bit, then quickly grabbed a back pack, some supplies, and readily left the house, following Nathan and Niald back to the house- she also had extra ingredients for Morden's potions, in case he needed to make extra!

Jasmine was quite busy, sharpening swords, daggers, and light axes. She also gathered as many arrows as she could, and large quivvers- assuming they might have to fight long-ranged a few times. It seemed like they were going into very dangerous territories! Well, it was inevitable then,that Lord Caden might see her abilities at some point. She shrugged, it wasn't like she had to hide them here....everyone here seemed to have magic...well except Nathan.

Rebecca was ready to learn from Sovalna; who probably still would retain her sight; she didn't have any flashes in her mind just then, thankfully.... though oddly... another image formed in her mind and she paused as they were almost to the library. "Wait... I'm seeing something.. .but... is it...? " She halted, uncertain. "I see Niald and Nathan walking with Serena back here... but there's too much quiet. ..I'm probably worried for nothing- here, they're almost at the palace."

Indeed, the trio hadn't hesitated at all in getting back to the palace... no one was taking chances!

Naild was glad his mom was quick to grasp the dire situation and just come with them. They were moving quickly and almost at the castle when he saw something out of the corner of his eye. He pushed him mother behind him and pulled a short sword from his side. He'd never seen such a large ...well it looked like a mantis of some kind but where the hands should be there were clawlike things that seemed to be dripping something green. It was as good as his childish mind could get to describing what was before him. "Stay behind me mother..."

ALna reached out to touch Rebecca, "No ..never stop a vision. Never think something is not important. Visions are a gift, they ALWAYS have a purpose. Focus on it again. What do you see?"

Varen felt a prickle in the hairs of his mane, "Something is amiss." he said simply and perked up her head and was straining to listen. "We should make a sweep and check....I sense something..."

Caden frowned, "I am a firm believer in such gut feelings. You take the garden, Jasmine you take the courtyard and i'll check the palace itself."

Rebecca nodded at Alnas instructions. She knew best, and the vision was so clear, she couldn't see the palace or people anymore, it was as though she was with Caden, Jasmine, Nathan, Niald, and the others ... Suddenly....the huge, 7ft mantis sprung out of the trees, charging straight for Niald, Serena, and Nathan! <Look out!> she yelled silently, unsure if they heard. Nathan hacked at the monster, his long blade slicing across the beasts leg. He stood protectively in front of Niald and Serena, who had started sending out her special shielding magic instantly.

Laurana could only help Rebecca and Alna seat themselves at the nearest tables, unable to do much other than watch! She hated not being able to help. "Huge mantis just started attacking....Niald, Nathan and Serena ...all fighting it....Jasmine is running to help..." Rebecca said, her voice distant now, as her body turned oddly cold.

Alna placed a hand on Rebecca's and watched. She saw her slip into the proper state and then felt the vision thought her hand. Then she heard her speaking and frowned. She closed her eyes and tried to focus, to see if perhaps the sight yet remained with her. Generally when someone close to you was involved in something, the visions were stronger and so, if she had yet the gift, it would speak to her because of Nathan. She drew in a soft breath to relax herself and concentrated on Rebecca's words and waited. The familiar swirl of color and then image flashed before her mind's eye. She smiled and then frowned. The vision began right when the mantis slashed at Nathan and though he jumped back she saw blood on his chest and arm.

Caden heard the screech of something and started running toward the palace gate. He saw a huge creature attacking Naild, Nathan and Serena. He pushed up a rock barrier between the creature and the others giving them time to fall back a bit.

The creature stabbed at the rocked in a frenzy and broke it to pieces in just a few blows.

Varen had his sword drawn and was going at the thing with heavy well placed blows. Completely severing one of his arms with the blade looking claws. Take away the creature's best weapons first and then go for the heart, was his philosophy.

Niald pulled Serena back and pushed her toward the palace, "Get to safety Mother..." he said as his short sword met a blow from the creature and diverted it away from them both.

Andrew was smiling. "That creature should keep them busy for a while, "How is that poison coming?' he asked.

Jasmine dashed into the fray, kicking at the Mantis back with her powerful forelegs, knocking it away from Niald, Serena, and poor Nathan, who rose to his feet admirably, despite all the blood leaking from the terrible wound. Jasmine kept herself in front of the others, concentrating on fire bursting out of her spearhead. When she pierced its side, flames shot out and surrounded the Mantis, she concentrated, making the fire extra hot!

Serena continued shielding Niald and the others however, though she couldn't shield herself. She had to ensure her sons safety, and wouldn't leave him behind. "Not until this beast is gone, Niald. Keep out of range.." then she too, drew her long dagger, defending them as best as she could!

Rebecca's tears flowed easily as she felt Nathan's stab wound as if it had been hers. She explained everything to Alna, and then turned worriedly to Laurana, her eyes sparkling with their new colors. "Andrew and mother....in some kind of cave, not far........Making a truly horrible poison....worse than all the kinds shed experimented on me....black....with traces of white.....its scary.....I can't look into it, but I can't pull away." She looked entranced, and Laurana couldnt even guess what terrible poison this would be!

Andrew was sooo bossy! But the deed was done, and to look at her handiwork, her heart grew delighted. Soon they'd all pay! "Yes Lord Andrew, my blackest poison yet, is completed.....such a,pity I can't reach Rebecca...I'd love to see her die first....but I know...Laurana and Caden first." She added, sighing regretfully. She really was awful.

Rebecca kept gazing into that ugly blackness, it pulled her along, no matter how hard Laurana kept trying to pull her back. She kept describing the Mantis battle, how it was now on fire....but suddenly, she pitched forward, falling right out of the chair, unable to breathe!