Nsaw her confusion and felt his heart ache a bit for her. "i'm sorry she didn't allow you to play." He said as he touched her hand gently, "But I can teach you...if you want..." He stood and still holding her hand led her to the small table in the corner that had the checkers and board already set up. He always left it ready for a new game, because he liked to play, and he thought it looked more inviting already set up.

Morden nodded, "She is a it serious but she smiles and is kind in spite of her mother. She will be fine with love and encouragement, but we can definitely teach her some games. She might even enjoy some crafts or drawing. Maybe we can find some clay or paint around."

Hellena smiled, "I would love to see Morden and anyone else that might like to visit." She nodded then to his comments about Laurana, So she has her mother's penchant for rash decisions, does she?" the smile there was glowing, "Well she comes by it naturally, I dare day" she chuckled, "I made my fair share of those in my day...oh my..more than my fair share I think." A slow breath filled her lungs, "Time is a very good teacher though Nathan, She will figure it all out, and she has a good man beside her, that helps too."

Caden held Laurana and watched her sleep. He did sleep for a bit as well, but he was awake before her and watched her admire the ring. "You like it?' he asked in a soft sleepy kind of voice right next to her ear. He was not at all sure what he had done to deserve her, but he was very glad she believed in him enough to trust him with her heart. His hand moved to her tummy and a smile curled his lips, "I can hardly wait for him to join us...do you have a name picked out?"

Varen looked around too and frowned, "This cannot be all of it." he said decidedly, "This all looks as if it is being preserved...like a museum. There must be actual usable armor somewhere." He looked around and noticed an irregularity in the stones on one wall. That's odd..." he said as he drew nearer. His hand reached up for the torch, which he intended to lift out of its cradle and look more closely at the stones, but when he touched it it moved toward the wall and the loud sound of scraping stone on stone could be heard as a large potion of the wall opened up. His brow lifted, "Well...that explains the irregularity in the stones that I saw..." He grabbed another torch and stepped into the next room. "This will do...and quite nicely I would think..." He said over his shoulder to her, "have a look.." On every wall were pieces of armor. Shields, swords, breastplates, and grieves as well as shin guards and helmets filled the room. There were also some spears on the far wall and some bows and quivers full of arrows as well. "We have apparently been in possession of a well outfitted guard....and we will be again if I have anything to say about it."

Nathan chuckled at the Queen's admittance of her own wild ways.. "True... to be young and wild... happens only on occasion I should say." He smiled, still holding Alna's hand. They were having a lovely time, and remembering his own special talents, he managed to conjure up a large silver platter full of delicious ham-cheddar- and tomato sandwiches with a wide range of condiments and cold cuts to choose from, as well as beautiful pitchers of iced and hot tea, with several glasses. "Are you hungry, Queen Hellena? I can always make more. I've been baking since boyhood, but now and then I guess it doesn't hurt to use magic,...since it's been unblocked." He didn't like to think of Hellena not being able to get things she needed!

Rebecca blushed slightly, but nodded at Niald.. "Okay.. I think I'd like to learn... to play." She said, gazing at the lovely checkers board, and pulled up her seat, studying it as well as the pieces. "So what are the rules of this game?" She asked, smiling at Niald.

Serena was happy to see Rebecca's willingness to learn how to be a regular child- it was about time, since Sheena was no longer in her life, she'd have a lot more freedom to just be herself, and Serena could already tell Rebecca was exceptional as a person; she'd had to grow way too fast. It was long overdu that things slowed down for the girl. "I agree, Morden. And I know my son will be a big influence on keeping her from being sad or having too many bad memories." She checked the oven's contents; yes, the casserole looked and smelled delicious. She set the table swiftly, making sure each seat had plates, silverware, and glasses, as well as fancy blue or green napkins. Then, she pulled out the casserole, turned off the oven and stove, before letting it cool a bit on the counter. "Morden, could you pour the tea?" She asked sweetly, kissing his cheek lightly.

Laurana indeed loved this ring! "It's a gorgeous ring, Caden- it even matches the engagement ring." She giggled as he curled his hand on her stomach, feather-soft touches. "I don't know yet... I've been hoping you had a name picked out... But I do like the names Orion and Samuel." She shrugged, unable to think much of a name just then! She was also looking forward to her baby's arrival, with growing love and warmth... "We still need to decorate a room of his own... maybe close to Rebeccas?" She wondered.

Jasmine was impressed as she followed Varen into the hidden room of extra nice armor and weapons! She could stay here for a long time, just admiring it all. "This is certainly more like it.... " She agreed, smiling. "Shall we start carrying out these things to fit the guards?" She wondered, gazing longingly at a 5ft long silver handled spear with a glittering, bright gold point. She could definitely see the palace being far safer if everyone had these weapons and suits of armor.

Alna's stomach chose that moment to growl loudly, "pardon me," she blushed, "I apparently am hungry."

Hellena laughed joyfully, "Oh Seer I do adore you." she said with a glowing smile on her lips. "Please, sit with me?" she asked "It has indeed been a long time since I have had companions for a meal."

Alna lifted sad eyes to Hellena, "I am sorry I did not realize you were here. I would have come sooner. I"m sure others will as well."

Hellena shrugged, "They may," she said as she made herself a sandwich. "This all looks fabulous Nathan. You mentioned baking...you don't happen to bake blackberry pie....by any chance?" She looked up with a hopeful childlike expression on her face.

Naild explained the rules of the game and showed her a few legal moves and then set everything back as it had been and allowed her to go first. As they played he would correct any mistakes she made, and allow her to make a different move. He was patient and kind as he taught her and in the end she did win that game. "So ..." he asked looking up at her as he put the piece back for the next game. "Did you like this game?" he asked.

Morden nodded, "I will Sweetheart," he said as he grabbed the pitcher and poured tea for everyone. "Niald is very good for her. They will do well together once they are grown I can tell. He needs to remember he's a child as well, so hopefully trying to remind her...he will remind himself."

Caden listened and traced those little touches over her stomach lovingly. "I like those names," he said honestly, "The only name I ahve any knowledge of from my past, is the blanket that i was wrapped in when Morden found me. It had the name Adamar embroidered on it." He sighed, "I have no idea whose name it was, perhaps my father? Morden said there was a signet ring on my neck that had Caden engraved into it, so he assumed it to be my given name. It is entirely possible that it was the other way around. that my name is actually Adamar, and my father's was Caden. But I am Caden now, and happily bear the name."

Varen chuckled at Jasmine, "We sent them all home to rest remember?" he said with a slight curl to his lips.

Nathan nodded. "All manners of pies, cookies, brownies, breads and pastries. I think I took it up as a hobby after my encounter with The Douglas. It gave me meaningful work, and helped put some weight on my bones... I think I was no more than 100 pounds after my escape." He shrugged. He was glad to see Hellena so happy though; she looked as if she really did need cheering up, and that all the visiting was helping. He smiled at Alna, then went ahead and conjured up the blackberry pie as requested.

Caden's arms were so soothing, Laurana never wanted to leave them; she couldn't remember when she felt this relaxed.... especially since summoning them all to the Glenn. Times had been so stressful for all involved, monsters... Sheena,..Andrew... she wasn't really looking forward to anymore adventures for a while, that was for sure. She felt her son kick lightly, letting them know that he was hungry! Her stomach growled loudly just then, reminding then both that it had been -a while- since Laurana had been able to eat anything in the middle of all the craziness. "Guess kid wants dinner." She said apologetically.

Niald might have been good at the chess-game, but pretty soon, Rebecca showed a bit more of her intellect and captured several of his peices! Luckily Serena announced dinner was ready and she grinned. "I should probably go home after we eat... but I look forward to practicing this game a lot more." She said smiling as she headed to the table, looking questioningly at Serena. "Do you need any help?" She asked.

Jasmine sulked slightly, a bit sad now! "Drats.. we did... Well then I guess there's nothing for it but to go patrol a little and then rest?" She proposed.

Hellena listened as Nathan spoke. How terrible his experiences must have been. She felt anger at Gyslyn on a magnified level as a result. The foolish girl who had disclosed their secrets and betrayed them all. This is the very reason I had Aura destroy all the crystals....we cannot have our entire race compromised by someone's carelessness again."

Alna nodded, "I destroyed all the lore associated with them. The new Queen has some of the ancient power within her, but I will in time explain to her, why it is safer to be kept locked away." Knowing what happened to Nathan, she would fight to keep that magic locked away. They no longer needed it anyway, since both Laurana and Caden were able to heal.

Caden chuckled, "Well....what my son wants my son gets." he said and rolled off his side of the bed and moved around to help her up. "What would you like?" he asked her tummy with a big smile on his face.

Morden smiled at Rebecca, "NO help needed," he smiled, "I was her assistant tonight. Please have a seat."

Naild held her chair for her and then sat himself down after she sat. "This smells great Mom," he said with a big smile.

Morden made a pouty face, "Hey now..I poured the tea...."

Naild rolled his eyes, "Thank you?"

Varen grinned, "We should take a full inventory here so we know what we have," he lifted a brow, "Don't you think?" He watched her, "Of course we could go patrol too. Or we can split duty and one of us can do this and the other patrol. What do you think?"

Nathan assured the queen he was fine now, and much relieved he had his memories and magic restored so he could further protect and help those who needed it. "I've never seen anyone heal as powerful of healers and magic users, since Queen Aura's and your own time... It's really something to watch how much magic they can use... though sometimes Laurana tends to over use her energy and not remember to replenish.. But she's remedied that I think. Caden's helped her a lot." He added, glad things were so calm again

Laurana grinned and thought a moment... "Grilled cheese with ham slices and mustard on both bread slices sounds wonderful... and plenty of fries..." She added as she sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "We should go check on Rebecca- do you think she's still here?" Laurana asked a bit worried. Rebecca shouldn't be alone in a palace where her mother was just murdered along with Andrew; but maybe she was with Niald and Serena and Morden... that would be a good thing for her.

Rebecca smiled at Morden, Niald and Serena, taking her seat gracefully. "This all looks delicious. I think I'd like to learn how to cook a bit more." She added, having wanted to a long while, but the only thing she'd been allowed near, were those dreadful potions of her mothers. That certainly didn't count as experience.

Jasmine thought a moment, and decided Varen was right... but the splitting up idea she did not like! "We should take inventory first, and then both of us go patrolling..." She decided smiling.

Hellena smiled at Nathan, "And you have Sovalna now as well it seems." she grinned eyeing the two. "Youa re a good match, though I would never have thought to attempt it." She took a bite of the pie and smiled brightly, "OH FABULOUS!" she beamed as she chewed and swallowed and then immediately took another bite. "You remember I am sure...my many matchmaking attempts for various victims."

Alna snorted, "Victims is a good description Dowager." She said with a chuckle and smile, "I remember being the victim of one such attempt. It did not go well...at all."

Hellena huffed, "You were uncooperative, in every way. Herold was a perfectly fine man."

Alna rolled her eyes, "I may have been blind at the time, but he was large of nose, small of brain and extremely pushy."

Hellena snorted a bit of pie with that comment, "He was rather gifted in the nasal department, but I did not know he was pushy. I hope he did not accost your person."

Alna shook her head, "He did try, but I reminded him that I could curse him from afar, which he believed. He soon after excused himself. No harm done. I am very content with my life now. Nathan has been very good to me, especially when I could not see. Now that I can...I know how lucky I am to have such a handsome man in my life."

Caden listened and felt his stomach turn but he magically created what she wanted and grabbed the bedtray from under the bed and flipped up the legs to make a small table above her legs and set the plate laden with fries and the requested sandwich upon it. "What would you like to drink?"

Morden smiled, "Serena is a very good cook," he said kissing her forehead as he held her chair until she sat and then took his place next to her, "I'm sure she'd love to help you learn...wouldn't you Love?"

Niald smiled at Rebecca, "I love my mom's cooking. Can you teach her mom? That I will love my wife's cooking too."

Varen nodded. He hadn't actually liked the idea of them separating either, but he didn't want to sound as if he was making her continue in his company if she didn't wish to. He grabbed a clipboard from the desk near the war table and then went into the armory. "Shall we start with the left wall?" he asked, "You describe the items and count and I will make the entries."

Nathan certainly didn't like that Alna was nearly attacked by that oaf Herold one bit! But he knew it was in the past; just as well- if the man was still alive though, he'd not hesitate to punch him out for old times sake. He let the women banter, glad Alna was having fun, as the queen seemed to do as well. All three of them had apparently lost track of the time.

"Just cold milk please. I'm supposed to avoid sodas for a little while." She admitted sheepishly, but ate her grilled cheese and fries gladly. She'd been hungrier than she realized!

"Absolutely. If you'd like to come over every weekend, I'm sure we can start with the easy recipes and work our way up." Serena agreed as she helped everyone get as much of the food that they wanted. Rebecca was impressed- Serena sure did know about seasonings! "Thank you all of this is wonderful, and yes, I would like to learn as much as I can." She agreed. Her eyes were going distant though- she felt a lightness in her mind... either a vision was going to hit, or hopefully...she was just getting tired. She smiled at Niald and the others, enjoying the meal.

Jasmine nodded, relieved they weren't splitting up, and went ahead to the left wall, taking detailed notes of everything she saw, noting what was needing replaced, and what might need repairs.

Hellena had not lost track of time, but she was enjoying their visit a great deal, and since they had not mentioned leaving, neither did she. She did feel a bit selfish, but she had been alone a very long time and was allowing herself the indulgence. "So tell me...how does the palace fare?" she asked, "I could do nothing but maintain this room, has it suffered much damage?"

Alna finished her piece of pie and smiled and shook her head, "It looks as I remember it....from before I lost my vision." she said, "But then...it could be I am so happy to see anything that I am overlooking things."

Caden poured ehr a large glass of milk and then sat down next to her and ate one of her burger concoctions. "These grow on you." he said a bit sheepishly.

Niald smiled at his mother. He was so glad she would be helping Rebecca. Not just so he'd have good food when he got married but so Rebecca could have another friend to talk to and confide in. She'd never had a real mother, and he wanted her to know what that felt like, so she would feel confident one day when they had children. He saw her looking a bit distracted and tipped his head, "Are you ok?" he asked, "It's getting late. Maybe you are tired?" he asked, "I can walk you back now if you like."

Varen made careful notes in perfect penmanship in the journal he was creating. He had columns and rows and in each he had a category of weapon or armor, how many usable pieces and how many reparable and now many destroyed for each item. With the two of them working together it was only an hour and a half before they finished inventorying the room totally. "Well that was painless." he said making the last notation. "Now we need to find an armorer, a fletcher, and a blacksmith. Maybe we will have to send out a notice of some sort. These things will not get fixed without someone paying them constant attention. It should not be something Laurana and Caden feel as though they must constantly fix magically. There surely must be people among the fae that have this talent, or possible in the orc village. I will ask Caden upon next seeing him...at any rate...shall we begin to patrol? We will need to keep in mind how to rotate the motions of the guards and where they will need to be stationed as we move about the palace."

Nathan smiled at the question. "It is .. much improved, since Laurana and Caden took over. At first it seemed beyond disrepair; but Laurana has a way of modernizing every room and hallway without much effort- she does take into consideration now that a lot of fae simply don't know her kind of modern-technology; but she has made each house a perfectly livable place; and she has a fine eye for art and decoration." He found himself admitting, taking a bagel with cream cheese for himself.

Laurana laughed as she finished her own meal, magically washing and putting the dishes away when she was finished. "When I lived on Earth, I'd often go to a fast food restarauant called McDonald's.... they had the best Big Mac and Fries... and their coffee drinks... simply heaven." She reminisced briefly, but still found this world- even with all of its dangers- far, far more preferable than the violent, hate-torn one she'd left behind.

Niald's question made Rebecca ashamed that she'd spaced out. "Oh, sorry- yes I'm fine... I should probably head back soon though- I'm sure Laurana and Caden are awake by now... but the meal was fabulous, and I hope you teach me a basic recipe soon, Serena, and thank you all for having me here." She was almost sure now, a vision was going to hit her- and she did not want to convulse or seizure in front of these nice people again!

Jasmine also made a specified chart-diagram, complete with rather accurate, very detailed drawings of the items on display. "Very painless, almost fun even... I can't believe how ancient some of these weapons are, and the armor.... I wonder just how old this palace is and how many Queens have lived here...sorry... I like history." She explained, realizing she'd trailed off. "I agree we should get more help at the palace too... perhaps some maids, servants and chefs? It's unbelievable how much magic Caden and Laurana have poured into this place; why not save some of that energy into protecting their people and letting Laurana focus on having her baby? I'm all for sending out notices.... we need to make a list though, of what kind of help and how much they should be paid." She finished, writing down a few more notes on her page.

Hellena smiled, "Glad to see something of me passed along the lines, then."

Alna grinned, "Oh more than design sense, Dowager," she assured her, "Stubbornness, reckless abandon and I am sure that matchmaking gene as well, given half the chance to exercise it."

Smiling a soft sideways smile at her, "I am very glad you came here with me, and trusted me." He had been humbled at the time and was still. He was smart enough to realize he did not deserve to have her in his life, but he was not about to give her up either. "Shall we go and see how Rebecca is? And what Varen and Jasmine are up to?" he asked, "I have a feeling they are still wandering about...not sure why...but I just have this ....feeling..."

Morden smiled, "I feel pretty sure, we will have the pleasure of your company often." His gaze wandered to Naild who was fixated on Rebecca, and totally unaware of his inspection. The boy was very much in love, and it was both endearing and worrisome to him. He had no idea how these two were going to manage to keep apart until they were of age. He was going to have to make sure they had a bit of time apart as well. Naild needed a trade, or apprenticeship of some kind to devote time to and distract him from Rebecca a bit. He's speak to Serena about it later.

Naild stood and held her chair, "I'll see you home then." They walked to the palace with her hand hooked through his offered elbow, as he'd seen other gentlemen do for ladies. "I am sorry to say this, but I am very glad your mother is dead. I know you are really safe now." He looked up at the palace as they neared, "Caden and the Queen will never let anything harm you."

Varen nodded adding her drawing and notes to the file he was creating. "Quite enjoyable," he said, "But I believe that had much to do with the company." He motioned to the door. "Shall we map out guard paths?" he tipped his head a bit at her other suggestions, "That all seems wise, maybe you should suggest that to the Queen. She may not want staff, but I dare say she needs them regardless." They stepped out into the hallway and started toward the main hall and saw two figures approaching. "And here is your opportunity."

Nathan smiled at Alna's question and nodded. Yes, it was probably time for them to get back to the others, though he was loathe to leave Queen Hellena alone.... "You're right, Alna, we should check on everyone. It's been a while...and we need to rest eventually... Queen Hellena, it has been an absolute pleasure visiting you today, and we promise, we'll visit, and encourage others to come down here as well. Will you need anything before we go?" He asked gallantly as he helped Alna to her feet.

Serena's thoughts were also on Niald's attachment and endearing form of love-worship. She too, knew how love could cause things to happen, and well, the two were just so young! Rebecca had endured such cruelty at the hands of her own mother; with no one to defend her until very recently- she wasn't the only one who was glad Sheena was gone. Rebecca smiled at Niald and thanked Morden and Serena for their hospitality, as Niald walked her to the front door. "Your home is lovely, and I had a wonderful time. I promise to visit as much as possible-- with both your permission, and Laurana and Caden's of course." She added, remembering her manners. The walk to the palace was short, but she was deep in thought. "Niald... promise me you won't worry too much about me, okay? Things are going wonderfully now.... but you've still got your life a head of you too. I want you to pick a trade -- anything you want to be good at --do it. I'll support you whole heartedly... I want to learn and educate myself too... I'm so far behind in schooling I feel like an idiot." She confessed, blushing. She remembered all the times her mother told her she was too stupid to even read anything besides her dark art books aloud while her mother had her help with some spell or other....

Jasmine grinned at Varen and trotted casually up to Queen Laurana and Lord Caden.... when they married he'd be king officially, she thought. "Majesties... may I propose an idea?" Then, after bowing politely and receiving favorable permission from Laurana, she explained her and Varen's ideas up to what they just discussed, and also showed the diagram of the armor and weapons that might need worked on and repaired, as well as replenished in greater amounts than what was already there. "I believe it would drain both of you too much to do this alone... and many fae need jobs again, seeing as we've all transitioned into the glenn and are getting their lives together as well...so... what do you both think?" She finished, hoping for a positive reaction.

Laurana looked thoughtful a moment at Jasmine's ideas....then smiled. "It's a very considerate and future-pushing notion... I like it. Jasmine, you and Varen have excellent ideas... Please, feel free to put them in motion as soon as possible.. I'll help with the notices." She added, looking at her husband-to-be.

Hellena shook her head, "No...thank you Nathan. It is kind of you to ask though. I have everything I need here. My magic works very well inside my prison, oddly enough. Except if I try to leave, of cast a spell that would enable me to leave. My captor wanted me to live a very long life alone here."

Alna frowned, "We will begin researching that, and see if we can find a way to release you. Morden and I do not often get along, but we are both dogged when presented with such problems. I am sure the three of us can come up with a solution." There was determination in her eyes as she spoke. She had not asked for a vision in a long time but sometimes a deep desire to solve a problem will result in one. She was hopeful it would now. Even if it was some starting point, a book or a place or maybe even a person. She'd take anything the sight could give her. She was so grateful to still have it...more than grateful actually. She took Nathan's hand and stood, "We will be back, often. Maybe something you remember might help us unravel the spell. But, we will let you rest now. It has indeed been a pleasure to see you again."

Hellena smiled, "And I have no doubt you will be successful. I look forward to seeing you both again. Thank you for coming." She watched them leave and then looked around at her elegantly furnished jail cell and let out a soft sigh. her enemy had indeed chosen her punishment wisely. This was the one thing that she had always feared, and it was now her daily reality. "At least now someone knows I am here."

Morden watched the two leave and he turned to Serena, "So...I think them both need activities apart from one another. They are getting too close too quickly. they are too young....don't you think?"

Naild smiled, "I have been thinking about that." hes aid honestly, "I need to be sure I can support you, and our family. So I know I will need a profession. I could apprentice with Morden and learn to be the next potions master, or another one so he can have a bit of rest from time to time. I also thought I could train to be a warrior, like my father was. I have not decided yet. Maybe I can try both, and see which seems to suit....and which I have the best aptitude for as well." He really was an old soul An old man in a boy's body, but he had plans and they were going to come about, and she was going to be protected forever. "I know you are safe now. I am glad of it. And...you are not stupid. You learned that game very quickly. Your mind is keen and eager for knowledge. You will catch up in no time I am sure."

Caden listened to Jasmine and tipped his head a bit, "Anything to add Varen?"

Varen smiled, "Jasmine covered most of it. We are going to need to repair some of the old armor, so a rune smit would be a good find if anyone has that ability left among you. If not, we can use a blacksmith and see if you could maybe magically imbue the armor, though that tends to last much less time than when they are smithed with runes. I have noticed your numbers are far less than i remembered." His eyes were sorrowful at the statement. "We are going to walk the palace and decide the most effective guard routes and begin training the guards in the morning. We could use a few more though, if we can find them." He knew there were not a lot of people here at the moment, but maybe more would come as time passed. He had not been told that their numbers had been decimated to this by the Douglas, so he thought maybe others would follow.

Caden nodded, "We can only ask, but I don't recall anyone with that talent being among us. We may have to consider asking someone from another race to join us here, until we are able to replenish our numbers. This is all that remains of the white fae."

Varen looked stricken at the knowledge. "I had...no idea." he bowed his head as if mourning silently, "Forgive me. I did not mean to make impossible demands."

Caden placed a hand on Varen's shoulder, "NO need to apologize," he said earnestly giving that shoulder a manly squeeze, "We knew there would be much rebuilding and that it would take time to grow our numbers once more. "We probably should have Morden create some potency potions for people so that babies would be ...springing forth everywhere. I do believe Morden knows some people outside the fae community, perhaps he can give aid in this as well. We will consult him in the morning. In the meantime, I agree with Laurana...all of these ideas are quite needed and helpful. There is no need for us to magically do what people possess talents for, especially cooking and such. It is an unnecessary expenditure of energy, and deprives us of the joy of the aroma of cooking food, and baked bread. I do miss that. Nathan had his ovens going all the time, and the most amazing aromas filled our caves. It was one of the things that made life in the caves bearable."

Varen smiled, "Those were totally Jasmine's thoughts. Mine tend to run to defense and protection."

Nathan agreed, then promised to send more visitors to Hellena frequently. She was such a lonely woman his heart went to her, and although they promised to find a way to free the queen, he wondered how it would happen. "Come Alna, we should get home ourselves." He bowed to Queen Hellena, then took Alnas elbow gently. "We'll visit again soon." He promised with an encouraging smile. Once they'd walked out and began heading home, he kept thinking about how miserable it would be to be locked and isolated for so many years.

Serena had the house spotless and all leftovers in tupaware containers in the fridge. She was enjoying a glass of tea, talking with Morden. "I'm sure they'll both find trades and skills that are right for them...and even if they're apart, learning new things for a bit, they'll come back stronger for it. I wonder what profession Niald will want." She mused.

Rebecca blushed at Nialds compliments. "I want to help as well. I'll learn to deal with these visions, and try new skills. I've learned all I can about sewing, stitching, and making clothes.....I want to sew a very pretty dress, and embroider it with jewels....sorry....one of my girly confessions...." she grinned.

Laurana listened to all Jasmines ideas and was impressed. "I am glad you're both so fast thinking. I was wondering too, how much magic id have to pour out, as well as Caden....with all that's happening, we will need lots of reliable help...I think Morden and Caden are going to be very helpful in deciding the right people for the jobs." She agreed. "As for more of us....well definitely check with Morden on some ways to help our number increase...."

Jasmine was glad her words had been received this well. And that Varen was here to give encouragement. She planned to ask a few guards who would be best for these tasks.

Hellena watched them leave and smiled all the while until they were gone and then her walls seemed to crush her. She had been forced to endure this isolation for many years, and it had indeed stolen a bit of her sanity and resolve. Once she was free, she planned to have revenge. She was unaware that the one who had imprisoned her was dead, but even so she would find someone to punish.

Alna walked with Nathan and allowed her eyes to take in the beauty of the glen. She'd forgotten just how lovely and vibrant it was. "I do not remember green being this beautiful..." She said softly. They entered their home once more and she looked up at him, "Will you be horribly upset with me if I say now that I much prefer the baked goods you make by hand, to the ones your magic created?"

Naild smiled, "If you enjoy sewing then maybe that can be something you can do in the future?" he commented, "Women and men will always need clothing. I bet even the queen would love to wear something pretty and beaded. You should make her one to match. Since she is your mother now. I bet she would love it, and probably even cry." He gave her hand a squeeze, "I know you will learn to control everything, and harness it for the good of all Fae, just as Sovalna has done. I know you will. I believe in you." He drew in a deep breath, "I like to make things with my hands...maybe I can learn to be a smith as well as a soldier like my father. I think I will ask Morden where I might be most needed, because we are so few in number now...everyone needs to be useful."

Varen was mentally counting the number of Fae he had seen since they had arrived back in the Glen. He was sure there could not be more than thirty in total. That was not good. "Perhaps there are other enchanted creatures that would appreciate the safety of the Glen." He was thinking aloud, but he thought perhaps there might be some. "The Humans are encroaching on much of the mystical lands, and forcing entire populations to relocate. If they would submit to your rule, I think it would be a helpful thing while your numbers have time to increase on their own."

Caden smiled at Laurana, "The few guards we have will have to do for the moment. They will be much better once they are trained by the two of you." He slipped his arm around Laurana's waist. "I am told I am Elven Royalty. Perhaps they would be willing to enter since I am here. Are there any more of your kind, Varen?" he asked, "They would be welcome as well....wouldn't they?" he asked turning to Laurana. he did not want to usurp her authority. he was not king, not yet anyway.

Varen sighed, "Unfortunately no, But perhaps Jasmine has family yet?"

Nathan left with Alna, escorting her safely all the way back to their house; once inside he grinned. "No offense taken, really. I can probably work on that- but I didn't want Queen Hellena to be without necessities." He added. He took a long hot shower then, scrubbing himself clean with irish spring soap/ shampoo. When he left the hot spray, he changed into a silk blue shirt with blue jeans. He left his feet only in clean socks, and kissed Alna on the top of her head. "Is there anything you'd like for me to bake right now?" He asked her.

"I'll certainly practice tonight, Niald.... but first I need to go see Laurana and Caden, just to make sure they know I'm here." She added. It was time to part, but only for now. She hugged him. "I want you to practice your powers, Niald... just as I'll have to practice mine.... but I hope we can spend more time together this weekend." She added, uncertain what her newest routine would be like. Later that night, after she'd seen Laurana and Caden, she went into her room as it was almost time for bed. But instead of getting ready for sleep, she took an empty sketch pad, several coloring pencils, and began to draw... There were soon dark trees, a huge, terrifying swamp, dead leaves, lots of grey-black clouds, and creepy looking skeleton bodies everywhere.... She felt dizzy as she drew... but couldn't stop until it was finished.~

Jasmine smiled at Rebecca as she reported to her new parents; liking how improved the girl was already in such a short time of being here, then, when Rebecca was hugged goodnight, she listened to the question... "My entire family was slaughtered, I'm afraid... I'm the only survivor of my kyn." She explained, hiding any emotions.

Laurana smiled at Caden. "I doubt they'd have much of a problem, we should just ask in advance. I'm sorry, Jasmine; for your family and the great loss..." She added, holding Caden's hand tightly.

Alna smiled when he kissed the top of her head, "Honestly?" she asked peeking up at him, "I miss the smell of your bread baking. It was one of those little joys that I always looked forward to every day. Partly because it was a reliable thing, that reminded me another day had come....and partly because I knew you would bring some and sit with me a while."

Naild looked at her sideways a bit, "I do not believe I possess any special powers Rebecca. I am just an ordinary person. But I promise I will learn a skill and be able to provide a good life for you and our children." He hugged her close and left her at the palace and went home. Once there he found his parents in the kitchen, "Morden...I need to find a skill that will benefit the community. What should i learn?" he was so serious and purposeful. He felt the need to become worthy of his Rebecca, and he was determined to do so.

Varen frowned and shook his head, "I am sorry as well, I had no idea. Forgive me for dredging up such painful memories." He turned back to the royal couple, "So perhaps our best option might lie in the Elvin population, or perhaps in enlisting a few of the Orcs from the cave people?"

Caden lifted a thoughtful brow, "The orcs...that is a good idea. They are already enamored with Laurana, and I feel very sure some of them would like to work here in the castle. They may even have a smith among them who can train one of us in the craft, or be willing to work with us. Once we have everything in good working order here I will speak with Morden about where he believes my people might reside. I can only offer the option, not make them follow. Even a few bodies will help our efforts to rebuild though."

Nathan grinned. "Honestly, I miss making good business with the bakery as well... I need to set up my shop again. So I'll be busy with that as well. Hopefully you can help me, I'll teach you all the new skills you need." He added, then wandered to the kitchen again, checking on the cookies and pastries he was starting. He liked being busy, it helped fill up the time and made him feel useful.

Rebecca continued drawing all night- she didn't even sleep! She had a bad feeling growing in her heart the more she drew- deeper swamps, shadowed forests, and glowing eyes with too many sharp teeth. She colored mostly with gray and black; occasionally a sickly green or red.... what was she seeing? Why couldn't she stop.. .she shrugged, even though dawn was fast approaching and she hadn't slept at all...

Jasmine shook her head and pushed back the memories. "It happened years ago....I'm fine.." She lied. Laurana listened to the advice, nodding. "I think it's a good idea... let's enlist the elves and orcs... we could bring more unity in the Glenn this way as well." She agreed. "I will speak to the orcs this week." She added.

Alna followed him into the kitchen, "I would love to help you," she replied honestly, "Since the young miss is a seer as well, I will not be needed as I once was by the royal family and be in need of other activities to occupy my time. Once her training is complete, I will be yours to train and we can have this be our family business here." She moved to his side, "You do realize how vital a part you were in keeping our people's spirits alive during our long years in the caves...don't you?"

Morden looked at Naild and tipped his head, "Well, there are many things now. We are rather low in number. We will need a smith, a farmer, a stone mason, and many other things. What do you enjoy doing?" he asked, "Since there are so many choices now, it may as well be something that you enjoy."

Naild sat in a chair and folded his hands before him on the table and stared at them for a good long while, obviously giving the question the serious attention it demanded. "Honestly I do enjoy making things with my hands, even sculpting. But I believe we will be much better served if I learned smithing...I cannot imagine I would do well as a farmer. I do not seem to have that knack, though I have tried."

Varen nodded, "We can go together. They have a fairly large colony in the mountain, perhaps some of them would not mind living among us to avoid the long travel."

Caden nodded, "It appeared that they did, the one time i was there. If they do not wish it, or cannot for whatever reason, then perhaps they would allow someone of our people to learn their trades among them. either way would serve its purpose. We need a smith and stone workers, and many other skilled positions that have been decimated among us."

"I'm curious about Rebecca's seeing ability... will it be as overwhelming as yours? Or will there be other abilities besides seeing? I guess we'll have to wait to find out..." He added, not wanting to insert the pun, "wait and see".... though he was tempted, as a funny joke. "I'd love your help, Alna, I'll help you with the basics, and then from there I'm sure you'll get better with each baking lesson, though you were just as good at cooking when you were blind." He smiled at her encouragingly as he made mixtures and batters of muffins, cookies, and brownies. "As for being a vital part... I don't know... I just did what I could, but thanks... I'm glad you think so." He added solemnly.

Serena thought a little more on the whole job situation as well. "We have lots of time, Niald, to let you pick and choose what profession you're most interested,...and if one doesn't suit you, there's plenty more to try. Don't be scared or worried about mistakes; almost everything in life is based on trial and error. I'm sure you'll pick the best job for yourself. But don't rush into adulthood either... I know seeing Rebecca tortured has aged you overnight....but she needs a childhood as well, and we're hoping you can also help with that..you know how serious she can be. She probably needs lots of time to forget the damage that she's endured too." She added with a smile. Her son was growing up so fast...! how she wished she could slow down time...even just a few seconds...

Jasmine nodded in agreement. "We can ask some of the guards as we train them tomorrow morning, for more information if they know anything in who could be most useful." She added. Laurana agreed, everything was working out smoothly for once, and she wasn't about to push anything that might make things difficult!