Andrew noted that Laurana moved to Caden's side but he had to believe that was because she did not know him and was perhaps surprised by his sudden appearance. He could not fault her caution. He turned to Sheena and winged a brow and magic flared up and the woman in question was now suspended in mid air and completely unable to move in any way. His gaze moved to Nathan, "I remember you Nathan," he said, "It is good to see you," he said honestly, "I had heard that you had been taken by the Douglas. My men and I searched for you for many weeks. I am sorry we did not find you." He bowed then and put a fist to his chest, "Only the bravest of us survived an encounter with the Douglas, you have my admiration and respect." He looked at Laurana then, "Have no others of my clan returned?' he asked her, "Surely I am not alone in answering the summons."

Caden cupped Laurana's elbow with his hand when she came near, to offer support. He felt woefully inadequate at the moment and though his normal stance and bravado masked it, it was assaulting him like a mighty army within himself. "We have seen no others of the Clan Kendrick, King Andrew, but the summon is still fresh, and many need time to put things in order before heeding the call."

Varen watched the woman be held in mid air as if she weighed nothing whatever, and then the king went on to chat as if nothing were happening of note. It shocked him a bit, but he did not speak. This was a matter for the fae to sort out among themselves. He was curious to know the outcome however, so he stood and watched stoically.

Morden sat with her a long while, until it was actually time to make lunch and feed the lot of them, "Shall we prepare something for lunch?" he asked, "I'm sure Niald is going to be hungry....and we probably shouldn't let his sleep too long or he will not sleep well when night comes."

Sheena let out a long, foul string of curses as she was held, bound in mid air by this new fae king! She hated all of them, she wished the whole clan of them would die!

Laurana grinned at Lord Andrew as he held Sheena captive, she really did need to figure out what to do with Sheena! The woman was becoming a really big headache! She smiled at Caden, then looked to him for advice. "Should we imprison Sheena in a dungeon at the palace....or what?" She asked. She looked to Andrew as well, hoping for answers. She really didn't want to make a rash judgement!

Nathan nodded at Andrew, and managed a smile. "Thank you, Lord Andrew...many lives were lost to that horrid man. It was Queen Laurana and Caden who managed to kill him." He acknowledged.

Serena stood slowly, kissing Morden gently as she walked over to Nialds room, knocking gently. "Niald, is there anything for lunch you'd like today?" She asked. She hoped he was alright.

King Andrew looked up at the woman and tsked her, "That is not very becoming of a lady of the fae," eh said with censure in his tone and look. He looked back at Caden and nodded, "I suppose that is true, I was free to answer with relative speed though not immediately. he'd been enjoying the company of a lovely lady when the actual call came, and he hadn't seen the need to curtail his pleasure. Now, had he realized it was the daughter who'd placed the call and not the Queen Mother, he might have thrown the woman off without a second thought. Ah well, what was done was done. he was sure the Heir would see they were destined to unite the clans and rule together. His parents had always told him it would be so, once both of them were of an age. He had no reason to question their wisdom now.

Laurana spoke and he lifted a brow at her consulting Caden. That was interesting. Perhaps he was captain of the guard now. "Seeing as she is not even remotely repentant," he said as he smiled at Laurana, "I would suggest making a swift example of her might be the order of the day."

Caden listened, and he could see the wheels turning in the king's mind. He already felt he had a claim to Laurana, and had he arrived before they had joined themselves together and created a child, he would have been able to lay hold to that claim. Now however, things were different. He reminded himself that Laurana carried his child within her, and that they had already sworn their mutual love for one another. He dearly hoped that would hold fast and true in the face of this white king. "She does not appear to be sorry for her actions," he agreed, "But imprisonment as she had imprisoned her daughter would be fitting punishment. Perhaps in time she will see the cruelty of her actions and change her ways."

Andrew looked over at Nathan then, "Did they really?' he asked watching the body language between the two more closely. perhaps he would ahve competition after all for the hand of the lovely Queen. "Congratulations on bringing our mutual enemy to an end. I know the Clan Kendrick will be much relieved."

Varen listened and stood his ground. he was not at all certain he trusted this King Andrew, even though his words and deeds seemed to be honorable, there was something lacking. He did not seem sincere or genuine in some way. Time would tell if his judgment was true or not, but he generally trusted his gut.

Naild heard his mother call and went to open the door, "Whatever you prepare will be fine Mother," he said, "I am fine...and rested." He followed her to the kitchen and sat down. "May I do check on Rebecca after lunch?" he asked.

Morden smiled, "Already?' he asked, "You are not worried she will feel smothered?' he asked, "Maybe you should let her get used to her home?"

Naild shook his head, "I think she needs to know I will not forget about her. I am not worried about smothering her. She has been hurt and I do not want to hurt her by staying away."

Laurana agreed, and teleported Sheena to the cold dungeons in the underground part of the palace. The woman would soon find herself in a small cell, in a ddungeon like environment. There were few windows, and only a bed in the cell. A guard was down there, standing at the top of the stairs to ensure no one would free Sheena without Laurana or Cadens say so, and it would be he, Nareth, who would deliver the meals to the prisoner, so the queen wouldn't endanger herself. As Laurana finished everything that needed to be done, then politely thanked everyone for helping. She needed to get back to the palace with Caden....being around Andrew was oddly affecting her....why was her alertness so high right then? She wondered too, why her heart started thudding almost painfully. Her head felt light, as if dizzy. What was going on?

Jasmine stayed next to Varen and Nathan. The two men certainly looked anxious, as they watched the interaction between Laurana and the fae king. Was it just her keen centaur senses, or was the queen turning white as a sheet? "I suppose we can all head back home now? Unless we want to stay and check to make sure there are really no more surprises." She suggested. Nathan shrugged, having only a few bruises on him. "I think Caden and Laurana took care of everything rather well. I'm going home, I don't like leaving Alna alone too long." He gave a polite nod, before hurrying to his and Alnas home.
Jasmine however, felt restless still. "Varen? Do you know of a good lake near here?" She asked, smiling.

Nialds words made Serena smile. "Well alright, son. I don't blame you for worrying. Let's have lunch and then you can go see her." Serena agreed, squeezing Mordens hand as she finished cooking grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, and green beans.Next she made pitchers of sweet tea, then set everything on the table, arranging the freshly gathered pink and yellow roses on the table. Once everything was finished, she brought out the food for Niald and Morden first, herself last, seating herself next to Morden, she waited for Niald to join them.

Rebecca had read at least twelve novels while Laurana and Caden were out defeating monsters and imprisoning her terrible mother. Honestly, if Rebecca never saw Sheena again, shed probably be alright sooner or later. She hoped Niald would come visit her soon....there were lots of places shed love to explore with him!

Caden was pleased when Laurana took his advice over King Andrew's and though he felt proud, he did not show it outwardly. He could feel the physical changes in Laurana and he frowned, "If you will excuse us," he said to Andrew, "The Queen needs to rest now." With that he aparated them tot eh castle main hall and then scooped her up and carried her to their bedroom. He kissed her temple and laid her gently on the bed, "You handled all of the very well." he said as he sat next to her, "I am very proud of you."

Andrew watched them shift away and his brow furrowed for a second but then he nodded to Nathan and the others. "It would seem I am in need of housing," he said absently, "Are there domiciles available?" he asked.

Varen spoke, "There are several empty as of yet. They have been all cleared of former animal inhabitants and furnished by the Queen. I am sure you may have your choice of them." He looked over at Jasmine, "have you only just arrived here?' he asked but then furrowed his brow, "Forgive me. I do know of a lake. If you would follow me.." he said and nodded to Nathan as he returned to his lady.

Alna was finishing up the pies and smiling at the aroma in their home. She heard the door and called out, "I'm in the kitchen." she said and her voice sounded different, younger, happier. "I hope you're hungry...I'm afraid I ahve been cooking everything my grandma used to make for me in this kitchen...memories...so many memories.."

Niald sat down and smiled, "Thank you Mother, Morden," he said, "For understanding how much she needs me right now. I cannot abandon her now. It would be very cruel." he turned his attention to his lunch and ate not too fast, but he did not dally at it either.

Morden smiled at the boy, "She is lucky to have someone who cares. You will make a good husband one day."

Niald looked up at Morden, "I hope so," he said, "I can see mother is very happy. I believe I will need some guidance, and education on how to be a good husband. if you would teach me."

Morden was shocked at the request but he was happy as well, "I would be honored to teach you, and help you. But I think you already know the most important thing. That is how to love unconditionally."

Naild tipped his head, "I do love her. What she needs is more important thatn anything I could need, because I ahve been blessed to ahve a good mother...and now a father again. it's easy to put her first."

Morden smiled, "that's not easy for everyone. it wasn't easy for her mother... You are a special young man. She will be happy."

Naild smiled too and then stood, "I will eat dinner with Rebecca, and be back before dark." he announced, "Thank you for letting me have this time." And with that he left the house and went to the palace. He stepped up to the gate and was surprised to see a guard there. He lifted his eyes, "I would like to see Rebecca please."

The guard, Breen, looked at the boy and nodded, "If you would follow me," he said and led him into the main foyer of the palace. "Wait here please," the guard said and then tapped on the rooms where the young lady was passing her time. "Master Niald to see you Miss."

Laurana smiled at Caden as he carried her to the palace. She immediately stopped feeling chest pain once they were away from Andrew, though the dizzying fatigue remained. "Thanks, Caden..I think I need
a little nap. Sleep sounds great....I think Rebecca will be fine a while yet, she reads very fast, and extremely ling books don't slow her down....perhaps we can find a tutor for the few children we have. Id like to work on the education system." She said, stretching out before curling up around him. She didn't intend to rest long, just an hour maybe, bit Caden had been busy as well, destroying monsters for days!

Serena let Niald leave to visit Rebecca, her heart full of pride at how brave and sweet he was turning out to be! She sat next to Morden when everything had been cleaned and put away properly. "I'd say Niald certainly likes you, Morden....other men I've dated.....well.....there was one he'd pushed against the wall, holding him at dagger point, before tossing him out of our place...he's never really asked other men, besides Caden, a few times, for advice. I'm glad he's accepting you." she said in relief. Her son, who had protected her as young as 4 years old, was relaxing a little. Serena had plenty to be thankful for.

Jasmine smiled, before gesturing to a lone gold colored house, a bit larger than most others, and apart by a good few feet from the rest. She nodded politely to Lord Andrew...."As a royal person like yourself, I think that gold house would be very comfortable. And feel free to furnish it however youd like.I must go now, I'm looking forward to exploring.Good day, your highness." Jasmine said pleasantly. She trotted off beside Varen, hoping they'd have time to get to know eachother.

Rebecca glanced up, startled from her reading. Shed been idly working on her math, catching up now that mother couldn't scold her for trying to educate herself as there werent any teachers or schools. Sheena had always scoffed at her, saying she was going to marry a rich fae nobleman, and be a good housewife. Education was unnecessary for her, and anyway, Rebecca was too stupid to go to any school. The girl sorely wished to prove Sheena wrong! As soon as she saw Niald however, she left the table and hurried over to hug him. "Hi, Niald....I'm okay now, I promise...Caden and Laurana are wonderful. I have my own room, and this palace is huge..." She smiled a bit shyly. Hesitant to ask him her question. But a moment later, she gathered her courage. "Niald....would you like to explore this place with me?"

Nathan grinned, helping Alna finish her baking spree in the kitchen. "There's enough here to feed an army, sweetheart. Let me shower and change. Then ill help set the table. All our monster problems are gone. Thanks to Laurana, Caden...and the return of Lord Andrew." He added. He was worried about that.....Caden didnt like the fae king, and Nathan couldn't blame him. Andrew was trying very hard, to flirt with the queen! Nathan hugged Alna tightly, kissing her lips softly. it was good to be home.

Caden nodded, "Yes you do," hes aid as he laid her on the bed and took off her boots and rubbed her feet. "You need a day of pampering and relaxation. nothing needs tending to that it urgent now." He tipped his head at her, "So what do you think of the White King?' he asked, "If your mother were still alive, he would likely be your future husband, and no one would ahve been shocked." He knew that was true. If Aura were still alive she would be counseling Laurana to wed Andrew, and unite all the White realm once more. The very thought of it made his heart slam against his chest in pain.

Morden smiled and drew in a deep satisfied breath, "I am too," he said honestly, "It would ahve pained me if he'd not be happy for us. I raised Caden and I think he became a fine, though somewhat stubborn man. I'm proud of what he's made of himself. I can see Naild will we a fine man as well." He reached for Serena's hand and lifted her fingers to his lips, "You ahve done a good job alone. I am very glad to be here to support and help you now."

Varen waited for jasmine to join him and then he led her on the most direct path to the lake. Once they arrived he turned to look at her, "I am puzzled," he said honestly, "I have been here for a very long time, and I have never seen another centaur...how did you come to find the Glen? It is well hidden from the outside world..."

Naild waited where he was told and caught Rebecca when she flew at him for a hug. He held her and hugged her back and then set her down when he noticed the guard giving him the eye. "I am so glad to hear it!' he said as he gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "I would be pleased and happy to explore with you." he said and then looked up at the guard, "If that is allowable...that is."

Breen lifted a brow, "The Princess is able to roam the halls as she sees fit," he affirmed, "But you boy...know that there are guards scattered throughout the castle, if you make one ungentlemanly move, you will be cast out."

Naild nodded, "And I would deserve no less," he said with a bow.

Breen stifled a grin, "I will leave you two to the halls then," he said and returned to the gate with a huff of laughter tickling his lips.

Naild turned to Rebecca, "So where would you like to go first?'

Alna smiled, "You smell manly and virile," she grinned as she kissed him back, "I will appreciate the shower and freshness afterward just as much though. And I know...I cannot help myself. I feel so at home here. I am glad we have this house. I feel warmth and family all around me. Thank you ..."

Andrew listened to the centauri woman and looked at the golden house. "I shall heed your advice then, Milady," he said with a bow as she left to join the other centaur. He made his way to the house and entered, casting a lock spell on the door as soon as he passed through so no one but himself could enter or exit. It was a fine place, but it was not a palace. He belonged in the palace. He sat himself on the ample sofa and rested his elbows on his knees. He needed to find a way to charm the daughter of Aura, it was his right and destiny to marry the white queens daughter, and no one was going to deny him his birthright. He would just have to bide his time, and be alert for opportunities to woo and cajole her to his side, and away from the Knight. He was nothing if not a patient man. He had been waiting for 30 years for the child to reappear in the glen. What were a few more days or months?

Laurana felt her own heart flare in similar agony. She didn't think her mother would have forced her to marry Andrew. It didn't matter now however, and she pulled Caden into her arms, kissing his cares away. "No. I've made my choice. I will never leave you, now hush, love. Let us both rest. Well get supper for the kids soon." she told him, smiling a little. She tucked herself in his arms, comfortably.

Her....a princess?? The guard really made her chuckle at such a title. She was never going to be more than a common girl, who
was hated by her mother, abandoned young by her father, and shunned almost as intensely as Serena by most who knew her. She grinned at the guard. "I'll keep Niald in line." she promised. She lead Niald away from the library, following the very quiet halls, until they came to the stairwell, which enchanting as it was in solid gold, encrusted with sapphires and diamonds. But there was a maze up there, and down below them....she knew her mother was jailed, probably for a long time. "Let's see what's up here." She decided after a moment, before headed up the first stair case. She put her finger to her lips, wanting both of them quiet, in case Laurana and Caden were asleep.

Serena was certainly happy to do just that, letting Morden care for her and Niald! Shed helped that independent streak as well, having been independent herself tor so many years. She snuggled with Morden on the couch, everything cleaned, organized, put away, and dusted. Shed tiedied Nialds room, and left a small stick of incense, Sandalwood, to freshen the air. It felt good to relax.

Jasmine flushed at Varens question. "I happened to live in the forest of the mountains on the other side. I was hunting rabbits for supper, when the call rose. Like a hypnotised person, I followed discreetly. I was confused when I landed here, but so far it seems nice." She answered honestly.

Nathan held Alna close, losing all his cares of the day. "I'm glad you're happy here...its a wonderful house. As for the shower...you're right, and I'm going to take one this minute." He grinned, kissing her deeply before going to the bathroom to soak in warm water. He certainly wanted to smell good for his love!

caden kissed ehr and held her close until she drifted off to sleep. His hold on her eased a bit so she could rest comfortably and he lay away lost in thought. Andrew did not seem like a man who would so easily accept defeat or rejection. He did not like the man one bit, remembering his father and mother from long ago. Both arrogant and nothing at all like her mother who had been kind and gentle, though powerful. Andrew's family were elitists, who felt the fae MUST keep to their factions and never intermingle. They had vocally opposed Aura's mating to the Dark Fae king, and had been forced to elave the glen as a result. They vowed revenge and to return to claim the birthright of their son. They may not ahve returned but HE certainly had, and no doubt felt it was Lauraua's obligation to wed him. He needed to talk to Morden about this, but it would ahve to wait until tomorrow. She needed a day of rest and pampering and ever time he left her alone she got into some kind of trouble. He had no intention of leaving ehr side at all today.

Varen listened as she spoke of the call, "Ah the Queens beckoning to the glen," he said with a nod, "You must be very attuned to magic then...to ahve heard it and followed it." He stepped a little ways into the lake, "Was there any reason in particular you were looking for a lake?' he asked, "This one is clear and fresh. Good for drinking and bathing, or just for cooling off."

Naild smiled, "The Queen brought you to the castle as he ward, so you are a princess now." he said and then frowned, "Probably too good for me now," he said and watched her carefully, "Not that you were not high above me before, for I always thought you were. But now...you are possibly out of my reach altogether." He felt a bit of panic at the thought, but he followed as she approached the stairs, "Those," he said pointing down, "Will likely lead to the dungeon. Not a happy place to explore." He was glad she chose to go up. He smiled when she said to be quiet. they were not really making any noise at all, but he nodded. "This is a big palace."

Morden reached for the book that was next to the sofa and began to read and study. He needed to brush up on his knowledge of the glen, so that he could advise the Queen properly. He'd been away a long time, and the mind could become forgetful.

Alna finished up the last of her baking while he showered and was very glad for his presence in her life. It was difficult to even remember living without him, though it was only just a short time ago. How had she ever gone a day without those words of comfort and support in the morning or the warmth of his embrace? She'd been a willfull stupid woman, for far too long. He deserved better and she intended to give him just that...her best.

Laurana unfurled like a wound up knot in Cadens arms. She relaxed enough to sleep through the entire day and night. Shed been more exhausted than shed realized, which worried her a little. She didn't want to push or strain herself too much during pregnancy.

Jasmine smiled at Varen. "Magic, has different kinds of pulls, energy signatures and even different...songs. I guess I grew up sort of close to magic users. I watched them cast spells, usually protection. They didnt live in the cave.... They were kind of anti social. Their magic wasn't really note worthy or anything....but it sounded kind of faint, silvery." she shrugged, unsure he'd understand what she was talking about. Maybe she didn't either. It was complicated.

Being a princess..well she didn't know what that all meant, but shed always liked Niald. She poked him in the shoulder as he began doubting himself. Though watching Laurana as a queen, seeing how serious that young woman had become, well, she just hoped she could handle whatever rules and responsibilities headed her way! She was glad Caden and Laurana were so much kinder than her own mother had been...which gave the girl new trust in them. She gazed at the stairs leading to where Sheena was held. One day soon, shed have to talk to her....she wanted desparately, to know what she did that caused so much rage...but not with Niald....he was likely to punch that woman! For now, she lead him up the stairs as they peeked into every room. A lot were empty, yet fully furnished with expensive looking chairs, fancy wall paintings, or floral arrangements. "I've liked you a long time, Niald. Even when mom wouldn't let me talk to people..I always thought you were brave, taking care of your mom....and looking at people like you wanted to push them off a cliff. For talking about you both, badly....and when Morden showed up, you guys looked a lot calmer....I started hoping my mother would meet some nice guy..but she spent all her time with old hexing and curses books...no one crossed her path." She admitted, as she ffinally found a room of interest. Glass cases mounted every wall, and display cases were arranged on the floor, spaciously. The wall cases were full of weapons: crossbows, throwing stars, dirks, golden and bejeweled swords, daggers, even maces, miniature catapults, guns with silver and copper bullets, and lots of arrows. The floor cases however, held only jewelry. From pendants, pearls, to all sorts of shiny things you'd find at Kays jewelry store. She was instantly attracted to a glittering tear drop sapphire pendant, surrounded by tiny diamonds. No price tags anywhere, which meant this had once belonged to Queen Aura and the king. "Wonder how long all of this has been here." She said.

Thoroughly cleaned, rinsed, and smelling like pine and sage, Nathan dressed in a casual white shirt with black pants and a pair of clean socks. He had to agree with Alnas train of thought. Life without her had been miserable. Living day by day. Hardly caring if he survived the next. With her in his life, everything made sense again, and he would never take for granted, her, or the peace she brought him. He went back to the kitchen to kiss her and see if she needed help.

Caden let her sleep. He did leave the bed temporarily to get dinner for Rebecca and Niald, though he had a devil of a time finding them. He'd asked the guards and one pointed up and he chuckled. Up eh? What were they doing? He found them in the showcase room, where all the history of the White Fae was kept. He could tell they were not aware of his presence yet, but when Rebecca asked her question his voice rose and echoed in the large room, "Twenty-five years. The one next to it has been there for Over 200 years. So...you found the Palace Museum. Having fun exploring? I've been looking for you both, dinner is about to be served. Are you hungry?"

Naild listened to her reassurances and was glad of them, but he still felt a tingle of fear. Hopefully nothing would change though. he intended to marry her one day, that had not changed at all. "Look at all this," he said softly when they entered the room. He was looking at the weapons when she headed for the jewelry. She was looking closely at something so he moved to her side and saw the pretty bauble. he was so startled by Caden's voice that he had jumped in front of Rebecca and had his knife drawn to protect her. Seeing it was Caden he quickly sheathed his knife and was glad the older man hadn't mentioned it. "These belonged to the former queens then," he said with a nod, "I wonder who made them..."

Varen listened as she attempted to explain and just looked very confused, "So you were not with other centaurs either?" he asked as he waded a bit cooling off his legs and hooves. He bent to scoop up a bit and drink it as he moved. He possessed impossible grace and purpose in his manner and movements. He was completely unaware of his beauty from a physical point of view. Those things mattered little to him. he was something of a philosopher and loner, partly of inclination, and partly of life's reality. "Forgive me," he said finally, "I am not entirely sure I understand, but at least you ahve found safe haven and a place to call home."

Alna could smell him long before she felt that kiss, "Oh you smell divine.." she said and returned the kiss. "everything is ready if you could help me get it all to the table. I am famished. I hope you are too. I have no idea how you baked every day and did not turn into a ball of fluff from overeating. I ahve been nibbling all day!"

Laurana slept, but soon enough, nightmares began plaguing her. She kept seeing herself trying to outrun Andrew, but he was always cornering her, trying to take her from Caden....trying to kiss and touch her inaproprietly. The dreams kept getting worse, and she couldn't wake up.

Rebecca jumped slightly as Niald drew his knife! She breathed deeply however, seeing it was only Cadens arrival. Really the guy needed a bell or something. She smiled however, after Niald put the knife away. Wow he had fast reflexes didn't he. In psychological reverse to Nialds doubting of being worthy, really it was herself that he should fund a girl that wasn't such a trouble magnet....or at least had some kind of magic or valuable talent. She mentioned none of these concerns however, and nodded when Caden asked if they were hungry. Her stomach was still getting used to regular meals. "Dinner sounds great, Caden. Where are we eating?" She asked, not used to the palace yet either.

Jasmine shook her head and galloped into the lake, sending water spraying everywhere. In a few seconds she was cooled off. She decided to go further in the lake, letting her own strong legs buyo her in the waters gentle currents. "Nope. There weren't many other centaurs in the other world once my family died." She admitted. Of course, it had been partially her own fault they'd gotten killed. Apparently a centaur with telekenisis, and a gift of controlling the elements of air, fire and water, were a sure way to be a trouble magnet. Now that she was alone, there wasn't anyone to trust, and no one shed ever endanger with her secret. If she had to die fighting her enemy one day, shed go down, hopefully taking him out and still keeping her secrets.

Nathan grinned, kissing Alna again for being so sweet. "Meanwhile I'm famished after being tossed around all day by monsters. I think that pot pie, and those meatloaves look fantastic. I'll clean after ward's, and we can relax all night. Are you tired?" He asked gently, after fixing himself a plate and leading her to the table to eat.

Caden chuckled at the two jumping but was impressed by Naild's quick reflexes. "Why in the dining hall of course," he said with a smile. "If you would both follow me. I imagine it is already prepared." He led them back down the stairs and tot he left down a wide hallway. At the end of which were two huge double doors of beautifully carved mahogany wood. The scene depicted was that of a great battle between Aura and the dark Fae Queen. He pushed them open and a huge table that could likely seat fifty or more people was centered in the room below four chandeliers of great delicacy and beauty each shining with fifty glowing crystals each that gave brilliant light to the cavernous room. He led them to the end of the table and held the end seat for Rebecca, "Princess..." he said with a smile. "And if you will sit there Naild...I will sit here." They were at the one end of the table so that they could eat and speak to one another without shouting.

Naild followed Caden watching and looking about as he went. When they entered the dining hall his eyes widened and he gasped in spite of himself. it was the most beautiful place he'd ever seen. He sat where he was told to sit, though he was a little miffed that Caden held the chair for Rebecca instead of him, but he sat. The food was soon served and it was wonderful, and he was stuffed at the end of the meal. "That was really great!" he said finally, because Caden always made him a bit nervous.

Varen watched her splash her way into the water. He himself barely made even a ripple as he moved gracefully through the water, but he did not berate her, but rather enjoyed her exuberance. "I am sorry about your family. Mine were slain by the great ogre Diames many years ago." He watched ehr and then finally commented, "So what will you do now then?" he asked, "Is there no other family that will miss you?"

Alna frowned, "Thrown around by creatures?' she asked concern etching her face, "Are you well? Do you need a healer? Shall we go find Caden?" she asked suddenly worried and her hands were moving over him trying to assess his condition herself. He was guiding her to the table to eat and she was making a face at him, "Are you well? I refuse to eat until I know.."

Rebecca certainly couldn't hide the awe in her eyes as she walked with Caden and Niald. She sat in her beautiful gold and red chair. Everything was silver, crystal or golden at the table, even the silverware...the meal of roast beef, mashed potatoes, and roasted carrots, had been filling and delicious. But she was curious now, how shed spend her days. "Sir Caden....will I have schooling?" She asked somewhat shyly.

Jasmine felt a slight pang at Varens questions of remaining family. "No...there's no one left but me." She.assured him with a slightly sad smile. She listened as he described his own tragedy and sighed. "I'm sorry for your loss as well. Cruelty comes within every world I suppose." She floated a little longer, before swimming back out of the lake to dry herself in the sun.

Nathan held her gently, shaking his head. "I promise you, I'm well. Nothong more than bruises. I can handle those....." He grinned slightly. "Besides, those two have their hands full: raising a traumatized girl as a princess, plan over protective Niald hoovering over the girl, Lauranas pregnancy.....and let's not forget that fellow, Lord Andrew...who I'm afraid I strongly dislike." Nathan admitted cuddling Alna to assure her.

Caden watched their eyes bug out and it amused him. He remembered the first time he'd seem such a place and his reaction had been about the same. They ate and then Rebecca asked her question, "Have you not had that opportunity?' he asked, shocked that any parent would neglect such a thing. More than shocked actually. "yes you will," he said firmly. If Laurana did not already ahve such plans, she soon would. He could see no reason the children would not be schooled properly. they were safe now and ahd both the space and the means to provide it.

Naild looked at Rebecca when she asked her question. had her mother not allowed her to learn? His hatred for the woman was growing by the moment. "There aren't very many children..." he said honestly, "It wouldn't seem like a big imposition to ... have a small school..." He bit his lip then and waited for any possible scolding or rebuff that might come.

Caden nodded, "No it does not seem it would be. I will speak to the queen about it. I am sure she has already thought of it herself."

Varen bowed slightly. he was only wading and not even in up to his stomach yet. "I am sorry," he said, "I have brought sad memories. It was not my intention." He watched her leave the water. "I think you will find this a good place to live. Now the Fae have returned it will flourish as it once did."

Alna let out a relieved breath when he said it was only bruises and sat down with him to eat. "Andrew has returned?' she asked a frown on her face, "I was hoping he would not answer the call." Her mind was obviously already whirling around. "He is not to be trusted, Nathan. He is grasping and heartless...just like his parents before him. Laurana must be warned of it. But it can wait till the morning. The palace needs a moment of rest." She leaned against him sitting right next to him instead of opposite. "I am so very glad you are safe...I love you."

Lauranas nightmares turned darker, almost as bad as the ones she had when she lived on earth, or when that demon was attacking. Andrew pretty much had control over her in this dream, though she wasn't sure it was him in this reality doing the controlling. Maybe her subconscious was screaming warnings of what might happen if she encountered Andrew again.

Rebeccah blushed. Shed been discouraged from reading, but being surrounded by books all her life, shed done the impossible and taught herself both reading, mathematics, and a little history. All in the late evening hours after gruelling days of chores, locked in her cell like room without much to eat. Shed pushed herself without help from others. Time went by, and by age 5 she could read, write and multiply. "Mother often said, it was useless to teach me anything, since she intended to pass me off in marriage to some nobleman when I turned 14.All she taught me was how to clean, cook, sew, embroider, and take care of her black magic hexes or potions." She refused to admit to anyone yet that she had been experimented on a few times, with different potions, and dark magic. It had been painful. Sometimes, shed been locked away until the side effects wore off. Mostly poison in small doses, but sometimes stronger. She wasn't going to bring up any of that stuff if she didn't have to!

Jasmine shook her head. "Not your fault. A lot has happened in the last few years." she replied, not dwelling on it. She enjoyed the sun on her flank, and she reached upwards, plucking a plum from a low branch. She picked one for Varen, giving him one if he wanted one.

Alnas worry made Nathan smile a bit as he encouraged her to rest beside him. "He may want Laurana all he likes. Getting past Caden is very unlikely, so I don't see her being in immediate danger. We will talk to her tomorrow however if that's what you want." He added, thoughtfully.

Caden let out a soft growl. "Another strike against your mother," he said under his breath. "14 is far too young for marrying, at least in my opinion. I doubt the queen will dictate where you should marry, but I don't believe she will agree to 14 being a proper age for it. In marriage it is best to always marry for love and nothing else. All other things will pass and fade, but love will only grow stronger as you journey through life and face problems together." He looked at the two of them and he felt they'd do well once they were old enough, if their feelings stayed as they were until that time. Sometimes things changed as children aged, time would tell. "I assume you two are going to return to your exploring...but Do not go down to the dungeon." he was looking at Rebecca, "You are not to speak to the prisoner unless I or Laurana are with you. Do you understand?"

Naild listened to Caden and felt he knew what he was talking about. It was obvious the queen loved him and that he loved her as well. He'd ask Morden as well, since he could see the love between him and his mother. He was glad Caden told Rebecca not to go to the dungeon alone. he had a feeling she was going to, and he was afraid for her. He wasn't going to be here all the time to protect her like he wanted, and he didn't want her to try anything crazy when she was alone. He looked at Rebecca then, "I can only stay for two more hours, maybe we can go back to that room and look around more and talk a bit?"

Varen accepted the plum and joined her on the bank lowering himself easily to the ground. "So what did you do in this other place you lived?" he asked, "When the Fae were here before I was a guard and mage for the queen. Somewhat of an adviser. When they left I remained to keep the town as safe as I could on my own. I am not sure at all what capacity this new queen will require my service, but I intend to offer them."

Alna listened and shook her head, "He will use whatever means necessary. I am not sure how far he will go with Caden near, but if Caden is not...I fear what he might try. But as you say. She is safe now, it can wait until the morning. And I have decided...that I will peak to the queen about my sight. Even if I lose my powers, I would rather be able to see you and be a good wife than have these visions."

Rebecca held her breath a long moment, but at the persistent urging of both Caden and Niald, she agreed. She was probably being stupid or some fatal, idiotic hope lived in her that perhaps, Sheena regretted what she did now. But Caden would soon be busy with Laurana, and how distracted adults could get! Niald would have to go home soon as well, knowing Serena and Morden would both worry. "I certainly didn't want to marry young either. I'm glad I have that choice. And I won't see mother by myself....I know what she's capable of." Rebecca added taking another sip of water. But here uncertainty dwelled in her young heart...... Shed always longed for her mother to love her, the way Niald was loved by Serena. The family bonding moments had never happened, and looked like they never could. She smiled faintly at Niald, "Yes, I'd like to explore the room again....may we explore a little, Sir Caden? We won't touch anything." She added hopefully.

Jasmine finished her plum and watched Varen eat his. "Mostly hunted, gathered for winter, and stayed away from most people. I suppose the palace is rather unguarded at this time. Think their majesties would hire me on as well? I could use the work." She said.

Nathan finished his meal and looked at Alna in concern. Andrew sounded like he should be closely watched at all times. He didn't like leaving Laurana unguarded.....why did he have that feeling something was going on right now? he cleaned up the kitchen and helped Alna to their bedroom. "tomorrow well go first thing in the morning."

Caden nodded, "Good," he said, "See that you remember. She is dangerous." He nodded to her comment about not wanting to marry so young, "I don't think anyone that age is ready for such a thing. But d not worry over it. No one will force you to marry before you are ready." he wasn't kidding about that either. He thought pushing children off for gain or to be rid of them was a horrid thing. "You may explore the room. I don't believe you could harm anything even if you were to touch it. Just be careful..and Niald," he said as he stood, "Stay away from the weapons eh?"

Naild nodded, "yes sir," he said with a nod. He stood and pulled out Rebecca's chair for her and then waited for her to stand and move before returning it. "Shall we then?" he asked a little excited about the room if truth be told. he loved history and the glory of their culture. He was eager to read the plaques on the items and see what significance they all had.

Varen tipped his head a bit, the black hair of his mane shimmering with a deep bluish hue in the fading sun. "I have no idea, but it cannot hurt to ask. I will be going to speak with them in the morning if you would care to join me."

Alna cuddled close to Nathan and loved him thoroughly before falling asleep. Her arms and legs tangled with his as they slept.

Rebecca stood to her feet, smiling. "Thank you Sir Caden, for the advice, and the delicious supper. Well be careful anyway, in case something is fragile." She said, letting Niald lead her back to the museum like room.

Jasmine nodded in agreement. "I'll get up early to find you." She agreerd, glad shed heeded the queens call. There hadn't been much for het to leave behind, and there seemed to be plenty more to do here in the Glen.

Nathan certainly didn't mind Alnas friskyness. And was just as willing to exhaust them both in the bedroom before they slept for the night. Theyd nerd lots of rest for tomorrows adventures.