Caden huffed, "A knight in shining armor?" he asked, "I've never had armor of any kind..just my fur cloak. Maybe we should let the people decide...that's how this one came to be. Your mother didn't build it. I read about it."

Morden fell asleep holding her close to his side. He'd spent his whole life alone, and now he could not for the life of him understand why. He was plagued by thoughts of Rebecca for a bit, but eventually drifted off to sleep.

Naild was still holding his hand out to her when she started begging him to leave. Then her mother was in the room and he made a decisions. He climbed onto the window sill and into the room. He rose and stood his full height, which was a bit smaller than Rebecca's mother, but he didn't care. He moved toward her and spoke as he did, "You will release her right now," he commanded in a very forceful voice for such a young boy. "I am not going to let you hurt her any more. I already saw you earlier. That is not how mothers are supposed to treat their children. Just because you are sad does not mean you can hurt her to try and make it better. LET GO OF HER RIGHT NOW!"

Alna slept peacefully, completely unaware of Nathan's ability to understand her inner turmoil or his trying to make another way. She was not afraid of hearing the truth, but she feared his reaction to it only.

Varen was jsut about to doze off when he heard a loud shout. He perked up his ears and tried to listen to see if he heard anything else. He wasn't even sure what he heard but he stayed alert just in case there was a problem somewhere.

Laurana giggled as they walked into her mother's bedroom. Already she felt closer to her parents, and as if she were truly home. "I suppose that's fair." She agreed, smiling. "I will have to read more on what else my mother did for the Glen and the palace."

Serena slept deep, unaware of the trauma Rebecca had endured, nor Nialds imminent danger. But soon she was waking up slowly, stirring under Mordens warm body...She needed to go shower and make breakfast.

Nialds threats and anger were rising Sheenas own temper! She glowered at the boy, then shoved Rebecca right out the window! Screaming, the child managed to grab onto a drainpipe, but it wasn't very sturdy! Crying, she wrapped her thin, bruised arms around the pipe, her body trembling. She was too far now, to reach and pull back up. Meanwhile, Sheena smirked, grabbed Niald by the shoulders, and physically shoved him out of her house, slamming and locking the door behind him! She left Rebecca to dangle uselessly, and hoped the girl fell to her death, honestly. She was tired of being burdened.

Jasmine heard the screaming of the little children and frowned. This was not the happy playing sound she was used to hearing, this was desperation. She rose, grabbed her weapons, and galloped out of the house, running swiftly to the Ruby house. To Jasmines utter horror, the red haired fae girl was dangling from a drain pipe....a boy had also just been tossed out, and the girl screamed, loud enough to wake the dead! She galloped closer, just under Rebecca's frail form and took a deep breath. "Fae child...let go, I'll catch you!" Rebecca, having no choice, did as shed been told, and dropped a good several feet, fainting from shock. She didnt wake up when Jasmine caught the child, she was so light that Jasmine didn't even flinch! The centaur carried the near dead looking Rebecca over to Niald. "Take her and run..." Jasmine raced around to the front of the ruby house, intending to kick down the door.

Okay, something was seriously wrong..Nathan rose, dressed quickly and strapped on his sword. "I'll be back, Alna....I hear kids screaming." he told her, pulling the blankets up to her chin..He left the house, running full speed to Niald.

Caden was grinning at her when he heard screaming too. "What the hell?" he asked and then held a hand out to her. "Stay there," he said, "I'll be right back. You need to rest." He too ran toward the sounds and saw Rebecca fall from the drainpipe into the female centaur's arms. He held a hand up to her as she was about to kick in the door. "Not tonight." he said. "That woman will be dealt with tomorrow." He moved over to Rebecca and Niald and knelt next to the young boy who was cradling the girl gently in his arms. He rested his hand on her forehead and let the elvin healing magic flow free and constant into the girl. She was in pretty bad shape, much worse than he realized.

Niald watched, "I was trying to get her to come with me," he said, "I was going to bring her to the queen to be safe...I saw her mother being mean to her." The boy's eyes were wide, "Her mother pushed her out the window, Caden....and then left her there...she didn't help her..."

Caden gritted his teeth and the muscle in his jaw was twitching, "She is safe now, Niald," he finally said, "You did a good thing. I will take her to the palace, and make sure she is fed and warm in a soft bed." He looked at the boy, "Do you want to come along and see?" he asked.

Niald nodded, "Yes please." he said looking down at Rebecca, "I'm going to marry her some day."

Varen saw Jasmine catch the girl just as he arrived. He was of a mind to help her kick the stupid woman's door in as well, especially when he saw the condition of the child. But he heard Caden's words on the matter and had no doubt this woman would be dealt with in the morning, in the most unpleasant manner known to the Fae. "Very good catch," he said to Jasmine, "That child has not been properly cared for in a long time it would appear."

Alna only partly woke up and once the covers were tucked she was right back to sleep.

Morden never heard anything all night, he slept that soundly curled in his new wife's arms.

• Thank You
Reactions: Maggie
Laurana nodded, but rather than go rest, she prepared a beautiful new bedroom for Rebecca! It would soon have everything her horrid mother denied her, books, coloring books, everything to do with creativity, art, even sewing and beadwork supplies. She added gorgeous dresses, tunics, blouses, skirts, sandals, shoes, slippers, even a gorgeous, opal stone circular bathing pool right in the girl's adjoined bathroom of sapphire and amethyst. She even had a kingsized bed of blue and pale pink in the bedroom, as well as shelves and chests full to the brim with fun toys.

Jasmine nodded at Varen when he spoke. "I hate women who turn against their own kids..." She said, clenching her fists. Her eyes were angry. She watched Caden and Niald take Rebecca away, before turning to Varen. "ill leave that ugly woman alone for now....but id dearly love to kick her off a cliff." She admitted.

Serena called for Niald, but when she looked in his room, he wasn't there, his bed hadn't been slept in either. Worry gripped her heart. She hurried back to Morden and sat on the bed, shaking him gently. "Morden, Nialds gone....I think he's at Sheena and Rebecca's house. Should we look for them?" She asked. She hoped they would go soon!

Nathan arrived to talk with Caden and Niald. He nodded to Varen and Jasmine. He made sure everyone was okay, then asked Caden when they'd fight those last two monsters. He was glad Rebecca was with Caden now. Hell a normal, loving family with Caden and Laurana or even himself and Alna would help the girl in the long run.

Last edited:
Caden carried Rebecca back to the palace. he was healing her as he walked, giving additional energy and seeing to even the smallest of bruises and injuries. there had been a good deal more injuries than he'd expected and he was more than a little peeved by the time he arrived at the palace. "Laurana?" he called out knowing full well the woman did NOT sleep like he told her to. Which exasperated him a bit more. He could FEEL the magic she'd expended and when she appeared he was giving her what would probably become known as the CADEN look. "Is there ever going to be a time when I tell you to do something that you actually do it?' he asked. "I healed her and she will probably be unconscious until tomorrow..so you could ahve waited and rested yourself before doing all the things you just did." Yep, he was a bit peeved and it was showing on his face and in his voice. He took the girl into the room Laurana just had to make against his instructions that she'd already expended too much today and then went back out the same way he'd come.

Niald winced at Caden's tone with the queen but he stayed with Rebecca in the room. He pulled a chair up to the bed and held her hand while she slept. Her eye looked better and her hand too. He was glad. He wasn't leaving her side though. Not until he saw her awake and well, and even then it would be hard to leave her.

Morden blinked, "What? what?" he asked blinking away the sleep and haze as he actually heard what Serena was saying. He pulled some pants on and was ushering her to the front door. When he opened it Caden was standing there about to knock.

Caden lifted a brow, "I imagine this means you are aware Niald took off?" he asked, "He tired to get Rebecca to climb out of a window into a tree. Sheena pushed her out the window and then kicked Niald out the front door. Jasmine saved the girl, I healed her, and Niald is with her at the Palace. He's safe there, and I doubt seriously anyone would be able to pry him away from Rebecca right now. You are free to try if you'd like." He bowed his head and turned and walked back toward the palace but he did not go inside. He needed to clear his mind and thoughts.

Varen nodded, "Unconscionable behavior to be sure," he said, "I am sure the queen will deal with her, as is right and proper, since she is a Fae." He turned to go back to his house and rest up for tomorrow's hunt. He turned and tipped his head, "You need rest if you are going after the two beasts tomorrow..."

Laurana smirked, giving Caden her own challenging glare! She even rolled up and tossed a sock at the back of his retreating head, sticking her tongue at him! She did finally take it easy though, curling up on his side of the bed and sleeping.

Niald and Rebecca would soon find breakfast trays full of good things like fruits, cereal, milk, even sausage links and glasses of orange juice. Eventually, Rebecca did open her eyes. She sat up quickly, too quick....her head spun and she had to rest her head on Nialds shoulder a moment, but to her amazement, she found she didn't hurt anywhere! She was also shocked to learn her injuries were completely healed..."Niald....where am I and who healed me?" She asked, knowing it had to have been Caden or Queen Laurana. What was going to happen to her now?

Serena nodded at Caden, exhaling in relief that he was okay. "I guess we can let Niald comfort and reassure Rebecca for a while....just ask Niald to see us when its lunch or dinner time please." Serena asked Caden. "Thank you, for taking care of them. I know theyll be alright....but Sheena....she has to be stopped."

Nathan curled up in the bed with Alna, not really sure how to handle things. He'd always known Sheena as a cold person....but violently abusive? That was heartbreaking. He closed his eyes, resting a bit before he'd fight monsters.

Jasmine gazed at Varen with a small smile. "Alright. But please get me when the action starts. I'll need something to rip to shreds after this incident." She said, trotting back home.

Caden sat on the bench by the statue of Queen Aura for the entire night. He knew he would not be able to sleep, so he stayed there and thought everything through. He saw the light emerging to signal the new day and rose and went inside to check on Rebecca. He saw her sitting up and happened to enter right when she started asking questions. "I healed you Rebecca," he said as he crossed the room and rested his hand on her head and scanned her quickly. She was healed, but poorly nourished, "Eat," he said and pointed to the food. "You need to put some weight on, and give your body proper fuel to maintain what I have given you. You other questions..you will remain here until further notice." He went then to find Laurana. He figured she was awake since the children had food. He went tot he bedroom and looked for her there, "Are you still in here?' he asked, "You need to deal with Sheena today. I am going to rid us of the other two creature menaces." He found her and told her what Sheena had done, in pushing the girl out the window and then leaving her dangling from a drainpipe. He did not tell her what to do, since she didn't listen anyway. She was the queen, and this was her place to pass judgement and he would leave her to do it.

Caden went to the fountain then, still not totally over the emotional upheaval of last night, to wait for the others.

Morden pulled Serena back inside and then hugged her closely. He whispered, "Everything will be fine." he said, "Niald is a brave compassionate boy, and though he acted rashly, thankfully everything turned out well. He was following his heart. Hard to fault a boy for that."

Niald moved the table over by the bed so Rebecca wouldn't have to get up to eat and he joined her. He was quite hungry, since he was used to a regular eating schedule. "You look so much better this morning," he said and then his eyes got wide, "not that you don't always look beautiful, because you do. But you had bruises and ...you look better now." He shoved a few forkfuls of sausage in his mouth to keep himself from saying anything else stupid.

Alna woke early having slept very well in her old family home. She made her way tot he kitchen with ease, but once there realized she'd ahve to step it all out because of Laurana's upgrades. She didn't mind, she was getting used to them, and they were much easier for her to us that the old methods. She found everything and began making Nathan a hearty breakfast.

Varen was up with the first rays of the sun and made his way to the statue. He saw Caden and bowed his head slightly, "You look a bit worse for wear young Fae," he said, "Did you rest at all?" he asked knowingly.

And so Laurana did go see Sheena that day, but not without a little recharging nap. Shed need energy and magical fuel if she was going to make decisions on that awful womans fate! She sighed, took a hot shower, dressed in a sky blue blouse with a darker shade skirt to her ankles and tied her long hair into a pink high bun on top of her head. For jewelry she only wore her old silver chain from earth, that had a brilliant sapphire blue star at the end. She never knew where shed gotten it, but shed never questioned that it belonged with her. Rising from the vanity table, she went out to face Sheena alone, though she did hug and kiss Caden before leaving, and said hello to Varen. At Sheenas house, it looked as if no one was home. She knocked, and called the woman's name numerous times, but to no avail! She cursed, then, wishing she knew how to fly, looked up at the drainpipe, and,with a mental shrug of risking Cadens anger, she climbed easily to the top bedroom...and used telekinesis to open the window and fall inside with a very loud, echoing thud! She was fine however, if a bit undignifiably sprawled. She snickered, picturing in her mind how mad Caden would be that she hadn't just magicked the door open...but what fun was that?

Nathan woke to delicious smells of bacon, eggs and cinnamon French toast! Even coffee was brewing. He stood up and showered first, then dressed in casual clothing as he'd be fighting monsters that morning. He did help Alna with the plate and silverware settings, then poured them both cups of hot coffee, decorating theirs the way they both liked. "Morning Alna...I think Laurana is trying to find Sheena today....bu. we could go see her and Caden this evening." He said, kissing her cheek.

Rebecca was shocked. Caden had healed her! "Thank you both, your majesties, and you were very brave, Niald.....I had more than bruises... Mother liked whipping me when I got out of line, and that was what I was trying to hide yesterday...." She ate all her breakfast, drinking plenty of milk and orange juice...everything was so good, and she felt relieved Sheena was out of the picture....but she knew her mother was probably hiding for a while....

Jasmine woke early that day, hungry and thirsty, but knowing the trees were full of food and drink. She gathered plenty of nuts, berries, bananas and even fished in the lake for trout and lobster. It wasn't long before she had her own breakfast cooking on the stove. When ready, she would meet Varen and Caden at the houses that needed extermination.

Serena nodded. "My son never has been the shy type, or ever afraid of much..." She agreed, drawing Morden to the breakfast table.

Caden saw Nathan and Jasmine join them. He kissed Laurana as she went off to find Sheena. He honestly didn't trust himself to see the woman. He looked at Varen, "Lead on," he said creating a longsword at his side in a long sheath. not that he'd use it, but one never knew. It was always best to be prepared.

Varen nodded to the others, "If you would follow me," he said, but then looked at them, "Or you could ride...we could travel faster that way...if you would." he looked at Jasmine, "And if the lady would not mind a rider as well."

Morden sat with ehr to eat and then helped clean up, "Why don't we go over and check on them," he said, "I know you are dying to...no point sitting around here stewing about it." he said and pulled her close for a hug and a kiss, "I love you Serena," he said then and smiled, "Let's go see how our son and future daughter are doing." They went to the palace and found them both heating a good breakfast, "You both look fine," he said as they entered, "Had an adventure last night...didn't you?"

Niald stood up and faced the door, covering Rebecca protectively since he didn't know who was there. He relaxed when he saw it was Morden and his mother, "We are fine," he said and sat back down with Rebecca, "I am not sure an adventure is a good way to describe it, but I am glad Rebecca is safe now."

Alna nodded, "After dinner," she agreed, "You should be back by then, right?' she asked.

Laurana felt along the bedroom walls until she was out in the hall. She searched every room, then sighed in disgust. Of course that wretched woman would go hide somewhere.....maybe she was in a city close by or something. Only thing Laurana could do right now was wait in the living room. There was only furniture, and maybe a few non perishable foods in the cabinets. She waited on the couch a long while, until she felt fairly certain that Sheena wasn't returning home. Best she could do now was go take care of the kids back at the palace. Once there, she greeted Niald, Morden, Serena and Rebecca. "Niald, you are a brave lad with a big heart. I promise, Rebecca will have perfect care here. I haven't found Sheena yet, but she won't be able to hide forever." She added reassuringly.

Serena thanked Laurana and took Niald home, so that Rebecca could get used to being around the queen. Clearly Laurana would make a much better mother, and Rebecca did need to settle in.

Nathan promised he'd be safe and return home in time for supper, even if he ended up a little late. He kissed her, then hugged her tightly, before walking to Caden, Varen and Jasmine. "Are we starting?" He asked. Jasmine nodded, then had the man climb on her back, eager to be off!

Varen looked at Jasmine, "It is not terribly far but it is not close either, thankfully. Stay with me," he said and then started off with Caden on his back. They rode at a fairly swift pace for about thirty minutes before he slowed and held up his hand. He, like Jasmine was outfitted with bow, arrows and a long wicked looking spear. He turned to look at Caden then, "This is the hunting grounds of the Basilisk. Do not allow yourself to be close enough to be bitten, or struck by his tail. it will kill you." he cautioned. His ears were flicking as he tried to listen for the heavy movements of the beast. It did not ahve to rely upon stealth, because it's bite and tail spikes were so deadly. "It usually finds rocks to blend in with and waits for things to happen by it, and it likes the sun. So any rocks with sunlight hitting them, be particularly careful."

Caden rode easily on the centaur's back but once they arrived at the hunting grounds he slid off and nodded, "Noted and maybe we should fan out a bit, stay in visual contact but spread out about ten feet so we have a wider area we are searching."

Morden nodded to Laurana and looked at her, "You need to rest today," he said with a finger wagging at her, "I do not want Caden showing up at out house ranting about you." He said with a grin and even hugged her before they left. Walking home he had a hand on Niald's shoulder, "What you ddi took courage Niald," he said, "I am proud of you. But please...next time. Inform us before you go out at night. We could have helped..."

Niald looked up at the queen, "I only did what anyone would do." he said, "I saw she was being hurt. I had to help." He looked at Rebecca, "Someday, when we are old enough, I am going to marry you, even though it means I will have to kiss you. So I have to take care of you." To him it was that simple. He left with his Mother and Morden and when morden spoke he looked up at him like the older man had lost his mind, "You would ahve stopped me. You would ahve told me to wait until the morning adn god to the Queen." He said accusingly.

Alna spent the day wandering around her old family home. She bumped into furniture a few times, but the windows were just as she remembered and she felt a smile returning to her lips all day long. Only thoughts of Nathan hunting beasts forced the smile away. She resisted the urge to go to her cauldron and try to see what was happening, knowing she didn't want to see anything bad, so she just avoided it altogether. She began preparing a hearty dinner for him, so that when he did returnt here would be hot food ready and waiting.

Laurana hugged Morden tightly back and let Niald speak to Rebecca about marrying her! This made the red haired girl blush almost as bright as her hair, then she laughed as he said, "even if it means kissing you, I want to take care of you!" She smiled, waving a little sadly. "Don't worry Niald...I'm sure well be fine! And thanks!" She added as they left for home. Serena gave her son a large glass of iced tea, and said he could go get some rest in his room if he was tired.

Jasmine kept up, casually talking with Nathan until they reached the place. She took out a spear first, not wanting to bloody her sword right.away, even if Nathan drew his. He slid off her back, thanking her for the ride, and stood beside Caden and Varen, wondering if they should taunt the beasts!

Sheena meanwhile, didn't even care that Rebecca was in the palace with Queen Laurana. Shed intended to go hide in a valley out of the Glen, but soon heard a rustling. She wasn't aware of what she was stumbling into!

Caden and the others spread out and began making a bit of noise. He saw a large rock outcropping and held up his hand and pointed.

Varen came closer and nodded, "It could be there," he said, "It likes this kind of place..." Just as he said that the beast appeared, and spit at Varen, but he was quick enough to jump away and to the side of the poison. "I forgot about the poison spit, careful of that as well he said taking aim with his crossbow and firing a few shots into the beast's back and moving to stay behind it as much as possible.

Caden was shocked at the size of the thing. It had to be 15 feet long and about 4 feet around. He'd never seen one this big before.He pulled his sword from ti's sheath and hopped onto it and stabbed it between the shoulder blades hoping to hit at least a major organ, but hoping to his the heart. His sword wasn't quite long enough though, and all he managed to do with that maneuver was anger the beast.

Morden looked at Niald, "Hmm..you could be right...but we could have helped. What we should ahve done was tell Laurana last night, so you wouldn't ahve felt the need to do something this drastic. Next time, if such a thing occurs, we will take your concerns more seriously." When Niald went to his room he pulled Serena close, "He's a fine caring boy," he said, "You ahve done very well."

Naild listened and nodded, "thank you Morden," he said, "And then seeing the look on his mother's face he sighed and went to his room, after drinking the tea. He sat at his desk and wrote out a plan for what he needed to learn, so he could marry Rebecca. It was a pretty long list; hunt, cook, grow taller, grow stronger, somehow learn to like kissing, growing wood, picking food from the forest, finish school, find a house, make a ring for her, ask Rebecca to marry him.

Alna was baking apple pies for dinner dessert, and having a wonderful time settling into the family home. She could almost hear her mother and sisters in the kitchen with her, their chattering and encouragement and laughter. She hadn't thought about them in a long time, but being here in the house brought it all flooding back.

Sheena would hear a loud growl from just behind her and then find herself on the ground with claws curved around her shoulders. Not hurting her yet, but the large lion-like create above her was looking at her oddly. The human face was not repulsive but with the face surrounded by the lion's mane and the leathery bat wings flapping in an agitated fashion, the creature was fearsome to behold, especially from so close. The head lowered and began to sniff at her face, neck and chest. "You please me," it said, "If you agree to come with me, I will not harm you." Piercing blue eyes looked at her but the tongue that move across the jagged teeth looked like he might be preparing for a tasty meal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laurana rested a better part of the afternoon, and felt completely rested, as did Rebecca. The girl looked so much healthier already, having had a complete breakfast, and even had taken a long shower, finding a beautiful, dark emerald green dress to wear when she emerged, smelling more like lavendar and vanilla, with her hair dried and tied into a braid with green ribbons holding it in place. She even had a matching emerald necklace, the emerald bigger than her thumbnail, in the size of a triangle. She looked prettier, less bruised or scarred. She smiled a little, thinking how brave and handsome Niald was. He'd been so brave, helping to rescue her like that! She remembered how angry he'd been at her mother! Her mother,.... she shivered to think of how furious Sheena was. How had their relationship gotten so bad? Was it only because Rebecca liked a fae-boy who wasn't royal? Or was it other reasons that had built up over time? She didn't understand. The painful memories of her whole life flashed before her young eyes, and she had to sit down on her bed, thinking. She remembered there had always been a coldness between her and Sheena, one that grew into unrepairable gaps over time. Now that Sheena had no husband, was she thinking her daughter would also have to live alone as she did, just to make her daughter suffer the same fate? As she was staring in amazement at her gorgeous bedroom, Laurana walked in, sitting next to Rebecca. "Is there anything you need?" She asked, her voice kind and soothing. Rebecca managed a smile. "No...I'm ok, Quen Laurana. I'm just sorry, if I'm any trouble." She added, shyly. Laurana shook her head. "You're far too sweet a girl to be any problem....your mother......she Will face punishment. I know you dont want such things....but Sheena had no right or provocation to treat you so badly. Stay here today and rest, ill create meals regularly. You need to put a little more weight on, and be healthy. I'll let you see Niald often..but today well go do something relaxing." Laurana hugged the girl before rising to her feet. Rebecca thanked her as the queen rose to her feet. "Would you like a tour? I haven't explored much of the palace myself." Rebecca
nodded, rising to her feet. She held the queens hand and walked out of the room to start exploring the long hallways and gaze at beautiful paintings, artwork, tapestries and mostly empty vases. Laurana made flowers, roses, and plenty of lilacs appear in them, magically cleaning and dusting whatever rooms needed it. Rebecca could only gaze in awe at everything, especially the gigantic, ancient library, still jam packed with books, scrolls, and manuscripts. They both spent several hours reading from the library, exploring forgotten, a silence from each of them as Rebecca immersed herself with new knowledge, and Laurana, knew the girl would soon have a nice routine at the palace, theyd get along just fine. It made Rebecca smile.

Sheena felt herself dragged by a lion like monster, holding her captive! She looked over at the queen she had been trying to avoid, and paled even further. "What are you and what do you want with me?" Sheena asked. She felt terrified! She knew no one would rescue her..

Serena watched Niald head to his room and sighed sadly...."They grow so fast and want to leave home so young.. " she sighed, leaning her head on his shoulder in a despondent mood.

Nathan also tried jabbing with his sword, only to be brutally kicked in the ribs and sent flying backwards! He was wishing the beasts horrible deaths already. Jasmine was busy firing arrows at the same monster Caden and Varen were still stabbing at, but most were not hitting anything!

Last edited:
Caden still atop the basilisk's back with his sword buried to the hilt now used magic on his sword. He allowed lightning to channel through the sword ind into the beast from within. He saw Laurana and wanted to scold her, but he was too busy trying to kill the beast before it turned anyone to stone, or paralyzed them.

Varen noticed that whatever Caden was doing seemed to be weakening the thing, so he moved in quickly from behind with his sword and began to lop it into sections, first the legs so it would not move and then the tail so it could not harm anyone with that. "Whatever magic you are using is working," he said, "Use it quickly and with as much force as you can, the things regenerates if you give it enough time." He moved then to Nathan, "Are you well friend?' he asked offering him a hand up, "It is wise to approach it from the rear whenever possible."

The Manticore was so focused on the woman on the ground beneath him that he had not even noticed the other woman at all. "I am Baricos and I can and will kill you if you do not come with me. I have not enjoyed a female in some time and you please me." He watched her nostril's flaring as he waited for her reply. He was indeed hungry for food as well, but if she would go with him, he would much rather sate his other appetites first.

Morden nodded, "That is the way of it," he said, "I raised Caden from a baby and he left at not a lot older than Niald. He had things to do, people to protect...sound familiar?" He held her close and ran his hands up and down her back, "Do you want more children Serena?' he asked, "I've never had any of my own children, but I could give it a try...if you want them."

Alna finished the pies and moved on to cookies. She hadn't made cookies in a very long time but she remembered a recipe her mother had used to make cookies for the all the children of the neighborhood. She hoped they'd turn out as well as those, so she could share them as her mother had. She was remembering a lot of good things about her life, before her decision and was growing so ashamed of her pride and selfishness in seeking the power instead of being thankful for what she had.

Laurana left Rebecca in the library to go help Caden and the others. She knew Rebecca would be fine, she left the girl with a tall pitcher of refreshing iced, sweet tea, and a glass. Out in the field of houses, Laurana telepathed to Caden that she had rested plenty before she came out. She saw what was happening, and hurried to help blast some of the monsters. Jasmine saw her and instantly closed the space between the queen and the fighting. "Highness, please use your magic sparingly today, and be careful." Laurana agreed. She had no desire to harm the baby or get in the way. She kept shields around everyone however, hoping that would help!

Sheena shuddered.....to be truthfully honest, she knew she deserved this kind of fate, but really wasn't ready to meet such an end! She took out a long dagger from her hip, and slashed down the manticores ribs! "How about....neither!" She growled. She wanted to run from all the idiots around her!

Serena gazed into Mordens eyes, full of hope and happiness. "We should discuss that with Niald....he's used to being the only. I might have to ease him into the idea.....but since he's too grown up to be pampered and held.....it would be nice to have a young infant again..." She said hugging him close.

Nathan scowled at being kicked, climbing right back up and stabing at the beast! he was getting pissed.....

Caden fed his full ability of elemental magic into the creature and it stopped moving and started to smell like roasted eel or something of the like. He climbed off and huffed a bit pulling the sword from the best.

Varen held out his hand, "Do not touch the sword. His blood is deadly. You must magically cleanse it."

Caden nodded and used magic to surround the sword and then sent everything within the magical field into a void where he destroyed it. ""One down..one to go. Now we just have to find it." He moved over to Laurana and though he was frowning he scooped her up and hugged her. "How is Rebecca?' he asked, "And Niald?"

Varen looked at Nathan, "He must cleanse your weapon as well," And then his ears were twitching, "I hear something tot he west..."

Caden tipped his head and did the same to Nathan's sword and then looked at Varen. "That close? Why couldn't they have just killed each other and saved us the trouble?"

The Manticore reared back its head in pain and pushed her deeper into the soft soil with his paw and allowed the claws to damage her shoulder a bit then in retaliation. "That was not wise female," he said as his other paw landed on her arm and the claws of that paw dug into her arm. His head lowered and his hot breath was on her face, "I can take what I want from you and still have a meal of you afterward, it is not as enjoyable when they are not willing, but since you have taken my blood I will take from you whatever I want without conscience or remorse." He used his right back leg to rip at her clothing and his other leg to hold he leg still. His face was a mask of undisguised lust and though he was injuring her as he tore at her clothes she was not bleeding too much.

Morden nodded, "Do you think he would mind?' she asked, "I don't...but I agree he should be part of that discussion as well. I just wanted to know your thoughts. I have never had the privilege of holding my child just after birth, or of watching someone I love grow heavy with child, but I suddenly want all of those things with you."

Laurana giggled slightly as she was scooped up in Cadens arms. She thanked Jasmine for protecting her, and let Caden know Rebecca and Niald were fine. She too heard the commotion not far from where they stood, followed by a terrible scream! Instantly after magically cleaning everyone's weapons, she hurried to the noise...only to find a Manticore on top of Sheena...who had stabbed the beast! Laurana looked at Caden, "should we help or just let the woman suffer for what she did to Rebecca?" she asked as the others caught up.

Serena smiled, looking deeply in Mordens eyes now..."Well give Niald a break from serious thoughts today....he's had so many already." she said, nuzzling him..

Nathan kept close to Laurana and Caden, wanting to protect both. Knowing what Sheenas crimes were didn't make him want to save her either!

"Let me go!" Sheena yelled, bleeding a bit from her wounds as the beast pushed her.down trying to assault and eat her! She clawed the ground, trying to escape...

Caden looked at the manticore and huffed a bit. "He seems interested in more than killing her," he said blithely, but like everyone else eh stood and waited. "Her fate is in your hands Laurana," he said, "This is your decision to make not ou...." He did not have time to finish his thought when a man appeared from the opposite side of the scene from where they were all standing.

FaeKing.jpg

A great sword swooped and lopped off the manticore's head in one swift and powerful movement. Piercing eyes looked at the others as a foot raised to push over the dead body of the manticore and then reach down for the woman trapped below. He did not speak to the woman but to the others. "Why did you not give aid?' he asked, "Have I returned to the Glen in vain?" he asked and his gaze bore into Laurana, "I would have hoped the Queen of the Fae would have been more like her mother."

Varen stepped forward and bowed on one knee, "Lord Andrew," he said and then rose, "The Queen is much as her mother ever was. This woman has abused and harmed her child in the most deplorable manner. She will be punished, it was and is for the queen to decide how that is to be enforced. Though, now you are here, perhaps you should discuss the matter in tandem."

Caden heard the name and bowed as well, "I did not recognize you King Andrew, Forgive me. Please allow me to present Queen Laurana." THIS was what Caden had feared the most about returning to the Glen. He knew there were many men among the fae Kings who were far more equipped to reign with Laurana than he was. There were four kings remaining of their numbers, and this one was the one he did not want to see return. This was was honorable, kind, and worthy.

Andrew bowed his head very slightly, "Varen," he said, "It is good to see you." He listened and looked at the woman next to him and then over at Laurana and Caden, "And you are?' he asked and then lifted a brow, "Caden? You were but a child when last I saw you. Do not worry yourself, the perceptions of youth are often misleading. I have only just returned to the Glen. I heard the call of the Hidden spell and could not deny its summon. I am pleased to meet you Laurana. I was very fond of your mother, and you are her very image. Just as beautiful as she." He left Sheena and went to Laurana and dropped to a knee and reached for her hand to offer the customary kiss to her knuckles.

Morden nodded, "We have a lot of time to sort through things." He said and scooped her up and carried her to the livingroom to cuddle and snuggle on the sofa until dinner.

Laurana blushed bright red! Shed not intended to help Sheena, though this....being made her almost feel embarased, but she hid it, smiling a little instead. She glared hard especially at Sheena. "Would you, Lord Andrew have tolerated a woman to whip the skin off her own daughters back, and then push her child out a window?" She shook her head sadly, knowing these things were still happening on Earth, but it was unusual here....maybe. She didnt think Andrew would agree with Sheenas child rearing methods, but she was certainly open to advice. She stepped back to.Cadens side, a little intimidated by the ancient Lord....but.he was interesting, to say the least! She was curious to find out why he'd chosen this time to return to The Glen.

Nathan and Jasmine looked at eachother in surprise! Nathan knew who this was and immediately stepped forward, bowing politely. "As Lauranas uncle, I can assure you, she is very like her mother....and full of both parents stubborn natures...pray Lord Andrew, what would you have us do with Sheena?" He asked.

Serena enjoyed every moment of just snuggling on the couch! She ran her fingers through his hair, loving how assuring and calm he was.