Laurana looked thoughtful. "I'm sorry, but I guess we both startled eachother. I'm new to the glen and was just restoring my mother's palace. Are there any caves nearby? Aside from the ones that collapsed, obviously." She asked, leaning slightly against Cadens shoulder. She heard Nathan yelling suddenly, something about a huge spider. "Nathan, in here, in the throne room." Laurana called. Nathan stood in front of Caden and the queen. He explained what was happening outside. Instantly Laurana nudged Caden. "We have to help. I don't want anyone hurt.." she said. Nathan hurried them outside, quite afraid something else might happen!

Serena simply walked back to Mordens side, helping him stay calm as he and Varen began trying to keep the terrible monsters at bay! "I wonder now if staying behind was safer." She said quietly.

Mirq shook his head, "I do not know of any. Just the ones we lived in." Another man came in and he started to hide but realized he wasn't attaking him so he just stood and listened. "Cave spider..." he frowned but they alls tarted running off. He followed them a bit and then realized the sun was bright. he called after them, "The spider is like me! She hates light!" he called after them as loudly as he could without going into the sun.

Caden held up a thumb and called over his shoulder, "THANK YOU!" as they followed Nathan. He saw Morden and a centaur holding a spell against a door. "She will not come out into the light." He said.

Morden huffed, "She doesn't ahve to. She'll just shoot a web out and drag people in. Damned thing is huge!"

Caden tipped his head, "Understood." He looked at Laurana, "This house is not going to be lived in by anyone. Are we agreed?" he asked but didn't expect an answer. he turned then and his eyes were glowing and suddenly they would hear screeching and hissing and a foul smell as the spider was burned from within. Once the mother was dead Caden allowed the flames to consume the house, and the offspring that were still in the cocoon were consumed by it. He kept the fire spell going until the house was nothing by the gemstone shell, no walls n roof nothing else remained.

Morden released his spell once he no longer felt the pull against it from inside. "You burned it didn't you?' he asked, "That smell is going to linger...." He looked at Laurana, "Maybe you can do something about the burnt hair smell?"

Niald was trying to look brave and strong when he was really shaking in his boots, but he didn't want Rebecca to know it. He moved over to his mom and Morden, "Maybe we should ahve Caden go in first from now on..."

Varen dropped the spell as well once the resistance was gone. He turned and lowered one leg and bowed to Laurana, "You must be Queen Laurana," hes aid, "You are the very image of your mother. I am sorry to hear of her passing. She was a good queen and friend to the centaurs. i will hope that will continue to be so."

Laurana had to back away from the hideous smell! She lent Caden more energy and took care of all the other homes! She then focused more energy into all other houses, making each house spotlessly clean, smelling wonderfully herbal or floral. She even added nice furniture along with beautiful cabinets and only a few modernizations like plumbing, with toilets and shower/baths/ kitchen sinks, etc, but that was as far as shed go on the appliances. "Everyone please remain cautious while choosing your homes. We don't want to offend anyone who might dwell within them." She said, then turned to Varen. "I will certainly do my best to assure that fae and centaurs get along." She told the smiling, strong looking centaur. She excused herself politely, then hugged Caden. "You're magnificent as always, sweetheart. I'm going to go rebuild the orc caves. I'm sure theyll be a lot happier there than here. Can you help out here a little longer? When its dark I want everyone safe inside. I'm going to go help Mirq." she said, kissing Caden and hurrying back to find the orc.

Serena glanced worriedly as Laurana hurried off to go help someone else. That woman wasn't giving herself any breaks, though Serena did smile as Niald seemed to be braver when the pretty, red haired Rebecca moved closer to them. She really was pretty, with fair skin, gold highlights in her waist length hair, bright gold eyes, and a slim figure. Shed liked Niald a long time. Too bad her mom was so restrictive!

Nathan went and double checked all the houses, then turned and went back to find Alna. He was really worried about her.

Caden nodded, thinking she was very good with her elemental magics. Fixing the caves would be no problem for her now. "Ok...But Mirq may not be able to show you to the caves until dark," he said cautiously, "Or you'll ahve to magically shield him from the sun somehow." He stopped feeding the fire into the home and then sent a cleansing spell through it. Trying to get rid of as much of the smell as he could. "I ahve half a mind to just destroy this house and be done with it." he said honestly and then looked around the group that was gathered, "Anyone interested in living in here?" he asked. He didn't believe anyone would be able to get the imagine of the huge spider out of their minds. Seeing that no one was going to claim the house anyway he destroyed it and in it's place a playground with many swings, slides and other fun things appeared it its place. "That should be a better use of the space then," he said and then turned to look at the people gathered. Why don't we move as a group, and I will scan each home and we can make sure there are no other predatory creatures living within the homes you choose." He looked at Varen, "I thank you for your assistance," hes aid with a bow, "Do you know of any other homes with residents?"

Varen nodded, "It was my pleasure to assist and I know of only two others that may be a problem but they are not here near the palace, but in the overgrown area of the outlying homes that the jungle has overtaken." he nodded to everyone, "It will be good to have neighbors again, but we will ahve to hunt the other two creatures tomorrow. It will be safe at night, as they are day hunters." He looked at Caden, "I will be happy to accompany you. I will rest easier knowing they are gone, especially since you ahve brought little ones with you."

Morden nodded, "Much better Caden," he said, "And I agree one house at a time together until everyone is situated safely." He wrapped an arm around Serena and kissed her temple, "I am so glad that turned out well. I didn't realize the wilds would ahve taken over this much of the city already. It doesn't feel like we've been gone this long..."

Niald was smiling at rebecca. Her hair was so pretty. he liked the way it reflected the light and the way her smile seemed to make everything around it seem pale and dim. There was simply something about this particular young lady that drew him in many ways, at different times. It also seemed that more things about her became evident to him as time passed, like the way she folded her hands, and the way she was always helping people. she was, as far as he was concerned, the best girl in the clan...well the best girl his age at any rate. he was definitely going to marry her some day.

Alna was still standing where they'd left her. She hadn't wanted to break anything in the centaur's home so she hadn't moved except to find a wall. She let her magic fly free to discern if he was of a good heart or evil, and being satisfied he was a friend to the fae stood there relaxed waiting for someone to come for her.

Laurana waved at Caden, having understood his words. She glanced at the sky. The afternoon was passing, soon it would be darker anyway.By the time she reached the palace, she was definitely out of breath. Leaning against one tall pillar, she felt a familiar headache trying to get her but she ignored it, moving forward to the throne room. "Mirq! Where are you? Caden said I could help you rebuild the caves tonight." She called, taking a bottle of water from her bag and drinking half of it while waiting for the orc to appear.

Serena smiled and wrapped her own arm around Mordens waist. "I guess I don't remember the Glen...but that's nature for you. Taking back what it lost. Niald....go on son, talk with Rebecca a while." She said with a light nudge. She watched Rebecca look at her mother for permission. Though Sheena was very strict, demanding and sometimes hateful to her daughter, she saw no acceptable reason to send Niald back to his family....yet. Rebecca, a lot bolder than she first seemed, took Niald by the hand after saying hello to Morden and Serena first. She lead them just a little way from the group of adults, who seemed not to be doing much anyway at the moment. "Are you ok, Niald? That spider was so big, I thought it was really going to eat you." She said, worriedly.

Nathan hurried back to Varens house, and scooped up Alna in a hug and kiss. "So many monsters and beasts....Caden and Laurana have it under control, Laurana went to help the orc rebuild the caves....I think we should pick a house..." He told her, carrying her all the way back to the others.

Caden and the group moved with the group until someone claimed a house. He would scan it and then either announce it to be clean, or head inside to rid it of whatever might be inside. This continued for some time, "You two going to pick one some time today?' he asked Morden and Serena.

Morden rolled his eyes, "Yes we are," he assured him, "Just help the others. we are fine for now." he said watching Niald with Rebecca, "She's a lovely girl, he has good taste."

Caden shrugged when he saw what they were doing, letting the lad have a little girl time. might young for it, but that was up to them. He looked at Nathan as he carried Sovalna back to the group, "How about you two...see anything that looks appealing?"

Alna felt a strong magical pull to her left and just behind her. "Oh wait.." she said reaching out her hand, "When she had a good bead on it she pointed, "That one...it's calling." She would ahve no way of knowing, but it was the home of her parents and grandparents from when they lived in the glen. It was a mother of pearl opalescent exterior that seemed to be a living rainbow of colors. "What does it look like Love?' she asked, "It's magic is calling to me...powerfully."

Mirq heard the queen and came back down off the ceiling where he'd gone to hide from the sun. "I am here," he said, "It is bright. Bright hurts my eyes very much." He watched her drink the water and licked his parched lips. He'd been having trouble finding food and water since leaving the cave. "Dark is Mirq's friend. I can show you the caves easily once bright is gone." He watched her then, "Do you ahve more water?" he asked, "Mirq is thirsty too."

Niald went to Rebecca when both sets of parents allowed them to speak and was shocked that she took his hand. He blushed brightly, "I am fine," he said bravely. "I wouldn't have let it eat me. can't happen. Who will take care of you and your mother? I have a job to do."

Laurana grinned a bit, taking a seat on one of the sapphire and diamond encrusted thrones, that must have been her mother's once. She tossed Mirq a bottle of water, magically chilling it just enough to be tasty, then pulling out a spread of breads, meats and cherses. Thanks to magic, nothing had gone bad. "Feel free to eat as well. I'm feeding a growing baby, so I definitely have to have something before I rebuild anything." She admitted.

Serena grinned...and pointed to a pale lavendar/amethyst house to the left. "That one looks amazing....shall we look at it while Niald talks with Rebecca?" The boy sure seemed intent on wedding her soon, not that anything could happen until he was 18!

Nathan chuckled. He set her carefully on her feet, watching her gaze at the lovely opal house. "its rainbowy opal, love...and the setting sun makes it twinkle like fire light..." He told her with a smile. He kept his hand on his sword however, just in case it wasn't safe!

Rebecca grinned. "Niald....were too young to worry about such things. I still have to be properly educated, and learn boring house wife ish..things. mother never let's me go many places.....and I am yelled at frequently if I mess up on sewing ...or chores." Rebecca admitted, frowning a bit at the ground. Her mother was in a group of other women, staring at the remaining houses. Rebecca saw a brilliant ruby house that Sheena would love to have!

Mirq was not expecting her to throw something at him and it hit him in the chest with a thunk and fell to the floor. "Why do you throw things at Mirq?' he asked and bent to get it and looked at it, "What is it?" he asked holding it up to drink as she had but nothing came out. "Is it magic?' he asked looking at it all kind of ways. He saw the food and moved over to her and sat down with his legs crossed. "I willl eat," he said, "But you eat first. Babies always eat first. It is the way of the orc. I will not eat before baby."

Morden smiled. She liked her purples, and he did not care where they lived as long as they were together. He tapped Caden's shoulder, "How about that one?' he said motioning to the one Serena chose.

Caden lifted a brow and followed his pointed indicator. He scanned the house and waved a hand, "THAT one is safe." he said, "And Laurana already put the shower and things in them...so enjoy your new home." He started to move away but stopped, "Don't be surprised if Laurana wants your wizard shop at the castle though..or close to it."

Niald shook his head, "We are not babies anymore Rebecca," he said, "We have to learn the things that will help us be good leaders in the future. I am going to learn how to take care of you and your mother, so you will ahve a good man for a husband some day."

Alna looked up at him and the shock was plain to see, "Rainbow opal..." she said with wonder in her voice. "It is my childhood home..." That was a merciful turn of luck. She would at least know the layout of this house, and not have to learn it completely. "Is there still pretty leaded glass in the windows? With butterfly shapes in colored glass in the larger panes?" She held her breath waiting for him to answer. She'd made those just before she'd lost her sight. She hoped they were still there.

Varen was still moving with the group. he'd been chatting and answering questions, and patiently enduring the children touching him.

Laurana apologized instantly. "Sorry Mirq, I'm not a good thrower...and that is kind. I will eat then. We have a little daylight left, but its almost gone." She said, eating her food, drinking more water. Soon, there wasn't any of her food left, having been super hungry. "Alright, your turn, Mirq. Well both need our strength tonight." She added.

Serena thanked Caden, and tugged Morden to the front door. Goodness, everything inside was gorgeous as the outside! She admired the marble purple kitchen countertops, the light purple walls and floors....there were even beds and shelves in many of the bedrooms. "Shall we call Niald inside now?" Serena asked, seeing Niald was still talking to Rebecca....that is, until Sheena walked over. She gave Niald a condescending smile, then took ahold of Rebecca's hand, tight enough to hurt the girls small bones and lead her away. Her black hair was in a tight bun, and both wore white dresses that day. "You will not speak to Niald so formally again." Sheena said coldly. If Niald looked closely, he'd see bruises on Rebecca's arms...Rebecca risked a glance over to Niald and waved sadly.

Nathan looked closely at the house, grinning. "Yes to everything." He agreed. "Shall I go in first?" He asked.

Caden moved with the rest of the group, Varen in tow checking each home someone chose. it was jsut about to get dark when the last home was cleaned of a few raccoons and the people entered. he went to Varen then. "Thank you for your help," he said, "And now that everyone is settled, "What are the two creatures you were speaking of?"

Varen nodded, "You are very welcome, Caden," he said bowing his head slightly and the huffed out a bit, "There is a Manitcore and a basilisk. The basilisk is slow but he he strikes you with his tail or bites you, his toxins turn you to stone. The Manticore is a flying lion, and he's a ruthless predator. I have been alone her for some time, and narrowly escape their clutched on more than one occasion, but a child would have no chance of survival."

Caden agreed, "I will meet you in the square at dawn," he promised, "We will see they are no more."

Varen bowed again and turned to go back to his own home. He needed to rest for tomorrow, and to sharpen the tips of his arrows.

Mirq watched her eat and saw how she twisted the top off the water to make it come out and tried to copy what she did. he got the lid off but it flew across the room. "Oh...sorry." The water came out though and he drank all of it greedily. She gave him food then and he smiled, and though ti was intended to be friendly it was a gruesome sight. Sharp pointed teeth, of a greenish color and not very clean showed. His eyes were a dark green dolor and his face was a slightly paler green color. He was attractive as Orcs go, but as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. "The bright has gone away enough for me to go out." he said, "Are you ready?"

Naild watched Rebecca get dragged off and he frowned. He waved back to her and made a few decisions right then, grown up kind of decisions. He turned to see Morden and his Mother looking for him. He went to where they were and stood before them, "I don't think I can wait to marry Rebecca," eh announced, "I think she is in danger. She needs my protection." He had his hands on his hops, "I will get a job and find a way to take care of us." he was looking at them like he was daring them to say no. At that moment he looked like a little man not a child.

Morden blinked at Niald and then looked back at Rebecca and Sheena. Sheena wasn't known for being particularly warm or caring but abusive? He looked back at Niald, "Did you see soemthing?" he asked gently, "Maybe the Queen should be informed."

Niald frowned, "I want to take care of her."

Alna nodded, "Maybe that would be best," she said, "Did Caden scan this one?' she asked. she was envisioning the whole house in her mind. The stained glass windows she'd created and the way the sun bounced off of it. It had always been a joy to live there and she could not believe fate was going to allow her to live there again. It almost seemed too good to be true.

Laurana smiled at Mirq, giving him one more water bottle as she took one out for herself, having drained two. She was always thirsty after using a lot of magic, but today had been especially draining, even with Caden's help. She rose, then shouldered her pack as she followed Mirq out of the palace. "Alright, is it far?" She asked, blinking against the darkness. She had to trust Mirq to lead the way, and by the time they got there, the glen was now pitch black. Very little moonlight shone through the trees, but the stars were brighter here at least. She could see well enough, but had a hard time not tripping over hidden roots and tree branches! When she saw the collapsed caves, she nearly cried, unable to guess how many souls had been lost in that cave in. She placed a small dainty hand on Mirq's shoulder, sad for his loss. "I'll do my best Mirq......." She whispered, then focused entirely on the caves; first she called forth a sturdy, silver-and-garnet mixture, with a rare, golden soil to grow any kind of plant life or food they could want inside. The tunnels ran deeper now, about 400 miles underground, with all sorts of different caves, rooms, caverns, a huge front area, with dim torch light so not to hurt anyone's eyes, She made treasure rooms, guest rooms, whole entire houses inside the cave. Suddenly though, her energy almost felt tapped completely... and she was surely by now, too far from Caden to be helped by him. As she swayed on her feet, she was already sending a rush of healing energy to all those still alive and hurting or desperately injured, praying for the ones who couldn't be saved. "I'm sorry... I wasn't here sooner.." She told him, a few tears in her eyes. Then, without any warning, she finished the transformation of the beautiful caves, going inside, and collapsing before she could even get out of the front cavern, completely unconscious, and freezing cold to the touch... she looked to be barely breathing!

Serena gazed over at Sheena as the woman kept close to the Ruby house, her hand definitely looked a little too tight around the poor girl's wrist, and the girl was trying to get her to loosen her grip, but the woman didn't budge. She saw Niald's face and it worried her some. "Son... seriously, if you think things are getting to grim for Rebecca, please, tell Laurana... I know that woman's been through enough abuse herself, she knows what its like. She'd talk to Sheena for sure.." She said, setting up pots and pans to make a light dinner. She was probably as tired as everyone else. It had been an exhausting, frightening day! She didn't like Sheena anyway, the woman had made too many jibes and insulting remarks about her and Niald, even of Robert in the past. Things really didn't change with some people.

Nathan went inside the opal house, leaving Alna on the front porch, checking each and every room of the house, he found nothing. "It's clear." He said walking back outside, then escorting her into the living room. There was a pretty pale sea-green couch for them to rest on, so he helped her walk there, pulling out their cantines of water to drink. "I'll set up and make something for dinner when we've rested a bit... then I'm going to help Caden with the monsters. Will you be alright?" He asked.

One of the female centaurs had just caught up with the group, standing around and looking at houses. Well, most were inside already. She saw the red-headed girl-child being dragged into a ruby house by a stern, cross-looking mother. She snorted, hating abusive people. Ignoring this for now, the beautiful, all white-centaur with flowing blonde-hair, a quivver of arrows and a bow, with a long sword strapped to her back, and a shimmering pink tunic, galloped over to Varen with a smile. "Can I help kill the beasts?" She asked, drawing out a magnificent silvery-blade with a sapphire-and-diamond hilt. The sword looked like it could cut through nearly any stone or metal. She herself was lovely, with an oval-shaped face, fair skin, a flowing white tail, her mane and hooves were all snowy- white. Her eyes were a bright, ice-blue. She looked ready for action, not much of a stand-around kind of girl.

Mirq watched the tunnels open up and expand and all she was doing was touching the walls of the cave. His eyes were wide with wonder. He happened to look at her when she spoke of wishing she'd been there earlier and caught her before she hit the ground. He saw some other orcs emerging from the tunnels and he called to them, "She helped us, we will never harm a fae ever, for any reason." and then he nodded to them and turned and went back out into the night to return her to the castle. She needed help, and he knew they could not give it. he ran through the trees, knowing the way well, and having a sure footedness that came with his race.

Caden nodded to the lady centaur, "The more the merrier. 8 am at the fountain, but I must get to the palace and check on the Queen." He made his way back tot he palace and called out for Laurana. He heard nothing but the echo of his own voice. He scanned the entire palace and she was nowhere to be found. So he reached out for her ind and again he found nothing. He ran back toward the main doors of the Palace and almost collided with Mirq. "He saw Laurana limp in his arms and he raised questioning eyes to Mirq.

Mirq shook his head, "She fixed the caves and healed the orcs. but she is cold and will not wake up." He held Laurana out to Caden, "Help her."

Caden took her in his arms and his energy flowed into her. Obviously she had not actually learned how to maintain her personal energies as she used magic. He'd have to make sure she never forgot again. He could feel her heartbeat, so he knew she was alive, but he wanted to spank her good and hard for doing this to herself again. He was going to have to have a long talk with her about these kinds of things. Right now though, he just wanted her to wake up.

Morden nodded, "The queen needs to know, Niald." he said wrapping an arm around the young man's shoulders. "I will help you learn how to be a good man, so that you may one day marry that lovely girl and take care of her. But right now, she needs different help, the kind the queen can provide."

Alna followed with him inside and her hand reached out for door jambs and she smiled, "I can see this," she said, "Though..this couch was not here. still..this is familiar. it will be much easier to acclimate to this house than any other."

Varen looked at the woman and his shock was apparent. They could not have been more different and yet more alike. She was all white and he was all black, she fair and he tanned, her blue gaze and his dark and mysterious, but they were both Centaurs. It took him a long while to actually gather enough of his senses to respond to her and he hadn't heard Caden's reply at all. "I am Varen," he said as he bowed on knee to her, "I had believed us all to be gone..." he said, "How...where have you come from...and what is your name?"

Laurana woke through the mass of energy Caden was putting into her..She groaned, feeling like shed been hit by a semi! She still felt cold, but her eyes slowly opened, and she sat up, shaking her head to clear it. She smiled a little sheepishly at Caden...knowing damn well she was in trouble! "Sorry Caden....I just used so much magic....I wanted to rebuild the caves in a few hours....but I think I am done using magic for tonight..." She said, putting a finger on his lips to stop him from yelling.

Serena nodded in agreement. "Sheena might even have Rebecca taken away and given to another family. If things continue like this." She added, finishing a fine dinner of roast chicken, green beans, and dinner rolls. She served up the plates for Niald and Morden first, before her own, along with pitchers of iced tea.

Sheena meanwhile, had truly unleashed her temper on Rebecca. After forcing the girl to clean the entire house from top to bottom, she was then whipped and punched in the face, left in an upstairs bedroom on the floor...but poor Rebecca would hide before telling on her mom!

Nathan double checked the house, then sat down with Alna. "It's all beautiful, Alna..we should see the queen very soon." He added, hugging her close.

Jasmine introduced herself as well. "Both my parents were brown centaurs, I came as a surprise to both of them. But its nice to meet you, Varen...um...I guess I can sleep under this apple tree and keep watch."

Laurana woke through the mass of energy Caden was putting into her..She groaned, feeling like shed been hit by a semi! She still felt cold, but her eyes slowly opened, and she sat up, shaking her head to clear it. She smiled a little sheepishly at Caden...knowing damn well she was in trouble! "Sorry Caden....I just used so much magic....I wanted to rebuild the caves in a few hours....but I think I am done using magic for tonight..." She said, putting a finger on his lips to stop him from yelling.

Serena nodded in agreement. "Sheena might even have Rebecca taken away and given to another family. If things continue like this." She added, finishing a fine dinner of roast chicken, green beans, and dinner rolls. She served up the plates for Niald and Morden first, before her own, along with pitchers of iced tea.

Sheena meanwhile, had truly unleashed her temper on Rebecca. After forcing the girl to clean the entire house from top to bottom, she was then whipped and punched in the face, left in an upstairs bedroom on the floor...but poor Rebecca would hide before telling on her mom!

Nathan double checked the house, then sat down with Alna. "It's all beautiful, Alna..we should see the queen very soon." He added, hugging her close.

Jasmine introduced herself as well. "Both my parents were brown centaurs, I came as a surprise to both of them. But its nice to meet you, Varen...um...I guess I can sleep under this apple tree and keep watch."

Caden lifted a brow at her fingers to his lips ~You know I can still speak to you, Laurana. There is no such thing as too much magic. You just forgot to replenish as I taught you. That is going to be our sole focus of your lessons until it is so deeply ingrained in your mind that you never forget it again.~

Mirq was so relieved when her eyes opened, "Oh good!" he said, "You scared Mirq! I ran all the way here!"

Caden looked over at the orc, "Thank you doing that," he said, "I appreciate your efforts very much. Were you able to find others of your people alive?"

Mirq smiled brightly, "Oh yes we were!" he said and the brightness in his eyes was a sight to be sure, "There are still twenty of us. Many more than I expected! Only five gone. We will mourn and then celebrate. It is our way. We will forever be friends of the Fae, never fear our caves." He bowed then and took off to go back and see all the grand things she had done for them.

Morden nodded, "She may be taken," he said hoping that the girl was taken. There were plenty of families that could take her. Not them of course, given Niald's ambitions of marrying the girl, but plenty of others. "We will go see the Queen first thing tomorrow morning. She may as well gt used to royal duties of this nature."

Lana smiled when he said the place was beautiful, "My grandfather made most of it. He was a woodcarver, and made things with magical properties to them. We had a broom that would make the dirt disappear as you swept. Grandma asked why he didn't just make the dirt go away by itself and he said that she'd get too lazy and fat if he did." She laughed gently at the memory and looked at a corner of the room, "They used to sit over there..in two rocking chairs, holding hands. They never stopped loving each other." her voice was soft and tender as she spoke. She turned to where he was, "I ahve decided that my second sight is not as important as sharing life with you. We will go and see the Queen and Caden, and see what can be done."

Varen bowed again, "A pleasure Jasmine," he said, "Are your parents still in the glen as well then?" he asked and then blinked when she said she would stay all night beneath the apple tree. "There are many available houses," he said, "All of them safe now. Choose any one of them, "The spider was the only nocturnal hunter. No guard is needed tonight. You need to rest if you are going to join us on the hunt tomorrow."

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Laurana grinned at Mirqs enthusiasm, waving to him and the other orcs! Many came up to her personally and thanked her, some even calling her orc goddess on their way to the tunnels. She smiled at that, then groaned at Cadens threat! "No please have mercy on me!" She wailed teasingly, chewing on his shoulder. She looked forward to redecorating their palace! "Should we go home now?"

Rebecca sobbed when she woke up in the dark room. She was hurt, scared, and feeling her back get infected from the whipping. Her bruised face throbbed in time with her tears, but she knew her mother surely, would be calmer in the morning. She would hide in this room until some of the injuries went away. She missed Niald terribly. He'd been so nice to her that day. Even when years ago, shed tripped him in the nursery...but he'd forgiven her and they stayed friends. She never told him about Sheenas bad treatment of her. She wished her mother loved her.

Serena thought about Rebeccas dire situation, and she wondered if they could sneak the girl out of the house without Sheena knowing. But this seemed doubtful. She sighed. There wasn't much they could do, not without alerting their majesties!

Nathan smiled, holding Alna a moment, before helping her to her feet. "Laurana was rebuilding the orc caves, but we can meet them back at the palace. Let's go love. I'll be with you when you get your real sight back." He promised, helping her the whole way to the palace.

Jasmine smiled at Varens question. Though she seemed a bit sad. "No, my parents died when I was 16..I've lived alone where I could. Trolls got my parents during a hunting trip. But a house does sound nice. If you don't mind my company ill gladly stay with you."

Sheena was satisfied after hurting Rebecca. Something about that girl really set her into a rage. She was calmer now, drinking a bottle of wine. And having a sandwhich. She hoped Rebecca learned her place after this!

Caden looked at Laurana like she was loopy, "We are home," she said, "Mirq carried you through the jungle all the way here to find me," he said, "I had just arrived from making sure the houses were safe. Thank goodness he's strong and fast." He walked with her in his arms still over to a bench in the gardens that overlooked the fountain statue of Queen Aura, "We need to make another matching fountain of you right there," he said. "So you can be with your mother at last."

Morden was busy thinking of ways to help the child as well, but all of them meant involving the Queen, so he dropped the thoughts and helped clean up dinner, "That was fabulous my love," he said kissing her behind the ear as he dried the dishes. "You are quite a wonderful cook. I am most fortunate." He nuzzled her neck and shoulder then playfully and whispered, "And the sexiest cook I've ever seen.."

Alna was shaking her head at him, "It can wait till the morning," she said, "She has used a lot of magical energy today. Let her rest and we can go tomorrow." He touched his face then, "Tonight...just love me as I am...in case this is all there is." She wasn't going to assume they could restore her sight. She'd given it as a payment...so it was possible...it could not be restored. They would find out tomorrow, but for now, she just wanted to hold him and feel that strength and warmth and reassuring love that he poured into her so willingly.

Varen lowered his head in respect, "I am sorry for your loss," he said compassionately, "So you have been alone as well...I am sorry about that as well." she was going to take a house and he was elated until she said she would stay with him. "But...you do not even know me," hes aid honestly taken aback, "How do you know I can be trusted? And for that matter how do i know you can be?" maybe she was about to rob him blind while eh slept. he had no notion whatever. "Perhaps you would be content with the house next to mine. I know it is empty." He was trying not to look as awkward as he felt at that moment but he was pretty sure his normal cool composure had abandoned him.

Nialed waited for everyone to settle in for the night and for the banging on the wall to stop and then he snuck out his bedroom window and made his way to Rebecca's house. He climbed up in a tree and looked into a room on the second floor, and as luck or fate may ahve it, he saw her there in the dark. He climbed out as far onto the branch as he could and tapped the window very lightly.

• Love
Reactions: Maggie
Laurana laughed, standing on her feet. She did feel dizzy, but steadied herself with help from gaining energy from the air and ground, which made her feel a lot better. "Okay....now I remember. You're right, Mirq and the orcs are very strong. I'm sure they'll do fine.. I like the idea for my statue being next to my mother's....maybe a statue of you as well.". She added smiling.

Nathan took Alna upstairs then, undressing her slowly, and making love to her throughout the night. Alna was right, they needed to let the queen and Caden rest...hed used a lot of energy as well. And he wanted to enjoy Alna forever.

Serena giggled as Morden complimented her cooking and her looks! She saw Niald go to his room, and had no idea he'd gone to see Rebecca! She hugged Morden and held him closely. "And you're a handsome sorcerer....im lucky to have you too." She kissed him.

Rebecca sat up slowly, wincing in pain but keeping the light off, and walking to the window. She saw Niald at her window and gasped, opening it quickly. "Niald! You can't be here....if my mom saw you shed throw you out this window..." She warned, keeping her face and back well hidden...shed never willingly show her wounds to him...!

Jasmine nodded calmly. "Agreed, trust is sacred. Thank you, ill go to the house next to yours." she agreed, following Varen back to his place, going to the house next door! "Goodnight, Varen. I'll see you in the morning."

Caden frowned, "Why in heavens name would anyone want to look at a statue of me?' he asked, "But...maybe it could be both of us together?" he smiled, "You in front, and me behind. I could agree to that." He grinned at her then a bit of a cheeky thing, "I think you were completely unconscious Sweetheart," hes aid, "I was teasing you. Maybe I should take you inside and make you sleep. I think you really need it."

Alna slept soundly, wrapped in his arms. He had proven yet again that he loved her, just the way she was. he didn't expect her to be more or less, just Alna. That meant so much to her. She was a little afraid of going to see the Queen, just because she wasn't sure how he'd react if they said there was nothing to be done for her.

Morden took his sexy beautiful wife to bed and did a proper breaking in of the bed in their new room, of their first home together. It seemed the right and proper thing to do, given the fact that he was fully intending to make her stupidly in love with him. It was all part of his plan. Provide protection, offer support, and make love to her so that she never remembers another man ever touched her. Hopefully he was succeeding, because he did not have a back-up plan.

Naild held his hand out to her. "Come with me, please." he urged her, "I cannot stand to know you are hurt...I saw her Becca...please...come with me.." She would see tears in his eyes for her hurts and the look in his eyes begging her to trust him, and come with him. Yes he was taking a risk, but if her mother appeared he was prepared to grab her and take her away to save her from that cruelty.

Varen walked with ehr back to his home and showed her the one next door, "I believe the queen supplied furnishings," he said, "Rest well Jasmine" He went into his own home, feeling like 100 kinds of an idiot. A beautiful Centauress just offered to stay with you and you sent her next door...."what kind of an idiot are you?" he asked himself aloud but went back to his room and circled the hay strewn area and then then settled down to sleep.

Laurana grinned, kissing Caden, and pretending to swoon again. "I think my legs are too tired....you might have to carry me up to the bedroom." she teased, wrapping her arms around his neck. She really did look tired still however. "You would make a better knight in shining armor statue next to mine." She added, still teasing right back!

Serena fully intended to let Morden take over her life in most things! She groaned his name several times, unable to help loving his protectiveness, his goodness in general. She kissed him deeply, holding his shoulders.

Rebecca looked at Niald with such sadness, she almost seemed to be crying. "Niald.. please, just go home. Be happy you have loving parents....I used to, ...until mom lost Aaron....then depression made her unbalanced..." suddenly, footsteps on the stairs greeted their ears. "Niald, ...I beg you! You have to go home....you can try to help me later.But if she catches you here...I'm going to ge-" Too late. Sheena walked inside the room, spotting Niald and Rebecca talking. "Do you like seeing Rebecca uninjured and unharmed....Niald?" Sheena asked, standing behind her daughter. She wrapped her hand around Rebecca's right wrist, clutching it so tight she gasped in pain. "Go home, young man. It's improper to see a young girl unannounced and not properly dressed. You might get to see her in a few days. If she behaves." Rebecca's wrist was very close to being snapped!

Nathan would do only what Alna was comfortable with. She would get only gentle encouragement and support. She was nervous about seeing the queen and Caden. Well if necessary, he would just get a word with Laurana discreetly.

Jasmine liked the onyx house, it was nice, dark, and clean, with furniture. She slept easilly on the couch. Curled up with a blanket and pillows....it felt nice to rest..