Laurana was soon pronouncing Morden and Serena, married, and gave them permission to kiss eachother. "Well now, I think its time Caden and I got out of your way and let you three adjust to life as a family." Laurana said, noticing Nialds acceptance as well as his expression of deep thoughts.

Serena couldn't believe it.....only a few weeks ago, people were calling her every terrible name in the book. Today, here she stood, properly remarried and able to share her life again.....and even Niald seemed to approve of Morden..for which she was grateful. she held Mordens hand and thanked Laurana and Caden for marrying them.

Caden held up his hand, "I did nothing but witness it," he said, "But congratulations." he said and led Laurana back to their rooms. Once there he sat down and pulled her into his lap. "So ok," eh said, "This is just a possibility, not a for sure thing. But if Morden removes the dark fae magic, I COULD lose some of the power I now have access to. I may not...but he has no way of knowing for sure. elves use magic freely, and with ease if they are gifted in that way. So it is possible nothing will change. What is sure though, is that the part of me that tends to run to anger and destruction will be gone, and no longer be able to rear it's ugly head and threaten anyone or anything. I think it is worth the risk, what do you think?" he asked, "I understand if you prefer to ahve the confidence of knowing your king is powerful and strong. I will ask them to find a way to contain the magic within my mind if that be the case."

Morden framed Seren'as face with his hands and kissed her as he'd been longing to do. He tasted her fully and poured his passion and love into that kiss. "Shal we go home?' he asked, "Or would you like to take a walk around the lake for a while?" eh looked at them both.

Niald watched them and made a face at the kissing. He did want to marry Rebecca some day, but maybe there was a way to do that WITHOUT kissing her. He'd have to ask later. "It's nice out here," he said looking at them, "can we stay out here? Fresh air is good for a growing boy, right?"

Serena melted into Mordens kiss, and she definitely kissed him back with longing. But Niald wanted to stay outside for a while. "Very true, Niald, its good to have fresh air. Want to help gather some herbs and roots?" Serena asked, taming her passion for now....

Laurana looked worried as Caden explained what would happen if he got the dark fae removed. She didnt like that he'd lose half his powers....."I am not sure we need to do that, Caden..:.I think if you've mastered the anger, you'll be alright...however, if you do get to the point you don't want that part of you, I will go with you to Mordens and be there for whatever happens." She said, relaxing in his arms. "And I'm confident youre powerful, dark elf or not." She assured him, holding both his hands ."Now.....about the hidden spell.....what all do I need to do?" She asked.

Caden nodded, "Then we will wait," he said and called the book to him. It came and he opened it to the spell. He then proceeded to read it to her.

From the mountains to the trees
From scorching sands to ocean breeze
Ye chosen Fae heed now my call
Do not delay, come one, come all
To the glen all gather as bidden
For there this spell will keep each well hidden
From any who seek our hurt or ill
From enemies that seek to kill
Within the glen our safety lies
Forever hidden from prying eyes

Caden looked at her then, "The incantation makes it so all the Fae may hear it," he explained, "And the magic to open and close the Glen comes from within you. The Glen is different each time it's opened. When the Fae are not there, the plants overgrown or sometimes die. So we will not know what we will have until we arrive. But there should be housesthere from the last time the Fae were there. otherwise we will ahve to build them. It will be good that things need done. People need purpose."

Morden smiled, "It definitely is," he said to Niald, "We can gather herbs or we can just enjoy the day."

Niald blinked, "You mean you approve of doing nothing?' he asked shocked and his wide eyes turned to his mother then.

Morden chuckled, "Not all the time," he said, "but sometimes...it's ok to celebrate and just enjoy life's many gifts."

Alna ate the meal Nathan had prepared and smiled, "You are a very good chef," she said, "I am going to gain a lot of weight unless you make sure I exercise somehow." There was a twinkle in her eye that gave away her intent.

Laurana nodded, having written down the words to the spell. "Well have to be careful then, when we arrive....." She said, still questioning wether or not she could do this on such short notice...but everyone including Caden, depended on her being a confident queen. She wasn't trying to go back to being afraid now. "Then ill do the spell...tomorrow afternoon." She said decisively.

Serena chuckled. "Niald hasn't seen me idle very much....and theres usually hundreds of things to do...but its true, resting and enjoying your surroundings can be very pleasant." She said to Morden and Niald. It wasn't long before she sat down on one of the chairs, and simply enjoyed the bright rays of sunshine. It felt so peaceful, being out here with her family.

Nathan grinned, certainly catching Alnas intent! "I love that insatiable desire, it gives me a good way for both of us to stay in shape....we can go for a walk outside, later this evening if you want..." He added with a wink. He couldn't remember much about his earlier life, but he was definitely happier with Alna. Clearing the dishes into the sink full of hot water and lemon soap, he put leftovers away, before helping Alna back to bed....where they would be "exercising" in for quite a while! "I love you, Alna..." Nathan whispered.

Caden nodded, "I have never been to the Glen, but I ahve read about it many times. We will need to be careful but it will be a safe place for us to rebuild." he smield and kissed her, "Tomorrow afternoon then," he repeated and then sliding his hands under her legs lifted her up and carried ehr to their room. "Then I have plenty of time to shower you with affection now." he said and grinning he set her on the bed and began to do just that.

Morden sat with Serena and smiled at the way the sun player on the water of the small lake. "I'll be glad to get to the Glen," he said honestly, "I miss being able to be outside without fear. I know it may sound odd coming from me, but I don't like being cooped up inside a cave."

Niald heard him and tipped his head, "Then why do you do it?"

Morden shrugged, "It became habit after the second attack from Douglas." he said, "safer to stay separate and alone. And make the potions we all need to stay healthy."

Niald made a face at him, "You were that afraid?"

Morden huffed, "Maybe I was a little afraid at first, but then it just became my way. I didn't ahve any friends, so no one cared."

Lana smiled when he took her meaning, "A walk...LATER....sounds very nice." She smiled and pulled him close, "I love you too..." she said and then whispered, "Shh....no talking now.."

Laurana giggled at all that wonderful attention. She gladly paid extra attention to him as well, especially when they were under the covers! She let her hands wander over his body, helping remove their clothing...

Serena grinned a bit, then looked at Niald. "Habits are sometimes very hard to break out of. As I'm sure you'll discover later in lifer." She said, knowing all too well how easy it was to be very busy, yet stay isolated. She leaned her head on Mordens shoulder, still glad he was so good with potions and medicines.

Alna shushd Nathan, which made him smile as he began their long hours of kisses and passionate love making. He had nothing but feelings of love and bliss right then!

Morden and his new family stayed outside for hours, just enjoying the day together, "I don't know about you two," he said, "but I'm starving. Why don't we get something to eat and get settled in for the night?" he looked up at the changing sky, "It's going to be getting dark soon anyway."

Niald who had been trying to catch a toad stood and came back to where they were, "Food is always good," eh said with youthful enthusiasm, "Can we have steak?' he asked, "Cooked on the fire not that thing?"

Morden snorted a bit at the reference to the thing, "I think I can arrange that, if Mom can manage the side dishes."

Caden liked that they were well matched in their need of one another and that she was playful in bed. They eventually drifted off to sleep though and he snuggled close to her spooned her from behind to keep her warm and near. He heard her stomach growling even in her sleep though a while later and chuckling kissed her cheek, "I think the baby is hungry," he said and slipped out of bed to make her something to eat, "What are you two hungry for?"

Alna just gave herself over to his ministrations and enjoyed their time. She'd never believed that she would have such intimacy in her life, and it was a marvelous addition to her life. She'd allowed herself to fantasize about Nathan, but never dreamed he'd actually come to be a part of her life in any real way. Now that he was, she was feeling so very blessed and she didn't want to waste a minute of it.

Laurana enjoyed every minute of being intimate with Caden...so much that she had several moments of pleasure that tired both of them out. When she woke, her baby was definitely wanting food! And not sweet things this time, she noticed as she stretched a bit, before sitting up."hm.I think I could make us some cheese burgers and fries. You'd probably like it." She added smiling.

"Of course I can make side dishes. Mashed potatoes and green beans sound ok?" She asked, leading them back home so she could prepare her share of dinner.

Nathan took extra time with pleasing Alna, spending a lot of time with her perfect breasts, and kissing her sensitive areas.

Caden heard hamburgers and french fries, "You made me that before," he said, "It was edible." he grinned at her. "Whatever the baby wants he gets though and I will eat it."

Morden nodded, "Sounds wonderful actually." he held her hand as they walked and helped ehr over the weird teeth like projections at the mouth of the cave. He watched Niald and noted that he was getting by them with ease and then he stopped at his place to get steaks, "I have a few at all times," he said, "Caden has always hunted for me in exchange for lessons and potions." he'd have to ask Caden to go again for his new family.

Niald followed running far out of his way and back. He was enjoying being outside and free. He climbed over the dragon teeth as he called them, and then hopped down and followed to Morden's house. He entered and looked at the work table, "Wow...you have a lot of stuff in here...you aren't bringing this to our house are you?" he asked curiously, "It will take up the whole house." He narrowed his eyes, "You can't have my room. I still need it. I will get married some day, but I need it right now.

Morden looked at Niald and raised a brow, "Why would you think I would take your room?"

Niald made a face, "I know that's how it happens. The mother remarries and the kid is pushed aside and forced out. Hugo told me all about it. I don't care what you do to my room after I get married, but it's mine right now."

Morden blinked, "Hugo was ...well maybe that happened to Hugo," he said, "but you are safe. Your room is yours and my work things will stay here. I will only bring my clothes and some of my food," he said, "How is that?"

Niald nodded, "Works for me."

Alna eventually fell asleep again but not for long. She was soon hungry and she left Nathan there in bed and made her way to the kitchen. She wasn't as quick or adept as he was, but she could cook. She made rice, broccoli and pork steaks. She had a blend of spices she made herself that she rubbed onto the meat and then broiled it in Laurana's thing she created. She'd come to actually love that thing. It made it easy for her to do things that used to be a bit dangerous for her.

Laurana kissed Caden for being so adaptable. "Burgers and fries it is. I think ill add some cauliflower with cheese. I should get more veggies in my system." She said, magically making the food appear. Everything was delicious, and the baby definitely enjoyed all of it. She did the dishes when she was done, asking Caden if he wanted seconds.

It didn't take long for Serena to have both side dishes fully cooked while Niald and Morden went to get a few things from mordens place. She stepped away from the kitchen and let Morden take over. "You should know you'll never be moved out or replaced, Niald. I'd never allow that, and neither would Morden." Serena assured her son.

Nathan slept very deeply, having exercised every part of his body...and hopefully Alnas! He smiled, but soon noticed a cold spot in bed where her warmth was earlier. He hid a groan upon sitting up, carefully. His back was stinging, though he'd no idea why. Grimacing at his body being stupid, he chose to ignore his own discomfort in favor of looking for Alna. He gave a relieved sigh when he saw her in the kitchen ...and was touched by the sight of het cooking supper. He smiled and hugged her before making tea.

Caden ate and was content with one serving this time. "I'm good." he said and then stretched as he stood. "So would you like to practice a bit more tonight, before you try the big spell or would you rather just relax and read, or just watch the fire burn?" He'd prefer relax, but he'd do wahtever would make her feel more comfortable and confident for tomorrow, "I don't think you need any more practice," eh assured her. "I have total faith in your ability to cast the spell."

Morden went into the kitchen and turned the stove onto broil and then began preparing the steaks with salt, pepper, paprika, sage, and oregano. He poked the steaks with a fork and then placed them on a pan with holes in the bottom. He was glad now that Laurana had spent that short time teaching him about the kitchen. He put the pan in the oven and then set the time device to 5 minutes. "I don't understand these contraptions but they do save a LOT of time." he said, "Any not to worry Niald. This is cooking the steak with fire."

Niald watched him and the skepticism was apparent on his face, "Um...right." he said and then trudged over to the table and sat down to pout. He looked pretty forlorn sitting there with his chin on his folded arms waiting to eat the rubbery yucky steaks. He looked at his mother, "Hugo says mom's change when a new dad comes. He said that kids don't matter unless they are new babies." He shrugged, "I'll be married pretty soon anyway, so it doesn't matter."

Alna hugged him back and continued to move around her kitchen easily. "Thank you for putting everything back where it was," she said. He'd been using her kitchen but always returning things to where she was used to them being. He was the perfect companion for a blind person. "I appreciate your consideration and thoughtfulness with that Nate. It means so much."

Laurana finished with cleaning the kitchen and thought a moment. "Id like us to read just a few pages from the book..and then watching the fire burn all night sounds wonderful. I'm glad you have such confidence in my magic. Sometimes I'm still afraid of doing things wrong. But lessons with you and Morden have helped a lot." She confessed.

Serena drew Niald in for a hug. "Marriage indeed! You're still very young, Niald. Letting you leave the nest is not at all an option yet, young man. Many families are different from us. But what would I do without my warrior?" Warrior had been Nialds nickname ever since he became old enough to pick up a sword and since he became such a feisty young lad. She didn't want him to feel unwanted, ever.

Nathan smiled, though he had to pause and straighten his spine. That was apparently the price he was still paying for his past capture....he was feeling his age trying to catch up. "It's no trouble Alna, I understand the need for organizing and sense of order." he assured her, giving up on the whole standing business in favor of sitting still on a stool for now. He hoped she wouldn't notice his pain. He hid a lot from people when he felt his body trying to slow him down.

Caden nodded, "We can do that," he agreed and called the book to his hand, "Shall we continue with the history then?" he asked. He turned to where they'd left off, with the death of the dark fae queen and her brother, Laurana's father.

Queen Aura managed to gather the remaining White fae together but they could not return to the glen until the breach had been repaired. That breech was the human named Douglas. One from among them had fallen in love with a human she had met during a walk in the forests outside the Glen. She had been granted permission by Aura to explore for plants, berries, and fungi needed for healing potions and food. However, the woman had begun to secretly meet the human instead. The man, being totally unaware that the woman he was falling in love with was not human, asked her to be his wife. she gladly accepted and agreed to run off with him the following day. Caryda met with Queen Aura and confessed her whole heart. The Queen being kind a gentle, gave her leave to marry, but swore her to secrecy concerning the Glen and the Fae as a whole. Caryda so swore and then left the Glen never to return.

The two married and had a good and happy life of love and joy. Caryda soon found herself with child and after a long and difficult pregnancy gave birth to a boy child. The Human Douglas was overjoyed to ahve an heir and held a grand party to celebrate. Almost a year later the boy took ill, with a fever and horrible cough. The doctors came and used all available medicines and practices on the child. Caryda was desperate, and so she broke her vow and attempted to heal the child, even though she had not used her magic in any way for nearly three years. The magic spun out of control and instead of healing the child caused his illness to claim his life even faster. Distraught, she lay atop her son weeping bitterly. The human Douglas found her thus and wept with her, attempting to comfort his wife. She was overcome with guilt and anguish and confessed her part on the child's death. The human Douglas looked at her with stern, cold eyes and forced her to confess all. She even told him of the crystal that she had worn at all times around her neck, that had kept her magic from being used. So was the beginning of the hunt for the Fae at the hands of the human Douglas, and his first victim was his wife. Killed by his own hands in their dead son's nursery.

Caden frowned, "Caryda was so foolish. How did she think things would turn out? It is not good for our kind to marry with the humans."

Niald pushed away from her, "MOTHER!" he said brushing off his clothes, "It won't be too long. I'm going to marry Rebecca some day. She doesn't know it yet but I will." He looked at the both of them, "Except...Can you get married WITHOUT the kissing part. I mean that is pretty disgusting you two. There has to be another way."

Morden blinked and lifted a brow, "Rebecca?" he asked, "The little red haired daughter of Marlo and June?"

Niald nodded, "Her moom is alone now, because her dad was killed by the Douglas, so they need a man of the house there too. I plan to be that man>"

Morden had to admire the boy's spunk and determination. "She's a very lovely young girl. You'll have to prove yourself worthy of her, and I am sure you won't be the only one trying to win her affections. You had better learn how to be the best man you can."

Niald frowned, "You think someone else likes her too?" he asked, "Well they can't have her. She's mine."

Alna couldn't see his pain but she could hear the difference in his movements and in the way he sat, "Something is bothering you Nate," she said as she moved to where he was. "Are you hurt? Or sick?" she asked.

Laurana listened very carefully to the whole tale. Her eyes widened a bit at the end as well. "I don't know what that woman was thinking. But love can and does happen between mixed races, all the time...." She said with a sad smile. Then a curious question entered her mind. "Caden.....am I ever going to be able to read the book and understand it?" She wondered, staring at the words over his shoulder.

Serena shook her head at Nialds eagerness to leave and get married so soon! The thought made her sad, though she tried to hide it as she finished all the prep work for supper and soon had everyone set up with the juicy, tender steaks, and plenty of mashed potatoes and green beans "supper's ready, guys. Enjoy." She said, bringing out a pitcher of lemon tea. She didnt like thinking about her son all grown and living in another girls home!

Alna knew him too well...."its nothing, love. Just my back whining at me, making me feel older." He said with a smile. He helped serve the delicious meal however, liking that they rotated who cooked on different days, though he did wonder what their new home would be like at the Glenn.."I promise, the pain will pass, Alna. It always does." Nathan added, squeezing her hand gently. "By the way, the seasonings in this are very good." He added smiling.

Caden shook his head, "I have no idea what she was thinking, or if perhaps the Douglas was hurting her in some way to get her to tell, but it doesn't sound as though he did. It just sounds like she spewed out her betrayal. However, it does shed more light on the Douglas. He didn't realize she was not telling him the whole truth. That was the problem. Maybe if she had told him before they grew serious, this whole thing could have been avoided and many many lives would have been spared." He looked at her and chuckled, "Laurana Love," he said and touched her face, "You can read it any time you want. You just have to cast a seeing spell on your eyes."

Morden was just grinning at Niald, "I think when you are old enough to marry, and ready for it," he said leaning a bit closer, "You will look forward to the kissing. It kind of grows on you as you mature."

Niald rolled his eyes, "Well if you HAVE to to get married then I will," he said, "But I won't pretend to like it."

Morden smiled, "You won't be pretending, trust me." He watched Serena getting everything together, "This looks good," he said, "I am horrible at the side dishes," he admitted, "But the meat..I can cook without poisoning anyone."

Alna frowned, "Why do you not ask Caden or the Queen to heal you?' she asked, "I am sure they would not mind, especially since you helped save all the people in the clan by bringing them here." She just grinned at his attempt to change the subject, "Thank you, but I still think you should speak to Caden about your back."

Laurana laughed outright at this statement. "A seeing spell! God just draw dorkstamp on my face and kick me." She grinned, feeling like a total derp. She looked at the book, then at Caden..."So what are the words to the spell? I'm definitely going to want to read it whenever things calm down in the Glenn....and speaking of... What building should I make..do I need to construct a kingdom or just a palace...." She was doing that over thinking thing again!

Serena chuckled."Love has to happen naturally, Niald...nothing is ever worth rushing or forced in terms of love. If she likes you and no one else, she will have her own special way of showing it. Remember that." She said. "Dishes are no big deal around here anymore, I have a nice dishwasher, courtesy of Laurana. I even took a class on how to use the new gadgets." she admitted to Morden. She did most of the cleaning and put leftovers away, then loaded the dishwasher and let it run through its rinse and wash cycle with lime dish soap packets in the small side door. It was quietly humming, not noisy at all.

Alna suggested he see Laurana and Caden, for his back! He mock shivered at that idea....."I've no urge to disturb their majesties while they're probably making....gods know how many babies right now. I'm better already.' He evaded. He never liked bothering anyone for trivial things

Caden chuckled and then laughed. "Sweetheart," hes aid, "The spell is just something you mentally do. Just tell your eyes to see what's hidden and they will. Most people look at this book and see blank pages. It was meant for only the royals who could magically see it." Most of the Fae had a small measure of magic available, nothing powerful. Only the royals had that. Then she was talking about making buildings in the glen and he laughed again, "Um...I do believe, from what others have told me of course. That your mother made lovely buildings ...maybe some of them are still standing. No sense thinking about that until we get there. Then we can fix, repair or rebuild whatever is necessary."

Morden listened to Serena speak and he lifted a brow in reaction. Had he missed those subtle signs? Had she been showing him things that he'd missed? He wouldn't doubt it. Fate had thrust them into a dire situation and made him face his own feelings. He had no doubt he'd been blind, and oblivious and it shamed him. "Like I said...become the best man you can be, and then you will see what happens."

Niald looked from one to the other and frowned, "Or I can just tell her now and ask her to wait for me to be old enough. I don't want someone else to tell her anything before I do. If I wait someone else might ask her to wait." He frowned, "She smiles at me sometimes," he said, "But she smiles a lot so maybe it's not me exactly. This marriage stuff is complicated."

Alna looked at him. "I will ask them then," she said with a shrug, "I don't mind bothering them. They bother me often enough." She laughed at his thought though, "They have already made a baby. It's a boy and he is going to be quite powerful. It is the first time I ahve ever seen that much magic pass to a boy child. Perhaps the tide of the Fae is shifting."

Laurana focused entirely on the book when Caden said this! She also smiled when he said there were already buildings and a castle...what fun that would all be to explore! She nodded, then put the seeing spell over the book. Instantly, she saw the same words Caden had read to her! "Amazing..magic teaches me new things every day...." She said, lightly turning the book to keep reading..

Serena just smiled at Niald. "I think being bold is okay, but always respect her opinions and back away if she says no...there are several girls your age, Niald, don't place your hopes entirely on just one...but don't be a skirt chaser either-- oh drats, im out of berries and herbs...morden, I'm trusting you to hold the place in order. Niald, please help him with chores, and I promise ill bring back something special." Serena said, walking to give Morden a hug, no kissing this time. "I'll be back in an hour, promise." Serena told them both. She had two reasons for leaving just then....she wanted to see if Niald would be able to adapt to the new man in the house, and second...well she really did like gathering her own herbs and ingredients! She grabbed her pale pink basket and walked out, heading for the lake to start gathering.

Nathan frowned a bit..."Well I guess we can go see them..but well only stay a little while." he suggested. He rose, cleaned the kitchen and finished putting everything away, before very reluctantly walking out of the room with Alna, headed for Laurana and Cadens..

Caden grinned, "Magic will always have things to teach you." he said as she looked at the book. He heard a knock at the door and handed her the book and then kissed her cheek. He opened the door and smiled at Nathan and Sovalna, "Well....this is a surprise," he said, "Please some in."

Alna shot him a look, "We have some to ask you to help Nathan," she said bluntly, "He has pain and I think it should not be. Something is not right. He didn't want to bother you but I told him you bother me all the time so it was time for me to do likewise."

Caden grinned and ushered them in, "We have bothered you a bit, Sovalna," he agreed, "And Nathan...please don't suffer when we can help you."

Morden looked at Serena and lifted a brow. he wasn't really sure what she was trying to tell Niald, and then she was leaving and he watched ehr go without saying a word. He looked at Niald, "So this is an important lesson. You are NEVER, not for one minute in your life, going to understand women. They are a gift and a blessing but never try to understand them. It is an exercise in futility." He drew in a breath and stood, "So...what chores are we to do?"

Niald listened to his mother and had a look of confusion on his face. once she was gone he listened to Morden, "I am going to marry Rebecca." he said and then stood up as well, "We have to sweep the floor and put away the dishes when the thing turns off and we have to take out the garbage."

Morden nodded, "Ok...you can marry Rebecca if she says yes, but for now...I will handle the trash and you can get the floor. They dishwasher is still going...so maybe by the time we are done with the other chores, that will be ready to be unloaded."